Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E07: Birthday Fever

• Start Topic

Are we really to believe that anyone other than Lorena was going to take care of that puppy?

Teddi's Dana Point beach house is way nicer than our Dana Point beach house.  I guess having Johnny Cougar for a dad does come in handy.  I wish ours was a measly 5 bedroom "cottage" like theirs.

It was so nice of Erika to offer to help Dorit without a second thought.  She just automatically offered and that was really generous of her.  I floved her in the audience stage-momming the hand motions.

I love Kyle's robe.

Poor Teddi.  She invited these broads to a potluck.  She really doesn't fit in.  To be fair though, the drive down to Dana Point is usually 2+ hours.  That's kind of rough for a potluck.

Is there anything that Camille can't wear?  She always looks so good.

I hate Rinna in a deep v-neck.  I did like her necklace though.

Erika looks amazing at the party.  Her hair, make-up, suit.  All fab.

Dorit's tits do indeed look ridiculous.  She's like a clown-titted Rock of Love reject when she puts them all "up on a shelf"  -- she needs to burn all her push-up bras.  She looked a lot better in the singing outfit than that dress.  In terms of her performance, I guess her song was well suited for her and having Boy George on back-up surely helped.  

So was the helicopter just for PK's benefit and not to impress the guests since no one saw it and Dorit and PK snuck in the back on a rib?  It seems unlike Dorit to plan something so showy and not make sure everyone saw it.  Dorit did do a good job surprising PK and it was nice seeing him so overwhelmed by his family and guests.  

Kyle's bitch please look during the argument was magnificent and so was the editors splicing in the other conversation about how great the night was.

On the one hand, Dorit's been an asshole, on the other hand, who wants to hang out with a pro-bono accountability coach?

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 14

Dorit’s implants looked like they were filled with helium, and not evenly filled. 

Teddi grates. She doesn’t like conspicuous consumption etc, why is she on this show? She’s a yoga panted soccer mom who humble brags about her self control and modesty. 

• Love 22

On the one hand, Dorit's been an asshole, on the other hand, who wants to hang out with a pro-bono accountability coach?

Rofl! Dorit and her push up bra, fugly.

Accountability coach and her pot luck, down home parties, snooze fest

15 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Am I the only one who thinks that Teddi's husband looks like a less prettier version of young Harry Hamlin?

He's nicer than his wife, who looks like that comedian, Chelsea something.

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Am I the only one who thinks that Teddi's husband looks like a less prettier version of young Harry Hamlin?

His head is super long and Harry's is kinda tiny.  It's like if you stacked two of Harry's heads on top of each other you might end up with one the same length as Edwin's.

• Love 10
36 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Dorit's tits do indeed look ridiculous.  She's like a clown-titted Rock of Love reject when she puts them all "up on a shelf"  -- she needs to burn all her push-up bras. 

Don’t threaten her with a good time!

• Love 18
6 minutes ago, MsTree said:

Chelsea Handler

Yes! Thank you...every time I see Teddi, except with her new longer blonder extensions, I think of CH..:)

Erika, Pretty Woman was a hooker.  Just saying. 

Oh snap!

• Love 5

Dorit went from zero to snortcake after returning from the coke (rest) room. Teddi handled the situation well fully aware that Dorit was riding the snow. 

Dorit this song is for you:

• Love 20
3 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I think Lisa Rinna looks more like Harry Hamlin!

Especially in tonight’s ep (when she was in their kitchen) when she was makeup free and wearing glasses that look so much like his.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, missyb said:

I can relate to Teddi's feelings of trepidation with palling around with the housewives and hosting events. I feel my personality is very close to Teddi. I could also care less about proper glasses, plates, wine, shoes, handbags , cars  etc. And yes, I can afford it. I have a small country club set of folks that I would be uncomfortable  entertaining because they are such over the top entertainers. I know this is my own  character flaw and contradicts me saying I don't care. If I really didn't care, I would not feel uncomfortable . But its just a  human fallible .  

Making someone feel bad about a mistake or misstep , claiming its just etiquette when it is really just a bullshit pretension, is not the making a very nice person. Suck it up for goodness sake and put the drink down or drink it from the glass you are served in. 

And therefore, I believe the shows are incredibly fake and push small things to make an issue out of. Tardiness, glasses. Oh brother. But, none of it makes Dorit look like a quality person.

I love your honesty, Missyb :) 

Personally, I think it's 100% fine to not care about wine glasses, and if Teddi doesn't care, so be it. But I don't really believe her because she's coming across as defensive about it. 

We've seen some signs of a self deprecating sense of humor from her, so have fun with your non-fancy pants ways. God, I'm about to say..."be like Tamra!". But yeah, in this way, be like Tamra, who managed to contrast her not caring with Heather's very much caring in a fun way.  I am sure many viewers relate to Teddi in this way and she could have a lot of fun with it, in a nod and a wink way to the audience about Dorit's pretentiousness, instead of as Kokapetl said, being like a humble bragger yoga pants wearing soccer mom, which is zero fun to me.  

We're only a few episodes in and we already have a couple of Gates that are as exhausting to me as apology gate was. 

I find something endearing in Dorit. I've been around a lot of pretentious people in my life so I just roll my eyes at it now, and find myself able to look past it I guess. And it's not just one sided -- at a dinner party, after too many glasses of wine, I once said something about my own bad manners by pouring myself a glass of wine (my own bad manners!) and that friend has never let me forget it -- every single time she pours her self some wine she'll make a point of saying something about how fancy I am, and how I wouldn't approve, etc.  The knife cuts both ways.  

I understand that Teddi doesn't want to be schooled by Dorit (of all people) on etiquette. Check and agree. But then don't school her on the etiquette of giving her etiquette lessons. Because that's hypocritical.  It's like *MY* special brand of disapproval is acceptable but yours is wrong, wrong, wrong! No, that's not how it works in Jel Land (where we pour our own wine, but then feel kinda sheepish about it.)  It's all the same judgy crap just dressed up differently.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

I find her to be a rude poser. I hope she gets totally destroyed at the reunion.

She really doesn't bother me anymore than say Rhinna. They all have things I like and things I don't, but I just don't get all the hate for her. 

• Love 7

Teddi and Dorit round 3 (or 4? 5???) - This one's on Teddi. She should not have brought up the glass thing to LVP if she didn't want A. To say who said it and B. it to get back to Dorit. Come on. I know she's new to this Housewife game, but that's just common sense. 

That being said, Dorit is still a crazy bitch. Teddi isn't innocent, but she's not "psycho". Not even close. And, honestly, she was still acting very superior about the fucking glass. (Which is why I loved Kyle running away with her water in a wine glass.)

But the thing that really rubbed me wrong was Dorit yelling at Kyle for interfering, yet she WELCOMED LVP sticking up for HER. Hypocrite. 

On to PK'S birthday/party: Are we sure he's turning 50? Are we sure that was his mother? He looked the same age as her. 

Dorit tells PK he's her James Bond. More like the boiled egg James Bond had for breakfast. 

Then there's the helicopter ride....to the yacht with a heli pad....into the speed boat....to the other yacht sitting 10 feet away. That's an awful lot of fucking work to get to a party. Couldn't they just totter down the gangplank like everyone else? I'm just left wondering where they get the money for all this. 

I was LIVING for Stage Mom Erika ("Sing out, Louise!"), but I'm not buying that Dorit was all that nervous. She seemed to just love having all eyes on her. I thought she sang too softly, though. 

Rehearsals - It's bad enough I have to suffer through Mikey every week - don't inflict flashbacks of Gretchen fucking Rossi on me. And you know if Boy George says you're crazy, it's baaaad. 

So Teddi has a beach house in OC? I smell a crossover. I loved Rinna reading her long ass text. This is why I relate to Teddi. I'm an over-planner and pretty socially awkward. I'll send an invite with all these options and stipulations. LOL! Also hilarious? Kyle not being sure if she has a cooler! I'm really looking forward to seeing world's collide down there. 

Worst moment of the show? PK in a bathrobe. I'm scarred for life. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 15
9 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Rehearsals - It's bad enough I have to suffer through Mikey every week - don't inflict flashbacks of Gretchen fucking Rossi on me. And you know if Boy George says you're crazy, it's baaaad. 

Oh, I loved that flashback. And a crossover of a HW from another show. Bonus points!! And my heart was full of love for Bravo when they showed the flashback of LVP and Adrienne with the chicken. One of my all time favorite scenes.  

• Love 20
6 hours ago, AUJulia said:

Teddi was telling LVP about herself and her discomfort with certain levels of entertaining. She declined to name names. Dorit is an envious lunatic. 

I just wish Teddi didn't have a face like a slapped backside. She looks like enjoy isn't part of her vocabulary.

• Love 9

How old is Teddi? She kind of reminds me of me and my friends in our early 20's after just having moved out on our own. Because of our limited amount of disposable income and general naivete (or ignorance) for the "finer things", we were proud of the "set" of glasses acquired by attending wine festivals mixed in with a few quirky mismatched others.  Teddi seems to wear her lack of knowledge of all things fancy like a badge of honor, to show how down to earth she is. 

She's like the Anti-Heather (DuBrow RHOC).  

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

How old is Teddi? She kind of reminds me of me and my friends in our early 20's after just having moved out on our own. Because of our limited amount of disposable income and general naivete (or ignorance) for the "finer things", we were proud of the "set" of glasses acquired by attending wine festivals mixed in with a few quirky mismatched others.  Teddi seems to wear her lack of knowledge of all things fancy like a badge of honor, to show how down to earth she is. 

Teddi is the earth mother. I don't need one on any HW show.

• Love 4

I have forgiven the show for their failure last week to show our high heeled ladies trying to navigate Teddi's lawn with this week's episode and our bevy of beauties struggling up the gangway!

Well done show.

• Love 16
9 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

I think it's great to be down to earth, I just don't believe it really from her. She has one Tiffany bracelet, not five!  She has pot lucks at her five bedroom beach house. Sure, she she has fancy wine glasses but she doesn't really use them or care.  These things are pseudo down to earth, imo.  She gives off a kind of defensiveness that stems from feelings of inferiority.  

She thinks Dorit is pretentious -- lots of people agree. Have some fun with that instead of being a bitter bug.

• Love 10

It sometimes seems like someone had given Dorit advice about being on the show and told her the viewers love when they show their opulent lifestyles and homes.  Usually that means showing off  ginormous closets and spending ridiculous amounts of money on luxury brand items that we wouldn't be able justify spending that much money on even if we could afford it. Dorit thinks it includes being a pretentious bitch. She is wrong.

• Love 15
7 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Dorit could have quietly asked for a different glass, switched them herself after Teddi went to talk to other guests,

And that was after not owning up to being late as hell. And before refusing any of the spa services Teddi was offering. Why did she even attend?

• Love 22
8 hours ago, missyb said:

I can relate to Teddi's feelings of trepidation with palling around with the housewives and hosting events. I feel my personality is very close to Teddi. I could also care less about proper glasses, plates, wine, shoes, handbags , cars  etc. And yes, I can afford it. I have a small country club set of folks that I would be uncomfortable  entertaining because they are such over the top entertainers. I know this is my own  character flaw and contradicts me saying I don't care. If I really didn't care, I would not feel uncomfortable . But its just a  human fallible .  

Making someone feel bad about a mistake or misstep , claiming its just etiquette when it is really just a bullshit pretension, is not the making a very nice person. Suck it up for goodness sake and put the drink down or drink it from the glass you are served in. 

And therefore, I believe the shows are incredibly fake and push small things to make an issue out of. Tardiness, glasses. Oh brother. But, none of it makes Dorit look like a quality person.

I wish I could give you 100 ? for this! I think you nailed exactly how Teddy is feeling. I have fancy friends too, and worry I won’t live up to expectations. I like drinking out of special glasses myself, it’s just the way Dorit behaved about it that made it so rude. The second that server put wine in a champagne glass I would have poured it right into the wine glass and asked him to top it off! 

• Love 11

It's bad manners to pour myself a glass of wine??????  

Therefore, is it bad manners to open up my own bottle of beer???  Pour myself a glass of Diet Pepsi???

Erika looked beautiful at the party.  Loved the softer look.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Watching all these fools teeter down the ramp to the yacht in their heels is the most hilarious thing I’ve seen in a while.

Seriously! Now, I have never been accused of being a classy dame accustomed to the finer things in life so bear with me and my revolutionary idea here...

just take them off to walk down the damn ramp! 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 10
13 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

It sometimes seems like someone had given Dorit advice about being on the show and told her the viewers love when they show their opulent lifestyles and homes.  Usually that means showing off  ginormous closets and spending ridiculous amounts of money on luxury brand items that we wouldn't be able justify spending that much money on even if we could afford it. Dorit thinks it includes being a pretentious bitch. She is wrong.

I'd rather that, than have them all act like Teddi, with her RBF. I tune in for fun.

12 minutes ago, JD5166 said:

I wish I could give you 100 ? for this! I think you nailed exactly how Teddy is feeling. I have fancy friends too, and worry I won’t live up to expectations. I like drinking out of special glasses myself, it’s just the way Dorit behaved about it that made it so rude. The second that server put wine in a champagne glass I would have poured it right into the wine glass and asked him to top it off! 

I thought her party planner friend was looking after things. Hmm, we didnt see a lot of her, perhaps she was washing the filthy glasses.

16 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

And that was after not owning up to being late as hell. And before refusing any of the spa services Teddi was offering. Why did she even attend?

Same reason Erika and LVP didn't have any serives * gasp* 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Thumper said:

It's bad manners to pour myself a glass of wine??????  

Therefore, is it bad manners to open up my own bottle of beer???  Pour myself a glass of Diet Pepsi???

Erika looked beautiful at the party.  Loved the softer look.

You asking? With five question marks I'm going to assume yes.

Here's how I was taught: ymmv.  If you are a guest at someone else's dinner party, you don't serve yourself the wine they provide at the table. You properly wait, til someone serves it to you. That's how I was taught, and it was lurking there in some section of my brain (pretense section, manners section, Momisms, somewhere in there) and sprung up that one evening, at which point, I, having drunk a fair bit already, blurted it out.  And I have never been allowed to forget it. Even now!  But really, there are not words to adequately describe the level of IDGAF I feel if anyone else serves their own wine.

I don't know about the diet pepsi -- I'm a coke zero drinker ;) 

• Love 8

I think in regard to the wrong-glass situation (or anything that someone is being unnecessarily snottily passive-aggressive about), the best response is, "OK, if it means that much to you." I've done this before and people's faces almost always reveal momentary expression of shame, haha!

• Love 18

Is Dorit Insane? OMG it wasn't a black tie party so her bitching about the proper glass made her seem petty why is she trying to flip this on Teddie? like somehow teddy was the one bitching to everyone that she had the wrong glass no dorit you did that so you are the insane one stop trying to flip this on Teddie

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

I think in regard to the wrong-glass situation (or anything that someone is being unnecessarily snottily passive-aggressive about), the best response is, "OK, if it means that much to you." I've done this before and people's faces almost always reveal momentary expression of shame, haha!

I just go with the flow. My guests, my party, I like to see them happy

At least Eileen, I mean Teddi,  has let being late go..phew! 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Rosebud1970 said:

Oh, Dorit.

Etiquette is NOT demanding to drink champagne from a flute and rose from a white wine glass. Etiquette is making your host(ess) at ease and acting as if he/she is putting on the swellest party--at which you are a guest--evah!

If someone is serving me champagne in a blessed Solo cup, then I will happily drink champagne from a Solo cup and not piss and moan about what a terrible hostess she is because she didn't think ahead to have flutes, rather than coupes. 

Actually, champagne in a Solo cup means fewer refills. So, yay me!

Kim....is that you?  kidding. I 100% agree with your entire post.  :) 

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Jel said:

You asking? With five question marks I'm going to assume yes.

Here's how I was taught: ymmv.  If you are a guest at someone else's dinner party, you don't serve yourself the wine they provide at the table. You properly wait, til someone serves it to you. That's how I was taught, and it was lurking there in some section of my brain (pretense section, manners section, Momisms, somewhere in there) and sprung up that one evening, at which point, I, having drunk a fair bit already, blurted it out.  And I have never been allowed to forget it. Even now!  But really, there are not words to adequately describe the level of IDGAF I feel if anyone else serves their own wine.

I don't know about the diet pepsi -- I'm a coke zero drinker ;) 

You were raised with such good manners! This is how I was taught as well. That you are not supposed to just pour yourself wine at a dinner party. If you do, you are supposed to look around the table to see if others also need some. You make an offer to them first, and then you can fill/refill your glass. Of course I think all of these rules go out the window if I am dining with close friends that we hang out with all the time. But when we go to dinner at the home of my husbands boss......I longingly look at the gorgeous and incredibly expensive wine and wait for the offer of a refill so as not to hog it or look like a lush. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, bosawks said:

I have forgiven the show for their failure last week to show our high heeled ladies trying to navigate Teddi's lawn with this week's episode and our bevy of beauties struggling up the gangway!

Well done show.

I was really hoping for this

YvTPPjr.gif

• Love 24

Dorit holds on to issues way too long, remember Pantygate, she had to prolong the issue by bringing Erika the gift of panties and could not understand why it was not a hit.  It really does all come down to one thing, Dorit was not a gracious guest at Teddi's house and now as the ungracious hostess of a party she is calling Teddi "psycho."  Fingers crossed that Teddi replaces all her bar ware with red solo cups.

I am still maintaining that Lisa VP is a shit stirrer, why did she have to repeat Teddi's comment (about having the wrong glasses at her beach house) to Dorit.  Teddi never used Dorit's name, Teddi was musing another reason why she does not like to host parties.  

Teddi's beach house must be a really nice 5 bedroom "cottage" on the beach, lol...how humble, lol.

I half expected PK's parents to have a reaction when they heard it was PK's 50th and when they showed his brother I half expected the subtitle to say "PK's little brother" lol.

Why bother with a grand entrance if practically nobody see's it, the helicopter did not even land on the party boat.

I noticed they showed PK's gold watch, I knew that was going to be the present, cue gold Rolex on yacht...we have seen that a time or two.

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I am still maintaining that Lisa VP is a shit stirrer, why did she have to repeat Teddi's comment (about having the wrong glasses at her beach house) to Dorit.  Teddi never used Dorit's name, Teddi was musing another reason why she does not like to host parties.  

She knew that this would cause conflict did you see her eyes light up when teddie wouldn't give a name? I'm not understanding the point of running to Dorit with what she said other then to cause drama... and the side shade of well shes laid back not like us shes not used to the finer things in life.... are you freaking kidding me Yes her father kept her in a hovel with no shoes Lisa ugh

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 8