Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E02: Groomzilla

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I too like Christine.  I think of the 4, she is the sexiest.  She seems comfortable in her skin and while I didn't think the ladies looked great in their I Will Survive costumes, I thought she looked cute and had the most rhythm.  I think she is sheltered and wish she could be with someone that loved her more than Kody does but whatever. 

Christine has always been my favorite.  She seems nice and kind.  And, based on their talk show appearances, she is without a doubt the warmest and friendliest of all the sister wives, not to mention the prettiest.  That hair!  At present, she seems to have clawed her way to wife #2.  Good for her.

I know beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, but with all due respect, none of the Brown sons in-law are what I would call "traditionally handsome".  Yikes!  Those dowdy Duggar girls have done so much better. 

• Love 5

What do Maddie and Caleb even do? Full time college students, really? Bc Maddie seems like she takes 1 class/semester while waxing lyrical about motherhood being her purpose in life and then hawking products on Insta. And Caleb -- didn't he have some manly, heavy equipment kind of job before marriage? He gave that up wherever he lived (Montana?) so they could move to Wyoming and he could go to college at age 29 -- when college hadn't occurred to him in the 11 yrs post high school? But whatever they do, they live by themselves I think in WY. The whole scene with Kody saying he needs a room for Caleb/Maddie doesn't seem to indicate a permanent move. Though as all fundies do Maddie home-birthed in what I imagine as her mothers home -- it looked too big for a rental apartment. So I wonder if they moved down for the last month or 2 pre delivery?

On 1/15/2018 at 7:57 AM, ghoulina said:

No, she wasn't. She was saying she was going to NEED to put a shirt underneath, for the actual performance. I saw no cleavage, so I wasn't sure why. 

Just FF'ed through the episode to watch the disco rehearsal fiasco portion (because I have no life).  Janelle was wearing the black shirt under a blue jacket when she went back to try on the costume, and when she came out, she was still wearing the black shirt, because she said the "halter" (that's what she called it) was not modest.  Mr. AZC also now agrees that she was already wearing the shirt under the disco top.

While the black shirt wasn't much higher in the front neckline than the disco top, the top would have been off-the-shoulder.  I can understand why a woman of her size and age would feel uncomfortable in it.  The black shirt covered up her shoulders and a bit more of her decolletage.  

• Love 5
5 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

So how many universities will Maddie have now attended?  I hope her credits are transferable or she's been wasting a lot of time.

First it was Utah State, then the U of Wyoming, and now it's the College of Southern Nevada (I recently found out the latter because I follow her on Instagram). 

• Love 1

Kody made a comment that Maddie and Caleb lived in a "tiny town" in Wyoming.  He said it had "one stop light, if that."

Just for the record:  Laramie, Wyoming has over 36,000 people, and is the county seat of Albany County.  They don't usually put even junior colleges in towns with one or two stoplights.  Their website shows a pretty good number of restaurants - local and chain.  It's right on I-80, and its many hotels/motels would be useful to people traveling on the interstate.  It's similar to my husband's home town of North Platte, Nebraska.  NP has lots of stoplights.

Yet, Kody calls it tiny, in a tone of voice that infers he knows what he's talking about.  As usual, he is full of hot air.  It's not Las Vegas, but it's nothing like what he described either.

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Kody made a comment that Maddie and Caleb lived in a "tiny town" in Wyoming.  He said it had "one stop light, if that."

Just for the record:  Laramie, Wyoming has over 36,000 people, and is the county seat of Albany County.  They don't usually put even junior colleges in towns with one or two stoplights.  Their website shows a pretty good number of restaurants - local and chain.  It's right on I-80, and its many hotels/motels would be useful to people traveling on the interstate.  It's similar to my husband's home town of North Platte, Nebraska.  NP has lots of stoplights  et, Kody calls it tiny, in a tone of voice that infers he knows what he's talking about.  As usual, he is full of hot air.  It's not Las Vegas, but it's nothing like what he described either.

Kody envisions himself the worldly sophisticate now that he lives in LV and hobnobs with celebrities.  He no doubt thinks of himself as on a par with headliners.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Just for the record:  Laramie, Wyoming has over 36,000 people, and is the county seat of Albany County.  They don't usually put even junior colleges in towns with one or two stoplights.  Their website shows a pretty good number of restaurants - local and chain.  It's right on I-80, and its many hotels/motels would be useful to people traveling on the interstate.  It's similar to my husband's home town of North Platte, Nebraska.  NP has lots of stoplights.

Yet, Kody calls it tiny, in a tone of voice that infers he knows what he's talking about.  As usual, he is full of hot air.  It's not Las Vegas, but it's nothing like what he described either.

As we all here know, we cannot take most (if not all) of what Kody says seriously. This is the same guy that associated John Denver with bohemian style in the previous season when the family was prepping for Maddie's wedding! ?

Oh, on a random note, does anyone here think that Mari might still be adjusting to Mariah's sexual orientation? I noticed on the TH, that when the wives were talking about the couples among their children, Meri said "the person" that Mariah should be with should be strong (or something along those lines) instead of "woman." Just curious...I could be reading into it too much.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, giaNtsandYankees said:

Oh, on a random note, does anyone here think that Mari might still be adjusting to Mariah's sexual orientation? I noticed on the TH, that when the wives were talking about the couples among their children, Meri said "the person" that Mariah should be with should be strong (or something along those lines) instead of "woman." Just curious...I could be reading into it too much.

I'm sure it's difficult for most/all parents when your child's life unfolds differently than you had imagined. For a religious woman/man, accepting homosexuality can be even harder than a non-religious person. I think she is doing her best. It's probably extra hard right now since Mariah is her only child, and they are already strained from the catfish fiasco.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Emma C said:

I'm sure it's difficult for most/all parents when your child's life unfolds differently than you had imagined. For a religious woman/man, accepting homosexuality can be even harder than a non-religious person. I think she is doing her best. It's probably extra hard right now since Mariah is her only child, and they are already strained from the catfish fiasco.

Makes sense. I was just wondering.

17 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Christine has always been my favorite.  She seems nice and kind.  And, based on their talk show appearances, she is without a doubt the warmest and friendliest of all the sister wives, not to mention the prettiest.  That hair!  At present, she seems to have clawed her way to wife #2.  Good for her.

I know beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, but with all due respect, none of the Brown sons in-law are what I would call "traditionally handsome".  Yikes!  Those dowdy Duggar girls have done so much better. 

I agree. I also think Christine is the most honest with herself and her sisterwives about her jealousy and the challenges of being a sisterwife. Meri is always espousing how "strong" and "straightforward" she is but I don't actually see that demonstrated on the show. Christine, on the other hand, is pretty much an open book with her feelings which I think is very endearing given the challenging dynamics of her lifestyle. 

Is Robyn still #1?

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, mamey2422 said:

I agree. I also think Christine is the most honest with herself and her sisterwives about her jealousy and the challenges of being a sisterwife. Meri is always espousing how "strong" and "straightforward" she is but I don't actually see that demonstrated on the show. Christine, on the other hand, is pretty much an open book with her feelings which I think is very endearing given the challenging dynamics of her lifestyle. 

Is Robyn still #1?

Meri seems like she has a hard time articulating her feelings. I wonder if she even knows how she feels at all, or is just too afraid to say it out loud. Sometimes I just want to scream "spit it out, woman!" when she's hemming and hawing. Get to the point already. Although, I think maybe she is afraid to state her feelings, because she has often been scoffed at in the past when her feelings or reactions to something were either not taken seriously or were criticized. A lot of stuff going on there.

I think Robyn is still #1. She really knows how to handle Kody. I think they probably have the most "modern" and equal relationship out of all of them.

• Love 1

I should feel bad about continuing to berate Tony...but I don't.

Did I seriously hear Mykelti (yeah yeah, spellcheck, I know) giggling about how Tony would totally tell her ON THEIR WEDDING DAY that he didn't like her dress?

Surely I misheard. RIGHT?

What kind of unrepentant pig would do that to a bride on her wedding day? (I know, I know, low-hanging fruit)

My husband - a quiet, soft-spoken engineer who rarely expresses emotion in public - still reminds me, every time we talk about our wedding (nine years ago), that I was the most beautiful woman in the world (I wasn't). And I am 100% positive that he would've felt that way regardless of the dress I picked. Why? Because he isn't a raging narcissist more concerned with seeming "edgy" and "pushing buttons" than with other people's feelings.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

I was the most beautiful woman in the world (I wasn't).

You were in his eyes and that's what counts.  That's what is missing with this group of morons, appreciation of the real things in life. Not money, not fame but real feelings for each other in thick and thin.  

I always remember the whole group blowing off Truly (or whatever cockamamie spelling is correct), including her damned mother, when she was critically ill.  What kind of person does that to a sick child?  Thank heavens for one of the kid's sisters who kept hounding them to do something.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I think Robyn is still #1 but I think Kody seems a little bit tired of ALL of them.

Honestly, if any of these women had an ounce of common sense, they'd all be tired over HIM.

Goodbye Earl!

• Love 3
On 1/19/2018 at 9:19 AM, AZChristian said:

I was watching last night and my husband was in the room. He and I both noted Kody's remarks about Laramie. We are on the east coast, literally, and for both of us Laramie was the most well known city in Wyoming. I ended up looming up Laramie on the Internet because we were both so confused how a town with a university could be a two stoplight town. What a weird thing for Kody to lie about.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I was watching last night and my husband was in the room. He and I both noted Kody's remarks about Laramie. We are on the east coast, literally, and for both of us Laramie was the most well known city in Wyoming. I ended up looming up Laramie on the Internet because we were both so confused how a town with a university could be a two stoplight town. What a weird thing for Kody to lie about.

Kody lives in an alternate reality from the rest of us.  He's so used to having people (at least 4 of them) believe him, he forgets there are people in the world with brains and Google access.

• Love 4
On 1/18/2018 at 7:18 PM, RedheadZombie said:

Does any of this mean he's a union carpenter?  My good friend's father and husband are union carpenters.  They have great benefits and the retirement is amazing.

Nevada is a right to work state, so it is highly doubtful he is part of a labor union.

3 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

Nevada is a right to work state, so it is highly doubtful he is part of a labor union.

Arizona is a right-to-work state as well, but we do have unions for certain licensed occupations.  I used to work for the electric company.  Our electricians were unionized.

1 hour ago, Rabbittron said:

I  was already to give up on the show but now with FT I can't wait to hear what he says. 

I swore it off but low and behold, TLC reran the episode a few days ago so watched it.  I hate myself!  There is not ONE person I like or even care about so have no idea why I waste my time.  :D  Maybe testing my annoyance capacity.  

FT couldn't be a more perfect horrible in-law if he was hired through "central casting".  His parents (if they *are* his parents) seem to be lovely people, so what's his excuse?

• Love 1

When FT was asking to marry their daughter? He got 50% approval and 50% pending approval/reserving judgment, which wasn't good enough and  turned him surly. Paraphrasing: "(I don't really give a shit because) we're the ones getting married." Dang, grifter with a mean streak.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

You mean mouth-breathed?

OMG, @DakotaJustice.  You owe me a new laptop after I spewed coffee all over mine after reading this. 

16 hours ago, Otter said:

I swore it off but low and behold, TLC reran the episode a few days ago so watched it.  I hate myself!  There is not ONE person I like or even care about so have no idea why I waste my time.  :D  Maybe testing my annoyance capacity.  

FT couldn't be a more perfect horrible in-law if he was hired through "central casting".  His parents (if they *are* his parents) seem to be lovely people, so what's his excuse?

I watched the 1st part of the Groomzilla episodes on demand.  I had to after reading this.   I could not force myself to watch the rest.   Send help.  

On 1/18/2018 at 4:17 PM, xwordfanatik said:

I don't think it could be worse than Mykelti and Tony.  I hope this guy works, and they will not move back to Vegas, at least not to the cul-de-sac.

Hopefully Aspyn will have a real job as well.  I don't know, if she's finished college, or what she plans to do work-wise.

A video of Logan's engagement is also posted on that People link. I assume that Logan and Michelle will not be pimping their nuptials to TLC and making them pay for TEN street tacos per person and tacky bride and groom pinatas to beat on at the reception?  Jesus, and can FT STOP requiring everything to be Mexican? The hilarious part is that if you read Twitter, fans that actually ARE of Mexican heritage are contradicting FT's "traditions" left and right.  A popular theme on Twitter is that FT is planning his quinceanera, rather than his wedding. 

And are the Browns trying to convince US, or themselves how much they like FT?

• Love 1
16 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

Christine: I looooooove Tony! I loooooooove Tony! We all just looooooooove Tony!

Did she say it in that vapid, breathy voice and slur all of her words together?  I don't know why I need to know, I just do.

17 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

Christine: I looooooove Tony! I loooooooove Tony! We all just looooooooove Tony!

1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Did she say it in that vapid, breathy voice and slur all of her words together?  

1 hour ago, the-grey-lady said:

Come now. You know she did. More than once.

I am carrying this conversation over to Christine's thread because I don't want it to die here once people move onto the next episode thread !

19 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

Yeah. I know that when I really like someone, I feel the need to keep repeating my feelings over and over again, lest I forget my love. Sure.

The moms all seem grossed out by his existence. Janelle was less able to mask her disgust, but it's clear as day that they think Mykelti could have done better.

Tony is just...awful. I don't care that he's a bigger guy, but he is so sloppy looking! He is also an asshole. What man would admit to telling his future wife that she doesn't look nice in her wedding gown? He looks like the type who would tell Mykelti that she's getting too fat when she gets 9 months pregnant. Everything about him is gross.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, trimthatfat said:

The moms all seem grossed out by his existence. Janelle was less able to mask her disgust, but it's clear as day that they think Mykelti could have done better.

Tony is just...awful. I don't care that he's a bigger guy, but he is so sloppy looking! He is also an asshole. What man would admit to telling his future wife that she doesn't look nice in her wedding gown? He looks like the type who would tell Mykelti that she's getting too fat when she gets 9 months pregnant. Everything about him is gross.

Yes!  He is allowed to get fatter and fatter, but I could see him fat-shaming Mykelti.  Like the fundie wives, yuck.  They have to stay slim, but their "headships" get to get fat.  Patriarchal, chauvinistic bullshit.  

My grandpa used to sing a song called "Heartaches By the Number."  That's the future Mykelti's going to have.  She would have done better to stay single.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

My grandpa used to sing a song called "Heartaches By the Number."  That's the future Mykelti's going to have.  She would have done better to stay single.

My dad sang that, too. I remember the 1959 Guy Mitchell version.

Heartaches by the number

Troubles by the score

Every day you love me less

Each day I love you more

Not wishing this on Mykelti by any means. But it's not looking good for her.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, suomi said:

When FT was asking to marry their daughter? He got 50% approval and 50% pending approval/reserving judgment, which wasn't good enough and  turned him surly. Paraphrasing: "(I don't really give a shit because) we're the ones getting married." Dang, grifter with a mean streak.

And then they cut to Mykelti looking (I thought) embarrassed, with her eyes cast down. RUN, GIRL. 

• Love 1

This divisiveness between "Mexican" and "white" commentary is making me surlier than usual.  If any of the other offspring bring home anyone the least bit "different," can we expect that to be pointed out at every turn?  Why do they want to play up that crap?

4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Yes!  He is allowed to get fatter and fatter, but I could see him fat-shaming Mykelti.  Like the fundie wives, yuck.  They have to stay slim, but their "headships" get to get fat.  Patriarchal, chauvinistic bullshit.  

I see trouble in the cards for Madison as well; in fact, that marriage may start to falter before Mykelti's and Tony's.  From the start there was something about Caleb that I found disturbing. I think he is going to be possessive of Madison to a point that hinders her socially.  I just can't picture Caleb wanting to "share" Madison with others.  As for Madison's closeness with her family, It seems Caleb won't have to worry about Madison spending too much time with them due to the considerable distance between them.

About Tony:  Did you notice how quiet he was when Mykelti was talking about the wedding.  He was mute, as though he were sending a "f-you" message to the family, as if to say, "You thought I got too involved with the wedding and everything else, so I'll show you!  I'll sit here and keep my mouth shut."  (What an overgrown child he is).

• Love 1

Remember when Mykelti brought a friend who was a boy from her high school home and Kody lectured them on exchanging hormones, etc.  Of course, the kid high tailed out of her life as fast as possible after that.  I will bet that Kody rues that day since the result was FT!

• Love 1

the first sentence below was supposed to be a quote; I screwed up.

As for Madison's closeness with her family, It seems Caleb won't have to worry about Madison spending too much time with them due to the considerable distance between them.

Not sure what you meant above; were you meaning tonymykelti?  Since Maddie and Caleb are moving to LV?

I agree that Tony is an overgrown, petulant child.  Mykelti was correct when she said she was marrying someone just like dear old dad.  Shudder.

Edited by xwordfanatik
as above
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I see trouble in the cards for Madison as well; in fact, that marriage may start to falter before Mykelti's and Tony's.  From the start there was something about Caleb that I found disturbing. I think he is going to be possessive of Madison to a point that hinders her socially.  I just can't picture Caleb wanting to "share" Madison with others.  As for Madison's closeness with her family, It seems Caleb won't have to worry about Madison spending too much time with them due to the considerable distance between them.

About Tony:  Did you notice how quiet he was when Mykelti was talking about the wedding.  He was mute, as though he were sending a "f-you" message to the family, as if to say, "You thought I got too involved with the wedding and everything else, so I'll show you!  I'll sit here and keep my mouth shut."  (What an overgrown child he is). 

Mykelti:  I get a kick out of her. She has a personality similar to her mother's.  She will tire of Tony as she matures, much like Madison will eventually feel stifled and smothered by Caleb who is - what? - ten years older than she?

• Love 1

I'm a few weeks behind, and I'm working through the threads.  Has Tony demanded a Mariachi band yet?

I'd like to think that Tony is trolling these grifters into feeding every Mexican-American in Nevada, Utah and parts of California ("Umm, yeah, I used to rent garage space to a guy who used to live down the street from a lady who used to go to Church with a dude who taught Tony how to play chess.  Where are my tacos?"

Otherwise, if Tony's for real.  Do Mormons believe in karma? 

• Love 1

I'm a few weeks behind, and I'm working through the threads.  Has Tony demanded a Mariachi band yet?

I'd like to think that Tony is trolling these grifters into feeding every Mexican-American in Nevada, Utah and parts of California ("Umm, yeah, I used to rent garage space to a guy who used to live down the street from a lady who used to go to Church with a dude who taught Tony how to play chess.  Where are my tacos?"

Otherwise, if Tony's for real.  Do Mormons believe in karma? 

I don't have a problem with a groom wearing jeans for an outdoor wedding if the bride is on-board.  But FT should never wear jeans with a tucked-in shirt.  My goodness, there's a whole bakery worth of muffin tops oozing over that belt.  This would've been a perfect occasion to wear a nice suit with suspenders so that his pants could sit at the right level.  He might've actually looked presentable.  As it is, just awful. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

I don't have a problem with a groom wearing jeans for an outdoor wedding if the bride is on-board.  But FT should never wear jeans with a tucked-in shirt.  My goodness, there's a whole bakery worth of muffin tops oozing over that belt.  This would've been a perfect occasion to wear a nice suit with suspenders so that his pants could sit at the right level.  He might've actually looked presentable.  As it is, just awful. 

I totally agree.  I think it's just really skewed that he wears jeans and tennis shoes and then has the gall to make an ugly comment about Mykelti in her wedding dress.

• Love 1
On 1/21/2018 at 0:41 PM, Rabbittron said:

I  was already to give up on the show but now with FT I can't wait to hear what he says. 

I don't even call the show by its name anymore.  I asked Mr. Natalie on Sunday if he wanted to watch Fatter Tony with me.  Even as a non viewer he knew which show I was talking about.  He lasted about 10 minutes.  I told him he was a quitter.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I totally agree.  I think it's just really skewed that he wears jeans and tennis shoes and then has the gall to make an ugly comment about Mykelti in her wedding dress.

I also think one has to take in account WHERE the wedding is being held.  Its a country club.  Not a park, beach, backyard.  Wear some fucking big boy pants for crying out loud!

1 minute ago, Natalie68 said:

I also think one has to take in account WHERE the wedding is being held.  Its a country club.  Not a park, beach, backyard.  Wear some fucking big boy pants for crying out loud!

And he works in a Bank, so I suppose we can assume he HAS big boy pants?