Type keyword(s) to search

Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

DollEyes
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Yeah, from the clips we saw, it looks like Thanos and company kill a bunch of people on the ship, maybe everyone except for Hulk and Valkyrie (SOBS!), and then he will threaten to kill Thor if Loki doesn't give him the stone (which he stole because Loki), and because Thor is pretty much the only person in the universe Loki gives a damn about besides himself, he does it. Then...I have no idea. Maybe Thanos kills him when he has no more use to him, and tosses Thor into space, and that how he finds the Guardians? 

I think is exactly what happens. I wonder if we’ll get two Loki’s, one trying to save Thor, the other trying to get the Asgardians off the ship. I dont think they would wipe everyone out, right after Thor rescued them...Banner, Heimdall and Valkyrie are MIA, as are the ragtag bunch of aliens who were with Loki, so I’m assuming they’re with some of the Asgardians escaping. I wonder if Thanos murders Loki after he gives up the stone, or he allows Loki to join him again (I kinda think Thanos isnt into second chances). I know Loki is a thorn, but after Ragnarok, I want to see more Thor/Loki stories. I’m not a Loki fangirl, but I admit I might be crushed if he gets killed off.

I wonder if not all the Supers will actually cross paths but be separated into two different stories. Some in space, some in Wakanda? Or if some of them, like Valkryie and Nebula, wont make an appearance until the second film. I really want Gamora/Nebula to be the ones to finish Thanos, but I’m sure that honor will go to someone else. Too bad Quill gave up his powers, I think they are definitely needed.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, JessePinkman said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Cap is so dead. But you know if they're going to kill Cap this is how you do it. Going hand to hand with someone try to kill half the universe? That's how a hero goes out.

***LA LA LA I can't hear you***

4 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Tony and Peter interacting. I cannot wait for Rocket's snark about the two of them and their plans.

5 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

Peter is already so much fun.

With two Peters to keep track of, how about we stick with made up names? Less confusing that way. :) And amen to both sentiments.

Since they specifically kept Stark separate from Rocket and Groot in the trailer I'm betting those introductions are going to be epic and they want to keep it for the actual movie. 

The Guardians are my favorites of the Marvelverse, and I cannot wait to see them meet everyone else. I'm hoping for a scene of Rocket, Shuri, and Tony - I'm trying to imagine how Tony will handle not being the biggest brain or the biggest smartass in the room!

2 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I love that the Black Panther cast, especially Okeye is so prominently featured on the poster.

Right? Then again, after how amazing Black Panther turned out, Marvel damn well better give them their due!

1 hour ago, Enigma X said:

I am another who wants absolutely no one to die!

Me too! They're all too much fun to kill off.

The one character I'm still waiting to see is Nebula. She *has* to have some pretty epic scenes. Of everyone we've seen in the course of 19 movies, she probably hates Thanos the most. With Gamora a close second.

• Love 6

After watching the new trailer I'm more worried for Tony than Steve. I'm also very worried for Loki.

I'm also very inclined to believe that IW ends with everyone/almost everyone dying. I think Avengers 4 will bring time travel or Alternate Universes into play, with characters getting resurrected (Time/Reality stones).

I don't think any Marvel death will be final and I'm totally OK with that ?

I love that Gamora got the VO for this trailer it's quite perfect given her history. I really need to see how Nebula fits into everything

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 6

The poster release, which confirmed Peter Dinklage is in the movie also appears to not have Paul Rudd or Jeremy Renner on it, despite both appearing on the IMDB page. Interesting.... Seems they likely won't have a big part, if anything in the movie, perhaps setting up Ant-Man and the Wasp.

By the by, despite having all the casting in place, this had to have been a nightmare for the executive team figuring out who went where on billing. Obviously Robert Downey Jr. is first, but Chris Evan's doesn't show up until fourth. Then following Zoe Saldana as the last of the "listed cast" we have "Featuring VIN DIESEL as Groot, BRADLEY COOPER as Rocket, with GWENYTH PALTROW, with BENICIO DEL TORO with JOSH BROLIN as Thanos, and CHRIS PRATT"

Benedict Cumberbatch being stuck in the middle of the cast list is relatively amusing... "If it was any film but this!"

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I don't think any Marvel death will be final and I'm totally OK with that ?

I think I read somewhere that Chris Evans is open to cameos in future movies, which could mean that he's either ok at the end of this one, or that your time travel theory is correct. 

• Love 1

I cant decide what call back line from Steve I want more. Do I want someone to be like "are we going to try and fight these guys They're intergalactic conquerors from outer space!" and Steve says "I dont like bullies, I dont care where they're from." OR, do I want him to be fighting until the very end against Thanos, and Thanos is like "Surrender, you cannot possibly win!" and Steve just gets up and says "I could do this all day" while practically falling down in pain and exhaustion. 

I dont care if its cheesy I WANT WHAT I WANT.  

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I cant decide what call back line from Steve I want more. Do I want someone to be like "are we going to try and fight these guys They're intergalactic conquerors from outer space!" and Steve says "I dont like bullies, I dont care where they're from." OR, do I want him to be fighting until the very end against Thanos, and Thanos is like "Surrender, you cannot possibly win!" and Steve just gets up and says "I could do this all day" while practically falling down in pain and exhaustion. 

Cap is my favorite. If he says either, I’ll be crying. I think there’s going to be a lot of tears shed.

Who knew that an actor that I was so concerned about when he was casted would be the one who is going to Hulk, Smash my heart (I knew that reference ?)

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

OR, do I want him to be fighting until the very end against Thanos, and Thanos is like "Surrender, you cannot possibly win!" and Steve just gets up and says "I could do this all day" while practically falling down in pain and exhaustion. 

As long as he doesn't die die, I'm all for this one. It's my favorite Steve line.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I just remembered that Korg and Miek are also on the ship with the Asgardians. If Bruce and Valkyrie survive, then Heimdall, Korg, and Miek must also.

It's really hard to read but I swear I see Idris elba's name on the new poster for Infinity War.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

It's really hard to read but I swear I see Idris elba's name on the new poster for Infinity War.

Great eyesight! I magnified the poster and happily saw his name there as well as Gwyneth Paltrow. I didn't know that she was in the movie. I was also surprised to see Peter Dinklage's name. I wonder if he is playing one of Thanos' CGI henchmen.

I love seeing Danai Gurira's name on the top of the poster. I am a huge fan of her work and hope the role of Okoye gives her bigger opportunities.

• Love 1

I don't know how they are going to manage all the characters they are fitting into this movie. I'm trying to keep my expectations in check, but the closer the movie gets, I can't help but get hyped up, more and more. Can't wait. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

The trailers reveal how the interactions might go. The section on Titan Starlord annoys Tony and Dr Strange is annoyed by everyone, while the Wakanda section is full of mutual respect.

I don't know, respect isn't the look I'd say Ayo is giving.

• Love 3

I’m so excited. I got tickets to the 7PM show Thursday night (a day early) since it doesn’t look like Cineplex does midnight showings anymore, which sucks. I have fond memories of the Harry Potter midnight premieres. I’m splurging to go to one of the VIP theaters, which are 19+ so no bratty teenagers or kids. We saw Spiderman: Homecoming in the VIP theater and it was awesome. Only about 50 seats, plus they bring food and booze to you in your seat which is a perk. 

The poster has me hyped since GP is billed – she was filming with RDJ and Mark Ruffalo back in August, but there was confusion as to whether they were filming Infinity War, Avengers 4, or both at the same time. So getting confirmation is nice – RDJ was recently interviewed saying they’re going back to the heart of the films, and as a shameless shipper (since 2008, gosh now I’m nostalgic about seeing the first Iron Man film in theaters) I am pleased as punch. Of course, knowing Marvel I think they’re going to kill Tony off in Avengers 4, but that’s just my feelings.

• Love 2

Nope. The reddit is full of fake posters full of Hawkeye because everyone is so confused. He’s definitely in the movie, but there’s speculation about why he hasn’t been spotted yet. 

Spoiler

The popular theory is that he’s no longer Hawkeye but is Ronin, another alias in the comics  

(edited)

My verdict: DDAAAYYYYMM!! That new trailer gave me life like my mama!  I'll be counting the days, the hours & the seconds for it, just like I did for Black Panther.

As the trailer proves, another thing to look forward to besides the action, there's plenty of comedy gold to be had, whether it's Star-Lord vs. Stark, Spidey vs. Strange or Groot vs. puberty; otoh, if Cap dies dies, I'll be pissed, to say the least. I'll side-eye Marvel like Ayo did Black Widow. 

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 5
On 3/16/2018 at 6:07 PM, Maelstrom said:

The Guardians are my favorites of the Marvelverse, and I cannot wait to see them meet everyone else. I'm hoping for a scene of Rocket, Shuri, and Tony - I'm trying to imagine how Tony will handle not being the biggest brain or the biggest smartass in the room!

A few years ago in the comics, Tony joined the Guardians, and suddenly being confronted with a sentient raccoon who is as smart as he is played a big part in the story.

• Love 3
On 16/03/2018 at 2:48 PM, JustaPerson said:

I can't wait!! I think the Earthlings would be really weirded out by Peter (Quill) and the concept of a human growing up among aliens and I can't wait to see Peter's reaction to being on Earth again after 20+ years. 

I am more interested in seeing the reverse,  Starlord coming back to earth and finding out there are super heroes now. And being the only human living who doesn't know who Tony Stark is.

Also based on the Lego sets,

Spoiler

Bruce is the one in the Hulkbuster armour. 

So I am interested in how that goes down. 

3 hours ago, starri said:

A few years ago in the comics, Tony joined the Guardians, and suddenly being confronted with a sentient raccoon who is as smart as he is played a big part in the story.

I can't imagine they'll recreate the scene with Gamora, but it would be wonderful if they did.

On 3/16/2018 at 3:52 PM, anna0852 said:

I am so excited that so many amazing, talented and kick ass women are holding prominent roles in this movie.

I think there's a real danger for most of the women (not to mention the second tier heroes in general) to be relegated to supporting roles.  Let's face it, thanks to expiring contracts this is probably the last hurrah for the original big three (Cap, Iron Man, Thor), the other original Avengers (BW, Hulk, Hawkeye), AND a showcase for the most popular of the new guard (Spidey, Black Panther, Dr. Strange, the Guardians) who will be the ones carrying the MCU into the future.  Scarlet Witch will obviously get some focus thanks to Thanos hunting down Vision but even that is more about him having the Mind Stone in his head.  It won't be much of a movie if Thanos doesn't snag the stone at some point so at the very least she'll get to angst.

23 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

Let's face it, thanks to expiring contracts this is probably the last hurrah for the original big three (Cap, Iron Man, Thor), the other original Avengers (BW, Hulk, Hawkeye), AND a showcase for the most popular of the new guard (Spidey, Black Panther, Dr. Strange, the Guardians) who will be the ones carrying the MCU into the future.  Scarlet Witch will obviously get some focus thanks to Thanos hunting down Vision but even that is more about him having the Mind Stone in his head.  It won't be much of a movie if Thanos doesn't snag the stone at some point so at the very least she'll get to angst.

Was Doctor Strange popular? I was jazzed to see it before it came out, but afterwards... It's not bad, but it's just kind of there. It's like the Olive Garden of the MCU. It's not Del Posto, Spiaggia, or nonna's home cooking, but it's not Chef Boyardee or ketchup over egg noodles (TM Henry Hill). However, I think IM 2 and Thor: The Dark World are actually bad. Doctor Strange is serviceable and adequate. I also find it telling that Kevin Feige is willing to talk about all of the upcoming movies, but he doesn't have a single word to say about a Doctor Strange sequel. Worse still, Doctor Strange's traditional team-ups minus Hulk and Spidey are chilling over on the Netflix shows as a mash up between the Defenders and Heroes for Hire. On his own, I found Strange to be not interesting enough to be boring (TM my mother), but the visuals in the movie were interesting. However, Dr. Strange was funny enough in his Ragnarok cameo.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 4

I imagine Gamorra will have a lot of prominence here because of her backstory with Thanos.  Nebula really should as well but I don't think she's popped up in a trailer yet.

Strange did well at the box office but I wouldn't say he was one of Marvel's more popular efforts.  But he's involved heavily on this whole Infinity stone business.

• Love 4

Just saw Trailer 2 that recently came out.  I know I'm just watching this with my heart, but it occurred to me that the male/female couple looking up at the sky phenomenon at the beginning looked kind of like Reed and Sue Richards.  Or at least how I would imagine Reed and Sue Richards to look - an older, more mature Reed accompanied by a somewhat younger blonde.  Looks like they were standing next to Iron Man or War Machine?

I mean I'm sure it's not them, but I would be thrilled at any sort of Easter egg like that at this point.  My eyes are bad, it might have been Cap and Scarlet Witch for all I know.

This weekend, I decided to watch the Bonus features for Civil War, Spiderman and The Avengers.  They were really good--fascinating and insightful-- and I'm now looking forward to all the extras that will come with this movie when it comes out on DVD. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, benteen said:

I imagine Gamorra will have a lot of prominence here because of her backstory with Thanos.  Nebula really should as well but I don't think she's popped up in a trailer yet.

Nebula made the cover of one of the EW variants so that at least gives me hope. The big reveal as to why she hated Gamora was one of my favourite parts of Guardians 2.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, JessePinkman said:

Where. Is. The. Soul. Stone???

At this point I'm waiting for them to reveal it was in Steve's heart all along.

What if it was in the serum Steve got, explaining why other attempts at making super soldiers were a bust?

I hope its not on Earth. The galaxy is massive, whoever hid the stones clearly wasnt thinking if they’re all in one spot.

• Love 1

I think the Soul Stone is buried deep within the vibranium in Wakanda. No one of course knows it's there but I think it's what's giving vibranium all those awesome abilities we saw and black panther. Not to mention the whole purple motif with with the heart-shaped herb.

And since Shuri figured out how to essentially deactivate vibranium, I think that technology is what's going to be used against the stones that Thanos already has.

Edited by anna0852
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, SnoGirl said:

What if it was in the serum Steve got, explaining why other attempts at making super soldiers were a bust?

Whatever Zola did to Bucky also worked, as well as what Howard later developed for the other 5 supersoldiers.  Both of those successes were possibly activated/energized by the Space stone, while Steve was activated by Howard's VitaRay.  But I wouldn't think Howard's VitaRay was related to the Soul Stone.

Maybe Thanos already had the Soul Stone and that's what got him starting to actively go after the rest of them, starting with the Space Stone and his ploy with Loki.  Or it is Heimdall and he uses it's power to send Bruce back to Earth and lands him on Dr. Strange's doorstep, and Thor splatting on the Guardian's windshield.  

On 3/16/2018 at 7:55 PM, SimoneS said:

I just remembered that Korg and Miek are also on the ship with the Asgardians. If Bruce and Valkyrie survive, then Heimdall, Korg, and Miek must also.

I'd be more than fine with Korg buying it; I don't want some deadpan joke from Waititi undercutting every dramatic moment in this movie like in the second half of Thor: Ragnarok.

Also not a fan of Cap (or anyone) parroting lines from previous movies as fanservice. We have Tumblr for that; let the writers who are being paid big salaries think up new dialog to wow us.

Edited by Bruinsfan
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, SnoGirl said:

I hope its not on Earth. The galaxy is massive, whoever hid the stones clearly wasnt thinking if they’re all in one spot.

This is my hope too. I really think that it was intended to be in Heimdall's possession because of his ability to see every person in the 9 realms, but Marvel did a bit of pivot at some point in phase 2 because it seemed too obvious. I would prefer it to not be in Wakanda. Give it to the Sovereign or someone random.

• Love 3

In addition to Clint being MIA, Scott and Hope have also been conspicuously absent from the Infinity War buildup.

With Ant-Man & The Wasp debuting this summer, has it been determined if that film takes place before, during or after Infinity War?

Because it's awfully weird for Scott & Hope (and Hank for that matter) not to be involved in all the Infinity War drama.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

This is my hope too. I really think that it was intended to be in Heimdall's possession because of his ability to see every person in the 9 realms, but Marvel did a bit of pivot at some point in phase 2 because it seemed too obvious. I would prefer it to not be in Wakanda. Give it to the Sovereign or someone random.

Wouldn't that mean that 3 of the stones were in Asgard? The space stone, the reality stone and the soul stone.

1 hour ago, Dee said:

In addition to Clint being MIA, Scott and Hope have also been conspicuously absent from the Infinity War buildup.

With Ant-Man & The Wasp debuting this summer, has it been determined if that film takes place before, during or after Infinity War?

Because it's awfully weird for Scott & Hope (and Hank for that matter) not to be involved in all the Infinity War drama.

I don't think Hope is in IW, Feige and co. have said they wanted to make her costumed debut in Ant-Man and The Wasp.

22 hours ago, JessePinkman said:

Wouldn't that mean that 3 of the stones were in Asgard? The space stone, the reality stone and the soul stone.

Technically, the Collector has the reality stone after being given it by the Asgardians. Had Heimdall had the soul stone, it would have meant that at least 3 of the stones had some connection to Asgard. Plus Loki's scepter, which Thanos probably gave him, contained the mind stone. I think this is part of the reason why the soul stone is not with Heimdall.

As it is, the earthly connection to the infinity stones, feels like overkill--the tesseract was chilling on earth until Avengers, Jane was the vessel for the reality stone, Vision has the mind stone, and Dr. Strange has the time stone. The only stone that's been truly off world is the power stone that was on Morag. The reality stone was in some unnamed soft spot between worlds that Jane accessed from Earth. Having the soul stone in Wakanda feels like too much.

I would rather it be with the Kree, the Skrulls, or the Sovereign. We've already been introduced to Jotunheim, Vanaheim, Niflheim, Muspelheim, Sakaar, Sovereign home world, Hala the Kree home world, Titan, Berhert where the Guardians crash in Guardians 2, Contraxia, and told about A'askavariia. It makes no sense that except for one infinity stone, every other stone has had a connection to Earth or Asgard.

Edited by HunterHunted
Eliminating planets that already had an infinity stone
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Dee said:

Not 100% but I think I recall that Scott/Hope and maybe Clint aren't supposed to show up until A4, and that Ant-Man & The Wasp is set before Infinity War.

If I remember correctly before the events of the first Avengers, only 2 of the infinity stones were on Earth (the Space Stone and the Time stone)

The Space Stone (the tesseract) was on Earth, in the Norwegian church until Hydra took it and then it was under the water with Steve for 70 years and is now with the Asgardians

The Reality Stone (Aether) was in another dimension, or possibly Svartalfheim until Jane became it's vessel and then the Asgardians gave it to the Collector at Knowhere

The Mind Stone was offworld (and may have been in Thanos' possession) somehow got to Loki as part of the scepter, and it's now on Earth, in Vision's forehead.

The Time Stone (Eye of Agamotto) was held by the Sorcerer Supreme in Kamar Taj, on Earth

The Power Stone was on Morag and now is on Xandar

And the Soul Stone is ?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Tenshinhan said:

Not 100% but I think I recall that Scott/Hope and maybe Clint aren't supposed to show up until A4, and that Ant-Man & The Wasp is set before Infinity War.

I am about 95% sure that Ant Man and Wasp takes place before Infinity War, and instead deals with the direct aftermath of Civil War, with Hope and Hank laying low, and Scott on house arrest after taking Caps side in the conflict. Maybe something happens with them that being in Infinity War trailers would spoil, and they're waiting for their movie to come out to say more of what they're up to by the time Thanos shows up?

Or maybe they've been in all of the trailers, and are just so small we dont see them!

• Love 1

There's a really interesting piece on Vulture about the billing credis for Infinity War.

http://www.vulture.com/2018/03/analyzing-the-crazy-credits-of-avengers-infinity-war.html

15 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I am about 95% sure that Ant Man and Wasp takes place before Infinity War, and instead deals with the direct aftermath of Civil War, with Hope and Hank laying low, and Scott on house arrest after taking Caps side in the conflict. Maybe something happens with them that being in Infinity War trailers would spoil, and they're waiting for their movie to come out to say more of what they're up to by the time Thanos shows up?

Or maybe they've been in all of the trailers, and are just so small we dont see them!

So is the month following Civil War going to rival the week when Thor, Iron Man 2, and the Incredible Hulk all happen? Following Civil War, we have Homecoming, Black Panther, the end of Ragnarok, and Ant Man and the Wasp all happening.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 3

This looks amazing!  

My work group and I have started a Deadpool (pun 100% intended).  

I'm not feeling so hot for Steve and it feels like the appropriate end to his arc...since Bucky was healed by Shuri and the Wakandans, he can pick up the Shield.   Evans has done amazing things in this role and TWS stands as my fav MCU movie (edging out Black Panther by thismuch). 

I'm genuinely worried about my dear Loki.  He does this dumb shit that is totally in his nature (like, he couldn't NOT grab the tesseract), but I find that Tom has made him this broken thing that I care about.

If the Soul Stone is on Earth (which...WHY not the rest of the entire universe?!), I would agree that Wakanda is a good shot.  I will say the fight in the trailer looks like the Thanos fights are there b/c Vision is in Wakanda. 

Edited by TrininisaScorp
  • Love 7
On 3/19/2018 at 4:52 PM, starri said:

That's Bruce and Natasha.

Thanks, I figured it was something like that.

It now looks like Black Panther is going to pass up the original Avengers movie domestically, which is something I don't think too many people could have predicted.

The next question becomes, can the Avengers Infinity War movie pass up The Black Panther?  Especially considering Age of Ultron under performed?