Type keyword(s) to search

Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

DollEyes
  • Start Topic

So I have been watching a bunch of old episodes of Arrested Development lately and while I knew the Russo Brothers got their start in tv comedy i didn't know that Joe Russo directed my favourite episode; Peir Pressure. Knowing that and knowing that one armed Buckey is a good guy now, it would be awesome and hilarious if Bucky some how managed to use his missing arm to teach someone a lesson like J Walter Weatherman.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Kel Varnsen said:

So I have been watching a bunch of old episodes of Arrested Development lately and while I knew the Russo Brothers got their start in tv comedy i didn't know that Joe Russo directed my favourite episode; Peir Pressure. Knowing that and knowing that one armed Buckey is a good guy now, it would be awesome and hilarious if Bucky some how managed to use his missing arm to teach someone a lesson like J Walter Weatherman.

It's why Danny Pudi of Community shows up in Winter Soldier. They produced and directed some Community episodes. The Bluth staircar shows up in Civil War. I wouldn't mind more Arrested Development and Community jokes/Easter eggs.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

It's why Danny Pudi of Community shows up in Winter Soldier. They produced and directed some Community episodes. The Bluth staircar shows up in Civil War. I wouldn't mind more Arrested Development and Community jokes/Easter eggs.

I knew about Danny Pudi, and the dean in Civil War, didn't know about the stair car though, that's pretty awesome. Now if at some point i  Infinity War, Bucky starts a sentence with "and that's why you always..." i will laugh my ass off. If he actually tried to teach someone a lesson I may have to leave the theatre.

(edited)

Did they just... change the release date in the US?  (I'm... confused) eta: I guess they did.  O_O  But... I'm still not seeing it until I know who dies.  

Edited by Wynterwolf
  • Love 4
(edited)

Smart move. Between this and Deadpool and Solo it was going to be a bunch of blockbusters just cannibalizing each other. At least now there's some breathing room (and less time for the non-US audience to spoil us plebs in the US). And they get to take even more advantage of that BP goodwill.

Edit: Poor Rampage opening a week before IW though. The Rock is going to be so salty just like he is about Black Panther.

Edited by JessePinkman
  • Love 3

Wow, can't complain that I get to see it sooner! 

Has this kind of thing happened before? Moving a release date when the movie was coming out soon.

• Love 2

This is pretty unusual this late, but I've seen discussion that it's probably in response to the Deadpool 2 release date (and then Solo soon after, though I suspect Solo is basically going to get lost in the shuffle).  But it always seemed weird to me that it was being released so much earlier in other countries than it was going to be released in the US, so maybe they had kinda planned for this possibility already.  

• Love 1

I think the best part of that entire Twitter exchange is RDJ’s Twitter picture.

They havent started selling tickets for the May opening yet, have they? I used to work at a Movie Theater and they started seling tickets for big summer movies back in March when they could....

• Love 2

I am so stoked about them moving the date up because, originally, I was going to be at DisneyWorld with friends and family (a group of about 25-30) celebrating my mother's 70th birthday (this is something she specifically requested 5 years ago and I've been working my ass off to get this organized) and I was stressing about how to fit Infinity War amidst all of the Disney fun. Now I don't have to worry!! Woooo!!

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Dandesun said:

I am so stoked about them moving the date up because, originally, I was going to be at DisneyWorld with friends and family (a group of about 25-30) celebrating my mother's 70th birthday (this is something she specifically requested 5 years ago and I've been working my ass off to get this organized) and I was stressing about how to fit Infinity War amidst all of the Disney fun. Now I don't have to worry!! Woooo!!

Awesome!  I went for my 30th birthday last year (and I already wish I could go back).  It was a blast!  I hope you all have a great time!

(edited)
13 hours ago, Dee said:

Jeremy Renner has been conspicuously absent from all the Infinity War promo material.

I think it might be because they want to hide that he's taken on the identity of Ronin in Infinity War.

Edited by Athena
edited spoiler tag to encompass whole post
  • Love 1
(edited)
12 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

Hide contents

I think it might be because they want to hide that he's taken on the identity of Ronin in Infinity War.

Spoiler

Possibly. But all the Ronin speculation comes from pictures on the set of Avengers4. With so many characters in IW, it wouldn't surprise me if Renner's appearance is only a cameo.

Edited by Athena
edited quoted post spoiler tag
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, JessePinkman said:

AND some brand new stills that are full of (light) spoilers:

Hide contents

2736823613917489.jpg?w=669

27913874032842.jpg?w=669

21976827163483219041.jpg?w=669

My girl meeting Bruce!!! This makes me so SO happy.

2362391703209812.jpg?w=669

Spoiler

Poor Rhodey and his robot leg harness. If only he had known that Team Cap would have access to medical knowledge that would completely heal his spine and apparently be used on Everett Ross about 2 weeks after Vision accidentally shot War Machine out of the sky.

• Love 5
(edited)

Why does it look like Cap, Nat and Rhodey all bumped into each other at a supermarket?

Cap's mag cover is hella sexy. This is the world I live in. But, man, I am freaking dying over Bucky's new look... which is such a total throwback to his Howling Commando outfit.

Also, Sebastian Stan's hair can probably cure cancer, right? Look at it. It's glorious.

Edited by Dandesun
  • Love 6
(edited)

I'm looking forward to all the different characters interacting. I know people say Tony Stark and Dr Strange are too similar but there are big differences. Tony is more social and likes people in general. He'll walk into a room and it's a fun party. Stephen Strange is anti-social. He walks into a room and everything becomes awkward and uncomfortable!

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, VCRTracking said:

I'm looking forward to all the different characters interacting. I know people say Tony Stark and Dr Strange are too similar but there are big differences. Tony is more social and likes people in general. He'll walk into a room and it's a fun party. Stephen Strange is anti-social. He walks into a room and everything becomes awkward and uncomfortable!

umTEfoA.jpg

• Love 8

Blech, I dislike Dr. Strange. I thought that creatively it was the worse Marvel movie. I hope that he doesn't have a prominent role in Infinity War.

Spoiler

I think Strange's most useful purpose would be introduce the Time Stone. I haven't stopped hoping that it can be used to reunite Steve and Peggy and help Thor go back and prevent Thanos from killing the remaining Asgardians.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, SimoneS said:

Blech, I dislike Dr. Strange. I thought that creatively it was the worse Marvel movie. I hope that he doesn't have a prominent role in Infinity War.

Hide contents

I think Strange's most useful purpose would be introduce the Time Stone. I haven't stopped hoping that it can be used to reunite Steve and Peggy and help Thor go back and prevent Thanos from killing the remaining Asgardians.

I'm just saying, if all this Infinity Stone business doesn't lead to Steve and Tony being reunited with young Peggy and Howard, then I don't even know what the point of this whole film series has been.

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Hide contents

Are you me? That movie is filled with actors I'll watch in almost anything in a movie I can't stand. Blech is right. If they had stuck Ron Perlman in there, I would have been a goner. I have watched that man in some serious garbage. Anyway...Doctor Strange is some boring been to that well already nonsense. Arrogant genius? Check. Tragedy upends his life? Check. Suffers and learns humility? Debatable, but yes as far as the MCU goes. Uses his new skills/suit/ability to become a hero? Check.

Also Strange's injuries are a direct result of his arrogance and overconfidence. How am I supposed to feel sorry for an idiot who drives off a winding road at night because he was trying to examine an x-ray and drive. Who does that? And then...and then has the gall to act like an ass to everyone who helped him. Proving that every medical professional in that movie except for Dr. Strange is better than me, I'm shocked that none of them said to him "I'm using my two working hands to flip you the double bird."

However, I didn't mind Strange's cameo in Ragnarok. If they keep it to that level in Infinity War, I'll be happy.

On 3/1/2018 at 3:29 PM, JessePinkman said:

Edit: Poor Rampage opening a week before IW though. The Rock is going to be so salty just like he is about Black Panther.

58 minutes ago, wingster55 said:

Que? No comprende

The Rock has been upset because Black Panther and Jumanji are out at the same time and Black Panther has undercut some of Jumanji's box office legs. Unfortunately, the Rock has another film coming out, Rampage. The same thing that happened with Jumanji is likely to happen with Rampage.

23 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Are you me? That movie is filled with actors I'll watch in almost anything in a movie I can't stand. Blech is right. If they had stuck Ron Perlman in there, I would have been a goner. I have watched that man in some serious garbage. Anyway...Doctor Strange is some boring been to that well already nonsense. Arrogant genius? Check. Tragedy upends his life? Check. Suffers and learns humility? Debatable, but yes as far as the MCU goes. Uses his new skills/suit/ability to become a hero? Check.

Also Strange's injuries are a direct result of his arrogance and overconfidence. How am I supposed to feel sorry for an idiot who drives off a winding road at night because he was trying to examine an x-ray and drive. Who does that? And then...and then has the gall to act like an ass to everyone who helped him. Proving that every medical professional in that movie except for Dr. Strange is better than me, I'm shocked that none of them said to him "I'm using my two working hands to flip you the double bird."

THIS.

Which is exactly why I hope the MCU doesn't make him their new focal point if/when the original Avengers exit.

I can see some combo of Carol, T'Challa, Hope, Sam/Bucky and/or Spiderman leading the next iteration of Avengers.

But Doctor Strange? Hard Pass.

• Love 1

I always forget they rebooted Spider-Man again. It took me a second to figure out who the kid hanging onto the school bus was.

Honestly, I think this movie has every chance of being a bloated mess, full of irritating fan-service and screen time of a few minutes for most of the characters. Of course, the hypocrisy of this is that I'm only really interested in what they do with Bucky, and have little faith that he'll get much going on beyond a few fan-servicey minutes.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Is he truly upset? Probably not, but he isn't truly happy for Black Panther either. He executive produced Jumanji so Black Panther causing it to cool decreases the coins in his pocket.

https://screenrant.com/black-panther-box-office-dwayne-johnson-jumanji/

It doesn't even make any sense. They came out 8 or 9 weeks apart, Jumanji is doing far better than expectations and was already losing steam (as movies in their 9th week of release often do) by the time BP came out. Did he turn down a role in BP? Did he ask to be in it and they said no? I don't get why he cares, they weren't direct competition.

• Love 2
(edited)

Some fans assumed The Rock was jealous of BP's success because of a tongue in cheek instagram post he made congratulating the cast & crew of BP on the film's smash success.

But by the time he made the post, Jumanji had already been out for a couple of months & grossed close to a billion dollars, so any ill intent on Dwayne's behalf was imagined IMO.

ETA: The Instagram Post In Question

Edited by Dee
  • Love 2

The whole video from the Rock is about finding inspiration to keep pushing yourself, and I've seen a lot of athletes work themselves up over really minor things (They don't think I'm as good as X, I'll show them!), so I think that's most of what's going on there.

There might be a little bit of added salt that he's been signed on to play Black Adam for a while a while now, so there's probably going to be some inevitable comparisons whenever DC actually does get around to making a Black Adam movie.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Wasn't a fan of Dr. Strange as well. I'll risk sounding dumb, but I really did not get that movie. And the movie being a mish-mash of Inception, Casper: The Friendly Ghost, Edge of Tomorrow/Groundhog Day/whatever-else-Time-Repeats-Itself-movie wasn't impressive to me. 

2 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

Wasn't a fan of Dr. Strange as well. I'll risk sounding dumb, but I really did not get that movie. And the movie being a mish-mash of Inception, Casper: The Friendly Ghost, Edge of Tomorrow/Groundhog Day/whatever-else-Time-Repeats-Itself-movie wasn't impressive to me. 

The movie is a narrative mess. And the rules of the mirror universe don't seem to be too clear.

(edited)

Yeah I don't think the Rock was really that pissed about Black Panther's success. Jocks are always competitive.

2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Recently David Ogden Stiers passed away whose best known for playing army surgeon Charles Emerson Winchester III on M*A*S*H and I realized Tony is like Alan Alda's  "Hawkeye Pierce" and Strange is Winchester. Hawkeye on M*A*S*H was this womanizing, drinking, anti-authority wiseass who used humor to hide his feelings. He matured gradually and became more responsible of as the series went on. Winchester was this snobby, arrogant prick but there were episodes where he showed his compassionate side. While we've seen Tony change over the years(as he makes some big mistakes) Strange hasn't shown his nicer side beyond the douchey facade yet.

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, Perfect Xero said:

The whole video from the Rock is about finding inspiration to keep pushing yourself, and I've seen a lot of athletes work themselves up over really minor things (They don't think I'm as good as X, I'll show them!), so I think that's most of what's going on there.

There might be a little bit of added salt that he's been signed on to play Black Adam for a while a while now, so there's probably going to be some inevitable comparisons whenever DC actually does get around to making a Black Adam movie.

Along with being one of the best ever in the wrestling business at doing the promos. Sometimes as a heel and sometimes as a face.

Seeing Josh Brolin in both the MCU and the X-Men/Deadpool movies Black Adam should not preclude him from doing Marvel. Although he may see a challenge in turning around the DC movie fortunes

1 hour ago, Dee said:

Which is exactly why I hope the MCU doesn't make him their new focal point if/when the original Avengers exit.

I can see some combo of Carol, T'Challa, Hope, Sam/Bucky and/or Spiderman leading the next iteration of Avengers.

But Doctor Strange? Hard Pass.

See if you have an Avengers consisting of Carol, T'Challa, Hope Van Dyne, Sam, Bucky and Spider-Man, then I definitely would want Strange in there too. I think a team like that needs a "designated jerk"!

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

The movie is a narrative mess. And the rules of the mirror universe don't seem to be too clear.

The most upsetting thing to me in that movie is how Rachel McAdams was soooooooo wasted in her role! I've been wanting to see her in a superhero movie, but she ends up being the generic girlfriend, of a thankless, egotistical man, no less.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, VCRTracking said:

See if you have an Avengers consisting of Carol, T'Challa, Hope Van Dyne, Sam, Bucky and Spider-Man, then I definitely would want Strange in there too. I think a team like that needs a "designated jerk"!

I hate MCU's Doctor Strange because he has no character arc.

Even Tony, who is a disagreeable wiseass on most days ending in y, had something resembling a coherent character arc in his films (at least until Civil War but that's another story).

Strange is literally the same person at the end of his own film as he is in the beginning, just with appropriated powers & a circle of devoted sycophants.

He doesn't learn or grow from his experiences, and the one lesson he learns from his mentor/enabler is, 'Do As I Say, Not As I Do,' which had basically his mission statement anyway.

Edited by Dee
3 hours ago, Perfect Xero said:

I'm just saying, if all this Infinity Stone business doesn't lead to Steve and Tony being reunited with young Peggy and Howard, then I don't even know what the point of this whole film series has been.

Exactly. All I am saying is that Marvel better not fuck this up. I expect to see Hayley Atwell's Peggy in the final scene or after the credits of Infinity War.

3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

However, I didn't mind Strange's cameo in Ragnarok. If they keep it to that level in Infinity War, I'll be happy.

A cameo is as much as I can tolerate Strange so we are definitely twins on this topic.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, Dee said:

Strange is literally the same person at the end of his own film as he is in the beginning, just with appropriated powers & a circle of devoted sycophants.

He doesn't learn or grow from his experiences, and the one lesson he learns from his mentor/enabler is, 'Do As I Say, Not As I Do,' which had basically his mission statement anyway.

I wouldn't call Wong, as he is depicted in the movie a "sycophant". Honestly his only friend is the cloak of levitation! I also think he did change. He was a totally selfish person in the beginning, refusing patients that were "hopeless" or "beneath him" only choosing to do surgeries that would be a challenge yet guarantee success. By the end of the movie he was willing to be killed over and over into infinity to stop Dormammu.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I didn't even think of that! Steve/Peggy 5ever! I just need them to get their dance...please...

• Love 4
20 hours ago, slowpoked said:

The most upsetting thing to me in that movie is how Rachel McAdams was soooooooo wasted in her role! I've been wanting to see her in a superhero movie, but she ends up being the generic girlfriend, of a thankless, egotistical man, no less.

McAdams was good as Irene Adler in the first Sherlock Holmes movie. She could have done a whole lot more in Dr. Strange. I would have preferred to see her cast as the Wasp than Evangeline Lilly.

• Love 4

I know with Thanos being the Big Bad there's no way to keep the Guardians of the Galaxy out of this, but I admit I wish they could have stayed on their own for a few more films.  The tone of those movies seem different enough that I wonder how they'll fit in with the Avengers.