Type keyword(s) to search

Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

DollEyes
  • Start Topic

Wanda and Vision are totally gonna get together in this movie and then he's gonna die, isn't he? That's just mean. Speaking of him, I wonder why they went with CGI for Thanos but used what seems to be a combination of practical effects and CGI for Vision.

Edited by JustaPerson
  • Love 2

It took about 10 views but I finally caught Falcon and War Machine in the Wakanda fight.

Looks like NYC, Space, Wakanda are the main locations.

Also, I wonder if the Wanda/Vision scene is a shared dream? Didn't Civil War and with Wanda on the run (along with the rest of the team)?

10 minutes ago, Wynterwolf said:

I think that's been the prevailing assumption for awhile, and it's certainly another possibility.  I just like the idea of it being on Wakanda, and being part of their spiritual system, better from a narrative standpoint.  Plus, it would give a really good reason why The Black Order is attacking Wakanda, and why TeamCap+ appear to be making a stand there.  Heimdall has magic, there's no doubt about that, but so do most of the Asguardian people, and the Tesseract is already associated with Asguard.  It just feels a bit clunky for them to have control over two stones, and to have both stones on the ship when Loki hands over the Space Stone.  But... they could! 

I agree with putting the Soul Stone in Wakanda being a good narrative choice. My only (minor) issue with it is that it places 3 stones on Earth (Mind, Soul and Time). Two of which seem to be long held treasures.

Of course having 3 stones on Earth certainly makes sense for why Thanos goes full invasion to find them.

I think I want it to be in Wakanda but, I also find the Heimdall spec interesting. I never heard it before.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

My only (minor) issue with it is that it places 3 stones on Earth (Mind, Soul and Time).

Plus the Aether (Reality Stone) was linked to Earth in Dark World, even though it's currently held by The Collector.  The only one I couldn't find an Earth link to was the Power Stone, but I guess you could loosely say that Peter Quill is sort of a link to Earth, and that one appears to be the first one Thanos gets, and we probably don't even see much about that one.  Nova Corps basically just folds like a wet noodle.

12 minutes ago, Wynterwolf said:

Plus the Aether (Reality Stone) was linked to Earth in Dark World, even though it's currently held by The Collector.  The only one I couldn't find an Earth link to was the Power Stone, but I guess you could loosely say that Peter Quill is sort of a link to Earth, and that one appears to be the first one Thanos gets, and we probably don't even see much about that one.  Nova Corps basically just folds like a wet noodle.

Oh interesting. I have yet to watch Dark World. I knew they had the stone in that movie but, I thought it was located where the Dark Elves lived, didn't know it was connected to Earth.

Just now, Morrigan2575 said:

didn't know it was connected to Earth.

A portal appears on earth connected to the Aether.  Jane is there to investigate the portal and is sucked into it and gets infected by the Aether.  Thor has to take her to Asguard to cure her.  

2 hours ago, JustaPerson said:

Wanda and Vision are totally gonna get together in this movie and then he's gonna die, isn't he? That's just mean. 

I got that from the trailer also. I thought they were pretty intimate. Vision would see Thanos coming. If he loses the stone can he survive? 

This trailer feels earned.  The whole of the groundwork that the MCU has been laying for the past 10 years  means we'll follow these characters on their crazy adventures. Not like another "franchise" that's tried to skip some steps to get there.

Only one joke in the whole thing, in the end tag. I wonder if it's going to carry a more serious tone than the past few films.

Did anyone else see the YouTube video recently criticizing the MCU films for their general lacking in the scoring front? The close of the trailer felt like a big FU to that video with th Avengers theme swelling to a climax. I loved it!

Edited by Traveller519
  • Love 15
10 hours ago, Unusual Suspect said:

I have no idea how this film is going to function with all those characters, but I'm dying to find out.

It will definitely be dense, but if they stick to type there will be a lot of emphasis on the relationships within the team-ups, rather than on individual action and I think that helps ground the story telling and gives everybody something meaningful to contribute. Hopefully they'll stick to that template here.  

And... I guess that's one way they could have Heimdall have the Soul Stone, if he and Loki basically use the Tesseract/Space Stone to disguise the fact that they have the Soul Stone to get it away somehow.

• Love 6
On 11/29/2017 at 8:12 AM, Joe said:

I want to like it, I'm just kind of underwhelmed. Anyone else feel that way? Maybe the next trailer will inspire me.

Not just you, the only moments that really hyped me were the spider sense one and "Get this man a shield." It may be that there were just too many characters for any one of them to have much impact. Also, Thor: Ragnarok has just set the bar too high; it's been forever since a trailer got me as ramped up as that one did.

Edited by Bruinsfan
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, VCRTracking said:

Or the Soul Stone could be in Wakanda.

LOL. 

Honestly... I keep feeling like because I so want that to happen, there's no way it can, so everyone else has to be right and it's something else.  Because ideas I get emotionally attached to just don't pan out in the end.  And yes, I am still thinking WAY too much about all this.  Egad.  At least it's just over 5 months now... 

Avengers: Infinity War the most-viewed trailer in 24 hours of all time with 230 million views.

Captain America's 'Infinity War' Beard Was Most Popular Part of Trailer

If you had to guess, what would you think was the most buzz-worthy moment from the Avengers: Infinity War trailer? Spider-Man's slick new costume? Thor meeting the Guardians of the Galaxy? Thanos' menacing speech?

It turns out it was Steve Rogers forgetting to bring his razor when he went into hiding after the events of 2016's Captain America: Civil War.

Captain America's beard generated more than 20,000 mentions on Twitter in the first seven hours of the trailer's release, according to social media research firm Fizziology. To put that number in perspective, that's more than many trailers generate as a whole during the same period (72 percent of trailers get fewer than 20,000 mentions during their first seven hours of life).

The trailer dethroned It as the most viewed-trailer in 24 hours with 230 million views (according to Marvel). Infinity War is also the most talked-about initial trailer during the first seven hours that Fizziology has studied, topping Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

Here's the breakdown of the top five talked-about moments from the Infinity War trailer:

Captain America's Beard (20,474 mentions)
Spidey sense (6,100 mentions)
Guardians at the end of the trailer (5,497 mentions)
Get this man a shield (2,180 mentions)
Group together running at end (2,108 mentions)

And the first trailers for a movie with the most mentions within the first seven hours:

Avengers: Infinity War (1,147,438)
Star Wars: The Last Jedi (784,360)
Fifty Shades of Grey (503,392)
Captain America: Civil War (426,015) 
Black Panther (353,410)

• Love 6
21 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I think it is Wakanda but, I saw really interesting spec on twitter that Heimdall has the Soul Stone. They said it's the stone in his Armor's breast plate, his eyes are gold and he can see people throughout the universe

I've always thought Heimdall has it because of his armor and eyes, but more importantly the stone controls life and spiritual energy. Heimdall has basically always been able to see every living thing in the 9 relms and is often worried when he can't. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, scriggle said:

Captain America's beard generated more than 20,000 mentions on Twitter in the first seven hours of the trailer's release, according to social media research firm Fizziology.

LOL, I wonder if they included all the comments about Sharon in that total.  But regardless, the beard is a spectacular thing. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Wynterwolf said:

LOL, I wonder if they included all the comments about Sharon in that total.  But regardless, the beard is a spectacular thing. 

Gawd, she isn't in the movie, is she? I think I wiped her out of memory.

I am going to be torn between my two favorite Chrises watching this movie; Hemsworth and Evans. Regardless, they both have my heart. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Wynterwolf said:

Come on the 'speaking of beards, where's Sharon Carter' quip was HILARIOUS.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Dandesun said:

Come on the 'speaking of beards, where's Sharon Carter' quip was HILARIOUS.

I may have favorited a few... :-D  

3 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Gawd, she isn't in the movie, is she? I think I wiped her out of memory.

I don't think so, I haven't seen anything about her, but... you never know.  

• Love 3

Woo Woo, I can't wait!!!

I heard a theory that while there may/will probably be some deaths of heroes in the movie(s), as long as the heroes/Dr. Strange can keep/recover the time stone, all those deaths can be reversed.  Let's hope!

• Love 4

Someone cut together the Steve, Bucky, Sam & T'Challa bits out of the trailer... it's pretty cool.

https://achillesphiltatos.tumblr.com/post/168082205227/achillesphiltatos-anon-said-if-someone-could

Not that the other character bits aren't cool also, but the D23/SDCC trailer had a lot more Tony, Peter, Dr. Strange & GotG in actiony space stuff, but the stuff in this trailer just feels more passive the way it was shown.  But I could watch Steve catching that spear, Bucky cocking his gun, T'Challa slashing everything in sight and Sam, the flying rampage machine all day long.  

• Love 4

I showed my kids the first Avengers a few days ago. They were I think a little young to really get into (although they liked seeing the characters). Anyways I hadn't realized until watching it that the voice over in the Infinity War trailer is pretty much the exact same speech that Fury gives to Cap and Tony on the helicarrier after Coulson gets killed and Loki escapes.

• Love 1
On 30/11/2017 at 6:10 PM, HunterHunted said:

I've always thought Heimdall has it because of his armor and eyes, but more importantly the stone controls life and spiritual energy. Heimdall has basically always been able to see every living thing in the 9 relms and is often worried when he can't. 

I hope Heimdall doesn't have it. I finally saw Thor Ragnarok and based on what Thor said in it he had been spending most of the time since Age of Ultron searching for it. If an Asgardian who he knows pretty well had it the whole time, that would be kind of hard to explain and a little  dumb.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I hope Heimdall doesn't have it. I finally saw Thor Ragnarok and based on what Thor said in it he had been spending most of the time since Age of Ultron searching for it. If an Asgardian who he knows pretty well had it the whole time, that would be kind of hard to explain and a little  dumb.

**peeks out of a shadowed corner**  **whispers**  Wakaaaanda... **disappears back into the shadows**

• Love 5

I love the shield... makes me think of a bird-of-prey on his arm (like a previous century's general for a king might have).  Like a huge hawk, or an eagle.  And when he flicks it open, it's like it's spreading it's wings.  Yeah, don't mind me... I may have watch that a few too many times already.  So much so that I think I'm seeing... okay yeah, never mind.  It's probably Wanda behind Steve in the shot of him, Nat and Vision.  

Edited by Wynterwolf
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Wynterwolf said:

Yeah, don't mind me... I may have watch that a few too many times already.  So much so that I think I'm seeing... okay yeah, never mind.  It's probably Wanda behind Steve in the shot of him, Nat and Vision.  

Is it Wanda? I assumed so at first, but I thought I saw a bit of red and gold? Maybe just light reflecting on her hair? Hard to tell on my tiny screen.

2 hours ago, coppersin said:

Is it Wanda? I assumed so at first, but I thought I saw a bit of red and gold? Maybe just light reflecting on her hair? Hard to tell on my tiny screen.

See, that's the thing!  You can basically see the long, black coat and the leg, and a little of the shoulder, but... ugh.  

Spoiler

There was bts set photos of Clint in a long black coat, and I was trying to see if anything matched up with the Ronin outfit, and it kinda does, but not quite?  So yeah... I'm still either way on it.

On 2/4/2018 at 10:52 PM, Wynterwolf said:

I love the shield... makes me think of a bird-of-prey on his arm (like a previous century's general for a king might have).  Like a huge hawk, or an eagle.  And when he flicks it open, it's like it's spreading it's wings. 

I am curious to see what can be done with it. The big circle shield was used in a lot of creative ways, from a bouncing projectile, to a sled type thing, to a hammer/axe type thing to an actual almost full body shield.  It always added a lot to Cap's fight scenes, it will be interesting to see what they can do with this one.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:
  Hide contents

Not Wanda, Carol.

Spoiler

I had wondered if it was Carol, but I thought we weren't getting her until the second IW? I kinda hope it isn't her, this movie is already so crowded.

On 2/5/2018 at 4:16 PM, tennisgurl said:

I swear every time I watch Spider-Man getting involved in this cosmic stuff, I’m like “Peter Parker IT IS A SCHOOL NIGHT!” 

If I were Aunt May, I'd be like, "I don't care if you did just save the universe! You are so GROUNDED!!

I'd also have a few choice words for the Avengers in general & Tony Stark in particular.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 7