Type keyword(s) to search

Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

DollEyes
  • Start Topic

38 minutes ago, Enigma X said:

There is still hope for A4's release. I am trying to think of other names and flavors for our other Avengers. :)

Peppermint Rescue (isn’t that her superhero name in the comic books?)

Natella to Die For

Rocket road

all I got so far

• Love 10
(edited)
On 5/1/2018 at 9:14 PM, tennisgurl said:

I finally got to see this, after all this time waiting, and...anyone else need a drink? Or several? Because I have feelings. I have SUCH feelings.

SO. MANY. FEELINGS. Hey, is there any of that Asgardian firewater around? Pass it this way, wouldja?

On 4/30/2018 at 9:26 PM, afterbite said:

I can't recall, but prior to his more comic turn in Thor: Ragnarok, was Bruce always so goofy? He seemed really, really goofy and I didn't particularly care for it, but it's been a while since I'd seen him prior to the latest Thor, so maybe he's always been that way?

I found him worse in Thor: Ragnarok, actually. There he was a whiny, cringing mess. (But then nearly everyone acted completely out of character in that one, most especially the TITLE CHARACTER. Grr. Ahem.) Peter Quill's Douchebag Redux this time out has nothing on that. However: moving on.

I'm still processing, but I went into this completely unspoiled, and I'm glad I did. I was pretty convinced that Steve would die -- in some ways, his story has reached its natural end -- one love of his life has died, and the other is restored to being a person again. And I was surprised that Tony actually survived. I thought the loss of both Bucky and Peter was particularly cruel. Tony's walls are coming down, but, man, is he getting smacked around every time he lets someone in! (And the idea that Tom Holland was ad libbing in his last scene astonishes me.)

I wish the Mind Stone and Soul Stone had been shown as more powerful, in some ways, rather than as just Vision's and Gamora's MacGuffins. I particularly don't understand the "rule" about possessing the Soul Gem: you have to give up what you love most in the world to acquire it. That seems more like a test of ruthlessness than of wisdom, to me. (Also: I would dispute that what the Mad Titan felt for Gamora was actually love in any true sense.)

I will admit that I'm a bit confused about speculation around the use of the Stones after this. That shot of the Gauntlet after Thanos snapped his fingers looked to me  like all of the Stones were destroyed -- cracked or burnt out -- rather than just the glove itself being warped. I took Thanos's comment that the cost of doing what he set out to do was "Everything" as reinforcing the idea that the Stones themselves are now gone or useless.

In conclusion: Buckyyy. T'Chaaaaaaaaaallaaaaaa!! Wandaaaa! Oh, Peter. ::ulp:: Noooooooo.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 6
29 minutes ago, Crs97 said:

Natella to Die For

Rocket road

all I got so far

Starlord Starcrunch?

• Love 5
(edited)
On 5/2/2018 at 12:35 PM, SimoneS said:

I was re-watching Guardians of the Galaxy last night and had the sudden (and obvious) realization that since Thanos has the Power Stone which was secured by Nova Corp, that he likely killed all the people there like he did on Knowhere. It is very sad. 

Im going to be bummed if they forget about Xander and Nova Corp in Avengers 4. If they reverse what Thanos did, how far back will they go to undo things? Bc let’s be honest, he’s been around since the first Avengers pulling Loki’s strings.

22 hours ago, StarBrand said:

The thing that really got me about the "dusting" is that, after all the noisy battles and hoopla, the characters start to disappear in an eeire quiet-I think we just hear thunder in the background-while others look on in stunned disbelief.

Everything just.....stops...

I have never been so aware of the silence. An end of an action movie, and its silent and sad. It was incredibly moving. I’m glad they let the movie end like that, no extra codas, no uplifting moment. Even the extra scene was moving, wiping out Hill and Fury.

19 hours ago, Perfect Xero said:

I think that the difference between this and the comic crossovers is that each solo film is, mostly, its own complete story, and the release schedule for major films prevents having a bunch of different stories happening all at once.

Obviously there's going to be some sort of reset, but the more streamlined nature of the film universe means that Black Panther and Spider-Man stories aren't getting sidetracked for 6 months and having to do a filler story arc about T'Challa and Peter Parker being dead while we wait on the reset button to happen and get us back to our regularly scheduled Black Panther in Wakanda and Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man stories.

The MCU is much more of one big serialized story than the comics can ever be, with the big crossover serving as an actual climax.

The Netflix series can get away with just setting their next seasons before the events of IW.

Agents of SHIELD is really the only part of the MCU that has to deal with the normal comic book sidetracking/fallout that comes from crossovers.

I think Agents of Shield is going to drop the ball on Infinity Wars. Im going to be profoundly sad (like I was at the end of the movie) if Shield doesnt end the season with a dusting of its own team. They referred to NY in the last episode, and I think they were referring to the beginning of Infinity Wars. I want them to stick the landing and do it!

Edited by SnoGirl
  • Love 6
(edited)
34 minutes ago, bettername2come said:

Falcon Fudge

Rocky Rhodes

Thor S'more or GaS'mora

I Am Groot Fruit (a non-dairy option)

I just came in here to write "I Am Fruit" as a sorbet  :)

Minter Soldier or Spidermint

ETA:  Anything for Peter Quill must include small bits of bacon (chocolate covered?) in it.

Edited by Shannon L.
  • Love 10
(edited)

White Chocolate Chip Wolf?

Hawkeye's Peanut Butter Buckeye Swirl?

I think I AM FROOT (sorbet), above, is brilliant.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 6
(edited)

In 2019: Avengers Forever. It’s perfect . . . the title comes from a miniseries from the Nineties, just like Infinity War. In both cases, the comic and movie would be different. Also, “four” would be implied.

Maybe all the talk on AoS about universes and parallel timelines means that there’s a divergence from the MCU.

ETA: Rocket Raspberry?

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, SnoGirl said:

Im going to be bummed if they forget about Xander and Nova Corp in Avengers 4. If they reverse what Thanos did, how far back will they go to undo things? Bc let’s be honest, he’s been around since the first Avengers pulling Loki’s strings.

I have never been so aware of the silence. An end of an action movie, and its silent and sad. It was incredibly moving. I’m glad they let the movie end like that, no extra codas, no uplifting moment. Even the extra scene was moving, wiping out Hill and Fury.

I think Agents of Shield is going to drop the ball on Infinity Wars. Im going to be profoundly sad (like I was at the end of the movie) if Shield doesnt end the season with a dusting of its own team. They referred to NY in the last episode, and I think they were referring to the beginning of Infinity Wars. I want them to stick the landing and do it!

I think that just as the original Avengers all survived the Thanos rapture so would the main cast of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D season 6. For the TV show it would be no more of a cop out than the movie producers pulled to tell their story 

Edited by Raja
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, SnoGirl said:

"Nick?"
"Hill?!"

I'm planning to see it again, but the full house I saw it with last Thursday didn't make a sound until the end of the eternal credits after Nick and Maria disappeared, which is the last thing you'd expect at a Marvel movie.  Maybe a second viewing will help me process it completely. Maybe.

• Love 4

Spared by Thanos, what a guy!

9 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

The other scene I paid more attention to was Thanos almost killing Tony. His line “I hope they remember you” is just after stabbing him so I took that to be that Tony was meant to die pre-dusting. Then Strange offers the stone in exchange for his life and Thanos agrees. Thanos also promised Tony that half of humanity would be spared. That’s why I think Thanos marked Tony safe from the dusting. That’s also why I think he had the ability to do so. He couldn’t make such promises if the gauntlet truly chose at random. I definitely think there are some individuals and civilizations  who were spared, some dusted on purpose, and the rest random. 

I don't think that the gauntlet really does anything except respond to Thanos's wishes. He wants to kill 50% of the life from each world at random, so that's what it does, but it could theoretically do almost anything*. If he wants to make sure a particular person was killed or spared, he can do that. He could have also intentionally spared the worlds that he'd already culled half of like the Asgardians or Gamora's people.

It's also possible that his subconscious shaped who was spared and killed and that's why almost all of the Guardians were taken out.

*I hope that at some point in the next film someone points out to Thanos that he probably could have used the Gauntlet to provide all of those worlds with enough resources to support their populations instead of using it to kill everyone.

• Love 11

I finally got around to seeing this. I was completed unspoiled to the point where I didn't realize it was going to end in a cliffhanger. How are they going to release new movies/shows between this and it's sequel, as half of everyone disappearing strongly impacts every story. I haven't seen the last AoS episode, but I'm assuming they just ignore this as they have enough going on.

Anyhow, that was a great movie. I love how it did have a few lines for those of us that haven't seen every movie (my husband seen way less than me). Anyhow, it was good how they actually pulled all the characters into the plot. I love that spiderman was just on a school bus and had his made a friend make a distraction so he could go help.  And the stuff with him interacting with Iron Man, dr. strange and the guardian crew. That stuff was a bit more interesting that the stuff with them trying to do surgery to save vision (who to be honest I could care less about). I was shocked that they "killed" lokie in the first five minutes and that he killed Golmora :(. I really hope when they fix this, they can bring her back. Lokie is more likely just going to bring himself back.

I can't believe it's going to be a year before they release the sequel. Most of the theater was shocked by the ending. Any the scene with samual jackson's charcter was funny but the same time I was thinking where was he this whole time.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, blueray said:

Any the scene with samual jackson's charcter was funny but the same time I was thinking where was he this whole time.

Yeah, absolutely.  That was an important point, the fact that he had no idea what was going on until it was too late to do anything about it (since so much of it was happening off-world), which is basically a direct effect of The Accords.  And I think the responsibility for that rests solely on Ross's shoulders.    

• Love 8
1 hour ago, blueray said:

I finally got around to seeing this. I was completed unspoiled to the point where I didn't realize it was going to end in a cliffhanger. How are they going to release new movies/shows between this and it's sequel, as half of everyone disappearing strongly impacts every story. I haven't seen the last AoS episode, but I'm assuming they just ignore this as they have enough going on.

Anyhow, that was a great movie. I love how it did have a few lines for those of us that haven't seen every movie (my husband seen way less than me). Anyhow, it was good how they actually pulled all the characters into the plot. I love that spiderman was just on a school bus and had his made a friend make a distraction so he could go help.  And the stuff with him interacting with Iron Man, dr. strange and the guardian crew. That stuff was a bit more interesting that the stuff with them trying to do surgery to save vision (who to be honest I could care less about). I was shocked that they "killed" lokie in the first five minutes and that he killed Golmora :(. I really hope when they fix this, they can bring her back. Lokie is more likely just going to bring himself back.

I can't believe it's going to be a year before they release the sequel. Most of the theater was shocked by the ending. Any the scene with samual jackson's charcter was funny but the same time I was thinking where was he this whole time.

They name dropped weirdness in New York making the news on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D which leaves Scotland and Wakanda before their series/season finale. The timing is leading towards concurrent but unrelated world catastrophes being won by the Agents in their battle at the same time as Thor's strike didn't stop Thanos. If AoS gets another season then you get the potential conflicts between the MCU as depicted on  Avengers 4 and the  ABC, FreeForm and Netflix TV shows after The End episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, blueray said:

How are they going to release new movies/shows between this and it's sequel, as half of everyone disappearing strongly impacts every story.

The only two before next year's A4 are Ant Man and the Wasp, which, I believe, takes place just before IW, and Captain Marvel, which takes place in the 90s.  I just read that both will more than likely have end credit scenes that involve IW somehow. 

I'm terrible at thinking of clever names, but another Ben and Jerry's non-dairy Avengers flavor could be plum.  For some reason, the internet lost it's mind with the Bucky buying plums scene in Civil War (did the comic book character love plums?)   I never read up on why this was a thing-but I sure heard about it! :)

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

The only two before next year's A4 are Ant Man and the Wasp, which, I believe, takes place just before IW, and Captain Marvel, which takes place in the 90s.  I just read that both will more than likely have end credit scenes that involve IW somehow. 

I'm terrible at thinking of clever names, but another Ben and Jerry's non-dairy Avengers flavor could be plum.  For some reason, the internet lost it's mind with the Bucky buying plums scene in Civil War (did the comic book character love plums?)   I never read up on why this was a thing-but I sure heard about it! :)

Maybe not ice cream but how about Blueberry Bucky?

• Love 4
(edited)

Just watched it for a second time. Still got teary at Peter P and Gamora. Watching the others react to the dustings really does make it worse.

Weirdly felt sadder about Loki this time round because I know he was doing a brave stupid stupid thing trying to take out Thanos. Does not make up for the other horrible crap he pulled but I appreciated the effort to do the right thing.

Also noticed on second viewing that Thor had different coloured eyes after Rocket gave him the replacement. 

Edited by quazimodo
  • Love 9
16 hours ago, starri said:

Did Thanos kill you?

Apparently, yes, in my case.

13 hours ago, Lugal said:

I went best two of three and the answer was also yes.

13 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

*sigh*  Dusted.

13 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

Thanos killed my ass. Stupid Grimace. 

13 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

Thanos killed me ten times before I gave in and accepted my fate. I guess I don’t have Strange’s patience to look at fourteen billion futures!

10 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I’ve been dusted by Thanos. Enjoy Infinity War 2 for me everyone! Stupid purple people eater. 

2 hours ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

Dammit!  I'm dust.  

I think I speak for all of us when I say: Now there damn well better be a reset in Avengers 4!

• Love 15
11 minutes ago, Lugal said:

I think I speak for all of us when I say: Now there damn well better be a reset in Avengers 4!

Oh I don't know...it's much easier to find a parking space & don't have to fight for a seat at the theater when I go see IW again. ;-)

(Just kidding...I miss ya'll already. Everyone needs to be "undusted".)

• Love 11

I'm hoping that one of the effects of the dusting is to mend the rift between Steve and Tony. Because this really does vindicate Tony's 'something is coming, we have to plan, think about the end-game' mentality that drove them apart in the first place. This is Tony's worst nightmare come to literal life. It's what's been running through his head since Wanda messed with him back in Ultron and it's what Steve has been dismissing. I hope they can see much more eye-to-eye with each other now.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

What a cute rabbit ;)

Hubby didn't like the movie and he is the hardcore Marvel/DC fan.  I think his main complaint was the dustings which every knows is going to be reset. 

I was completely spoiled, so while I enjoyed the movie I surprisingly didn't cry at all.  I thought for sure I would cry at Spidey's dusting, but nada...

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

It's what's been running through his head since Wanda messed with him back in Ultron and it's what Steve has been dismissing. I hope they can see much more eye-to-eye with each other now.

Since New York, actually.

• Love 4
(edited)
53 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

I'm hoping that one of the effects of the dusting is to mend the rift between Steve and Tony. Because this really does vindicate Tony's 'something is coming, we have to plan, think about the end-game' mentality that drove them apart in the first place. This is Tony's worst nightmare come to literal life. It's what's been running through his head since Wanda messed with him back in Ultron and it's what Steve has been dismissing. I hope they can see much more eye-to-eye with each other now.

Steve wasn't dismissing anything. They all knew there were aliens. The "elevator's not worthy" scene at the end of Ultron has Tony, Steve, and Thor talking and Thor stating that the mind was the 4th infinity stone to show up recently and he felt someone was manipulating things. Steve asks if Thor can find out what's coming and Thor says yes. So they were all aware that something was coming. Not just Tony.

Edited by scriggle
because spelling counts, added vid
  • Love 8

Well I think that makes it worse then. Tony has at least been trying to plan and prepare. Maybe not the best way but at least he's trying. What's Steve been doing?

• Love 1
(edited)

Tony's way of 'preparing,' was to act unilaterally, without anyone else's input, other than Bruce (whose help he explicitly needed) which nearly led to an apocalypse that he essentially suffered no consequences for.

Which was ironic, because that was the exact same thing Tony himself got self righteous with Nick over in The Avengers.

Edited by Dee
  • Love 16
15 minutes ago, Dee said:

Which was ironic, because that was the exact same thing Tony himself got self righteous with Nick over in The Avengers.

That very irony is at the core of Tony's character, I would say. He can be both intensely self-aware and utterly blind at the same time.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, MsNewsradio said:

Out of our group of four, two of us were dusted by Thanos and two were spared. He wasn't kidding about that whole 50% thing!

I was spared!

The thing about Tony is, while his intentions are good, and he clearly was right to prepare for an alien threat (and I dont think anyone thought that in and of itself was bad), he gets tunnel vision and obsessing about preparing for anything, damn the consequences, and refuses to budge even when its clear its not a great plan. Ultron was just the most obvious screw up, but there was also the Accords (which I've gone into at length about what a bad idea they are) and Toomes in Homecoming, who became a criminal when Tony took all the business away from private contractors. None of these were out of malice, they were out of an obsession with preparation and feeling guilty (going all the way back to the first movie, and his realization that his weapons are causing pain around the world) about bad things that happen. Tony tends to think that because he has tons of money and brains, he has a responsibility to help people. Which isnt a bad thing, its just that he wont take input from others, or really examine the consequences of what he does. 

Ideally, Tony could have worked more with other people, gotten more perspectives, and could have avoided some of these messes, and prepared more for this. Of course, it would be hard to have been ready for Thanos no matter what they did, but it really is too bad that he never managed to prepare the way he wanted to.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, scriggle said:

Steve wasn't dismissing anything. They all knew there were aliens. The "elevator's not worthy" scene at the end of Ultron has Tony, Steve, and Thor talking and Thor stating that the mind was the 4th infinity stone to show up recently and he felt someone was manipulating things. Steve asks if Thor can find out what's coming and Thor says yes. So they were all aware that something was coming. Not just Tony.

Thor also said that Tony was right about needing to create something to help fight Ultron, that all of the Avengers together wouldn't be able to defeat him, while Steve was all, "No, stop, you don't know what you're doing!" and deliberately bringing the Maximoff twins into the mix. That Stark shouldn't just sit on his hands and do nothing because of how badly things turned out the first time around.

3 hours ago, Dee said:

Tony's way of 'preparing,' was to act unilaterally, without anyone else's input, other than Bruce (whose help he explicitly needed) which nearly led to an apocalypse that he essentially suffered no consequences for.

Since Steve's solution was to declare himself above the law, pretty much, , that just because he's smarter or stronger or more moral than everyone else he should be allowed to do whatever he wants, his attitude wasn't really that much different than Tony''s. Outside of being a good person, what qualifies Rogers to make decisions that could get other people hurt? They're not supposed to trade lives, remember?

• Love 3

Steve didn't act outside of the law until Civil War, and even during Civil War, Steve tries meeting Tony halfway until Tony makes it clear he has no problem steamrolling everyone else to meet his own needs.

Prior to that debacle, Steve was all about the Avengers working as a team. A fact which Tony himself references at the end of Ultron.

• Love 16
On 5/3/2018 at 6:22 PM, Crs97 said:

Natella to Die For

Rocket road

all I got so far

I think any Pepper ice cream has to incorporate strawberries because she's allergic to them and it's in keeping with Tony's obliviousness.

On 5/3/2018 at 6:52 PM, Enigma X said:

Starlord Starcrunch?

I love this and feel like it's a cereal milk ice cream, which is so Peter Quill. A cereal milk ice cream studded with cereal marshmallows, which are addictive, but so dumb.

On 5/3/2018 at 7:39 PM, bettername2come said:

Falcon Fudge

Rocky Rhodes

Thor S'more or GaS'mora

I Am Groot Fruit (a non-dairy option)

A toasted marshmallow ice cream with graham pieces and chocolate. S'mores seem more like Thor than Gamora.

On 5/3/2018 at 7:56 PM, Shannon L. said:

I just came in here to write "I Am Fruit" as a sorbet  :)

Minter Soldier or Spidermint

ETA:  Anything for Peter Quill must include small bits of bacon (chocolate covered?) in it.

I make a spiced sweet potato cupcake with a maple buttercream and a pecan bourbon bacon brittle. I feel like those flavors are too sophisticated for Peter Quill. However, a chocolate stout ice cream with candied bacon seems like it could be a Starlord thing.

23 hours ago, Sandman said:

White Chocolate Chip Wolf?

Hawkeye's Peanut Butter Buckeye Swirl?

I think I AM FROOT (sorbet), above, is brilliant.

Or a White Russian Wolf? Playing on his winter soldier past.

I Am Froot is a perfect name. Marvel and Ben & Jerry's needs to get on it.

23 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

ETA: Rocket Raspberry?

I love all of the ice cream ideas.

I've tried on 2 different tablets, my phone, and my work computer and Thanos killed me every time.

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I've tried on 2 different tablets, my phone, and my work computer and Thanos killed me every time.

Haha!  Me too!  Every. Single. Time. Meanwhile, my son is sitting next to me, uses his phone and he was spared.  I feel like a marked woman.  I take solace in the idea that I'm going wherever T'Challa has gone.

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, MisterGlass said:

I believe Steve's official ice cream must be the Capsicle.  Hulk Hulka Burning Fudge could have a green tea base for a caffeinated kick.

I NEED Hulka Hulka Burning Love and I don't like Ben and Jerry's

• Love 1
(edited)

"Capsicle"? Ben & Jerry's don't (doesn't?) do popsicles. How about vanilla ice cream with tiny super soldiers embedded inside?

Edited by Lantern7