Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Number Three

AmandaPanda
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I hope that getting arrested and the ensuing negative publicity (TMZ is going to be all over it) will be enough of a rock bottom for him. I really, really don't want to see Kevin Princing or Chris Cornelling himself.

Either Chris Cornell really hanged himself or he was murdered.  He was not a drug overdose.  The murder of CC is a topic for another place and time, I know, but I just wanted to get that in there.  Yeah, Prince did himself in with drugs.  RIP to both. <3

Like you guys, I was terrified the last few minutes and watching through my hands. So glad that he got a DUI before he got into a car accident. This show continues to surprise me- I thought it would end on Kevin wrecking the car, but Tess popping up literally made me scream.

I'm glad that Randall and Beth knew that Deja belonged with her mom and didn't s subject her to a nasty custody fight. I was okay emotionally with the goodbye until the kids got sad, and then Sterling's crocodile tears tipped it over. That new foster boy isn't absolutely adorable.

I hope the DUI wakes the family up to Kevin's substance abuse and depression, instead of further isolating himself and getting worse. 

Randall and Jack's scene at the monument, along with Randall and William's scene, were both extremely well done. 

Edited by twoods
  • Love 1

So, Rebecca isn't the ogre who kept William away from Randall after all.  She did give him a chance to see Randall, albeit as a visitor, and William walked away again.  I think in the interests of her being a young mother, starting a family with three children all at once, Rebecca did make the right choices about William.  She graciously let him in again after nine years too.  That took guts.

I was disappointed that Kevin got arrested, not that I wanted anything more serious to happen!  I hope this is his rock bottom and that he will get the help he needs and support from the family.  I'm sure that Tess will fess up as to her sneaking out of the house and into Kevin's car so the family won't think he kidnapped her!

• Love 2

The little boy who was longing to be adopted seems destined to be Randall & Beth’s “Number 2”.  But this show loves a good head-fake.  So who knows.  Add it to the list of pointless spec I’ll be doing during the off-month.

• Love 1

When Jack was talking about "blindspots" and they panned to Kevin driving/Tess missing, I was terrified for a moment that he'd missed her in his blindspot and backed over her in a drunken haze. I was actually relieved to see her pop up in that backseat!

Interesting pan to the "Game Over" while Jack is observing his family.  Makes me think his life has come down to days, hours, or even minutes in the 1996/97 timeline. 

• Love 13
21 hours ago, CelticBlackCat said:

So, Rebecca isn't the ogre who kept William away from Randall after all.  She did give him a chance to see Randall, albeit as a visitor, and William walked away again.  I think in the interests of her being a young mother, starting a family with three children all at once, Rebecca did make the right choices about William.  She graciously let him in again after nine years too.  That took guts.

I was disappointed that Kevin got arrested, not that I wanted anything more serious to happen!  I hope this is his rock bottom and that he will get the help he needs and support from the family.  I'm sure that Tess will fess up as to her sneaking out of the house and into Kevin's car so the family won't think he kidnapped her!

I thought that was a fantasy scene where William imagined that Randall’s mom ever offered him a chance to see Randall as a visitor. William saw his chance to follow up her and learn where they lived with his precious $20 and a cab.  When he got there, he realized there was so much that he didn’t know about his son that he just walked away because he didn’t want to hurt or harm Randall for his selfish need to meet his son. This paralleled Randall‘s insight that Deja did not belong to him and his selfish needs to “save” her perhaps did not meet her needs.  Deja wanted to stay but the only mother she never knew needed her.  But I did not believe Deja’s mom wanted to share any part of her child  and will selfishly keep Deja away from learning more about another type of life and about math and science from Randall for her own selfish needs.  I fear she has no idea how to evaluate or except the changes and benefits that Deja has experienced. If she did except that she would have a great fear that Deja would be lost to her. This is somewhat perhaps parallel to Jack saying Randall enter an almost totally Black world where he could just disappear into. But Jack being Jack, he put himself in Randall’s place and somehow found a way to understand some of the feelings that Randall must’ve been having and gave Randall enough space.  The actors are really Terrific, including Deja.

Edited by Kira53
Clarity due to misspelling/voice to text on iPad.
  • Love 15

I hate Randall now and I’m starting to not like this show. 

Stupid episode. Did we really need 3 solo episodes? Too dragged out and a waste of time.

Enough with saint William too like jeez lol.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, balmz said:

good episode overall

i was half expecting that kevin would be so startled by tess appearing that he'd crash the car and that would be the finale

wonder what tess meant by she hates the house right now

i forget, where does randall live that newark is too far away? i mean he drove there to see the mother

the next foster kid they might get is interesting but it'd be more interesting if say the kid was a poc other then black

randall was getting on my nerves about deja a bit, at times it seems like he was treating her more like some pet that needs saving, not a person

3 hours ago, wilnil said:

Yeah, thankfully they didn't go with Tess startling Kevin into crashing. I hope they have Tess admit to her parents right away that she'd stowed away in the car and that Kevin didn't knowingly drive drunk with his niece in the car, so we don't prolong the drama of "how dare he risk our little girl's life?" and get to move on to "Kevin has a problem" before too much more time passes.

He lives, IIRC, in Alpine, NJ. It's only one county to the north of Newark, but both are in the most high-density and high-traffic area of the state. So unless you do the drive in the off hours, it can be a longer, slower slog than a map would indicate.

He can't be in Alpine - when they showed the kid, the sign on the door said Essex County Social Services.

I think he is near Montclair - it's a rich area, close enough to the city for Randall to commute (Train there, too, can go to Newark, then PATH to get to Wall St.) - but it is only, what, 25 minutes from Newark? Maybe Millburn? But still only like 20-25 minutes away. Maybe North Caldwell? The issue with Essex county is that it isn't a big county - you can go from Elizabeth (sure, a tiny bit outside of Essex, but right at the border) to Fairfield in, what, 40 minutes?

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, CelticBlackCat said:

So, Rebecca isn't the ogre who kept William away from Randall after all.  She did give him a chance to see Randall, albeit as a visitor, and William walked away again. 

That's not at all what happened. You should re-watch. William followed Rebecca home and instead of knocking on the door he intuited, correctly, that Randall was in the best possible place he could be.

Randall's behavior to the social worker and his cluelessness at how the system worked saved me from any tears I would've shed. Deja and her mom are a "there but for the grace of God" story if I ever saw one. There's a famous story of a woman who was in the car with her drug dealer boyfriend. He had drugs in the car when it was stopped by police and she, a college student at Hampton U was sentenced to 25 to life in prison. The system is cruel and if you are unlucky enough to get caught in it takes a herculean effort and money to get yourself out. Randall should watch a couple documentaries and pull his head out of his ass before judging. 

Beth continues to be amazing and my favorite part of the show.

Glad for the continuity of Keith showing up. I guess Yvette and Rebecca never became friends lol. I would love to see Keith in the present.

Completely unsurprised at Kevin getting pulled over for a DUI.

Did Linda get botox since the last episode?

• Love 11

I did watch the whole scene. i'm just trying not to type alot. However, he scared her with his excitement and she left. He followed, without her knowledge, and was going to force himself, but changed his mind in the yard. He was never officially invited into the family by her.

• Love 2

I was not worried about Tess.  Didn't need to cover my eyes. That brat had NO business being in Kevin's car without Kevin's knowledge. I don't care why she hates her house but it being her reason for being a stow away in Kevin's car is what will get Kevin off in Randall and Beth's eyes.  It is Randall and Beth who owe Kevin an apology. Their brat should never have hidden in his car.

Game over.  That was significant and was not about Pac man.  No one except Jack, Rebecca and Kevin realize the enormity of the end of a promising football career.  It's big.  When Kate witnessed her mom and dad embracing in the parking lot what she didn't know was that they were beginning the grieving process together before taking it on with Kevin. Kevin, who never got the chance to grieve the end of his football career and move on from it because... didn't we hear him say in "Number One" that he pretty much went straight from being out of the hospital to his Dad's funeral?  From what we see in pictures so far of the funeral I don't see a cast on Kevin but granted we don't see much.  And with Randall saying he only has one year left in high school  (the other two could have another year if Randall skipped a year) there's not much time left for Jack to be alive.  Yes we saw Kevin at home in the cast with everyone but many things point to that being the last time they were all together as a family.  "Game over" didn't mean Pac man, meant football to a point but meant something else much more serious. Just what I took away from it.

• Love 9

I mistook the William inside the house scene for reality and didn't realize it was a fantasy.  I thought William left the house, looked at the bicycles, and then realized he really had no part to play in Randall's life.  I was wondering who Randall thought this black visitor was, but didn't realize it was a fantasy.  Thanks!

• Love 1

One of the things I really liked about tonight's episode was how all three individual stories became interwoven towards the end. All of the Big Three had to deal with lose--for Kevin, his Dad's necklace, for Kate, the baby, for Randall, Deja. I think this does an excellent job of tying in the overarching theme for the show, how motifs occur concurrently within a family despite them happening during different time periods.

I also find it somewhat telling that Kate and Randall's stories end on a rather positive note (gonna try again, fostering another) yet Kevin's ends depressingly and can possibly divide the family.

• Love 15

Awwww, poor Jack got ditched at the campus tour! Don't these kids know how it works? You go on the official campus tour with your parents and THEN you go off with your friends! I loved that as soon as they got to campus, Jack suggested finding the library. He knows Randall so well.

I also loved that when Jack tried to put off going because Kevin had a football game, Randall (very fairly) pointed out that Kevin has a football game EVERY Friday night. I know it's hard to juggle giving all the kids' activities equal attention but you can't reserve every damn Friday night for Kevin for four years. And I say that as someone who grew up with two siblings. All three of us had different activities and we did our best to go to all of each other's stuff, but sometimes not everyone can go.

Hilarious to see all the kids have the same reaction to Randall's endless dad jokes.

I'm so glad that Kevin was pulled over before he could crash the car.

• Love 8

I loved that as soon as they got to campus, Jack suggested finding the library. He knows Randall so well.

The library was also where the tour was starting from. 

Linda has a great deal of patience with Randall. What a low blow it was to ask her if she'd ever made a mistake. Those mistakes must haunt her, but being a Social Worker isn't an exact science. She really seems to be trying.

Kevin looked awful. I think even Tess noticed. What's Randall's story? He may be the least observant person ever.

Love Beth. That woman is a rock.

Did Deja leave all her nail polish?

• Love 6
4 hours ago, voiceover said:

The little boy who was longing to be adopted seems destined to be Randall & Beth’s “Number 2”.  But this show loves a good head-fake.  So who knows.  Add it to the list of pointless spec I’ll be doing during the off-month.

When Beth was in the guest room and they said "Maybe we'll get a boy this time," I thought it might be a hint that Kevin would move in with him as he recovers.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, LadyMarmalade said:

When Beth was in the guest room and they said "Maybe we'll get a boy this time," I thought it might be a hint that Kevin would move in with him as he recovers.

I actually said out loud to the TV "And his name is Kevin."

• Love 24
2 hours ago, Kilcanon said:

One of the things I really liked about tonight's episode was how all three individual stories became interwoven towards the end. All of the Big Three had to deal with lose--for Kevin, his Dad's necklace, for Kate, the baby, for Randall, Deja. I think this does an excellent job of tying in the overarching theme for the show, how motifs occur concurrently within a family despite them happening during different time periods.

I also find it somewhat telling that Kate and Randall's stories end on a rather positive note (gonna try again, fostering another) yet Kevin's ends depressingly and can possibly divide the family.

Along these lines I was thinking that of the three, Randall (despite his intensity/perfectionism) has emerged as the most 'whole' adult and I was able to see why from this episode.  He had a very positive, life-affirming brief road trip with his father shortly before Jack died.  Kevin had some strife with him at that time and Kate apparently has guilt, but Randall doesn't have as much baggage weighing him down in that regard. 

• Love 14

I'm sure it wasn't the first time the social worker dealt with foster parents who thought they knew better.  I can see how first time fosters would have a hard time disconnecting from a child.  As patient and rational as Linda was, I bet she expected Beth and Randall to try to keep Deja and had all the answers ready for them.  I'm so glad cooler heads prevailed and R&B realized that going home was in Deja's best interest.  What kind of lawyer would tell them they had a pretty good case?  What judge would dismiss the opinion of the social worker over a pair of emotional first time fosters?  Not likely.

I'm really surprised Randall and Beth were willing to try again after having their hearts ripped out.  (And those of Tess and Annie too.)  God knows once would be enough for me.  (How do good foster parents balance loving and nurturing a child with being dispassionate enough to let the child go?)

The girl who played Deja (Lyric?) is a fantastic actress.  The casting agent for this show deserves an Emmy for finding all these wonderful, talented kids.

William broke my heart, seeing the bikes and walking away.

Oh, Kevin.  I too was terrified he'd get into an accident.  Thank you, writers, for avoiding that cliche.

4 hours ago, Dreamboat Annie said:

From what we see in pictures so far of the funeral I don't see a cast on Kevin but granted we don't see much.  

He has the cast the night of Jack's death.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Dreamboat Annie said:

No one except Jack, Rebecca and Kevin realize the enormity of the end of a promising football career.  It's big.

At least Kevin wont end up with concussions and brain disease. A career in pro-sports isn't every parent's dream for their children.

Jack's talk with Randall on the way home from Howard was lost on me because all I could do was hold my breath while Jack kept watching the road with his left ear.  When we're driving and talking  we never look at each other, it seems so unnatural and frightening to me.  I would rather have been in Kevin's car.

• Love 15
6 hours ago, elle said:

This was better than I expected, but I still felt disconnected to the story.  For example, I was completely distracted during William's flashback within a flashback.  He had just enough, a $20, to have a cab follow Rebecca home.  So, are we just to figure out that he walked back home after that?  Then, he looks over at the bikes with the personalized name plates.  I thought you have got to be kidding me, those nicknames are okay I guess in the context of the family but on the back of the kids' bikes?

He said he was clean and had a good job, and only had $20 on him.  I just figured he probably had a bus pass since that's how we'd seen him travel in the past.  Probably took a bus home.  Or went to an ATM.

• Love 4

Good episode but some things pulled me out of the show.

1. Where exactly was Kevin going? Why did Tess hide in the car and wait until that moment to pop up? Those are rhetorical questions. To me, that was poorly executed to get Kevin to the DUI. 

2. We hear Tess say she hates it at her house and we have no idea why but the show teases another foster storyline? Don’t do it show! What about Beth’s large but nonexistant family? or Annie and Tess who have also been through a really emotional year.

3. Man, I wish someone told me when I was in school that all I needed to do was work hard and I’d have a big house, fancy car.

Wait... I did and I don’t. Damn. 

Honestly, I did like the episode. :)

Edited by kissedbyarose
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, CelticBlackCat said:

What? No she didn't...she snuck out of his apartment when he had his back turned and he had to follow her in a cab to figure out where she lived. Rebecca didn't owe William anything, but she certainly didn't do anything that was gracious towards him.

• Love 6

Kevin being well off (he said at one point he made millions off the Manny) and at least a B-List actor I'm expecting the next story line is him being sent to rehab not jail.  It would pretty much be what would happen in real life, it's what Kevin needs and it would propel the story-line to have him confront everything; loss of his father, how addiction runs in the family etc.

In a real life scenario Randall and Rebecca would be lucky to not have CPS in their business for an extended time; even if Tess admits she snuck into the car.   Wondering if this is going to affect their foster parent status?  It would make sense and would certainly knock Randall off his high horse if after the speech he gave to the social worker he was accused of not knowing where his own child was.  But that short scene with the little boy seems to point towards another kid coming into their lives.  And it seems from the way it's phrased, "we're looking for a place for you" that he could need a permanent home.  

I don't know if this was the best episode of the three; I still think Kevin's episode was pretty powerful.  But I really liked this one too and I think besides the (once again) great performances by Randall, Rebecca and the kids (and both young and old William) the episode also benefits a bit from being the one that ties the three episodes together.

• Love 5

so Jack gets a page and says "its your sister, we need to get home", wonder if this has anything to do with her feeling his death is her fault--and did Randall end up going to harvard or howard??

so Jack gets a page and says "its your sister, we need to get home", wonder if this has anything to do with her feeling his death is her fault

I think he said he needed to find a phone. Pages don't tend to contain a lot of information so you need to call. Jack survived the trip home because we have seen him at the hospital. Kate paged him from the football game after Kevin was injured.

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, kissedbyarose said:

Man, I wish someone told me when I was in school that all I needed to do was work hard and I’d have a big house, fancy car.

It's hilarious when you think of all the college graduates, today, still living at home with their parents.  The only one of my family and friends with a really huge house and fancy car is the one who dropped out after his freshman year and went straight to work for IBM.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Drumpf1737 said:

Did Linda get botox since the last episode?

I wondered the same. She had her hair clipped away revealing an unlined forehead. Her whole face looked tight.

28 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

did Randall end up going to harvard or howard??

I'm pretty sure he went to Harvard...and if so, my speculation is he did it to honor Jack's wishes after he died.

Edited by Jillybean
  • Love 4

Just some random thoughts.....

I didn't want to spoil it,  but I saw on the show's website that the actor who played Deja was listed for 4 episodes. So I knew she was going.

Enough with the William stuff. I swear the writers dream up these plots one week at a time.

Irritating!!!  (From last week) Kate sings a few songs, so now she's applying to Berklee. Of course Randall is considering Harvard (somewhat believable). Next, when Kevin's football career is over and he discovers acting, he'll probably be applying to NYU. Good God, show ......there are other schools besides the top in every major. I was waiting for Deja to draw a picture and want to go to RISD. Or take her science project to show Stanford.  Geez.

I'm  waiting for Ken Olin's wife to appear as some kind of vixen. Ugh. It's just a matter of time.

The previews instructed us to cry, so of course I didn't.

The Cat Stevens song at the end made me miss the acting of Bud Cort and Ruth Gordon. That's when I was thinking about crying.

Edited by drafan
  • Love 6

The make-up department is hit/miss on the show.  While they can't make Mandy Moore look convincingly old and then her age or younger again, they certainly did a good job making Deja's mom look like sh!t while she was in jail and nice-looking when she was out.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, voiceover said:

I think he'll end up with Kate & Toby.

• Love 17
11 hours ago, MyAimIsTrue said:

This was all the proof I need that I could watch Randall, Beth, Old, and Young William in an episode and not miss any of the other characters.  See also "Memphis."

I could easily watch a show of Randall at Howard called "Young Randall".  Those clips of him at the college were awesome, interesting, and so relatable.  (Did Randall end up going to Harvard, though?)

10 hours ago, Runningwild said:

Poor Kevin. 

LOL, naaaaaaaaaaaaah.  He could have killed someone with his selfishness, and antics.  Even if Randall's kid didn't climb into the car, there's all the other people on the road he was risking, too.  He's an absolute moron.  Proven time and again.

Anyway I loved the episode and Sterling made me cry BUCKETS!  Every incarnation of Randall is an absolute treat and he rules the show.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 14
10 hours ago, Amethyst said:

Also, Beth is absolutely gorgeous.  It's not really relevant to this week, but it still applies.  And her and Randall's relationship really is what people strive for.

God, she was so luminous at the (high school?) or wherever the heck they were in that scene where Randall was going on about Pacman.

B: Baby?
R: Yeah
B: What are you talking about
R: I don't know.

They have magnificent comic timing together.

10 hours ago, Chewy101 said:

It's funny how Milo never had to do squat playing on Gilmore Girls, and in this he is showing so much heart and depth. 

He was my 1st or 2nd favourite character on the show.  If he did 'squat' he did a compelling enough job regardless.  He definitely has his fans from GG alone.  I personally thought he was very intriguing and charismatic.

Regarding Debra Jo Rupp --- I watched her extensively on "Friends" and "That 70's Show".  She definitely got work done before This is Us.  She just looks very different here.  I don't mean an aging thing either.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, laffytaffy997 said:

I think this was the first time that I can remember actually cheering when someone got a DUI. 

I was grinning from ear to ear and couldn't control it

My brother kept telling me this was the 'finale' and only now do I see that it's just the mid-season finale.  Thank goodness!  Kevin's episode was a major low-point for me but the show always seems to bring me back.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay

In another thread I questioned how Tess got into Kevin's car without him knowing.  Yes, he's impaired, but they were just in the same room when he told the kids to tell Randall he had to leave.  How did he not know that she was leaving the house, how did he not hear the back car door slam?  I suppose he could have gone to the bathroom first, but it was kind of hard to buy.  Also, Annie not telling. 

• Love 6

I was actually worried that the cops would see Kevin with a black child in the back seat and arrest him not for a DUI, but for kidnapping.  But then I remembered that Kevin's a celebrity and it's probably known to the general public that he has a black sibling.  And Tess' body language probably wasn't negative in a way a kidnapped child would (though she was probably STILL freaked out.  And told the cop that the driver is her uncle).

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ShadowFacts said:

He said he was clean and had a good job, and only had $20 on him.  I just figured he probably had a bus pass since that's how we'd seen him travel in the past.  Probably took a bus home.  Or went to an ATM.

Thank you for that suggestion!  That was bugging me.  That and how convenient it was that he had just enough to follow Rebecca, with a little for a token tip for the driver.

2 hours ago, kissedbyarose said:

Good episode but some things pulled me out of the show.

(snip)

Annie and Tess who have also been through a really emotional year.

Where was Annie at the end of the episode?  Was it too much for a quick scene of a parent asking one child where the other one was?  It was as if she disappeared too.

1 hour ago, drafan said:

The Cat Stevens song at the end made me miss the acting of Bud Cort and Ruth Gordon. That's when I was thinking about crying.

Hmmm, I thought I got a smidge emotional because it was a Cat Stevens song, but maybe there was a latent memory triggered.  Love that movie!

Edited by elle
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, CelticBlackCat said:
  10 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I hope that getting arrested and the ensuing negative publicity (TMZ is going to be all over it) will be enough of a rock bottom for him. I really, really don't want to see Kevin Princing or Chris Cornelling himself.

9 hours ago, CelticBlackCat said:

Either Chris Cornell really hanged himself or he was murdered.  He was not a drug overdose.  The murder of CC is a topic for another place and time, I know, but I just wanted to get that in there.  Yeah, Prince did himself in with drugs.  RIP to both. <3

I think what Chocolatine said--albeit rather insensitive--was in response to someone upthread stating that Kevin may end up having an overdose OR making a suicide attempt. 

Edited by Missbones
51 minutes ago, ShadowFacts said:

In another thread I questioned how Tess got into Kevin's car without him knowing.  Yes, he's impaired, but they were just in the same room when he told the kids to tell Randall he had to leave.  How did he not know that she was leaving the house, how did he not hear the back car door slam?  I suppose he could have gone to the bathroom first, but it was kind of hard to buy.  Also, Annie not telling. 

Didn't Kevin say, before he left, that he needed to look for something? I seem to recall him having to go to the basement - but that could just be my imagination.

• Love 3

I kept wondering why Randall didn't ask Deja how she was feeling, when they were in the car and she asked about what Linda had decided. I guess hew as too wrapped up in his own feelings, and they wanted to save it for the good-bye scene.

Kevin driving impaired is not just about Tess. He could have killed someone else's child, whether Tess is there or not. Or really anyone else on the road. Very dangerous. And it's not like he couldn't afford to hire a car, so it's even worse that he didn't bother. Not that lack of funds would be an excuse, but the abundance of funds is just a sign that he really wanted to be reckless and was acting out even more. I actually thought he might be planning to crash it, in order to kill himself, before Tess popped up.

There is always a shortage of foster homes available, so I suspect that Beth and Randall might get another placement sooner than they plan. If they hear about a kid in need, it will be hard to say no. I realize it's not the same thing, but I foster cats, and mostly elderly ones, so I see a lot of death -- and every time, I feel like I can't go through it again, but then when someone has an emergency situation, I never can say no, either. And I don't regret it, even if it hurts like hell for a while each time after they're gone. So I suspect Randall and Beth will feel the same way but even moreso with a child in need. Hell, I wanted to take that adorable kid and I'm not even remotely in a situation of wanting to parent a human. I do think it's a fun idea though to think Toby and Kate could take him, but it would never happen because they are too unstable and right now I don't see them having the attention span to go through screening. But later on? I'm all for them adopting if they ever do turn into adults.

Edited by possibilities
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, NeverLate said:

The young man that played Randall was excellent. 

I love all the "incarnations" of Randall -- infant, baby, Walking #3; huge-eyed, philosophical Little Man Randall; skinny, serious college applicant Randall, Adult Randall -- they're all terrific, and they all can pretty much just wreck me -- especially Sterling K. Brown. I sometimes wish Sterling K. Brown could have more scenes with Milo Ventimiglia, but I really like the relationship between Jack and the 16-year-old Randall (Niles Fitch, I think?).

3 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

B: Baby?
R: Yeah
B: What are you talking about
R: I don't know.

They have magnificent comic timing together.

Yeah -- I also loved their

B: Damn, that is bleak.

R: Yeah. Or is it beautiful?

B: Nope -- it's bleak.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 16

And it's not like he couldn't afford to hire a car, so it's even worse that he didn't bother.

What's even more bizarre is that Kevin  would have had to go out and rent a car. What idiot rented drunk, strung-out Kevin a car in the middle of the night? One would think that car rental places might frown on their employees doing that. The Kevin driving up to Randall's was already a mess.

I feel sorry for Tess. She lost her grandpa earlier in the year and now she's lost her foster sister. If it is upsetting for Randall and Beth, why don't they realize it is upsetting for their daughters as well? 

• Love 11

I just hope, Kevin tells Randall, that he came to his house that day, seeking help.To tell his addiction was out of control.

I keep seeing nurses and doctors, now Randall , see what condition Kevin is in, and just to seem to slough it off. Very annoying! 

• Love 4