Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

The video posted by falltime has convinced me that this is only a contract negotiation tactic.  What convinced me was the quote that Meghan's husband is "gallant". Yep.  I think Meghan's husband is behind the whole thing.  Bitch's not going anywhere.

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, maggiemae said:

All I am happy about is MM is seeing all over the internet she is not liked.

This is on her. 

My sentiments exactly. She did all of this to herself. I do think she’s miserable on set and I want her gone so the show can become watchable again, but honestly as someone upthread stated, she’d be an absolute fool to leave. Frankly, I don’t think she’ll see this kind of media attention ever again once she’s gone, which actually might be a good thing for her so she can grow up and humble herself. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
4 hours ago, falltime said:

I was laughing in agreement with Cenk when he said these “leaks” have Mr. and Mrs. Meghan McCain’s fingerprints all over it. I think he’s right. The thing about her and Mr. McCain being attracted to each other because they’re both “Alphas” and how Meghan spends her weekends doing Jell-O shots and shooting guns unlike her elitist co-workers was the icing on the cake.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • LOL 5
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, TheView said:

I wonder if Abby will improve following Meg's exit 

Poor Abby...she's almost a good example of the Peter Principle, except a sort of nepotism brought her in at an already achieved level of incompetence.

• Love 8
(edited)

I opened Yahoo this morning and the lead story was about Meg leaving.  If she and Ben are behind this it may backfire on them as social media applauds her impending departure.

I will say that it feeds her need to play the victim.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 19

I saw an article on CNN Business (???) this morning and they said that Meggie thinks that ABC should be doing more to defend her. Beyond firing everyone else and making this the Meggie Hour (no guests because no one is allowed to talk but Meggie) what more can ABC do? 

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

I saw an article on CNN Business (???) this morning and they said that Meggie thinks that ABC should be doing more to defend her. Beyond firing everyone else and making this the Meggie Hour (no guests because no one is allowed to talk but Meggie) what more can ABC do? 

What exactly is ABC supposed to defend?  We all see how Meghan acts. It's not like the media is making up stories about her.  They are simply reporting on Meghan's own actions. 

• Love 14
(edited)

Didn't Meghan post on social media last month that she was taking a trip to Arizona for the first time in a year?  So where does she do all this shooting and all these jello shots on the weekends while the other hosts are in the Hamptons?  Yeah, right.  

I remember her posting a couple of months ago that she was in Texas and Las Vegas.  I guess she could have done shooting and jello shots there, but what about all the other weekends?  Seems like she was in NYC at benefits, visiting friends, seeing shows, etc. more than she was in the great outdoors whooping it up.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

The way they’re laughing at Meghan and making fun of her is hilarious 🤣

Yes. She brings up her father, who is  "the sole source of her trustfund-baby existence. " 

Hilarious!

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

Wow, so according to that Young Turks video, the makeup artist Meghan tried to get fired was Karen, as in the Karen that went to the hospital with Whoopi when she was very ill with pneumonia? I remember them bringing her out on stage when Whoopi came back to the show. It's possible that there's more than one makeup artist named Karen on the show, I guess, but probably not likely. 

• Love 16
(edited)
3 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

I am pretty certain that meghan had complained at some point about not getting to talk. I bet it was her defense of why she interrupts constantly. 

We all saw the episode where she said something about how they agreed she would go last. That might have been the solution to make sure she gets a turn to talk. (A problem that only exists in her mind). All the times whoopi says, "go ahead, baby!" to her, allowing her to get the last word.

The test, though, was her recent screw up misidentifying a woman on a tape. All of the hosts have made errors in the past, but they take responsibility, make a self-deprecating  humorous comment and move on. That's the adult thing to do, and Meghan  failed big time. She might see it as ABC not supporting her, but it's the opposite. She needs to support the show by owning her mistake, not going on a tirade against a producer. 

And, I WILL SAY, that swearing at a producer in front of a studio audience should be a fireable offense.

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Love 13

Watching the majority report clip.

ROFL at Meghan having a team that looks up her cohosts twitter accounts and sees what they like.

I loved Sam Seder's advice to Sunny Hostin, to apologize passive aggressively to Meghan.  "I'm sorry Meghan, I accidentally liked that jewish cartoonist that made fun of you.  But I don't know how to unlike him.  The wifi is down I think."

The TYT, Cenk is right on the money.  It is so Meghan's husband.   Who else would describe the couple as passionate and alphas?  WTF.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

Didn't Meghan post on social media last month that she was taking a trip to Arizona for the first time in a year?  So where does she do all this shooting and all these jello shots on the weekends while the other hosts are in the Hamptons?  Yeah, right.  

I remember her posting a couple of months ago that she was in Texas and Las Vegas.  I guess she could have done shooting and jello shots there, but what about all the other weekends?  Seems like she was in NYC at benefits, visiting friends, seeing shows, etc. more than she was in the great outdoors whooping it up.

Right. She recently spent a weekend in AZ, and has to take shots at cohosts who went to the Hamptons that same weekend.  Like shooting guns in AZ makes her a better person. 

The clumsiness of the statement reminds me of something she said recently on air , like, "oh please, I vacation in Arizona and my favorite restaurant  is PF Changs!"  Like shes trying to make the point that she is NOT elite. (She is.)

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Right. She recently spent a weekend in AZ, and has to take shots at cohosts who went to the Hamptons that same weekend.  Like shooting guns in AZ makes her a better person. 

The clumsiness of the statement reminds me of something she said recently on air , like, "oh please, I vacation in Arizona and my favorite restaurant  is PF Changs!"  Like shes trying to make the point that she is NOT elite. (She is.)

I'm sure Arizonans are thrilled that Meghan portrays them as backwater hicks just so she can prop up her Republican credentials.

• Love 11
32 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

I'm sure Arizonans are thrilled that Meghan portrays them as backwater hicks just so she can prop up her Republican credentials.

Yes! I have a family member in Scottsdale,  and he says he doesn't do jello shot, shoot guns, and isn't sure of the location of the nearest creek.  Arizona has some very expensive resorts, spas, and golf courses, contrary to the way Meghan portrays it.

• Love 10

I personally see this as her trying to take control of the narrative in case / because she's fired. The View always allows the co-hosts to make themselves look good on the way out the door. And she didn't get signed until the very last day last season because The View was looking at a way to replace her with Hasselbeck. No doubt she hasn't been re-signed yet this year either and she's covering her bases. It's never her fault!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

That was a tweet she deleted. Recently on air she said she was a redneck when she copied Bethenny Frankel said that if you are going to take a shot make sure to not fail.

On 6/24/2019 at 4:31 PM, falltime said:

she deleted this real fast earlier.

2019-06-24mmtwitterdelete.png

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
29 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I personally see this as her trying to take control of the narrative in case / because she's fired.

"McCain also addresses in the book the incident in which she became the first child of a presidential candidate to be dismissed from a campaign.  'I feel like I should clarify. I wasn't fired,' she said. 'I was asked to leave and not come back, or go on my own bus tour. So I elected to go on my own bus tour in Ohio.' "

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

I always beat this dead horse:  she said she vacations in "Cornville," which is where the McCain "ranch" is.  Princes Elite of Elitism usually refers to the ranch's location as "Sedona," definitely a favorite of the elites.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Yes. She brings up her father, who is  "the sole source of her trustfund-baby existence. "

Her mother is the wealthy one--not her late father...and is "the sole source" of the family's trust funds (assuming there are some).  John would not have been able to run for office the first time if not for Cindy's family (Hensley) money.

• Love 11
58 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Yes! I have a family member in Scottsdale,  and he says he doesn't do jello shot, shoot guns, and isn't sure of the location of the nearest creek.  Arizona has some very expensive resorts, spas, and golf courses, contrary to the way Meghan portrays it.

To further confound Meghan, I want to declare that I grew up in one of the bluest states in the nation and I love jello shots, my father owns guns, and I spent many an hour playing in the creek (which we pronounced "crick") as a child. It's as if people can't be neatly categorized according to the voting trends of the state they were born in. 

• Love 19
20 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Someone on twitter suggested Meghan and Ivanka could do a podcast together, called , "My Father."  

And Abby could be a sidekick.

20 hours ago, Marigny said:

She's too thin-skinned to actually run for office. 

She's not quick-witted enough to handle interviews or debates...and there are NOT enough blue cards!

• Love 6
(edited)
12 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Her mother is the wealthy one--not her late father...and is "the sole source" of the family's trust funds (assuming there are some).  John would not have been able to run for office the first time if not for Cindy's family (Hensley) money.

Also, the reason that Megan and her siblings by her mom were raised in Arizona and not DC was because the DC crowd were loyal to the first Mrs. McCain who had had connections with the establishment and was beloved by them.  So, they all looked at the much younger Cindy as a homewrecker.. She realized this and opted to live in Arizona instead. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Useful 12
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, seltzer3 said:

ROFL at Meghan having a team that looks up her cohosts twitter accounts and sees what they like. 

Sunny has built up a huge amount of goodwill with me, just on the revelation that she followed Eli Valley after he drew "omg the most antisemitic thing EVA!".

On Arizona, I guess she's not really relevant anymore, but I would love there to be a reason for Sandra Bernhard to be interviewed on The View. She also grew up in Arizona and has less than complimentary things to say, and generally holds no prisoners. No offence to people from Arizona - I drove through part of the state a few years back and the scenery was pretty amazing - I just want to see Meghan's head explode, hehe.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12

The whole "being caged" quote is really backfiring for NutMeg online, so I have to assume she really said that because otherwise she would be tweeting out her outrage at this fake news!  I think this was entirely set in motion by Nutmeg's PR people, but they didn't control what their planted sources would say, hence the unfortunate "caged animal" comment.  

And things are going to be pretty tense next week because Sunny knows how to carry a grudge.  NutMeg and her people have targeted Sunny, and they are going after her professionally and personally.  She won't take that lying down.  Should get interesting.

https://pagesix.com/2019/07/04/meghan-mccain-would-return-to-the-view-if-things-change/

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12

I think everytime you read in the news "a very close person to someone said something," it is actually the "someone" wanting to get some information out. 

The so called team is probably Meghan and her husband. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
7 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

And she didn't get signed until the very last day last season because The View was looking at a way to replace her with Hasselbeck. 

I hadn't heard this.  Was there an article about this?  I'd love to read it.

• Love 5

She'll return "if things change"??? As in, if they get rid of Sunny? Wow.

Well, she's playing her hand, but I think she's overestimating her importance. At least, I sure as hell hope so. If ABC gives in to her, they might as well just change the name to the Meghan Show. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, SuzieSioux said:

Sunny has built up a huge amount of goodwill with me, just on the revelation that she followed Eli Valley after he drew "omg the most antisemitic thing EVA!".

On Arizona, I guess she's not really relevant anymore, but I would love there to be a reason for Sandra Bernhard to be interviewed on The View. She also grew up in Arizona and has less than complimentary things to say, and generally holds no prisoners. No offence to people from Arizona - I drove through part of the state a few years back and the scenery was pretty amazing - I just want to see Meghan's head explode, hehe.

I'd pay money to see Meghan go toe-to-toe with Sandra Bernhard.

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
(edited)
55 minutes ago, CynicalGirl said:

She'll return "if things change"??? As in, if they get rid of Sunny? Wow.

Well, she's playing her hand, but I think she's overestimating her importance. At least, I sure as hell hope so. If ABC gives in to her, they might as well just change the name to the Meghan Show. 

Megan is a vile thin-skinned vindictive snake. I hope this attempt at blackmail takes her down. Wow! She is an awful person playing  games with Sunny's employment knowing that she has a family to feed..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

If Sunny goes, I doubt Joy would consider re-signing.

My fantasy is for Joy and Sunny to band together and threaten to both quit if Meghan is re-signed for another year.  Of course, they'd have to be ready to walk away if the network bigwigs pick Meghan over them, but there would be such an outcry throughout the land by fans of the show. 😢😲😟😡😪😠 😵

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

My fantasy is for Joy and Sunny to band together and threaten to both quit if Meghan is re-signed for another year.  Of course, they'd have to be ready to walk away if the network bigwigs pick Meghan over them, but there would be such an outcry throughout the land by fans of the show. 😢😲😟😡😪😠 😵

Oh, I can believe that’s exactly what they are doing. ABC isn’t stupid. They know the ratings only came back up after Joy was brought back. If she leaves, this show’s going to start sinking like a stone again. I still think Ana Navarro was signed midseason in part to appease Joy, because it happened right at the end of a week when McCain had been extra-disrespectful to her (more than usual, I mean).

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Frankly, I don't buy it. I think that Meghan is simply negotiating. It's really a very old move out of the entertainment playbook, act hard to get in the moment you know you are in demand. And let's be honest here, she brings the View a lot of attention and therefore ratings. Negative attention, but that doesn't really matter, there is no such thing as bad press in entertainment, it is all about being in the spotlight.

This might even be an attempt to boot Sunny from the show, but that will most likely not work. If Meghan doesn't manage to get a make-up artist fired, she won't be able to touch one of her co-hosts either.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

7 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Oh, I can believe that’s exactly what they are doing. ABC isn’t stupid. They know the ratings only came back up after Joy was brought back. If she leaves, this show’s going to start sinking like a stone again. I still think Ana Navarro was signed midseason in part to appease Joy, because it happened right at the end of a week when McCain had been extra-disrespectful to her (more than usual, I mean).

ABC would be idiots if they let Meghan get away with her temper tantrum. And this is exactly what this story is. A temper tantrum. I absolutely believe parts of it are true.  Meghan following her co hosts social media accounts is something she would absolutely do.  She needs to see who is being disloyal to her.  Girl needs to get a life that doesn't revolve around her playing the victim while simultaneously also being the bully.  It's not fair to her co workers and it's not enjoyable for us the viewers to watch.

17 minutes ago, swanpride said:

If Meghan doesn't manage to get a make-up artist fired,

That make up artist is a friend of Whoopi and the person she called when she first got sick with pneumonia. Karen drove her to the hospital. So Meghan better tread lightly where Karen is concerned.

• Love 20

Didn't know that...thanks for the information.

I still don't think that the ABC will budge. I agree with you. If they allow her to get away with her temper tantrum, it will just encourage further bad behaviour in the future. Most likely they will tell her "this is what we offer you, take it or leave it, and no, we won't fire anyone just because you demand it".

• Love 6

Well, I think she took it too far dragging Sunny into it. As has been mentioned, Sunny seems like one who holds a grudge (i.e. she's still bitching about B Frankel for something that happened yrs ago), and I definitely think the hard feelings will spill out on the show. I bet Monday will be tense. 

Which of course will bring the ratings, so ABC won't grow a pair and fire her. It really has turned into the Real housewives of the View and Meghan fancies herself the Brandi Glanville of the bunch (or whoever is the latest resident troublemaker, sorry I don't watch those shows)

• Love 17