Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Tammee said:

I wouldnt mind going to a range though.  They probably have guns for rent.

They do!   As a teenager I went out to the desert with various boys...sometimes a group of kids and we shot at everything (not living) ... beer cans, beer bottles, old tires.  We didn't have any special kinds of guns, 22 pistols, rifles, shotguns. I was a pretty good shot.  When I was 60 my kids gave me a class at a shooting range.  The range let me try whatever gun I wanted.   If I liked it, the kids would buy me the gun of my choice.  Those lessons were strict. I was no longer a good shot... and I didn't follow instructions exactly--not on purpose (the instructor had to get strict with me).  It wasn't fun.  It wasn't for me.  Not a gun owner.  

I wonder if Meghan follows all gun safety protocol when she's swiggin' her Jack Daniels.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

They do!   As a teenager I went out to the desert with various boys...sometimes a group of kids and we shot at everything (not living) ... beer cans, beer bottles, old tires.  We didn't have any special kinds of guns, 22 pistols, rifles, shotguns. I was a pretty good shot.  When I was 60 my kids gave me a class at a shooting range.  The range let me try whatever gun I wanted.   If I liked it, the kids would buy me the gun of my choice.  Those lessons were strict. I was no longer a good shot... and I didn't follow instructions exactly--not on purpose (the instructor had to get strict with me).  It wasn't fun.  It wasn't for me.  Not a gun owner.  

I wonder if Meghan follows all gun safety protocol when she's swiggin' her Jack Daniels.

If she’s not sober, Meg would get a grisly ending. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, falltime said:

Thanks for bringing this over. What they said was exactly my reaction. Shes trying to play to an image of herself as a country redneck. 

Though, didn't Meghan say she was in grief therapy at one point?  Why is it ok to go to therapy when your elderly father dies, but is so ridiculous to get therapy to help resolve ongoing problems in your marriage?

• Love 16
5 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

I  wonder if Meghan follows all gun safety protocol when she's swiggin' her Jack Daniels.

Drinkin' hard liquor and shootin' guns ?  Sure,  sounds like MM' s faux style. 

I doubt anyone else would go near her, or anyone with more brain cells than her, which is almost everyone,  except her hubbie, IMHO.

Such a phoney baloney.  So immature to try to seem tough, when she keeps coming off as a loud, drunk girl at a frat party. A stupid, loud drunk.

Yeah, who's going to put a gun in her hands?  

I bet the staff at her family's compound load her firearms with blanks.  To protect themselves.

Such a moron. 

• Love 14
29 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Shes trying to play to an image of herself as a country redneck. 

She is playing a stereotype of a country redneck. I live in a red state and I'm surrounded by rednecks but as far as I know they aren't getting drunk and target shooting. If they were it would be all over my local news with stories of untimely deaths happening so frequently.   And for someone who says she is a responsible gun owner she clearly missed that day in class where everyone was told do not play with guns while intoxicated.  

I don't want to get in trouble with the mods but I know a little something about drinking and guns.  My mother was shot by an ex boyfriend who drank a bottle of whiskey for courage before he tried to kidnap her. She survived. He did not. He shot himself when confronted by police.  So for Meghan to just blithely just say I drink a bottle of Jack Daniels and go shoot my gun to deal with my issues is so fucking disgusting.

• Love 8
55 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

She is playing a stereotype of a country redneck. I live in a red state and I'm surrounded by rednecks but as far as I know they aren't getting drunk and target shooting. If they were it would be all over my local news with stories of untimely deaths happening so frequently.   And for someone who says she is a responsible gun owner she clearly missed that day in class where everyone was told do not play with guns while intoxicated.  

I don't want to get in trouble with the mods but I know a little something about drinking and guns.  My mother was shot by an ex boyfriend who drank a bottle of whiskey for courage before he tried to kidnap her. She survived. He did not. He shot himself when confronted by police.  So for Meghan to just blithely just say I drink a bottle of Jack Daniels and go shoot my gun to deal with my issues is so fucking disgusting.

How awful. I’m so sorry your mom experienced that trauma, but I’m glad she survived. 

You are right, it’s like Meghan has no idea how dangerous being upset, drinking, and guns all mixed together can be. 

I forget, have they discussed domestic violence, crimes of passion, or anything that involves this topic other than gun violence lately? It seems to be a right wing thing to downplay how dangerous not just guns, but men can be. They don’t like the term toxic masculinity. I remember Meghan was not a fan of that Gillette ad and doesn’t call herself a feminist either. I know women can also get dangerous drinking and handling a gun, but it’s more likely the woman is going to get hurt. I haven’t had a gun pointed at me, but I know women whose husbands have held them at gunpoint just because they were angry. There are gun owners, and then there are people like MM. Meghan’s love affair with guns is so weird to me. I guess she’d consider me weird for preferring counseling for help in a marriage to drinking and gun ranges. And if she wants to let out aggression, what’s wrong with something like kickboxing? No offense to any gun fans here. I know many who aren’t so extreme. Again, Meghan is on another level when it comes to guns imo. 

• Love 11
9 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

I’m guessing her protocol is kill all animals, but protect the innocent cacti. 

• Love 7
(edited)

The Young Turks video once talked about this, but I have noticed for a long time, this little quirk of Meghan's.   When she tries to get all "red state conservative country whiskey/guns/cigars gal" she will often tilt her head, pull her mouth to one side, and affect a little version of a country accent - even slowing down her usual  rapid-fire speech.   The first time I notice this was when she talked about seeing some guys with MAGA hats at a gas station, and was trying to make the point that she is "in touch"  with these people. 

It's like she shows us two versions of herself.  she thinks she's this smart "political pundit" who can ask liberals "gotcha"  questions to trip them up, but then she tries to be Annie Oakley, thinking people will relate to that.  

None of the other women do that, at least not to the same extent.  they all seem to be pretty genuine in who they present themselves to be on the show.  

Edited by tinkerbell
  • LOL 1
  • Love 21
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

So for Meghan to just blithely just say I drink a bottle of Jack Daniels and go shoot my gun to deal with my issues is so fucking disgusting.

We need a "disgusted" or "angry" emoticon (or whatever they're called these days).

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
(edited)
23 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

We need a "disgusted" or "angry" emoticon (or whatever they're called these days).

"To the cornfield". (from vintage Twilight Zone... for you young whippersnappers) Not an emoticon, but a fave of mine.

twilight-zone-billy-mumy-go.jpg

Edited by SunFun
Explainations
  • Love 15

She sort of clarified today that she enjoys target shooting at a range to wind down, but in the past she has talked of shooting squirrels and shooting in cricks.  I doubt range owners let people in with JD in hand or on their breaths or slurring their words.

• Love 4

Maybe this has already been mentioned, but what was with Meghan's belt popping off?!  She seems to have put on a lot of weight, and the belt must have been too tight?  She had to assure everyone she was Not pregnant 🙂

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 7/8/2019 at 11:39 PM, deirdra said:

Meghan only drinks AMERICAN whiskey, not Irish Whiskey 😉 or even Scottish whisky to honour her McCain heritage. She was drinking Jack Daniels long before she got married, but apparently JD + guns are the answer to marital strife.

Jameson is the grief counselor. JD is the marriage counselor. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, deirdra said:

She sort of clarified today that she enjoys target shooting at a range to wind down, but in the past she has talked of shooting squirrels and shooting in cricks.  I doubt range owners let people in with JD in hand or on their breaths or slurring their words.

Oh, man.  It's too early to be reading this and I haven't had enough coffee.  At first I read she was shooting crickets (that would be a good trick, except to the crickets), then I was wondering why range owners would not let in someone with a law degree.  Sorry.  I see JD and think law school, not alcohol. 😂

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Anyone remember when she complained about the survivors of the school shooting in Parkland cursing? Why is it okay for her to curse if she’s passionate but not the children who experienced trauma? Is it because she was scared the kids were trying to take away her precious guns? 

There is no consistency with Meghan.  And I don't just think it's hypocrisy.  I think she can't keep track of what she says because they aren't her real beliefs.  I stand by my believe that is she playing the role of far right wingnut Barbie.  

• Love 22
On 7/8/2019 at 12:21 PM, Tammee said:

The thing I'm so afraid of is that we (collectively) push her into re-signing. We know she is unhappy, SHE knows she is unhappy, but she will sign a new contract just to spite the world. We say the sky is blue, she will say green.  I have the same trait unfortunately with my dad.  He will say blue, i will insist green.  Drives me crazy but i dont know how to stop being that way.  Back to the topic at hand.  She would sign again just because it would bring joy to Joy (lol) to see her go.

Yeah, she'll be pushed into RE-SIGNING, when we really want to push her into RESIGNING!  

• LOL 5
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

There is no consistency with Meghan.  And I don't just think it's hypocrisy.  I think she can't keep track of what she says because they aren't her real beliefs.  I stand by my believe that is she playing the role of far right wingnut Barbie.  

Yes, and she replied to a post about how the women on the soccer team are being criticized for swearing - making it about HERSELF.  

Further hypocrisy - she is defending a woman soccer player who protested the national anthem, when Meghan Mccain had harsh criticism for Colin Kaepernick for pretty much the same thing.   

• Love 18
15 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Yeah, she'll be pushed into RE-SIGNING, when we really want to push her into RESIGNING!  

She will be miserable over there, if she signs a new contract. Sunny, Joy and Ana will not have anything to do with her off the show. Megan wants to be accepted by them. Whoopie may baby her at work but I doubt Whoopie socializes with her after work.  Whoopie knows not to bring Megan into her private life, she is a snake in the grass.

• Love 10

I think Whoopie has a very private life beyond her cat, and she ain't letting Meeeeegan or anybody into that scenario. heh heh heh...Hey I ain't saying anything, you know, you know, as Whoopie would say.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

This alliterate talk show host not named Wendy Williams thinks she can strike out on her own and become a huge star and make millions. She thinks she can be the next Ellen. The odds are high though, that if she goes out on her own she will crash and burn and not be able to find any work after.

Meghan McCain

This is a blind item from a site called Crazy Days and Nights. We don't know if the blind items are true. But I can see Meghan being this arrogant. She can dance like Ellen. lol 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Is that a direct quote?  Because illiterate, not alliterate. 😊

Not sure if you’re kidding, since illiterate certainly fits, too, but alliterate, as in first and last name start with same first letter. And the clue says not Wendy Williams, leaving Meghan McCain as a likely choice...

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

This alliterate talk show host not named Wendy Williams thinks she can strike out on her own and become a huge star and make millions. She thinks she can be the next Ellen. The odds are high though, that if she goes out on her own she will crash and burn and not be able to find any work after.

Meghan McCain

This is a blind item from a site called Crazy Days and Nights. We don't know if the blind items are true. But I can see Meghan being this arrogant. She can dance like Ellen. lol 

I usually roll my eyes at most blind items, but I totally believe Meghan thinks she deserves her own show. And that she would crash and burn. But still, I hope someone offers her something (although I can't see a fit for her anywhere but Fox) so she'll go away to a channel I'll never watch.

Don't really see it happening, but I definitely think the recent leaks about her unhappiness with the View are all about her shopping (or hoping) for other offers. Legend in her own mind.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, CynicalGirl said:

Don't really see it happening, but I definitely think the recent leaks about her unhappiness with the View are all about her shopping (or hoping) for other offers

If the leaks aren't from a little Domenech pipeline, then they're from the McCains' (mother and daughter) talent/PR agency.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

I wonder if anyone in production cares about this and has made suggestions to her that she needs to practice certain skills, like reading from a teleprompter, etc. 

Suggestions TO Meghan?  NO!

• In their secret meetings at a bar down the street...yes!
  • In their "leaks" to friends at various online publications...yes!
  • Pillow talk with their most trusted friends...yes!
  • To their therapists...yes!
  • Anywhere they can vent without concern that they'll be fired...yes!
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
56 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Of course she deserves her own show. She’s humble about her background, so I can tell you why.  ....

And that, RealHousewife, is this season in 1000 words or less!  I hope everyone reads it.  FABULOUS!  I want to email it to my friend who LOVES Meghan (and Whoopi).  She'll just say she expected as much.  ETA: from me.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

And that, RealHousewife, is this season in 1000 words or less!  I hope everyone reads it.  FABULOUS!  I want to email it to my friend who LOVES Meghan (and Whoopi).  She'll just say she expected as much.  ETA: from me.

Haha thank you, HAACHOO! I tried. 😀

• Love 7
On 7/11/2019 at 11:15 AM, blondiec0332 said:

Awww dont dis Barbie dude 😎  even she was a doctor, a reporter, a nurse.  Drove a 'vette and lived in a highrise.  Also had a camper.   Girls' got it going on!

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

When Kamala started answering one of Meghan's gotcha questions saying "when you don't prepare..." (referring to other candidates) I was sure Meghan was going to jump in screaming "how dare you say I don't prepare!" since she takes everything as a personal insult. One or more of her producers must have been talking MM down in her ear.

• LOL 13
  • Love 2

I don't think that K. Harris was not attacking J. Biden.  She asked about something he did as a senator - it was not name calling, making fun, bullying - it was a question about what he did and what does he think about his decision now.

• Love 5