Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, CynicalGirl said:

Maybe she is putting this out there to see if she gets any other offers before she signs on again with The View? It's kinda funny that this story came from a supposed "close personal friend".  

I'm sure she'd rather have her very own show so it can be all Meghan all the time!

But will wherever she goes next let her take her precious blue cards with her? 😁

Agree that the article just seems like a woe is me power play. I feel like we're not getting rid of her that easily, unfortunately.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, BelleBrit said:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/meghan-mccain-feeling-like-an-exhausted-defeated-caged-animal-may-exit-the-view

I am going to chalk this up to fake news, if only not to get my hopes up!!!  Some parts of the article seem true (that she has a mouth like a trucker), but the part about how she supposedly spends all this time in AZ (“hanging out in the creek and doing Jell-O shots and shooting guns”) while her co-hosts spend time in the Hamptons seriously made by blood boil. We literally KNOW that is not true!  I will say this, Meghan must have a talented publicist.

I took those as analogies of their different lifestyles.  MM - the tough, misunderstood chick goes off drinking at her AZ ranch (which really is a compound, but who needs facts) and the rest of the gals are off to their lifes of leisure with the uppercrust in the Hamptons sipping tea.  When in all reality, MM is the uppercrust (well her mom is).  

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I took those as analogies of their different lifestyles.  MM - the tough, misunderstood chick goes off drinking at her AZ ranch (which really is a compound, but who needs facts) and the rest of the gals are off to their lifes of leisure with the uppercrust in the Hamptons sipping tea.  When in all reality, MM is the uppercrust (well her mom is).  

Meghan would love to be part of the Hamptons crowd. For all her talk about middle of America and all that there is no way Meghan does not enjoy the fruits of her (parents) labor.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan would love to be part of the Hamptons crowd. For all her talk about middle of America and all that there is no way Meghan does not enjoy the fruits of her (parents) labor.

Or Erika Jayne. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
50 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I know it's supposed to be an analogy, I agree that Meghan would love to go to the Hamptons though and be considered part of the political in crowd. In terms of reality, I know that she mentioned in April that she had been unable to go "home" (AZ) since her father's death, but in fairness, I'm not sure if that's changed/whether she more regularly spent time there on the weekends in the past. That little publicist planted comment just reiterated to me that she is always trying to insinuate that she spends way more time in red states than she actually does-she's an East Coast Elite, and has been since college.

Edited by BelleBrit
  • Love 10

I can just hear her reply to the exit rumors in her best vocal fry: “I hate to break it to you but I’m not going anywhere. You’re stuck with me for the long run.”  Then increasingly shrill “Why are you so mean to me?  You hate me because I’m a republican. Don’t you know I’m still mourning my father?”  Then she sips from her coffee cup and pouts for the rest of the show.  Stay tuned for Monday. 

• Love 16
28 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I can just hear her reply to the exit rumors in her best vocal fry: “I hate to break it to you  bitches but I’m not going anywhere. You’re stuck with me for the long run.”  Then increasingly shrill “Why are you so mean to me?  You hate me because I’m a republican. Don’t you know I’m still mourning my father?”  Then she sips from her coffee cup and pouts for the rest of the show.  Stay tuned for Monday. 

Fixed it for you.

• LOL 10
  • Love 7
(edited)
14 hours ago, falltime said:

Meghan, if the only people saying "OPEN BORDERS!  THE DEMS WANT OPEN ORDERS!"  are right-wing people as yourself, then "open borders" is by definition, a right-wing talking point. 

I really liked how this guy referred to Meghan as a "narcissistic buffoon." 

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Love 16
16 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan, if the only people saying "OPEN BORDERS!  THE DEMS WANT OPEN ORDERS!"  are right-wing people as yourself, then "open borders" is by definition, a right-wing talking point. 

I really liked how this guy referred to Meghan as a "narcissistic buffoon." 

He's probably one of my favorite youtuber political commentator.

I love how him and Majority Report, just essentially say that McCain should just shut up, because of her privilege of being John McCain's daughter.  Or that Meghan McCain is a evidence that we need a 100% estate tax.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Somebody at ABC may have started it just to get more conversation going.  

For all we know, Meghan is in on this and trying to drum up drama so she can kiss her own ass on the show and brag about how she’s not going anywhere.

• Love 12
30 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

It’s trending on twitter, but like many of you said, I don’t think it’s true. I’ll believe it when I see it.

BE361E05-4B58-4298-B05A-0A95F94152ED.jpeg

This was clearly put out there as a way to garner some sympathy for the "I'm a persecuted conservative" narrative she's been touting as of late. Judging by the reactions, it has quickly become a hit piece and is backfiring spectacularly. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
6 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Interesting - someone else talking about her being a brat on set. 

We knew she does this stuff from when Wunder Woman was in the audience.  I hope more people come forward and tell what else she has done.  I really surprised this hasn't come out before this.

• Love 14
(edited)

If Meghan goes, can we get rid of Abby, too?

Hell, even if Meghan doesn't go, can we get rid of Abby? (I keep hoping having three little ones will make the thought of getting up and out that early too prohibitive and she'll decline to return).

I think that story is definitely a plant by Team-McCain. I think either her husband or SE Cupp is the likely source. The Daily Beast has enough of a pedigree that they're not going to traffic in fake news,  the way the Daily Mail would. Besides, as it says in the article, McCain was a Daily Beast columnist for four years. They're not just going to make up stuff about her. If they say an intimate of Meghan's was their source, they mean it. 

The story, coupled with the fact that she recently did that Instagram-live thing, tells me Meghan wants out and she's letting it be known. 

I will throw a going away party, after she's gone. That said, she is nuts if leaves in the run up to an election. She'll never be this relevant (imagine I put quotes around that) again.  The further and further we get from her father's death, the less she matters. She's  only made a name for herself as a candid senator's mouthy daughter. 

Edited by General Days
  • Love 13
5 minutes ago, General Days said:

That said, she is nuts if leaves in the run up to an election. She'll never be this relevant (imagine I put quotes around that) again.  The further and further we get from her father's death, the less she matters. She's  only made a name for herself as a candid senator's mouthy daughter. 

But she thinks she is better than the View.  I would bet she has aspirations for her own show like Laura Ingram. Or maybe she wants to run for office.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, General Days said:

I think that story is definitely a plant by Team-McCain. I think either her husband or SE Cupp is the likely source

I agree.  Her PR team has done a good job; there's something in our local paper (Arizona Republic) almost every day...if only repeating one of her Tweets.  Much as I wish it, she ain't leavin'.

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

But she thinks she is better than the View.  I would bet she has aspirations for her own show like Laura Ingram. Or maybe she wants to run for office.

How dare you mock her career! She’s been in politics all her life. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

How dare you mock her career! She’s been in politics all her life. 

I laughed when a producer quoted in the article said Meghan "had grown up in politics".  That is a correct way of describing it.  Meghan should listen to her producer.

• Love 8

I believe this story entirely except for the part about Nutmeg wanting to leave.  That is being spun for contract negotiations.  But look at how the sources prop Whoopi and Joy, and even my Producer Brian, but take direct and specific aim at Sunny!? I agree that Nutmeg's PR machine is behind this. She constantly tells us how she is "the sacrificial lamb" and people don't like what she has to say, blah blah blah.  This is her pity party and chance to blame the people she has it in for.

• Love 22
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

She's too thin-skinned to actually run for office. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I think she thinks she is good enough and deserves her own show.

7 minutes ago, Marigny said:

The more people get involved in this discussion, the more I'm convinced this was thrown out there to test sentiment. It is not a coincidence that it came out during an off week. 

Well, if she's testing public sentiment, it was a misstep. But one thing you gotta admit, she gets reactions, and she loves it even if it's negative. It's her against all the big bad liberals. 

So, this is either her way of negotiating for more money, or hoping the offers come pouring in before she re-signs. She thinks she's the star of The View and responsible for any ratings increase. I almost think she wants back in at Fox, (she always still praises them) but with her own show this time. 

• Love 11

Could it be that that ABC News has had enough of Meghan's antics and have presented her with a low ball offer and a set stipulations she needs to follow to curb her behavior?  It could be a way for the network to get her to quit while keeping their hands clean?  The View tends to soft peddle things when they want to get rid of a host.  When they fired Elizabeth, BW helped get her a job at FOX.  This is a way to let the public know that they are "a happy family".  However, one of the best moments of The View was when Starr Jones took control of the narrative over her leaving/being fired.  The expression on BW's face was priceless. 

• Love 13
26 minutes ago, bannana said:

I pasted this in case people don't want to click the link.  This is hilarious. 🙃

"one of the biggest losses in television"  🤣🤣🤣

I had to google Janice Dean. Had no idea who she is. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, gatopretoNYC said:

I had to google Janice Dean. Had no idea who she is. 

I think she was on the View and Abby and NutMeg dry-humped each of her legs.

• LOL 15
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, bannana said:

I pasted this in case people don't want to click the link.  This is hilarious. 🙃

Yeah and I'm sure television will never recover

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, bannana said:

She constantly tells us how she is "the sacrificial lamb" and people don't like what she has to say, blah blah blah. This is her pity party and chance to blame the people she has it in for. 

Yeah, victim complexes are indeed exhausting, Meg.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

I won’t be surprised if Meghan McCain does end up leaving The View.

Neither will I. I always knew this year would be a crossroads because Joy is signing a new contract, and she’s not going to put up with someone who gets off scot-free calling her a bitch on live air, screaming over her, misrepresenting everything she says, etc. etc. And McCain cursing out a producer the same week was just the icing on the cake. I think ABC has reached the end of their tether with her. And anyone who watches this show knows that however she was going to go out, it was always going to be kicking and screaming, whining about how she’s a victim of the liberal media, and so on. She’s disgusting, but they fed the beast and now they’ll have to deal with her bullshit on the way out the door. I imagine she’s been so difficult to work with that they don’t care how she goes as long as she goes.

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Neither will I. I always knew this year would be a crossroads because Joy is signing a new contract, and she’s not going to put up with someone who gets off scot-free calling her a bitch on live air, screaming over her, misrepresenting everything she says, etc. etc. And McCain cursing out a producer the same week was just the icing on the cake. I think ABC has reached the end of their tether with her. And anyone who watches this show knows that however she was going to go out, it was always going to be kicking and screaming, whining about how she’s a victim of the liberal media, and so on. She’s disgusting, but they fed the beast and now they’ll have to deal with her bullshit on the way out the door. I imagine she’s been so difficult to work with that they don’t care how she goes as long as she goes.

I wonder if Abby will improve following Meg's exit 

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, bannana said:

Biggest losses in terms of poundage?  I mean, how is the loss going to be measured?  The writer may be right.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2