Type keyword(s) to search

S35.E06: This is Why You Play Survivor

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Kerri Okie said:

It wasn't about Mike.  During that scene someone (Ben?) said that they appreciated Mike sharing his tiny little fish, and then compared him to Cole, who, more than one time when he got fish, sat and ate the whole thing in front of the tribe and didn't offer them any of it.

1 hour ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I am pretty sure Mike shared the fish with the others.  I believe someone (Ben?) mentioned that Cole caught a larger fish and ate it all himself. ...

Yes, thanks for clarifying my OP scorn.  Mike shared slivers of his tiny fish with others while Cole hoovered up the "medium" fish all by himself.

I'm enjoying the season well enough.  For a long time, the women with the fuller bikini tops and the men with the dazzling Pepsodent smiles were largely in charge and we spent the first weeks eliminating the nerds, seniors and less curvaceous women.  I'm happy Lauren is still there--she's seems very efficient; I'm sorry we didn't get to see former Olympic swimmer Katrina slice through the water like a laserbeam.  Maybe I'm okay with Ryan and Chrissy just because it's refreshing to see weasels and moms still hanging in there.  Either from smarter casting or smarter players, Survivor evolves.

[I have dinner with friends on Wednesdays and the one time I mentioned recording Survivor, there were loud hoots.  Really?  No one would listen to me that it's still interesting to watch people strategize around a dozen crucial variables.  Needless to say, I love this board.  High five, my people.]

• Love 23
14 minutes ago, blackwing said:

Glad someone else sees it too!  I have thought this from the beginning, I said this a few weeks ago in his episode thread.  JP is a bit bland and blind, but I don't mind him.  I wish he had more of a game but he really doesn't seem to be talking to anyone except Chrissy.

I don't mind him bragging about how his tribe needed him, because it's true.  He pretty much singlehandedly won them the reward challenge.  The physical liabilities are Ryan and Chrissy and they didn't even have to do the pole thing, they just hopped through some squares and went up and down a seesaw.  JP won them those pizzas.  

10 pizzas for 4 people seems like a waste.  They have no refrigerator so it's not like they can keep the leftovers.  Even if hungry, how much pizza can one eat?

The food obviously didn't help them because they lost the immunity challenge.  Again, I blame Ryan.  Didn't the blocks drop when JP was trying to put a block on?  Meaning he couldn't pull as much to help stabilize the platform?   I figured that their tribe was going to lose because of unequal strength.  When one guy is pulling more than another it may be harder to keep it balanced.  Jessica's tribe seemed to figure it out that three just need to pull hard and keep it level while one just walks up.  

At this point I'd be happy if anyone but Ryan, Chrissy or Joe won.  

I don't mind JP. Granted, he doesn't bring too much to the game but he is awesome in challenges and some people can't even bring that. It doesn't hurt that he's good looking but when he does talk he really doesn't say anything. I can see where he frustrated everyone (including Probst) because he wasn't playing the game. I can't recall if he was a recruit or not. I am always fascinated by people like him on Survivor. You wonder if they thought they were playing the game and then come home and get no air time. It must be strange and kind of depressing, too. That said, he has his looks and abs. It's more then I have. LOL!!!

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I see smugness in Chrissy and not confidence.  I hate the way she talks, it has this very air of condescension.   She sits there and acts like we are not as smart as her so she has to take the time to clearly explain to everyone at home why she is so brilliant.  She's also more or less said that she is the smartest person in the room.  To me there is a marked difference between confidence and smugness.  Confidence is believing in yourself and not giving up.  Smugness is thinking that you're great and making sure everyone knows it.  That line about "what did Ryan see in me when he briefly met me on the first day that made him know that I am a good person", said with this lofty and didactic tone, was the epitome of smugness.  

Women can be confident without being smug.  Chrissy isn't one of them.  I didn't like Sarah Lacina, but I'd have to admit she was confident and persistent, and wasn't smug.  

Bingo!  Smug is the perfect word to describe Chrissy.  

• Love 2
Just now, Bryce Lynch said:

Bingo!  Smug is the perfect word to describe Chrissy.  

She really does have that smug smile. The werid thing is that I think it's her actual smile and she can't do anything about it. I wonder if she even realized that she has that "look". LOL!!!

• Love 2

Thinking about how Dr. Mike and NP Jessica did such a great job caring for Cole reminded me how in Kaôh Rōng., Peter (the ER Doctor who looked like Obama) did nothing while castaways were dropping like flies from heat exhaustion, and heat stroke in Caleb's case, during a challenge.  

• Love 9
13 hours ago, UGAmp said:

Devon makes me think of... someone famous... and I cannot put my finger on it. The closest my brain can come up with is Aladdin and that’s just not quite right.

In my opinion, Devon is a better looking Adam Driver from Girls.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Thinking about how Dr. Mike and NP Jessica did such a great job caring for Cole reminded me how in Kaôh Rōng., Peter (the ER Doctor who looked like Obama) did nothing while castaways were dropping like flies from heat exhaustion, and heat stroke in Caleb's case, during a challenge.  

That's a different situation, though. Medical was on-hand for the challenges, so Peter interfering would have been inappropriate (and probably could have legal implications in certain cases). With no other medical team around, it's appropriate for Mike and Jessica to step up.

• Love 6

Did the editors forget how to use their pixelation feature? I saw enough of Ryan's nutsack in episode one to know that I didn't need to see the rest of his genitals even in outline form. If they've decided not to blur stuff anymore, I wish they'd give the players regular swimsuits.

All the men are wearing the exact same kind of underwear so the show has obviously issued it to them - I'm just not sure why. I know they used to have to blur their crotches all the time so apparently they think this style of underwear is less problematic. I don't get why they can't give them regular swim trunks though, unless it's because they are trying to maintain the illusion that they're "castaways" and not just a bunch of guys on a beach vacation.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, mzbarbara2 said:

In my opinion, Devon is a better looking Adam Driver from Girls.

The bigger question is did Devon laser removal his fasical hair to get a perfect goatee? I've never seen anyone have no side scruff but have the perfect goatee. Especially, on Survivor. LOL!!!

50 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

All the men are wearing the exact same kind of underwear so the show has obviously issued it to them - I'm just not sure why. I know they used to have to blur their crotches all the time so apparently they think this style of underwear is less problematic. I don't get why they can't give them regular swim trunks though, unless it's because they are trying to maintain the illusion that they're "castaways" and not just a bunch of guys on a beach vacation.

I think they have the issue ordered underwear and swim trunks so something is dry at all times. At least, that's what I always thought.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, iluvobx said:

I'm glad to know that I am not the only one that has been puzzled over Chrissy.  She looks so familiar and I can't put my finger on it either.

I think Chrissy reminds me of Lisa Whelchel from Survivor Phillipines.

• Love 1

Ali said when she's walking out TC "good luck beating him (JP)"

She should know that Survivor is not just about physicality, look at Ozzy, Brad C., Joe A, did they win? Nope

Unless JP starts to mingle with the group and talk about strategy, but I don't think so.

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

The bigger question is did Devon laser removal his fasical hair to get a perfect goatee? I've never seen anyone have no side scruff but have the perfect goatee. Especially, on Survivor. LOL!!!

I think they have the issue ordered underwear and swim trunks so something is dry at all time. At least, that's what I always thought.

They seem to give them their swimsuits midway through the season.  I've never understood the meaning of this.  Either give them to them at the beginning or not at all.

One of the millionth reasons I couldn't be on Survivor is that I would have a hard time hanging out in dirty, stretched out underwear outdoors among relative strangers.  When they got to that Reward Challenge, with the high-stepping, etc., and I saw that Ryan was only wearing his underpants.  I was like "...."  Lord Jesus, where are the pixilators!

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I think they have the issue ordered underwear and swim trunks so something is dry at all time. At least, that's what I always thought.

I thought it was said before that they are told to bring a variety of clothing and then TPTB chooses what they get to wear from amongst those items.  I would imagine they get told to bring clothes in each of the three colours.  So a guy might bring three pairs of underwear, blue, red and yellow, and then TPTB choose based on what team they are on.  

I don't think the underwear is supplied.  If it was supplied they would all be the same.  And they're not.  All of the guys have boxer briefs (I think) but they aren't all the same style.  There's no reason why Cole would have gotten weird striped underwear and others get solid colours.  Or why some women have underwear that doesn't seem suited to an island while Ali looks like she walked out of a lingerie catalogue.  

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I thought it was said before that they are told to bring a variety of clothing and then TPTB chooses what they get to wear from amongst those items.  I would imagine they get told to bring clothes in each of the three colours.  So a guy might bring three pairs of underwear, blue, red and yellow, and then TPTB choose based on what team they are on.  

I don't think the underwear is supplied.  If it was supplied they would all be the same.  And they're not.  All of the guys have boxer briefs (I think) but they aren't all the same style.  There's no reason why Cole would have gotten weird striped underwear and others get solid colours.  Or why some women have underwear that doesn't seem suited to an island while Ali looks like she walked out of a lingerie catalogue.  

They are told what color and style of underwear to get. It's also at the cost of the contestants, too. I remember that Vytas was told to get crazy boxer briefs for Second Chances. Maybe, that's why he was voted out first. I guess they didn't like his underwear choice. LOL!!

Vytas.png

3 hours ago, fishcakes said:

Yeah, I've been watching this show since Richard Hatch was sitting in a tree on day one while his tribe ignored him to go build a shelter ("Aaaction, Richard, aaaction"), and I'll watch until the bitter end, but this season is hot garbage.

Agree.  This season may shape up, we often hate it right out of the gate.  I am keeping an open mind.  

2 hours ago, blackwing said:

10 pizzas for 4 people seems like a waste.  They have no refrigerator so it's not like they can keep the leftovers.  Even if hungry, how much pizza can one eat?

Ten. 

7 hours ago, Nashville said:

Ben continues to solidify as one of my favorites this season - the only guy to win a challenge for his tribe without trumpeting his indispensability afterwards.

Yes, he was my favorite day one and continues to hold that spot.  If he continues to be solid nice guy, he should go far.  I have more to say about him, Chrissy too.  I will post in the spoiler thread.  I don't know if Probst's blathering is allowed to be mentioned here.  

7 hours ago, Nashville said:

Ali’s trust in Ryan was definitely misplaced - and her final assessment of him was spot-on.  Ryan pretty much singlehandedly torpedoed Ali’s game.  Gonna miss that ass.  :(

May I suggest Desi.  :>) 

=========================

Ryan may be one who is viewed more positively in hindsight.  I think he will make it very far only because he is no II threat.   

I didn't like Tony winning but in retrospect I gave him a nod for a job well done.  It was a small nod, granted.  I like someone who plays hard whether all their decisions are 'good' or not.  It takes me awhile to acknowledge good playing when they screw a favorite of mine but eventually I come around.  Well, sometimes I don't.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I don't mind JP. Granted, he doesn't bring too much to the game but he is awesome in challenges and some people can't even bring that. It doesn't hurt that he's good looking but when he does talk he really doesn't say anything. I can see where he frustrated everyone (including Probst) because he wasn't playing the game. I can't recall if he was a recruit or not. I am always fascinated by people like him on Survivor. You wonder if they thought they were playing the game and then come home and get no air time. It must be strange and kind of depressing, too. That said, he has his looks and abs. It's more then I have. LOL!!!

Oh, he's my eye candy! No doubt..lol

5 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

His instant switch from modest self-deprecating humor about his camping skills to confident physician in charge, kind of turned me on.  I find that kind of man so much hotter than the Coles of the world and I am super disappointed in Jessica for continuing to like him.  He betrayed her confidence twice,   he hogs food to himself on Survivor, he has the sort of table manners you only see in highchairs and he's incredibly stupid.  Why Jessica, why?  If it's all about looks get a nice big movie poster of some star and hang it on your wall.  At least it wont spill food all over your apartment.  

My nomination for Post of the Day!  :)

3 hours ago, iluvobx said:

I'm glad to know that I am not the only one that has been puzzled over Chrissy.  She looks so familiar and I can't put my finger on it either.

An older version of one of the Willett girls from BB:OTT maybe?

The food obviously didn't help them because they lost the immunity challenge.  Again, I blame Ryan.  

Just went back and watched the IC on my DVR.  IMHO Soko’s loss was more JP’s fault than Ryan’s:

1. The first drop was both Ryan and JP.  Ryan (the block placer) was holding his line too high and tight, but JP was leaving WAY too much slack and doing absolutely zero in the way of balance compensation - resulting in the blocks tipping over toward JP.
  2. Second drop was all JP - had his rope too high and tight, and pulled on his rope while placing a block.
  3. Third drop was a group effort, but primarily JP.  Ryan/Ali/Chrissy were doing a shitty job of keeping the platform stable while JP placed; JP was at least trying to keep his rope low - but he was still keeping his rope too taut AND attempting to affect balance while walking backward.  End result was JP overcorrected, and flipped the wobbly block stack back towards Ryan.

Didn't the blocks drop when JP was trying to put a block on?  Meaning he couldn't pull as much to help stabilize the platform?  

Meaning JP shouldn’t have been pulling at all.  See below...

I figured that their tribe was going to lose because of unequal strength.  When one guy is pulling more than another it may be harder to keep it balanced.  Jessica's tribe seemed to figure it out that three just need to pull hard and keep it level while one just walks up.  

Strength had little or nothing to do with it - this IC was all stability and balance.  Yawa/Red figured it out: the block placer needed to leave their rope completely slack, and leave the balancing to the other three - just hang on to the farthest tip of the rope as they walked the beam, so movement from the block placer’s rope wouldn’t throw the balance the other three were maintaining.  

Most common all-around point of failure was the block placer keeping too much tension on and/or pulling on the rope.  This happened enough times I was wondering if, as the placers were stretching (uncomfortably?) to place their block, they felt a near-unconscious need to pull on the rope - as if instinct was telling them to pull the stack closer.

At this point I'd be happy if anyone but Ryan, Chrissy or Joe won.  

Echo echo, echo.  And ECHO.

• Love 14
15 hours ago, wings707 said:

My thoughts exactly.  

I think she thought he was faking.  I did too.  It was a graceful fall as he held the bamboo pole to soften his drop.  

Totally agree.  I thought he was faking just by what he said, something along the lines of "I was standing over there and now I'm down here, I don't know how I got here"  Plus, he was coherent almost immediately after he fell.  Just seemed off to me as well.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Special K said:

They seem to give them their swimsuits midway through the season.  I've never understood the meaning of this.  Either give them to them at the beginning or not at all.

I get this. My guess is they smell less, since they only (!!!!) wear each for at most, a little under a few weeks. If they had to wear the same swimsuits for the entire 39 days, I think they'd smell awful. I'm sure they smell pretty bad now, but not as bad as they once did.

But my other theory is they want the men and women in "supportive" undergarments -- like boxer briefs for the men and bras for the women -- for the more active, strenuous first half of the season challenges. There's a lot of "swim here, now run through this, now knock that over" immunity and reward challenges when they're in tribes. Whereas post-merge, it's more endurance and "do this maze" and "solve this puzzle," so they wouldn't need all that "support" and they can just give them their swimsuits.

And I have officially spent way too much time thinking about Survivor contestants' underwear.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, piequinn35 said:

Cole is lucky, he has a doctor on his right and a nurse on his left. :))

And a VIRGIN!!! nurse at that.

Just in case anybody forgot.

Because it’s obviously very important we know this about her.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I'm loathe to say this since I hate her so much, but I heard Chrissy's voice giving lots of detailed instructions. It would make sense that she figured it out, her being the smartest person on the island and all.

Can't have been Chrissy since her tribe lost!

4 hours ago, survivinmt said:

I like Lauren, and I wonder why they never sit Jessica out in challenges?

I like Lauren too but I think the voice JudyObscure heard was Jessica's and she won them this challenge.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Nashville said:

And a VIRGIN!!! nurse at that.

Just in case anybody forgot.

Because it’s obviously very important we know this about her.

I never forgot that about her, she's already turned off by Cole's actions, so we don't have to worry about her lovelife. lol

I forgot, Cole has 2 bodyguards as well, just kidding.

32 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Just went back and watched the IC on my DVR.  IMHO Soko’s loss was more JP’s fault than Ryan’s:

1. The first drop was both Ryan and JP.  Ryan (the block placer) was holding his line too high and tight, but JP was leaving WAY too much slack and doing absolutely zero in the way of balance compensation - resulting in the blocks tipping over toward JP.
  2. Second drop was all JP - had his rope too high and tight, and pulled on his rope while placing a block.
  3. Third drop was a group effort, but primarily JP.  Ryan/Ali/Chrissy were doing a shitty job of keeping the platform stable while JP placed; JP was at least trying to keep his rope low - but he was still keeping his rope too taut AND attempting to affect balance while walking backward.  End result was JP overcorrected, and flipped the wobbly block stack back towards Ryan.

But....but....they NEED JP to win challenges!!!!

• Love 2

It may well have been Jessica, Kimber. If so, good for her, both for knowing what to do and for daring to speak up about it.

If we get to go deep into the past, I think Devon looks a lot like Robert Taylor.  Only not as handsome, because that would be impossible.672full-robert-taylor.jpg

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

But....but....they NEED JP to win challenges!!!!

Maybe all that pizza gave him the runs; I expect balancing a wobbly block stack AND walking backwards WHILE keeping your asscheeks clenched tight against certain disaster would be a challenge for the best of us.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Lamima said:

Well Ben is close to Chrissy and Ryan is with Lauren, I think he said. So I think they, and Dr Mike, will all be together. Maybe with JP and Ashley and Devin. When merge happens. 

I thought Ryan was with Ali much more than he ever was with Lauren. Lauren was hanging on by the skin of her teeth in that original tribe.  We know Ryan has ties to Devon, so it's going to be interesting seeing how he balances ties to Devon, Ashley, and JP against Chrissy and Ben.

I still think Lauren is just kinda there. She was very lucky she hasn't had to go to TC post swap.   

• Love 3
18 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Didn't he faint before they won the pizza?  When Jessica made the executive decision to feed Cole extra rice, I wish someone would have chimed in and said, "sure, give him some from your share".

They only got 1 pizza. Not nearly enough for Cole to keep his strength up. *eye roll*

• Love 3
14 hours ago, GaT said:

Cole needs to be gone, what a big baby he is. I was surprised that the medical team didn't show up when he fainted, are they just leaving the medical stuff up to the healers?

I wonder how this works?  My understanding is that the medical crew is always nearby, not just during challenges.  In Heros Vs. Villains, Boston Rob passed out and Jerri had to get help.  But in Guatemala, Nurse Margaret was single-handedly taking care of every male in her tribe with no medical intervention that we saw.  Does the medical team just kind of hang back when one of the cast is an actual medical professional?  Because I would think that would be a liability issue, since these folks are going on a reality game show, not being asked to be on alert for emergencies, and can only do so much with their meager supplies.

And I don't know, JP for Dark Horse?  I did enjoy how he just sat there granite-like at TC while Probst told him that his replies were boring.  JP owns the fact that he's playing a quiet game and so far, he's not pretending to be someone he's not.  I think Probst just likes a little more smart-mouthed banter from his big, strong he-men type players.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, cheewhiz said:

One thing I have never understood is WHY do they quit fishing when they have one teeny tiny fish and claim they “are providing for their tribe”. 

Because they don’t know how to fish and it’s their way of justifying getting one itty bitty fish.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, candall said:

Yes, thanks for clarifying my OP scorn.  Mike shared slivers of his tiny fish with others while Cole hoovered up the "medium" fish all by himself.

I'm enjoying the season well enough.  For a long time, the women with the fuller bikini tops and the men with the dazzling Pepsodent smiles were largely in charge and we spent the first weeks eliminating the nerds, seniors and less curvaceous women.  I'm happy Lauren is still there--she's seems very efficient; I'm sorry we didn't get to see former Olympic swimmer Katrina slice through the water like a laserbeam.  Maybe I'm okay with Ryan and Chrissy just because it's refreshing to see weasels and moms still hanging in there.  Either from smarter casting or smarter players, Survivor evolves.

[I have dinner with friends on Wednesdays and the one time I mentioned recording Survivor, there were loud hoots.  Really?  No one would listen to me that it's still interesting to watch people strategize around a dozen crucial variables.  Needless to say, I love this board.  High five, my people.]

On the only gossip blog I visit, posters talk like your friends.  No one has ever seen a real housewife show or watched Big Brother, and would never, ever read that dreck 50 Shade of Grey.  Yet these are all watched and read by a huge audience.  IMO, it's like Rachel from Friends - She claimed her favorite movie was Dangerous Liaisons, but it's actually Weekend at Bernie's.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Special K said:

One of the millionth reasons I couldn't be on Survivor is that I would have a hard time hanging out in dirty, stretched out underwear outdoors among relative strangers.  When they got to that Reward Challenge, with the high-stepping, etc., and I saw that Ryan was only wearing his underpants.  I was like "...."  Lord Jesus, where are the pixilators!

Maybe they give them out midway because they want to wait until they starve a little.  Remember when they'd constantly have to blur out all of the butt cracks because they'd lose too much weight to keep their trunks up?

• Love 2

I think JP is playing smart.  Sure, we would like explosions at TC, but JP may understand that it's best to give bland non-answers to Jeff's questions than to provide any sort of motive to be voted out either then or later.  Also, the complaints about his social game were centered on his not talking strategy.  His tribe mates did mention that he talks about other things-things he enjoys doing, etc.  And they showed us his talking about the kind of first dates he likes to take women on.  So, he does talk, but not non-stop about strategy.  Again, I think that is playing smart.  Although he acknowledged that he may be seen as a physical threat, he won't be voted out because he is a strategic threat-whether he is one or not.  Other players who have gotten voted out so far have received the "too dangerous of a game player" comments from the others.  Now, I may be giving him too much credit, but I think he is down-playing his abilities.  He even stated after the one challenge that he didn't like exposing his strength.  And, firefighters have to know how to play angles and strategize as there are numerous factors that have to be constantly considered when fighting fires: wind, infrastructure, etc. (and yes, both my grandfather and father were firefighters...).  He probably is considering various eventualities during the game, but not talking about them so much.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, cooksdelight said:

They only got 1 pizza. Not nearly enough for Cole to keep his strength up. *eye roll*

But ya gotta KNOW if that pizza was cut six-ways for the five of them, Cole was moaning and bitching until he got the extra odd slice - and the rest of the tribe probably told Cole to take it, just to get him to shut the hell up.

1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I wonder how this works?  My understanding is that the medical crew is always nearby, not just during challenges.  In Heros Vs. Villains, Boston Rob passed out and Jerri had to get help.  But in Guatemala, Nurse Margaret was single-handedly taking care of every male in her tribe with no medical intervention that we saw.  Does the medical team just kind of hang back when one of the cast is an actual medical professional?  Because I would think that would be a liability issue, since these folks are going on a reality game show, not being asked to be on alert for emergencies, and can only do so much with their meager supplies.

IIRC some med crew staff is never more than ten minutes away, and they have near-daily contact with the contestants because in many cases they’re dispensing daily-dose prescription meds.  In terms of medical intervention, though, the med teams rarely enter the scene unless called upon to do so by Probst or the contestants.  

About the only exception to this would be if the med crew spotted something - a contestant injury exposed during a challenge, for example - which dictated urgent or emergent medical response on the contestant’s behalf.  

[Didn’t this happen just a few years back - Penner got pulled from the game against his wishes because of an injury?]

• Love 2

I think that Chrissy looks like Anna Camp and Devon looks like the love child of Jason Momoa and Jake Gyllenhaal!

Agreed with everyone who liked Alye and she was my first pick to win, but I also don't blame Ryan and Chrissy for going with JP. One thing that I think was a red flag was when Alye made her pitch to Chrissy, she said that she knew she had I think Ashley for sure. I get that she wanted to make herself sound like she was worth more than one vote, but it's not great to let everyone know you have unbroken loyalties with people on other tribes. 

I know Cole's annoyed some, but I'm ALL about the red tribe right now. I found Jessica endearing that she offered her share of rice to Cole instead of telling everyone to pony up some of their shares. I was rooting for them in the IC and thought their comeback and teamwork were beautiful to watch. Mainly, I'm into the idea of a Ben/Mike/Lauren F3, and specifically Ben as the winner. I think it's interesting that in an ep where someone with an ostensible winner's edit leaves, Ben's game is brought up and called a quiet one. He's by far my favorite this season, even more after the "Office" reaction to the fish, his acknowledgment that extra pounds > a six pack on "Survivor," and especially his reaction after their blocks first fell when they were so close. It was like that temporary failure fueled him and he just picked up that rope and WENT for it. It wasn't quite as epic, but that moment combined with their ensuing teamwork and win reminded me of the sandbag challenge from Palau in terms of teamwork, energy, and excitement <3

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Judi Sunshine said:

Agreed with everyone who liked Alye and she was my first pick to win, but I also don't blame Ryan and Chrissy for going with JP. One thing that I think was a red flag was when Alye made her pitch to Chrissy, she said that she knew she had I think Ashley for sure. I get that she wanted to make herself sound like she was worth more than one vote, but it's not great to let everyone know you have unbroken loyalties with people on other tribes. 

Oh, I’m certain JP was probably the better strategic save over Ali.  Ali might outthink you strategically; JP’s thinking - strategic or otherwise - doesn’t appear (edit-wise, anyway) to extend much beyond...

• Winning comps.
  • The beach.
  • Triple-tip salad.
  • Wood.
  • Girls.
  • His truck.  

...in that order.

1 minute ago, Judi Sunshine said:

I know Cole's annoyed some, but I'm ALL about the red tribe right now.

With you on that.  Yawa (Red) is definitely my favorite tribe of the three.

• Love 4

Cole needs to be gone, what a big baby he is. I was surprised that the medical team didn't show up when he fainted, are they just leaving the medical stuff up to the healers?

The medical team did look at Cole and established that he was fine. According to Jeff Probst, the medical team comes whenever there is any kind of injury or incident, but we aren't shown it unless it impacts the game. Which is why sometimes we see people with random bandages like Ben had.  (I was wondering if that bandage was for a bad sunburn since it seemed like an odd place for an injury) They do try to maintain the illusion that the survivors are out there on their own. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, piequinn35 said:

Ali said when she's walking out TC "good luck beating him (JP)"

I assumed she meant Ryan, not JP.

4 hours ago, KimberStormer said:

I like Lauren too but I think the voice JudyObscure heard was Jessica's and she won them this challenge.

I wanna like Jessica because I think she is quietly kinda awesome at Survivor, but her ott Cole love is hard to handle. Although heaven knows I've had inexplicable, embarrassing crushes on plenty stupid white boys!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, millennium said:

I'm not sure Cole passed out from lack of food.  I think his brain simply switched off due to lack of activity.   Actually I believe Cole faked the whole thing just to extort more food.

If he wasn't faking, he was missing a lot of symptoms: not pale, not sweating, respiratory rate and pattern were normal. Why didn't Dr. Mike check his pulse? 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, cheewhiz said:

Totally agree.  I thought he was faking just by what he said, something along the lines of "I was standing over there and now I'm down here, I don't know how I got here"  Plus, he was coherent almost immediately after he fell.  Just seemed off to me as well.

I've passed out, come to, and been coherent in a matter of just a few seconds. And then there have been times I've passed out and it's taken me a little longer to come to (still less than a minute), but I was always coherent within seconds of waking up. (I don't actually pass out that often, but over the years I've discovered my body does seem to occasionally react that way to a few stressors like overheating, donating blood, and running a particularly high fever a la severe strep throat.)

It looked to me like Cole really did pass out. Lots of times you feel SO much better after you pass out and you lie still and flat and your body resets itself, so I'm not surprised he seemed kind of perky. I do think he milked it for all it was worth since there was food and attention from Jessica involved.

15 minutes ago, eel2178 said:

If he wasn't faking, he was missing a lot of symptoms: not pale, not sweating, respiratory rate and pattern were normal. Why didn't Dr. Mike check his pulse? 

Er, you don't always have those symptoms. I certainly didn't when I keeled over after donating blood. Three times! My body would suddenly just go, "Wait! I'm missing something! URK!" I'd go from feeling fine, eating my cookie or whatever, to suddenly feeling dizzy, and I might have time to say, "Hey, I don't feel good!" before the lights go out... but maybe not. The first time I was sitting at a table and I looked up at the girl across from me and all I got out was "I'm..." before my eyes rolled back and I went over sideways. (I gave her nightmares.) Yay, high school blood drives. (For the record, yeah, they told me to just stop donating blood after the third time. I guess they didn't like my prima donna act.)

Edited by simplyme
  • Love 8
23 hours ago, enoughcats said:

Unless the editors had an empty coconut to hit a piece of wood, it did sound as if his head hit bamboo, but you never know with Foley artists.

I'm just looking forward to Ponderosa.

How do I see Ponderosa?  Is it an episode type thing per week of the kicked off or what?

2 minutes ago, millennium said:

It's Cole.   Of course it's going to sound like an empty coconut.

Simultaneously all three went for the ball, and the coconut-like sound of their heads colliding secretly delighted the bird.

CE7wlcPVIAECwEu.jpg

• Love 13