Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 10/30/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, merriebreeze said:

For your viewing pleasure 

Agree that Meghan was coached with the WH/GOP talking points. "But, but what about Hillary?" Did the Papadopoulos guilty plea news break after the show? He's cooperating - so maybe a few more indictments or guilty pleas are coming down. 

And Meghan needs to stop stroking her hair

I blame the Kardashians (can be said about a plethora of things).  When those women came into fame, I recall being disturbed by how much they fondled their hair.  Now every woman of a certain age is obsessed with fingers in their hair.

And as gross as it is in general, it looks even stupider to stroke platinum extensions.  Just bring on a stuffed animal to fondle, Meghan.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Meatball said:

Sure. A huge news story broke this morning but we should really be discussing what's going on with Obama and Clinton because that's the only thing Republicans like MM have when their ship is sinking.

I was interested in hearing a lawyer's explanation of the indictments and not a display of some snotty rich girl's piss poor deflection skills. As someone else said it appeared the plan was for Sunny to walk us through it, but MM freaked when the audience clapped because she thinks they're attacking her and she was able to derail the conversation with a word salad that would make Elisabeth proud. 

She's a moron and I love how the rest of them aren't walking on eggshells around her.

I don't know why anyone would need to walk on eggshells around her. She should be entitled to speak from her point of view just as the others do. Or is that not how the View works?

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, mxmummy said:

I don't know why anyone would need to walk on eggshells around her. She should be entitled to speak from her point of view just as the others do. Or is that not how the View works?

Walking on eggshells means they have to treat Meghan with kid gloves.  It has nothing to do with an entitlement to speak her point of view. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, mxmummy said:

I agree but it is the tone and manner in which she wants to represent her POV. It is immature and argumentative. MM speaks at them and does not engage with them conversationally. Hoping she relaxes in the next few weeks because I am interested in her POV without the theatrics.

Edited by hudsbee
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, RedheadZombie said:

Walking on eggshells means they have to treat Meghan with kid gloves.  It has nothing to do with an entitlement to speak her point of view. 

Yes and I do not see why they would need to treat her with kid gloves nor do I think she expects them to but I'm sure she does expect to speak her point of view just as the others do.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

I'm also thinking there needs to be a corollary to Godwin's Law, that if you deflect any mention of wrongdoing by Team Trump by bringing up private citizens Obama or Clinton, you automatically lose the argument. In today's Washington Post, Jennifer Rubin (the Post's conservative columnist, btw) called it "whataboutism."

Yes.  MM basically tried to SHUT DOWN the discussion of indictments with her "whataboutism."  Remember, she told us how much she admired Hasselbeck, who was very good at the same tactic -  one which now is used on a daily basis by the white house tweeter himself.    Recall the classic "what makes sarah palin qualified to be VP?"  and Bitsy answered, "what makes Barack Obama qualified to be president?"  Funny how that came full circle today with MM bringing up Obama.  

The stuff she was saying about Hillary -  she didn't collude with Russia.  someone from the DNC did fund the research into trump's collusion with Russia.   These two things are NOT equal. 

• Love 21
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I literally applauded when Sunny shut down Meghan's Republican bullshit.  I hope this is the beginning of the end of her.

So did I!  Mr. Rain shouted from the other room, "Why are you clapping at the television?"

• Love 11

I think they need to rethink having a panel of four dems and one young republican, only because while I may not agree with the republican side they need someone who can properly articulate their talking points and won't get emotional when challenged. Like, if Paula or Jed were discussing this it wouldn't feel like they were being ganged up on due to their lack of knowledge. MM didn't know what she was talking about and just rehearsing talking points, but felt attacked and looked crestfallen. I don't think she'll leave, because if she does I fear that they'll bring in Tomi and I don't really think that would work at all. Tomi won't take it to heart, but she'll over talk everyone and steamroll the conversation.

MM really needs to try to loosen up and not just be the republican girl. Unfortunately, I think she's been told to be like this and she's being overly serious, when she can have fun.  I'm not going to say she needs to smile, but she doesn't look comfortable and it's coming through for all of us.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, mxmummy said:

Yes and I do not see why they would need to treat her with kid gloves nor do I think she expects them to but I'm sure she does expect to speak her point of view just as the others do.

Oh but she does get to speak her piece.  She talks and talks and talks and talks and talks.  To the point that I start screaming at the tv for her to shut up already.  I don't recall any iteration of panelists being quite so deferential to any of their peers.  They're usually shouting all over each other.  But not with this special snowflake.  She hardly ever stops speaking on her own.  Someone has to jump in just to get her to quit talking.

• Love 19

Commentators are having way too much fun saying Papadopoulos. Meghan can speak her piece and defend it if she can, but she's not going to be coddled like she would be on Fox. And when she deflects, she's not going to get away with it (thank you Joy, Sunny & Sara).

• Love 14

As for Halloween costumes, I wonder if Meghan will just come as herself. I could see it, partly because she has no sense of humor and partly because she's scary all by herself. Whoopi'll probably come in as a bag of leaves.

Meh, I don't find MM scary. But Whoopi as a bag of leaves, hilarious! I don't like Halloween, evey one on TV goes BSC!

• Love 2

I was really annoyed with MM today and the way she shut the topic down. And I assuredly do not want her to lecture me about the other side......especially when it is deflection. What a little twit. Ugh......I wish she would leave.

And tomorrow they will do their silly Halloween show and this huge breaking news will not be discussed. 

• Love 19
26 minutes ago, heart2hearttime said:

She strictly divides the world by party affiliation. As she said today "I'm just trying to explain my side of the aisle".  Instead of being part of a discussion, she comes across as being there to educate the liberals. "I'm trying to give you guys insight because I actually know Paul Manafort".  She has no respect for the experience (Joy), qualifications (lawyer Sunny), or for facts that anyone else has to present. I wanted to hear Sunny explain the indictments. Instead I got numerous inane distractions about Clinton and Obama. She has to realize she is no longer in the Fox bubble. There are other points of view. She is one of five. She deserves to speak 20% of the time, not to monopolize every political discussion.

It was that snotty attitude that she was there to explain to the others what was really going on and all she had was, "He's a bad guy." Great insight there, Meg. Let the adults speak now because you add zero to the conversation.

• Love 18
10 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Yes!!!  She was Megsplaning to us non politically connected, financially disadvantaged and uneducated working class folk.  She talked as if we should be grateful to her for taking the time to educate us poor folk.    

Yeah..Stop it, Meghan!  That's Baba Wawa's job!

• Love 10
2 hours ago, mxmummy said:

That's all fine and good but she can't hijack the conversation because she isn't comfortable talking about it and then pout when no one takes the bait.

• Love 15
48 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Yes!!!  She was Megsplaning to us non politically connected, financially disadvantaged and uneducated working class folk.  She talked as if we should be grateful to her for taking the time to educate us poor folk.    

I think you’re taking Meghan the wrong way. When she is saying that she is explaining the other side’s point of view, she means that most of them don’t know how the other side is seeing it. And she is probably right. The fact is - BOTH sides live in a bubble that is virtually impermeable. The View, along with pretty much 90% of mainstream media lives in the liberal bubble while Fox News and 90% of talk radio lives in the conservative bubble. If the situation were reversed and Hillary was in office and all this stuff was coming out about her connections to Russia, then you would see Joy, Sunny and Whoopi tripping over themselves and talking about Trump this and Trump that. That’s why Meghan is correct about her both sides assertions. I realize that some people don’t like to hear that, but it doesn’t make it not true.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, heart2hearttime said:

I remember MM before her Fox employment and she seemed like a reasonable young conservative who could both agree and disagree with stances of the republican party. That ability must have been squelched in her stint at Fox where there is no room for different points of view. 

I was thinking the same thing in an earlier post but you articulated it better.  I liked her in On the Road With Michael Ian Black.  I had no idea she was on Fox recently - wow what a change.

2 hours ago, thejuicer said:

I've always thought the addition of Meghan to the panel was a conflict of interest from the get go. It would be hard for the other panelists to comment on her father's politics truthfully with her there, and obviously her take would be biased. I'm always amazed at Meghan's willingness to defend Donald Trump, who personally insulted her father's service by mocking him and saying "he likes people who weren't captured". If DT said something like that about my family he'd be on my shit list for life.

Crazy, no?

• Love 7
On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 3:24 PM, TheGreenKnight said:

As for Halloween costumes, Whoopi'll probably come in as a bag of leaves.

Thank you, thank you for that laugh!!!!!   I needed it. 

• Love 7
30 minutes ago, backformore said:

I want Meghan to OWN her viewpoint.  Let Sunny talk about the indictments, and if Meghan has an opinion about the indictments, she can talk about that.    NOT "what about Hillary/Obama", and NOT "explain the other side" crap.   Just say her OWN opinion.  Stay on topic and say what you think.  The others are giving their own views, not saying what "liberals" think, they each own their opinions.   Meghan wants to be responsible for ALL conservatives, telling us what they think.  That's where she gets messed up.  All she has to do is present HER opinion, and not "let me explain what the other side thinks."   Nobody else on the panel is speaking for a side,  they're not representing anyone but themselves.   If Meghan is going to be successful on the show, she needs to learn why it's called "the view", and not "the other side." 

[Stands and applauds]

• Love 11
5 hours ago, thejuicer said:

I'm always amazed at Meghan's willingness to defend Donald Trump, who personally insulted her father's service by mocking him and saying "he likes people who weren't captured". If DT said something like that about my family he'd be on my shit list for life.

Exactly.  She may be a conservative and is supposed to represent that side. does it also mean she has to defend Trump no matter what he does or says?????

5 hours ago, mrbean5411 said:

If the situation were reversed and Hillary was in office and all this stuff was coming out about her connections to Russia, then you would see Joy, Sunny and Whoopi tripping over themselves and talking about Trump this and Trump that.

not so.  I would be disappointed if they did.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, maggiemae said:

And tomorrow they will do their silly Halloween show and this huge breaking news will not be discussed. 

Is the Halloween show live or pre-taped?

7 hours ago, backformore said:

I want Meghan to OWN her viewpoint.  

Jed did the same thing with her "some people" standard response. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, backformore said:

I want Meghan to OWN her viewpoint.  Let Sunny talk about the indictments, and if Meghan has an opinion about the indictments, she can talk about that.    NOT "what about Hillary/Obama", and NOT "explain the other side" crap.   Just say her OWN opinion.  Stay on topic and say what you think.  The others are giving their own views, not saying what "liberals" think, they each own their opinions.   Meghan wants to be responsible for ALL conservatives, telling us what they think.  That's where she gets messed up.  All she has to do is present HER opinion, and not "let me explain what the other side thinks."   Nobody else on the panel is speaking for a side,  they're not representing anyone but themselves.   If Meghan is going to be successful on the show, she needs to learn why it's called "the view", and not "the other side." 

The rest of the panel most certainly IS speaking for a side. Just watch the show. They are just repeating what they hear on MSNBC or CNN. It's know different from what Meghan is doing with Fox News.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, DB in CMH said:

Can we get Jed back? MM is beginning to inspire rage in me while I liked the dynamic from before. 

Same for me.  I thought the previous panel was the best in years.  I wonder who thought of MM to join them - I wonder if he/she is in danger of losing their job(s).

• Love 2
Just now, useryikes said:

Same for me.  I thought the previous panel was the best in years.  I wonder who thought of MM to join them - I wonder if he/she is in danger of losing their job(s).

Or they love it because it stirs things up and maybe translates to ratings. At least in the beginning when people are curious about the "new girl"

• Love 1

I recommend Whoopi wears that cinched toilet seat cover on a daily basis as we were blessed with only one 'welcome to The View!' Jeebus, MM related her costume to being Republican. She is such a killjoy even on a lighthearted Halloween show.

• Love 10

MM should colour her hair red, it looked good! LOL at Joy, she looked terrible, especially without her makeup. Whoopi, that's the best I have seen her in awhile! Turned it off, I don't like Halloween shows. The end.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I think Meghan has spent the majority of her life in a privileged little RED bubble called Arizona, and seeing wild applause for something that would be ignored or deflected in that little red bubble truly shocked her.

I'm also thinking there needs to be a corollary to Godwin's Law, that if you deflect any mention of wrongdoing by Team Trump by bringing up private citizens Obama or Clinton, you automatically lose the argument. In today's Washington Post, Jennifer Rubin (the Post's conservative columnist, btw) called it "whataboutism."

If Meghan can't put forth the conservative POV without throwing a tantrum, she doesn't need to be on this show. The GOP needs thoughtful, calm people to represent it right now. There are surely some out there. The View's audience suffered through Elisabeth, who couldn't put forth a logical defense to save her soul - poor silly thing - and became defensive and snotty, or played the victim, and eventually lost any purpose for being on the show. I for one am not willing to go through that little charade again with Meghan.

She makes me miss Jed (whom I didn't hate) and Nicolle Wallace (whom I like, even though I disagree with her). 

In today's news -- what did people think of the children's costumes? 

In particular, I'm asking about the little boy dressed up as Chris Christie on the beach. Hey, if that was the kid's idea, good for him. If not, if the show roped in some child actor or child model, I'm pretty angry. Because the kid was a little chubby, I kept wondering if he felt bad about wearing that costume.

Overall -- what a waste of an hour this episode has been. 

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

Turned it off, I don't like Halloween shows. The end.

Me too.

5 minutes ago, General Days said:

Overall -- what a waste of an hour this episode has been. 

Glad to see I didn't miss anything.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, mrbean5411 said:

The rest of the panel most certainly IS speaking for a side. Just watch the show. They are just repeating what they hear on MSNBC or CNN. It's know different from what Meghan is doing with Fox News.

Joy, Whoopi, and Sunny have all had careers before the View.  They bring their life experiences and knowledge to the View.  They don't need news sources to give them a point of view.  What did Meghan do exactly before becoming a "political ???? what is she exactly"?  If MM didn't have the daddy she has she would not be sitting at that table.  If she didn't have a father who was a Republican senator would she even have the political "views" she has?  At least with Joy, Whoopi and Sunny I believe their views are their views.  And I think Sarah is sincere as well.

Edited by susieq147
  • Love 18
52 minutes ago, susieq147 said:

Joy, Whoopi, and Sunny have all had careers before the View.  They bring their life experiences and knowledge to the View.  They don't need news sources to give them a point of view.  What did Meghan do exactly before becoming a "political ???? what is she exactly"?  If MM didn't have the daddy she has she would not be sitting at that table.  If she didn't have a father who was a Republican senator would she even have the political "views" she has?  At least with Joy, Whoopi and Sunny I believe their views are their views.  And I think Sarah is sincere as well.

I would also  add the previous hosts as well, especially, Meredith, Star, Rosie Perez, Rosie O'Donnell  and Nicole were not parroting talking points.  Even Baba Wawa had her own beliefs.  I may not have always agreed with them, but, these ladies were not solely defined by their political affiliations.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 16

As for monday's show, allow me to address the dread-wearing elephant in the room. That first segment spun way out of control and went on forever without a PEEP from the "moderator". To be fair, she had probably exhausted her voice from the "welcome to the view" bellowing, but Sara was the only real moderator that day.

• Love 11

I heard Meghan say today she chose to be "Red Riding Hood," since she's "the only Republican at the table."  If she's offended hearing other panel members or the studio audience disagree with her GOP points of view, producers should tell her, she's free to look for employment elsewhere.

• Love 13
54 minutes ago, Meatball said:

I noticed how quiet Whoopi was too. Not a peep from her after MM tried to derail the conversation. 

Why do we think this is?  I wondered if it is because she was given "orders" to go easy (hard to believe the Whoopster following them), because she knows MM will dig herself in with no help, because it makes for "must see teevee", or because she just lost track and couldn't think of anything to say.  Probably the last.

• Love 3