Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 10/30/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, honeydo7 said:

I heard Meghan say today she chose to be "Red Riding Hood," since she's "the only Republican at the table."  If she's offended hearing other panel members or the studio audience disagree with her GOP points of view, producers should tell her, she's free to look for employment elsewhere.

I thought she looked just fine, she knows shes the only GOP. 

7 minutes ago, honeydo7 said:

I heard Meghan say today she chose to be "Red Riding Hood," since she's "the only Republican at the table."  If she's offended hearing other panel members or the studio audience disagree with her GOP points of view, producers should tell her, she's free to look for employment elsewhere.

She said "the show's token Republican" which sounds worse.  It's like she resents it.  I really hope she leaves soon so I can start to watch again.  I can only watch a few minutes here and there.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:
2 hours ago, Meatball said:

I noticed how quiet Whoopi was too. Not a peep from her after MM tried to derail the conversation. 

Why do we think this is?  I wondered if it is because she was given "orders" to go easy (hard to believe the Whoopster following them), because she knows MM will dig herself in with no help, because it makes for "must see teevee", or because she just lost track and couldn't think of anything to say.  Probably the last.

Whoopi has been uncharacteristically kind and helpful to Megan since Day One...even to the point of sweetness and admiration.   Somethin's goin' on......................

• Love 15
22 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I think they need to rethink having a panel of four dems and one young republican, only because while I may not agree with the republican side they need someone who can properly articulate their talking points and won't get emotional when challenged.

I like this.  If the producers had chosen Ana Navarro over a young-ish very blonde with connections, it would have been made for great debates.  Ana is smart, articulate, quick-witted, fun, Republican, and KNOWS HER STUFF ! ! !

Edited by Former Nun
misspelled "ish"
  • Love 22
17 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

I like this.  If the producers had chosen Ana Navarro over a young-ish very blonde with connections, it would have been made for great debates.  Ana is smart, articulate, quick-witted, fun, Republican, and KNOWS HER STUFF ! ! !

They had a not quite youngish blond and her name was Nicole Wallace.

• Love 12
57 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Ugh! She drives me insane, her voice, that voice! Yuck

39 minutes ago, susieq147 said:

They had a not quite youngish blond and her name was Nicole Wallace.

Loved her!

1 hour ago, Former Nun said:

Plus, she is sane...

• Love 13

Did I miss the part in the fairy tale where Little Red Riding Hood rode about on a white horse?  I don't get it, and I doubt it was Meghan's idea.  

The Kids Costume Show:

Did Meghan trip Hillary on the way out the door?

Poor Viserion *sob*  The kid looked nothing like an ice dragon - more like a flying monkey from The Wizard of Oz. 

I, too, felt for the Chris Christie boy.  I'm glad they didn't bring out a little chubby girl in pearls.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I would also  add the previous hosts as well, especially, Meredith, Star, Rosie Perez, Rosie O'Donnell  and Nicole were not parroting talking points.  Even Baba Wawa had her own beliefs.  I may not have always agreed with them, but, these ladies were not solely defined by their political affiliations.

And this is the reason why having only one republican at the table, who is usually the young one, is such a mess. During the high times of the show, Meredith, Star, Joy, Lisa, and even Barbara, weren't regulated as the republican or the democrat. They all had opinions about things and it felt genuine. Whether they disagreed or agreed with one another didn't matter, what mattered was that their viewpoints were unique to them. After the Rosie/Elisabeth debacle, the show decided that they get more ratings by having a clear political divide. Instead, it ended up hurting the show more because the republican side never had a chance. Either they drop the whole political divide or they pick two republicans, two democrats and a neutral party so the discussions don't look so one sided and annoying, since MM can't handle a proper debate at this time.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, CheezyXpressed said:

And this is the reason why having only one republican at the table, who is usually the young one, is such a mess. During the high times of the show, Meredith, Star, Joy, Lisa, and even Barbara, weren't regulated as the republican or the democrat. They all had opinions about things and it felt genuine. Whether they disagreed or agreed with one another didn't matter, what mattered was that their viewpoints were unique to them. After the Rosie/Elisabeth debacle, the show decided that they get more ratings by having a clear political divide. Instead, it ended up hurting the show more because the republican side never had a chance. Either they drop the whole political divide or they pick two republicans, two democrats and a neutral party so the discussions don't look so one sided and annoying, since MM can't handle a proper debate at this time.

Amen! I wanted to highlight Star who is very liberal, but, had some very conservative views when it came to gender roles in a marriage. I remember people losing their minds over TWTP boards when she said that she intended to be submissive in her marriage. I remember we had some very spirited debates about gender roles in society.  Good times!  It is that type of nuanced debates that I miss on the view, before the Rosie/Elizabeth debacle..

• Love 5
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

Poor Viserion *sob*  The kid looked nothing like an ice dragon - more like a flying monkey from The Wizard of Oz.

And her name isn't Khaleesi!  (Pet peeve, sorry.)

• Love 3
19 hours ago, maggiemae said:

MM is basically being shredded on the view's FB and her twitter tonight.

The thing with FB is that the people commenting are insane, right winger trolls posting from St Petersburg.  I barely read the comments any more.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

And her name isn't Khaleesi!  (Pet peeve, sorry.)

And that picture was Drogon, not Viserion.

1 hour ago, General Days said:

Blame my candy overdose, but I'm not getting the little girl reference. 

Sarah Huckabee Sanders.  

• Love 2

Really enjoyed the Bush twins   I like Jenna   She is a good replacement for Hoda on the later today show    She seems more outgoing then her sister Barbara   

Thought Megan looked really better with the darker hair color.   Sonny’s costume looked good but uncomfortable as did Whoopi.   Did not love joys costume at all. 

7 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Why do we think this is?  I wondered if it is because she was given "orders" to go easy (hard to believe the Whoopster following them), because she knows MM will dig herself in with no help, because it makes for "must see teevee", or because she just lost track and couldn't think of anything to say.  Probably the last.

I do think she's been going easy on MM.  Question is, when does it stop?  She's a hard chick, she can take it heeeee

• Love 2
10 hours ago, General Days said:

She makes me miss Jed (whom I didn't hate) and Nicolle Wallace (whom I like, even though I disagree with her). 

In today's news -- what did people think of the children's costumes? 

In particular, I'm asking about the little boy dressed up as Chris Christie on the beach. Hey, if that was the kid's idea, good for him. If not, if the show roped in some child actor or child model, I'm pretty angry. Because the kid was a little chubby, I kept wondering if he felt bad about wearing that costume.

Overall -- what a waste of an hour this episode has been. 

I don't think so. He was smiling.  He brought down the house, the audience loved him!

On 10/30/2017 at 2:34 PM, mxmummy said:

I don't know why anyone would need to walk on eggshells around her. She should be entitled to speak from her point of view just as the others do. Or is that not how the View works?

Agreed.  But she's not giving it back

• Love 2
On 10/30/2017 at 2:59 PM, CheezyXpressed said:

I think they need to rethink having a panel of four dems and one young republican, only because while I may not agree with the republican side they need someone who can properly articulate their talking points and won't get emotional when challenged. Like, if Paula or Jed were discussing this it wouldn't feel like they were being ganged up on due to their lack of knowledge. MM didn't know what she was talking about and just rehearsing talking points, but felt attacked and looked crestfallen. I don't think she'll leave, because if she does I fear that they'll bring in Tomi and I don't really think that would work at all. Tomi won't take it to heart, but she'll over talk everyone and steamroll the conversation.

MM really needs to try to loosen up and not just be the republican girl. Unfortunately, I think she's been told to be like this and she's being overly serious, when she can have fun.  I'm not going to say she needs to smile, but she doesn't look comfortable and it's coming through for all of us.

I got it.  She needs to do a quick shot, either Tequila or Jack.  Right before she comes out the door to her chair.  It will warm her insides and maybe take the edge off a little

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

She was attempting (until she was interrupted) to simply read the indictments handed down by Robert Mueller, a registered Republican who was appointed by a Republican president.

And not merely interrupted...but loudly, incessantly, and rudely interrupted.  I think Megan has already determined her own levels of respect.

• Love 11
38 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

And not merely interrupted...but loudly, incessantly, and rudely interrupted.

I was so proud of Sunny for saying something along the lines of, now that we've discussed every deflection possible, can we finally talk about the biggest news of the day?

• Love 21
3 hours ago, tribeca said:

Really enjoyed the Bush twins   I like Jenna   She is a good replacement for Hoda on the later today show    She seems more outgoing then her sister Barbara   

Thought Megan looked really better with the darker hair color.   Sonny’s costume looked good but uncomfortable as did Whoopi.   Did not love joys costume at all. 

I admire women of a certain age willing to ugly themselves up ... Not the glamour route so many choose. The catapillar idea was cute.  I made a little Red Riding costume in my late twenties but no horse was involved. I'm surprised MM didn't have cleavage.  My ex went as big bad wolf in grandma's nightgown.  Good times. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I was so proud of Sunny for saying something along the lines of, now that we've discussed every deflection possible, can we finally talk about the biggest news of the day?

Yes, I'm glad Sunny reiterated it over and over. Sara felt sorry for her and said she wants to hear the nonsense she has to spew, but Sunny wasn't having it, thank God.

I didn't see the Halloween episode. Did she really dress up as poor, widdle Red Riding Hood? So pathetic.

• Love 4

I like Halloween shows...its fun to see people dress up.  I also fail to see why it's bad that adults dress up.  I dress up every year and go out. 

With that said, MM should think of darkening the hair...she looked good with that hair color.  I guess not all people are meant to be fun or be light hearted.  All the other women (minus Joy this year) had fun or sentimental reasons for picking their costumes.

• Love 3

MM said Angela Merkel wouldn't get re-elected because of immigration!!  Ahem ...

German elections 2017: Angela Merkel wins fourth term but protests erupt at surge of far-right AfD. Chancellor Angela Merkel clinched an historic fourth term in Germany's election on Sunday, but her victory was clouded by the hard-Right AfD party winning its first seats in parliament.Sep 25, 2017.

• Love 12
(edited)

MM has NO IDEA what political correctness is or what it means. Her description was of course all about her and how much attention she gets. She then tried to make it sound like she's a person who tolerates listening to others points of view which as we've seen has rarely been true especially on Monday.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 7

Because I had a crew of repairmen working at my house today , I  was only able to see the opening of the show & wanted to know if Ms. McCain had the nerve to agree with Trump's plan to halt all immigration?  I'll bet Pro-Isolationist, MAGA, Trump Loyalists will deny/dispute the fact that Native American Indian Tribes, lived here for years, before the arrival of any European explorers or colonists; and American Indians are the only Real, True, Americans..........while the ancestor's of all those NN/WN/WS's all came here from other continents/countries? 

• Love 7

Again, Whoopi chastises and mocks Sunny for rolling her eyes. If Whoops had a modicum of professionalism -- she'd address Sunny off air. Her disdain for Sunny is reaching Rosie levels. Meanwhile MM continuously rolls her eyes, huffs with her condescending attitude. MM is obviously miserable and her departure can't happen fast enough -- at least in my opinion.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

MM said Angela Merkel wouldn't get re-elected because of immigration!!  Ahem ...

German elections 2017: Angela Merkel wins fourth term but protests erupt at surge of far-right AfD. Chancellor Angela Merkel clinched an historic fourth term in Germany's election on Sunday, but her victory was clouded by the hard-Right AfD party winning its first seats in parliament.Sep 25, 2017.

I don't disagree with MM she opened the doors and vetting was minimal. People living in Germany were surprised she got in again.Voter turnout wasn't good,

As for putting up barriers so bike lanes are safe, the terrorist will just go elsewhere. We had an attack a month ago, he waited outside a football game, then mowed people down. I don't know what the answer is, I really don't. But being here, or the US for 7 Years, and laying in wait before they strike, is their MO.

The clip of Wendy Williams was odd, fainting on set like that.

Edited by NeverLate
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, Catnip said:

Again, Whoopi chastises and mocks Sunny for rolling her eyes. If Whoops had a modicum of professionalism -- she'd address Sunny off air. Her disdain for Sunny is reaching Rosie levels. Meanwhile MM continuously rolls her eyes, huffs with her condescending attitude. MM is obviously miserable and her departure can't happen fast enough -- at least in my opinion.

Nobody sighs , rolls their eyes or acts exasperated more than Whoopi. Anyone remember when she first started whenever on the couch and the discussion was something she found beneath her she  would slide down throw her arm over couch just to make it known she was bored.  BW was on that couch. I always found it so unprofessional and immature, that and having food in her mouth every day as she walked out. Class act. 

• Love 12

Btw, Whoopi was wrong when she said there are no moments to Hitler, one village in Germany has a bell, that still tolls for Hitler.  Its transcribed with his name. 

Kelly wasn't saying slavery was okay, he just mentioned Lee did other things. Of course slavery was wrong, but we learn from history, yanking monuments down, cuts off all our history , good and bad.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Jaded said:

sQqVKv4.jpg.b6147ae702958db06bde3c9283a99ee9.jpgZXwLkem.jpg.c49d3500db7b49bd0429159901767e72.jpg
IC35buR.jpg.97205282d65de33c6cb9e785f28f07ab.jpg

I am so sick of the word Maverick used in this way.  ** gag **  there is only one true Maverick...anyone? anyone? Bueller? Bueller?.....come on now.....Tom Cruise!  of course of course ☆

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Former Nun said:

And not merely interrupted...but loudly, incessantly, and rudely interrupted.  I think Megan has already determined her own levels of respect.

Her tone was what got me, so sharp.  I was looking away and man my head snapped back lol. so uncool.  Any sympathetic feelings I had are long gone. bitch.

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

Btw, Whoopi was wrong when she said there are no moments to Hitler, one village in Germany has a bell, that still tolls for Hitler.  Its transcribed with his name. 

Kelly wasn't saying slavery was okay, he just mentioned Lee did other things. Of course slavery was wrong, but we learn from history, yanking monuments down, cuts off all our history , good and bad.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/nazi-bell-germany-controversy-1.4287318

Yes, but it was kept secret and now that it has been revealed, it is being dealt with.

When they were talking about Robert E. Lee, MM was once again trying to school them, saying that this is Trump's brilliant strategy to throw red meat to the base.  She's not wrong, but she should drop the daily schooling.  And, the point the others were making is you cannot ignore these distractions either, and what they didn't say is, by discussing the facts, they may be schooling some of their viewers.  Too bad Whoopi is so inarticulate and also has to hog the entire conversation.

Same with when MM didn't want to talk about the Vegas shooting in comparison to the NYC shooting.  She is so annoying when she decides what they should or should not talk about.  Even when she is in agreement, she sounds like she isn't because she is trying to splain things to the rest of them.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, bannana said:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/nazi-bell-germany-controversy-1.4287318

Yes, but it was kept secret and now that it has been revealed, it is being dealt with.

When they were talking about Robert E. Lee, MM was once again trying to school them, saying that this is Trump's brilliant strategy to throw red meat to the base.  She's not wrong, but she should drop the daily schooling.  And, the point the others were making is you cannot ignore these distractions either, and what they didn't say is, by discussing the facts, they may be schooling some of their viewers.  Too bad Whoopi is so inarticulate and also has to hog the entire conversation.

Same with when MM didn't want to talk about the Vegas shooting in comparison to the NYC shooting.  She is so annoying when she decides what they should or should not talk about.  Even when she is in agreement, she sounds like she isn't because she is trying to splain things to the rest of them.

Whoopi was still wrong, just sayin

I disagree with what you said about MM, she's not perfect, but none of them are.

Edited by NeverLate
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Nobody sighs , rolls their eyes or acts exasperated more than Whoopi. Anyone remember when she first started whenever on the couch and the discussion was something she found beneath her she  would slide down throw her arm over couch just to make it known she was bored.  BW was on that couch. I always found it so unprofessional and immature, that and having food in her mouth every day as she walked out. Class act. 

Granted Barbara could be frustrating , but when Whoopi would slouch on the sofa and look towards the audience and roll her eyes, I thought her behavior was beyond disrespectful. Thanks to Barbara, Whoopi was making a handsome salary after being blackballed from the entertainment industry. 

• Love 9