Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 10/30/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday:
Pastor Carl Lentz, author of "Own The Moment"; “View Your Deal” with hot items at affordable prices.

Tuesday:
"Once Upon a View" Halloween celebration; "Curb Your Enthusiasm" actor and "The Book of Leon: Philosophy of Fool" author J.B. Smoove; actress Yvette Nicole Brown from "The Mayor"; Broadway’s "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" performs.

Wednesday:
"Day of Hot Topics."

Thursday:
 The Political View with Chris Matthews (author, "Bobby Kennedy: A Raging Spirit")

Friday:
The Political View with Keith Olbermann (author, "Trump is F*cking Crazy: (This is Not a Joke)")

Edited by Jaded

Too bad YNB and the Broadway performance couldn't have been on a different day...

As for Halloween costumes, I wonder if Meghan will just come as herself. I could see it, partly because she has no sense of humor and partly because she's scary all by herself. Whoopi'll probably come in as a bag of leaves.

• Love 4

I almost reached through my teevee to bitch-slap MM.  -   We have four other women at the table, speaking in complete sentences, using multi-syllabic words, and then we have the bleached blond trust-fund baby, sighing and rolling her eyes.  Bet she was stomping her feet under the table too, like all toddlers who throw hissy fits.  Me thinks Ms. MM has not been challenged much before in her ultra-privileged life.  Welcome to the real world, missy.

• Love 24

Go Sunny!  This is why I love her, she used facts to shut Meghan down.  She pushed back against her and would not let her use the talking point to distract us from the news today.  Meghan looked upset with the audience for expressing their glee about the news. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 23

We didn't hear anything about the indictments because MM threw a tantrum and kept trying to deflect to Hillary. I mean, I realize she can't defend her party but she needs to just sit there and let the adults talk. This is going to be a loooooong year.

• Love 23
Just now, Meatball said:

We didn't hear anything about the indictments because MM threw a tantrum and kept trying to deflect to Hillary. I mean, I realize she can't defend her party but she needs to just sit there and let the adults talk. This is going to be a loooooong year.

This!

• Love 11

These women are such a crap storm. If you say Obama or Clinton they start banging fists on the table and talking over each other throwing a fit. Grow up and let people talk uninterrupted. 

2 minutes ago, Meatball said:

I'm not so sure you were going to learn much from them anyway. Be patient, it will all come out.

• Love 1

I wish that when they say ..... "coming up next" .... the topic would actually come up next.  Can they not cover the topics shown on the right?  If not, don't show them, because a lot of times they are more interesting than the ones they cover.  I don't know what happened in the last 20 minutes, but I turned it off when the preacher came on.  What an annoying character.  

MM's outfit today actually looked fine, but the hair - still straw-like.

25 minutes ago, Meatball said:

This is going to be a loooooong year.

Are you thinking she will last the year?  LOL

• Love 10

As expected, MM spouted that typical GOP garbage insisting because Manafort & his Associate have been indicted for money laundering, she wants Hillary Clinton & President Obama indicted for their crimes, her illegal emails & his illegal uranium deal.  Wah, Wah!

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, May Jacks said:

I loved Sunny shutting down Ms. Both Sides, but Ms. rape rape, we don't know, we we're there is even more funny with her trying to rewrite her misogynist history. This woman who went on a tirade about the Cosby victims, asked what Rihanna did to warrant her own brutal beating, blamed a 14 year old for taking quaaludes and jumping in to a hot tub and asked the infamous but was it "rape rape" is now acting like the ultimate champion of women. And she still trying to not so subtly blame victims for not taking their own power and coming forward from the get go. I see you Whoopi. You are not fooling anyone.

Don't forget how she questioned Beverly Johnson about her accusations against Bill.  If that was not misogyny, I don't know what is. 

• Love 17

Meghan Trump  McCain did seem shaken at the audience reaction to the indictment news.

Whoopie gets more annoying everyday.  Between the million "welcome to The View"s and sneaking out stealing stuff during the Deal segment, now we have a 5 minute ad for her overpriced sweaters.  Stop. Just stop.

• Love 17

Drag her, Sunny! So grateful they stopped kissing the little rich girl’s ass. She especially deserved to be raked over the coals for her “both sides” bull. And I’m grateful Whoopi shut up and let Sunny speak uninterrupted.

But Joy and Sara were also great. Sara, in particular, bringing up the convenience of them deflecting to Hillary when indictments start coming down.

• Love 22
11 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Whoopie gets more annoying everyday.  Between the million "welcome to The View"s and sneaking out stealing stuff during the Deal segment, now we have a 5 minute ad for her overpriced sweaters.  Stop. Just stop.

Did Whoopi ever mention if any of the profits go to charity?  I'm just curious.

Sunny was en fuego today.  And it was glorious.

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Drag her, Sunny! So grateful they stopped kissing the little rich girl’s ass. She especially deserved to be raked over the coals for her “both sides” Bull BULLSHIT.

Hope you don't mind, but I corrected your last word!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Did Whoopi ever mention if any of the profits go to charity?  I'm just curious.

Sunny was en fuego today.  And it was glorious.

I didn't hear anything about any of the profits going to charity but I assume Whoopie's daughter will benefit from sales.

• Love 15
18 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I used the FF on the start,then  Pastor ? came on, so I used the FF on him. Very disappointed in Kevin Spacey, hiding under the rainbow, not cool! 

The sneaking the deal stuff, stupid. The sweaters I used the FF. All told the show was 10 minutes, if that.lol

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, Meatball said:

Sure. A huge news story broke this morning but we should really be discussing what's going on with Obama and Clinton because that's the only thing Republicans like MM have when their ship is sinking.

MM is spouting the WH script, b/c that's exactly what Sarah Huckabee Sanders is dishing out in today's press conference.

• Love 16
55 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

I used the FF on the start,then  Pastor ? came on, so I used the FF on him. <snip>

The sneaking the deal stuff, stupid. The sweaters I used the FF. All told the show was 10 minutes, if that.lol

I highly recommend doing just this if you haven't watched the show yet today.

55 minutes ago, honeydo7 said:

Maybe the new gal will call in sick tomorrow, then try & get back in the good graces of Fox News.

You aren't in possession of a genie in a bottle by any chance, are you?  Because I'd love your wish to be his command. 

This is definitely not the right venue for pampered little MM.  I'm getting the vibe that no-one has even looked at her cross-eyed before; she cannot take being verbally challenged and that eye-rolling today was positively junior high - with apologies to all junior high kids everywhere.

• Love 18
25 minutes ago, maggie263 said:

Did I miss something?  Did they say Kathy Griffin was going to be a guest?

She was supposed to be a hot topic which they didn't get to because of the preacher (yuk - why?).  I was wondering what they would say about her.  Shut up, Kathy - is my opinion.

1 hour ago, useryikes said:

She was supposed to be a hot topic which they didn't get to because of the preacher (yuk - why?).  I was wondering what they would say about her.  Shut up, Kathy - is my opinion.

Kathy put out a ten minute video yesterday, but I haven't watched it and don't know what it's about. Still and all, I think she's hilarious and when she drags Trump I applaud.

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 5

I would get one of Whoopi's sweaters if they did not have those stupid designs on the front.  I am a very tall girl and I like that they are very long.  The length of women's tops these days are so short that they look like crap on me.  Unfortunately, when I do find top that are long enough they have some tacky designs all over the front. 

I loved Sunny's take down of MM bullshit talking points.   

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, useryikes said:

I loathe that woman. She has no boundaries, she's not funny. I'm okay they didn't get around to her. Although ,with my ff I likely would have missed her blather

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

For your viewing pleasure 

Agree that Meghan was coached with the WH/GOP talking points. "But, but what about Hillary?" Did the Papadopoulos guilty plea news break after the show? He's cooperating - so maybe a few more indictments or guilty pleas are coming down. 

And Meghan needs to stop stroking her hair

THIS & it was informative to watch the video because I missed some of the back & forth!!  (Thanks.)

• Love 5

Ugh! The rolling of the eyes, the sarcastic "you don't need to hear any insights from me" comment is just a flashback to Elisabeth days. Too childish and I liked Jed. MM was a mistake. There is no chemistry with her at all imo.

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, hudsbee said:

MM was a mistake. There is no chemistry with her at all imo.

Absolutely none.  ( And no chem with the viewing public either, I'd venture. )  They should all chalk it up to a bad experiment and just cut her loose.  It doesn't appear that any of them are happy with her, and she sure as hell doesn't look thrilled to be there either. 

2 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

MM is far too thin-skinned, spoiled, and uninformed for this show.  She expects the room to fall silent as she shares her wisdom

You've summed up the problem beautifully in that sentence, and I'm seeing your air quotes around the word wisdom.  ?

• Love 17