Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 10/30/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, susieq147 said:

He sounds like a real winner.  Not.

Ben D. appears regularly on Face The Nation, on their political panel.  He's kinda hot when he lets the stubble grow.  Honestly, I figured he played for my team. If he is truly not a gayboy, he could do way better than MM.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
7 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Instead of a RED MEAT drinking game, why don't we all just mimic throwing meat at our televisions?

And ruin a good piece of meat along with my teevee? Hush your mouth!

6 hours ago, HoboClayton said:

OOPS!  This is a mistake.

Nobuddy's puttin' my meat in a corner either!  

Edited by Former Nun
Clicked on something in error. I'm answering GHScorpiosRule...

I work on my laptop while I have the TV on in the background, so I do a lot of pausing the DVR. Sometimes it's inadvertently funny. Today Meghan tried to deflect the conversation about Trump cronies lying under oath by bringing up Assad and Putin and various refugee crises and oh, I don't know, the smell of fresh-baked bread, and Whoopi stopped her with the statement: "Russia's all over everything, and the person's who's in, the buck stops with the guy who's got the gig. Your dad taught me that, the buck stops with the guy who's got the gig."

And this is the very face that Meghan made at that perfectly placed zinger:

Megan.jpg

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 23

Meghan seems to accept that trump's campaign conspired with Russia.  BUT she thinks that Hillary's campaign (legally) paying an investigator to discover the information on trump is somehow WORSE.

Investigating the collusion with Russia is WORSE than collusion with Russia?  

Didn't jed use her engagement to explain why she left The View?   And now Meghan announced HER engagement?   Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..

• Love 14

If you haven't heard Nicole Wallace's take down of a Trump surrogate's using the same talking points as Meghan, go over to the Former Hosts- Professional Life thread for the link.  It's glorious.

• Love 12

No, Joy, I don't need a president that smiles and dances. The revisionist history of President Obama is funny too. I remember him getting slammed for being aloof and "elitist. :/

And of course these dumb broads screw up the the dnc non-scandal crap. Hillary won more votes. The whole discussion what so stupid. Joy and her stupid 'bernie woulda won' when he can only win white caucus states was particularly maddening. Both sides McCain was feverish with glee to spread more lies and pile on with more "!both sides!"

Sunny being willfully dumb about her "friend". Sara being ignorant. Whoopi being her usual hot air, gasbag self. Too much stupid. 

None of them actually know what happened with the dnc and it showed. HRC paid debts for the dnc  and fixed it, gave it money and other dems money. What is wrong with these people peddling the news? I'm exhausted

It took a man, Keith Olbermann, to bring some sense. Good grief. 

This meghan mccain is trying to take over the entire show with her self righteousness. Now I'm gong to say what I thought I'd never say. I miss Jedidingding. Damn.

• Love 13

Whoopi says to Sunny, "Why are you pursing your lips at me?" Whoopi is such a Bitch!  Joy gave Sunny a look like "here we go again!"  I always believed they changed the seating arrangement to separate the two. I'm out if Sunny bails or is fired due to bully Whoopi! 

Edited by Catnip
  • Love 19

I'm so tired of MM's grandstanding while attempting to make every topic about her. It's her problem that she's letting Drumpf's tweets invade that much of her life. Now she's thanking Keith for licking her butthole by apologizing which calmed her down. (Sorry for the visual there.)

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Catnip said:

Whoopi says to Sunny, "Why are you pursing your lips at me?" Whoopi is such a Bitch!  Joy gave Sunny a look like "here we go again!"  I always believed they changed the seating arrangement to separate the two. I'm out if Sunny bails or is fired due to bully Whoopi! 

I took that look to be in regards to Meghan’s daily tantrum. I really don’t  notice the Whoopi/Sunny thing. 

8 minutes ago, Catnip said:

It was a direct slam at Sunny. 

Whoopie's hatred of Sunny reminds me of how she used to go after Paula and Rosie. I am really tired of this. Why do they allow her to get away with that.   Today is Friday, why is she on today? is it because it is sweeps.

Sunny is clearly over Meghan McCain.  Why must Megan always give soliloquies to shut down  discussions that she finds to be distasteful. It is tiresome at this point.  She gets annoyed when people have another point of view that contradict hers.  She reminds me of Whoopie. 

Another thing that irritates me is that you can be against an unjust war like the Iraq war and still have lots of love for the troops. I hate it when people like Meghan McCain does this.  

I love Keith Olbermann.  I could have watched him for the whole hour. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 23
9 minutes ago, Catnip said:

It was a direct slam at Sunny. 

I was talking about the look Joy gave. The one I noticed was when Meghan started crying about Keith Olberman. I also noticed Sunny saying snidely to Meghan, “*I* asked the question”.  Which is fine with me because MM is annoying as hell.  But Kitty’s got claws of her own. I don’t see her being bullied by anyone.

Edited by Jewlmc
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Jewlmc said:

I was talking about the look Joy gave. The one I noticed was when Meghan started crying about Keith Olberman. I also noticed Sunny saying snidely to Meghan, “*I* asked the question”.  Which is fine with me because MM is annoying as hell.

Megan McCain was not letting Keith answer her assertions that he was somehow against the troops for calling out the Iraq War.. Sunny tried to get her to shut up and she made a snide remark to Sunny and Sunny in turn told her that she was the one that asked the question..

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Megan McCain was not letting Keith answer her assertions that he was somehow against the troops for calling out the Iraq War.. Sunny tried to get her to shut up and she made a snide remark to Sunny and Sunny in turn told her that she was the one that asked the question..

Yes I know. Sunny can handle herself.

Edited by Jewlmc
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Why must Megan always give soliloquies to shut down  discussions that she finds to be distasteful. It is tiresome at this point.  She gets annoyed when people have another point of view that contradict hers.  She reminds me of Whoopie. 

That's why I previously stated I believe Whoopi and MM are cut from the same bolt of cloth. Maybe that's why there's such a lovefest between the two. 

• Love 12
32 minutes ago, Catnip said:

I think thats what Whoopi is aiming for, its getting more and more noticable 

Today is Friday, why is she on today? is it because it is sweeps.

I'd like to know that, I enjoy my Friday without Whoopi!!!

• Love 11

MM needs to dial it down if she is so exhausted. I really dislike her stating that her and Whoopi are aligned in finding common ground which insinuates the other co-hosts want America to fail. Her reasoning is absurd and she cannot even find middle ground in her arguments.  I would prefer to listen to Jed who had grey areas in her arguments and didn't take everything to extremes.

Between Whoopi being incredibly rude to Sunni and MM being defensive on everything, I'm out.

• Love 8
Just now, mxmummy said:

What was Olbermans answer on the reason he finds Trump crazy?

I think it was that Trump is a sociopath and because he shows a different face depending on who is with and what they want to hear.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, hudsbee said:

I really dislike her stating that her and Whoopi are aligned in finding common ground which insinuates the other co-hosts want America to fail.

There's more to this "alignment" than we know...yet.   Whoopi is being uncharacteristically (understatement) kind to and agreeable with Ms. McCain.   I'm sure the shoe (some oddly fabulous shoe) will drop soon enough.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, May Jacks said:

No, Joy, I don't need a president that smiles and dances. The revisionist history of President Obama is funny too. I remember him getting slammed for being aloof and "elitist. :/

And of course these dumb broads screw up the the dnc non-scandal crap. Hillary won more votes. The whole discussion what so stupid. Joy and her stupid 'bernie woulda won' when he can only win white caucus states was particularly maddening. Both sides McCain was feverish with glee to spread more lies and pile on with more "!both sides!"

Sunny being willfully dumb about her "friend". Sara being ignorant. Whoopi being her usual hot air, gasbag self. Too much stupid. 

None of them actually know what happened with the dnc and it showed. HRC paid debts for the dnc  and fixed it, gave it money and other dems money. What is wrong with these people peddling the news? I'm exhausted

It took a man, Keith Olbermann, to bring some sense. Good grief. 

This meghan mccain is trying to take over the entire show with her self righteousness. Now I'm gong to say what I thought I'd never say. I miss Jedidingding. Damn.

Bernie won Hawaii, which is incredibly diverse by a 70-30 result. 

The point isn't whether or not Bernie should have won/lost.  Could Hilary win?  Of course.  She could have won the primaries even without the shenanigans (which makes it even worse).  The main point is the fact that the DNC is supposed be a neutral moderator during the primaries, and they weren't.  Donna Braziile leaked questions to Hilary's campaign before a debate.  There was voter suppression in several democratic primary states (Nevada was one).  They limited the number of debates to just 6 debates (wheras the republican party had around 20...which is about the same amount that the democrats had in 2008), which helps candidates with bigger name recognition (So it also stacks the deck against Jim Webb, Mike O Malley, and Lincoln Chafee).

Not to mention that there are a lot of structural issues with the DNC.  A lot of closed-primary states.  New York just had a deadline for the Democratic Primaries for 2018 election last week, which makes 0 sense if you want more people interested in your party (And the fact there are more people who consider themselves independent than democrats).  The use of superdelegates is incredibly undemocratic, and is used to push or stop momentum.  The DNC chair (Tom Perez), just kicked out everyone on his team that was a Bernie supporter or a Keith Ellison supporter.    

Whoopi is so annoying.  She always acts like she's the expert.  When clearly the other panelists are a lot more knowledgeable than she is.  

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, seltzer3 said:

Whoopi is so annoying.  She always acts like she's the expert.  When clearly the other panelists are a lot more knowledgeable than she is.  

She is a dumbass and that is why Sunny intimidates her so much.  Sunny has a tough skin and is able to withstand her constant attacks, unlike Rosie O.  Paula got a kick out of making Whoopie crazy and I am forever thankful for that.. Megan realized quickly that appealing to her ego and flattery will keep her on her good side. I remember on her first day., she referred to Whoopie as the Queen of the view, with Joy, the only original host there. Whoopie beamed like she got her Academy Award all over again..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 19

I'm sick to my stomache from the self proclaimed political analyst who obviously is not mentally or emotionally   strong  enough  for such an important position.   She sits there with squint eyes and sealed lips then tears up and can't even hear what Keith was saying which resulted in him having to apologize  to calm her the Hell down.   She reminds me very much of Bitsy with no BW lap to crawl on to.  She just doesn't have a stroller with a fLag  attached or kids she can make red white and blue star cookies with.   She  is dispicable for standing behind Trump in anyway after what he has said about her father. 

Good one Whoopi ending the program telling us to be kind to one person. She ought to try not being so obvious in her dislike for Sunny. That would be professional. 

• Love 20

Ugh. seemed like MM was trying to be more friendly the first segment or two......until Olbermann. Hey Strong Women - don't cry and play the service card. BTW, why didn't you enlist? And try to pull WG into it? Then Olbermann makes a good comment about her Dad and GW.......and she settles right down after she shuts her open mocking mouth.

I am having so much trouble accepting her.

• Love 17
9 minutes ago, seltzer3 said:

Bernie won Hawaii, which is incredibly diverse by a 70-30 result. 

The point isn't whether or not Bernie should have won/lost.  Could Hilary win?  Of course.  She could have won the primaries even without the shenanigans (which makes it even worse).  The main point is the fact that the DNC is supposed be a neutral moderator during the primaries, and they weren't.  Donna Braziile leaked questions to Hilary's campaign before a debate.  There was voter suppression in several democratic primary states (Nevada was one).  They limited the number of debates to just 6 debates (wheras the republican party had around 20...which is about the same amount that the democrats had in 2008), which helps candidates with bigger name recognition (So it also stacks the deck against Jim Webb, Mike O Malley, and Lincoln Chafee).

Not to mention that there are a lot of structural issues with the DNC.  A lot of closed-primary states.  New York just had a deadline for the Democratic Primaries for 2018 election last week, which makes 0 sense if you want more people interested in your party (And the fact there are more people who consider themselves independent than democrats).  The use of superdelegates is incredibly undemocratic, and is used to push or stop momentum.  The DNC chair (Tom Perez), just kicked out everyone on his team that was a Bernie supporter or a Keith Ellison supporter.    

Hawaii was a caucus, it wasn't a primary.  Most if not all of the states that had both a primary and a caucus HRC won the primary and turn out for the primaries were much larger than the caucuses in the same states. Caucuses in and of them selves voter suppression. HRC won handily.  Democratic primaries should be closed to democrats. The rest of this is not true. The debate question especially is an egregious lie cooked up by Tad Devine probably.

It's hard to know what is off topic when the hot topic was discussed. I had a comment deleted even though I was responding to another post. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, useryikes said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5042899/The-View-host-Meghan-McCain-engaged-Ben-Domenech.html

I was trying to insert the photo of MM and her father.  She is very attractive with no makeup.

She looks so much better with her hair darker too. The platinum blonde look makes her look like a Fox bimbo.

Today she and Sunny got into it. It was Joy who interrupted it. The moderator just sat there. Why was she there on a Friday anyway!

• Love 10

If they can't discuss a topic accurately I would rather they just skipped the topic entirely.  It's one thing to offer their opinions on things but when they put forth information as facts and they have it wrong it does a huge disservice to the viewers.  And if there are people watching the View to get the news we are in deep trouble.

• Love 14
On 03/11/2017 at 0:57 PM, susieq147 said:

If they can't discuss a topic accurately I would rather they just skipped the topic entirely.  It's one thing to offer their opinions on things but when they put forth information as facts and they have it wrong it does a huge disservice to the viewers.  And if there are people watching the View to get the news we are in deep trouble.

I agree! Although often the news seems to want to insert its views into a story. I don't read twitter, or get my news from SM. I hop around, and I really do read all sides. I've come to the conclusion, not one party is all wrong, and not right. I no longer know where I sit. Its quite depressing. I'd like a little of each party rolled into one. I didn't think Keith was right when he said Trump caused more damage than OBL, and yet I got his analogy, after 9/11 the country grew closer, now the divide is even stronger. It's not just the US though, its all over the world.

On 03/11/2017 at 11:20 AM, May Jacks said:

Donna Brazile is on twitter backpedaling, which makes today's show look even more ludicrous. And Whoopi and Joy say people get the news from them?! God help them. 

Well that makes it look worse. If you have a position, or you know what you wrote to be true, stand by it !

Edited by NeverLate
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, May Jacks said:

Donna Brazile is on twitter backpedaling, which makes today's show look even more ludicrous. And Whoopi and Joy say people get the news from them?! God help them. 

Why is it ludicrous to report on the news what every agency was reporting at the time?  If Brazile is backpedaling on what she said in a published book, it's not The View's fault.

Whoopi also got snarky when Sunny was trying to get somebody to answer her question and Whoopi finally said, "Would somebody please answer her question?"  And then both of them stopped talking and Joy took over.  I wonder if the producers were telling them in their ears to calm their jets.

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 4

I wish Sunny had shut Meghan down when she said “This has nothing to do with Russia or Trump!” with the fact that just four days ago she was screaming about Hillary and Obama when 3 people connected to Trump’s campaign were indicted. How convenient she chooses now to be strict about what the topic of the moment is.

Keith Olbermann sipping his cup while Meghan was melting down over his Trump-Osama comment made me burst out laughing. She's so ridiculous. She's constantly talking about the "breakdown in democracy," but only ever uses it to describe someone or some statement from the Left that she wants to demonize.

6 hours ago, May Jacks said:

I agree. But I wasn't really surprised by Joy since she's on the Bernie train, but Sunny was disappointing. She could've at least mentioned some of the facts (like Bernie being offered to fund the DNC, for example). At least Joy made sure to emphasize that even Brazile said nothing was illegal.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, maggiemae said:

I am having so much trouble accepting her.

I can totally understand.  But you know what, (I have to give the good as well as the bad)  but the last two days, Fri & Thurs MM has had a calmness about her.  Am I imagining things?  When she spoke, she tried to keep it shorter.  I didn't hear any shrill defensenessI do think she's starting to get it.

• Love 2

I don't see why the Brazille revelation is a hot topic anyway. It's old news.  It was revealed more than a year ago that the DNC was doing all it could to favor Hillary. Debbie Wasserman Schultz resigned because of this. So why all the pearl clutching now?

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Paula got a kick out of making Whoopie crazy and I am forever thankful for that..

It was also great to see a tiny smile/smirk on Paula's face when she knew she got the better of Whoopi.  I disagree with most of Paula's social/religious proclamations, but I thought she was always a calm and intelligent presence.  Pretty too.   I miss having her on the show more often.

2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Megan realized quickly that appealing to her ego and flattery will keep her on her good side. I remember on her first day., she referred to Whoopie as the Queen of the view, with Joy, the only original host there. Whoopie beamed like she got her Academy Award all over again..

The camera catches Megan looking to Whoopi often.   Girlfriends.  Help me!  Remember our private talk?  Agree with me?    All kinds of messages flow from her eyes.

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I don't see why the Brazille revelation is a hot topic anyway. It's old news.  It was revealed more than a year ago that the DNC was doing all it could to favor Hillary. Debbie Wasserman Schultz resigned because of this. So why all the pearl clutching now?

It is a way to distract from Mueller's methodical investigation.  I loathe Donna Brazile for writing this and reopening old wounds.. This will depress Democratic/Independent votes in certain elections next Tuesday. Thanks a lot, Donna! 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Why is it ludicrous to report on the news what every agency was reporting at the time?  If Brazile is backpedaling on what she said in a published book, it's not The View's fault.

Whoopi also got snarky when Sunny was trying to get somebody to answer her question and Whoopi finally said, "Would somebody please answer her question?"  And then both of them stopped talking and Joy took over.  I wonder if the producers were telling them in their ears to calm their jets.

It’s how they did it without actual facts.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Silver Raven said:

They were reporting what Brazile said.

And? They can discuss what she said and insert facts. This isn’t hard to do. Joy Reid does it every weekend. I don’t want to get off topic but the whole discussion  about the joint agreement was botched. DWS wasn’t even wanted by HRC Obama kept her on. She is Obama’s/Biden loyalist. The discussion about rigging was fact free. This has been out there for a year. The dnc favored the democrat but they don’t have any influence on how people vote. It’s all insipid.

Edited by May Jacks
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Ohboy said:

Sunny is the one who made the snide remark. Sunny said that Trump's motivation was destroy America under her breath. Does she honestly believe that? Yikes.

Sunny was responding to Meghan attacking Keith with "Osama was trying to destroy America!!" by pointing out that many feel the same way about Trump, who actually holds power in this country unlike Osama Bin Laden. 

• Love 11

The last few days, I had started to think Meghan was settling into her job.  She seemed less combative and I was very encouraged that she might eventually mesh with the other ladies at the table.  What a switch when KO came out.  Meghan was actually rude to him.  She's the co-host of the show and she was rude to a guest.  She could have spoken less caustically and still gotten her point across.  If I were him, I'd cross The View off my list of promotional appearances.

• Love 8