Type keyword(s) to search

Nicole & Azan: Supersize My Tagine

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, RealReality said:

LOL, I love how all of Nicole's plans need qualifiers like "highly likely" or "probably" or "potentially."

I don't think the word "potentially" is in her vocabulary

• Love 1
2 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

And you know Nicole would have him deported if he did not consummate the marriage.

There will never be a marriage.  I would not put it past Azan to get her to the alter then back out.

PS - I drove through Bradenton, FL today.....no sign of Purple Manatee.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 6/12/2019 at 11:16 AM, RealReality said:

LOL, I love how all of Nicole's plans need qualifiers like "highly likely" or "probably" or "potentially." He is going to have to go into the moroccan witness protection program if/when he breaks up with Nicole, but I get the impression that it might up be those glasses with attached plastic nose and mustache.

It’s like she has one of those Magic 8 balls and she’s rigged it to only give vaguely optimistic answers . 

No amount of disguise will help unless he does something with that brillo pad he has on his head. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 6/13/2019 at 11:11 AM, doyouevengohere said:

If you want to laugh follow @maysblackbook on IG.  It's hysterical satire told from the viewpoint of May.  The real Nickel got mad and responded also.

I don't blame Nicole for being upset it just is unfair to her child.  But that is the problem you are going to have in this day exploiting your kids on a TV show - they rely on you as a parent for so much but most of all to protect them and that's where these parents really fail IMO.....and not just Nicole.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, endure said:

I don't blame Nicole for being upset it just is unfair to her child.  But that is the problem you are going to have in this day exploiting your kids on a TV show - they rely on you as a parent for so much but most of all to protect them and that's where these parents really fail IMO.....and not just Nicole.  

Exactly, Nicole should be upset about it and if she were self aware she would realize that this sort of thing happens when you allow your kids to be on a tv show about your own bad choices.

• Love 6

How does this moron watch herself and not realize she’s coming off like a simpleton? Was she the kind of kid who kept touching the stove even after being burned 10x?

Who encourages their child to call some random computer talking head “daddy”.

Why does everyone except stepdad pussyfoot around her? Put a stop to the couch surfing. She’s 25 with a child. Get a job and an apartment, a car, health insurance, put your kid in school, like everyone else has to do. Pay your own way. When there’s no money to send to Morocco, you’ll be shocked how fast Azan ghosts her. No more whispering sweet nothings in her ear while she giggles and rubs her thighs together imaging Her World  is on mommy’s foldout couch with her and then running to Western Union the next morning her chubby cheeks still aglow. Her sister must work, her brother if not in school should be too, why is she special? Let her take May and leave, that’s kind of tough to do with no car, no money, no job.

Stepdad needs to tell Robalee,  she’s not just free to show up on her terms and her timetable, with no job and no way to contribute to the household, she’s using us to fund this fantasy and I’m tolerating her smart ass comments when it’s me being taken advantage of. If she goes to Morocco and doesn’t get married this time, she’s NOT staying here. Once married she’s Azan’s problem. No marriage she’s on her own.Either way the gravy train is over. 

• Love 17
46 minutes ago, iwasish said:

How does this moron watch herself and not realize she’s coming off like a simpleton? Was she the kind of kid who kept touching the stove even after being burned 10x?

Why does everyone except stepdad pussyfoot around her? Put a stop to the couch surfing. She’s 25 with a child. Get a job and an apartment, a car, health insurance, put your kid in school, like everyone else has to do. Pay your own way. When there’s no money to send to Morocco, you’ll be shocked how fast Azan ghosts her. No more whispering sweet nothings in her ear while she giggles and rubs her thighs together imaging Her World  is on mommy’s foldout couch with her and then running to Western Union the next morning her chubby cheeks still aglow. Her sister must work, her brother if not in school should be too, why is she special? Let her take May and leave, that’s kind of tough to do with no car, no money, no job.

Stepdad needs to tell Robalee,  she’s not just free to show up on her terms and her timetable, with no job and no way to contribute to the household, she’s using us to fund this fantasy and I’m tolerating her smart ass comments when it’s me being taken advantage of. If she goes to Morocco and doesn’t get married this time, she’s NOT staying here. Once married she’s Azan’s problem. No marriage she’s on her own.Either way the gravy train is over. 

I agree with everything you wrote! I wonder if Production is encouraging her enablers to dumb it down for drama on the show. Her brother is fantastic, love him; he is always trying so hard not to laugh when she goes on a tangent about her love fantasy with Azan. The stepdad isn't putting up with her shit - "how's the storrrre, Nicollle?" always cracks me up. I wonder why the mom is being so wishy-washy.

• Love 9

Nicole's mother has had a stroke prior to Nicole being on this show.  I imagine she can't take anymore stress from Nicole b/c I'm sure Nickel has stressed her poor mother out.  I guess Robalee just coddles her b/c she can't fight with her anymore.  She obviously wants to have May in her life even if it means putting up with Nicole.  Stepdad should be more protective and lay down the law- May can stay here; you can't unless you have a full time job or are in school.  At least Robalee stuck to her guns about NOT sponsoring Azan; Nicole worked on her dad until he said yes.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, doyouevengohere said:

Nicole's mother has had a stroke prior to Nicole being on this show.  I imagine she can't take anymore stress from Nicole b/c I'm sure Nickel has stressed her poor mother out.  I guess Robalee just coddles her b/c she can't fight with her anymore.  She obviously wants to have May in her life even if it means putting up with Nicole.  Stepdad should be more protective and lay down the law- May can stay here; you can't unless you have a full time job or are in school.  At least Robalee stuck to her guns about NOT sponsoring Azan; Nicole worked on her dad until he said yes.

I missed that about Robalee! How sad. Idk how all these people are ok with Nicole floating between their homes/sofas and girl doesn't even have a damn job! And going on trips all over the world to boot! Living in their homes for free, while they foot the bill for her use of utilities, food, etc. Maybe I am old school but my parents would have kicked me to the curb. At 18, I had a choice to get full time employment, school, or (ideally) both, and seek out my own place too. Isn't Nicole 25ish? And quite literally living in the mindset of a 13 year old.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

...girl doesn't even have a damn job! 

So instead of going to an employment agency, why didn't she sign up with Uber or something?  She DOES have the mentality of a 12-year-old:  "I want what I want, and I don't have to work for it, and someone else has to give it to me, with MY rules."

• Love 8
(edited)
17 hours ago, iwasish said:

Bolding mine:  Tiffany of Tiffany and Felon Ronald fame.  

Your post is spot on.  Nicole, you are how old?  You need to be working, in school or both.  Get on your parents insurance if you still can, if not get on the equivalent of Minnesota Care.  Enroll your child in kindergarten and PREPARE HER FOR SCHOOL.  THAT IS YOUR JOB, not chasing a guy who is clearly not into you all around to Grenada, South Korea and Morocco.  I mean what the holy hell?

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 8
On 6/19/2019 at 12:35 AM, doyouevengohere said:

Simple solution to not fighting with her daughter - don't be around her.    "Sorry Nicole but for my own health I cannot care for you anymore."    Then she needs to block her on her phone and from all social media.    Trust me, when the gravy train runs out and she has to care for Mae all on her own, Nicole will change her tune.   For awhile at least.    The key is to be consistent.   Don't presume Nicole has changed for good and go back to giving in to her tantrums, etc.    As long as Nicole acts like a functioning adult who needs a little assistance (free daycare for Mae while Nicole works or is in school is fine), you help out.   The minute she is back to being a bratty child, you kick her out again.   Rinse, repeat until even Nicole gets a clue.

Getting off reality tv will help too.   I doubt her Mom and Stepdad need the paycheck they are getting from TLC.    If they don't agree to be on tv, there goes a lot of Nicole's storyline.   If Nicole doesn't have the reality tv paycheck and Mom and the rest of the family cut her off, she will have to come up with another plan.   

• Love 15

I, for one, wonder if we will ever see Azan again.  (Even he must question whether TLC's money is worth putting up with the ever-enlarging cow. ) 

If we don't.......will there be any point of seeing the purple baby Huey? I'm lost on the storyline as it has now been what? 3 seasons or 4....and they are no closer to a wedding.  What is the point? 

As for all the concern about Mae......she has a substantial family that does not appear OVERLY concerned which is more than I can say for most children who take a back-seat to their parents' obsessions.  Granted, it cannot be good for her psychological health but if it truly that bad, then her family can present the case to the department that handles child-abuse. They may not take the child away (doubtful they would as she does not appear in physical harm) they very act of them being involved and a file created just might spark some changes. Since no one is doing that.......

Baby Huey needs her nose slapped. Why the entire family gives into her tantrums is beyond me.  Let her roll on the floor screeching and pounding until she turns blue. It's what you do with little kids who throw a tantrum......(just warn the neighbors beforehand). Perhaps when she finally doesn't get her way she might just begin to grow up. ...and for heavens' sake STOP SUPPORTING HER WIDE ASS!  Make it clear she has 2 weeks to get a job to support herself or her rations are cut (she could afford to miss a few meals). Oh, and she has to pay room and board of AT LEAST equal to what she sends to Azan. 

........and now, I'll get off my soapbox...............

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
3 hours ago, happy hobo said:

I, for one, wonder if we will ever see Azan again.  (Even he must question whether TLC's money is worth putting up with the ever-enlarging cow. ) 

If we don't.......will there be any point of seeing the purple baby Huey? I'm lost on the storyline as it has now been what? 3 seasons or 4....and they are no closer to a wedding.  What is the point? 

As for all the concern about Mae......she has a substantial family that does not appear OVERLY concerned which is more than I can say for most children who take a back-seat to their parents' obsessions.  Granted, it cannot be good for her psychological health but if it truly that bad, then her family can present the case to the department that handles child-abuse. They may not take the child away (doubtful they would as she does not appear in physical harm) they very act of them being involved and a file created just might spark some changes. Since no one is doing that.......

Baby Huey needs her nose slapped. Why the entire family gives into her tantrums is beyond me.  Let her roll on the floor screeching and pounding until she turns blue. It's what you do with little kids who throw a tantrum......(just warn the neighbors beforehand). Perhaps when she finally doesn't get her way she might just begin to grow up. ...and for heavens' sake STOP SUPPORTING HER WIDE ASS!  Make it clear she has 2 weeks to get a job to support herself or her rations are cut (she could afford to miss a few meals). Oh, and she has to pay room and board of AT LEAST equal to what she sends to Azan. 

........and now, I'll get off my soapbox...............

This is the big question.  Nicole is not smug and snarkworthy without azan.  She is just sad.  And therefore uninteresting 

He is the lid to her pot....the sonny to her Cher....the peanut butter to her jelly ...

I hope they send her (ALONE) to morroco on an azan hunt.

As for may, I think so much damage can be done before the state gets involved.  

• Love 6
9 hours ago, happy hobo said:

This is so true. And I keep saying regarding Nicole, that I do watch because it's sure good drama  but I feel more and more with her (and Azan?) that it is just sad.

I think her family is wise to it all, and she is just really, as my beloved late mom used to say, "simple". That was her terminology for people who were not mentally retarded, and considered functional, but really challenged.

I see Nicole being more articulate and conniving which shows more intelligence, but overall, she seems to be simple. I guess she believes and holds on to what she wants to happen, but it's just showing more and more that she is not intelligent and maybe? not competent??

• Love 7

Things I ponder!  If Nicole was savvy enough to get some fellow to cheat on Azan with then surely there would be hope for a husband in her own town!

Azan ain't all that!!!  She IS simple and I think very much enabled to play the fool by her mother!

I also suspect mom and step daddy own the trailer and that's why she's allowed to park there.  It's a mess.

• Love 3

I was looking through youtube videos today on Nicole and Azan.  Before you judge me, it is kinda rainy here today and I was bored.  

I found a clip from there first season and May is like, 2 1/2 years old!!!  It was striking how much time has passed.  My hubby once made a comment, "90 Days?  Aren't they like 900 Days by now?"  It was really true!

Azan:  "I just always wanted a wife who would go to the gym and be healthy."  And be thin and Muslim, too, right, Azan?

They are not showing up on tonight's episode's description!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I found this picture in an article about the crazy kids on this show. It is from way earlier in their "relationship". Neecole has really packed on the pounds since then! She is about twice this size now.

AZAN.PNG

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

I found this picture in an article about the crazy kids on this show. It is from way earlier in their "relationship". Neecole has really packed on the pounds since then! She is about twice this size now.

Between that chocolate chunk muffin in front of her and the not-black-coffee drink, she's got more than a half-day of recommended calories there.  And this isn't a meal - just a snack.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Between that chocolate chunk muffin in front of her and the not-black-coffee drink, she's got more than a half-day of recommended calories there.  And this isn't a meal - just a snack.

I agree she looks so much bigger now.  To be that heavy while still in your early 20's is just not healthy.  It is not healthy for anyone but she strikes me (heck she IS) such a la la la whatever kinda girl she just does not care.  And Azan, for his many faults, is also trying to CHANGE her which is super unhealthy.  

On the episode that airs 6/30, it is uncomfortable to watch the two of them, even on the phone as it is obvious that Azan is just not in to her and she is trying to make him love her/want her/desire her.  And he doesn't.  At all.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I agree she looks so much bigger now.  To be that heavy while still in your early 20's is just not healthy.  It is not healthy for anyone but she strikes me (heck she IS) such a la la la whatever kinda girl she just does not care.  And Azan, for his many faults, is also trying to CHANGE her which is super unhealthy.  

On the episode that airs 6/30, it is uncomfortable to watch the two of them, even on the phone as it is obvious that Azan is just not in to her and she is trying to make him love her/want her/desire her.  And he doesn't.  At all.

Trying to drastically change someone’s personality after you start dating them is unhealthy, but all Azan’s done is encourage an obese girl to be healthier. 

And I totally agree...that FaceTime call was super awkward and cringe. She almost seemed giddy at the thought of being stared at in the Moroccan market bc of her purple hair. Ugh. She will have bald spots and thinning hair by the time she hits 35. And by that time we will see her on “My 600lb Life” still cyber stalking Azan.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, LeeluDallas said:

And by that time we will see her on “My 600lb Life” still cyber stalking Azan.

Some will do anything to keep that TLC check coming. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, LeeluDallas said:

Trying to drastically change someone’s personality after you start dating them is unhealthy, but all Azan’s done is encourage an obese girl to be healthier. 

No I totally get you and agree.  I just feel (and this is just me, lol) that a mate's "job" is not be weight loss coach/healthy lifestyle coach, etc. unless they are asked.  Nicole never asked, he needs to stop asking/badgering her.  Nicole will never change unless she gets a panel back from the doc saying she is in danger and even then......I doubt that would even change.  She is in la la land all around.

• Love 4
On 6/25/2019 at 4:20 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

No I totally get you and agree.  I just feel (and this is just me, lol) that a mate's "job" is not be weight loss coach/healthy lifestyle coach, etc. unless they are asked.  Nicole never asked, he needs to stop asking/badgering her.  Nicole will never change unless she gets a panel back from the doc saying she is in danger and even then......I doubt that would even change.  She is in la la land all around.

Azan is a fitness buff. He claims to be a personal trainer. Before he agreed to get serious with Nicole he told her she would have to try her best to lose weight before he would find her attractive. If knowing this and agreeing to work out, diet etc..and still gaining another 100+ lbs since they first “met”, Nicole now puts him in the position of having to be her “weight loss coach”. So she asked for it by getting involved with someone who was pretty clear how he felt about her size. If she never plans to lose weight for him at least she could work on her health for May. You are right tho, she lives in a constant state of denial that will only come down around her, IF her parents STOP ENABLING HER. 🤦🏼‍♀️ Her love for Azan is really only desperation driven by lust and her ego being fed (semi celebrity/hot guy wants to marry me...really he does...I swear)

• Love 3

I was goofing around on youtube last night and found the clip when they first met.  It aired the fall of 2016!  This has been going on for three years!!!  It really is 900 Day Fiance for these two.

oh my god wtf GIF

• Love 4
Just now, winsomeone said:

Since Nicole and Azan are not married, and he has never been here on a visa and can make money in the US, why isn't TLC paying Azan his share of the show directly I wonder?

From what I have read online, TLC can legally only pay US residents/citizens, and in the case of Nicole, her dumb ass sends every dime she gets to Azan. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

Since Nicole and Azan are not married, and he has never been here on a visa and can make money in the US, why isn't TLC paying Azan his share of the show directly I wonder?

Because he can't legally get a paycheck in America.    Even though he is not here, it is a US company.    He has to have the legal right to be paid by them.  

Not saying Nicole should behave like Ashley and hold the money over his head.   But honestly she could say something like "I'm banking it for our future baby."   Then if there is no future with him (what do I mean IF), she still has the money.    

• Love 1
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

Because he can't legally get a paycheck in America.    Even though he is not here, it is a US company.    He has to have the legal right to be paid by them.  

Not saying Nicole should behave like Ashley and hold the money over his head.   But honestly she could say something like "I'm banking it for our future baby."   Then if there is no future with him (what do I mean IF), she still has the money.    

I think if she keeps the money he will just refuse to do the show.  More and more he seems uninterested in filming, so he may be done anyways.  In which case she may as well just keep the money because I don't think she is really interesting without him and so TLC may finally drop her.

And I'd welcome it, because I think she is getting a little too big for her britches.....demanding that filming is done, being secretive and so on and so forth.  If she wants her private life back that's awesome.  She can have all her privacy back and see what it's like without a TLC paycheck.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I don't think she is really interesting without him...

That's my nomination for "Understatement of the Year Award."  Although - to be honest - she's not even interesting WITH him.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, AZChristian said:

That's my nomination for "Understatement of the Year Award."  Although - to be honest - she's not even interesting WITH him.

You are right - she is dull with or without him.  And I say that as someone who had friends (no one close) back in my early 20's who were hung UP on a guy and had zero interests outside of him.  None.  Macrame, knitting, hiking, art, karate, guitar....PICK SOMETHING!  When you biggest point of conversation is talking about Azan.....well you need to go to the library and read up on some hobbies!  I would find Nicole boring to be with because to listen to her yammer on about Azan would be borderline painful:

Me:  "So have you seen Rocketman?  I did and it was excellent!"

Nicole:  "Yeah, no, Azan is not into movies."

Me: "I tried this new pulled pork recipe!  Here, let's cook it together and have dinner!"

Nicole: "Nah, Azan does not eat pork."

Me: "Have you watched The Dirt on Netflix?  It was REALLY GOOD!"

Nicole:  "No, Azan found the topic inappropriate so I skipped it."

(Gotta admit, I DID see Rocketman, have a great pulled pork recipe and loved The Dirt!!!)

But when every! single! thing! goes back to him......whew - exhausting!!

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
(edited)

Someone on another thread said a prison inmate would be good for Nicole.

Pros:  Endless letters about how much she means to him.  

Cons:  No physical touching

Biggest Con:  (yes that was a pun) is Nicole would STILL be putting a douchebag above May.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

She could do a crossover with Love After Lockup.  

Okay, I LOVE that show.  We recently cut the cord and went to Hulu....they don't have WE.  Crisis!  I found a FC group that loves that show, people livestream it through FB.  Praise Jesus!

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

We recently cut the cord and went to Hulu....they don't have WE.  Crisis! 

Same here, we just switched to Hulu too and it's the first time I don't have WE!  I can usually find the new episodes on YouTube the morning after they air on tv.

• Love 2
On 7/2/2019 at 5:10 AM, SevenCostanza said:

Same here, we just switched to Hulu too and it's the first time I don't have WE!  I can usually find the new episodes on YouTube the morning after they air on tv.

Hulu here, also.  Don't miss cable AT ALL.  I can usually find anything I want elsewhere.  And I get my baseball games!

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/1/2019 at 7:42 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Okay, I LOVE that show.  We recently cut the cord and went to Hulu....they don't have WE.  Crisis!  I found a FC group that loves that show, people livestream it through FB.  Praise Jesus!

Philo has it and every other TLC/WeTV trainwreck available ($16/month).  

Drawback = Philo does not have Bravo, which Hulu does.  

I think we all knew that there was no way Nicole and May were going on a trip to Morocco.  Assin' didn't even bother to FaceTime with her on that call.  He was probably just placating her until the TLC paycheck for this season came through and then bounced on her (again).  Not that I blame him.  She's the epitome of dumbass.  

I wonder if he'll even bother to put in a satellite appearance on the tell all.  I believe it was last season when he ghosted TLC and Nicole and they never did get a hold of him.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 3

We pay for the full package on Philo and do the lowest priced package on HULU (no live tv; but we get most live tv through philo )- so it covers all my shows for much less than Verizon fios.

At this point Nickel hasn't been to Morroco or seen Azan in person in well over a year.  On this show she kept saying she expected them to be married by summer.  It's summer now and she still hasn't seen him or gotten married.  Honestly, if he keeps stringing her along it's the best possible situation for May in a way...... Nickel isn't out jumping from guy to guy locally and bringing them into May's life.  Sure she's wasting money should could and should be spending on May, but her money was never going to go to helping May anyway.  Nicole probably keeps herself at home and somewhat present instead of out chasing men b/c she's "spoken for" and May has a somewhat stable life with grandma and her uncle and aunts.  There are no strange men coming in and out of May's life while Azan keeps the Nickel beast at bay.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
20 hours ago, Gigglepuff said:

Yes, but are you acceptable to him? 

I like to think so, yes!  As he jokingly says to me:  "You're still here, aren't you?"  (Not a ringing endorsement, but he is always ribbing me.)

6 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

At this point Nickel hasn't been to Morroco or seen Azan in person in well over a year.  On this show she kept saying she expected them to be married by summer.  It's summer now and she still hasn't seen him or gotten married.  Honestly, if he keeps stringing her along it's the best possible situation for May in a way...... Nickel isn't out jumping from guy to guy locally and bringing them into May's life

That is a good point about Nicole.    I also think Azan is getting tired of Nicole and waiting for May to get enrolled in kindergarten as that will limit her (hopefully) visits to Morocco.  Oh who are we kidding?  She will put her in before and after school care, have Robbalee take care of her in the evenings.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 5
On 6/20/2019 at 8:31 AM, merylinkid said:

Simple solution to not fighting with her daughter - don't be around her.    "Sorry Nicole but for my own health I cannot care for you anymore."    Then she needs to block her on her phone and from all social media.    Trust me, when the gravy train runs out and she has to care for Mae all on her own, Nicole will change her tune.   For awhile at least.    The key is to be consistent.   Don't presume Nicole has changed for good and go back to giving in to her tantrums, etc.    As long as Nicole acts like a functioning adult who needs a little assistance (free daycare for Mae while Nicole works or is in school is fine), you help out.   The minute she is back to being a bratty child, you kick her out again.   Rinse, repeat until even Nicole gets a clue.

Getting off reality tv will help too.   I doubt her Mom and Stepdad need the paycheck they are getting from TLC.    If they don't agree to be on tv, there goes a lot of Nicole's storyline.   If Nicole doesn't have the reality tv paycheck and Mom and the rest of the family cut her off, she will have to come up with another plan.   

My guess is that they're afraid that Nicole will completely not care about or take care of May if they don't take care of them both.  

• Love 1