Type keyword(s) to search

Nicole & Azan: Supersize My Tagine

• Start Topic

That stupid, flippant, infuriating, arrogant,  SMIRK. I feel like it’s a character unto itself! Piercing, seething, hate consumes me when I see that thing paired with “we’re getting meeaahhhriieeed” combined with her idiotic shrugs “I dunnn knooowww” when Robalee asks her anything. The line “if you want to put it THAT way” (lying about the store) sent me straight for the liquor cabinet. 

I’d mentioned in an episode thread that she reminds me of a cousin of mine which accounts for my visceral reaction. Couch-surfing, lazy, stupid, free-loading, rude, lying, smart ass shit for whom the family bends over backwards. My cousin doesn’t have anyone in another country, but she is exactly the type. 

Go away.

• LOL 3
  • Love 13

Nicole’s sister must  have asked her to pay rent, that’s why she move back to her mom’s. She said she and May were staying rent free so she could save money for the trip to Morocco. That is what needs to stop. Nothing in life and free. It’s not Robalee’s job to fulfill Nicole’s foolish decisions. She’s already returned from chasing one guy with a full belly, and now they are subsidizing another folly. It stops now. What she does with her money after she pays rent, buys food, car, insurance and makes sure May is taken care of, is her business. But no more freebies from the family and that includes babysitting. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
45 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Nicole’s sister must  have asked her to pay rent, that’s why she move back to her mom’s. She said she and May were staying rent free so she could save money for the trip to Morocco. That is what needs to stop. Nothing in life and free. It’s not Robalee’s job to fulfill Nicole’s foolish decisions. She’s already returned from chasing one guy with a full belly, and now they are subsidizing another folly. It stops now. What she does with her money after she pays rent, buys food, car, insurance and makes sure May is taken care of, is her business. But no more freebies from the family and that includes babysitting. 

I agree completely. But that would mean Robbalee would have to grow a backbone, which at this late stage may be difficult (or damn near impossible) for her to do. Robbalee has been enabling Baby Beluga her whole life and knows by now it’s easier to just give in than to put up with the tantrums she throws when she doesn’t get her way. Plus Robbalee will do anything for May and Baby Beluga is ruthless about using May as a pawn. 

Both of them need intensive psychological counseling. Stat.

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, Miss Chevious said:

I agree completely. But that would mean Robbalee would have to grow a backbone, which at this late stage may be difficult (or damn near impossible) for her to do. Robbalee has been enabling Baby Beluga her whole life and knows by now it’s easier to just give in than to put up with the tantrums she throws when she doesn’t get her way. Plus Robbalee will do anything for May and Baby Beluga is ruthless about using May as a pawn. 

Both of them need intensive psychological counseling. Stat.

But pissing 6k away with nothing to show for it, would be the final straw for me. May or no May. Let stepdad Joe be the bad guy and tell her no more free rides. You want to chase Azan, then you do it after you pay the expenses that everyone else in the family has to pay.  There’s nothing special about you that exempts you from paying your own way in life. 

• Love 17

Nicole's mother has flexi-boundaries with her daughter and instead of helping her, continues to enable her. Cutting her off isn't that easy, especially with May being a poor pawn in this mess.

I agree that if Nicole has a job, her own place, and is independent, what she does with any extra money is her business and if she wants to go to Morocco, knock herself out. Maybe she can grow some objectivity and write down exactly what 'her world' has ever done for her in terms of making time to spend time with her, wanting her in Morocco, helping her out, etc. Relationships are give and take and I think that Nicole does all the giving - at least financially. Time for Azan to pay some emotional bills.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

But pissing 6k away with nothing to show for it, would be the final straw for me. May or no May. Let stepdad Joe be the bad guy and tell her no more free rides. You want to chase Azan, then you do it after you pay the expenses that everyone else in the family has to pay.  There’s nothing special about you that exempts you from paying your own way in life. 

I agree, and if I could accommodate it, I would say "Sure May can stay here.  But not you.  You are a grown ass woman, go take care of yourself."

Robalee reminds me a bit of my own mother.  She loved her three grandsons equally, that was never in doubt.  But there was something about my sister's son (I have the other two) that she just could. Not. Say. No.  Ever.  He would make VERY bad decisions and she would bail him out, help him out, pay him for stupid shit chores around her house, allow him to live there and sleep till 2pm on the couch, etc.  Against the wishes of his mom but that is a story for another day.  She was generous with a lot of people but with him........another league.   I love my nephew - a lot - but I was like what the hell?

• Love 5
(edited)

Nicole's sister just got married (one of them) and she's very pretty.  She and Nicole have the same face, but the sister takes care of herself and is a nurse.  She and her new husband look like what Nicole and Azan would look like if  they were normal.

Also Nickel just asked strangers to gift her sister something for her wedding.  Personally I think Nickel is hoping someone does and it's really for her b/c she knows no one would send her anything.  No one should send her sister anything either and her sister seems like the kind of person to be horrified by this.  Someone brought up on reddit that Nickel probably can afford to get them anything so she's doing this as her "present"

ETA: She turned off comments and took off the begging, so either her sister complained or she got snowed in the comments.

People are also speculating that it is possible that she used her sister's pictures to catfish Azan so he really was surprised about how big she was when he met her.  They do look enough alike in the face for this.

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

People are also speculating that it is possible that she used her sister's pictures to catfish Azan so he really was surprised about how big she was when he met her.  They do look enough alike in the face for this.

I love this theory! In many of Nicole's pictures, she has a very pointy chin like Taylor's, maybe she photoshopped them to look more like her sister so she could post Taylor's body instead of hers. I'm glad to see the purple hair is gone and she's gotten a short bob hairstyle. 

• Love 3

I think Nicole probably used her own pictures to attract Azan, but they were old pictures. I don’t think Nicole has ever been small, but she was significantly smaller than she is now, prior to having May. Her pre-pregnancy photos resemble her sister’s present day photos. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Isn’t the sister who is a nurse the one Nicole was living in the trailer with?  I can’t keep up with this chick nor her timeline.  She couldn’t wait to show Assin and Morocco her purple head yet she’s no longer purple and no longer planning on blessing him with her presence. I need closure on this. 😉 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

Do you guys ever think azan was attracted to Nicole?  I had assumed their relationship was always sort of scammy and transactional.....he got money and she got a guy who was out of her league (even though I don't particularly find a attractive)

I'm not sure what the end game was for either of them...I'm sure Nicole wants to physically be with azan in a location of his choosing, but it's been a little unclear to me whether azan ever wanted to be in the US or if he just wanted Nicole's barrista money.

That money for the store was all hers right? Besides the $500 azan claims he contributed.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Do you guys ever think azan was attracted to Nicole?  I had assumed their relationship was always sort of scammy and transactional.....he got money and she got a guy who was out of her league (even though I don't particularly find a attractive)

I'm not sure what the end game was for either of them...I'm sure Nicole wants to physically be with azan in a location of his choosing, but it's been a little unclear to me whether azan ever wanted to be in the US or if he just wanted Nicole's barrista money.

That money for the store was all hers right? Besides the $500 azan claims he contributed.

Of course, he was attracted to her. But only like....55%. 😉😉

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, RealReality said:

but it's been a little unclear to me whether azan ever wanted to be in the US

Oh he wanted to be in the US.   Once he got citizenship, he can bring the rest of the family over.    It's not a long or easy process, but its pretty much how its done.   He was always going to scam her for money too.    That's why he picked a vulnerable woman who would fall for any line.    He got the money sent to him, plus eventually the ticket to America.    Nicole was not the only fish he was dangling the bait to.   She just bit the hardest.   

Then he met her in person and just could not go through with it.   He is still stringing her along while fishing for someone else to get him that golden ticket to the Promised Land.   The money helps him in Morocco while he doesn't work so he has time to fish for other suckers.

• Love 10

In the very beginning, he was a much better actor. My gaydar still pinged big time but he seemed to be more shy and tender with her and even meeting her the first time (at least what I remember) he was still sweet to her. 

More recently though, he really is not hiding his disdain.

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, mayvenne said:

In the very beginning, he was a much better actor. My gaydar still pinged big time but he seemed to be more shy and tender with her and even meeting her the first time (at least what I remember) he was still sweet to her. 

More recently though, he really is not hiding his disdain.

Totally true. He is almost begging her to ditch him at this point and she is not catching on at all. I cringe watching her all smug and smiling about him while he makes it perfectly clear, verbally and non-verbally, that he has zero interest in her. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, merylinkid said:

She just bit the hardest. 

And refuses to let go.  Can you imagine he at the wedding for her sister?  "Yeah this is a beautiful day for her, but soon it will be MY day with Azan!"  Azan this, Azan that......I wonder if her sister knows that Nicole asked for money for them.  Tacky, Nicole, tacky.

• Love 8
On 7/13/2019 at 11:54 AM, magemaud said:

All I can think of is a ventriloquist and her dummy (although they're both dummies!) 

Nicole, when you weigh twice the size of your "boyfriend" - don't pose like that.  Very unfortunate angle!

"Our love will conquer the world"?  What are you, 12?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

I noticed in her last call to him, his name on her phone is no longer “My World”, it’s just simply “Babe”

It seems he has been downgraded. 

Edited by iwasish
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Oh he wanted to be in the US.   Once he got citizenship, he can bring the rest of the family over.    It's not a long or easy process, but its pretty much how its done.   He was always going to scam her for money too.    That's why he picked a vulnerable woman who would fall for any line.    He got the money sent to him, plus eventually the ticket to America.    Nicole was not the only fish he was dangling the bait to.   She just bit the hardest.   

Then he met her in person and just could not go through with it.   He is still stringing her along while fishing for someone else to get him that golden ticket to the Promised Land.   The money helps him in Morocco while he doesn't work so he has time to fish for other suckers.

Couldn't have said it better!

1 hour ago, iwasish said:
4 hours ago, magemaud said:

I recall she's always had two phone screen names, Babe and My World. 

One for good news, one for bad news?

or one for mysterious "family emergencies" and one for all other ridiculous excuses? 

• LOL 3
5 hours ago, magemaud said:

or one for mysterious "family emergencies" and one for all other ridiculous excuses? 

I saw another "thing"on her phone, like an inspirational saying.  It was something like "Live your best life alone, then you can be with others" or something that Nicole does the opposite of, every damn day.

I said this in another thread:  I have zero sympathy for Robalee.  You let her live there, rent free to save money?  Enabler, line 1.

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Anyone know what excuse Assan gave to Nickle for her to cancel the tickets !?!?!?

We weren't told. In the preview for the Tell Nothing, the host asks Asshat why, his answer has to wait until next week.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Gobi said:
4 hours ago, greekmom said:

We weren't told. In the preview for the Tell Nothing, the host asks Asshat why, his answer has to wait until next week.

I suspect they’ll dangle this carrot over our heads until Part 2 of the Tell All. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
Just now, Mrs. Hanson said:
50 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I suspect they’ll dangle this carrot over our heads until Part 2 of the Tell All. 

Until the last two minutes of the Part 2 of the Tell All.

after we suffer through a 15 minute recap of their Journey of Love and countless commercials for "S'Mothered", "Kate Plus Date" "Marrying Millions" and all the 90 Day permutations (and hopefully Princess Toast) 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Nicole is into quilting now, b/c her mother quilts and teaches classes.  TLC tweeted that mother Robalee taught Nicole to quilt in hopes that if she ever got to Morroco she would have a way to make money- make and sell quilts.  I mean, Nicole could do that now (etsy shop) but chooses not to.  It's hard to make money on etsy, but Nicole could do it especially with all the exposure she has.  Yet another wasted opportunity for her.  Just kick her out mother Nickel, let her sink or swim but it's her choice.

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, doyouevengohere said:

Nicole is into quilting now, b/c her mother quilts and teaches classes.  TLC tweeted that mother Robalee taught Nicole to quilt in hopes that if she ever got to Morroco she would have a way to make money- make and sell quilts.  I mean, Nicole could do that now (etsy shop) but chooses not to.  It's hard to make money on etsy, but Nicole could do it especially with all the exposure she has.  Yet another wasted opportunity for her.  Just kick her out mother Nickel, let her sink or swim but it's her choice.

Nicole working at anything other than marrying Azan is highly unlikely.

• LOL 5
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

I'm sure Morocco has many quilters who are better equipped than Nicole.  But I agree that would be a great side hustle stateside. 

She could just sell them on Facebook/Instagram/whatever (I imagine Etsy charges a fee, and I only go there if I really need to be there).

I wouldn't buy one, but she must have some sort of fan base who will.  She doesn't need to make giant quilts since those have limited use and cost lots of money, she can make small accessories.  Hats, headbands, change purses.  It's a fairly easy way for people to show their support without spending a mint AND it's not a GoFundMe.

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I'm sure Morocco has many quilters who are better equipped than Nicole.  But I agree that would be a great side hustle stateside. 

She could just sell them on Facebook/Instagram/whatever (I imagine Etsy charges a fee, and I only go there if I really need to be there).

I wouldn't buy one, but she must have some sort of fan base who will.  She doesn't need to make giant quilts since those have limited use and cost lots of money, she can make small accessories.  Hats, headbands, change purses.  It's a fairly easy way for people to show their support without spending a mint AND it's not a GoFundMe.

As someone who sews a lot (and quilts) it is REALLY hard to make money doing this kind of stuff.  A lot of the people who sell stuff really only do it to get the money to feed their habit.  (Or just want an outlet.)  Most people won't want to spend a lot of money on hats, headbands and change purses so she either has to use really cheap materials or make something so simple anyone could do it.  Spending over an hour making something where you MIGHT end up "clearing" a dollar is not the way to fame and fortune.  And if you guess wrong and people don't want your design you've wasted all the money on materials.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
24 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

As someone who sews a lot (and quilts) it is REALLY hard to make money doing this kind of stuff.  A lot of the people who sell stuff really only do it to get the money to feed their habit.  (Or just want an outlet.)  Most people won't want to spend a lot of money on hats, headbands and change purses so she either has to use really cheap materials or make something so simple anyone could do it.  Spending over an hour making something where you MIGHT end up "clearing" a dollar is not the way to fame and fortune.  And if you guess wrong and people don't want your design you've wasted all the money on materials.  

I've spent a pretty penny on some quilted items, so it was only my experience I was basing it on.  I have a tendency to buy things that look cool but I never use.  It's really aspirational purchasing, and it's possible I'm the only one doing it.  

It's good to have the view from someone who has actually done this. 

I would have maybe thought that her fans would prefer to show their support by buying a quilted chotski for like $5-$15 that Nicole gets the profit from instead of outrageously overpriced lularoe leggings that she probably loses most of the profit on.*

*- no offense meant to those of you who love lularoe leggings but they are comparatively expensive IMO.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I've spent a pretty penny on some quilted items, so it was only my experience I was basing it on.  I have a tendency to buy things that look cool but I never use.  It's really aspirational purchasing, and it's possible I'm the only one doing it.  

It's good to have the view from someone who has actually done this. 

I would have maybe thought that her fans would prefer to show their support by buying a quilted chotski for like $5-$15 that Nicole gets the profit from instead of outrageously overpriced lularoe leggings that she probably loses most of the profit on.*

*- no offense meant to those of you who love lularoe leggings but they are comparatively expensive IMO.

Not to get too far off topic but those beautiful quilts sold by Amish women will easily have over $100 in fabric alone (assuming they got a REALLY good deal and bought it on sale - most of the time it's quite a bit more than that.)  Depending on how fast you sew putting a couple hundred hours  (or more) in is definitely not unheard of.  While I definitely agree most MLM sellers end up losing money crafters only really make good money if they can get a following or a reputation (kind of like - how much would you pay that really talented person next door to paint a picture of your dog.)

• Love 2
(edited)

I think any sort of MLM or making and selling stuff COULD work for her b/c she has a BIG HUGE following.  But she's so lazy that she won't put in the work to make it work.  To be a seller with a huge social media following (for anything) you could do well, but you have to be focused on that.  She couldn't do it; she has no drive and just wants stuff without working for it.  She was given a gift by TLC in terms of followers and she just couldn't do it in terms of Lularoe or anything.  I hate Lularoe and MLM's, but the girls I know that have made it  work in the past were  out there hustling- they had a lot of followers, they did give a ways, they did prize night things or fun social media things to get people interested and in buying their crap they had 'parties" online and off, they styled IG pictures to make you want the crap they shill.  It's not one of those things you can just sit on the couch and talk to your world and expect it to happen.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, iwasish said:

Nicole’s doppelgänger (sans purple hair) is on Jeopardy tonight!!!

Well we know it is a doppelganger as the real Nicole and Jeopardy don't exactly mix.

"Alex, I will take American History for 100."

"What is the name of our first president?"

Nicole:  "Who is Azan?"

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

Nicole is into quilting now, b/c her mother quilts and teaches classes

I need new glasses because I read this as QUITTING then I realized she’ll never quit Azan 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, RealReality said:

This has got to be a manufactured storyline.   There is no way any sane person thinks NICOLE of all people can go to another country with their own traditions and sell  homemade items.   

Also as others have said, this is not a way to make anything more than "pin" money.   You aren't supporting yourself as this.    The ones who support themselves sell patterns, have YouTube videos (used to be on cable access channels with shows) and travel the country teaching.   That takes A LONG TIME to get to that point.    I'm trying to get my quilt website up and running.    Just to get the quilts out of the house.    What I spend in fabric alone, if I sold a quilt I don't even make minimum wage on the labor.   You can't charge what it really takes to make a quilt including labor and materials, nobody would buy it.    Unless it is some really amazing arty quilt.    I don't see Nicole having the skills to do that, let alone the drive to do the business side of it.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
35 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

What I spend in fabric alone,

My one foray into quilting was enjoyable and a long time ago.   The biggest shocker was the cost of quality batting!   🤯🤯🤯

Nicole is not spending that kind of cash on anything except her elusive dick.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, merylinkid said:

This has got to be a manufactured storyline.   There is no way any sane person thinks NICOLE of all people can go to another country with their own traditions and sell  homemade items.   

There is no way any sane person thinks NICOLE has the attention span to make microwave mac-and-cheese, much less a quilt. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 7/14/2019 at 7:36 AM, merylinkid said:

Nicole was not the only fish he was dangling the bait to.   She just bit the hardest.   

Sooo, you're saying Azan isn't lying when he tells Nicole he got a job fishing?  Just that she's too dumb to realize he means the internet type?

Edited by Lemur
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

This article really didn’t have much new info and the pictures which we’ve seen countless times took forever to load, but there were a couple of great quotes in there: 

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/90-day-fiance-nicole-denies-azan-dumped-her-after-morocco-trip/

“The reality star’s mother was worried because Nicole didn’t have a lot of extra money, and might not be able to financially support herself while in Morocco.”

First, I hate it when they refer to these idiots as “stars.” And she didn’t have a lot of EXTRA money, how about ANY money to support herself in Morocco? No “might” about it! 

The article includes a lengthy screen grab supposedly written by Step Dad Joe, the only voice of reason in the house. Nicole disputes what he says happened and says to her “fans” 

“This whole message was fabricated and 100% not true. Why do people spend their time spreading lies and rumors?”

Lies, Nicole? Why would people lie? Why would they have any reason to lie? How’s the store, Nicole? 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
On 7/16/2019 at 12:15 AM, magemaud said:

I need new glasses because I read this as QUITTING then I realized she’ll never quit Azan 

Every quilt will be a patch-worked  face of Azan. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

"I’m just trying to live life with no worry or rushing. Just enjoying.”"  She ain't rushing out to a job, that's for sure!

Not rushing? What was that last call to him? Didn’t she talk about getting married and was he ready and how “4th” time is the charm? She can’t wait to marry him and have “babies”’which is code for fucking his brains out nightly. 

• LOL 2
(edited)

Nicole now has an etsy page.  She's selling fleece blankets and travel kits for $50.  It says she's sold 5, so good for her.  True all that money will go to Azan instead of actually helping herself and May with anything, but she didn't beg for it so there's that.  She should still get a job.  It seems she's crashing at her newly married sister's apt.  I'm sure that's what every newlywed couple wants to come home to.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1