Type keyword(s) to search

Nicole & Azan: Supersize My Tagine

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, VegasDenise said:

I think that we are going to get an entire season of Nicole and Azan doing everything for the wedding. They are saving it to get another season out of it. I believe they have filmed those things with Nicole they are just on ice a bit.

I think you are right. There is so much  more to the story. 

• Love 2
On 7/17/2018 at 11:12 AM, iwasish said:

Why is Nicole’s mother going home 10 days before the wedding, only to return in a week or so, just as her father is coming to Morocco in a couple days? Why are they only bringing the papers to the notary 10 days before, when Nicole had been there much longer than 10 days?

This is what I thought occurred.   Nicole says the wedding is in "a month...a month and a half."  She called her father to tell him to delay the trip.  Her father will get the required paperwork but will send it to Nicole (DHL, FedEx, whatever fast-delivery works).  Nicole hopes to have the paperwork ASAP and take it to the Notary ASAP.   Nicole's mother will fly back to Morocco when the timing is right.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Former Nun said:

This is what I thought occurred.   Nicole says the wedding is in "a month...a month and a half."  She called her father to tell him to delay the trip.  Her father will get the required paperwork but will send it to Nicole (DHL, FedEx, whatever fast-delivery works).  Nicole hopes to have the paperwork ASAP and take it to the Notary ASAP.   Nicole's mother will fly back to Morocco when the timing is right.

When they went to bring the papers to the notary, Nicole said the wedding was    in ten days. They then went home to tell Robalee that they had to postpone it. Nicole then said her father and wife were flying in a couple days, so she called to tell him about the fuck up and that they were postponing the wedding, she said a month or a month and a half, allowing for him to make arrangements with his work, he then asked about the missing paperwork and what was her plan and she smugly suggested he help her out and get it and send it to her. He suggested she call the whole thing off and she got her back up and said she’ll be back when she can bring Azan. He said he’d see what he could do.

Another confusing thing was Azan said Nicole had to return to the US to get the paper herself, why would she ask her dad to get it? I think she has an original certified record and just didn’t bring it.

I wonder if this stuff is being shown out of the order it actually happened or the talking heads aren’t being screened to make sure they match what happens in the scenes we are watching. That could explain the inconsistencies.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, VegasDenise said:

I think that we are going to get an entire season of Nicole and Azan doing everything for the wedding. They are saving it to get another season out of it. I believe they have filmed those things with Nicole they are just on ice a bit.

That makes the most sense, Vegas Denise, because if the entire family was scamming them about the wedding, the producers would have been onto that immediately, and THAT would have been the story! Also, Azan's family seemed genuinely upset and distressed when they learned Nicole had messed everything up. They said words to the effect of, "You don't realize what you've done!" I took it to mean, "Nicole, you don't realize how much you've disappointed and hurt us." And, Nicole didn't. She was like this impenetrable marshmallow and she simply could not perceive the depth of their distress. Nicole blew it because she was too lazy to look into what she actually had to do which really wouldn't have been all that much.

• Love 4

If Nicole really did just leave the proper sealed paperwork at home, like a dodo, then her father could get them to her via Fed Ex within 48 hours, and the wedding could go on as planned, correct?

Of course, it might be in a big mess of stuff in a storage locker. Who knows?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

She was like this impenetrable marshmallow and she simply could not perceive the depth of their distress. Nicole blew it because she was too lazy to look into what she actually had to do which really wouldn't have been all that much.

The bottom line is that Nicole thought all she needed to do was sashay her marshmallow fupa down to Morocco and et voila! Hassan's biceps and dick would be hers foreva (*insert hearts, rainbows and unicorn emojis here*). She is a mental moron who should not be allowed to procreate ever again. That said, I have no empathy, sympathy or anything else for Hassan or his family because they're all in on this charade. There is NO way that Hassan's family hasn't talked to him about this privately. If they think Nicole is worth a connection to the US, they've misjudged their mark because she's basically trailer trash with nothing to offer them. They seem way better off than she does, so why bother with this idiocy any longer?

• Love 13
25 minutes ago, gingerella said:

The bottom line is that Nicole thought all she needed to do was sashay her marshmallow fupa down to Morocco and et voila! Hassan's biceps and dick would be hers foreva (*insert hearts, rainbows and unicorn emojis here*). She is a mental moron who should not be allowed to procreate ever again. That said, I have no empathy, sympathy or anything else for Hassan or his family because they're all in on this charade. There is NO way that Hassan's family hasn't talked to him about this privately. If they think Nicole is worth a connection to the US, they've misjudged their mark because she's basically trailer trash with nothing to offer them. They seem way better off than she does, so why bother with this idiocy any longer?

When she was hiding in Azans armpit and twirling her hair and trying to make him apologize for”us”, I wanted to smash her face in. Azans sister should have snatched her up by her hair and smacked that insipid smirk off her. Then take all her belongings and toss them in the street. And I don’t 100% believe they’ve spent all that much on the wedding. I suspect they know of Azans flirting and American dollar harvesting with lots of ladies and figure this whole wedding thing is the culmination of a scam. It makes as much sense to think Nicole’s pitiful Starbucks income is going to have him living a life of luxury in the US with plenty to send home to Morocco as it does to think Pedro hooked up with Chantel for an American pot of gold to send to the DR. 

Nicole is looking for someone to SUPPORT her and May, she doesn’t want to work. 

Azans looking for one last big payday and I’ll bet once he gets it and Nicole returns to the US, he’ll drop off the radar. 

• Love 13

It made no sense to me that Nicole would set a date for the wedding before completing the paperwork and getting permission to marry.  It's been a few years since I got married in Morocco, but, I can say with confidence that they're only showing a tiny unrealistic snippet of what it takes for a Moroccan to marry a non-Moroccan there.  Foreign documents (it's always good to have multiples of the originals) have to be translated into French.  The Moroccan fiancé has to travel around the country to gather up their papers.  After that, there are so many places to go (and so many taxi rides to pay for) to get stamps and signatures, forms and copies; if a document expires before you're done, you have to get a new original.  Then, you see a judge who decides if your paperwork is complete and if you're on the up and up before authorizing your marriage.  If they don't give permission, and, if you still have money, you hire an attorney to go before the judge to convince him to allow you to marry.  If successful, you go to the adoul, present the papers and the sadaq, and register the marriage.

THEN, you have the wedding.

This process can take days or weeks, depending on the circumstances.  And, the costs add up quickly; the process of getting approved to marry alone can easily cost $800 - $1000, and if you don't take national holidays that close down the government into account, your wait could be longer.  For a couple of jobless nincompoops, I don't see them doing it on their own.  Not to mention, afterwards, paying for the costs involved with applying for his visa.

• Love 17
(edited)

You know I wonder if anyone has sat Nicole down and been blunt and to the fact about their true concerns and reasons why she should not be acting so reckless with her own life and her little daughters?  First off she should not take her little daughter to other places where she can not say and know that her daughter wont be hurt in some way while there. 

Nicole has to be very vigilante about being a single mother of a cute little girl that predators of all kinds will want to get a hold of - and the fact that she seems to be oblivious about this makes her look unfit and irresponsible. I know CPS wont take a child from a mother because she is ignorant BUT I think her mother could take her to court to try to retain custody of May(?) with a long list of reasons couldn't she? 

Secondly Nicole needs to be told that when there is so many red flags you should not give your heart and your time to another person like this - and when she says she loves him and knows him they should just tell her she is acting ridiculous and stupid. Instead of tiptoeing around her like they don't want to upset her too much. Lay it out there about her mistake with her daughters father and the fact that she has shown poor judgement then leave it up to her while letting her know if she wants to do this she will have to do it alone. Don't fly out there and buy her a dress - they are signing on to this when they do- not what loving parents should do. 

Lastly they should not let her take that little girl and should pull out all stops on her - my guess is they don't want to raise the little girl so they are willing to let her go with her mom which is a lot like Nicole is acting - reckless and ridiculous now and will oh poor me after a tragedy happens. I cant with people like this when it comes to playing with innocent children.

In my opinion Azans family especially his mother was putting on some kind of act or he was not saying what she really was ? Im sure someone watching would have corrected him if he was adlibbing or being misleading right?  Every scene at his families home has rubbed me as a bunch of b--s---! His sister getting so angry was not right either - not that Nicole was not acting like a 12 yr old and not taking responsibility for herself BUT did she ask his family to do this for her? It seems like they just took charge - I think it looks like a bunch of gypsies pulling off a scam which they are not that good at but think they are. I would have liked to see how the sister would act and what she would say to Nicoles mother about it all. Come on producers you had to think of that one. 

Edited by Witchz
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Witchz said:

You know I wonder if anyone has sat Nicole down and been blunt and to the fact about their true concerns and reasons why she should not be acting so reckless with her own life and her little daughters?  First off she should not take her little daughter to other places where she can not say and know that her daughter wont be hurt in some way while there. 

Nicole has to be very vigilante about being a single mother of a cute little girl that predators of all kinds will want to get a hold of - and the fact that she seems to be oblivious about this makes her look unfit and irresponsible. I know CPS wont take a child from a mother because she is ignorant BUT I think her mother could take her to court to try to retain custody of May(?) with a long list of reasons couldn't she? 

Secondly Nicole needs to be told that when there is so many red flags you should not give your heart and your time to another person like this - and when she says she loves him and knows him they should just tell her she is acting ridiculous and stupid. Instead of tiptoeing around her like they don't want to upset her too much. Lay it out there about her mistake with her daughters father and the fact that she has shown poor judgement then leave it up to her while letting her know if she wants to do this she will have to do it alone. Don't fly out there and buy her a dress - they are signing on to this when they do- not what loving parents should do. 

Lastly they should not let her take that little girl and should pull out all stops on her - my guess is they don't want to raise the little girl so they are willing to let her go with her mom which is a lot like Nicole is acting - reckless and ridiculous now and will oh poor me after a tragedy happens. I cant with people like this when it comes to playing with innocent children.

In my opinion Azans family especially his mother was putting on some kind of act or he was not saying what she really was ? Im sure someone watching would have corrected him if he was adlibbing or being misleading right?  Every scene at his families home has rubbed me as a bunch of b--s---! His sister getting so angry was not right either - not that Nicole was not acting like a 12 yr old and not taking responsibility for herself BUT did she ask his family to do this for her? It seems like they just took charge - I think it looks like a bunch of gypsies pulling off a scam which they are not that good at but think they are. I would have liked to see how the sister would act and what she would say to Nicoles mother about it all. Come on producers you had to think of that one. 

It was difficult to figure out  but did they tell Nicole’s mother first and send  her back to the US and then tell his family? If so then it was most probably a scam. Azan can BS Nicole much easier when her mother is not there to give him the side eye. 

• Love 2

We have seen Nicole’s mother, father, stepfather, pastor, “friend” and even her younger brother try to warn her about marrying Azan. She admits that she doesn’t always tell people what’s going on, for example “I didn’t tell my mother about the voicemails” (that reminds me, how DID Robbalee find out about them?) Nicole has said in her THs that she thinks their concerns are “stupid” then shrugs and smiles smugly. There’s no reasoning with her, she’s a willful, petulant child who doesn’t learn from her mistakes. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, magemaud said:

We have seen Nicole’s mother, father, stepfather, pastor, “friend” and even her younger brother try to warn her about marrying Azan. She admits that she doesn’t always tell people what’s going on, for example “I didn’t tell my mother about the voicemails” (that reminds me, how DID Robbalee find out about them?) Nicole has said in her THs that she thinks their concerns are “stupid” then shrugs and smiles smugly. There’s no reasoning with her, she’s a willful, petulant child who doesn’t learn from her mistakes. 

Google, Facebook, etc. How the rest of the world found out about them. 

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/18/2018 at 10:06 PM, gingerella said:

I absolutely believe that Azan's family is in on the charade. Apparently, a 3-bedroom home in his neighborhood goes for $55 a month! In other words, they live in the Moroccan equivalent of the hood, and bicep boy is their ticket out. Not just that but Azan's mom probably truly believes that putting up with that loudmouthed marshmallow is the way for her son to have a better life in the United States. However, once he gets to the U.S. and gets his hands on a green card, his attitude towards Nicole will change. There will be no unicorn hearts and kisses. The only thing her mouth is going to be on is the back of his hand when she gives him a hard time! Or, even when she doesn't. If he doesn't think he can beat her, he will just be so cruel that he'll make Mohamed look like Prince Charming! Then he'll bring his mother over and find spouses for the rest of his family. 

They must have been plenty disappointed when Nicole forgot that certificate. They just didn't know the level of stupid that they were dealing with. They were out the equivalent of $600 U.S.D. which was still a small fortune for them. There may not be a lot of expensive fittings for this wedding. They may not be able to afford it.

They need not curse Nicole for her stupid because that same high level of stupid will be what allows Azan and his family to surf on into the USA.

The more I learn about the potential threat of violence in this situation, the more I think Nicole's mother could possibly get an order for keeping Mae in the United States while Nicole goes to Morocco to explore new levels of stupid.

Seriously, I shudder to think what it would take to get her to leave her world. He will have to leave her.

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 7
52 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I absolutely believe that Azan's family is in on the charade. Apparently, a 3-bedroom home in his neighborhood goes for $55 a month! In other words, they live in the Moroccan equivalent of the hood, and bicep boy is their ticket out. Not just that but Azan's mom probably truly believes that putting up with that loudmouthed marshmallow is the way for her son to have a better life in the United States. However, once he gets to the U.S. and gets his hands on a green card, his attitude towards Nicole will change. There will be no unicorn hearts and kisses. The only thing her mouth is going to be on is the back of his hand when she gives him a hard time! Or, even when she doesn't. If he doesn't think he can beat her, he will just be so cruel that he'll make Mohamed look like Prince Charming! Then he'll bring his mother over and find spouses for the rest of his family. 

They must have been plenty disappointed when Nicole forgot that certificate. They just didn't know the level of stupid that they were dealing with. They were out the equivalent of $600 U.S.D. which was still a small fortune for them. There may not be a lot of expensive fittings for this wedding. They may not be able to afford it.

They need not curse Nicole for her stupid because that same high level of stupid will be what allows Azan and his family to surf on into the USA.

The more I learn about the potential threat of violence in this situation, the more I think Nicole's mother could possibly get an order for keeping Mae in the United States while Nicole goes to Morocco to explore new levels of stupid.

Seriously, I shudder to think what it would take to get her to leave her world. He will have to leave her.

What exactly do you think Azan will do in the US? He doesn’t seem to have any skills, no education that I’m aware of and Nicole has said she expects HIM to support her and May. Is he supposed to send money home to Morocco? There’s nothing to send. Nicole is letting his family fund the wedding because the bit of money she’s got squirreled away has to pay to keep the new little family in  Morocco till the spousal visa comes thru.

Missing the piece of the puzzle that explains what benefit Azan’s family gets by his coming here. He’s right now supporting or helping to support them by scamming Nicole and maybe others for $. Nicole expects him to support her and May when they come to the US. The bit of money she makes at Starbucks isn’t enough to take care of them let alone send money to Morocco and Azan doesn’t seem like a go getter. At least Pedro works two jobs and Chantel works also.

My conclusion is that Azan has no desire to marry Nicole, he only wants to get money from her(and any others on his hook) but misjudged her determination to get herself some of that dick, so now he’s scrambling to get  a big payoff and be done with her.

• Love 14
30 minutes ago, iwasish said:

What exactly do you think Azan will do in the US? He doesn’t seem to have any skills, no education that I’m aware of and Nicole has said she expects HIM to support her and May. Is he supposed to send money home to Morocco? There’s nothing to send. Nicole is letting his family fund the wedding because the bit of money she’s got squirreled away has to pay to keep the new little family in  Morocco till the spousal visa comes thru.

Missing the piece of the puzzle that explains what benefit Azan’s family gets by his coming here. He’s right now supporting or helping to support them by scamming Nicole and maybe others for $. Nicole expects him to support her and May when they come to the US. The bit of money she makes at Starbucks isn’t enough to take care of them let alone send money to Morocco and Azan doesn’t seem like a go getter. At least Pedro works two jobs and Chantel works also.

My conclusion is that Azan has no desire to marry Nicole, he only wants to get money from her(and any others on his hook) but misjudged her determination to get herself some of that dick, so now he’s scrambling to get  a big payoff and be done with her.

This times 1,000.  He probably thought that e-mail denying the K1would simply delay things and keep her sending the cash.  His reaction when she TOLD him (not asked, not discussed as a possibility) that she WAS coming over there and they WOULD get married was, shall we say, unenthusiastic at best.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

This times 1,000.  He probably thought that e-mail denying the K1would simply delay things and keep her sending the cash.  His reaction when she TOLD him (not asked, not discussed as a possibility) that she WAS coming over there and they WOULD get married was, shall we say, unenthusiastic at best.

I also agree. He really had hoped he could put off a wedding and still get money sent to him and then she shows up, mom, May and wedding dress in hand! 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

I also agree. He really had hoped he could put off a wedding and still get money sent to him and then she shows up, mom, May and wedding dress in hand! 

Soon as those papers were rejected his attitude became....the timing is all wrong, we have to postpone indefinitely.. 

I can see him causing another big fight like the one they had when she grabbed, shoved and slammed him around  and blamed him for MAKING  her do it. He will break it off and send her packing. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

the more I think Nicole's mother could possibly get an order for keeping Mae in the United States while Nicole goes to Morocco to explore new levels of stupid.

"MAAAAAAAAH-MUH!!!  MAE IS BETTER OFF WITH MEEEEEEEE-YUH!!!  I"M HER MUHHHHHHHHHTHUR-UH!!!!"

• Love 6

@magemaud thanks for posting the Starcasm article about Nicole's living quarters. She's apparently living there free on the blessing of her pastor grandfather. This would explain why it's such a pig sty. Since she pays nothing, she has no pride of ownership. She even probably believes her grandfather owes her one of the nicer apartments that are on the premises, so she's kinda sticking it to him in her selfish thinking. This girl is insufferable. 

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, Rt66vintage said:

@magemaud thanks for posting the Starcasm article about Nicole's living quarters. She's apparently living there free on the blessing of her pastor grandfather. This would explain why it's such a pig sty. Since she pays nothing, she has no pride of ownership. She even probably believes her grandfather owes her one of the nicer apartments that are on the premises, so she's kinda sticking it to him in her selfish thinking. This girl is insufferable. 

She gave it up to go to Morocco for up to a year. I doubt she will get it back if she returns with Azan or even without. I read somewhere she was living with her sister. She’d better be sharing the rent. I hope her sister has no internet connection.

• Love 2

I like when Azan said he knew right away after he talked to her and they had just met that she was the one for him. What he was saying was that he knew she was the one that was stupid enough for him to pull this crap over on all the other marks are much brighter there for harder for his line of crap to work. Maybe Mama Chantel was right when she said this is about to get stupider? 

• Love 7

I'm watching the Happily Ever After show, listed as NEW, on Friday night. I haven't seen one new scene. It is all repetition, boring, boring, boring. I think I've seen these scenes three or four times already. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, iwasish said:
2 hours ago, Rt66vintage said:

She gave it up to go to Morocco for up to a year. I doubt she will get it back if she returns with Azan or even without. I read somewhere she was living with her sister. She’d better be sharing the rent. I hope her sister has no internet connection.

She supposedly came home from Morocco (ringless) the end of May and is living with her sister in a mobile home. Also, her pastor grandfather passed away two years ago, but remember the female minister who cautioned her not to marry Azan? Well, apparently she's also related to Nicole somehow. 

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, magemaud said:

She supposedly came home from Morocco (ringless) the end of May and is living with her sister in a mobile home. Also, her pastor grandfather passed away two years ago, but remember the female minister who cautioned her not to marry Azan? Well, apparently she's also related to Nicole somehow. 

She can’t have a guy living there if it’s a single woman/mother residence. 

Pretty crappy advice from a minister especially if they’re also a relative. 

Her whole family should have just boycotted the wedding and refused financial aid. They knew her money was going to Azan and that she was borrowing from them to send him and support May. Wasting thousands of dollars on plane tickets and hotel reservations etc for her romantic folly makes fools out of them too.

I wouldn’t give her one red cent or lift one finger to help her in any way and that would include any money she claims she needs to take care of May. If May needs lunch or dinner, bring her a plate of food from whatever they’re having.  Tell Nicole they want every cent they lost on airfare or hotels or wasted vacation time back. 

• Love 10

I saw some articles online today that say Azan has girlfriends in other countries along with a main girlfriend in Morocco. He gets money from some of them. One says his plan is to marry Nicole to get into the US, then will divorce her in three years and bring his Moroccan girlfriend over.

Apparently the Moroccan girlfriend doesn’t care as long as the money keeps rolling in.

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, KSH said:

I saw some articles online today that say Azan has girlfriends in other countries along with a main girlfriend in Morocco. He gets money from some of them. One says his plan is to marry Nicole to get into the US, then will divorce her in three years and bring his Moroccan girlfriend over.

Apparently the Moroccan girlfriend doesn’t care as long as the money keeps rolling in.

Probably easier for his Moroccan gf to find an American guy on line and get a K1, then later divorce and bring Azan over. They could be on 90 day fiancé next season!!’n

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Probably easier for his Moroccan gf to find an American guy on line and get a K1, then later divorce and bring Azan over. They could be on 90 day fiancé next season!!’n

My guess is they really haven’t thought this through or maybe she tried and her K1 was denied too. I’m so confused right now.

• Love 1
On 7/18/2018 at 9:06 PM, gingerella said:

Azan’s sister looked like she wanted to slap her silly. Is Azan getting paid by the network to be on the show?

• Love 2
On 7/20/2018 at 10:28 AM, CoachWristletJen said:

I absolutely believe that Azan's family is in on the charade. Apparently, a 3-bedroom home in his neighborhood goes for $55 a month! In other words, they live in the Moroccan equivalent of the hood, and bicep boy is their ticket out.

I so agree. Plus, Mama Hassan looks like she's missing some teeth. Hassan/Azan can get her some in the good ole U.S.A.!

• Love 1
On 7/20/2018 at 7:09 PM, iwasish said:

I'm sure that will get old fast.  Her sister is a nurse? or in school to be a nurse?  I'm sure she will tire of coming home after a hard day working to find Nicole shoving fries in her mouth glued to her phone with  previous congealing greasy french fries from the day before stuck to the couch while poor May stares at an Ipad.

• Love 7
59 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Her sister Taylor graduated from nursing school in May and is now an RN, and working in a local hospital. 

Even less likely that she’ll have a sloppy lazy freeloader lolling about her home while she hauls her ass to work everyday .

• Love 5

Someone refresh my memory, just who from Nicole's family was planning to go to Morocco for the wedding? Even though Nicole mentioned her "family" was coming, I only remember Robbalee, Nicole's father and step-mother planned to make the trip and I distinctly remember her sensible brother saying he had no intentions of going and I believe her step-father was boycotting the whole thing, too. Robbalee probably changed her return ticket and went home early, so I think only her father and his wife had to change or cancel their flights. 

• Love 1

I guess there’s disagreement on this - but my SIL is a speech therapist (Masters in Speech Pathology) with Chicago Public Schools. She’s assigned the kids with other cognitive issues too (in the less “privileged” schools). She’s also the one who made us start watching this glorious shitshow (I had to draw the line at Sister Wives).

We just got back from visiting and she’s convinced Nicole has at least some sort of mild cognitive disability. Danielle definitely more so. 

Not that she feels bad for her in the slightest. Doesn’t mean she has to be a selfish, delusional bull-headed donkey (apologies to donkeys).

• Love 6
(edited)

Are these "so called" other girlfriends that Azan has, actually, girlfriends?  Does he have any girlfriend or are these people his business clients so to speak.  I'm just trying to envision it.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2

There was an epi not long ago where Nicole met with the woman pastor at her church who I thought did a decent job of getting a few tough points to register. Nicole's mother had also tried, but a lot of children (regardless of age) don't take advice well from relatives. I thought Nicole perhaps saw the pastor for some more sessions, because she seemed a bit more together to me at times this season. Well, that conversation with the family undid it all. What a big baby. Emotional age of about 10. Wants her parents or "BF" to do anything "hard," like take the fall (or at least half of it) for her screw-up that has kiboshed the whole wedding. Azan is in it for the money and social acceptability, and is a closet case, in my opinion. There is no excuse that he does not work, or is not out every day looking for work and taking anything. Maybe he's just another big baby spoiled by his family. 

• Love 1
(edited)

The Nicole-Azan coupling is such an enigma for me. I simply can't figure out why Azan would be with her, because none of the scenarios make sense.  

Scenario 1 - He wants to move to the US because he thinks America is one big pot of gold at the end of the rainbow -

It's been 2+ years and 3 seasons which leads me to believe that he must have seen her (former) living conditions either by watching the show or clips of the show on YT. Even if he were an Annie-type who has watched too much television and envisions the US as an episode of Gossip Girl where everyone has their private chef, chaffeur, and platinum credit card, he must know by now that she isn't well off. And neither are her parents, otherwise, they wouldn't let May live in some shabby room funded by the church, but would spring for a small apartment in a good neighborhood. 

This means that he would actually have to bust his ass at some shitty job if he ever made it across the pond. Leaving aside that bicep boi doesn't seem the type who likes to work, I'm not sure how much money he would have left at the end of the month after feeding May AND Nicole. He certainly wouldn't have hundreds of Dollars left to send to Morocco. 

Scenario 2 - He wants (financial security) for his family by obtaining a green card and then bringing them to the US - 

Would his family be better off in the States than they currently are in Morocco? Maybe if Azan had his own (middle class) version of the American Dream. But again, he doesn't seem to have the necessary skill set let alone ambition to be able to provide a decent life for his entire family. Hell, he can't even accomplish a decent scam if Nicole is the best he can do.

The States isn't Western Europe with its (still) stable welfare system. If you want to avoid poverty and living in a shitty neighborhood on food stamps, you actually have to work. This is my understanding of the US as a European and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I can see an Annie type foreigner or sheltered American believing that no other country can compare in respect to financial security and overall quality of life, and that even people from Granada dream of moving to a hicktown in New Hampshire. But Azan and his family don't strike me as sheltered or ignorant, but as people who would do their homework. Furthermore, they don't strike me as poor enough to say "Anywhere but here. Even if we have to cram all of us into a one bedroom motel turned section 8/church funded housing "apartment"."   

Scenario 3 - He actually cares for Nicole and wants to make it work - 

I was trying to imagine that he, in fact, is simply shy. And that he might be timid because of his culture. But that doesn't explain why he oscillates between disdain, annoyance, and suicidal thoughts whenever he has to interact with her. In the words of Mother Nicole: "You're animated when you are in love". And Azan certainly isn't animated. 

ETA Scenario 4 - He wants her as his ATM far away in the US till death do them part -

This much is clear: Up until now he was willing to Skype with her and see her once in a blue moon, as long as she kept up with those Western Union money transfers. When he suddenly started having "bad connections" after her first visit, he was probably frantically searching for an alternative cash cow, but remained unsuccessful. If it were up to him, their arrangement (he's in Morocco, she's in the US, once/twice a year she visits him) could have lasted until death to them part. This is the only scenario that makes sense to me.

BUT: Why did he agree -leaving aside his lack of excitement- for her and May to MOVE to Morocco and get married? What happens if they apply for a K-3 visa and get denied? Nicole certainly doesn't care where she lives as long as she gets to play hide the Merguez with Azan every night. And as soon as he says I do, there WILL be sex, she will make sure of it.  

Didn't any of this cross his mind? Didn't he realize that 1. his "It's my culture, honey" excuse only works as long as they are not married, 2. getting married is all she ever wanted, 3. HE will have to support them if they remain stuck in Morocco? 

So, what is it? Why is he still with her? 

Now that the K-1 visa was denied and she moved to Morocco, she can't send him any more money. So, why would he agree for her to come live with him and get married. Why didn't he break it off the second she suggested to come live with him? And if Nicole has indeed returned to Florida, what happens when she decides to fly back all original documents clenched in her fist? Could it be that their story is 100% made up and both of them are actors? If so, she should receive an Oscar for playing the spoiled, selfish, narcissistic nightmare that she portrays to perfection. 

Ultimately, I believe that he is way in over his head and is simply going along while fooling himself that he has an out. Kind of like David Poor who keeps borrowing money, spending money, making promises he can't possibly keep, manipulating and deflecting without thinking that this will all come crashing down one day. 

Edited by Morrissey
  • Love 18
3 hours ago, Morrissey said:

The Nicole-Azan coupling is such an enigma for me. I simply can't figure out why Azan would be with her, because none of the scenarios make sense.  

Scenario 1 - He wants to move to the US because he thinks America is one big pot of gold at the end of the rainbow -

It's been 2+ years and 3 seasons which leads me to believe that he must have seen her (former) living conditions either by watching the show or clips of the show on YT. Even if he were an Annie-type who has watched too much television and envisions the US as an episode of Gossip Girl where everyone has their private chef, chaffeur, and platinum credit card, he must know by now that she isn't well off. And neither are her parents, otherwise, they wouldn't let May live in some shabby room funded by the church, but would spring for a small apartment in a good neighborhood. 

This means that he would actually have to bust his ass at some shitty job if he ever made it across the pond. Leaving aside that bicep boi doesn't seem the type who likes to work, I'm not sure how much money he would have left at the end of the month after feeding May AND Nicole. He certainly wouldn't have hundreds of Dollars left to send to Morocco. 

Scenario 2 - He wants (financial security) for his family by obtaining a green card and then bringing them to the US - 

Would his family be better off in the States than they currently are in Morocco? Maybe if Azan had his own (middle class) version of the American Dream. But again, he doesn't seem to have the necessary skill set let alone ambition to be able to provide a decent life for his entire family. Hell, he can't even accomplish a decent scam if Nicole is the best he can do.

The States isn't Western Europe with its (still) stable welfare system. If you want to avoid poverty and living in a shitty neighborhood on food stamps, you actually have to work. This is my understanding of the US as a European and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I can see an Annie type foreigner or sheltered American believing that no other country can compare in respect to financial security and overall quality of life, and that even people from Granada dream of moving to a hicktown in New Hampshire. But Azan and his family don't strike me as sheltered or ignorant, but as people who would do their homework. Furthermore, they don't strike me as poor enough to say "Anywhere but here. Even if we have to cram all of us into a one bedroom motel turned section 8/church funded housing "apartment"."   

I was trying to imagine that he, in fact, is simply shy. And that he might be timid because of his culture. But that doesn't explain why he oscillates between disdain, annoyance, and suicidal thoughts whenever he has to interact with her. In the words of Mother Nicole: "You're animated when you are in love". And Azan certainly isn't animated. 

So, what is it? Why is he still with her? Now that the K-1 visa was denied and she moved to Morocco, she can't send him any more money. So, why would he agree for her to come live with him and get married. And if Nicole has indeed returned to Florida, what happens when she decides to fly back all original documents clenched in her fist? Could it be that their story is 100% made up and both of them are actors? If so, she should receive an Oscar for playing the spoiled, selfish, narcissistic nightmare that she portrays to perfection. 

My vote goes to Scenario 3 except the only one acting is Azan/Hassan. Nicole is crazily besotted with him and doesn’t realize she’s being taken for a ride.

I’m thinking he’s going to drag out his con for as long as he can but won’t ever make it to the altar. No way is he ever going to actually marry that hosebeast.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Morrissey said:

So, what is it? Why is he still with her? Now that the K-1 visa was denied and she moved to Morocco, she can't send him any more money. So, why would he agree for her to come live with him and get married. And if Nicole has indeed returned to Florida, what happens when she decides to fly back all original documents clenched in her fist? Could it be that their story is 100% made up and both of them are actors? If so, she should receive an Oscar for playing the spoiled, selfish, narcissistic nightmare that she portrays to perfection. 

I never got the feeling Azan wanted to come to the US.   He told Robalee that there were alot of women he was flirting and talking to online with in addition to Nicole.   I think the other women saw through his bull and ditched him.  Nicole took the bait and he got more than he bargained for.  When he actually got her to send him money he was thrilled.    He's trying to see how much he can get out of this without actually committing to her.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Miss Chevious said:

My vote goes to Scenario 3 except the only one acting is Azan/Hassan. Nicole is crazily besotted with him and doesn’t realize she’s being taken for a ride.

I’m thinking he’s going to drag out his con for as long as he can but won’t ever make it to the altar. No way is he ever going to actually marry that hosebeast.

You know, I had sympathy for Nicole in the very beginning and it felt almost wrong to watch her being taken for a scam ride. 

And then the episode aired where she went ballistic, because Azan didn't want to be molested by her in the middle of the market. I remember her rant about needing physical affirmation, because "....guess what? No one ever wanted to show me off, so maybe this is my own insecurity" and it just hit me: Nicole knows EXACTLY what's wrong with her. She is fully aware of her problem(s) and, yet, takes ZERO RESPONSIBILITY for her life.

In lieu of getting herself into therapy and a weight loss program or taking any other necessary step towards becoming a decent, productive human being, she CHOOSES to manipulate, threaten, coerce, bully, and physically assault the people around her into filling her bottomless pit of need. That is inexcusable and I can't muster up any sympathy for someone who inflicts psychological abuse on their surroundings. She doesn't care about anything or anyone in her life including Azan who is nothing but a means for validation. Not that I feel sorry for him, since I agree with SevenCostanza that he uses her as his personal ATM. But her complaints about him not being genuinely attracted to her or not showing enough affection are cunning and pathetic pity ploys when her own motives are purely selfish. I don't believe for a second that Nicole would ever go for a man who is her physical counterpart. And I strongly suspect that her reason for being physical and affectionate are not to make HIM feel good, but to make HERSELF feel good. 

I'm wondering how someone like Nicole comes about. Although it will never happen, I'd love to learn more about her background and her upbringing. Psychologically I find her so fascinating, albeit scary. She's like her own cautionary tale: Making a Nicole. 

It'll be interesting to see Azan's next step. He should have seen it coming that whispering I love you's via Skype and inviting her to Morocco once a year would not suffice. When her own mother is calling Nicole a bulldozer, it's time to change your phone number. Instead, he stuck around which, like I've said, is a complete mystery to me. What's his end game? Does he even have one? Or is he just a really dumb grifter who is in over his head. 

• Love 17
(edited)

I guess all will be revealed tomorrow night, but this is what I predict is going to happen with the Nicole/Azan storyline: Her stepfather said that Nicole came back to the US in May because the "timing wasn't right" but left her wedding dress in Morocco. At the Tell All, filmed while she was still in Morocco (April?) she said they had the necessary paperwork to get married but hadn't yet. I think she's just home temporarily to regroup and will return to Morocco for the wedding and their "journey" (ugh!) will be featured in the new spin off show about the K3 Visa process. I also think Azan's reluctance to marry her is just designed to pique our interest in the new show, he's not going to give up his Cash Cow. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

she CHOOSES to manipulate, threaten, coerce, bully, and physically assault the people around her into filling her bottomless pit of need. That is inexcusable and I can't muster up any sympathy for someone who inflicts psychological abuse on their surroundings.

From what I've seen Nicole rules her family with these very same tactics.  I'm guessing she's been this way for a long time.  

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

From what I've seen Nicole rules her family with these very same tactics.  I'm guessing she's been this way for a long time.  

Absolutely! When I say that she manipulates and bullies the people around her into catering to her needs, I'm first and foremost talking about her family - and also including Azan, Azan's family and possibly friends and co-workers. It's a very rigid pattern of behavior and I highly doubt that she'd be able to change without therapy, especially if she continues to be surrounded by people who succumb to her demands - for vastly different reasons.  

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I guess all will be revealed tomorrow night, but this is what I predict is going to happen with the Nicole/Azan storyline: Her stepfather said that Nicole came back to the US in May because the "timing wasn't right" but left her wedding dress in Morocco. At the Tell All, filmed while she was still in Morocco (April?) she said they had the necessary paperwork to get married but hadn't yet. I think she's just home temporarily to regroup and will return to Morocco for the wedding and their "journey" (ugh!) will be featured in the new spin off show about the K3 Visa process. I also think Azan's reluctance to marry her is just designed to pique our interest in the new show, he's not going to give up his Cash Cow. 

What cash cow? The only money she had was her earnings from Starbucks. The only reason she had that cash was because she was living rent free at her grandfathers charity home. She as much as told Azan that she was bringing everything she had when she came to Morocco. And they need that money to live on while they wait for the spousal visa. She doesn’t sound like she has any intention of working after the wedding. Once he marries her, he’s stuck supporting her and May in Morocco. Since the K1 was denied, her father’s agreement to sponser him is voided. So I would guess Nicole will have to prove for the spousal visa that SHE has the means to support both of them and May. That could be a problem. 

I cant see how marrying her benefits him. He has to stop it at some point. 

• Love 3