Type keyword(s) to search

Nicole & Azan: Supersize My Tagine

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

I don't think there is anything wrong with a person maintaining their culture when living in another country -- as long as what they do doesn't contradict the laws and mores of that country. That's the problem with Nicole, what she wants to do in Morocco is completely at odds with their customs and laws. She doesn't respect their rules. 

We have a large Hispanic population in my community and many families keep their own customs and culture, but honestly, I find it wonderful and it's not like they are breaking any laws or mores. What is "American" anyway. We are a blend of many cultures. As long as someone is breaking laws, it's all good. 

In Nicole's case, if women are expected to act and dress a certain way, I sure would do it. I wouldn't want to get in trouble in another country, especially one that looks at women as second class citizens. 

You missed my point.

• Love 1

In the preview of Nicole arriving in Morocco, May is not seen. Sure, maybe she's just hidden by Nicole's bulbous ass, but I keep hoping Nicole turned around before boarding the plane and handed the child to Robbalee. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I liked Nicole's TH when she said she was "pretty sure" she would be getting married in Morocco. The producer immediately asked "100 percent?" and she replied with her usual smug smile, "Yes, 100 percent." Since when does pretty sure=absolutely certain? 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 1

If, in fact, Nicole and Azan claim to have gotten married in Morocco, I going to need to see receipts. I wouldn’t put it past Azan to stage a phony wedding so that Nicole would keep giving him money.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

I liked Nicole's TH when she said she was "pretty sure" she would be getting married in Morocco. The producer immediately asked "100 percent?" and she replied with her usual smug smile, "Yes, 100 percent." Since when does pretty sure=absolutely certain? 

And in the back of the producers mind he’s thinking “I’m going to wipe that smug smile off her face, there’s plenty more Azan tapes to come!!”

I’ll bet they can’t stand her.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, iwasish said:
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

And in the back of the producers mind he’s thinking “I’m going to wipe that smug smile off her face, there’s plenty more Azan tapes to come!!”

I’ll bet they can’t stand her.

I think the camera crew had a hard time keeping straight faces while they were outside of the bathroom recording her tearful call to Azan

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I think the camera crew had a hard time keeping straight faces while they were outside of the bathroom recording her tearful call to Azan

At first I thought the one guy had a glass pressed up against the door, I kept waiting for her to open it and him fall into the room!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 6/18/2018 at 7:47 AM, greekmom said:

From the article: "

"My life. My choices. My mistakes. My lessons. Not your business," read a text post that the 24-year-old shared and she wrote, "Honestly. TV or not," in her caption.. She disabled the comments, but fans still shared their opinions of her on Twitter."

Then don't parade your life on tv missy.

Such a cowardly thing to do, disable comments and lecture people into staying out of her business.  She can’t take the heat. 

• Love 12

Apparently he was fired from his last job (personal trainer, I think) because Nicole constantly called and texted him at work. But since then, there's been no explanation for why he hasn't worked except Nicole saying "It's hard for him to find a job in Morocco..." followed illogically with "Hopefully he'll get a good job when me and May get there so he can support us." 

• Love 14
19 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Apparently he was fired from his last job (personal trainer, I think) because Nicole constantly called and texted him at work. But since then, there's been no explanation for why he hasn't worked except Nicole saying "It's hard for him to find a job in Morocco..." followed illogically with "Hopefully he'll get a good job when me and May get there so he can support us." 

Yeah, he’s waiting to get that good job till Nicole and Mae are there. 

I bet he tells her to get a job. 

• Love 7
59 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Yep. That just about sums it up. 

I’m a little specious though that there ever was an actual job.

• Love 2
(edited)

I never understood why he just didn’t turn his phone off if she was bothering him so much at work. But I seem to recall Nicole saying something once about sending him money since it was her fault he got fired. Of course, he could have made it all up 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 11
12 hours ago, Quof said:

In the preview of Nicole arriving in Morocco, May is not seen. Sure, maybe she's just hidden by Nicole's bulbous ass, but I keep hoping Nicole turned around before boarding the plane and handed the child to Robbalee. 

We can only hope that is the case...I do remember her asking May if she wanted to go on a plane and to Morocco, to which May said, NO. May is odd...it's like she's in a stupor most of the time. I know we dont see much of her, and that's as it should be, but it always seems like she's not really 'there' when Nicole asks her a question. It's like she's so engrossed in her Ipad or whatever she's doing that she doesn't answer or the question doesnt really register. Does anyone else notice that? Is that normal behavior for a child her age (I dont have kids)? I honestly dont think May will even notice she's in another country as long as she's got her Ipad and her mother is shoving french fries in her mouth. It's unreal how shitty a parent Nicole is.

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, Jennifersdc said:

Yep. That just about sums it up. 

I’m a little specious though that there ever was an actual job.

His job was/ is milking every penny he can out of emotionally stunted dopey pig headed women. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, gingerella said:

We can only hope that is the case...I do remember her asking May if she wanted to go on a plane and to Morocco, to which May said, NO. May is odd...it's like she's in a stupor most of the time. I know we dont see much of her, and that's as it should be, but it always seems like she's not really 'there' when Nicole asks her a question. It's like she's so engrossed in her Ipad or whatever she's doing that she doesn't answer or the question doesnt really register. Does anyone else notice that? Is that normal behavior for a child her age (I dont have kids)? I honestly dont think May will even notice she's in another country as long as she's got her Ipad and her mother is shoving french fries in her mouth. It's unreal how shitty a parent Nicole is.

Maybe she doesn’t notice Nicole’s questions cause it’s rare that Nicole even talks to her. It’s all about “My World” 24/7 and all Mae is  expected to do is say “hi Daddy, I love you” on cue.

• Love 11
49 minutes ago, gingerella said:

The only thing I've heard May say unprompted by her mother is "I'm hungry" and "Fries!".     I think May could really use some kids her age to play with, it would really help her verbal and social skills which her mother seems to ignore. 

• Love 10

Nicole and May live in a church run converted motel apartment with other single moms and children. The church website lists a ton of free activities they could participate in. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

The only thing I've heard May say unprompted by her mother is "I'm hungry" and "Fries!".     I think May could really use some kids her age to play with, it would really help her verbal and social skills which her mother seems to ignore. 

You think Nicole wants her to talk?  God forbid she talk and interrupt Nicole’s sweet talk with “her world”. No....nice and quiet and pacified with French fries and chicken nuggets... that’s the Mae Nicole wants around.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Nicole and May live in a church run converted motel apartment with other single moms and children. The church website lists a ton of free activities they could participate in. 

Nicole has to stay at her mothers house to make sure she “doesn’t oversleep” so I’m pretty sure Mae misses out on a whole lot of fun stuff cause Nicole can’t be bothered to set an alarm clock.

Has anyone even seen another person in proximity to that apartment complex? Even someone with a blurred out face? Another child?  It looks pretty deserted to me. And Nicole doesn’t seem much like a joiner to me. 

My guess is Mae lives a pretty lonely life.

But we only see a sliver of  these peoples lives so who knows.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Maybe we only see "stock footage" of that motel exterior taken when there's no one around and possibly people are asked to stay out of camera range during filming. 

Good point and quite possibly true.

I still doubt Nicole takes advantage of any programs Mae might enjoy or benefit from, unless she needs some free time to do “My World” business and no one else is available to dump her on.

• Love 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, gingerella said:

Depends on the child. My children didn’t have iPads or phones until seventh grade. They did have an x-box. But my youngest was very quiet and would give yes or no answers. He’s 18 now and still quiet. 

Our children had set routines as toddlers. Children need consistency and like routine. 

Edited by Real Eyes
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, magemaud said:

Maybe we only see "stock footage" of that motel exterior taken when there's no one around and possibly people are asked to stay out of camera range during filming. 

Probably so, since they’d have to pay the “extras” a small stipend and no way this production company is going to give up any cash they don’t have to.

6 hours ago, EgyptianLove said:

they smoke or drink

Like Mohammed, when he was in the restaurant/bar hanging out with some guys.

11 hours ago, magemaud said:

I never understood why he just didn’t turn his phone off if she was bothering him so much at work. But I seem to recall Nicole saying something once about sending him money since it was her fault he got fired. Of course, he could have made it all up 

I agree that it’s likely bs, but giving the benefit of the doubt, you know full well that if he had turned off his cell, that raging bull Nicole would’ve just called the gym’s phone instead and worried the hell out of the staff. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, magemaud said:

From what I’ve read, Nicole can only stay in Morocco for 90 days as a visitor. To stay longer, she would need to apply for residency. People are claiming she’s back in the States. Perhaps her plan to stay there a year didn’t pan out? https://marocmama.com/applying-for-a-carte-sejour-residency-in-morocco/

But if she married Azan within those 90 days, can she stay indefinitely?. She wants the K-3 to bring him here. Can they marry and just stay there til the visa is approved?

I have no idea, but even if she marries Azan (and that’s a big “if”) I interpret it as that she can’t stay beyond 90 days unless she applies for residency, not the year she told everyone she’d be gone. I realize that’s not her “end game,” so maybe she returned to the US to start the K3 process to bring Azan here. Meanwhile, he could still be in Morocco and happily collecting money from other women...

14 hours ago, iwasish said:

His job was/ is milking every penny he can out of emotionally stunted dopey pig headed women. 

Pigs dont deserve this dig.  They are VERY smart!!! And they sure as hell wouldnt send Azan any money!

mee.jpg

• Love 11
On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 10:10 AM, Quof said:

Maybe when Azan found out he wasn't getting as much money as expected, he told Nicole not to bother coming unless she had all the money, so Nicole cashed in May's ticket and called her Mom back to pick up the kid at the airport. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Matty said:

I wouldn't give Nicole's mother too much credit. She raised Nicole after all. She's not going to be nominated for any "Mother of the Year" awards.

This is what I think every single time somebody says Nicole's mother should try to get custody of May.

Because that's exactly what the world needs, another child growing up to be like Nicole.

• Love 7
Just now, NoSpam said:

This is what I think every single time somebody says Nicole's mother should try to get custody of May.

Because that's exactly what the world needs, another child growing up to be like Nicole.

True. However, if Nicole’s stepfather didn’t come on the scene until Nicole was older, she didn’t benefit from his influence. (I have no idea what age she was when he came into her life, just speculating). So Mae would have a different upbringing. And surely Robbalee and the others have the benefit of hindsight in what they did wrong with baby id, hopefully they wouldn’t make the same mistakes.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, NinaH said:

True. However, if Nicole’s stepfather didn’t come on the scene until Nicole was older, she didn’t benefit from his influence. (I have no idea what age she was when he came into her life, just speculating). So Mae would have a different upbringing. And surely Robbalee and the others have the benefit of hindsight in what they did wrong with baby id, hopefully they wouldn’t make the same mistakes.  

He doesn't seem to have much influence over Robalee or how she parents/enables Nicole. I think Robalee would raise Nicole 2.0 if she were given custody of Mae.

• Love 6
Just now, LilaFowler said:

He doesn't seem to have much influence over Robalee or how she parents/enables Nicole. I think Robalee would raise Nicole 2.0 if she were given custody of Mae.

I suppose it's the old nature/nurture debate, but Nicole's brother seems to have turned out all right.

• Love 14

Her brother and sister are actually quite good.  It's hard to tell why the dynamic between Nicole and her mom is so unbalanced. The dad just seems like he dotes on her and doesn't really see her. The step parents seem to have clear vision but cannot change the deranged relationships. But again, I don't think Robbalee is necessarily a bad mother considering how her other 2 kids are above average.  I think she is intimidated by Nicole and is beaten down.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Lynn said:

Her brother and sister are actually quite good.  It's hard to tell why the dynamic between Nicole and her mom is so unbalanced. The dad just seems like he dotes on her and doesn't really see her. The step parents seem to have clear vision but cannot change the deranged relationships. But again, I don't think Robbalee is necessarily a bad mother considering how her other 2 kids are above average.  I think she is intimidated by Nicole and is beaten down.

Maybe one or both of her bio parents (unbeknownst to the other) dropped  her on her head (maybe more than once) and now they’re guiltily trying to make up for the damage?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Maybe Nicole has always had self-esteem problems. She doesn't seem particularly bright either. I'm sure Robbalee has had to come to her aid bazillions of times. Who knows. Maybe she was molested by someone as a kid and Roballee feels some guilt or something. I don't know, but I have a feeling having Nicole living outside of the home is probably less stressful for all parties, and as her mom, Robballee feels guilt for all of it.

• Love 3
(edited)
9 minutes ago, zenme said:

Maybe Nicole has always had self-esteem problems. She doesn't seem particularly bright either. I'm sure Robbalee has had to come to her aid bazillions of times. Who knows. Maybe she was molested by someone as a kid and Roballee feels some guilt or something. I don't know, but I have a feeling having Nicole living outside of the home is probably less stressful for all parties, and as her mom, Robballee feels guilt for all of it.

Self esteem problems?  Too much self esteem maybe ..: she just thinks she’s so much smarter than everyone else and being a “mother” makes it worse as she thinks it makes her more mature and adult. 

When things start to fall apart in Morocco and she starts calling home for help.., I hope they don’t answer and let her stew for a few days. Might take that self esteem down a peg or two. And when she gets home they better chew her ass off with I told  you so’s. Or she’ll be right back to the same shit in a week or two.

I just  had a thought, I wonder if Nicole has some level of Autism or Asbergers?  The weird hand gestures when she was telling the producers that her “financials are between me and Azan” and that smug self satisfied smirk on her face.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, iwasish said:

Self esteem problems?  Too much self esteem maybe ..: she just thinks she’s so much smarter than everyone else and being a “mother” makes it worse as she thinks it makes her more mature and adult. 

When things start to fall apart in Morocco and she starts calling home for help.., I hope they don’t answer and let her stew for a few days. Might take that self esteem down a peg or two. And when she gets home they better chew her ass off with I told  you so’s. Or she’ll be right back to the same shit in a week or two.

I lol'd and that's not safe because I'm eating corn chips and am alone. I could choke!

True dat, Iwasish! I guess as far as self-esteem goes, it could be argued her cups runneth over. (In more ways than one!)

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 6/19/2018 at 9:24 PM, iwasish said:

Maybe she doesn’t notice Nicole’s questions cause it’s rare that Nicole even talks to her. It’s all about “My World” 24/7 and all Mae is  expected to do is say “hi Daddy, I love you” on cue.

Reminds me of the movie Mommie Dearest.  Joan used to make Christina call all of her boyfriends uncle.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Matty said:

I wouldn't give Nicole's mother too much credit. She raised Nicole after all. She's not going to be nominated for any "Mother of the Year" awards.

She’s raised other children who seem to be normal. 

Children are born with certain personalities. They aren’t shaped into what we want. 

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Real Eyes said:

She’s raised other children who seem to be normal. 

Children are born with certain personalities. They aren’t shaped into what we want. 

Yes, but an astute parent might see a child with a certain personality and work on moderating it. I believe parents can 'blunt the edges' of more undesirable traits, like entitledness and selfishness.

• Love 5