Type keyword(s) to search

Nicole & Azan: Supersize My Tagine

• Start Topic

30 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

One thing and the only thing I can say for Nicole is she rides hard for her piece of shit man. If anybody should dare say a negative word about him she is ready to spit fire at them.   Screw her momma, her Daddy, her baby brother. All of them can suck it! Cause she has a love and nobody is going to take that from her.  Logic be damned! 

Chantel could take some lessons from Nicole on how to protect your spouse from your family. 

Although, I wonder if her mama bear act has less to do with protecting him than protecting herself. Because if he's an asshole scam artist, and she's with him....then what does that say about HER? 

• Love 3

I think the truth is that Nicole thinks she can't do better than Azan and I'm inclined to agree.

I don't think Nicole is getting scammed, at least not anymore than anyone else trying to buy affection, it's just this is the transactional relationship she can afford.

• Love 5

My theory on what Azan and Nicole were doing while they were AWOL was Azan giving in to Nicole's sex requirements to get the 6K for the "makeup shop".

Nicole could have gotten an American gigolo for a fraction of the cost. 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, magemaud said:

"Nicole Nafziger, you just got your dumb ass scammed in Morocco by a lazy con artist who took your life savings, what are you going to do now?
"I'm going to Disney World!" (cue the fireworks over Cinderella's Castle and "When You Wish Upon a Star" soundtrack) 

Marry me.  Marry me right now.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Morrissey said:

And it's not like she's some babe with a charming personality who would manage to get a man to pay her bills. 

Yup, she is a tough sell even on a good day.  

We have learned a lot about that girl, one is she will never ever leave Azan alone no matter what may come.  He could tell her he is gay saying that the kiss phone message was for a guy, this will not deter Nicole, she will always have him on speed dial.  And two, she will always hate her mother for telling the truth about anything, Robalee could say that sky is blue and Nicole will argue with her about that.

• Love 10

I just pray she didn’t leave Morocco with a little Azan souvenir on board, as per her Twitter (I think) reference about being “blessed” and a mention of her “new family.” 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, magemaud said:

I just pray she didn’t leave Morocco with a little Azan souvenir on board, as per her Twitter (I think) reference about being “blessed” and a mention of her “new family.” 

I doubt it. Azan only got her for 6 grand.  I'm sure he would need way more than that to swim in those waters. I think for 6 grand he may have let her look at his privates. LOOK! Dont touch!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, greekmom said:

My theory on what Azan and Nicole were doing while they were AWOL was Azan giving in to Nicole's sex requirements to get the 6K for the "makeup shop".

Nicole could have gotten an American gigolo for a fraction of the cost. 

Hell she could have gotten a vibrator and saved everything she sent Azan, including the airfare to Morocco.

• Love 7
(edited)

"No, Mommy!  Not again!  I want to ride something else!"

"Sit down, May!  Here's your iPad!   Maaaaaaaaahmuh!  Can you see if there is an ATM?  I think I need to pay $500 to ride this!  No, EACH time! (eye roll)  My finances are nobody's business!"

Edited by bethster2000
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, bethster2000 said:

"No, Mommy!  Not again!  I want to ride something else!"

"Sit down, May!  Here's your iPad!   Maaaaaaaaahmuh!  Can you see if there is an ATM?  I think I need to pay $500 to ride this!  No, EACH time! (eye roll)  My finances are nobody's business!"

*"my financials"

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/30/2018 at 11:59 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

I would have gone to their home and "asked" for the money back.  I would have just told them, straight up, that I know there is a con, my daughter is a bit delayed and I truly don't care what y'all think of me....this has gone on long enough.  I would tell Azan to not contact my daughter who he loves only 55%, that he is keeping her on the hook until something else comes from it and please give me the $6000 NOW.  I would then head to the airport, with May and tell Nicole I will be keeping her $6000.  Tough sh*t if she is pissed at me.  This "Nicole has May as a hostage" has gone on long enough.

I wish. 

But it would never happen because Mama Nicole wasn't in the US, she was in Morocco.  She has no proof that Azan and his family are scamming Nicole,  (even though that's what I think happened).  What I wish would have happened was Nicole and May getting on a plane with mama Nicole, but no, Nicole had to stay until her Visa expired.  I bet she'll never hear from Azan again.

That last shot was so telling when the producer asked Azan flat out, "do you want to marry Nicole?" And Azan said, "I don't know."  Wow, that was cold blooded. 

I hope Azan didn't take Nicole's TLC money.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 7
47 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Did she have other money?   I figured that since Azan couldn't get paid by TLC, she'd deposit her TLC check and then send as much as she could to Azan.  I was shocked to hear that $6,000 number.   Although it was equally shocking to hear Azan say he contributed $500, I don't believe it...just as I don't believe there's a make-up...health thing-shop.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Did she have other money?   I figured that since Azan couldn't get paid by TLC, she'd deposit her TLC check and then send as much as she could to Azan.  I was shocked to hear that $6,000 number.   Although it was equally shocking to hear Azan say he contributed $500, I don't believe it...just as I don't believe there's a make-up...health thing-shop.

I thought the $6k was the money she was getting from her family.  I would think she'd get more from TLC.

Why wasn't Azan getting paid by TLC?  Because he's not in the US?

It seems like Azan had to do more work in 2 years "wooing" Nicole than he would have had to do simply working a regular job. Surely he could have made $6000 in 2 years working in a hotel or something in Morrocco? $3000 a year should have been possible.

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

It wouldn't be Azan taking her money, it wold be Nicole giving it to him willingly.

27 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Why wasn't Azan getting paid by TLC?  Because he's not in the US?

Someone, somewhere, posted an article that the US person gets paid due to labor laws and foreigners.  I could be wrong though!

5 hours ago, magemaud said:

Nah, Azan would not have hit it with her - he was wising up (we hope.)  Her "blessed" is new found love of Morocco and her "new family" is Azan's family.  Cause she has known them for SO LONG.

• Love 3

I don't think the total money Nicole sent was $6K. She's been on the 90 Day payroll and presumably sending him money for three years.  I think that figure is totally separate, and what she was bringing with her in savings to live on until he found a job and could support them. Coincidentally, $ 6K is exactly what he first claimed his family lost on the cancelled wedding, then it became the amount she needed to pay for the second wedding and finally, the amount of money he needed to open the store. In addition, he's probably getting his own paycheck for filming in Morocco. Edited to add: I recall reading somewhere that the foreign fiance couldn't get paid  when they were in the US until they married and got their green card, but they could get paid for filming in their home countries. That could also explain why Azan was never in a hurry to come here. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 7
56 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

It seems like Azan had to do more work in 2 years "wooing" Nicole than he would have had to do simply working a regular job. Surely he could have made $6000 in 2 years working in a hotel or something in Morrocco? $3000 a year should have been possible.

The only difference is that he’d have to ‘work’

Soaking her for a few hundred a month was short term . Getting  6k in a lump sum? That puts him on easy street for a couple years. 

31 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

It wouldn't be Azan taking her money, it wold be Nicole giving it to him willingly.

Someone, somewhere, posted an article that the US person gets paid due to labor laws and foreigners.  I could be wrong though!

Nah, Azan would not have hit it with her - he was wising up (we hope.)  Her "blessed" is new found love of Morocco and her "new family" is Azan's family.  Cause she has known them for SO LONG.

And they JUST LOVE HER AND MAY !!!!!!

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:
1 hour ago, Former Nun said:

The "quoting" is incomplete.  I (Former Nun) didn't write that.   Neurochick did.

Edited by Former Nun
8 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Yup, she is a tough sell even on a good day.  

We have learned a lot about that girl, one is she will never ever leave Azan alone no matter what may come.  He could tell her he is gay saying that the kiss phone message was for a guy, this will not deter Nicole, she will always have him on speed dial.  And two, she will always hate her mother for telling the truth about anything, Robalee could say that sky is blue and Nicole will argue with her about that.

Nope! Nothing will deter her. She's young and hasn't experienced life. She's so wrapped up in Azan no one can get through to her. She wants Azan so bad that she will take the crumbs he gives her because that's how bad she's got it. Believe me she knows in her mind that a lot of things aren't right about him but there's those other things that says maybe he do love me anyway, so she chooses to hope on them. It will take Azan to cut ties for Nicole to let go of him. I hope she isn't with child because that still isn't going to get her Azan.

• Love 7
On 7/30/2018 at 3:01 PM, Morrissey said:

Although this is purely speculative on my part, I do want to believe that Robalee has tried every method known to man -from coddling to tough love. Her problem is that she has settled for a gentle, timid approach with a mocking undertone which accomplishes NOTHING, yet, leaves Nicole feeling attacked. Even Azan has seen through this, because who else, other than Robalee and her ex-husband, would swallow his "I've erased the pictures, but the store is real" shenanigan accompanied by a duper's delight without telling him to fucking stop.

Given the fact, that Nicole is down to her last penny and Robalee will have to finance every french fry her daughter puts in her mouth from now on, she should have demanded to see the store instead of sarcastically remarking "Can we, at least, drive by". 

Nicole is an adult and there is only so much you can do with them. Robbalee has constantly tried to reason with Nicole with no success. She see that Nicole is totally addicted to Azan and she nor any of the family can get through to her. As a last ditch effort she has turned to Azan, hoping to appeal to him..."asking him to marry her or let her go". If he truly loves her then he would marry her but she knows that's not real. So she's asking him to end it because she knows Nicole won't.

• Love 12
17 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

I doubt it. Azan only got her for 6 grand.  I'm sure he would need way more than that to swim in those waters. I think for 6 grand he may have let her look at his privates. LOOK! Dont touch!

For her to give up her dream wedding willingly (remember she was pretty complacent in the interview) and give up the 6K,  Azan showed her "little Hassan". 

11 hours ago, magemaud said:

I don't think the total money Nicole sent was $6K. 

I was under the impression the 6K was just on this particular trip.  There has been no mention of the total amount of money she has given him over the 3 years or whatever they have been "together".

• Love 3
1 hour ago, greekmom said:
13 hours ago, magemaud said:

I don't think the total money Nicole sent was $6K. 

I was under the impression the 6K was just on this particular trip.  There has been no mention of the total amount of money she has given him over the 3 years or whatever they have been "together".

Yes, that’s my impression, too. I believe that Nicole started out sending him her barista salary but when they were accepted to appear on 90 Day Fiancé he “hit pay dirt” and the amount she could send increased dramatically. Azan no longer needed to work a regular job, he devoted his time to scamming Nicole. HE could also be paid whenever they were filmed in Morocco. Then when she blindsided him with the idea of moving to Morocco and marrying him there, he told her she needed to bring $6K to tide them over until he found a job which later became the exact amount his family supposedly lost on the wedding (which I don’t believe for a minute) then the amount she needed to pay for the wedding herself. Finally, in order to weasel out of the wedding, he convinced her that they would be better off postponing it and opening some kind of bogus store. 

There has never been a stated amount of how much money she has sent him over the years. Robbalee only guesses it was “a lot” and Nicole’s response is that her “financials” are nobody’s business. 

• Love 6

I think we should take a poll whether or not we think Azan gave it up that once for the $6K. I’m inclined to say yes (hope he used protection). Though she looked pretty despondent the next day so maybe she didn’t....

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Jennifersdc said:

I think we should take a poll whether or not we think Azan gave it up that once for the $6K. I’m inclined to say yes (hope he used protection). Though she looked pretty despondent the next day so maybe she didn’t....

Heyyyy...maybe he did give in and that's why she was despondent. All that money tossed at a man who was a dud, because he really wants a dude. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, greekmom said:

For her to give up her dream wedding willingly (remember she was pretty complacent in the interview) and give up the 6K,  Azan showed her "little Hassan". 

For six grand it better have been “ Huge  Hassan”!!!!!

11 hours ago, Rachel51 said:

Nicole is an adult and there is only so much you can do with them. Robbalee has constantly tried to reason with Nicole with no success. She see that Nicole is totally addicted to Azan and she nor any of the family can get through to her. As a last ditch effort she has turned to Azan, hoping to appeal to him..."asking him to marry her or let her go". If he truly loves her then he would marry her but she knows that's not real. So she's asking him to end it because she knows Nicole won't.

The look on his face when Robalee said that was chilling... he wasn’t  letting her go till he got every dime she had.

• Love 6

Totally off the wall (or out of my a$$) speculation.  During their "missing time" Azan explained that unless they "paid back" his family for the $6K they "lost" because the first wedding was cancelled, Azan's family would never forgive Nicole, she couldn't stay with them any longer, and Azan would have to break up with her.  Nicole, knowing her mother would never go for it, AND not having the money for the second wedding, came up with the brilliant idea to "invest in a make-up health...thing."  Azan gets the money, Nicole thinks she's saved the day, and she returns home with hope.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Kath94 said:

Nicole, knowing her mother would never go for it, AND not having the money for the second wedding, came up with the brilliant idea to "invest in a make-up health...thing."

I like your theory except I can't imagine Nicole coming up with the open-a-store-instead-of-having-a-wedding idea on her own. Azan is the mastermind here and Nicole is so desperate to keep him, she'd agree to anything

• Love 11
47 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I like your theory except I can't imagine Nicole coming up with the open-a-store-instead-of-having-a-wedding idea on her own. Azan is the mastermind here and Nicole is so desperate to keep him, she'd agree to anything

I agree, no way would “no wedding” be an acceptable solution to Nicole. 

Azan had some kind of ace up his sleeve/Hail Mary plan that he used to get her to give up the money and wedding plans for the time being.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, iwasish said:

I agree, no way would “no wedding” be an acceptable solution to Nicole. 

Azan had some kind of ace up his sleeve/Hail Mary plan that he used to get her to give up the money and wedding plans for the time being.

I suspect Azan fabricated an argument and blew it out of proportion. Probably something involving his family, culture, or honor. I don't subscribe to the theory that he romanced her, because she looked absolutely crushed when they announced the wedding cancellation to the producers. That wasn't the face of a woman who had just been visited by the sausage fairy. To me, she looked heartbroken and.....scared.

If I had to venture a guess, I'd say that Azan ended the argument with "It's over between us" and Nicole started panicking, begging und pleading. So, when the money was brought up (either by mention of his family's lost down payment for the first wedding or the mysterious beauty parlor idea), she was all too eager to offer her savings in hopes that she would tie him again to the relationship. 

Someone here has mentioned that Azan might be very different with her when the cameras aren't rolling and I agree. By now, he can probably be pretty aggressive and nasty and get away with it. 

• Love 15

I think it was funny that during their entire "courtship" neither one of them thought about earning money, a few days before the wedding and suddenly it dawns on them that they may need money to live on. 

How convienent for Azan, let's put on the brakes so I can get a job and earn some money, gee that didn't seem like an issue before but now it is.   

Such a crap load from that guy and Nicole believes his every word.  

I wonder if any of those dresses Nicole would have worn for her wedding would have even fit her.  

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I think it was funny that during their entire "courtship" neither one of them thought about earning money, a few days before the wedding and suddenly it dawns on them that they may need money to live on

How convienent for Azan, let's put on the brakes so I can get a job and earn some money, gee that didn't seem like an issue before but now it is.   

I wonder if any of those dresses Nicole would have worn for her wedding would have even fit her.  

I am sure Mom and Dad asked multiple times "How do you plan on supporting yourselves?" and it was met with "MOM!  Leave it alone!! We don't talk about that stuff!!"  Well yeah, the rent still needs to get paid, sister.

Probably not.  The walking everywhere culture in Morocco and fresh markets did not seem to make an impression on her.

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I think it was funny that during their entire "courtship" neither one of them thought about earning money, a few days before the wedding and suddenly it dawns on them that they may need money to live on. 

Azan did absolutely nothing. While it doesn’t add up to much, Nicole did work at Starbucks and sell Lularoe. Again, more than the nothing he did.

• Love 4

Rewatching season 4. Azan trying to drag Nicole up that sand dune is hilarious. That their relationship has lasted this long is a credit to her will, determination, and bank account.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, KSH said:

Rewatching season 4. Azan trying to drag Nicole up that sand dune is hilarious. That their relationship has lasted this long is a credit to her will, determination, and bank account.

Honey you're just lazy.  Go to do some workouts.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

This article, (not sure how true it is) says that the plane ticket Azan was supposed to buy for Nicole to return to Morocco was not sent.  Hmmm.....surprise, surprise.  

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2018/08/nicole-nafziger-trip-morocco-canceled-no-money-azan-tefou-scam-rumors-90-day-fiance/

If its true, no surprise. She has no more money, he is no longer interested in her. Poor May, but at least she has family that can keep an eye out on her---- until Nicole finds another "daddy" for her. Ugh. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

If its true, no surprise. She has no more money, he is no longer interested in her. Poor May, but at least she has family that can keep an eye out on her---- until Nicole finds another "daddy" for her. Ugh. 

I think it's funny that article says "scam rumors."  Like we don't all know it is a scam.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

This article, (not sure how true it is) says that the plane ticket Azan was supposed to buy for Nicole to return to Morocco was not sent.  Hmmm.....surprise, surprise.  

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2018/08/nicole-nafziger-trip-morocco-canceled-no-money-azan-tefou-scam-rumors-90-day-fiance/

There is no such thing as a physical "ticket" anymore.  You use the confirmation code to print your boarding pass.  Azan can simply text Nicole the confirmation code and she can print her boarding pass from home or at the airport before she boards. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

There is no such thing as a physical "ticket" anymore.  You use the confirmation code to print your boarding pass.  Azan can simply text Nicole the confirmation code and she can print her boarding pass from home or at the airport before she boards. 

That's what I thought.  Hmmm.....either way, who knows what he promised Nicole, but, it's not likely to happen. I can't envision him putting any money on her. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

But that would mean he would actually want her there and spend the money he has gotten from her (and others?) on her. 

• Love 2

I finally finished watching the end of the season. Azan might be the best scammer this show has ever seen. Up until the last episode, I really held out hope that he might just be an idiot, and not a calculating manipulator. But he really did take every last dime Nicole had without a second thought, and she gave it freely. I noticed that it didn't bother Azan at ALL when Nicole brought up going home early with her mother. He got her money and had no need to keep her around. It really is sickening. And then I saw Nicole posting on Instagram in the last few weeks that she will love him forever. Its so damn sad. I wonder if Azan's sister knew his true intentions and played along, or if she didn't know. They should go find the last girlfriend and see if he did this to her too.

• Love 10
20 hours ago, Morrissey said:

Someone here has mentioned that Azan might be very different with her when the cameras aren't rolling and I agree. By now, he can probably be pretty aggressive and nasty and get away with it. 

I agree, the first major hint was when she was on the phone with him in the airport and she said 'I told you I don't have all the money' or something along those lines. I suspect Azan didn't know they were filming. I didn't realize how cold he is until the finale.

• Love 8

I believe Azan is a scammer, but a bad one who got both lucky and cursed with Nicole.  I don't believe he is a sociopath with no conscience, I think he is just a young guy who is doing what some of his friends are doing, because its easy money.

I think he's been doing the phone and internet thing for a while.  Its probably easy pickings to scam small amounts from multiple women for an extended period, but he isn't smooth enough or experienced enough to get big bucks from a single mark.

With Nicole however, his plan totally blew up in his face because SHE SHOWED UP!!  Azan wasn't practiced enough or cold-hearted enough to nip that thing in the bud.  The fact that he hasn't been able to shake her shows how much of an amateur he is at this stuff.  Where he lucked out was the fact that she was the source of more money than the other ladies he's been romancing online.  Not a fortune, but still pretty good bucks and a potential ticket to the land of opportunity.

The other thing that leads me to think he's an amateur is how giggly or clearly evasive he gets in some of the talking heads.  Its easy to lie in texts or emails, but to someone's face/camera?  Only a con with zero conscience can do that without a tell.   Exhibit A:  David.

Edited to add:  the reason Azan took Nicole for $6K is that he's finally reached his limit with her.  Even a bad con can get fed up.  

Edited by Horrified
  • Love 11

Interesting that now it’s “his sister” was the one who was supposed to send the ticket.  I wonder if he’s not speaking to her and has dumped the dealing with  her on the sister.

• Love 1