Type keyword(s) to search

Nicole & Azan: Supersize My Tagine

• Start Topic

Poor May is doomed:

"Obesity risk is lowest for children whose mothers make five healthy lifestyle choices. These mothers maintain a healthy weight, exercise at least the recommended 150 minutes per week, and don't smoke. They eat a high quality diet, determined by high intake of vegetables, fruits, nuts, whole grains, healthy fats, and low consumption of sugary beverages, red and processed meat. Finally, they drink light to moderate amounts, quantified as two small glasses of wine or one standard pint of beer a day.

The study authors used data from two research initiatives — the Nurses' Health Study II (NHSII) and Growing Up Today Study (GUTS) — that provided detailed data on 24,289 children aged 9-14 born to 16,945 women.

[...]

The biggest contributing factor was whether or not mothers maintained a healthy weight — children of mothers whose BMI qualified as obese were more than three times as likely to become obese.[...]

All in all, maternal lifestyle was more connected to whether or not a child developed obesity than children's lifestyle — though if both mothers and children engaged in a healthy lifestyle (eating well and exercising), the researchers found those kids were 82% less likely to become obese." (http://www.thisisinsider.com/childhood-obesity-risk-strongly-connected-to-maternal-behavior-2018-7)

• Love 2

Azan was quite talkative....and he seemed a bit nervous. Some of his translations of his mother and sister didn’t match up to the  sub titled closed  captioning. 

They're two weeks from the wedding and all about to unravel..

Does anyone know when her mom left to go to Morocco or when she returned?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I think the winning suggestion has probably already been made because some of these are just fabulous.

That being said:

Baby Beluga and Her World

Chicken Nuggets Aren’t Bad For You

Baby Beluga and Her World sums it up perfectly! I vote for that!

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I don't know how I missed this article, and how reliable it is, but it does mention a motor vehicle violation which might be the required police document she photocopied: 

https://starcasm.net/90-day-fiance-does-nicole-live-in-a-hotel-and-why-is-her-room-so-messy/

I think it's something more serious like shoplifting or a restraining order. Azan knows allllll about it too. A normal  couple would just call the BPD and pay to have the document sent via FedEx. All of these people are grifters except for Roos. He shouldn't be on this show. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Arrest records are public so it would be surprising if no one had uncovered something on Nicole at this point.

i think both know they aren’t actually going to get married so it doesn’t actually matter.

Also, it’s highly unlikely that a shoplifting or violating a restraining order would be a deal breaker for denying the license. You don’t have to have a spotless record. I know a woman who was approved to marry her Moroccan husband and spent time in jail for fraud. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4

There is no indication Nicole has any kind of criminal record.  She just has to provide a police report that's officially stamped.  I've had to do this 6 or 7 times for jobs and visas in foreign countries.  It's standard.

She apparently brought the wrong thing or a photocopy.  I get the impression she destroyed the original or someone else could bring it.  The dumb thing is they could still have the ceremony and just have a giant party and do the paperwork another time.

• Love 2
(edited)

Maybe her original paperwork got lost in the move out of her motel apartment. I’d hate to think she has to call home and have someone sort through her junk

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, minamreeka said:

There is no indication Nicole has any kind of criminal record.  She just has to provide a police report that's officially stamped.  I've had to do this 6 or 7 times for jobs and visas in foreign countries.  It's standard.

She apparently brought the wrong thing or a photocopy.  I get the impression she destroyed the original or someone else could bring it.  The dumb thing is they could still have the ceremony and just have a giant party and do the paperwork another time.

All that they would have to do is get another one right? Or maybe you have to present yourself in person to get it? 

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, minamreeka said:

The dumb thing is they could still have the ceremony and just have a giant party and do the paperwork another time.

If you're not being legally married, it's not a wedding, it's play acting - like my Third Grade Wedding. 

Edited by Quof
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Maybe her original paperwork got lost in the move out of her motel apartment. I’d hate to think she has to call home and have someone sort through her junk

The strange thing is that she HAD the original and the copy and despite the fact that she was bringing originals of everything else, she CHOSE to bring the copy because “I thought it would be okay”

For someone so hellbent on getting hitched, you would think she’d err on the side of caution and if nothing else bring BOTH the original and the copy. 

Her reaction was too nonchalant. There’s more to the story.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, minamreeka said:

<snip>  The dumb thing is they could still have the ceremony and just have a giant party and do the paperwork another time.

I don't think so. The wedding begins with the couple signing the marriage contract in the presence of the imam, for which you need to have all the documents in order to certify they're entering into a valid marriage. I can pretty much guarantee NONE of the Moroccan guests would consider Nicole and Azan married if the laws and traditions of their country weren't followed (actually, I doubt they would participate/attend at all if that were the case). It's not like the U.S., in which civil and religious (spiritual) marriage can be combined or separate (IOW, two people speaking their vows to one another without a legal marriage will usually be accepted as "married" by family and friends here).

• Love 1
(edited)
6 minutes ago, TwirlyGirly said:

The wedding begins with the couple signing the marriage contract in the presence of the imam, for which you need to have all the documents in order to certify they're entering into a valid marriage. I can pretty much guarantee NONE of the Moroccan guests would consider Nicole and Azan married if the laws and traditions of their country weren't followed (actually, I doubt they would participate/attend at all if that were the case).

Civil marriage or meeting with the imam to do the wedding on a different time/day with a reception/celebration later is extremely common on Morocco since the guests don’t participate in that part of the wedding. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, PityFree said:

Ugh.  What if she’s pregnant?   What if the new baby is her “new family“? What if they never got married but she conned Azan into sleeping with her again?

That had to be some big con, cause it seemed like he’d rather chew his dick off than fuck her.

• Love 22
On 7/10/2018 at 12:58 AM, alegtostandon said:

I wonder if TLC talked them into this fake story about paperwork just so they can carry their story onto yet another season?   Eh who knows. I spend too much time thinking about these things only to end up being frauded over and over.   All I know is Nicole is a crappy actress.  No way she would be that calm and resigned with her precious wedding being canceled at the last minute.

• Love 6

This is the only court info online from her county unless she has a criminal record in another county.  It's just a couple driving without a license arrests.

https://www.manateeclerk.org/PublicRecords/CourtRecordsSearch/tabid/57/ctl/detail/mid/484/Default.aspx?enc=MTk1NDIzOQ%3d%3d-oaplfYrr8T0%3d

https://www.manateeclerk.org/PublicRecords/CourtRecordsSearch/tabid/57/ctl/detail/mid/484/Default.aspx?enc=MTk1NDI1NA%3d%3d-E%2bxRCVRe5Qg%3d

If my links don't work just search the Manatee County Court Records for Nicole Nafziger

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, AZ Curls said:

This is the only court info online from her county unless she has a criminal record in another county.  It's just a couple driving without a license arrests.

https://www.manateeclerk.org/PublicRecords/CourtRecordsSearch/tabid/57/ctl/detail/mid/484/Default.aspx?enc=MTk1NDIzOQ%3d%3d-oaplfYrr8T0%3d

https://www.manateeclerk.org/PublicRecords/CourtRecordsSearch/tabid/57/ctl/detail/mid/484/Default.aspx?enc=MTk1NDI1NA%3d%3d-E%2bxRCVRe5Qg%3d

If my links don't work just search the Manatee County Court Records for Nicole Nafziger

Your links don't work, but that's the website I took some of my infos from.

Meh. Maybe TLC should offer her a makeover show, so she can go "from not to hot", then she can upgrade from Azan to, I don't know...a Wal-Mart greeter.

But.

That would require Nicole to actually do some work and change her diet, so never mind.

And her "new family" is probably a cat, or a family of mice.

• Love 11
On 7/10/2018 at 9:54 AM, PityFree said:

Ugh.  What if she’s pregnant?   What if the new baby is her “new family“? What if they never got married but she conned Azan into sleeping with her again?

She wants a baby with Hassan, no doubt.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, peaceknit said:

She wants a baby with Hassan, no doubt.

She needs to have sex with him again  for that to happen and he’s been pretty adept at avoiding that so far on this visit. He’s not gonna go down ( no pun intended) without a fight.

• Love 6

Nicole seems unnaturally tame on this latest visit to Morocco. It's almost worrisome.

It got me wondering if perhaps Azan and his family had kind of an 'intervention' with her and maybe they tuned her up a little, off camera? Maybe they made it really clear that if she breathed a word of it on camera, there would be no wedding and her ass would get shipped back to Florida and he'd never speak to her again.  

I think she'd do just about anything to get at his d*ck. She's waited so long and it's so terribly close.

If there were an intervention, I would imagine it would have to be pretty severe to get through to her because she's pretty thick.

But she's very subdued, dressing modestly. No more tank tops.  And when Azan told her about all of the other women, we got demure tears.

Hell, last time she threw him around like a rag doll for a lot less.

Seriously, should we be worried?

• Love 9
(edited)
10 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

think she'd do just about anything to get at his d*ck. She's waited so long and it's so terribly close.

I’m shocked she hasn’t chewed thru the wall between them to get to it. 

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, CoachWristletJen said:

LOL... Azan's gonna wake up one night and see her at the foot of his bed spitting out drywall.  "YOU'RE MY WORLD!"

Like the girl from “ The Ring”?

They’ll find him dead the next morning with the image of her naked body burned in his retinas. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Unfortunately I believe they’ll be back next season, dragging out the will they or won’t they get married nonsense. Right now she’s in FL, not wearing a ring, but Azan and that awful wedding gown are still in Morocco. She posted that weird “new family” message designed, I think, to generate buzz.  Will she go back? I bet she will! 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Nicole seems unnaturally tame on this latest visit to Morocco. It's almost worrisome.

It got me wondering if perhaps Azan and his family had kind of an 'intervention' with her and maybe they tuned her up a little, off camera? Maybe they made it really clear that if she breathed a word of it on camera, there would be no wedding and her ass would get shipped back to Florida and he'd never speak to her again.  

I think she'd do just about anything to get at his d*ck. She's waited so long and it's so terribly close.

If there were an intervention, I would imagine it would have to be pretty severe to get through to her because she's pretty thick.

But she's very subdued, dressing modestly. No more tank tops.  And when Azan told her about all of the other women, we got demure tears.

I think this is accidental...I remember hearing she’s now selling (and therefore wearing) Lularoe clothing. Lularoe is a Mormon company from Utah, so only makes modest styles. No more spaghetti straps for Nicole! (I only know about Lularoe from the Sister Wives thread...)

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, Shieldmaiden said:

I think this is accidental...I remember hearing she’s now selling (and therefore wearing) Lularoe clothing. Lularoe is a Mormon company from Utah, so only makes modest styles. No more spaghetti straps for Nicole! (I only know about Lularoe from the Sister Wives thread...)

A former co-worker sold it.  Ugly stuff at ludicrous prices.  For starters, I'm not paying that kind of money for leggings (that have been shown not to hold up well and require special handling when washing) and second, you get no say in what patterns you get.  That's why there were so many "LuLaRoe" trade groups at one time.  I've noticed a lot of MLM stuff has some sort of religious bend to it (Thirty-One and Younique, just for starters).

• Love 5
On 7/9/2018 at 5:06 PM, Quof said:

If you're not being legally married, it's not a wedding, it's play acting - like my Third Grade Wedding. 

Exactly. The ceremony is the marriage for Azan's family. Without making it legal, there is nothing to do but call the whole thing off.

In our culture, many people do those two things separately and have the equivalent of My Third Grade Wedding. Sometimes it's the only practical thing to do. Couples may want to get married, but they may want to save up for a big splashy wedding, etc. And, the ceremonies are beautiful. People dress up, enjoy the "wedding" and get drunk afterwards.

Over there it would make zero sense.

I am surprised that Nicole hasn't had any dress fittings. Maybe they have to special order things in her size? It would be very unusual over there to have a young woman of her size. Their diet and habits are completely different. The clothes are loosely fitting so that works in her favor. From what I understand, the gowns are 'rented' because there are so many, but in her case, they may have to purchase them. The wedding planner they hire simply wouldn't have those in stock.

Still, it's unusual that we haven't been introduced to the wedding planner, the "neggafa." I understand that's a thing over there. It's quite possible that there were no plans made and Azan's family knew the wedding wouldn't happen so it is simply a ploy to get Nicole to reimburse them for cash that was never spent? Still, his family's outrage seemed genuine although they might just dislike Nicole. She's been a lazy mother, lazy houseguest, and disrespectful of them and their culture in every way.

• Love 5

Lularoe is ugly as sin.  It doesn't look good on anyone .  The patterns are horrid.  There are like two styles that are cute- a pencil skirt and one of the dresses (but in a solid).  I guess Nicole thought that since she's on a tv show and has tons of followers on social media that it would help her selling exposure.  the only people that are really successful in MLM schemes are those with huge followings- bloggers, etc....  I think most people follow Nicole for the freak show aspect; not to support her in her MLM schemes.

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Couples may want to get married, but they may want to save up for a big splashy wedding, etc. And, the ceremonies are beautiful. People dress up, enjoy the "wedding" and get drunk afterwards

The Pretty Princess Day, aka, "I didn't get enough attention at my real wedding, so I'm going to re-enact it."   It's not a wedding.   

• Love 4
1 hour ago, doyouevengohere said:

Lularoe is ugly as sin.  It doesn't look good on anyone .  The patterns are horrid.  There are like two styles that are cute- a pencil skirt and one of the dresses (but in a solid).  I guess Nicole thought that since she's on a tv show and has tons of followers on social media that it would help her selling exposure.  the only people that are really successful in MLM schemes are those with huge followings- bloggers, etc....  I think most people follow Nicole for the freak show aspect; not to support her in her MLM schemes.

My two best friends adore the stuff. I looked into it and it is way too expensive. The styles are okay. I love leggings but can find similar styles for a fraction of the cost. 

13 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I agree, she is calmer. When she told him about the women, I thought she would blow a gasket. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Exactly. The ceremony is the marriage for Azan's family. Without making it legal, there is nothing to do but call the whole thing off.

In our culture, many people do those two things separately and have the equivalent of My Third Grade Wedding. Sometimes it's the only practical thing to do. Couples may want to get married, but they may want to save up for a big splashy wedding, etc. And, the ceremonies are beautiful. People dress up, enjoy the "wedding" and get drunk afterwards.

Over there it would make zero sense.

I am surprised that Nicole hasn't had any dress fittings. Maybe they have to special order things in her size? It would be very unusual over there to have a young woman of her size. Their diet and habits are completely different. The clothes are loosely fitting so that works in her favor. From what I understand, the gowns are 'rented' because there are so many, but in her case, they may have to purchase them. The wedding planner they hire simply wouldn't have those in stock.

Still, it's unusual that we haven't been introduced to the wedding planner, the "neggafa." I understand that's a thing over there. It's quite possible that there were no plans made and Azan's family knew the wedding wouldn't happen so it is simply a ploy to get Nicole to reimburse them for cash that was never spent? Still, his family's outrage seemed genuine although they might just dislike Nicole. She's been a lazy mother, lazy houseguest, and disrespectful of them and their culture in every way.

There’s too many things that don’t add up. Why is Nicole’s mother going home 10 days before the wedding, only to return in a week or so, just as her father is coming to Morocco in a couple days? Why are they only bringing the papers to the notary 10 days before, when Nicole had been there much longer than 10 days?

i can’t believe Nicole knows absolutely nothing about the wedding ceremony or that she hasn’t even seen the venue or discussed the  menu. It wouldn’t shock me if they  are in on the scam and never made any plans. If the wedding by some miracle does take place, Nicole is going to have to use her stash of cash to pay for it. That’s money she planned on using as living expenses while waiting for a spousal visa. 

I loved Azan telling Robbalee that he will do freelance work to support them. “Freelancing” is that like trolling for dollars on the internet?

• Love 3
8 hours ago, iwasish said:

There’s too many things that don’t add up. Why is Nicole’s mother going home 10 days before the wedding, only to return in a week or so, just as her father is coming to Morocco in a couple days? Why are they only bringing the papers to the notary 10 days before, when Nicole had been there much longer than 10 days?

i can’t believe Nicole knows absolutely nothing about the wedding ceremony or that she hasn’t even seen the venue or discussed the  menu. It wouldn’t shock me if they  are in on the scam and never made any plans. If the wedding by some miracle does take place, Nicole is going to have to use her stash of cash to pay for it. That’s money she planned on using as living expenses while waiting for a spousal visa. 

I loved Azan telling Robbalee that he will do freelance work to support them. “Freelancing” is that like trolling for dollars on the internet?

If they were scamming them, it seems like the producers would have figured it out, and that would have been even more of a story. Although the fact that Nicole screwed everything up is a storyline in and of itself. 

Still, the producers would be asking all of the common sense questions about the food, the reception area, the dress fittings, etc.  And they would be following Nicole around because that would be more interesting than watching them sit in restaurants. 

If it was a scam and there were no wedding preparations, perhaps we will find that out.

It's hard to envision an entire family being that predatory, but Nicole really was rude to them on prior visits. She was the houseguest from hell.

• Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

My two best friends adore the stuff. I looked into it and it is way too expensive. The styles are okay. I love leggings but can find similar styles for a fraction of the cost. 

I agree, she is calmer. When she told him about the women, I thought she would blow a gasket. 

I just don't think she's capable of growing into that kind of maturity on her own. I really think the family got together and gave her a tune up.

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

If they were scamming them, it seems like the producers would have figured it out, and that would have been even more of a story. Although the fact that Nicole screwed everything up is a storyline in and of itself. 

Still, the producers would be asking all of the common sense questions about the food, the reception area, the dress fittings, etc.  And they would be following Nicole around because that would be more interesting than watching them sit in restaurants. 

If it was a scam and there were no wedding preparations, perhaps we will find that out.

It's hard to envision an entire family being that predatory, but Nicole really was rude to them on prior visits. She was the houseguest from hell.

Who knows what bullshit Azan is telling HIS family. He could be playing them as well as playing Nicole. What kind of person allows basically strangers to plan and PAY for their wedding without so much as lifting a finger to help or offer to pay something? And to not even know one thing about the ceremony, venue, what food will be served etc, Has she gone for a dress, she said there are like 6 changes and 10 days before ... Nothing? Something is  rotten in Morocco.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Who knows what bullshit Azan is telling HIS family. He could be playing them as well as playing Nicole. What kind of person allows basically strangers to plan and PAY for their wedding without so much as lifting a finger to help or offer to pay something? And to not even know one thing about the ceremony, venue, what food will be served etc, Has she gone for a dress, she said there are like 6 changes and 10 days before ... Nothing? Something is  rotten in Morocco.

Nicole's mom probably feels that Azan has hit her daughter up for so much money that she doesn't want to give them another dime.  Otherwise she would probably offer to help with wedding expenses. Nicole feels like Azan's family is her new family even though she's treated them like crap. Well, that's how she treats her own family so she treats them like family.  They filmed the buying of that white monstrosity of a dress she bought in Florida so why not the dresses she will wear in Morocco?

Something is rotten in Morocco. I hope the producers let us in on it.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I think that we are going to get an entire season of Nicole and Azan doing everything for the wedding. They are saving it to get another season out of it. I believe they have filmed those things with Nicole they are just on ice a bit.

• Love 3