Type keyword(s) to search

S35.E02: I'm a Wild Banshee

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Speaking of Cole and Jessica, I found that whole thing kinda cute, but they look like brother and sister so I also find it kinda creepy. Seriously, they look like they could be twins.

I think Cole telling Joe about the idol clue was about him being, well, simple. I just don't think he's much of a strategic thinker so he didn't even consider that telling Joe might not be the smartest plan.

• Love 3

I can see blurting it in the moment but I fully expected him to address whether or not it was a mistake in a TH.  Which makes me wonder if he never even considered the alternative-- finding it himself.  Or maybe that was just what the editors want us to think.  

From Simone's exit interview 

On a serious note, did it feel like you were anchored down by that fear? Was it such a fear that you felt it was impacting you socially?

I think so. But it's also because I'm such an open person. I went out there and was like, "I don't want to have to deal with the Asian stereotypes. I'm not going to let anyone perceive me as sneaky. I'm going to share everything. I can not care about how I'm going to seem. I need to be open with people. I went to college here, I don't know how to drive, yes I do regret lacking these basic life skills but whatever." And one of the things I would talk about was my body. Lauren was there, the salt-of-the-earth nicest person you will ever meet, and she was like, "What do you say to a person who is constantly talking about this, and what do you say to someone who doesn't have much in common with you?" I tried to bond with her over the fact that we both had never left the country before, but she wasn't having it. But I had a lot of fun. I had this feeling that I was either going to go super early and nobody was going to remember me, or I was going to make it deep. At Tribal Council, I felt like it was a 50-50 chance. It could be me, but it could be Patrick. I knew I didn't fit in, and I knew there was nowhere to hide on a tribe of six. I didn't want anyone thinking I was sneaky or disloyal. Obviously I didn't do as well as I wanted to, but I still had the time of my life. Especially days five and six, after I went.

I'm sure that was a relief. (Laughs) Tell me about that Tribal Council, and the plan to come after Patrick. Did you feel like it had a real shot at succeeding?

Let me tell you a thing about Patrick. There's so much to talk about with Patrick. It's insane we haven't been talking about him [this whole time]. He would get up in the middle of the night and scream and howl. He loved the cameras. You just saw a snippet of it. That wasn't even the tip of the iceberg. You have no idea. It got to the point where he was bickering with Lauren, he was treating Ryan like a court jester: "Make me laugh, Ryan!" He would go on and on. I was thinking to myself, "I know I'm not gelling with everybody, but this man? Wow. The loudest person I have ever met in my life."

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

I can see blurting it in the moment but I fully expected him to address whether or not it was a mistake in a TH.  Which makes me wonder if he never even considered the alternative-- finding it himself.  Or maybe that was just what the editors want us to think.  

Yea, it did seem like he never even thought about it after the fact. It could be editing, but I doubt it. He just doesn't seem like a strategic thinker at all. And now with his Jessica crush I doubt he'll ever do much.

• Love 1

The word "far"?  Like she was 'far too afraid', 'far too clever', etc.?   (ETA: Ah, never mind.  I see you meant the word "like".  Yeah, that's hard to listen to.)

1 hour ago, marys1000 said:

And one of the things I would talk about was my body.

?

Edited by Guest
16 hours ago, ratgirlagogo said:
16 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Not very many POC have won though. I believe only 5 have.

I get six - Vecepia, Sandra (twice), Yul, Earl, Natalie, and Jeremy.  But yeah that's not a lot over so many seasons.

16 hours ago, eel2178 said:

I'm still not clear how this makes her a "hero."

Same way being a probation officer makes you a "healer," I guess.

What does POC mean here?    And why is Vecepia on a list with fabulous winners?  She is not in this class.   

Trying to fit professions into these categories is pointless.  I wish they would stop this nonsense and just have 2 teams with local names as they have done in the past.    

• Love 1
1 hour ago, marys1000 said:

Let me tell you a thing about Patrick. There's so much to talk about with Patrick. It's insane we haven't been talking about him [this whole time]. He would get up in the middle of the night and scream and howl. He loved the cameras. You just saw a snippet of it. That wasn't even the tip of the iceberg. You have no idea. It got to the point where he was bickering with Lauren, he was treating Ryan like a court jester: "Make me laugh, Ryan!" He would go on and on. I was thinking to myself, "I know I'm not gelling with everybody, but this man? Wow. The loudest person I have ever met in my life."

I knew what we were seeing was just a part of what they are putting up with.

• Love 2

Jesus, if he really does get up in the middle of the night to howl and yell for no reason at all...words fail me.  I don't know what is worse:  that's he trying that hard to be a "character" or that he thinks that's appropriate adult behavior.

I remain uncomfortably chagrined by his physical resemblance to my ex-husband (when he was that age).  Not the crazy eyes though, thank god.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

huh? I have no idea who you are talking about but I tend to forget most contestants about 5 minutes after the show ends. The ones I remember tend to have won and I like or are those annoying big personalities who annoy the living hell out of me and normally don't have a chance in hell of winning the game.

I think @KimberStormer was referencing Jessica "Figgy" Figueroa.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Special K said:

I remain uncomfortably chagrined by his physical resemblance to my ex-husband (when he was that age).  Not the crazy eyes though, thank god.

Devon greatly resembles my niece's ex-boyfriend:  appearance, vocal inflections, mannerisms, lifestyle, everything.  He was a sweet guy, but even at 30yo no ambition, no drive, no thoughts except for when he could be the first to shred the next dump of fresh powder on the mountain with his snowboard in the winter or catch the first set of waves in the summer.  He only works enough each month to pay his bills that month (lucky for him his father owns a construction company so he can do that), then he goofs off the rest of the time.  If he hadn't been with my niece, he would literally have just couch surfed around his friend's places which he somehow managed to do despite the fact he didn't own a car.  My niece finally got tired of his schtick and dumped him, but it took a while for that to sink into his head.

So I find Devon an interesting character.  I'm trying not to conflate him too badly with my niece's ex, but it is so hard not to!  What I find most interesting is that he seems to have developed an instant friendship/alliance with skinny and intense Ryan.  That might be a partnership that goes long in the game because I think they balance each other out and don't seem to be obnoxious chest-bumping bro-sters.

Oh lord.  If Patrick really does get up in the middle of the night to hoot and holler and is acting out to get camera time--which was obvious from day one--then I truly can't see why he didn't go first.  That is not a goat I want to take to the end--I like my sleep!

• Love 1

Let's see. Vote out the perfect goat . . . the one nobody seems to like . . . and keep around the young, fit, charismatic guy who will dominate the individual challenges. Smart move!

Again. Nobody seems to be playing the long game here.

• Love 3

You only get to go up against the goat if you make it that far. Right now it is a team game. You want to avoid tribal. What is the point of having the perfect goat if you end up at tribal? You want to get to the merge with numbers. Heck, you want to get to the tribe swap with numbers. So you keep the annoying dude who is great at challenges knowing that he is going to lose individual immunity at some point in time. Seriously, Ozzy and his ilk lose every season because they are bound to lose an immunity challenge after the merge.

If you get to the merge with just one person by your side, the goat, you are not likely to make it to final tribal. If you get to the merge with five people by your side, one being a challenge beast, you stand a better chance at voting him out before final tribal.

It seems to me like they are playing the long game just fine.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, Sugar said:

Also, I'm by no means a supporter of the 'fat is beautiful movement', but Lauren is...not even heavy? I mean, she looks very average to me. I certainly wouldn't look at her and assume she'd suck at challenges/be useless around camp. She has a few extra pounds, no big deal. 

Having a few extra pounds at the beginning of Survivor is a good thing.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, Sugar said:

I think it's hilarious when people lie about their professions on Survivor (especially when there doesn't really seem a need for it), but I think Lauren was smart not to divulge hers. Can you imagine the pressure?

This is a good point. They might have expected Ozzy 2.0. 

6 hours ago, sadiegirl1999 said:

I am chuckling at the declarations of this season is boring.

Yes, it is boring but it always is unless it's returnees.

We don't know names, can't keep people straight and the editors simply cannot let us "get to know" the entire cast in the first few episodes.

As with most things Survivor, it will get better as it gets going. JMO

Agreed. I don't ever expect it to knock my socks off right out of the gate. If it does, I'm pleasantly surprised. But I'm enjoying this season just fine so far. I'm sure momentum will build as it goes. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ProfCrash said:

So you keep the annoying dude who is great at challenges

I'll admit I tend to zone out some during comps. It's always the same ol, same ol. But is Patrick that great at challenges? I seem to remember him yelling at everyone to do something with this most recent puzzle....and then it being wrong. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

I am listening to Simone's exit interview with Rob on Rob Has a Podcast and I am thrilled that she is gone. She uses the word like far, far too often. It is painful

I just started listening and I counted 4 likes in her first sentence.   How can you graduate from an Ivy League university and speak that way?

After listening for another minute, I am now convinced the tribe voted her out because all of her likes (and "like, likes") were even more annoying than all of Patrick's goofing and howling in the middle of the night.   She should really get some sort of speech therapy if she wants to be successful.  

52 minutes ago, eel2178 said:

Having a few extra pounds at the beginning of Survivor is a good thing.

Definitely.  I'm not sure if it works out that way, but I always think the ones who look fit, but with 10 or 15 extra pounds will do well.  

Edited by Bryce Lynch

Is it me or do NONE of these so-called fans, etc. that have watched "every.season.of.the.show" somehow completely forget that somewhere in Episodes 3-4 there's gonna be one big fat beautuful shake up among the tribes and that unless the Fickle Buff of Fate rolls your way, you and your forever alliance mate may be shot for good.  

Episode One  -- "Look at us - we can stick together and RUN THIS GAME! We just need one more and we're a MAJORITY!  I've got nothing but CONTEMPT for so-and-so and her pal see-and-see and can't WAIT to vote them out!"

Episode Four -- "I'm stuck on this tribe with so and so and see and see and my alliance is at another tribe.  And they're plotting with the Boo-boo-ka-chu tribe to send me home first if we go to Tribal.  What ever happened to LOYALTY???"

• Love 7

I imagine if they're fans of the game, they know enough to play a bit to production. That means not mentioning that there's usually a tribe swap, and then when it comes pretending to be surprised. If they do talk about it, I figure production won't show it, because when it comes it's supposed to be an OMG tribe switch-up! moment! *eyeroll*

Er, excuse me. I think my slightly jaded curmudgeon is showing a bit today. Sorry bout that. ;)

• Love 1
7 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, it did seem like he never even thought about it after the fact. It could be editing, but I doubt it. He just doesn't seem like a strategic thinker at all. And now with his Jessica crush I doubt he'll ever do much.

There are some people for whom the thought process does not complete without articulation - by talking to others, talking to themselves, doodling it out, etc.  It isn't a barometer of their intelligence (or lack thereof), it's simply the way their brains are wired.  

Cole's vocalizing as he puzzled over the clue initially struck me as a "WTF is he thinking?" kind of thing - but afterwards I began wondering if maybe Cole was simply one of those types of people.

5 hours ago, Special K said:

Jesus, if he really does get up in the middle of the night to howl and yell for no reason at all...words fail me.  I don't know what is worse:  that's he trying that hard to be a "character" or that he thinks that's appropriate adult behavior.

Simple way to put a stop to that nonsense:

"Dude - the next time you pull that shit, you're earning a solid eviction vote at the next Tribal Council.  Guaranteed.  Now shut the FUCK up and let me get back to sleep.

Bet Patrick shuts the hell up then.  ;)

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 1

I thought Simone's wording was interesting "HE was bickering with Lauren".  In the edit it sounds like Lauren has a hard time with Patrick but it doesn't show that maybe he is sort of 

poking at her, getting in her face.  And Ryan if he keeps getting in Ryans face.  As in not interacting the same with everyone. 

Re Devon and the lack of Patrick or anyone else during the swim portion - she said Devon had huge bruises after.  Did anyone notice that?

On 10/5/2017 at 0:12 PM, piequinn35 said:

And Ryan did say that Simone was weird lol.

That was the only entertaining moment of the episode for me. Ryan in his red knee socks and mock turtleneck discussing the weirdness of someone else.

I agree the season will probably get more interesting once we get further into it, but right now I am pretty bored. I spent most of the episode just noticing how everyone looks. Ryan is even whiter than Patrick, which hardly seems possible. Simone is a Seinfeldian two-face, stunningly beautiful at some angles and downright homely at others. HDTV is not a friend to many of the women's complexions. Cole has insanely good posture. Devon's hair hurts my feelings.

Am I the only one who likes Lauren? I get the impression she suffers no fools in her real life, so the evil Survivor Gods gave her Patrick as a tribemate.

• Love 8

I still don't know anybody's name. Is Lauren the fisherman? If so, I kind of liked her. As much as I can like anyone in this dull cast so far. (And I agree that it's usually not that interesting at the beginning of each season but I'm finding this season, in particular, way more dull than the others.)

• Love 4

You only get to go up against the goat if you make it that far. Right now it is a team game. You want to avoid tribal. What is the point of having the perfect goat if you end up at tribal? You want to get to the merge with numbers.

It's never really a "team game." That hasn't been the case since around 2005. The show throws so many twists and shake-ups and switches and merges it's pointless to try to keep "numbers" - there's always someone on your tribe disgruntled enough to turn on you as soon as the tribes switch members or merge. The smartest thing to do is get rid of someone who is going to be a threat to your game down the line as soon as possible. You might not get a second chance, especially after individual immunity comes into play.

Both this week and last the tribes fell into the trap of keeping what they perceived as physically stronger players on the team even though they will probably be a threat post-merge. 

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, marys1000 said:

I thought Simone's wording was interesting "HE was bickering with Lauren".  In the edit it sounds like Lauren has a hard time with Patrick but it doesn't show that maybe he is sort of 

poking at her, getting in her face.  And Ryan if he keeps getting in Ryans face.  As in not interacting the same with everyone. 

Some prodding of Lauren by Patrick did come through the edit: specifically, one scene where Patrick kept going at Lauren with questions about her dancing abilities when she was pretty obviously trying to catch a nap.

10 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

I still don't know anybody's name. Is Lauren the fisherman? If so, I kind of liked her. 

Yes, Lauren is the professional fisher.  

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Yes, Lauren is the professional fisher.  

I can't help it. Every time you use the term fisher, I picture the animal. Any porcupines on that island are toast, man.

240px-Fisher_(animal).jpg

• Love 5
10 hours ago, sadiegirl1999 said:

I am chuckling at the declarations of this season is boring.

Yes, it is boring but it always is unless it's returnees.

We don't know names, can't keep people straight and the editors simply cannot let us "get to know" the entire cast in the first few episodes.

As with most things Survivor, it will get better as it gets going. JMO

Well, glad I and a few others could provide you with a chuckle. FYI, I've watched almost every season and I do not agree that it is always boring unless it's returnees. I do know names, I can keep the bulk of the cast straight. Here's a demo. Off the top of my head:

on the hustlers tribe, annoying little elf of a fellow called Ryan, around 24, works as a bellhop, dark hair; Patrick, 24, mover, though it says "small business owner"  on screen, 24, red curly hair, highly annoying; handsome young fellow with brown hair, Devon, who most people on the thread call Devin, also I think 24, surf instructor. Simone, young Asian woman with long dark hair, just voted out, has some impenetrable job involving the word "associate"; Lauren, 35, boxy looking "fisherman", and Ali, with curly bleached hair, is a celebrity assistant.

on the healers tribe, Dr Mike who I thought was 34 but is maybe 44, urologoist, though he referred to himself as a "sex doctor" in the first ep, has dark hair and wears glasses; Cole, cute young man with midbrown hair, some sort of adventure guide, around 23, who likes Jessica, nurse, fair hair who is late twenties; Joe, annoying aggro tattoed fellow, maybe midthirties, is a parole officer, bald; can't recall other two women.

on the heroes tribe, Katrina, former olympic swimmer, 46, stringy build and short blonde hair, gone; Chrissy, 46, shoulder-length blonde hair, "financial analyst" but actually an actuary, both mums; Ben, beardy ex-marine, mid-thirties but looks older, wears a hat; JP, short fairish hair, fireman, I think; and Alan, beardy black man who ordered JP to prove he didn't have an idol.

There just isn't anyone I particularly like, other than Mike. Some of the cute young guys are cute. Moves will be made. As I said, I will keep watching. But it is up there with my least favourite opening two hours of a season, ever - and that one for me did not greatly improve and had a horrible winner. Namaste!

Edited by violet and green
fixed typos
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

2 plus 2 more "showing interest" are not an unstoppable alliance.  If JP and Ashley sniff out their alliance, things could turn bad for Ben and Chrissy very quickly.  

I'm not saying they are in a bad position.  I just think they are greatly overestimating the power of their twosome.  

Who is Alan going to work with? JP and Ashley, who he already went after very openly and so hard that people in these parts were calling for his head after the first episode? They don't even need Ashley to believe that they have control of the situation. Whatever happens, they are more than justified that they can control their five-person tribe. Their major concern is running into a bad swap, like Sandra did in her only loss. You can't control that, though. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I'll admit I tend to zone out some during comps. It's always the same ol, same ol. But is Patrick that great at challenges? I seem to remember him yelling at everyone to do something with this most recent puzzle....and then it being wrong. 

Yea, Patrick hasn't shown that he's some undeniable force in challenges that they just couldn't lose. Honestly I think it came down to Ali because I believe she is running the tribe and that if she had decided to get rid of Patrick it likely would have happened. But she knows Patrick outside the game and probably figured he was better for her to keep for that reason alone.

4 hours ago, Nashville said:

There are some people for whom the thought process does not complete without articulation - by talking to others, talking to themselves, doodling it out, etc.  It isn't a barometer of their intelligence (or lack thereof), it's simply the way their brains are wired.  

I could definitely see Cole being like that, in which case having a crush on Jessica might actually help him quite a bit strategically because he could bounce stuff off her. But also I could see Cole just being a simple guy who doesn't think strategically and never will.

3 hours ago, fishcakes said:

Am I the only one who likes Lauren? I get the impression she suffers no fools in her real life, so the evil Survivor Gods gave her Patrick as a tribemate.

I don't really like any of them yet, but I found Lauren funny in this episode. I loved her reaction to Patrick's weird screaming over the crab.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, violet and green said:

; can't recall other two women.

Desi and Roark. Gorgeous, ripped, black physical therapist with a doctorate and pagaent history (Desi) and slightly geeky, blonde, white social worker who was once a buyer for Bloomingdale's and likes the physical stuff too (Roark).

We haven't seen much of them since they apparently didn't provide noteworthy enough drama or romance. I thought they both looked promising. Getting a TH or so but no drama the first two eps sounds good to me.

I'm hoping I got to see Joe now because he's going soon and I'll get to see them later because they're not bloody annoying. *crosses fingers*

• Love 3
11 hours ago, cherrypj said:

I think @KimberStormer was referencing Jessica "Figgy" Figueroa.

Hannah also copped a fair bit of flack for expressing her attraction to Ken - the show played it as 100% comedy that the thought would even cross her mind. It's not a rare thing, but I feel like Cole gets leeway for it because he's male and attractive. I don't know. I thought it was cute - Hannah was also cute and Figgy was kind of annoying but Taylor(??) was the waaaaay more annoying half of that "power couple". 

Simone going was a foregone conclusion and while I don't think it was a race thing it does look bad, especially being the first newbie season after MvGX. Her talk about controlling the narrative was oddly interesting though - a new spin on the gameplay fourth-wall breaking that we've become used to - but if she did that outside of confessionals it probably made her seem like much too big of a player to keep around. 

Other impressions: I feel like - and hope - Ali is going to go far, which means she's probably cursed, and I like Ryan a lot more now than I did after the first episode. Joe is still awful and I think Cole wasn't the brightest for helping him but I I feel like we see this exact scenario play out often enough that it doesn't make him a terrible player. Yet. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, simplyme said:

I can't help it. Every time you use the term fisher, I picture the animal. Any porcupines on that island are toast, man.

240px-Fisher_(animal).jpg

I know, I know - but it didn't seem right to refer to Lauren as a 'fisherman', and 'fisherwoman' just seemed too awkward for words.  'Fisher' was gender-neutral, at least.

Although... in looking at Lauren's bio I see she identifies herself as 'fisherman', so I doubt she really gives a shit one way or another.  :)

• Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 10:54 AM, iMonrey said:

Let's see. Vote out the perfect goat . . . the one nobody seems to like . . . and keep around the young, fit, charismatic guy who will dominate the individual challenges. Smart move!

Again. Nobody seems to be playing the long game here.

See, I think SImone would be a goat if they were voting for a winner today.  But I do not think she would be a goat if she was there on Day 39.  I think she's like a David: if she gets her feet under her she could be a big threat.  I don't know if anyone saw it that way, but I think they kind of followed this bit of your advice:

20 hours ago, iMonrey said:

The smartest thing to do is get rid of someone who is going to be a threat to your game down the line as soon as possible.

Patrick I do not see as a threat to anybody, because he's a moron and everyone will be as tired of him as Lauren is by the end.  If it's a physical threat you're worried about, Devon is clearly the bigger fish to fry.  Patrick is the goat on that tribe as far as I can tell (though I doubt poor Lauren would get any votes, not with this cast.)

16 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, Patrick hasn't shown that he's some undeniable force in challenges that they just couldn't lose. Honestly I think it came down to Ali because I believe she is running the tribe and that if she had decided to get rid of Patrick it likely would have happened. But she knows Patrick outside the game and probably figured he was better for her to keep for that reason alone.

Agreed.  Well, I think it is a toss-up between Ali and Ryan at present, which will be determined later, but I think Ali dictated this vote pretty much insofar as she does not want to lose Patrick.  TBH if I were Ali I would have gone straight after Ryan, despite the fact that this would be damn hard because he is already apparently such a social force, but that just emphasizes that the boy needs to go.  She could even sell it as a challenge-strength thing (which would be bogus, because he's been fine in challenges so far, but if they can claim an Olympic swimmer is a challenge liability based on how she looks, they can do it to the skinny nerd too.)  Nobody there is more of a threat than he is, except maybe Ali herself.

Edited by KimberStormer
when quoted I noticed annoying repetition so I closed the barn door long after
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, KimberStormer said:

TBH if I were Ali I would have gone straight after Ryan, despite the fact that this would be damn hard because he is already apparently such a social force, but that just emphasizes that the boy needs to go.  Nobody on that tribe is as much of a threat as he is, and she could even sell it as a challenge-strength thing (which would be bogus, because he's been fine in challenges so far, but if they can claim an Olympic swimmer is a challenge liability based on how she looks, they can do it to the skinny nerd too.)  Nobody there is more of a threat than he is, except maybe Ali herself.

I know that the cast doesn't have the benefit of the interviews, but Ryan's pre-show interviews posted in the cast threads revealed a very good reader of people. I think you are right about him being a danger. 

I also think Roark will be a threat if she gets half a chance. Like others, I am hoping that she will get more attention after the big mouths go. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, KimberStormer said:

Well, I think it is a toss-up between Ali and Ryan at present, which will be determined later ...

I'm just trying to convince myself Ali will win out over Ryan so I'm trying to put it out into the universe as much as I can!

• Love 2
20 hours ago, fishcakes said:

I wouldn't go so far as to say I LIKE her yet; it's still too early. But I want to like her. She seems sensible and I definitely want to see more out of her. 

• Love 7
21 hours ago, iMonrey said:

It's never really a "team game." That hasn't been the case since around 2005. The show throws so many twists and shake-ups and switches and merges it's pointless to try to keep "numbers" - there's always someone on your tribe disgruntled enough to turn on you as soon as the tribes switch members or merge. The smartest thing to do is get rid of someone who is going to be a threat to your game down the line as soon as possible. You might not get a second chance, especially after individual immunity comes into play.

Both this week and last the tribes fell into the trap of keeping what they perceived as physically stronger players on the team even though they will probably be a threat post-merge. 

I agree with the beginning of your post but disagree with what you seem to imply at the end, i.e. that physically stronger players are the threat to your game. As I see it, the threat to your game are the people who will not vote with you. If a potential challenge monster is likely to vote with you (certainty not existing in the game of Survivor), you keep that player, who's not only an ally but also a shield post merge.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, NutMeg said:

I agree with the beginning of your post but disagree with what you seem to imply at the end, i.e. that physically stronger players are the threat to your game. As I see it, the threat to your game are the people who will not vote with you. If a potential challenge monster is likely to vote with you (certainty not existing in the game of Survivor), you keep that player, who's not only an ally but also a shield post merge.

Especially if you think they're more annoying than you. I'd keep the loyal, annoying meatshield whose muscles and unpredictability may worry some folks over the not-as-loyal, annoying, "moldable" player who may be seen as a goat by others (thus possibly making ME the target instead).

I mean... Camping trip? Simone over Patrick. But in Survivor, strategically for Ali and probably Ryan/Devon to some extent too, I can see choosing Patrick.*

*Though God help him if he kept waking me up at night, as a former upstairs neighbor-from-hell discovered when I was an apartment-dweller. I apparently morph from easygoing church-lady muppet persona to demon-possessed Hyde complete with guttural bass voice and language that makes sailors blanche.

• Love 2
On 10/4/2017 at 9:04 PM, LanceM said:

The big elephant in the room...

On 10/4/2017 at 9:36 PM, mojoween said:

I am impressed...

On 10/4/2017 at 10:09 PM, simplyme said:

I... did not need that mental image. 

On 10/4/2017 at 11:25 PM, Silver Raven said:

We're seeing far more of Ryan's package than I care to see

Someone get him some baggy swim trunks so that I can watch this comfortably with my teen boys. 

Edited by Blissfool
I know that some if these quotes are not referencing THE pkg, but I thought it was funny that they encapsulated my thoughts abt the subject
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Nashville said:

I know, I know - but it didn't seem right to refer to Lauren as a 'fisherman', and 'fisherwoman' just seemed too awkward for words.  'Fisher' was gender-neutral, at least.

Although... in looking at Lauren's bio I see she identifies herself as 'fisherman', so I doubt she really gives a shit one way or another.  :)

Yeah, I was struggling with what to call her but "fisherwoman" sounded dumb and "fisherperson" sounded even dumber.

I haven't noticed Ryan's package but, now that you guys have pointed it out, I'm sure it's all I'll be able to see. Dammit, this is what you guys did to me last season with Sierra's eyebrows! *shakes fist*

• Love 6
On 10/4/2017 at 8:11 PM, mojoween said:

Chrissy is pretty fucking full of herself isn't she?  Holy smokes.

Would her comments be amiss if she were a man? Men toot their horns all the time on this show.  Joe, currently.

• Love 7
On 10/4/2017 at 10:11 PM, mojoween said:

Chrissy is pretty fucking full of herself isn't she?  Holy smokes.

Hope she gets blindsided she acts like her idol guarantees her safety until f5 and like no one would think to blindside her 

I have a hard time remembering the contestants names until about episode 4. It seems to me that the editors usually focus on the tribe that will end the episode in tribal council. That only varies if there is some unusual event in one of the other camps. So, With 3 teams, there is a team we haven’t really met yet. I never watch their pre-season videos. 

We barely met Simone.  Patrick would have been my vote if I had been a contestant. Wake me up unnecessarily during  the night once I’ve finally managed to get to sleep in the shelter? Goodbye. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 2
On October 5, 2017 at 0:41 PM, Runningwild said:

Patrick ... looks like Andy Dalton  

Yes!!

I'm busy catching up after vacation so my attention was mostly elsewhere, so a couple of quick comments.:

You know who would have nailed the underwater part of the IC?  Katrina.

My goodness Ali is beautiful. The camera really loves her. She's one of those lucky women who will look more radiant the longer she is out there. 

I found I liked most people more this week than last. Still don't know much about many of them, but Chrissy and Ryan were more interesting than annoying (as they were last week).  

• Love 1