Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

On 5/7/2021 at 8:40 AM, Irlandesa said:

When's the last time someone had sex on this show without being drunk first? 

That would be April 15, 1912.  Doug and Julie were on one of their long cruises when she felt the need to cha-cha-cha while Dougie played his ukelele.  Doug desperately wanted a drink to get through it but all Julie would let him have was herself.  Tragedy ensues.  Again.....

giphy.gif

The ship was the Titanic.

• LOL 20
1 hour ago, RedElf said:

I don't think Nicole will be happy if she finds out that Xander is working with Kristin.

I don't think Xander will be happy working for Kristen when he finds out that she was behind Sarah breaking off with him and disappearing.

10 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Yes, I don't understand why she can't go visit him? It's not like he's gone to war.

She even stayed home in Salem when his flighted got delayed/canceled for the holidays and she wouldn't fly out to see Eric because Holly has a recital coming up. Why couldn't she just take Holly with her or just miss the recital?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I don't think Xander will be happy working for Kristen when he finds out that she was behind Sarah breaking off with him and disappearing.

She even stayed home in Salem when his flighted got delayed/canceled for the holidays and she wouldn't fly out to see Eric because Holly has a recital coming up. Why couldn't she just take Holly with her or just miss the recital?

Maybe Xander will stumble upon the Sarah mask.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 5/7/2021 at 9:37 AM, peachmangosteen said:

I really wish they weren't doing Jake/Gabi. Jake in general just doesn't work for me. Especially now that they have him being all manhandle-y.

I'm basically over Nicole but I'm mildly interested in this Xander hookup. 

On 5/7/2021 at 9:37 AM, peachmangosteen said:

I really wish they weren't doing Jake/Gabi. Jake in general just doesn't work for me. 

I just don’t like Jake..at all

I was never a huge Gabby fan, but just started liking her ..I like the chemistry between her and Philip. JKJ is great in his scenes with her. 
I just want more JKJ..and I’m sick of Philip always getting the runaround with any romantic potentials. There are not many ...and at least they (Gabby and Philip) were fun.

oh well. I’m hoping JKJ isn’t leaving the show again. 😟😳

• Love 6

"Gwen comes clean with Jack."

She has managed to drive a hell of a wedge between Jack & Abby, so I will be shocked if Gwen does the right thing and admits that her baby was already dead when she fell down the stairs and that Abby did not push her.  But is there really anything else she needs to confess, though? Did she already admit to Jack that she drugged Abby?

If she does admit that Abby didn't push her and Jack still does not rip her a new one, I will be royally pissed. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

I thought it was the re-cast EJ. It could be Johnny.

Once he's back, they won't be able to use him as an excuse for why certain characters are off-screen anymore. Johnny and Sydney will have to follow.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Once he's back, they won't be able to use him as an excuse for why certain characters are off-screen anymore. Johnny and Sydney will have to follow.

Depends on how old they will be. They can be backpacking around Europe or something. I'd say Colorado to visit their great grandparents, but Doc's parents MUST be dead by now.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Artsda said:

We haven't seen any children on any soaps have we since Covid? Safer for the kids.

GH had at various times had shown Avery, Violet, Charlotte, Wylie, Jake, Danny, Rocco and Leo

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Artsda said:

I hope when Gwen comes clean with Jack it's too late to save his relationship with Abby. She should be done with Jack and leave him to Gwen.

Hell, with the way Jack has been acting he might not even care.

It wouldn't be one bit surprising with this current OOC version of Jack, that he won't care that Gwen, despite all her bullshit claims about wanting to start fresh and have a relationship with Abigail, lied and accused Abigail of pushing her down some stairs to kill her baby.  All she has to do is cry some big, fat, fake tears and Jack will just pat her on the back, give her a big dad hug and tell her it's okay.  He might even commend her for coming out with the truth on her own!  She's such a big girl now!  Daddy will be so proud!  She will be welcomed with open arms into the family home of multiple people she tried to destroy.

Gwen is the absolute worst.  The overgrown baby burns down and destroys people's lives and relationships and thinks that she should just get to move on when she's ready and just leaves those people to deal with and suffer from the damage she's caused.  

The only way to salvage this story and Jack as character is if Jack is pulling some sort of double-cross.  That he's been playing Gwen this whole time to make her pay for what she did to Abigail.  Maybe he's letting her think he's on her side to keep her off her guard while he gathers evidence or something in regards to her poisoning Abigail for months.  What she did was obviously criminal as Gabi was charged/questioned wasn't she?  They all know it was her.  Why no one is looking for evidence is stupid.  The police should be investigating her regardless of what Jack or Chad think.  All Abigail needed to do was report the new information she had when Gwen revealed who she was.  It would be great to see Jack turn the tables on her and let her know that he would never let some rando, no matter whose child she is, fuck with his family, especially his wife and baby girl, like she has.  He wouldn't have been able to tell anyone so that Gwen really believed he was taking her side like he has.  

But that would probably be too interesting for these writers.  They will just keep trying to force Gwen as someone the audience should care about despite the awful things she's done with no real consequences for anything.  She just keeps lying and doing nasty things.

She's still such a pointless, useless character.  It's absolutely correct that making her Jack's daughter does nothing to increase her relevance or purposefulness.  She's just a hateful, nasty wench who keeps getting new stories to try and make her a thing.  I'm expecting an illness next as her latest sob story.  She's had so far: bad childhood, daddy didn't love me/loved my sibling more, Laura made the villain, Abigail is just so, so mean to her, miracle baby dies, pushed down some stairs, and more to come!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Yeah they have heaps of kids on General Mobsters and Y&R

Kids have been way more of a factor on those shows. When it comes to Days, they've never done that much with kids, at least since the late 90's. The only pre-teen kiddie characters that weren't just wallpaper were Will and Ciara. Even Abby didn't do much until she was SORASed into Ashley Benson.

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Kids have been way more of a factor on those shows. When it comes to Days, they've never done that much with kids, at least since the late 90's. The only pre-teen kiddie characters that weren't just wallpaper were Will and Ciara. Even Abby didn't do much until she was SORASed into Ashley Benson.

True! That’s actually when I started watching days religiously ..the teen scene!  So stupid, yet compelling, I couldn’t stay away. 
It’s probably why I still can’t quite like the non original Shaun-d..since he was replaced..but I’m coming around. Same with Bell, though I like MM now...Belle..always up and down with her

Anywayyyyy....how fast the kids grow up..speedy Salem quick.

Not that I mind..unless the young kid is mega comfortable in acting, it just distracts me.

amd LOL @ child Will

all I can remember with him is Kate and Chucky-the-doll version of Wills..diving off a cliff!

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I concur I was just replying to the person who said they're off cuz of Covid. 

10 hours ago, KBrownie said:

She's just a hateful, nasty wench who keeps getting new stories to try and make her a thing.  I'm expecting an illness next as her latest sob story. 

That's actually a really good idea. Gwen will need an organ and of course, the only match will be Abby. (Or they could go to Gabi since she seems to be the universal donor.) But, I think that will have to wait since I think Kate has the next illness SL.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

It just annoys me when they make everybody related without a purpose like when Bo was revealed to be Victor's and it drove stories for Bo and Papa Shawn while putting a spotlight on their complicated father/son relationship. I also liked it because it gave Bo a story outside of Hope. 

Everybody being related is done too much just like coming back from the dead.  It is just more lazy and unimaginative writing from Ron.

I don't care about Lani and I care even less about her lineage.  She would have been better as an antagonist for Shelle and could have bonded with Abe without him being her dad. 

Lani being fixated on Shawn was the only time I ever found her remotely interesting. They also had chem (more than this version of Shelle tbh).  This would've been good conflict for Hope/Abe if Lani was fixated on Shawn and Abe had to deal with a daughter who was nothing like him.  Instead JJ ended up getting stuck with her and now Eli.

• Love 3

It should but it won't because

1) That's too character driven for this show

2) Sami is written to be a perpetual teenager despite being a grandmother of 2

3) Carrie isn't around and they have Belle as the Carrie stand-in so Sami/Belle is the only conflict that matters.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

There's no legit spoilers that Johnny is returning though, right? I mean, it does make a ton sense and I think it has potential, but I'm gonna wait until it's an actual spoiler and not spec to care lol.

I remember there being rumors he was coming back but like as a 15-year old. Which would be funny because I really wouldn't put it past this show to have either forgotten that Johnny and Allie are twins, or just not care.

• LOL 4
35 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

Wait, catching up here - there's a rumour that Paulina is Lani's mom? Wouldn't Abe... remember sleeping with Paulina? They've played it as he's never met her before (and Paulina played it the same way.)

I heard the rumor of what she's hiding is she's broke. That would explain her cutting Chanel off and constantly barraging her about working and responsibility after 23 yrs of coddling 

interesting if Johnny comes back I hope he has a better personality and story than Allie

• Love 7
12 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I remember there being rumors he was coming back but like as a 15-year old. Which would be funny because I really wouldn't put it past this show to have either forgotten that Johnny and Allie are twins, or just not care.

I remember rumors about him returning too but I feel like it was ages ago, like before Allie even returned. The writers are bad/stupid/lazy for the most part but I can't imagine they'd have Johnny come back and be years younger than Allie. They can't be that bad!

12 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

Wait, catching up here - there's a rumour that Paulina is Lani's mom? Wouldn't Abe... remember sleeping with Paulina? They've played it as he's never met her before (and Paulina played it the same way.)

Yea, it wouldn't make sense unless Abe also wasn't her father. But I think Paulina's secret is almost certainly that she's broke.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

Maybe she secret is who Chanel’s dad is or that is she not Chanel mom 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 5/9/2021 at 1:09 AM, methodwriter85 said:

Shawn-Douglas had some storylines as a child.  Wasn't he in an accident that made him go deaf for awhile?  I forget when that was, though - may have been before the late 90s, like you mention.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Shawn-Douglas had some storylines as a child.  Wasn't he in an accident that made him go deaf for awhile?  I forget when that was, though - may have been before the late 90s, like you mention.

That happened right after Hope 'fell' into the acid bath at the denouement of the Cruise of Deception. Shawn D fell down a well built by GenCon/Laurence Alamain, so fall 1990. He went deaf and Bo became a vigilante blowing up GenCon building sites. Steve found out and tried to stop him and ended up 'killed' in a hit meant for Bo. I don't know what happened after that cause I quit watching after Steve left and then the show did a 180 and said Nick Corelli was responsible. Those two departures combined with an obviously looming Jennifer Rose Rape and I was out of there for two years.

• Love 3

Regarding Paulina's secret: When she "confided" her secret to the babies, she said something like "you babies do my heart good, more than you know". The wording made me think that she could have a bad heart or some other illness and is dying. I certainly don't want her secret to be that she's Lani's mother, which is just too much maternity/paternity shenanigans on this soap. And making Paulina broke makes no sense since she just handed Lani & Eli a blank check for the twins' college fund. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

I vaguely remember the 12-year old Shawn we saw circa 1997-98 before he came back as "16"-year old Jason Cooke in '99. I wasn't watching Days until '97. That was when Kirsten and Marlena were trapped in a basement watching Susan's tacky Elvis wedding to John. Wasn't Sami also pretending to be sweet pre-raped Sami at one point? That might have been 1998. I think it's when Dylan McKay's father came on as Not Dead Roman to interrupt John and Marlena's wedding. Maybe it was late '97 after the Hunka Hunka Burning Love wedding? It's kind of funny that Kirsten transferred obsessions because John got too old for her, LMAO.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
18 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

I vaguely remember the 12-year old Shawn we saw circa 1997-98 before he came back as "16"-year old Jason Cooke in '99. I wasn't watching Days until '97. That was when Kirsten and Marlena were trapped in a basement watching Susan's tacky Elvis wedding to John. Wasn't Sami also pretending to be sweet pre-raped Sami at one point? That might have been 1998. I think it's when Dylan McKay's father came on as Not Dead Roman to interrupt John and Marlena's wedding. Maybe it was late '97 after the Hunka Hunka Burning Love wedding? It's kind of funny that Kirsten transferred obsessions because John got too old for her, LMAO.

Exactly! she transferred her obsession for John onto his son Brady and she also has a baby to connect her to John like their baby that she lost.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 2