Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: The One with the Baby Carrot

MostlyC

Lucifer removes his wings; Linda worries that Lucifer is neglecting his own well-being; Lucifer and Chloe must put their differences aside to solve a case that Lucifer has taken a sudden interest in; Detective Pierce's past is revealed

Okay, we're tying out posting the date when it airs in the USA, but remember, fine posters, the thread will UNLOCK on October 8th.

Between The Orville and this show, it would seem that FOX has declared its open season on genitalia jokes.  Both the tiny version and "That is the biggest cock I've ever seen".

Remember aspiring comedians, its not the itchy butt jokes but how you present the scratching of said itch(es) that people come to see.

My radar is going nuts on Pierce.  He seems genuinely all-in on getting the SinnerMan, but he's also throwing off some serious "don't trust that arrogant dick!" vibes.  [side note:  Is Tom Welling's hair truly 'salt & pepper' now, or is it just color added for the show to make him seem older?]

Amen and Dr Linda shared some bonding time.  They make a good pair to share screen time.
Linda:  "This isn't quite what I expected.  I thought it would be something more, like, reverential.  And certainly less 'burning celestial objects in a dumpster fire'."

Still no Maze or Trixie.  Although, not!Maze shared a short convo with Lucifer over the phone.

Oh, and need a favor?  Luci's back in business.

• Love 1

It was an enjoyable episode, with great one-liners, but the balance is definitely off for me right now.

They did dumb down Ella so a little of her goes a long way. Dan being constantly kicked by his new boss makes him too much of a butt monkey and it stops being funny for me even when Lucifer mocks him "affectionately". Maze is missing in action. Trixie is nowhere to be seen. Chloe doesn't share screentime with characters other than cops, and has none of her own (with her daughter and friends or with Lucifer outside work).

Lieutenant Jackass Oh wait actually he's noble and dedicated yeah right is still set on default mode and I still see no chemistry, least of all with Lucifer. Tom Ellis is acting circles around Tom Welling, and kills him with charisma. It made their scenes jarring instead of engaging, in my eyes.  

Tom Ellis carried this episode and Lucifer was the MVP. Mr.Morningstar was in full acting-up mode like the lovable maverick he is, and made me laugh out loud many times. Welcome back, you devilish you! I also loved Chloe being portrayed first and foremost as competent, and as no-nonsense but keeping an open mind with Lucifer. You see that she's careful not to hurt him, and explains why, even when she tells him off. I've always loved this side of her and this side of their relationship so I'm very glad it's still there.

More Linda, which is always a plus, and with Amenadiel, which is always a plus. I thought of this board when she called him "Amen", and thought "No, it should be Amy!". 

Crossing my fingers so that I have only praises for the next one.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 9

Lucy, Amy and now Detective Danielle! Throw in the many references to the criminal overlord "Cinnamon", and I would strongly suspect that the writers were reading this board! 

Except of course that the episodes were probably filmed months ago. So I guess that great minds really do think alike!

Also, Lucy throwing tomatoes at Dan came out of nowhere and was hilarious!

• Love 6

Aw Linda clearly needs to talk to someone. I hope eventually someone asks her how she's  really doing. 

Lucifer brought tomatoes! That was my second favorite part. The episode  was okay, obviously  had its funny moments  but the last scene of Lucifer Bloody Morningstar was everything. 

I'm  so excited next week thanks to the Maze-filled promo. She's so missed!

• Love 5

Oh sweet Tom Welling. I always knew he was the weakest link on Smallville (except Kristin Kreuk) but wow he really stands out on this show. I hope he loosens up some and he's just really out of practice acting. 

Can we we ease up on Dan and what did they do to Ella? She's way over the top. 

• Love 1

Lucifer randomly throwing tomatoes at Daniel was everything, hahaha. I would have punched him if I was Dan though, heh.

Linda is clearly struggling and I cannot wait until she finally confides in someone about how affected she is by what happened to her. I don't care who she confides in, I just know the scene will be wonderful. I also really liked her interactions with Amenadiel, from thanking him for helping to save her life, to calling him Amen, hah.

All in all, not a bad episode. But I will be needing some Trixie soon.

• Love 4

I really enjoyed Luci and Chloe's interactions this episode. And Linda helping with the reverential celestial dumpster fire. Of course, if TPTB were really reading this board, instead of Amen, she would have suggested Amenadude. I refuse to recognize any other name for him. Given how tailored his suits are, where was Luci hiding the tomatoes? Or, was he conjuring them? Poor Det. Douche. He told them there's a huge difference between improv and stand-up comedy.

Absence of Maze and Trixie continues to be a problem. New Lt. just ain't doing it for me (never watched Smallville so this is my first time seeing the actor). 

And, for the love of all that is unholy, can we please go back to Ella being competent, funny, and quirky instead of this over-the-top-who-knows-what-she's-become. 

• Love 8

Not a good episode IMO, & they've completely ruined Ella. Last season she was a slightly quirky, competent woman with a strong faith in God, this season she's just a ditz.

• Love 8

Hi Lucifer writers! ::waves::

At least, I’m assuming they frequent this forum due to the name conversation. Call him Amy, Linda, we discussed this last week. 

Attempted Comic Dan is going on my list of favorite Dans. Friendship Dan is #1 and Just Got Laid Dan is #2, so Attempted Comic Dan fits in nicely at #3. 

Can’t wait to see Maze again. 

• Love 5

Ella is completely unrecognizable. She was always quirky and kooky, but now she's a complete space cadet.

Even though they are both trying to find and catch the Sinnerman, Lt. Blur Smallville/Metropolis Jerkass needs to have more scenes with someone besides Lucifer because it's a bit early for him to come off as that obsessed with Lucifer.

I really missed Maze and Trixie tonight, especially when Chloe revealed that she didn't know about Dan doing improv. Maze and Trixie are the exact people who need to remind Chloe that she has no life. Dan does improv as a hobby, was bonding with Amenadiel, and is a little heartbroken after his break up with Mom. Maze is finding a way to make a life on her own away from Lucifer. Chloe is the only character who doesn't do anything besides work and sometimes be a mother.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Ella is completely unrecognizable. She was always quirky and kooky, but now she's a complete space cadet.

She was fan-girling over a comic she really liked before realizing he was a thieving asshat.  I'm okay with that as long as we get back to the smart and capable part of her, too.

• Love 3

Linda and Amen (idude/Amy) were wonderful in this episode. Lucy remains his usual entertaining, charming self. Didn't get as much eye sex between him and new Lieutenant though. In fact, the chemistry I saw last episode was no where to be found here. Unfortunately, Ella continues her descent into stupid. *sigh*

• Love 1

Whenever I hear SinnerMan all I can think of is that song Sugarman.

I'm guessing either Tom Welling is SinnerMan or he's chasing him.

I love that Lucifer brought his own tomatoes.

Also, that sitcom stage reminded me of the sitcom stage from the Changing Channels episode of Supernatural.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

I don't think it is humanly possible for Ella to be more obnoxious. 

Didn't like this episode at all.  It seemed more like a cartoon than anything else.

Enough with the penis jokes.  They are supposed to be adults after all.  There are times when Lucifer takes things way too far, from some what humorous to absolute cruelty.  He was beyond cruel in this episode.  People are born with, what they are born with.  It isn't as though they have any control over how well equipped they are.  There is a reason why both men and women have surgery to "perfect" themselves.  Episodes like this don't help.

This has multiple personality written all over it.  Given that he is the new character on the show, it very well could be him.

It's always possible for someone to be more obnoxious.  I was okay with Ella in this one.  Of course she'd be a fan of a show about a guy and his imaginary friend puppets.

Lucifer was supposed to be cruel in this episode (though not to Dan).  The idea was to poke at someone's insecurities and get a rise out of them (so to speak) to reveal a suspect.  And yes, the Devil, who used to be the Lord of Hell, a place of (presumably) eternal punishment, can sometimes take things too far and be cruel.

I hope it won't be multiple personality.  Tom Welling tends to have difficulty showing he has any personality, much less more than one.

• Love 3
On 10/9/2017 at 0:04 AM, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

My radar is going nuts on Pierce.  He seems genuinely all-in on getting the SinnerMan, but he's also throwing off some serious "don't trust that arrogant dick!" vibes.  [side note:  Is Tom Welling's hair truly 'salt & pepper' now, or is it just color added for the show to make him seem older?]

Oh, and need a favor?  Luci's back in business.

If anything they're darkening Welling's hair to make him look younger. Which makes no sense for an accomplished police lieutenant who's also had time to publish a nonfiction book about his career and have it widely read in police circles; they should have had Welling grow his gray beard out and given him a buzzcut to make him look more experienced and less like a fashion model. (Don't get me started on the Bad Boy unprofessional wardrobe and fanfiction/soap opera name they saddled his character with!) His continued antagonism seems misplaced as well—haven't we seen that Lucifer has a supernatural charming effect on human beings who aren't protected by Chloe's special snowflakiness? I could swear that we've seen him talk his way into multiple situations where people should have been throwing him out on his ear but started relating to him as a trusted colleague or friend within moments.

I just have to hit the mute button whenever Dan is on stage doing improv or stand-up comedy. It's utterly cringeworthy to me, and seems completely out of character even if it does let Kevin Alejandro show off more of his talents. Fortunately the visual of thrown rotten tomatoes didn't require sound!

Seeing Lucifer holding court with a sinister grin at the end did make up for a lot of the episode's failings, though. THAT'S the character I started watching this series for!

Edited by Bruinsfan
  • Love 4
47 minutes ago, Bruinsfan said:

Seeing Lucifer holding court with a sinister grin at the end did make up for a lot of the episode's failings, though. THAT'S the character I started watching this series for!

This! I'd rather watch Lucy holding court, being his devilish self while Linda and Amen clean up his messes and Maze kicks ass if people don't pay up. 

Actually I would pay to see a spin off of Linda and Amen as crime scene cleaners. Every scene with them this ep was the best. 

I am very excited to see Maze back next week, and the focus of the ep it seems. They clearly realize how much we missed her. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

His continued antagonism seems misplaced as well—haven't we seen that Lucifer has a supernatural charming effect on human beings who aren't protected by Chloe's special snowflakiness?

Lucifer has two main supernatural abilities when it comes to relating to humans.  He can get most of them to tell what they most desire and he loosens carnal inhibitions toward himself (if you're sexually attracted to him, you really want to act on that attraction).  Beyond that there have been many times that it's taken Dan or Chloe to get him out of a situation his mouth got him into.

19 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

Aw Linda clearly needs to talk to someone. I hope eventually someone asks her how she's  really doing. 

Amenadiel did ask her how she was really doing.  She demurred.  Linda's just not ready to talk yet.  I'm sure she will be eventually.  

I'm wondering if there has been turnover in the writers' room.  The first two episodes have felt off to me, as if the writers have lost their mojo; except for the last scene with Lucifer holding court.  That was excellent.  It doesn't hurt that Tom Ellis is in a different league acting-wise from the rest of the cast.

I liked Tom Welling as Clark Kent but this does not seem to be a good fit here.  I'll give them more time to develop his character but my initial impression is not a good one.  I did like the final scene between Pierce and Lucifer.  Just my speculation but it seems telegraphed that the Sinnerman killed Pierce's child.  Perhaps his spouse also.

• Love 2

Whenever I hear SinnerMan all I can think of is that song Sugarman.

I keep hearing the song, "Have you seen the Muffin Man?"  

It must be because I keep hearing "Cinnamon" instead of "SinnerMan."

waves at any Lucifer writer/crew/cast lurkers

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, MostlyC said:

I keep hearing the song, "Have you seen the Muffin Man?"  

It must be because I keep hearing "Cinnamon" instead of "SinnerMan."

waves at any Lucifer writer/crew/cast lurkers

Really?  Because all I hear when that name is said is this:

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Richness said:

Ella continues her descent into stupid. *sigh*

Could some writer have watched NCIS too often and thought that Ella can be Abby-quirky?  Ella was coming along as capable in her job as well as a true believer in her own life.  A true believer could have an interesting 'sounding board' sort of place in Lucifer's life, as in when she challenged him to go into a church.  

NCIS writers took Tony into a dumber than last year period that lasted way too long.  How many of us have friends who have without reason gone apesh*t silly and foolish?  Not many, because that kind of action isn't an adult thing.

• Love 2

I didn't mind Ella freaking out and fangirling about the comic this episode (I can totally see her being into a show about insecurity and imaginary puppet friends), but I do hope they dont make her a super, ditsy quirk queen. I liked her last year as a funny and quirky, but intelligent and faith based person. I did see some of that last week with her conversation with Amenadiel about having faith in Gods plan, so I hope we get more of that. 

I also hope Dan gets a few lucky breaks soon. It was just sad seeing him getting kicked while hes down all episode. Even Lucifer's jabs seemed extra mean spirited, even at the end when Luci kind of apologized. I did laugh a LOT when Lucifer through a tomato at him. That was classic Lucifer. And at least Lucifer calls him Daniel now. 

Other than those bits, I liked this episode pretty well. Lucifer getting his mojo back was great to see (is he going to grant the desires of all those people, or have hot passionate sex with them? Or both? Who knows?) and he and Chloe had a nice bit of back and fourth, especially over the poor mico penis guy. 

The shot of Lucifer having a show down with the villain was really well shot. The light over his eyes while the rest of him was in shadows was creepy in a good way. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I did see some of that last week with her conversation with Amenadiel about having faith in Gods plan, so I hope we get more of that. 

I thought she was great with Amen. Still quirky but I can't say I wouldn't be distracted by those arms. Damn is Amen built. But I love her confidence in her faith and her genuineness. I mostly find her endearing, though I do find she is teetering on the bring of over the top quirky. I find I really like both Ella's and Linda's conversations with the Devine brothers. One knows they are real and one believes in them though she doesn't know she's talking to them. 

Linda really is my favorite human though. I absolutely love her with every character. 

I hope Dan catches a break soon too (though this site is once again not letting me quote things. Soo annoying). I have a soft spot for Dan. I think he's a good guy who got caught up in some bad shit. But it gets exhausting watching him get shit on all the time. For that reason I am probably the only person who did not like Lucy when he started hitting him with tomatoes. It was too much for me. I'd rather have seen someone pelt Lucy with tomatoes for a change. 

• Love 2

Could some writer have watched NCIS too often and thought that Ella can be Abby-quirky? 

I was thinking the same thing! Or Penolope Garcia...wishing they'd have watched Max (I think that was his name - or the Castle one - or hey best of all Zach on Bones) quirk on Hawaii 5-0 instead. That level of geek but smart seems a lot more appropriate here....

Ya know Tom Welling sang that song "Sinnerman," one episode.  Wonder if that ties in?

I'm in on Clarktom being Sinnerman.  Why else have a name brand actor?

Agree on picking on Dan...sort of. Mostly they're just vastly underutilizing the actor!

Edited by Jlina
  • Love 2

I keep hearing 'Cinna-man' and picturing a small gingerbread like man but made of cinnamon pastry. Tbh, it's kind of a problem because the character is supposed to be scary but literally every time they say his name I picture this:

image.gif

Edited by GirlvsTV
  • Love 6

The episode had some funny moments, but I think it was a bit weak.  Maze and Trixie's absence is hurting the show a bit and some scenes didn't quite work for me, especially when boss detective went to Lucifer's penthouse to warn him about Sinnerman, Lucifer thinks Sinnerman is behind his wings and his lack of demon face, which means Sinnerman must be supernatural or working for someone supernatural. I think we should have seen some subtle evidence of "you're the one who doesn't know how dangerous Sinnerman is, you human". I like it when we get the feeling that Lucifer isn't actually a person (and I'm not talking about his powes or his demon face).

Besides, it's time for Chloe to find the truth about Lucifer and herself. It's like she's outside her own story. I think it would be good for both characters.

I love Amenadiel and I want him to get his wings back so much... Also, his scenes with Linda were great. I agree that she needs to talk to someone and imo, she's waiting for Maze. BFF.

• Love 1

What is going on here? Ella seems to have been possessed by some crazy person. The whole thing just seems off - the spark isn't there and we are getting led around by our noses on the whole wings things.  Amenadiel is back in full angst mode (been there, done that) and nobody (especially Tom Ellis) seems to be having fun. So Dr Linda is in practice again? How'd that happen? A very weak explanation on Maze's absence didn't help - the writers certainly could have done better than that!  It will be interesting to see next week's stand-alone episode from last season to compare. Some progress on the Sinnerman front and Detective Pierce suddenly got interesting - about the only good news on this episode.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

is he going to grant the desires of all those people, or have hot passionate sex with them? Or both?

It could be that a lot of their desires are to have hot, passionate sex with him, so both is far from out of the question in many cases.

On another topic, the absence of Trixie (and Maze) and the use of older episode could be related.  Scarlett Estevez was filming Daddy's Home 2 with Mark Wahlberg and Will Ferrell while I think Lesley-Ann Brandt had a baby.  By re-purposing already filmed episodes, two actresses who are conspicuously absent can "appear" on the show.

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 2

I don't know if someone has mentioned it already, but Chloe DID see Luci's Demon face in season 1, or at least a reflection of it. I've been introducing a family member to early "Lucifer" episodes and have begun a rewatch.

• Love 2

Man, this was the best comedic-centre episode since Season One I think. Especially liked Lucifer throwing tomatoes at Dan during his stand-up comedy act. Freaking brilliant! I just thought rotten tomatoes could have been better lol.

Also, I'm thinking that Marcus Pierce might be the Sinnerman. He's just too shady for a policeman standards.

Edited by Rushmoras
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

I don't know if someone has mentioned it already, but Chloe DID see Luci's Demon face in season 1, or at least a reflection of it. I've been introducing a family member to early "Lucifer" episodes and have begun a rewatch.

Yeah, wasn't she reviewing security tapes and gasping with a horrified look on her face? What happened to that subplot?

17 minutes ago, Bruinsfan said:

Yeah, wasn't she reviewing security tapes and gasping with a horrified look on her face? What happened to that subplot?

She was reviewing tapes of Lucifer casually throwing a guy through a plate glass window and started to believe he really was the Devil.  Then she shot him and he was wounded and bleeding, so he clearly couldn't be the Devil.  That subplot was basically resolved until last season when Lucifer was going to prove to Chloe he was the Devil.  Though honestly, he could start by showing her he's an angel.  His wings are clearly visible to mortals.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

Me too, my father has been watching,  he and I just watched "Monster" last night (Yankees  play tonight so episodes.) In the early season 1 episode where the guy held classes on how to land women, Lucifer showed his face to the girlfriend  that wanted  to kill him and Chloe seemed to catch a glimpse of it in a reflection,  before she shot Lucifer.  Its not clear to Lucifer how much she saw I would think. It's a bit ridiculous Lucifer isn't  testing out if it's a Chloe related issue or if it has to do with his Devilnapping. I know Maze isn't around but he could try "Amen" or even a mirror (I don't think Linda is ready  to see it again so I just don't want him to try to show her.) 

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

It's a bit ridiculous Lucifer isn't  testing out if it's a Chloe related issue or if it has to do with his Devilnapping.

Hell, Luci could try it out on Ella. After Lt. Douche-lite in the opener and comic in this episode, she can fangirl over the Devil in the next episode. It seems that she has to fangirl over someone every episode, so why not Luci in devilface.

• Love 1

Aww, the life of stand-up comedians!  Honestly, I really wouldn't be surprised if this isn't that far off from the truth and it truly is that cutthroat.  They could probably create a Game of Thrones-ish show set in the world of comedians, and it would be just as brutal, political, and dangerous!  That said, I called the killer early one, because there was only two actors credited in the guest list, so once I knew one was Bobby Lowe and it wasn't going to be him, I knew it was going to be Camille Chen's character.  But it was all worth it to watch Lucifer mess up a puppet show!

I love that Dan's improv is still a thing and how he'll defend it to the end.  Totally knew that he was going to bomb big time on stage, because there is pretty big differences between that and stand-up.  Lucifer tossing tomatoes at him still made me laugh, but I hope the poor guy gets a break.

Linda and Amenadiel were great, but I always like there relationship and history.  I appreciate Linda's attempt to find a way to shorten his name, but Amen really doesn't work, so it will still be Amenadiel for me!

I still like Ella, but she is getting out of hand at times.  Although, really, Chloe should have probably not let her anywhere near Bobby since she knew she was a big fan and wouldn't be objective.  Then again, she knew Lucifer was being objective either (hell, in other cases as well), so I guess I just have to accept that Chloe is just way too easy on that front.

Trying to give Marcus a chance, but he's still dull and I do think a lot of that is on Tom Welling.  He's trying, but he has no spark.  Even when I found Dan kind of dull in the early season one days, Kevin Alejandro still brought something to the role that Tom W. (so not to confuse him with Tom Ellis who always brings it!) doesn't.  I actually hope he is The Sinnerman, because I do remember thinking he was actually pretty solid on Smallville, whenever Clark got infected with Red Kryptonite and turned bad.

I understand the reasons behind it, but I'm still missing both Maze and Trixie.

Fun episode, but not the show's best.  But I'm still curious to see where this is going, so it wasn't a complete bust.

22 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

Trying to give Marcus a chance, but he's still dull and I do think a lot of that is on Tom Welling.  He's trying, but he has no spark.

Since you've seen Smallville, you know that TW really is kind of straightforward and stoic. Unless he was on the Red K, he was usually pretty bland, but that's expected of Superman. No highs or lows. The only times he showed any emotions was when his dad died or something bad was happening to the women in his life:  Mom, Lana, Chloe, & Lois. I don't think he has much range.

I still like Ella and though she can be a little manic at times, her use as comic-relief should be toned down just a smidgen, otherwise I like her inclusion in the core group.  Looking forward to the Charlotte Richards episode, as I really want to see how Luci explains his mom no longer being "his" mom.

Haven’t seen Welling since Smallville. Didn’t recognize him. Has filled out nicely. Still no Olivier but remains eye candy. 

Ellis carries all the weight and any scene he is in sparkles. I love him with Dr. Linda. I wish they would advance what they intend to do with Amenadiel ( sp?) since there seems to be so little direction with the character. Bring back Maze please. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, crowsworks said:

Again with the trope of the big old Zippo Lighter being tossed into a fire by someone who could use a book of matches but no....everyone on TV and movies carries a big, fueled up Zippo just in case.

I don't think I've seen an actual book of matches in real life for years.

• Love 1

I was really annoyed with her in this episode. I can believe she'd love a show involving a comic with puppets, but I don't believe she's so clueless that she'd be completely oblivious to all the rudeness he displayed well before she found out he was a thief. He was being SO rude and she just lapped it up like he was being cute. Maybe some fans are like that (where they excuse way too much stuff because they think someone is cute), but she's been shown in previous episodes to be pretty smart so I don't believe that she's too pure / naive / innocent to even notice when a guy is being a jerk. I wanted to at the very least see some of the happy "I'm a big fan" grin start to slide off her face, the more he talked, and then have the thievery be the final nail in the coffin. But I don't think they showed that - instead, she seemed so happy with him, no matter how snippy and insulting he seemed, and I don't buy that. Bad call.

• Love 2

I hope they never give Amenadiel a nickname. It suits him not to have a nickname because he's so formal. Plus, then anything Lucifer calls him (to annoy him) will be extra amusing. But I liked how Linda tried with "Amen", and then dismissed it as not good.

I really like how they've built on the relationships of this show. They could have had Amenadiel be in just a couple scenes with Linda, deceiving her in order to get info about Lucifer, and once he'd been found out (or once he'd gotten what he needed), he could have left that office and never been in another scene with Linda because their paths don't cross. Instead they're building a lovely friendship between them.

Likewise, they could have made Dan just a "douche" and sent him on his merry way to prison, never to be seen again on the show, after his lies were exposed. Or, they could have kept him around as a pointless annoyance (which is what I thought of him in the beginning). Instead, they've given him some substance. I really appreciate that. He's still not as important of a character as Lucifer or Chloe, but I've come to care about what happens to him. 

Just catching up on this season - after transcontinental move et al. and still amazed at how good it is.

For some reason, couldn't plus anyone in the first epi thread, so all you on the first page in particular, I was yes-yessing you all through my reading.

Two things to add: 

One from the past - Sinnerman was sung beautifully by Tom Ellis earlier in the series. As I understand it, Sinnerman is flawed, but not bad/evil, at least by the time the song was sung, but maybe it will have meaning in the future. (As of now, I think Amenadude is the best representation of a sinnerman, or sinnerangel, as I understand it).

One from the future (as per this episode broadcast date): very prescient about the hurt and misery in the comedy business. Including unfunny penis jokes. Enough said. 

Ella, Lucifer's and Chloe entering the studio. There is a giant rooster. Luci: "That's the biggest cock I've ever seen." Which is appropriate given than we are going to hear jokes about micropenis later.

Lucifer making funny voices with a puppet.

Oh, the weirdness and humour in this show!

Edited by emarasmoak

The lighting when Luci was on the catwalk, was amazing.  Managed to convey demonic w/o using the red eyes/demon face.  Speaking of which,  are his glowing eyes gone, too?

Never saw Smallville, but yeah, this guy’s a terrible actor.

• Love 1