Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

14 minutes ago, Normades said:

I was responding to MAGEMAUD who said that they had attended brownie meetings in a defunct fire house.  Apparently in that case, the smell of oil lingered.  It didn't look so clean and sterile to me.  I mean if it were clean, the bed would have at least been made.  It's hard to tell from what we've seen.  Now that it's been brought up, I can totally see the smell of gas and oil lingering.  That said, I think it could be a wonderful place to live, but there are definitely issues that could come up that I would not have considered.  I think David Pour and Annie are lucky to have a place to stay. Smell or no smell.

OK, you were responding to MAGEMAUD. But you said he/she made a "good point" in mentioning the nauseating smell of motor oil. Motor oil is moot in David Poor and Annie's situation. But I do imagine if trucks and lingering smells of oil and gas, etc. were there, yes, it would be unbearable.

10 minutes ago, balisticnikki said:

Columbo?

Nikki can't stand David Poor so it was just a matter of time. Eventually, she would be at her limit w/ him. But she really seemed to like Annie until Annie tried to rub Nikki's nose in the co-sponsor stuff. I wonder why Annie was OK to alienate her only friend.

"Cause Annie is not that bright, she can't be...see Bahtman.

• Love 4

I hope Evelyn's mom tells her about battery operated devices.  She is going to be need them.  Or is that not allowed? She's all excited about their wedding night.  Poor thing.  

What exactly are David Pour's skills? Chris hooked him up with a place, can he hook him up with a job?  Call me crazy but that firehouse looked pretty cool.  Love me some Andrei.  He's not here for anybody's bullshit and will tell you that to your face.  Refreshing.  

• Love 6
19 hours ago, CofCinci said:

In the US, young men bring up their desire for vasectomy to their primary care physician — and the PCP is the one who becomes the barrier with their “you should wait until you’re older” POV.  What many don’t realize is that you can often bypass your PCP (dependent on your health insurance) and just schedule for a consultation with a urologist.  (In case anyone wanted one but has a PCP that likes to assert their personal views into practice).

Josh lives close to Mexico and he could have gone to MX, like you suggested for a quick, messy vasectomy.  I know of two male friends who actually planned a vacation vasectomy but only one went through with it.

18 hours ago, biakbiak said:

With two kids in his 20s, Josh wouldn' have a problem getting a vasectomy. My parter got his at 32 with no kids and just stated he never wanted to have them. 

Must be where I live.  Our PCP was all for it, but the urologists we spoke to were not, until he was almost 40 and we found one who was cool and saw him for kidney stones.  My cousin's daughter had 2 kids by age 21 (not as bad as it sounds - she's just a fertile myrtle) and she wanted her tubes tied after the 2nd one and the hospital didn't want to do it, saying she was "too young" to make that decision.

3 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I know all about being poor.

I also know all about being a well-traveled woman. At 14, I found a secondhand book at a yardsale, a "Budget Guide to Europe." It was already outdated but I went through it, page by page, and circled the hostels, restaurants, and attractions that I wanted to see. People made fun of me. We had children in our county who had never been outside of the county, much less the state or country. There was no money for clothes, groceries, a car, insurance, or a college education but I dreamed of Austria. And, when I was 20, I booked myself a plane ticket and a Eurail pass, and I went. And I took that same book along with me. 

Now, 18 years later, I've traveled to more than 23 countries and lived in 3 of them. I was a successful travel writer for many years and now I am a successful mystery author. 

You are awesome!

• Love 14

I am SALIVATING thinking about next week’s episode. Some thoughts:

-I saw fear in Chris’ eyes during his wife’s confrontation.  David Poor was cool as a goddamn cucumber. If I’d have been in his shoes, I would have felt a mixture of shame, regret, sheepishness.... his face looked like he was daring Chris to cut him off. Buried bodies, indeed. David Poor knows what you did last summer, Chris. And you know it.

-LOL, Evelyn. Fun fact, your honeymoon is going to suuuuuuck. Douche-chill Spaniard David needs to have a glass of vino tinto and calm down. It’s evident that he overcompensates for his vast insecurities with an air of (dare I say it???) elitism. If everyone is beneath you, you don’t have to make connections, you don’t have to open up, you don’t get hurt. I’ve been wondering why a worldly, fairly intelligent guy would choose such a yokel bride. Princess snowflake Evelyn is a self-absorbed provincial virgin who barely registers other people in the room.  As long as he’s got a mirror in the room during sex, he could be playing the fiddle across the room and Evelyn won’t notice. Evelyn’s reaction to David not shitting his pants with adulation and ecstasy at everything she does still tickles me.

-Azan and baby Huey don’t surprise me at all.  I thought May was barely 2. She’s a bright girl, but Nicole will shove a pacifier in her mouth and a device in front of her until she’s in her teens. 

-Aika, you DO NOT want that genetic material. Note that he kept saying he got himself “fixed”. Lots of implications in that word.

-Libby likes the feeling of being protected by Andrei and doesn’t realize how much she’s poisoning the well with his relationship with her sisters and family. He will hate them forever. Also, her dad is a big fucking baby. Your daughter is practically an AARP member. Get the fuck over it. I like Andrei’s drive and I hope he really does show up her family.

• Love 24
7 hours ago, Normades said:

I never thought about the smell of oil from the trucks.  That's a really good point.  Personally, I loved the idea of living in the firehouse.  All I could think of was Ghostbusters!!!  (The original, of course!!)

Princess Diaries, too. Mia and her mom lived in a converted firehouse!

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Princess Diaries, too. Mia and her mom lived in a converted firehouse!

Remember in the 80s when the Flashdance girl lived in a warehouse? People were buying them up left and right after that, trying to convert them. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Yes, @mamadrama . . . similar story.  Vision and dreaming are much more important than being content with where we used to be.

I still like to associate with people from all walks of life. I have friends who are literally millionaires and friends who are homeless. Variety is the spice of life. :-)

• Love 9

My cousin's daughter had 2 kids by age 21 (not as bad as it sounds - she's just a fertile myrtle) and she wanted her tubes tied after the 2nd one and the hospital didn't want to do it, saying she was "too young" to make that decision.

But when she told her doctor she was going to have 2 children by age 21, he didn't say "Are you sure?  You're too young to make such a life altering decision.  You know you can't undo it?"

• Love 8
On 12/5/2017 at 3:34 PM, Snewtsie said:

Everything is not always kismet merely because penis goes into vagina.  It takes communication - LOTS - as well as a sense of humor & sense of adventure.  David Spain is so uptight he's unwilling to discuss it even a little bit. 

Important addendum:  "ON NATIONAL TELEVISION."  I wouldn't want to discuss it on TV either.

• Love 7

I think he's probably embarrassed because he knows Evelyn will probably talk about all of his shortcomings with the entire band AND all her friends. I don't know what his problem is with talking about the basics but I don't blame him for wanting Evelyn to keep things private. Evelyn can read a book. She doesn't have to share every detail about David's lack of skill and penis size with her mom. How embarrassing for him if he's a virgin. 

• Love 2
On December 4, 2017 at 5:28 PM, Nowhere said:

It reminds me of the show, Are You The One. The couples get voted into the Truth Booth. But often the host will say Troof Boof. Surely he knows that's wrong, but he still says it. 

Nowhere, you are apparently my perfect match. 90DF and AYTO are the only two shows to which I am addicted. I blame my daughter for turning me on to AYTO but I've got no excuse for 90DF. Will you accept this wilted rose? 

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

Nowhere, you are apparently my perfect match. 90DF and AYTO are the only two shows to which I am addicted. I blame my daughter for turning me on to AYTO but I've got no excuse for 90DF. Will you accept this wilted rose? 

Yes, I will accept your rose. Now let's get in the Troof Boof. 

AYTO is like a really sleazy, disgusting logic puzzle lol. I love it! 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, gunderda said:

There are pros and cons to each, but I wouldn't say that someone leases a car because they can't afford to actually own one.  I've never know anyone where that's the case and I know quite a few people who lease. They just prefer to have the ability to get a new car every few years.  I don't think leasing is for me because i think there's way too much to worry about - what condition you give the vehicle back, making sure you stay within your allotment of miles, and you generally have to pay a hefty fee if you don't want to lease from the dealership when your lease is done. 

I think Chris had full intentions to let them stay in LA as long as they wanted.  He said as much when he was visiting them in the Phillipines.  And if you go back and watch, Chris' wife doesn't say a word while Chris is talking about it.  She's very quite.  I have a feeling she went along with them but once it actually happened she threw a fit and demanded Chris get them out of their house.  And Chris made the correct choice and sided with his wife instead of his friend.

I do not think Chris cared if Dumpy DoughBoy David (DDBD) stayed. I don't blame Nikki for demanding they leave...at the restaurant,  you know Chris & Nikki were paying for the meal...DDBD & Anna were raving about the wonderful time they were having exploring LA, hanging out at the beach, restaurants & sex shops, all on Chris & Nikki's dime.  Meanwhile, Chris is working to support not only his family, but DDBD & Anna, Nikki is taking care of the home they are all living in..I can just see DDBD tossing his wardrobe in the laundry room, telling Nikki he has some whites that need to be washed...

Re: Evelyn and The Other David...David being gay, asexual or frigid never crossed my mind. My first thought, based on everything else we've seen, including Evelyn shopping with her "Bestie" for 'honeymoon lingerie',  is Evelyn was wanting to outline their wedding night, how they would have sex, what he would do, say, etc.  

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

AYTO is like a really sleazy, disgusting logic puzzle lol. I love it! 

Tonight's the finale, right? And I'd FINALLY found a show I didn't want to get spoiled on and then Little Snappy emails me to tell me she and her friend sat down for five hours and figured out the matches (and I saw someone had done the same thing on an AYTO episode thread and the two matched) so now I know the results. But I'm still curious to see if they manage to "win." Last season I came in halfway through after spending an afternoon at Little Snappy's apartment waiting for a red-eye and apparently that was the first season they DID NOT actually "win," right?

ETA: All these pages later and as far as I can tell no one has suggested that the pole in the firehouse was simply installed to make Annie feel more comfortable? ... Okay, I'll show myself the way to hell right now. 

Edited by PamelaMaeSnap
  • Love 4
On 12/5/2017 at 1:37 PM, magemaud said:

Maybe Josh could give Aika a choice, which would she rather have, a $ 13K diamond ring or a $ 15K vasectomy reversal? "Choose wisely, you can't have both." 

Choose a hole wisely for one will lead to Bergen town and the other to certain death death death 

Trolls :_). I couldn't help it

• Love 1

I don't think my fiance` and I discussed sex in late 1963 other than my saying, "*No!  I told you I can't until I'm married."  I was the result of 23+yrs of parental, peer, and Catholic school/church brainwashing via fear and guilt.  Also, my girlfriends and I all "knew" that we would get pregnant the first time we did it...because that's what our friends who got pregnant said--so we'd better be married.

*But I said that to almost every boy I dated more than 4-5 times, and I'd usually add, "and I'm NEVER gonna get married!"

• Love 1
20 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Maybe, since he didn't want her to talk to her mom about sex, she wanted to discuss her fears and nervousness regarding intimacy with him. You know, a "I'm nervous about our wedding night but I'm excited, too. I've heard that there can be pain the first few times." Or whatever. When I stepped in and helped my long-time friend with his virginity "issue", we talked for hours about the act before we did it. He had all kinds of anxiety and fears about sex, as well as questions about things he should do (should he buy the condoms, was I on birth control, would I need lubrication, is there anything that would make me more comfortable, etc). I mean, you don't have to have a play-by-play of the act itself but I think having a conversation about sex is healthy. Since they're basically in the same boat, both virgins for religious purposes, nobody but the other is going to know exactly how they feel. 

Very true but maybe its the cameras that were upsetting him more than anything.

i certainly wouldn’t want to talk about it in front of thousands of people.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Nowhere said:

I think he's probably embarrassed because he knows Evelyn will probably talk about all of his shortcomings with the entire band AND all her friends. I don't know what his problem is with talking about the basics but I don't blame him for wanting Evelyn to keep things private. Evelyn can read a book. She doesn't have to share every detail about David's lack of skill and penis size with her mom. How embarrassing for him if he's a virgin. 

The Joy of Sex would be a good book for them to read. She can graduate to Karma Sutra. 

• Love 2

Nicole returns from Morocco; Andrei confronts Elizabeth's sister; Annie decides if she'll stay in America with David; Aika meets Josh's mom before their Vegas wedding; David and Evelyn finalize wedding prep. Also: a shocking reveal for Molly and Luis.

On 12/4/2017 at 0:33 PM, TwirlyGirly said:

Chris: "I told her the truth, but I didn't tell her everything, and I just thought it would be better that way. I didn't lie to her, but....uh....I have nothing."

You lied. Yes, you did.

Chris absolutely lied.  To his credit, he looked at his wife, and said, "I got nothing."

I got the impression that Chris and Nikki had one of those knockdown dragout serious talks which resulted in Chris saying, "What can I do to make it right?" Because he does love her, and I don't believe he's dragging skanks to a dirty firehouse bed, either. He could afford a hotel if he was still into that, but I don't see any signs that he is right now.

It was BAD for him to lie to his wife, but I give him credit for apologizing and doing what he could to make it right. That's why he gave Nikki the steering wheel.

Compare that to David Pour, who was such a weasel that he couldn't even give a full-fledged apology for bad behavior without lying to cover his large ass up. "I'm sorry I got drunk, BUT everyone else was, too." "I said some bad things, but I was joking and you guys couldn't just lighten up."

David's eyes flashed with anger when Nikki read him the riot act, too. BUT, he knew he was powerless to say anything because a nasty fight might result in getting himself kicked out of the firehouse.  BUT, he did say later with a moo of satisfaction, "At least we're not sleeping on the street..."

That's a great comfort, huh, Annie...  Real 5-star treatment with this guy. Sure we're sleeping under a bridge, but I stole these pictures from the fire house kitchen and we can fix up this underpass bridge real nice in time for the holidays....

David Pour was also angry because they had alcohol and he didn't. He probably didn't even understand his own emotions.

He's got nobody to be angry with but himself. Like most things in his life, he's got someone in his life to pick up the slack on that, in this case, Annie.

17 hours ago, Bugfrey Von said:

I am SALIVATING thinking about next week’s episode. Some thoughts:

-I saw fear in Chris’ eyes during his wife’s confrontation.  David Poor was cool as a goddamn cucumber. If I’d have been in his shoes, I would have felt a mixture of shame, regret, sheepishness.... his face looked like he was daring Chris to cut him off. Buried bodies, indeed. David Poor knows what you did last summer, Chris. And you know it.

I think you're right. I also saw David's beady little eyes flash with anger.

Why else would Chris keep carrying this lard ass from country to country?

That's the only thing that makes sense.

Chris might wind up hiring some people to tune him up before all of this is over with.

Maybe that's why he wanted to allow him to continue to drink.  A bottle of Kentucky bourbon and that spiral staircase... hmm....

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Bubbles1967 said:

The Joy of Sex would be a good book for them to read. She can graduate to Karma Sutra. 

And when all of this is said and done, I hope Evelyn finds herself a loving partner, a new man who runs hot for her.

They can make Youtube videos together discussing sex, and talk about what not to do using David Spain who will give her plenty of fodder for discussion I'm sure. 

(All of this will happen after he's made mincemeat out of her self-esteem with his cold rejecting ways. Evelyn, honey, IT'S NOT YOU! But she will rise from the ashes like a glorious, passionate phoenix.)

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 3
On 12/5/2017 at 10:21 PM, mamadrama said:

re: the firehouse. Am I the only one who thought it was kinda cool? Sure, it's not my dream house, but I would have a ball fixing up that quirky place and making it my own. I mean, even in Kentucky properties like that are kind of coveted for their uniqueness. People are buying up old schools, factories, warehouses, etc. to create interesting and distinctive living spaces. And I could totally do something with that pole... ;-) 

I have to agree with you about the firehouse.  Years ago in NYC, artists started purchasing lofts in the Village and others thought they were crazy, because the neighborhood was sketchy then.  Today those lofts are worth millions.  So you never know.

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I have to agree with you about the firehouse.  Years ago in NYC, artists started purchasing lofts in the Village and others thought they were crazy, because the neighborhood was sketchy then.  Today those lofts are worth millions.  So you never know.

I think it was 2006, I bought $2k worth of stock in a company called Loftwerks on a Monday and by Friday it was worth $5600.  They were going to have this huge online catalog for hipsters following the downtown loft trend.  For a weekend I had dreams of early Microsoft (or Bitcoin) but reality was a different story:(  Its still pretty trendy though!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Chris absolutely lied.  To his credit, he looked at his wife, and said, "I got nothing."

I got the impression that Chris and Nikki had one of those knockdown dragout serious talks which resulted in Chris saying, "What can I do to make it right?" Because he does love her, and I don't believe he's dragging skanks to a dirty firehouse bed, either. He could afford a hotel if he was still into that, but I don't see any signs that he is right now.

You certainly give Chris more credit than I do.  I think he and Nicki are better looking and better at hiding their sleazy ways, but I believe they are both every bit as sleazy as David Pour, maybe even more so.  There is some underlying factor that led us to this point and my radar says it aint pretty.  Also, in my opinion, Chris asking Annie for a massage is a sign toward thinking he could have some skanks on the side.  Affording a hotel isn't a factor if you're cheating.  You don't want those pesky hotel receipts popping up, which makes the firehouse a perfect place to hook up.  This way he can say he was "checking his property," while he's really getting busy.

I think Nicki is a stealth bitch.  Her whole girls night out was designed to rub Annie's nose in what she would never have and fish for information.  Too bad the information she caught wasn't to her liking.  She is not Annie's friend.  When people are attractive, they can get away with things.  I think this is the case for both Nicki and Chris.  They have pretty (well, Nicki does) packages, but underneath there's some serious nastiness.  They are no better than David Pour and Annie.

• Love 22
On 12/5/2017 at 7:21 PM, mamadrama said:

re: Annie and the whole "I thought everyone in America was rich" mentality. Look, I get that the US is kind of misrepresented in most movies. Even the middle class lives in McMansions and "reality" shows have these folks, who don't even work, taking expensive vacations and driving ridiculous vehicles. Still...she HAS seen a movie set in Thailand, right? She knows that not everyone in Thailand lives like ANNA AND THE KING or THE BEACH. Or BROKEDOWN PALACE. (Although, to be fair, that one is pretty realistic.) I have never been to Japan but I am smart enough to know that not everyone either lives in a shack in a fishing village or is a millionaire tech specialist leasing a $1 million flat in the middle of Tokyo, the same way that I can assume that not everyone in Australia rides horses around their ranches in the Outback. Use some common sense, people. 

re: the firehouse. Am I the only one who thought it was kinda cool? Sure, it's not my dream house, but I would have a ball fixing up that quirky place and making it my own. I mean, even in Kentucky properties like that are kind of coveted for their uniqueness. People are buying up old schools, factories, warehouses, etc. to create interesting and distinctive living spaces. And I could totally do something with that pole... ;-) 

Nope!  I thought it had major potential.  

• Love 6

I think Annie misunderstands what “sponsorship” actually means. It doesn’t mean Chris is required to put her up in an LA apartment and cover shopping trips to Neiman’s. I thought the gyst was the Sponsor has to repay any public benefits the Sponsee recieves if it ends up going that way. Chris will just put her back on plane to Thailand if it ends up being a real dumpster fire. Good thing they live in a firehouse - this has dumpster ? written all over it.

• Love 16
On 12/5/2017 at 5:51 PM, annewithaneee said:

*I also think he's one of those guys who thinks all women are crazy and after trapping a man via pricking holes in condoms and turkey basters and all sorts of wily trickery. In reality, at least my ovaries shrivel at the thought. Blech.

Off-topic but funny. Mr. DC and I put an Law and Order SVU episode via Hulu on at night to fall asleep too (used to be Sopranos and Breaking Bad - we can basically quote all those now) for the camp factor (to us - Mr. DC’s hand basket to Hell is decorated with an orange and blue Florida Gator theme). 

Funniest episode ever was John Stamos as guest star who purposefully impregnated 20+ women. One scene was the detectives busting into a hotel bathroom as he was poking holes in a condom. No really - it was hysterical. 

Edited to add - never send your children to Hudson University.

Edited by Jennifersdc
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, Bubbles1967 said:

Very true but maybe its the cameras that were upsetting him more than anything.

i certainly wouldn’t want to talk about it in front of thousands of people.

I feel kind of conflicted about this, no, I do not wish to discuss the specific details of my sex life on national television but these are two virgins, there are no details. But a healthy young couple in teens and mid 20s, yeah, I expect them to be having sex, I expect most couples to be having sex, as a sort of abstract thing there is nothing salacious about it, it's part of a normal healthy relationship.

I feel like the discussion she wanted to have was not "Yeah, I can't wait to put on my crotchless panties and have you fuck me doggie style while you pull my hair!", what she wanted to have was a conversation that should have been covered and openly discussed at least by freshmen year of high school, nervousness, feeling ready, contraception, etc.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Normades said:

You certainly give Chris more credit than I do.  I think he and Nicki are better looking and better at hiding their sleazy ways, but I believe they are both every bit as sleazy as David Pour, maybe even more so.  There is some underlying factor that led us to this point and my radar says it aint pretty.  Also, in my opinion, Chris asking Annie for a massage is a sign toward thinking he could have some skanks on the side.  Affording a hotel isn't a factor if you're cheating.  You don't want those pesky hotel receipts popping up, which makes the firehouse a perfect place to hook up.  This way he can say he was "checking his property," while he's really getting busy.

I think Nicki is a stealth bitch.  Her whole girls night out was designed to rub Annie's nose in what she would never have and fish for information.  Too bad the information she caught wasn't to her liking.  She is not Annie's friend.  When people are attractive, they can get away with things.  I think this is the case for both Nicki and Chris.  They have pretty (well, Nicki does) packages, but underneath there's some serious nastiness.  They are no better than David Pour and Annie.

I'm confused.  David Pour doesn't have any money and Annie...well, she's just sad, or someone who's just trying to get into the US.  I think both Chris and Nikki are US citizens though.  I have to agree that Nikki isn't Annie's friend, but why should she be?  She doesn't even know the woman.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jennifersdc said:

I thought the gyst was the Sponsor has to repay any public benefits the Sponsee recieves if it ends up going that way. 

And not even all the benefits. The sponsorship thing is complicated and not all the benefits have to be reimbursed. There is quite a bit of gray there. Actually, due to Annie's citizenship status, she wouldn't even qualify for a lot of them. When my state got the Medicaid expansion and my husband lost his job, we qualified for Medicaid. (We don't qualify anymore, but we did for about a year.) As a permanent resident, he qualified for Medicaid but he wouldn't have when he first got here. He doesn't have to pay back the money that Medicaid paid out. Now, if it had been Food Stamps, that would've been a different story. Those would have to be reimbursed IF someone caught the issue. The loophole would be, however, if our household had applied for Food Stamps and left him off of the application. That is perfectly legal, as long as we included his income. (It's only illegal if you apply for benefits and hide someone's income. THEY don't have to be an applicant but their money has to be accounted for.) Basically, his income would've counted towards the household income but he technically wouldn't be receiving the benefits. It would make the benefits lower but would remove the risk of us getting in trouble. (For the record, I only know this because I volunteer at a forum for immigrants and we have an immigration attorney on there who answers a lot of these questions every day.)

Sorry. That was long-winded. :-)

TL/DR: Sponsorship means that you are responsible for reimbursing certain government benefits that the immigrant receives, but not all benefits must be repaid. 

56 minutes ago, Jennifersdc said:

Edited to add - never send your children to Hudson University.

Lots of bad crap goes down at Hudson! :-)

That episode IS hysterical. One of the funniest. 

This episode actually made me feel sympathy toward Evelyn and Nicole.

Even if David is uncomfortable, he should try to meet Evelyn halfway and not forbid her to talk to others about sex. That is too controlling and makes him seem really insecure. I don't have high hopes for the honeymoon.

When Nicole and Azlan had their discussion it was all about what she needs to fix, what she needs to do differently but Azlan isn't blameless. He could change things too. He could be more supportive about her health issues, not equate everything to laziness, and try to be encouraging instead of judgmental. He's so contemptuous of her and while she is far from perfect, she is trying. Yes, she has some Ugly American ways that need to be worked on. And she is spoiled, a bad mother, and needs to take responsibility for herself. But she shouldn't shoulder all the blame in this relationship.

As far as Molly: I just think her beau is used to kids being less coddled. I imagine in DR that Kinsley would have cleaned up after herself or at the very least the mother not make such a big deal out of it. Also, considering the way people here commented on his pushing her on the swing from the front, I'm sure if he had helped he would have gotten grief for wiping at her dress considering where the ice cream spilled. 

I like Andrei. I hope he doesn't turn out to be horrible. I like that he wants to work right away. How much have they saved to be able to afford that wedding? Still looks pricy. 

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

My friends live in a converted firehouse that is awesome and filled with some great details, this one was ugly as shit on the inside and outside and in a huge parking lot surround by strip malls. 

I've been to restaurants and even stayed in a hotel in vintage converted firehouses and they are really quirky and interesting. But I agree this one appeared to be just a big garage type building with absolutely no character or charm and not even located in an interesting neighborhood. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Neurochick said:

There was one redone in my area a few years ago. They featured it on a HGTV show. It turned out very well. 

1 hour ago, BunchOMalarkey said:

When Nicole and Azlan had their discussion it was all about what she needs to fix, what she needs to do differently but Azlan isn't blameless. He could change things too. He could be more supportive about her health issues, not equate everything to laziness, and try to be encouraging instead of judgmental. He's so contemptuous of her and while she is far from perfect, she is trying. Yes, she has some Ugly American ways that need to be worked on. And she is spoiled, a bad mother, and needs to take responsibility for herself. But she shouldn't shoulder all the blame in this relationship.

How is she trying? A willingness to talk? 

• Love 12