Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

The show has never shown the upstairs other than Any painting the bedroom walls pink!

Perhaps the jokes on us and they have separate bedrooms!  A marriage of convenience!  The show needed a storyline and Chris showed up!

Would really make sense.  He gets meals and a big paycheck much better than depending on a commission job which he gets to keep!  She gets somebody to cook for and TLC gets several seasons of the show and $$$ advertisers!

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Seeing Amy trying on wedding gowns in the previews just seeme ridiculous. Once a woman is of “a certain age” she should opt for a tasteful cocktail type dress and not all the “bells and whistles” wedding gown. Amy already had the formal wedding gown. 
She’s going to look like Miss Havisham…

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Teriacky said:

Seeing Amy trying on wedding gowns in the previews just seeme ridiculous. Once a woman is of “a certain age” she should opt for a tasteful cocktail type dress and not all the “bells and whistles” wedding gown. Amy already had the formal wedding gown. 

That was hard on the eyes.....she needs to reconsider.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Teriacky said:

I totally agree with you, but many of her fans think a formal white gown is just fine.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Chris is having a serious bromance with Matt. He seems to like him more than Amy. The cameras did her no favors on the ride around the farm when TLC put her in between Chris and Matt for the drama. Her bitchface without make-up was scary. Why would she even consider having a wedding on the farm? Apparently, she puts her TLC paycheck ahead of her self respect. 

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Hpmec said:

Chris is having a serious bromance with Matt. He seems to like him more than Amy. The cameras did her no favors on the ride around the farm when TLC put her in between Chris and Matt for the drama. Her bitchface without make-up was scary. Why would she even consider having a wedding on the farm? Apparently, she puts her TLC paycheck ahead of her self respect. 

I have to agree.  Amy is putting herself in a very bad position.  I can't imagine having everybody around me laughing and making fun of me at the expense of dignity. 

Amy is a money grubber.  Hanging onto Matt and the farm for everything. 

I guess the question I ask is  Who Is Amy?  How did she get this role?  She is really making a fool out of herself.  Wise up Amy.  You have enough money to live comfortably.  Stop the nonsense.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

The show has never shown the upstairs other than Any painting the bedroom walls pink!

Perhaps the jokes on us and they have separate bedrooms!  A marriage of convenience!  The show needed a storyline and Chris showed up!

Would really make sense.  He gets meals and a big paycheck much better than depending on a commission job which he gets to keep!  She gets somebody to cook for and TLC gets several seasons of the show and $$$ advertisers!

What are the odds that Chris will bail on the wedding? Even though I'm no fan of Caryn, she and Matt seem to have the more realistic relationship. They aren't living together and he's made it quite clear he likes the status quo and he isn't jumping into another marriage. She seems ok with the arrangement.  Chris seems like someone the producers approached to play a role on a tv show. Never married, no baggage, right age bracket, seemingly easy going personality, reasonably good looking. Seems to me if he wanted to be married, he'd have been married by now. I will be very curious to see if he goes through with it or gets a case of cold feet and requests more time. Can't see him leaving the show all together as long as he's collecting a paycheck, but can see him seeking a reprieve from the ring exchange in August. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

I’ve always been told, life is about choices.  I presume Amy and Matt have made theirs and they are pretty happy.  At least they appear MUCH happier than when they were married to each other.  These are truly the first shows where they haven’t said hurtful things and seemed miserable in their own skin.  So to me.....if it’s working, go with it.  Amy can laugh all the way to the bank. 🤑 Matt too. That’s an old term used back in the olden days.  Lol 

I don’t care for the big formal gowns on mature brides, but to me the bride should select whatever dress she wants.  Plenty of young brides look like a rolled up sausage in their tight, sleeveless gowns.....don’t get me started.  If Amy feels beautiful in it, then go for it.  It’s not hurting anybody.  I bet she selects something tasteful.....👰♀️

Im not really an Amy fan, but I must say that I like her better since she met Chris. He seems fine too.  I suspect they connive on storylines to create snickers or drama.  🤑

• Love 4

In my opinion, I think Chris gets back at Amy for all her shit and I kinda can't blame him, she was badgering him about the invite list he was to come up with, yet she takes what 10 months to clean up boxes for him, then he conveniently pops her in between the two on the mule and boy was she pissed. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

In my opinion, I think Chris gets back at Amy for all her shit and I kinda can't blame him, she was badgering him about the invite list he was to come up with, yet she takes what 10 months to clean up boxes for him, then he conveniently pops her in between the two on the mule and boy was she pissed. 

I think they call that being passive-aggressive, but that's probably as far as Chris dares to go against Amy along with all the arm-rubbing he does to pacify her in their THs.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

I swear Chris's ardor was inflamed when Amy cannonballed through the center of the pool toy during that party,  There's a lid for every pot!  I just hope their sexual attraction is enough to compensate for whatever incompatibilities inevitably arise...

Did Zach really say "short-staturedness"?

Edited by all4mom2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Just caught up, a day late.  I sure hope none of you play drinking games while watching this…”take a drink every time Amy says ‘farm’! And 2 shots when you hear her say, ‘I don’t live on the farm anymore’!”.  If anyone of you have been playing, my condolences to your livers.  

FFS, Amy…you are contractually obligated to get married on the fucking farm.  Stop acting like you ever had a choice!  And her BS a about how they may ‘have to’ get married on the fucking farm because “everything else is getting booked” isn’t fooling anyone. We are all (un-)cordially invited to watch you and your Man walk down the hay bale lined bridal path on the fucking farm.

Yes the farm has beautiful views, but I don’t believe Roloff Farm is the only spot in all of the greater Hillsboro-Portland area with a gorgeous view.  Oregon is a pretty big state. While we’re at it,  Amy’s home state Michigan is large and has stunning views. Chris’ home state Idaho is large and has amazing vistas as well.  Matt Roloff didn’t corner the market on “rolling hills” and wedding barns when he bought that place 30 years ago.

• Love 15
7 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I have to agree.  Amy is putting herself in a very bad position.  I can't imagine having everybody around me laughing and making fun of me at the expense of dignity. 

Amy is a money grubber.  Hanging onto Matt and the farm for everything. 

I guess the question I ask is  Who Is Amy?  How did she get this role?  She is really making a fool out of herself.  Wise up Amy.  You have enough money to live comfortably.  Stop the nonsense.

I don't agree. I don't think she should get married at the farm but that is her decision. It may be because of Chris he seems to want to get married there. But we all know Matt will do something to drive her crazy. This seems unable to help himself. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I don't understand why you just like a me so much. I think she's fine. I think she put up with a lot from matt over the years and Zach is just beginning to realize that. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

Someone mentioned a scene about Amy jumping in a swimming pool? Was this on this week's episode? Did I miss something?

When they first met at Amy singles' pool party.  One week she was reflecting that she had no friends or life and hosted a tea or something for rather portly church ladies, and the next she had about 30 cool single friends (I'm assuming a singles' group).  The first outing was a wine-and-art painting event, and then she decided to throw a bash at the pool, of course running over to tell Matt all about it.  Lisa and Deb appeared as her "lifelong best friends" to help her pick out a cute suit, and she impressed with her aquatic athletic prowess.  Chris proposed a bike ride.

The rest is history!  Or her story!

• Love 3

Several posts have been removed for being off topic. Posts of this thread should be focused on the events of the episodes. 

Details of the participants life, outside of the episodes are better suited to their individual threads. 

Further off topic posts will result in warnings.

11 hours ago, suev3333 said:

Wait, did I read somewhere on here that Tori is "pg", or pregnant again?  Or did I read it wrong.  Maybe I'm out of the loop.    

Coming attractions for the next episode indicate she is announcing she is pregnant.  In realtime, it is public that she had a miscarriage.😔

• Useful 1

Tori has got Amy’s number! “Matt will move a flowerpot and Amy will be like WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME?”

No wonder the Roloff kids prefer hanging out with Cha Cha and Matt. If Amy is a happier person now, she must have been unbearable for their whole lives. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Coming attractions for the next episode indicate she is announcing she is pregnant.  In realtime, it is public that she had a miscarriage.😔

I know I might get blowback but I just don't understand why Tori and Zach would be going for a third child so soon after having Lilah...both Jackson and Lilah have significant physical issues that will require surgery (Jackson's bowed legs and possible eye surgery for Lilah) and rehabiltation. It seems they will have their hands full with all the challenges ahead in the next few years while bringing another baby into the fold...a baby that might also be similar to Jackson and Lilah in physical and medical issues. Lilah seems to be missing all the milestone targets for her age as it is...at her birthday and the Christmas party I noticed she can't sit up yet or crawl. Zach and Tori seem to be very "head in the clouds" about this stuff...I'm sorry for her miscarriage however. That is a traumatic experience and one that no woman should have to go through.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Tori has got Amy’s number! “Matt will move a flowerpot and Amy will be like WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME?”

No wonder the Roloff kids prefer hanging out with Cha Cha and Matt. If Amy is a happier person now, she must have been unbearable for their whole lives. 

Matt is no picnic...it's not all Xmas trains and sandboxes with him. He's headstrong and demanding. Like a little tyrant sometimes. Caryn is fake and plays the role of suck up "girlfriend" well. From what I've seen of Amy when she's with her grandchildren, she's very hands on and sits on the floor and plays with them or has some table activity like cookie baking or a game to do with them. She's always been there for her kids when they have a problem...brings them homemade meals, babysits...sorry, I'm not going to badmouth her on her grandparenting. She's a pretty good Grandma from what I've seen.

• Love 7

I thought Jackson looked a little reluctant when Amy was encouraging him to come in for a hug at the Christmas party, but maybe just me...  He probably doesn't spend as much time with Amy as he does with Matt and Cha-Cha.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
32 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

I know I might get blowback but I just don't understand why Tori and Zach would be going for a third child so soon after having Lilah...both Jackson and Lilah have significant physical issues that will require surgery (Jackson's bowed legs and possible eye surgery for Lilah) and rehabiltation. It seems they will have their hands full with all the challenges ahead in the next few years while bringing another baby into the fold...a baby that might also be similar to Jackson and Lilah in physical and medical issues. Lilah seems to be missing all the milestone targets for her age as it is...at her birthday and the Christmas party I noticed she can't sit up yet or crawl. Zach and Tori seem to be very "head in the clouds" about this stuff...I'm sorry for her miscarriage however. That is a traumatic experience and one that no woman should have to go through.

I suspect Tori is hoping for one normal size child.  They seemed surprised both children were dwarfs because I think the odds were in favor of normal sized children. Just my opinion. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I suspect Tori is hoping for one normal size child.  They seemed surprised both children were dwarfs because I think the odds were in favor of normal sized children. Just my opinion. 

Tori seemed gob-smacked and devastated that Lila wasn't going to be "mini-me," so yeah, I'm sure she's still trying for that!

• Love 6
Just now, stoppro said:

i would not sit in a golf cart for 2 seconds with that matt narcissistic asshole

Lol You might if you were going to get a free wedding venue on HIS farm.  

Matt’t pretty much running the show these days!

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, stoppro said:

nah i'd stay single and get as faraway as possible from all those jack offs! lol

As Jack Nickelson  said “don’t bring crazy here, we’re all filled up”!  Lol

• LOL 2
18 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

As Jack Nickelson  said “don’t bring crazy here, we’re all filled up”!  Lol

You got that right!😝

I think most families have their fair share of dysfunction and the Roloffs are no exception.  

JMO, but I don’t think TLC has forced Amy to have her wedding on the farm....imo, Amy and Matt discussed it and how it might make for a better tv show IF it happened on the farm.  I don’t know their finances, but it makes sense that the storyline of Amy marrying another man on the Roloff farm is certainly a better story than another random venue. I can’t see it being just about saving $10,000.  I’ve bet on this for a long time and hope I’m correct.  Time will tell.  I’ll have to eat my words if I’m wrong.  🥴 but that’s ok.  There’s still time for Amy to change her mind.  (Chris too!)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BrownBear2012 said:

No blowback from me. Given the numerous challenges that are already being and will continue to be faced by Jackson and Lilah, I would think the plate is already quite full. Plus, who knows how much longer the TLC paychecks will be rolling in. At some point Zach and Tori may be forced to get real jobs. Lots to consider before further expanding the family. 

• Love 9
(edited)

Well it could have been Chris sitting in the middle on the mule ride or Amy in the back lol.  I didn’t think it was such a big deal Amy and Chris could have sat in the back together or the could have driven next to Matt in a second mule.

Actually, since Amy used to live on the farm, I’m not sure if anyone knew that, and Chris has been there numerous times I don’t know why they wouldn’t know more about how they want their wedding there to be.  Of course, the whole scene could have been production driven, so we have to see these 3 squeeze into the front seat of the mule.  If they’re gonna do that might as well go full on reality nonsense and have Chris in the middle so he can chit chat with his pal Matt and invite him to the next soup night as Amy steams 😂 

On a side note, I wouldn’t trust Zach to tell me what time it is much less blindly drive on a bumpy path through a “snowy” night on the little engine that could might.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

Anyone else notice Zach’s weird thing with his eyes in this latest episode?  They kept twitching. Never noticed that before. 

Sorry, but that was a pitiful Santa costume Chris was wearing. He didn’t even try to be like Santa. I would think it would be confusing to a toddler who believes in Santa.

Of course Tori and her gang came in matching red flannel pajamas.  Gotta look good for the ‘gram!

• Love 1

Is discovery plus the only place where this entire series is streaming? I’ve only watched the last maybe five seasons and wanted to see some of the older shows. But I’m not about to pay even more money for another app. 

3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Especially since her in laws, two little people, had three normal sized children and one little person. 

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, chediavolo said:

Is discovery plus the only place where this entire series is streaming? I’ve only watched the last maybe five seasons and wanted to see some of the older shows. But I’m not about to pay even more money for another app. 

Have you looked at the TLC regular app?  I have that on my firestick or Roku.  I normally watch it live though, with cable.  

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Have you looked at the TLC regular app?  I have that on my firestick or Roku.  I normally watch it live though, with cable.  

Thanks I just found TLC go. I am new to this streaming when I search Little people big world this did not come up!

6 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

I thought Jackson looked a little reluctant when Amy was encouraging him to come in for a hug at the Christmas party, but maybe just me...  He probably doesn't spend as much time with Amy as he does with Matt and Cha-Cha.

Could be but toddlers can easily be overwhelmed by lots of family members and other stuff, like Christmas party decorations, etc…I know my grandson at that age would cling to his mama when he came to a family gathering even though I babysat him almost every day while mom and dad were at work. After 15 or 20 minutes he would loosen up and sit on my lap.

• Love 4