Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Scarlett45

Important reminders: 

1. Our (golden) Be Civil rule applies to your fellow members.  It does not apply to the show, the characters, the cast, etc.  Folks are free to say whatever they like - and however they'd like to say it - about anybody related to the show providing it doesn't violate our hate speech policy

2. As per our site spoiler policy: episodes released on premium or pay-per-view services are not considered spoilers.

• Start Topic

When Amy and Chris were discussing the wedding and the food, she mentioned cupcakes, which was fine with him.  Then she said how about cobblers instead of cupcakes?   Cobblers at a wedding?  That sounds like a lot of work and very casual for her fancy wedding.  I guess they aren't going to have a big wedding cake.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, DonnaMae said:

When Amy and Chris were discussing the wedding and the food, she mentioned cupcakes, which was fine with him.  Then she said how about cobblers instead of cupcakes?   Cobblers at a wedding?  That sounds like a lot of work and very casual for her fancy wedding.  I guess they aren't going to have a big wedding cake.

I suspect Amy will have anything TLC will pay for!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

They are working on cutting wood for the garage, then they’re  going to work on the house.

I thought in that scene where Matt, Amy and Chris were talking about the farm being the venue Matt wasn’t going to build until after the wedding???

4 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I thought in that scene where Matt, Amy and Chris were talking about the farm being the venue Matt wasn’t going to build until after the wedding???

And so the drama begins....

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

"Cutting wood" for a house can be done anywhere and transported to the building site when construction begins.

She said they’re pouring the foundation and cutting wood. Will be full on by August!

• Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

The little video Matt provided on insta was clearly logs being milled into lumber on the farm. 

Well, I assumed it would be "on the farm."  That doesn't mean it's being done ON the building site.

Is the foundation being poured within view of the wedding venue and guests?  That's probably the made-for-tee-vee drama angle (implying that is when it isn't).

Edited by all4mom2
  • LOL 2
Just now, all4mom2 said:

Well, I assumed it would be "on the farm."  That doesn't mean it's being done ON the building site.

Maybe check out the video? The actual milling was in the big field near the wedding barn

1 minute ago, all4mom2 said:

Is the foundation being poured within view of the wedding venue?  That's probably the made-for-tee-vee drama angle (implying that is will be).

Yeah the new house is apparently in the same big field that is normally where the weddings are.

Again, not shocked that a) there's drama because Matt has to do a project and b) Matt's building after he said he wouldn't until after the wedding. Mind you, I think it's tv enhanced drama but its certainly not unexpected.

• Love 1

Knowing Matt, it will probably be finished by August and only enhance the view!  Amy said she didn't want CONSTRUCTION during her wedding.  (agree: production-enhanced drama)

• LOL 4
Just now, all4mom2 said:

Knowing Matt, it will probably be finished by August and only enhance the view! 

I mean, historically Matt's building projects run way past schedule, check out the first home remodel that was supposed to be two months and took a year. Or the pirate ship build. We'll see. 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Some is being done ON the building site with trees from the farm, some is being done off site.

Here’s the video:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQwmDc-JW68/

Oh boy let the games begin!  Lol even if it’s finished before the wedding that new Matt and Caryn home will be in full view!

Tori knew what she was talking about!

But as usual Amy goes the cheap route and here’s what she gets on her ex husband’s farm!!!

Silly girl!

• LOL 2
2 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

But as usual Amy goes the cheap route and here’s what she gets on her ex husband’s farm!!!

I mean, Matt did apparently break his word to her and Chris that construction wouldn't start until after the wedding. 

I agree that there's many many reasons why having the wedding on the farm is a bad idea and Matt being a dick and breaking his word to make drama is certainly high on the list. 

Agree that after years of these games from Matt, she really should have known better.  

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, Spazamanaz said:

They can always have the wedding at Chris' friends property, the ones who were on the show and Amy & Chris checked it out.

Unless the friends withdrew the offer after seeing how Amy steamrolls everything.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I mean, Matt did apparently break his word to her and Chris that construction wouldn't start until after the wedding. 

Amy knows Matt very well and had doubts about having the wedding on the farm. So what does she do? Has the wedding on the farm of course. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, bichonblitz said:

Amy knows Matt very well and had doubts about having the wedding on the farm. So what does she do? Has the wedding on the farm of course. 

Amy's living her second chapter in Matt's shadow.  Heck maybe she's still in love with him and maybe she wishes he was building that new home for the two of them and maybe Chris is just a fill in for Matt in Amy's eyes.

Sometimes you never miss the water til the well runs dry. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

He mentions the wedding in the video, saying he's getting the place all spruced up for it.  Maybe only the garage - which he says they're building first - will be done by then (the house will take a year, he adds) and will serve as the preparation area for one or both parties -- rather than the DW, as "my man" suggested (Amy didn't like that idea).

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 2

As much as I tire of MY MAN or Matt riding around on a tractor screaming, “YEAH!, the show needs them and Caryn and Chris.  Zach and Tori cannot carry this show.  Zach is well...Zach and Tori seems overwhelmed or not quite present in some of the episodes.  Honestly, I’d probably feel that way too.  I could never be married to Zach and it has nothing to do with his dwarfism.  I’d never be married to Jeremy either.  

Jackson and Lilah are cute, but not interesting more than 5 mins.  Lilah just crawls and I’m not an expert on kids so I have no idea how much or how little Jackson should be talking, but I do see Tori actively working with him with educational games and activities on IG stories. She might be shilling but she’s still using them.   I’d assume her teaching education would help her recognize extra help he may need.  With that said, unless the 3-4 year old is yours or maybe somebody in your family I don’t think you want to hear them talk for an hour and maybe not even then , so the kids segments only really work as a jump off point for the adults.  

I want to make it clear I’m not picking on Jackson’s speech, honestly at times I have a hard time understanding Zach (mumbling and mispronunciation) and Amy (mispronunciation) and at this point it’s not even really a dig on them.  There might be a learning disability or some other legitimate reason or it could be they just don’t care.  Who knows?  With that said I know they want to transition the show with Zach’s family but they can’t carry it and I think it would be years before they could.  Someone, and I’m sorry I forget it who is was, mention it seemed like Zach and Tori were playing adults or maybe playing house and that was an accurate description and I’m only a couple of years older than Tori.  I’m not sure of Zach’s age.  However, I’ll take them over Jeremy and Audrey any day.

PS #MOREMURPHY #MOREHENRY 🐶 🐟  😂

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Matt knows Amy is difficult, argumentative and prone to dragging on decisions about pretty much everything. So what does he do? Offer his property for her wedding despite having his own plans.

You know how there's NO issue here? If Matt doesn't offer the farm - an act that makes utterly no sense as far as getting Amy out of his life goes. 

But dangle a dollar and Matt will spread his cheeks to all comers. This scenario isn't about Amy being obsessed with Matt or Matt being obsessed with Amy - its about TLC offering a paycheck. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Jackson is so adorable. Handsome little face and funny, too. I hope they don't ruin it and make a brat out of him. By "they" I mean Z and T and the grandparents. 

Oh...I think that's already started.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I agree that there's many many reasons why having the wedding on the farm is a bad idea and Matt being a dick and breaking his word to make drama is certainly high on the list. 

Agree that after years of these games from Matt, she really should have known better.  

Matt is probably the most passive agressive person I've ever seen on a reality show. What a loathesome little man.

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Amy's living her second chapter in Matt's shadow.  Heck maybe she's still in love with him and maybe she wishes he was building that new home for the two of them and maybe Chris is just a fill in for Matt in Amy's eyes.

Sometimes you never miss the water til the well runs dry. 

No. I doubt she was ever "in love' with him...they married only knowing each other for a few months. They were not a match at all.  Frankly, I've seen Amy smile a lot more since she's been with Chris. They do stuff and go places. They have their litte spats and differences in opinions ,like all couples do, but overall they seem to get along great and both seem pretty happy. I never saw her have this kind of soft side with Matt. Caryn and Matt have an odd relationship. Not sure I'm buying into the boyfriend/girlfriend thing with them. Caryn should not get her hopes up for a ring...if Matt ever does propose, she will definitely have to sign a huge pre-nup. There is nothing to miss about Matt...I'm sure Amy is just missing the hell out of Matt's uncontrolled spending on "farm" stuff and "antique" auction items aka "junk" and his ego the size of Texas...yeah...she misses that...NOT!

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

No. I doubt she was ever "in love' with him...they married only knowing each other for a few months. They were not a match at all.  Frankly, I've seen Amy smile a lot more since she's been with Chris. They do stuff and go places. They have their litte spats and differences in opinions ,like all couples do, but overall they seem to get along great and both seem pretty happy. I never saw her have this kind of soft side with Matt. Caryn and Matt have an odd relationship. Not sure I'm buying into the boyfriend/girlfriend thing with them. Caryn should not get her hopes up for a ring...if Matt ever does propose, she will definitely have to sign a huge pre-nup. There is nothing to miss about Matt...I'm sure Amy is just missing the hell out of Matt's uncontrolled spending on "farm" stuff and "antique" auction items aka "junk" and his ego the size of Texas...yeah...she misses that...NOT!

She might not have been in love with the guy but rather in love with what Matt has been able to accomplish. 

Yes Chris and Amy are able to do grown up things but Matt and Amy didn’t get to that point with four teenagers running helter  skelter!

Matt, love him or hate him is a mover and shaker. 

My grandma used to say ‘everybody has a whipping boy’. Somebody they can aggravate and put down.   Sadly Amy is Matt’s whipping girl!

Maybe it’s the show and the part they have given her to play but what delight Matt gets when he pizzes off Amy. Watch his face. He delights in it. 

So what does Amy do?  She picks Roloff Farm for her wedding to Chris. 

There’s an old fable about picking up a snake and having it bite you. ‘You knew I was a snake when you picked me up’!

Amy just keeps picking up the snake and the crowd , SM, goes crazy. Lol

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Unless the friends withdrew the offer after seeing how Amy steamrolls everything.

Good point. When Amy and Chris went to see the property for consideration,  Amy was scowling, and in my opinion, rude.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, BrownBear2012 said:

No. I doubt she was ever "in love' with him...they married only knowing each other for a few months. They were not a match at all.

I disagree in that in watching the earlier/earliest seasons Matt and Amy have some easy affection between each other that suggests they had some happy moments. I think its as simple as they fell out of love and they stopped having common goals. 

9 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Frankly, I've seen Amy smile a lot more since she's been with Chris. They do stuff and go places. They have their litte spats and differences in opinions ,like all couples do, but overall they seem to get along great and both seem pretty happy.

There's more give and take. I actually don't think Amy is that in love with the motorcycle trips but she's willing to compromise and more importantly Chris is willing to compromise and not have every trip be about "what Chris wants". If Matt didn't like something on a trip, he makes everyone miserable until he gets his way or until he lets the public know how he's being tortured. 

17 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Caryn and Matt have an odd relationship. Not sure I'm buying into the boyfriend/girlfriend thing with them. Caryn should not get her hopes up for a ring...i

I'd be surprised to see a marriage there. I am curious to see how long their relationship lasts past a serious health crisis for either. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

She may not have been in love with Matt, and the marriage might've been dying a slow death for years (it was thoroughly dead as a doornail at the time of they finally separated; it seemed they waited for the kids to all leave home first), but Amy's considerable ego was wounded by being left rather than leaving.

I can remember them going out to dinner in one episode and Matt saying, "I know marriage is hard, but I don't think it's supposed to be THIS hard," and Amy snapping back with, "Okay, then; so we divorce!"  He beat her to the divorce, but he wasn't going to beat her to a thrilling, SM-worthy #SecondAct or the altar.

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

He beat her to the divorce, but he wasn't going to beat her to a fabulous, SM-worthy "#SecondAct" or to the altar...

From what I've seen online, I think she filed for the divorce.

• Useful 2
1 minute ago, AZChristian said:

From what I've seen online, I think she filed for the divorce.

Someone had to. Oregon isn't a state where it matters who filed first. Matt moved out of the house first, which is the bigger indicator of who wanted out. He also refused marriage counseling.

1 minute ago, all4mom2 said:

Before or after he officially moved out?

After. Months after. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
11 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

No amount of counseling would help, Matt was already gone even before he moved out.

That's usually how it goes.  I think the trip back to their roots in CA (when he arranged for them to do a remake of their first photo taken together and for her to fulfill her dream of learning the B&B business; I think there was a professional cooking lesson with a chef thrown in, IIRC) was Matt's last attempt to save the ailing marriage.  When she shat all over his efforts, it was over.  When men are done, they're done.

We've all agreed that they were always incompatible and are both much happier now.

So why are we still wringing our collective hands about it?  That goes for Amy, too!

As Chris said, why be mad because a relationship just doesn't work out?

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

That's usually how it goes...  I think the trip back to their roots (when he arranged for them to do a remake of their first photo taken together and for her to fulfill her dream of learning the B&B business; I think there was a professional cooking lesson with a chef thrown in, IIRC) was Matt's last attempt to save the ailing marriage.  When she shat all over his efforts, it was over.  When men are done, they're done.

We've all agreed that they were incompatible and are both much happier now.

So why are we still wringing our collective hands about it?  That goes for Amy, too.

Lol I guess because they are on tv and doing the same thing over and over again!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
8 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

I think the trip back to their roots (when he arranged for her to shadow the B&B person) was Matt's last attempt to save the marriage.  When she shat all over his efforts, it was over. 

Yet that trip was also an example of the essential problem between them. They don't communicate. Matt, instead of asking Amy what she'd like, decided what she do without asking her comfort level with any of it. FYI - I know a lot of women who wouldn't find it lovely to find out that instead of going on vacation, hubby arranged for them to get some lessons in tending an inn while he himself watched, crowed with glee, and enjoyed the inn himself. Likewise with some of the other surprises on the trip.

I mean, we all know what would happen if Amy arranged something fun for Matt without consulting him. If Matt's not happy, he makes everyone else miserable. 

*For the record, Amy is also at fault on this trip for being a doormat and not telling Matt to *stop with the surprises*. Though you'd think years of failure would be a clue for him...

Edited by EllaWycliffe
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, LucyEth said:

No amount of counseling would help, Matt was already gone even before he moved out.

I’m surprised Matt was able to live with Amy for as long as he did!

Amy is one of the most sour, sarcastic, nasty, bitchy, BOSSY people I’ve ever seen… ugh!

Chris already tippy toes around certain conversations because when he doesn’t Amy immediately gets her back up and attacks… their conversation in the latest episode about Chris being friends with all his ex’s was interesting, Amy was bewildered and Chris acted like it was the most normal thing in the world.

I think Chris’s record of being friends with all his ex’s will end if he ever splits with Amy… she’ll be the same nasty little troll with Chris that she is with Matt.

Run Chris…. RUN!!!! 🏃‍♂️💨

• Love 13
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

They are working on cutting wood for the garage, then they’re  going to work on the house.

our home has the same breezeway from the garage to the house as Matt's plan and it was all considered to be the "house plan" by the building inspector and the city building permits department.... we also built the garage section first so the many trades people would have a spot right next to the actual house to work out of the rain and it also provided a secure place right next to the house to lock up all their tools while doing the build.

If the garage were a totally separate building with no connection to the house we would have needed separate permits and plans.

Considering that I would say that Matt has started building his house.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, DonnaMae said:

I believe Audrey had cobbler at her reception. Seems like a weird thing to serve. I would think more people would like cake than a messy cobbler. Amy is so passive-aggressive. She asks him if he’d like cupcakes. He says yes. Then she says, “I think we’ll have cobbler.”  Good grief. She shot down his idea of a casual wedding, now she’s nixing the cupcakes, and she also said something about the band he hired. What a bridezilla. A wedding day will be special whether you’re wearing jeans or an expensive wedding dress. Why stress so much about it, especially at her age and the fact that it’s not her first wedding?  Idk, maybe it’s exaggerated for the show, but this wedding seems so odd. A wedding binder, really Amy?!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, all4mom2 said:

As Chris said, why be mad because a relationship just doesn't work out?

Because according to “Saint Amy of the Holy Kitchen”..…Matt supposedly cheated on her in some fashion… texts or pics that weren’t appropriate and she can’t get over it!!! 🙄

the thing I find funny is that Chris is friends with ALL of his ex’s (his words not mine!) and he’s also said that he was cheated on by ex’s

lots of people are cheated on, they don’t like it but they accept it and move on and in Chris’s case he managed to move on AND maintain a friendship!

Overall Chris seems like a much happier and emotionally healthy person than Amy by a long shot…. Meanwhile Amy has turned into a bitter little shrew, she’s angry, sarcastic, nasty  and even though she has Chris she still loves to wallow in her hatred of everything Matt.

once again…. #AllRoadsLeadToMatt! 

• Love 9
Just now, Joan of Argh said:

Because according to “Saint Amy of the Holy Kitchen”..…Matt supposedly cheated on her in some fashion… texts or pics that weren’t appropriate and she can’t get over it!!! 🙄

Must we dismiss cheating so blithely? I don't know many people who would be "My spouse of 20+ cheated on me and I am so happy he's found someone because I am so awful!"?

There's also not an agreed upon time frame for how long you're allowed to be pissed over a betrayal, and yes, cheating with another woman is a betrayal.  I can also understand not letting it go when your husband has a little peanut gallery shouting "get over it".

I happen to agree its not healthy to dwell, but people get over their personal traumas in their own time.

As for all roads lead to Matt - you know if Matt wanted Amy away from him, he's got a real funny way of showing it by offering the farm to her for the wedding and continuing to film a tv show with her. He could be done. Instead he's all about making sure Amy is still in his life, complete with playing buddies with her new guy. Maybe *he* should let it go. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
(edited)

It's even worse than that.  Amy revealed that she can't comprehend how or why ANY exes would remain friends, because in her mind EVERY end of a relationship merits grudge-holding.  So presumably even if there were no "cheating" - however Amy interprets that - even if Matt had just said, hey, we're unhappy and incompatible, the kids are grown now, let's split up (which for all anyone knows may be exactly what happened), she would still find friendship after a breakup incomprehensible and abhorrent, which is quite shocking since divorced parents still must co-parent and grandparents, co-grandparent, ideally in peace.

Edited by all4mom2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Dustbunny said:

our home has the same breezeway from the garage to the house as Matt's plan and it was all considered to be the "house plan" by the building inspector and the city building permits department.... we also built the garage section first so the many trades people would have a spot right next to the actual house to work out of the rain and it also provided a secure place right next to the house to lock up all their tools while doing the build.

If the garage were a totally separate building with no connection to the house we would have needed separate permits and plans.

Considering that I would say that Matt has started building his house.

Same here, our garage is connected by a breezeway and it was all considered the house plan, blueprints etc… breezeways are very popular here because BC is a rain forest

Originally our breezeway was open but after a couple years we decided to enclose it with floor to ceiling windows and it looks amazing and is great for the winter.

I wonder if Matt’s breezeway is enclosed… in a few episodes I’ve gotten glances of his plans but couldn’t tell if his breezeway is enclosed or not…. Does anyone know if he’s mentioned it? 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I wonder if Matt’s breezeway is enclosed… in a few episodes I’ve gotten glances of his plans but couldn’t tell if his breezeway is enclosed or not…. Does anyone know if he’s mentioned it? 

The only specific thing he mentioned were the his and her closets going in the new house.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2