Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Scarlett45

Important reminders: 

1. Our (golden) Be Civil rule applies to your fellow members.  It does not apply to the show, the characters, the cast, etc.  Folks are free to say whatever they like - and however they'd like to say it - about anybody related to the show providing it doesn't violate our hate speech policy

2. As per our site spoiler policy: episodes released on premium or pay-per-view services are not considered spoilers.

• Start Topic

No one can convince me that Matt gives a crap about Amy finding a man and getting married.  He offers her the opportunity to stay on for pumpkin season because it is good for business.  The offer to have the wedding at the farm is most likely TLC driven and both of them know it is good drama and both will get paid.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
(edited)
38 minutes ago, IndianPaintbrush said:

Someone else summed it up a while back - it's Amy religious beliefs that are driving her need to remarry. She's old-fashioned and doesn't want to "shack up." This is why I think Amy likes the idea of marriage more than actually being married. She can't even make room for the guy.

Then why in the world has she mentioned several times that they can't get married until he moves in full-time (they were already "shacking up" five days out of the week)?  I think "religious Amy" - didn't the kids attend a private religious school? - is a relic of the past or occasionally dragged out for certain Instagram posts...not that I personally believe it's sinful to cohabitate without benefit, myself.  I agree that she's more "in love" with the idea of marriage than with marriage itself; possible even than with Chris himself!  She seems to regard it as a personal achievement, IMHO.

Edited by all4mom2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

Actually Matt has a history of inviting Caryn or bringing Caryn to family events and pointedly forcing Amy to interact with Caryn. Also, Matt openly and publically dating Caryn, and employing Caryn and having business meetings with Amy where he also has his lover/employee attending even though he's very aware of how Amy feels is all Matt rubbing his relationship with Caryn in Amy's face.

He's not innocent.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

No one can convince me that Matt gives a crap about Amy finding a man and getting married.  He offers her the opportunity to stay on for pumpkin season because it is good for business.  The offer to have the wedding at the farm is most likely TLC driven and both of them know it is good drama and both will get paid.  

You are correct; I should have said that Amy hooking up with "my man" made Matt very happy for HIMSELF.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
23 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Actually Matt has a history of inviting Caryn or bringing Caryn to family events and pointedly forcing Amy to interact with Caryn. Also, Matt openly and publically dating Caryn, and employing Caryn and having business meetings with Amy where he also has his lover/employee attending even though he's very aware of how Amy feels is all Matt rubbing his relationship with Caryn in Amy's face.

He's not innocent.

No kidding!  Amy has to watch her ex-husband parade his side piece around all the time.  Whatever Amy has done will never be as bad as slumping the hired help while still married to someone else.  Caryn and TLC know that this is Amy's year to get married, so of course Caryn is going to wait until next season to showcase her marriage to Matt.  Caryn will gladly wait another year, and frankly, that's a better look for her.  She's hoping viewers and friends will forget she was Matt's side piece and that she  and Matt aren't dirty disgusting liars and cheats.  Lol, she probably wants stairs in her house so Matt can "conveniently fall" after they get hitched.

Zach saying he wasn't thrilled to live next to his dad and ChaCha on the farm was funny.  He's probably afraid his dad will buy some dinosaurs {oh wait}, and put them in his front yard.   You just know Matt will stick his nose in Zack's business and ChaCha {who also gained some covid pounds, same as Amy} will stop pretending to be so wholesome once she seals the deal.  But, I'm sure she'll be looking for another guy sooner rather than later, if they do actually marry.  

But, this episode was boring.  I wonder how long it will continue?  I can see the show ending and then starting up in a couple of years....focusing on Zack and Tori.   They're going to have to  create drama, and I don't see them as calculating as their parents, especially Matt.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
26 minutes ago, watcherwoman said:

But, this episode was boring.  I wonder how long it will continue?  I can see the show ending and then starting up in a couple of years....focusing on Zack and Tori.   They're going to have to  create drama, and I don't see them as calculating as their parents, especially Matt.  

Honestly the plots are very very forced right now. Its very unnatural how Matt and Amy are forced together. As Lucyeth said, we all know Matt isn't offering the farm for the wedding out of the goodness of his heart, and Amy isn't considering having the wedding there because of her love of the land. This is all about filming, and making money. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

He's not innocent.

He cheated on Amy with Caryn while she was employed as a farm hand and he was still married to Amy! He's a cheater and a hypocrite....and so is Caryn.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
23 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

He cheated on Amy with Caryn while she was employed as a farm hand and he was still married to Amy! He's a cheater and a hypocrite....and so is Caryn.

Perhaps this belongs in the "Matt and Amy: Divorce" thread.  Just a suggestion.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

Perhaps this belongs in the "Matt and Amy: Divorce" thread.  Just a suggestion.

This convo was the only one on this thread...personally, I find it boring to rehash the Matt/Amy/Caryn thing. The divorce happened awhile ago so there is really nothing to discuss unless some people aren't familiar with the details of what went down to bring them to a divorce.

• Love 4
(edited)
33 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

This convo was the only one on this thread...personally, I find it boring to rehash the Matt/Amy/Caryn thing. The divorce happened awhile ago so there is really nothing to discuss unless some people aren't familiar with the details of what went down to bring them to a divorce.

I think anyone watching any episode of LPBW could easily discern that "what brought them to divorce" was their basic incompatibility; they were always like oil and water and are both more happily matched now, so it's a happy ending.

Next!

Edited by all4mom2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

Matt and ChaCha are like kids in the infatuation stage.   Just watching these two morons acting like they are 15 years old, instead of adults, with grown children is hilarious.   Caryn will soon tire of pretending that Matt is an amazing man, and fate brought them together...lol.   Neither one has proven they can go the distance.  Selfish assholes!  They deserve each other.  

Caryn seems more annoyed with Matt now, but she is so aware of the cameras and she doesn't want Matt to see the real Caryn.   His over the top spending and buying shit for the farm is bugging her.  The girl must be drinking a lot to keep her mouth shut.  I know I would. lol.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Well, it is HIS farm. 

True...lol.  Growing up in farm country taught me one thing, a farm needs more than one person to succeed, and I'm not talking about hired help.  There is a certain humility to the farmers that I know, and Mr. Matt shows none of that.  Having dinosaurs, trains and pirate ships would be a HUGE waste of land for a real farmer.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, watcherwoman said:

True...lol.  Growing up in farm country taught me one thing, a farm needs more than one person to succeed, and I'm not talking about hired help.  There is a certain humility to the farmers that I know, and Mr. Matt shows none of that.  Having dinosaurs, trains and pirate ships would be a HUGE waste of land for a real farmer.  

After all of these years on the farm and that usable land they have not done anything to make it a year round venture such as:

Winter: Christmas trees, holly wreaths, mistletoe, pointsetias, amaryllis, paper whites.

Spring: Flowers such as daffodils, tulips, hyacinths, lilac and early stone fruits.

Summer: Berries of all kinds (ground & vine) sweet white corn, tomatoes ( some heirloom), numerous leafy greens, lemonade, limeade, melons, cucumbers.

Fall: Pumpkins, gourds, late corns, nuts, beans, apples, leaf wreaths.

Year round: Eggs (even some exotic and colorful ones) and possibly a butchery with all kinds of meats.

So much more to add for each season but who are we kidding once the TV money started rolling in this ceased to be a true operating year round farm and turned into Matt & Amy's non-amusement park.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

Correct.  It's not a "true farm."  It's a tourist attraction.  And Matt seems to have done alright for himself -- and his entire lazy family -- NOT growing pine trees...

Back to the episode: Z&T debating whether or not they could bear to leave their Nightmare of Stairs in the 'burbs to occupy the LP-friendly farmhouse was pretty funny.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
43 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

Correct.  It's not a "true farm."  It's a tourist attraction.  And Matt seems to have done alright for himself -- and his entire lazy family -- NOT growing pine trees...

Well, Matt wouldn't have a tv show if he was single no kids. And one of his big farming ideas that failed was a Christmas tree farm - there's some zoning laws in the way but I remember it mentioned in earlier seasons.

46 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

Back to the episode: Z&T debating whether or not they could bear to leave their Nightmare of Stairs in the 'burbs to occupy the LP-friendly farmhouse was pretty funny.

Funny how that LP friendly house ALSO has stairs. What was Matt thinking when he spent a ton of money remodeling but no elevator and didn't spread out ranch style? He's a severely handicapped dwarf but he remodeled his home to have even more of a second story. (I watched those episodes, putting an elevator in never came up, neither did spreading out on the land available) Pretty stupid of Matt to build a house he can't navigate.

Z and T musing on the topic feels like yet another fantasy story line for the show. It's a year later and the big house is still being rented out. 

• Love 7

Right down the road from us is a farm doing what Matt plays at. Fall pumpkin season with hayrides, kettle corn, and lots of treats is the busiest season, and pre-covid school buses full of kids were a daily event.  Christmas is tree season, spring is flower season and summer is farm vegetable season.  It's a busy place and provides lots of jobs for teenagers. And I'm pretty sure it's a smaller piece of land than that of the Roloff farm. They will be re-opening this fall after being closed during covid.

• Love 7
On 6/18/2021 at 8:21 AM, all4mom2 said:

This is exactly why I hate how Audrey refers to Jeremy as “farmer”. He is not and never has been a farmer!!! All he did was help with pumpkins once a year. That kid is far from a farmer !! Stop calling him that! They all live in a fantasy land. They want to live on a “farm” or be called “farmers” without doing any actual work

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
On 6/15/2021 at 10:55 PM, Jeanne222 said:

Re the soup party the wine looked cheap and knowing Amy’s cooking habits to be so unsanitary I just can’t say that’s a party I would hate to miss!

I loved seeing her open the napkins for their soup party with her TEETH. 

On 6/15/2021 at 11:38 PM, Irate Panda said:

Caryn’s potential house was ok, but I’m wondering if they could put in one of those railing/wall chairs for Matt, despite the landing being there. It seemed a bit dangerous for him going up and down the steps or maybe it was the camera angle.

Yep, they could easily put a stair lift into the potential house. I used to work for a mobility device company. There's a couple different stair lift companies that sell custom curved stair lifts that could actually go up and around the landing. The cheaper option would be 2 straight stair lifts, one from the floor to the landing, then he would have to get off the first one and get on a second one to go up the next set of steps to the second floor landing. Just from the quick glimpse I saw of the stairs, the custom option would have been about $12,000 and the second option of 2 straight stair lifts would have about half the price. 

I know you didn't mention it, but since I've seen it brought up repeatedly that Matt's dream house is 2 stories, I wanted to point out, Matt would most likely build a house with an elevator. It was very rare that a stair lift could NOT be installed in a house, be it a custom curved or straight options. They even make rails that go around tight banisters, fold up at the end to get out of walkways, or the coolest one I saw, went up a spiral staircase. Not just a curved stair case, I saw those too, but a legit spiral staircase. But, that being said, adding an elevator requires a pretty specific set of existing criteria that many houses just don't meet. I worked at the mobility device company for 5 years. We averaged installing about 5 straight stair lifts a week, often 8-10, 3 or 4 custom curved a month... and not a single elevator. Even the few who could afford the probable $30,000 starting cost just didn't have homes that an elevator could be installed in. 

On 6/16/2021 at 10:36 AM, AZChristian said:

Plus, TLC may have said they weren't going to film the wedding if it were anywhere else.  

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we're going to get at least one if not 2 more seasons of this shit show. Caryn posted on her Instagram this week that they had just wrapped on filming. So that gives us one more basically banked and then an Amy wedding season after that since we now know the wedding is set for the end of August.

On 6/16/2021 at 2:35 PM, bichonblitz said:

I think in some parts of the country a one story home is rare.

My nephew bought a ranch in 2019. I don't know why, but he only wanted a ranch. They aren't rare in our area, but it is rare to find them for sale and in good condition. They were all pretty much built in the 1960's or before. My sister also has a ranch, her whole neighbor hood is basically ranches. My nephew lives about 7 minutes away from her and all the ranches were basically built in 1966. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
On 6/20/2021 at 7:25 AM, floridamom said:

I agree seeing Amy opening the napkin package with her teeth was the best part! Amy, next time, please use a scissor. Pretty classless of her, IMO. I wonder what Chris thought?

I was appalled to see her tear the plastic with her teeth.  I guess I stopped doing that when I spent a considerable amount on cosmetic dentistry.  😬

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Spazamanaz said:

I couldn't believe my eyes when she did that. Eewwww. Makes me wonder what she does when the cameras aren't rolling. What a slob.

Especially gross with her yellow rat teeth… she’s absolutely clueless about proper hygiene and food prep.. 🤢

• Love 4
(edited)

I haven’t seen the summary by Ella.  Oh well, I thought tonight’s episode was pretty good. It almost seemed like a season finale, but based on the previews, I guess it’s not.

The outdoor wedding plan is nice, but what if it’s raining?  I’ve gone through several of those and it’s very stressful and difficult for the wedding party and guests.  I’ve also done very hot outdoor weddings...not fun.  How hot is it in Oregon in August?  The Roff Farm venue might be a little too rustic for my taste.  However, I hold firm on my wedding venue selection prediction.  We shall see. 

It was a nice Christmas party.  Plenty of missing family members though.   

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3

Oh Lordy where to begin!  Amy go away and start your second chapter with Chris some place other than Matt’s house, farm, barn, girlfriends house!

Matt lives to zing Amy and she walks right into it over and over again!

With most divorced couples I think they should get along for the kids. Matt and Amy no way!  How they stayed married is surely a mystery. 

Tori is right have your wedding anyplace but the farm!  Hire a wedding planner and stop snapping at everybody. 

Amy is like that dark cloud over your head during a rain storm.  She could be so much happier away from Matt!

Heck I think Chris might be easier with Matt than he is with Amy. 

Chris is a fool and there’s no fool like an old fool!!!  Run Chris. Times running out!!’

• Love 8

I realize they haven’t gotten down the aisle yet, but I see lots of potential for the exes and their new partners.....arguments, road trips, dinner parties, card night.....🤑.......all fodder for the show.  And, we’ll see how the new marriage works out.  I wish them well, but you never know.  Have you ever seen the movie The Truman Show?   

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I haven’t seen the summary by Ella.  

I will do one, Sunnybebe - I just got invited out to go to a restaurant without a mask since I am vaxxed and we spent the evening drinking sangria margaritas at Chili's! Oh the baby back ribs! And BBQ sauce! :D

Will watch tomorrow and recap. 

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I will do one, Sunnybebe - I just got invited out to go to a restaurant without a mask since I am vaxxed and we spent the evening drinking sangria margaritas at Chili's! Oh the baby back ribs! And BBQ sauce! :D

Will watch tomorrow and recap. 

Oh, that sounds awesome and much more entertaining than the Roloffs. 🤣. I’ll check back later.  No pressure. 😉

Ribs and sangria........nice.......

• Love 1

The honey chipotle BBQ sauce is yummy! I was so full, there's a box of food in the fridge now! Perhaps I will nom nom it while watching tomorrow! I was surprised at the sangria margarita being good but it is good to branch out and enjoy new things!

To keep it on topic, maybe Amy and Chris should try new venues :D

• Love 1

What was that eye thing Zach kept doing, I haven’t noticed that before.  Wow i was surprised Tori is pg again but something doesn’t sound good about it 😕

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Oh Lordy where to begin!  Amy go away and start your second chapter with Chris some place other than Matt’s house, farm, barn, girlfriends house!

Matt lives to zing Amy and she walks right into it over and over again!

With most divorced couples I think they should get along for the kids. Matt and Amy no way!  How they stayed married is surely a mystery. 

Tori is right have your wedding anyplace but the farm!  Hire a wedding planner and stop snapping at everybody. 

Amy is like that dark cloud over your head during a rain storm.  She could be so much happier away from Matt!

Heck I think Chris might be easier with Matt than he is with Amy. 

Chris is a fool and there’s no fool like an old fool!!!  Run Chris. Times running out!!’

I really think they’d all be better off if Amy and Matt went their separate ways.

it’s torture watching them, Amy scowling, Matt jabbering, Chris standing their smirking and giggling, acting like a fool, Caryn giving side glances and trying to pretend that she likes Amy…. Ugh!

just stop it, Amy has her own home where she could easily host the kids and grandkids during the holidays she really doesn’t need Matt’s huge barn to spend time with the family and maybe the entire family would actually attend…. The Xmas party at the farm was all about TLC and Matt’s Chitty, Chitty, Bang, Bang Train!….. he definitely needs to get the paving done before October! 
I don’t know why Amy is even considering having her wedding at the farm if she’s actually as worried as she seems… TLC wouldn’t be able to pay me enough to risk such an important occasion, if it turns into a shitfest and her special day is ruined she’ll have no one to blame but herself!  

And what’s this nonsense of Amy and Chris going to Caryns house, these people are nuts and will do anything for money 🙄

that Xmas party was so lame, no kids or grandkids except Zach, Tori and their kids… they all looked bored stiff even the kids. 

1 hour ago, endure said:

What was that eye thing Zach kept doing, I haven’t noticed that before.  Wow i was surprised Tori is pg again but something doesn’t sound good about it 😕

Spoiler

She had a miscarriage

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Wonder how much that train costs.   Zach seems to have the mentality of a 10 year old.  See how bumpy that train ride was and Zach saying he couldn't see a thing as he speeded along?  Amy visiting Caryn's new place, why?  Amy has anger and doesn't cover it easily.  Chris is getting kind of creepy with the Matt love.

• Love 4

How ridiculous is it to have that wedding at the farm.  "My man" seems to enjoy getting under Amy's skin a bit and I am sure Matt delighted in Amy snapping at Chris during "the tour" it only validates him that Amy is a nasty sourpuss.  That Christmas party was pretty sad, it always seems strange to me that just because they are not on the show Ember and Bode are never included in a "grandchild" mention.  All of that for Jackson, obviously Lillah is too young to really appreciate any of it.  Tori saying Matt will move a plant pot and Amy will be moaning "why is he doing this to me". very funny and very true.  The look on Matt's face when he drove that train into the barn, he looked like a deer in headlights. "My man" looked like the Foster Brooks version of Santa.  Zach is an idiot and letting him drive that train they all took a chance, if he crashed that thing, they could have gotten badly injured. He admitted he couldn't see a thing in front of him.  Dopes, all of them!

Best line of the show!

"I feel like I'm sitting in your throne". "Get outta here". 🤣

• Love 10
(edited)

The pumpkin farm/amusement type destination farm that is in my community has a train like the one Matt had, except theirs is larger and it accommodates quite a few people.  And that farm near me also has a lovely Christmas light display and they charge admission as guests drive through the farm to see the light show.  It’s a huge hit!  It’s a lot of work though.  It seems Matt is okay with just opening for pumpkin season.  

I sense the party was mainly so they could watch Jackson experience the train.  I’d bet the other grandkids got their time with it too, just off camera.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Kathy said:

Wonder how much that train costs.   Zach seems to have the mentality of a 10 year old.  See how bumpy that train ride was and Zach saying he couldn't see a thing as he speeded along?  Amy visiting Caryn's new place, why?  Amy has anger and doesn't cover it easily.  Chris is getting kind of creepy with the Matt love.

One of the posters on another unnamed forum who confirmed that "my man" frequented strip clubs also added that he frequented other clubs and may even swing both ways.  Maybe he considers marriage to Amy a BOGO since she's still joined at the hip with Matt!

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

One of the posters on another unnamed forum who confirmed that "my man" frequented strip clubs also added that he frequented other clubs and may even swing both ways.  Maybe he considers marriage to Amy a BOGO since she's still joined at the hip with Matt!

Lol that would be TLC magic if Chris took a hankering for Matt!  Matt would s… his pants. 

That train jiggling around and top heavy with passengers looks like an accident waiting to happen!

I wonder if Jeremy and family did see the train?  If Matt has decided to sell the farmhouse to Zack I would think Jeremy Pizzed!

Amy dressed up, brought all the food then got angry. Stay home Amy!  Mind your own business!

• Love 6

I am sure the other grandchildren got to enjoy the train, but the show acts like mentioning their names is forbidden.  Maybe J&A want it that way.  The overindulgence of Jackson is unbelievable.  

• Love 3

Based on everything I’ve seen....I would take it that they aren’t supposed to mention other family members by name, unless they are present, like when they are present at a BBQ.  Sometimes, Amy and Matt will say something in general terms like I enjoy all of my children or all of my grandchildren.   I mean it would sound lame to say my other grandchildren aren’t here tonight, since we don’t have a contract with their parents.  

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I mean it would sound lame to say my other grandchildren aren’t here tonight, since we don’t have a contract with their parents.  

Makes it pretty obvious that filming for the show (including only contracted family members) is their job.  It's likely/possible that there was a REAL holiday dinner that the J&A family would have been invited to, but:

- If there aren't any TV cameras, would J&A think it worth attending?

- If Z&T are going to be there, would J&A show up?

- If J&A are going to be there, would Z&T show up?

Families are messy.  Some more literally than others (looking at you and your cooking videos, Amy).

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Amy dressed up, brought all the food then got angry. Stay home Amy!  Mind your own business!

Never forget the prime directive:  we must have episode fodder.

35 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Based on everything I’ve seen....I would take it that they aren’t supposed to mention other family members by name, unless they are present, like when they are present at a BBQ.  Sometimes, Amy and Matt will say something in general terms like I enjoy all of my children or all of my grandchildren.   I mean it would sound lame to say my other grandchildren aren’t here tonight, since we don’t have a contract with their parents.  

Exactly.  They have sold a portion of their lives to TLC and that portion shall be controlled by TLC.  We don't know for sure who was there for what, we only know what was filmed and allowed to be shown.  

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Makes it pretty obvious that filming for the show (including only contracted family members) is their job.  It's likely/possible that there was a REAL holiday dinner that the J&A family would have been invited to, but:

- If there aren't any TV cameras, would J&A think it worth attending?

- If Z&T are going to be there, would J&A show up?

- If J&A are going to be there, would Z&T show up?

Families are messy.  Some more literally than others (looking at you and your cooking videos, Amy).

I think we’d have to be on Instagram to see who goes where!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

And what’s this nonsense of Amy and Chris going to Caryns house, these people are nuts and will do anything for money 🙄

I'm sure before they go she will say she's only going to keep peace within the family or some such horseshit. 

1 hour ago, all4mom2 said:

One of the posters on another unnamed forum who confirmed that "my man" frequented strip clubs also added that he frequented other clubs and may even swing both ways.

Wow! now that is some serious juicy information! But why would he want to get married to Amy? Just keep dating and doing your thing on the down low, Chris! Maybe that's why he's not in a hurry to move in full time to Amy's house. He won't have any escape time. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

But why would he want to get married to Amy? Just keep dating and doing your thing on the down low, Chris! Maybe that's why he's not in a hurry to move in full time to Amy's house. He won't have any escape time. 

Maybe when he says, "There is no room for me," he's referring to his own bedroom.

• LOL 2