Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Scarlett45

Important reminders: 

1. Our (golden) Be Civil rule applies to your fellow members.  It does not apply to the show, the characters, the cast, etc.  Folks are free to say whatever they like - and however they'd like to say it - about anybody related to the show providing it doesn't violate our hate speech policy

2. As per our site spoiler policy: episodes released on premium or pay-per-view services are not considered spoilers.

• Start Topic

53 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

Betta are solitary (they'll fight and kill each other in pairs) and are often kept in simple fish bowls so, technically, it's "adequate."  But it can't be much of a life...

I’m no expert, but I read that they still need 3 gallons. And they get their oxygen from the surface , so why cover up the container?  Odd. 

Well, Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton compromised on their wedding. Fancy top, tux shirt, jacket for Blake, but with jeans. Lol.  Gwen is in her fifties, but went all out with white gown, huge cake, etc.  I think Amy has the right to have the wedding she wants, even if it is her second.  I hope she has good weather.  The last several outdoor weddings I attended had huge downpours.  It worked out, but makes it stressful on the bride and wedding party.  

• Love 2
(edited)

How much longer are we going to be subjected to the Matt and Chris bromance? I get the feeling Chris is alot more enamored with Matt than Matt is with Chris. I don't think Matt gives a shit. Chris is so weird. If I were Amy I would pull Chris aside away from the camera and tell him to stop with the sly jokes on her behalf. I wouldn't care if TLC is putting him up to it and  I wouldn't care how funny he thinks he is. It's disrespectful to her. She will never feel comfortable around her lying, cheating ex and his girlfriend. He needs to stop. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m no expert, but I read that they still need 3 gallons. And they get their oxygen from the surface , so why cover up the container?  Odd. 

Well, Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton compromised on their wedding. Fancy top, tux shirt, jacket for Blake, but with jeans. Lol.  Gwen is in her fifties, but went all out with white gown, huge cake, etc.  I think Amy has the right to have the wedding she wants, even if it is her second.  I hope she has good weather.  The last several outdoor weddings I attended had huge downpours.  It worked out, but makes it stressful on the bride and wedding party.  

I kept one in a small fish bowl before I became empathetic and knew better, and he lived several years, so they don't require a lot of water.  I didn't cover the top, however!

• Useful 1
2 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I get the feeling Chris is alot more enamored with Matt than Matt is with Chris.

I get the feeling Chris is more amused by Matt than anything else.

5 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I don't think Matt gives a shit.

I think Matt started the whole bromance thing and now realizes Chris probably isn't easily manipulated and lost interest. I've noticed that people who are Matt's friends tend to be people easily manipulated into doing major favors for Matt.

"Not easily manipulated" is also why I think Matt dislikes Audrey - she took control of his favorite toy and won't give it back. 

15 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

If I were Amy I would pull Chris aside away from the camera and tell him to stop with the sly jokes on her behalf.

To me the bigger red flag is that she's expressed numerous times that she really doesn't want Chris to be friends with Matt, and Chris seems to take a lot of amusement in explaining how he and Matt text each other. Whether Chris thinks they should be pals or not, she's not asking for an unreasonable boundary here.  She's not ok with it, and she's communicated that pretty clearly. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, EllaWycliffe said:

"Not easily manipulated" is also why I think Matt dislikes Audrey - she took control of his favorite toy and won't give it back. 

I had no idea. Does he dislike Audrey? I would like to know more about that!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, bichonblitz said:

I had no idea. Does he dislike Audrey? I would like to know more about that!

In my opinion, at least. Thats partly gut instincts - I think Audrey and Matt share a lot of personality issues (Jeremy married his dad) and Matt never seems to try any of his passive aggressive games with her. Thats also why I don't think Jeremy will ever get the farm, because it gives Audrey a toehold to drive Matt off the land. And she would - I don't think Auj likes either of her in-laws. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

I never got a negative vibe from Matt towards Auj.  After the marriage, Matt was very enthusiastic for Jer to take over the farm.  That would entail Auj moving there too.  But, Jer said he wasn’t ready.  I wondered why, but it was a smart move. He wasn’t ready, based on what I’ve seen since.  It looks like it’s just not his thing.  Matt’s probably relieved it didn’t happen.  

• Love 2
(edited)

Matt and Auj always seemed to get along (laughed together a lot), as far as I could see...  Obviously Jer and the farm just weren't meant to be, or - who knows - maybe it will all work out in the end.  Zach and the farm don't seem to be meant to be, either.

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 4

JMO but I think the cold shoulder that Amy got from Zach and Tori comes from Zach making it very clear that he doesn’t want to discuss his parents new relationships on camera, he doesn’t want to talk about his moms wedding to a new partner or listen to her excitement and plans.

Amy didn’t need to go to Zach and Tori to find out how “Save the Date” works.. its a topic that’s easily googled but Amy just had to run over to Zach and Tori and gush about her wedding and Zach doesn’t want to be involved or listen to it, Tori knows that it makes Zach uncomfortable so she also gave Amy the cold shoulder and tried to end the discussion.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
11 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

JMO but I think the cold shoulder that Amy got from Zach and Tori comes from Zach making it very clear that he doesn’t want to discuss his parents new relationships on camera, he doesn’t want to talk about his moms wedding to a new partner or listen to her excitement and plans.

Maybe but honestly Zach is an adult making the adult decision to be on a reality show where a significant plot for the next year will be his mom's second marriage. "OMG I CAN'T TALK ABOUT YOU REMARRYING!!!" is childish and immature if he also wants to be on the reality show. Sorry. I get his sensitivity but we all make choices and "I want to be on the reality show but I refuse to discuss or acknowledge a major plot point because I'm a whiny baby, but I also absolutely want my paycheck" is a little unrealistic. 

• Love 14

Yeah, Zach did appear all sensitive about the remarriage some time ago. But, he’s fine with Matt and Caryn staying together? Hmmm.....IDK.  If he’s truly upset about his mother marrying when she wants it, it seems to make her happy and it’s a part of the storyline.......he is being ridiculous.  His parents marriage was miserable for a long time, according to Matt and Amy.  Dissing their happiness now is immature, imo. 

• Love 6

Dissing Amy's happiness while endorsing Matt banging Caryn complete with using Caryn as the go to babysitter for the easily influenced grandkids is hypocritical. 

The take away the kids learn? Its ok for a man to dump his wife and a woman who is dumped is very very wrong to ever be happy again. Remember that, Ember and Lilah - if you ever get dumped, its ALWAYS YOUR FAULT. 

• Love 11

To be fair Chris is banging Amy, they are not just holding hands and wiping tears.  I am not sure Zach doesn't care about Amy's happiness, I am sure he wants his mother to be happy, he just doesn't care about her ridiculous over the top wedding.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah, Zach did appear all sensitive about the remarriage some time ago. But, he’s fine with Matt and Caryn staying together? Hmmm.....IDK.  If he’s truly upset about his mother marrying when she wants it, it seems to make her happy and it’s a part of the storyline.......he is being ridiculous.  His parents marriage was miserable for a long time, according to Matt and Amy.  Dissing their happiness now is immature, imo. 

I think Zach accepts that his parents are both with new people, he’s friendly and polite to Chris and Caryn… he just doesn’t want to discuss it on camera.

Zach said he told BOTH of his parents that that topic was off limits while the cameras are around.

I’m sure Zach would have the same reaction if Matt came over to discuss his relationship with Caryn, engagement, wedding details etc.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Zach said he told BOTH of his parents that that topic was off limits while the cameras are around.

I just think this is unrealistic on a reality show thats currently centered around the impending wedding that Zach doesn't want to discuss. 

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

What he said, very clearly and on the air as well as probably privately, was that he didn't want to discuss or for either parent to discuss with him their relationships on the show.  Knowing this full well, Amy blindsided him with her on-air announcement of her engagement.  Neither Zach nor Tori were amused while Amy giggled and smirked her way through it.  Later she claimed to have "forgotten" her promise and half-heartedly apologized to him.  I guess she "forgot" again!  Maybe she does have a learning disability?  I haven't heard either Matt or Caryn discuss their relationship on air with or in front of Zach...

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, all4mom2 said:

What he said, very clearly and on the air as well as probably privately, was that he didn't want to discuss or for either parent to discuss with him their relationships on the show.  Knowing this full well, Amy blindsided him with her on-air announcement of her engagement.  Neither Zach nor Tori were amused while Amy giggled and smirked her way through it.  Later she claimed to have "forgotten" her promise and half-heartedly apologized to him.  I guess she "forgot" again!  Maybe she does have a learning disability?  I haven't heard either Matt or Caryn discuss their relationship on air with or in front of Zach...

That’s right. I recall it now. That must be the reason Zach and Tori were rude when Amy came over. I suppose it’s his right, but it seems silly to me In light of the fact they are on a reality tv show with all of the relationships featured on the show.  I get how he wants things his way.  He was indulged growing up.   So, will he and Tori boycott the wedding?  Tori seemed thrilled when Amy asked that Jackson be the ring bearer.  

• Love 2
7 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

Betta are solitary (they'll fight and kill each other in pairs) and are often kept in simple fish bowls so, technically, it's "adequate."  But it can't be much of a life...

It is true that they are solitary; however they need water around 78 degrees and filtration. They can be kept with other species (mine lives with shrimp). A vase or fishbowl is inhumane. 

• Useful 1

I just watched the episode and I didn’t think Zach nor Tori were rude to Amy.  It appeared to me to be ok considering the topic.  

Jackson and Lilah are a delight to watch.  Jackson was brave to get on that sled again with Zach after such a nasty first run.  I was surprised there were no tears. 

I think Caryn is good for Matt.  He looks so much happier with her around after watching the times when he and Amy were together.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

How much longer are we going to be subjected to the Matt and Chris bromance? I get the feeling Chris is alot more enamored with Matt than Matt is with Chris. I don't think Matt gives a shit. Chris is so weird. If I were Amy I would pull Chris aside away from the camera and tell him to stop with the sly jokes on her behalf. I wouldn't care if TLC is putting him up to it and  I wouldn't care how funny he thinks he is. It's disrespectful to her. She will never feel comfortable around her lying, cheating ex and his girlfriend. He needs to stop. 

Chris seems to be very attracted to the money!  First Amy now Matt!

• Love 7
9 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Did anyone notice that when "my man" and Amy were sitting down to do the puzzle, "my man" put down a plate of fudge🤣

Yes I sure did and half of it was that lemon fudge that gives me the willies… I just can’t imagine lemon fudge …ugggg!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Chris seems to be very attracted to the money!  First Amy now Matt!

I agree and I’m starting to find Chris’s infatuation with everything Matt kind of weird and bordering on creepy.

I can understand Chris being cordial and polite with Matt but all the clowning, joking, poking fun at Amy in front of Matt, asking to see Matt’s latest projects etc is too much… if I was Amy it would piss me off.

• Love 6
On 7/1/2021 at 11:45 PM, BrownBear2012 said:

has grown a lot since being with Amy but he still has some stubborness that rears its head every once in awhile...case in point...he nagged Amy to clean up the boxes in the garage and threatened not to move in until she did. Now when she needs an invitation list from him he is deliberately withholding it from her and making excuses each time she asks. Sort of the same passive aggressive

And let's not forget Chris is peeved when Amy leaves a closet door or a drawer open 🙄 🙄

is that really important in life?  People aren't perfect, and thank god for that.   

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Maybe I heard things wrong but did Amy say Save the Day during the weird conversation with Z&T and Tori quickly corrected her with Save the DATE? 

Plus I think I heard Amy say "world wind", instead of whirl wind" ☺️

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
14 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I agree! I thought Chris was being extremely rude and disrespectful for making snide remarks at Amy’s expense. And might I add, he seems to be a bit of an OCD asshat.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I get the feeling Chris is more amused by Matt than anything else.

I think Matt started the whole bromance thing and now realizes Chris probably isn't easily manipulated and lost interest. I've noticed that people who are Matt's friends tend to be people easily manipulated into doing major favors for Matt.

To me the bigger red flag is that she's expressed numerous times that she really doesn't want Chris to be friends with Matt, and Chris seems to take a lot of amusement in explaining how he and Matt text each other. Whether Chris thinks they should be pals or not, she's not asking for an unreasonable boundary here.  She's not ok with it, and she's communicated that pretty clearly. 

Chris has something in common with Matt…they’re both passive aggressive.

• Love 6

I was appalled at the irresponsible parenting that Zach and Tori exhibited in regards to  sledding with Jackson.  
First off, Mt.Hood is a MOUNTAIN not a child friendly neighborhood hill. Taking a small child to sled on a mountain top where the snow is deep and slick requires a better sled with more control.  On top of that, Jackson should have been wearing a child’s ski helmet. Children get head injuries every year from sledding accidents…Zach’s inappropriate giggling and laughing at the incident just amplified how immature and cocky he is and how complicit Tori is. 

• Love 12

We owned a couple sleds when our kids were small and they hand levers on each side, when you pulled them up the bottom half of the lever dug into the snow like a brake…. You could pull them a little to slow the sled down or pull them back all the way and stop the sled… they worked great.

Zachs sled didn’t appear to have any way of slowing or stopping it… they’re all lucky that no one was injured.

When the episode was filmed was Tori pregnant?…her ride down the mountain on the inner tube was scary, she bounced and flew around like a rag doll before it came to a stop… just wondering.. could her miscarriage be related to the sledding mishap?

• Love 2
5 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Chris has something in common with Matt…they’re both passive aggressive.

Chris has A LOT in common with Matt...and will have more and more as time goes on.  He's not kidding about seeking refuge in "Grandpa's Cabin" down the line!

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

Chris has A LOT in common with Matt...and will have more and more as time goes on.  He's not kidding about seeking refuge in "Grandpa's Cabin" down the line!

Amy may have a type, and I suspect it is a lot like her father.  We have seen several times on the show that Amy's father has been highly critical of Matt in a passive aggressive way.  Matt was that way with Amy and Chris has a bit of that going on.  It hits an emotional button with her.  With Matt, we saw the anger, with Chris we see the hurt.

It is why they say we often marry our father.  

It saddens me when Amy says she hopes this second marriage will last.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
7 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Chris has something in common with Matt…they’re both passive aggressive

Looks like Amy has a type

6 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Children get head injuries every year from sledding accidents…Zach’s inappropriate giggling and laughing at the incident just amplified how immature and cocky he is and how complicit Tori is. 

Sorry, but considering Zach's size he offers no protection for Jackson and I agree Jackson should have been wearing a helmet.  

Edited by LucyEth
  • Love 10
(edited)
30 minutes ago, PDXlulu said:

Amy may have a type, and I suspect it is a lot like her father.  We have seen several times on the show that Amy's father has been highly critical of Matt in a passive aggressive way.  Matt was that way with Amy and Chris has a bit of that going on.  It hits an emotional button with her. 

It's possible she even subconsciously behaves in such a way as to elicit this behavior from the men in her life so that she can then respond with a deep-seated rage.

Nothing like armchair psychology, but we may be on to something here!

Edited by all4mom2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, suev3333 said:

Plus I think I heard Amy say "world wind", instead of whirl wind" ☺️

Here to confirm.

Huge pet peeve of mine.  Cringey. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, suev3333 said:

Plus I think I heard Amy say "world wind", instead of whirl wind"

I am pretty sure she said/says "remain ding" instead of "remaining" too!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I have an idea that with Amy's mispronounced words she is not much of a reader or social type person.  That's kind of strange coming from one that grew up in a seemingly normal household with parents, a brother and sister that all appear to be well educated.

She murders words and every day expressions we all know quite well!

Re Chris he's changing right before our eyes.  He used to be quite sweet with Amy.  He now seems to be more like Matt with the game to delight in seeing her get mad.

We're seeing a different Chris.

My grandma used to say 'everybody has a whipping boy' meaning somebody you could s... On.

Is Amy now Chris 'whipping boy'?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I was just thinking about when Amy and Chris went on a motorcycle trip (this was around the time Audrey was supposed to deliver Ember) and Chris toddles off and Amy is complaining he left her somewhere.  I think he did this several times on the trip where he just disappears.  Where did they end up saying he went and why did he “disappear” and not say anything?  I don’t think it ended up being a big deal I just can’t remember what happened.

Also, didn’t Chris say on one of the episodes early on that he saw flashes of anger in Amy (I don’t think they were necessarily directed towards him) Maybe he doesn’t like to directly confront her so it comes out passive-aggressively.  Any doesn’t seem to respond great when directly confronted, although passive aggressiveness gets on my nerves.

• Love 3

I wonder how many open doors Chris has walked into, How many open drawers has he banged his shins on? 
Not only is leaving doors/drawers open dangerous, it’s sloppy. 

• Love 5

I am surprised no one snarked on Caryn's taste in interiors?  I actually liked it and think Matt did a good job of choosing a chair to fit in with the white, fluffy decor!

2 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

And Matt says "punkin" instead of "pumpkin".

I actually listened hard for this the other night since it's been mentioned here before, but Matt distinctly said "pumpkin."  Maybe he uses "punkin" when talking to the grandkids, or I've just missed it.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

I am surprised no one snarked on Caryn's taste in interiors?  I actually liked it and think Matt did a good job of choosing a chair to fit in with the white, fluffy decor!

I actually listened hard for this the other night since it's been mentioned here before, but Matt distinctly said "pumpkin."  Maybe he uses "punkin" when talking to the grandkids, or I've just missed it.

You've  missed it...he might be more aware of his child like mispronounciation and is making an effort to say it correctly but I have heard him say it earlier this season.

• Love 4

I’ve heard Matt say “punkin” in the past for sure— before he had grandkids. My mother-in-law says it the same way, that’s why it stood out to me.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Adiba said:

I’ve heard Matt say “punkin” in the past for sure— before he had grandkids. My mother-in-law says it the same way, that’s why it stood out to me.

According to dictionary.com, "punkin" is an informal variation of "pumpkin."

No results were found for "papparika" or "parmesian."

• LOL 13