Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

It's even worse than that.  Amy revealed that she can't comprehend how or why ANY exes would remain friends, because in her mind EVERY end of a relationship merits grudge-holding.  So presumably even if there were no "cheating," however Amy interprets that - even if Matt had just said, hey, we're unhappy and incompatible, the kids are grown, let's split up (which for all anyone knows may be exactly what happened), she would still find friendship after a breakup incomprehensible and abhorrent, which is quite shocking since divorced parents still must co-parent and grandparents, co-grandparent, ideally in peace.

Yes!…You’re right she was dumbfounded that people could remain friends after ANY type of break up.

Amy is really quite immature about a lot of things, she needs to wallow in her misery for years, she needs years to pack her shit and move and then she needs more years to start unpacking her shit and establishing a new household.

She’s cutting herself off from just enjoying life… it’s hilarious when you consider that one of her favorite hashtags is AmyroloffSecondAct…. So far her second act looks a lot like her first act.

In this episode her obsession with her little wedding binder revealed how silly and immature she is, I guess Chris likes the idea of marrying a little girl who likes to play dress up and scribble romantic thoughts all day while they have an office that looks like a bomb went off.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
38 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I can also understand not letting it go when your husband has a little peanut gallery shouting "get over it".

His children and her fiancé? 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

His children and her fiancé? 

#AllRoadsLeadToMattAndHisPeanutGallery

During this episode I was trying to think of one single thing about the wedding that is Chris’s choice… even his choice of bands “will need to learn more songs” if they’re to be part of “Amy Roloffs Wedding of the Century”

Chris said he’d like cupcakes so of course that idea had to be scuttled in favour of cobbler 

a couple episodes ago he mentioned blue for a shirt colour after his Hawaiian shirt Idea was shot down but Hell NO there’ll be no blue shirts! It’s not formal enough for Amy’s liking…… does Chris get to choose anything? 🤷‍♀️ 

• Love 13
9 hours ago, DonnaMae said:

When Amy and Chris were discussing the wedding and the food, she mentioned cupcakes, which was fine with him.  Then she said how about cobblers instead of cupcakes?   Cobblers at a wedding?  That sounds like a lot of work and very casual for her fancy wedding.  I guess they aren't going to have a big wedding cake.

I suspect Amy will have anything TLC will pay for!

It's interesting that Matt is planning to build this beautiful home on his property in sync with Amy planning to marry Chris on Matt's farm.

All eyes will now be on the new home!  Double closets, attached garage all interesting and I'm sure many questions will be asked as we plow along!

If Amy was one bit smart she would have never chosen to be married in her ex husbands back yard!

There's no fool like an old fool!

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I’m surprised Matt was able to live with Amy for as long as he did!

Amy is one of the most sour, sarcastic, nasty, bitchy, BOSSY people I’ve ever seen… ugh!

Chris already tippy toes around certain conversations because when he doesn’t Amy immediately gets her back up and attacks… their conversation in the latest episode about Chris being friends with all his ex’s was interesting, Amy was bewildered and Chris acted like it was the most normal thing in the world.

I think Chris’s record of being friends with all his ex’s will end if he ever splits with Amy… she’ll be the same nasty little troll with Chris that she is with Matt.

Run Chris…. RUN!!!! 🏃‍♂️💨

I disagree...when Amy was married to Matt she was miserable. She and Matt were incompatible and there was definitely an unevenness in their homelife. Matt has issues and so does Amy...neither were/are perfect. When you are unhappy in a marriage, it can present itself in different ways. We saw it play out on TV and were witness to nastiness on both sides. I grow tired of Amy taking so much incoming criticism and attacks on her character while Matt seems to get a lot of sympathy and understanding. They both have issues. And while it would appear that Chris is Mr. Nice Guy who is so laid back and relaxed while Amy is just this whirlwind of anger and animosity...I see something else. I see a middle age guy who has lived alone all of his adult life and has always done what he wants to do. He has grown a lot since being with Amy but he still has some stubborness that rears its head every once in awhile...case in point...he nagged Amy to clean up the boxes in the garage and threatened not to move in until she did. Now when she needs an invitation list from him he is deliberately withholding it from her and making excuses each time she asks. Sort of the same passive aggressive shit Matt does. Life with a passive aggressive person is madddening...maybe Amy should run...run Amy run🏃‍♀️

I don't think Amy is a nasty little troll...why is it when women are tough and strong they get called "nasty"  but if a guy behaves that way he gets complimented for it. 🤷‍♀️

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

I see something else. I see a middle age guy who has lived alone all of his adult life and has always done what he wants to do. He has grown a lot since being with Amy

I thought he lived with a few of his girlfriends.   Not sure how anyone who watches the show would know if he has grown a lot since being with Amy, did anyone know him before the Amy relationship?  Inquiring minds want to know!

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I thought he lived with a few of his girlfriends.   Not sure how anyone who watches the show would know if he has grown a lot since being with Amy, did anyone know him before the Amy relationship?  Inquiring minds want to know!

He stated that he lived with one woman for seven years (not sure who owned the house) and that they broke up due to her cheating; he added that he felt secure knowing that this would never be a problem with Amy! Yet apparently, according to this latest episode, he's still friends with her, along with all his other exes...

• Love 1

I mean, I think "still friends with" can mean different things to different people. To me, that's a place where if I saw the person, we'd greet pleasantly and allude to old times and reconnect verbally, maybe over a meal. I'm "still friends with" a guy who once cheated on me, for example. That doesn't mean we still actively date or intentionally contact each other. Chris can still be friends with his exes without actively banging all of them on the side. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The only specific thing he mentioned were the his and her closets going in the new house.

Unlike the closets at Amy's house, which are probably more like hers and hers.  One of them is full of mugs.

• LOL 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I mean, I think "still friends with" can mean different things to different people. To me, that's a place where if I saw the person, we'd greet pleasantly and allude to old times and reconnect verbally, maybe over a meal. I'm "still friends with" a guy who once cheated on me, for example. That doesn't mean we still actively date or intentionally contact each other. Chris can still be friends with his exes without actively banging all of them on the side. 

I think we all know what "still friends" means.  It doesn't mean "still banging."  It means having no ill will, not holding a grudge, and being cordial.  And Amy was aghast at this suggestion, which speaks volumes.  I frankly think Amy's biggest fan base consists of (other) bitter women who can't move past the fact that they were dumped.  Or even just that their marriage failed.

Edited by all4mom2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, LucyEth said:

What I meant was he has "grown" in the sense that at the beginning of their relationship he was a little closed off. Remember when they took their first big road trip on the motorcycle and they stopped to eat and he got up from the table and wandered off and left Amy sitting there? After awhile she got up and went outside and didn't see him anywhere. That was single guy stuff...now he's more outgoing, social with her family and not so closed off...that's what I was referring to.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Remember when they took their first big road trip on the motorcycle and they stopped to eat and he got up from the table and wandered off and left Amy sitting there?

Yeah, that was weird and rude.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Remember when they took their first big road trip on the motorcycle and they stopped to eat and he got up from the table and wandered off and left Amy sitting there?

He probably didn't want to be in a selfie.  Little did he know then that in the future he would usually be in the background of Amy's many selfie photos.

• LOL 7
2 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

He probably didn't want to be in a selfie.  Little did he know then that in the future he would usually be in the background of Amy's many selfie photos.

Yah he better get used to it!

• LOL 3

I think Chris was at the singles painting party, but Amy spent the time with some other guy.  I forget his name maybe Bill, Bob, Tom,who knows? 😂 I think he was at the pool party too maybe. Did that guy ever appear with Amy on any of the other episodes? I guess I wonder if Amy dated any of these guys at the party or paint night or just went on the motorcycle ride with Chris and it was the start of the StoryOfAmyrAndChrisM.  I’d thought maybe Amy would want to date around a little since it seemed maybe she hadn’t before.  Maybe she did, but I was only watching the show on and off or maybe she did and the guys didn’t want to be on tv.

• Love 3

Is the implication that somehow poor Amy was robbed of "the fairy tale event" the first time around by big, bad Matt?  From the looks of her wedding photos, it looked pretty fairy tale to me, poofy white dress and all the bells and whistles.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

lol "my man" should heading for the border lest he be killed by amy's delightful raw garlic chicken  and other equally evil  kitchen 'delights' and rotting food all over hands etc.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

“I WANT that fairy tale event, this really means a lot to ME!”

this entire wedding is about what Amy wants, I haven’t seen a single thing that Chris wants…. She’s such a peacock… look at meeeee!!!  🦚 

21 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

LOL!  "My man" is on tear wiping duty.  🤣😂

Chris has a toddler to look after, dabbing her tears, adjusting her clothes, pushing her hair out of her face, patting her back, wiping her mouth, giving her a little kiss… good grief..it’s embarrassing.

• LOL 4
  • Love 13

Amy and Chris are heading to Matt's barn office. To accept Matt's offer for the use of the farm for the wedding. Oh god no one cares this much about the wedding venue and why you're choosing it. Its Aug 28th. Matt thinks its healthy for the family and immediately starts with how he doesn't want to move the little church again.  This somehow leads into discussing the log cabin and Chris and Matt share man love over the log cabin. Matt hopes she doesn't become Bridezilla. Chris misses his own space to Matt, but later admits he was joking. Chris thinks they're casual friends, not likely to go out for drinks.

At Zach and Tory's, Lilah is standing but not walking and Tory notes she's a little behind. Jackson apparently craves attention, so they are going sledding. I don't find small children this interesting.

Matt is sitting outside and Caryn meets him. And now there's more wedding talk and Matt notes its key for him to stay out of Amy's business. Matt and Caryn apparently have no interest in attending the wedding. They both note no projects in August. Then they talk about rebuilding Caryn's deck.

Now Amy and Chris are doing a puzzle for the cameras. Amy notes Chris is now officially late with his invite list. Chris admits to texting Matt about stocks and also clearly enjoys needling Amy but Amy also seems to get that he's not that close. This is endless and boring and segue ways to Amy saying she wants the fantasy wedding. 

At Caryn's place, she's ripping out the deck while Matt scores her for expression and technique. They debate about who's idea it was to do a new deck. Caryn seems to really like her new house. Matt has a giant plan to redo the whole backyard. Somehow Matt has planned a "monolith" for the yard. Caryn kinda likes it, and clearly kinda hates it too since she starts crossing stuff off the list while Matt looks amused and annoyed.

At the farm, Zach and Matt tool about in the atv on the farm. They rehash "Mom is doing the wedding on the farm". This is mostly reminiscing in the woods.  Zach is worried about giving Jackson one on one time. 

Amy and Chris go to the farmer's market and discusss merging their bank accounts. Amy notes that she plans to pay more attention to finances because she didn't insist with Matt and has regrets. Chris is fine with that. Amy then asks for his list of guests. They discuss bickering and quirks. Amy sees nothing wrong with Chris. Chris notes that Amy leaves drawers open and doesn't hang up her jacket. They have an amusing discussion over loading the dishwasher.

At Caryn's place, Matt is gifting her with one of his special chairs  - that "he's building" even though he's not, and is just buying custom made chairs from a company in Portland. Also apparently Matt is getting his way on the deck design.

Amy is over at Zach and Tory's. More wedding talk - Amy notes that her first wedding had to be planned very quickly and Matt really wanted to elope so a quickly planned wedding was a compromise.  They discuss the "save the date" mailers. I just want to die. Zach and Tory tease Amy about her planning skillz. 

Now Tory, Zach and Jackson plan to go sledding on Mount Hood. There's Murphy playing with Bruno and then Zack and Jackson  crash the sled. Jackson wisely notes that this was dangerous, Zach sorta runs over Murphy. Then Tory goes down in a tube and its a scary crash but she's fine. Finally they figure out how to get down the mountain without traumatizing the kid. They really need a plot generator.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Matt didn't say he didn't want to move the chapel.  He asked if Amy was going to want the chapel moved, because he would kind of have to know that in order to get it done, and Amy got all defensive about him getting up in her wedding stuff.

I wonder how long Chris will be able to pass off his honesty as "just kidding"???

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Chris has a toddler to look after, dabbing her tears, adjusting her clothes, pushing her hair out of her face, patting her back, wiping her mouth, giving her a little kiss… good grief..it’s embarrassing.

Didn't he even say that going around closing all the doors and drawers behind her every day was like cleaning up after a child?  Good thing he's into that!

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
(edited)

Well, if we believe Matt and Caryn, I guess I’m half wrong on my prediction.  I predicted they would attend the wedding on the farm.  Nonetheless, I’m going to wait it out. I still think I may be right.  🤫

I thought that Zach and Tori were borderline rude to Amy when she came over to chat about the wedding plans.  It’s fun to plan and get feedback.  I’m not sure why they were so short with her.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2

Interesting.  Amy ‘s looking really bad. Dark circles and sunken eyes.  Stress!

Caryn called to watch Lilah for the  sledding trip. Strange Amy never volunteers or gets mad at that since she gets mad at everything else. 

Since filming and showing is so far apart Amy will be married next month in August.   Maybe we won’t have to endure many more cooking videos even though they are a hoot!

I get confused sometimes since in real time Matt is doing some building. I have to wonder where they are for real?  Will it upset wedding plans. 

Matt and Caryn not attending the wedding?  Humm.  With the whole family coming in for the wedding that kind of surprises me. 

• Love 5

Matt and Caryn seemed to imply they would be out of town on the wedding date, but......I’ll stand by my prediction til the thing is over.  

When Tori and Zach said they were taking just Jackson sledding for the day, I wonder why Amy didn’t say, I can keep Lyla......hmmm....I’m not sure what the deal is on that.  Maybe, Amy has to be free during the day to video her cooking shows.  🥴

• Love 1
7 hours ago, LucyEth said:

LOL!  "My man" is on tear wiping duty.  🤣😂

I can't. I just can't. What is going on with Chris? It's like he doesn't know what he's supposed to do on camera. How about keeping your paws off your little pet for starters? 

3 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

Didn't he even say that going around closing all the doors and drawers behind her every day was like cleaning up after a child?

Who the hell leaves drawers open all over the house? That would drive me nuts, too. 

3 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Now Tory, Zach and Jackson plan to go sledding on Mount Hood

They are just not that interesting.  Z and T are becoming increasingly full of themselves. TLC get a grip and cancel this mess. But first I want to see this farytale wedding!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

That Save the Date scene was awkward and it’s not like a scene with Matt where I can write off they’re hamming it up for ratings.  Are Tori and Zach supposed to be irritated with Amy for some particular reason?  

Jackson needed a helmet and to be rolled in bubble wrap for that trip. 

Chris’ “jokes” get more and more frequent the closer to the we get to the wedding.  I’m waiting for Chris to announce he took Matt on a motorcycle ride and let him seat in “Amy’s seat”.

• LOL 9
(edited)

Didn’t Amy and Chris get some kind of invitation for something at Caryn’s house again?  Amy snarked about how she wasn’t up for continuing to go over there....maybe that’s for next week.  Anyway, I’m now imagining how things will work if Chris and her ex keep getting closer.....the couples coming up on a ski lift together....Matt and Caryn in one lift with Amy and Chris behind them...all smiles, except for Amy, who’s bundled up with her face buried into her parka.  🤣Or, the two couples golfing, the ladies in one cart and the men in the other......lol.  I know that this is likely contrived for the show but it really does make me laugh!

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Didn’t Amy and Chris get some kind of invitation for something at Caryn’s house again?  Amy snarked about how she wasn’t up for continuing to go over there....maybe that’s for next week.  Anyway, I’m now imagining how things will work if Chris and her ex keep getting closer.....the couples coming up on a ski lift together....Matt and Caryn in one lift with Amy and Chris behind them...all smiles, except for Amy, who’s bundled up with her face buried into her parka.  🤣Or, the two couples golfing, the ladies in one cart and the men in the other......lol.  I know that this is likely contrived for the show but it really does make me laugh!

Chris and Amy were invited to go over and see Karen’s new house/deck. I can see this as just something to film, but if it were real, you could say that Karen and Matt are returning the favor of being invited to Amy’s new house.  

I wonder how Amy reacts when Chris interacts with his exes instead of her ex.  I mean since Chris is friends with all his exes there should be some interaction.  Chris, the correct answer to what is your current relationship with Matt  is not casual friends; it’s mortal enemies.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Well, if we believe Matt and Caryn, I guess I’m half wrong on my prediction.  I predicted they would attend the wedding on the farm.  Nonetheless, I’m going to wait it out. I still think I may be right.  🤫

I thought that Zach and Tori were borderline rude to Amy when she came over to chat about the wedding plans.  It’s fun to plan and get feedback.  I’m not sure why they were so short with her.  

I agree. I think the fact that  ChaCha watches the kids more than Amy does is somehow related to what we perceive to be rude behavior on Tori and Zach’s part. Hmm… What don’t we know?

• Love 3
(edited)

Well, as far as Amy....I recall back a few seasons. Zach, Tori, Jer and Auj were sitting together reflecting....somehow Tori popped up and said something about Amy going off....and they all agreed.  It might have been when they ( adult kids) were talking marriage.  It surprised me.  Then, even earlier Jer and Auj were talking about their disapproval of something at Amy’s house...I couldn’t tell if they meant drinking, fornicating or something else.   Not that they are the moral police, but I’m just trying to figure out the cause of the issue....recall Amy has cared for the kids in their house.  I don’t blame Amy for not going there due to the large dog. He would need to be secured somewhere else.  There’s probably more to it though. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
(edited)

I remember an old episode when Caryn was holding Jackson (he was still a baby) at pumpkin season and Amy was having a cow about it, saying in her TH that "that's MY grandchild!"  But I imagine babysitting would interfere with bike rides, road trips, soup night, girl talk, cooking videos, walks with Felix, selfies, and whatever #amyandchrism get up to.  #secondact isn't raising kids all over again!

I also recall an early scene of Amy babysitting baby Jackson while Z&T went on a "date" to an ice cream shop.  Zach admonished her to pay attention to J and not be on the phone all night; then they came home early and walked in to find her on her phone!  That was when she was being a social butterfly with her singles group before singling out Chris.

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 4
(edited)

What was Amy even crying about?  I have my guesses (reminiscing re: her wedding with Matt).  I noticed she rhapsodized, in another scene, about HER event; me, me, meeeeee!  Poor Chris really is just a bit player.  Something tells me she wouldn't even mind if the union dissolved at some point after, as long as she beats her ex to the altar and gets to be queen for a day!  Also, is fish Henry living in a table lamp?

Edited by all4mom2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, all4mom2 said:

What was Amy even crying about?  I have my guesses (reminiscing re: her wedding with Matt).  I noticed she rhapsodized, in another scene, about HER event; me, me, meeeeee!  Poor Chris really is just a bit player.  Something tells me she wouldn't even mind if the union dissolved at some point after, as long as she beats her ex to the altar and gets to be queen for a day!  Also, is fish Henry living in a table lamp?

You’re better than I am because I’ve been trying to figure out what that thing was and I just ended up going with an old fancy empty industrial-sized jar of hot Hungarian paprika.

• LOL 5
10 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

thought that Zach and Tori were borderline rude to Amy when she came over to chat about the wedding plans.  It’s fun to plan and get feedback.  I’m not sure why they were so short with her.  

Probably because they think a whole big dog and pony show wedding at her age and her situation is absurd.

10 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

can't. I just can't. What is going on with Chris? It's like he doesn't know what he's supposed to do on camera. How about keeping your paws off your little pet for starters? 

Yes, that is the way he treats her like a little pet or some kind of cuddly stuffed animal a kid would carry around.  The pulling out of the tissue almost on queue and wiping her tears while she sat there like a show pony was laughable and creepy.

10 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

They are just not that interesting.  Z and T are becoming increasingly full of themselves.

Same thing every week with these two, they sit around their living room talk about how their children are fearless, brave and gutsy.  Give me a break.  The forced family fun sledding adventure was all for the benefit of TLC, they needed something to film with that bunch.  Tori looked like she was reenacting the Clark Griswold sledding scene from Christmas vacation.  Zach can provide no protection for Jackson and he should not do these types of things with just Zach.  

58 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

Also, is fish Henry living in a table lamp?

He is living in a fancy beverage dispenser, it has a spigot on it🤣

What's up with Amy saying "oh brotherS" the expression  is  "oh brother" singular.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Probably because they think a whole big dog and pony show wedding at her age and her situation is absurd.

Yes, that is the way he treats her like a little pet or some kind of cuddly stuffed animal a kid would carry around.  The pulling out of the tissue almost on queue and wiping her tears while she sat there like a show pony was laughable and creepy.

Same thing every week with these two, they sit around their living room talk about how their children are fearless, brave and gutsy.  Give me a break.  The forced family fun sledding adventure was all for the benefit of TLC, they needed something to film with that bunch.  Tori looked like she was reenacting the Clark Griswold sledding scene from Christmas vacation.  Zach can provide no protection for Jackson and he should not do these types of things with just Zach.  

He is living in a fancy beverage dispenser, it has a spigot on it🤣

What's up with Amy saying "oh brotherS" the expression  is  "oh brother" singular.  

Maybe I heard things wrong but did Amy say Save the Day during the weird conversation with Z&T and Tori quickly corrected her with Save the DATE? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Maybe I heard things wrong but did Amy say Save the Day during the weird conversation with Z&T and Tori quickly corrected her with Save the DATE? 

Yes, she said save the Day.  "Oh brotherS". 😉

• LOL 8
(edited)
27 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I don’t think it’s humane.  Is it for real?

Betta are solitary (they'll fight and kill each other in pairs) and are often kept in simple fish bowls so, technically, it's "adequate."  But it can't be much of a life...

Edited by all4mom2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4