Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor Season 22: Spoilers & Speculation

CindyBee
  • Start Topic

Whoever said Seinne should be the next Bachelorette is correct. As for her color and Rachel last season, if they could choose consecutive black Miss Americas, then why not two African American Bachelorettes in a row? She has more personality than any of the women left, even Baby Bekah. 

As for Arie being "shocked" over Baby Bekah, this guy trolls college campuses. It would be hypocritical for him NOT to choose her.

9 hours ago, Nedsdag said:

As for her color and Rachel last season, if they could choose consecutive black Miss Americas, then why not two African American Bachelorettes in a row?

Does anyone know how the ratings were for Rachel's season? I think that would be the deciding factor for them in having another non-white Bachelorette. If there was not a significant drop, proving that yes, America can actually handle a non-white lead, then I think it should 100% be Seinne since she is beautiful, smart, and doesn't wear her fame-whoring on her sleeve. (I am of the believe that they all must have some thirst for fame to go on this shit show, but some of them hide it much better than others.) She would be my top pick. Not sure who would be my second pick. But I know I will not watch a season with Krystal as lead. She's the only one right now I would not tune in for at least once out of curiosity. The sooner I forget she exists the better.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, call me ishmael said:

Given RS's latest info I fear it is Tia's to lose.

what- the next B'ette? I hope not; I cannot listen to that accent for very long. No offense intended to southerners.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, dleighg said:

what- the next B'ette? I hope not; I cannot listen to that accent for very long. No offense intended to southerners.

Yes that's what I meant.  Although after I posted I realized that announcing that Becca was the next bachelorette at AFTR right when Arie and Lauren are sitting there explaining how they didn't want to hurt her would be the MOST DRAMATIC BACHELORETTE REVEAL EVER!

Yeah, It'll probably happen just that way.

(whiney voice) But I don't WANT IT TOOOOO!!!!

BECCA IS SO EFFING BORING!!!!! It's like she has zero personality except what whichever dude she's with gives her.

I can't even watch a season of one of the most vanilla (Deanna comes to mind) Bachelorettes in the franchise's history.

And they'll probably sign her too. That's probably the carrot they dangled to get her to humiliate herself this way.

28 minutes ago, hnygrl said:

I can't even watch a season of one of the most vanilla (Deanna comes to mind) Bachelorettes in the franchise's history.

Did you really find Deanna vanilla?  I thought she was the most narcissistic and self-absorbed B’ette ever to be cast.  I can think of many terms to describe her, but vanilla would not be one of them. 

Becca, on the other hand, seems like she would be dull as dishwater.  

Edited by Fable
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, hnygrl said:

That's probably the carrot they dangled to get her to humiliate herself this way.

I don't think she had a choice in whether or not she was going to be humiliated. She probably accepted the proposal in good faith - probably not expecting it to lead to marriage, but expecting the magazine covers, talk show appearances, etc., until people stopped caring and they could quietly break up. She didn't anticipate that Arie would lose interest within weeks to the point that he'd start pursuing another woman while the show was still airing.

• Love 1

What I meant by Humiliate herself, is agreeing to being Melissa-ed on Television with an audience and cameras and everything.

That's gonna HURT. For YEARS if she don't PULL a Melissa and take the other guy back right away....who would agree to being dumped for the other gal on not-so-live tv? Except if they dangle a half/quarter of a million dollar (plus wardrobe) carrot in front of them?

Personally, I think they'll have a black Bachelor before they have another black Bachelorette.  

Sienne is lovely, but as we've seen in the past, some of the decision in choosing a lead comes down to who wants to hit the beach for BIP.  As far as we know, it's still on the books for this summer.  Maybe she'd rather do that, we have no idea.  

Becca as Bachelorette doesn't have to have a magnetic and sparkling personality.  She just needs to have great guys to bring the eye candy and entertainment.  

For me, JoJo was dull as dishwater, as were both Ben's, Juan Pablo and Des.  They ended up being pretty irrelevant, just catalysts to the drama. 

• Love 1

Have you seen Bekah Martinez's last two Instagram posts?  They are the social media equivalent of "I still haven't gotten over you" love letters to an ex-boyfriend. 

Bekah has clearly heard that Arie has left Becca, and is now with Lauren B.  Is she perhaps thinking that Arie will come back her way if she sends out these ready-and-willing signals?

From a publicity/fame and future revenue standpoint for both Arie and Bekah -- (isn't that why everyone comes on these shows?) -- it would not be a bad financial pairing.  They clearly have chemistry, good looks, and the May-October storyline would earn them US magazine covers, Star and OK stories, and lucrative public appearances for months to come.

My prediction: these two, Arie and Bekah, reunite somewhere down the road, if only to further their 'careers' as public personalities.

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, California Girl said:

Have you seen Bekah Martinez's last two Instagram posts?  They are the social media equivalent of "I still haven't gotten over you" love letters to an ex-boyfriend. 

She's building her Bachelorette storyline of how her heart was broken by Arie but now she is ready for love.

• Love 2
On 1/24/2018 at 3:11 PM, call me ishmael said:

Given RS's latest info I fear it is Tia's to lose.

It was, until Arie went Mesnick 2.0; now it's Becca's (if she wants it). Which is a good thing. I like neither Raven nor Raven 2.0: both are contrived Sassy Southern Girls.

On 1/25/2018 at 7:29 AM, California Girl said:

On 1/25/2018 at 8:48 AM, Lamb18 said:

She's building her Bachelorette storyline of how her heart was broken by Arie but now she is ready for love.

Bekah is trolling. Gullible types are sharing the post with friends, with an "OMG SHE'S STILL INTO HIM" comment. It's by far her most commented-on post, so I guess it worked. She's this season's most-followed contestant, btw. (Speaking of gullible, she's a contrived Free Spirit. One big meh.) If she thinks she's going to be the Bachelorette, it's because she's too young to know the show's history.

Last, for everyone's reference, the age-appropriateness formula is 1/2 * man's age + 7. For Arie the minimum is 25, so Lauren B. qualifies. (The formula starts to break down after 40.)

Edited by Bugs Meany
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Bugs Meany said:

It was, until Arie went Mesnick 2.0; now it's Becca's (if she wants it). Which is a good thing. I like neither Raven nor Raven 2.0: both are contrived Sassy Southern Girls.

Bekah is trolling. Gullible types are sharing the post with friends, with an "OMG SHE'S STILL INTO HIM" comment. It's by far her most commented-on post, so I guess it worked. She's this season's most-followed contestant, btw. (Speaking of gullible, she's a contrived Free Spirit. One big meh.) If she thinks she's going to be the Bachelorette, it's because she's too young to know the show's history.

Last, for everyone's reference, the age-appropriateness formula is 1/2 * man's age + 7. For Arie the minimum is 25, so Lauren B. qualifies. (The formula starts to break down after 40.)

Well, she'll probably get a BIP invite.

As for the age thing, I remember that from the movie "The Moon is Blue", but I've never heard anyone reference it in real life.

6 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Wait, what?! Arie pulled a Mesnick* and dumped his F1 for F2?! This happened after filming??

*Not to be confused with pulling a full Mesnick, I.e., crying over the balcony.

According to Reality Steve, Arie dumped Becca and decided he wanted to date Lauren.  This happened after the finale, where he proposed to Becca and she accepted.  Supposedly, Lauren was willing to jump into dating Arie. 

I feel sorry for the unspoiled folks who think things are so straight forward with the situation.  It's gonna be fun to see it all play out! 

• Love 8

So Krystal goes home in Paris on a 2 on 1 date.  Anyone read what episode that is? 

ETA.  Krystal and Chelsea are eliminated in episode 6. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 1

I was watching TV at the same time yesterday and accidentally clicked this thread and saw this.  Arrghhh!  I never would have picked Becca to win.

13 hours ago, leighdear said:

According to Reality Steve, Arie dumped Becca and decided he wanted to date Lauren

So this will be my first time watching as a spoiled person, maybe I'll figure out why you guys like it this way.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I was watching TV at the same time yesterday and accidentally clicked this thread and saw this.  Arrghhh!  I never would have picked Becca to win.

So this will be my first time watching as a spoiled person, maybe I'll figure out why you guys like it this way.

2 things:

1. Is being picked by Arie “winning?” (Just a joke. I know what you meant)

2. The only incentive for me to watch this season is being spoiled. ;p

The funniest thing to me is that one of Arie’s ex girlfriends tweeted, “This show is perfect for Arie. The only problem for him will be to pick just one.”  Something like that. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Watching spoiled is definitely not for everybody.  Becca has been low key, the way Catherine was in Sean's season, even though she got an early 1-on-1 date.  But for those of us that don't care for surprises, don't enjoy the manipulative games the producers play and don't ever really take much of this stuff seriously, it's fun to know so many things ahead of time.  Especially when we know bad things are about to happen to really snotty people.  

Karma, baby!  *LOL*

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

The advantage is that it makes it easier to know when you can go out of the room and miss absolutely nothing important as opposed to practically nothing important.

• Love 10
On 1/27/2018 at 8:30 AM, JudyObscure said:

What I like is analyzing the editing when I know the outcome.  Lots of fun checking out the misdirection and trying to see if there are any clues dropped to the real ending.

• Love 10

Interesting conversation between Lauren and Arie just now. She says she is worried she will fall for him and he will choose someone else. He says he hopes he picks the right person. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, alexa said:

Interesting conversation between Lauren and Arie just now. She says she is worried she will fall for him and he will choose someone else. He says he hopes he picks the right person. 

1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

FORESHADOWING!!! LMAO

Totally. I'm sure there was a last minute scramble to re-edit the episode to put that entire conversation in, just so they can flash back to it on ATFR.

• Love 1
On 1/27/2018 at 8:30 AM, JudyObscure said:

This is literally the only show I spoil myself to watch. I can't remember how it started, but it's been many seasons now and I've never looked back. It's added to my enjoyment a hundred fold. 

And I am typically somone who loathes spoilers to the point that I won't even watch previews for other shows I watch. 

• Love 5

if Christopher Plummer can get an Oscar nomination this week for being put in a completed movie three months ago in place of Kevin Spacey, Show could always reshoot the F1 if it wanted to. I bet there is lots of editing going on now so we won’t be too shocked when events unfold for ATR.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

if Christopher Plummer can get an Oscar nomination this week for being put in a completed movie three months ago in place of Kevin Spacey, Show could always reshoot the F1 if it wanted to. I bet there is lots of editing going on now so we won’t be too shocked when events unfold for ATR.

I disagree - they WANT us to be shocked. Outraged, even. 

It almost makes me wonder if the whole "I chose the wrong woman" is as scripted as the rest of the show.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

Not quite the same. (The ATMITW reshoots were much tighter than three months, btw.) There's no reshooting going on here; just using different footage they already had, to foreshadow.

• Love 2

Add to that the sudden emergence in the first half hour of several talking heads from Lauren, whom we haven't seen much of thus far in the show.  Lauren is quite unanimated .... even in that scene in the cocktail party where she got angry with Krystal and got up and stomped away, her face hardly moved.  I suppose she and Arie are forming some deep, mysterious connection based on an innate, shared dullness which will just put us all to sleep as their "relationship" grows and the contest winds down.  

• Love 14
On 1/27/2018 at 8:44 AM, Wings said:

ETA.  Krystal and Chelsea are eliminated in episode 6. 

They aren't the two going to be eliminated. Jenna is also eliminated as well.

In episode 7, Jacqueline and Bekah M. are going to be eliminated individually on their respective dates. Seinne will be eliminated in Tuscany rose ceremony.

• Love 1

I find it interesting Arie did with his F1 and F2 (dumping the F1 for the F2) what he desperately wished Emily would've done in her season with her F1 and F2; i.e. dumping Jef for him. It's just an interesting little psychological bit of seeming wish fulfillment that makes you go hmmmm. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Bugs Meany said:

Not quite the same. (The ATMITW reshoots were much tighter than three months, btw.) There's no reshooting going on here; just using different footage they already had, to foreshadow.

Right, they have tons of footage that they no doubt are repurposing if the spoilers are correct. I’m just thinking Show could easily change the F1 with a little additional footage (and who knows, they might already shoot alternative endings just in cases) of Lauren B and Arie, or add Arie’s  heartbreaking decision if they wanted to accommodate the change of heart within the show. But yes having a big switcheroo after the final rose ceremony? Of course we need to be shocked, plus finally Chris H can be believed when he says this ATFR will be the most dramatic episode ever!

1 hour ago, NoWhammies said:

I find it interesting Arie did with his F1 and F2 (dumping the F1 for the F2) what he desperately wished Emily would've done in her season with her F1 and F2; i.e. dumping Jef for him. It's just an interesting little psychological bit of seeming wish fulfillment that makes you go hmmmm. 

I have often wondered why more have not donr this this when there is a swift break up soon after.  I suppose that could mean that they didn't actually fall in love with F2. 

11 hours ago, backformore said:

It almost makes me wonder if the whole "I chose the wrong woman" is as scripted as the rest of the show.

This makes sense particularly since they filmed the “break-up” and the “reuniting.”

• Love 1
13 hours ago, backformore said:
14 hours ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

Ehhh....I don't know....Arie's a really horrible actor thus far...he's projected his next moves thus far...you can tell when it's him and when it's production (keeping Krystal was alllll production...you could tell by the way he called her name).

But I do agree that they want us to be shocked. Outraged, even. Makes for great TV, radio, blog posts, YouTube discussions (I had NO IDEA how many youtubers posted about this show!!! Yowza!), etc.

The Bachelor will literally be the talk of the town after this. Literally. Ever radio, tv show, blogger, talk show host on earth will be discussing this show. Damn right they want him to pick the wrong girl and go back later (after screwing her and screwing her and SCREWING HER!!!) and pick the "right one" on "live TV"

Becca's the loser in all this. 

17 minutes ago, hnygrl said:

Ehhh....I don't know....Arie's a really horrible actor thus far...he's projected his next moves thus far...you can tell when it's him and when it's production (keeping Krystal was alllll production...you could tell by the way he called her name).

But I do agree that they want us to be shocked. Outraged, even. Makes for great TV, radio, blog posts, YouTube discussions (I had NO IDEA how many youtubers posted about this show!!! Yowza!), etc.

The Bachelor will literally be the talk of the town after this. Literally. Ever radio, tv show, blogger, talk show host on earth will be discussing this show. Damn right they want him to pick the wrong girl and go back later (after screwing her and screwing her and SCREWING HER!!!) and pick the "right one" on "live TV"

Becca's the loser in all this. 

Except she might be the B’ette and find a better guy  

The odds of Arie being true to Lauren are not good

• Love 4

We haven’t had a good Mesnicking since the OG Mesnick.  Please squeeze some tears out Arie, and lean over a balcony like you’re puking or having a gallstone attack.  Or you can Mesnick on a cliff.  Didn’t someone do that in Ireland?  

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Stinamaia said:

Except she might be the B’ette and find a better guy  

The odds of Arie being true to Lauren are not good

I think you're precisely right on both counts. 

Becca will be rallied around, celebrated as strong, resilient and courageous.  Perfect setup for the next Bachelorette.  YES, she CAN find love again after Arie broke her heart!!!  And JoJo broke the pattern of them never having the 2nd place girl as Bachelorette, so there's no real down side.  IF Becca will do it.  

And as Arie has never been faithful to anything or anyone, Lauren is likely to be added to that list. 

And yes, this truly will be a first in Bachelor Nation.  A broken engagement before the show has even been half-way televised.  I'm just amazed no major media rags have run with this yet.  

Arie should try to make the Mesnick is own. Mix it up a little. Maybe Mesnick in the hottub. Oh, wait, this is Arie. Um, he could Mesnick while rocking in the rocking chair on the front porch before sundown, because we all know he's not gonna stay up and brood after sundown. 

You know what I would love to see? Arie dumps Becca for Lauren. they bring Lauren out and she says she changed her mind and dumps Arie. BURN! That's never been seen before. 

Edited by Mabinogia
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Or you can Mesnick on a cliff.  Didn’t someone do that in Ireland?  

I think that was Cupcake after he was dumped by Kaitlyn. We also had a half-Mesnick from Jake when Jillian didn't take him back even though he flew out to warn her that Wes had a girlfriend at home. We haven't had a Mesnick from a Bachelor though since the original Mesnick.

• Love 2