Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor Season 22: Spoilers & Speculation

CindyBee
  • Start Topic

I don't think  what he's done can be considered a Mesnick anymore, not with the breakup before the episodes airing have even left the US.  That's pretty unique. 

He did post photos on social media already of the then-fiance (The racing pic with helmets), so that's like Kaitlyn Snapchatting her romp in bed with Shawn.   He admitted he was in love with 2 women, like Ben did with JoJo and Lauren.   Arie's ultimately picked Lauren, who looks just like his mom.   Andi picked Josh, who's mom & sister looked just like her.  

He's mixing a lot of things up from other seasons to make up a "FULL ARIE".  And once the finale is done, I think a lot of people are going to be really pissed off at him. 

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, leighdear said:

He's mixing a lot of things up from other seasons to make up a "FULL ARIE".  And once the finale is done, I think a lot of people are going to be really pissed off at him. 

Of course that assumes that anyone will remember him 5 minutes after the end of the season...

• Love 3
1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

I think that was Cupcake after he was dumped by Kaitlyn. We also had a half-Mesnick from Jake when Jillian didn't take him back even though he flew out to warn her that Wes had a girlfriend at home. We haven't had a Mesnick from a Bachelor though since the original Mesnick.

Of course, it was cupcake.  Thanks.  I really enjoyed that Mesnick.  All the more dramatic in the cliffs of moher.  Cupcake was a winner. 

• Love 6

I thought Becca was the winner because she got a last minute get out of jail free card. lol. Lauren's the loser in all this. She's the girl who "stole" Arie and will end up getting cheated on and dumped later one.

• Love 16
15 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

You know what I would love to see? Arie dumps Becca for Lauren. they bring Lauren out and she says she changed her mind and dumps Arie. BURN! That's never been seen before. 

I really want this to happen.

1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

I thought Becca was the winner because she got a last minute get out of jail free card. lol. Lauren's the loser in all this. She's the girl who "stole" Arie and will end up getting cheated on and dumped later one.

This!

27 minutes ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

Becca and Last Lauren Standing are both very pretty imo but Show is not showing us a Bachelorette-worthy personality or sparkle  from either of them. 

I agree. Becca is so dull. I can not imagine her making a good Bacherloette. Although thinking about it most of the Bachelorettes were dull.

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

Becca and Last Lauren Standing are both very pretty imo but Show is not showing us a Bachelorette-worthy personality or sparkle  from either of them. 

Last Lauren standing reminds me of Ross Gellers first wife.  That actress was also on “Herman’s Head”.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I agree. Becca is so dull. I can not imagine her making a good Bacherloette. Although thinking about it most of the Bachelorettes were dull.

Maybe she's saving the personality for her own season. She could be awesome for all we know but they are so fixated on the Krystal drama, and anyone involved in the Krystal drama, and she seems to be staying out of the Krystal drama, so we don't get to see much of her. I do know that if I had to spend a serious amount of time with any of them she would be one of my top choices, and the taxidermist, she's delightfully wacky, if I've got the right person and she is the one who would try human flesh if the person was already dead. lol (I'm assuming she wasn't advocating killing someone just to see how they taste).

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I like Tia and think, that of the bunch, she'd be the best Bachelorette.

Oh, no, I just had a thought. If none of these women are “stand-outs,” maybe they’ll drag out an old “fan favorite,” like Arie. I think most of the “catches” are off the market now? Raven, for instance, is still with that guy from Paradise? In thinking about who’s still single, all that’s coming to mind is the Bachelor Winter Games commercial that features Ashley I crying about how she’ll NEVER find love. I feel like we’re being set up for some Stockholm Syndrome brainwashing that we’ve heard Ashley I cry SO MANY, MANY times that she’s infiltrated my brain. Maybe it’s not so much as identifying with her and wanting her to find someone For the Right Reasons, but just PLEASE find her ANYONE so she stops crying on our TVs!

• Love 2

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I like Tia and think, that of the bunch, she'd be the best Bachelorette.

I was really won over by Tia on her one on one date with Arie. She is probably the most accomplished of the bunch with her 7 years of college and her physical therapy degree. I'm torn about her. I don't want her to waste her education by appearing on successive Bachelor shows. If she can do an Ashley/JP where she keeps her professional career then I think Tia deserves to be in the running.

However, Tia has no backstory compared to Becca. I don't think Becca is dull .... I just haven't seen enough of her to make that decision. Lauren has got to be the dullest yet. Her face never moves. 

• Love 6

I don't know if I'm happy or sad that I wondered into this thread. I haven't watched this show in at least four years and only came back because of Arie. I knew he was a player after Emily, but I had hoped he was actually a decent guy who would settle down with a decent woman eventually. So I was thrilled that Becca was the winner since she's been my pick since episode 1, and she seems like a down to earth woman who could be the best thing that's ever happened to him. Then I find out, as I kept reading this thread, that Arie has pulled a total scumbag move and dumped Becca for Lauren. Yikes. He really is a sleaze after all. Now I don't know if I want to finish the season or not because Arie seems to have zero redeeming qualities, and I hate that I ever believed for a second that he could be sincere.  I'd like to believe that Reality Steve is wrong about this part of his spoiler, but he's never wrong (is he?) so yuck.

• Love 3
On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 8:07 PM, alexa said:

Interesting conversation between Lauren and Arie just now. She says she is worried she will fall for him and he will choose someone else. He says he hopes he picks the right person. 

I caught that, too, and thought "Hmmmm."

29 minutes ago, Bugs Meany said:

Definitely not. Are people claiming she did?

Yeah, some people were posting on the episode threads that she looks like she had a nose job.  This is the only place I’ve seen that.

Okay, here's something I don't understand.

It wasn't that many seasons ago that Kaitlyn Bristowe was in the doghouse for her brief Snapchat post showing that she clearly had chosen Shawn at the end of her season. But now, if you go to Becca's Instagram, there have been tons of comments describing what Arie did (dump her and switch to Lauren) and urging Becca to be the next Bachelorette. These comments have been there over a week--since Reality Steve (and who knows who else) broke the news about Arie's change of heart. You can see from the comments that many viewers who went to Becca's Instagram were unspoiled and shocked to hear what happened.

So why didn't the powers that be make Becca turn her Instagram private or shut it down temporarily? Why does she get immunity? Even if they do want her for the next Bachelorette, why allow the current Bachelor season to be more spoiled than it needed to be?

I would guess it's because Becca can't control what comments people put on her social media.  But I do agree with you @adhoc...I'd think that they would be required at the very least to make their SM private while they are still on the show.

There's a big difference between broadcasting a photo yourself and other people leaving you comments.

The contestants help to promote the show (and themselves) via SM. It's part of the show now. She could delete the comments but they pour in constantly; it would be a part-time job. I do wish she (and Lauren) would allow commenting only by people they follow, but most people don't know that feature exists.

• Love 1

What? Delete Becca's IG and lose tons of publicity that is driving new viewers for the remaining episodes? Show would be nuts to do that! This jilted fiancee development is soooo much more interesting than Krazy Krystal and Baby Bekah. Show should make Last Lauren Standing post some photos of herself and Arie while they were on the show just to attract comments (maybe that is already happening).

Edited by MakeMeLaugh
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

What? Delete Becca's IG and lose tons of publicity that is driving new viewers for the remaining episodes? Show would be nuts to do that! 

Whatever happened to the good ol’ days when shows did this thing called television advertising for publicity?  Maybe I’m a ? but I am sick to death of social media ruling the world.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Whatever happened to the good ol’ days when shows did this thing called television advertising for publicity?  Maybe I’m a ? but I am sick to death of social media ruling the world.

Aahhh, but you can monitize social media.  Amanda and Carly from BP were making well into six figure incomes from instagram.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Amanda and Carly from BP were making well into six figure incomes from instagram.

This just reminds me of a couple weeks ago when my husband and I took a walk on a pedestrian river bridge with my 21 yo son. He asked me to take a photo of him on my camera, and then proceeded to tell me everything I was doing wrong with my framing etc. I said "I guess I'm not going to make any money from instagram" and he didn't even crack a smile. Yeah duh, mom.

Edited by dleighg
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Aahhh, but you can monitize social media.  Amanda and Carly from BP were making well into six figure incomes from instagram.

True, but that’s for their gain, the Bachelor franchise isn’t cashing in, which is why I think they should be on a SM lockdown while the show is airing.

Maybe TB is trying to get younger millennials  watching?  Bekah has about 150k followers now.  If she goes in BIP, and I assume she will, that’s 150k potential new viewers.

Social media is what the kids are using for everything these days.  It’s a boon to advertisers, too.    Cheap way to move their products.  Paying Carly 10k or so to post some highly manipulated photos to sell weight loss tea is much cheaper than paying some washed up former ‘80’s actor five times that, and it gets right out to the target demographic.  Lots of money to be made.  

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Bugs Meany said:
6 hours ago, ByTor said:

Whatever happened to the good ol’ days when shows did this thing called television advertising for publicity?

People fast forward through commercials, if they see them at all.

Advertising doesn't only mean TV commercials...there's print advertising, billboards, radio.

Honestly, maybe I'm full of it, but as far as I'm concerned, people who are going to watch these Bachelor shows are going to watch them, people who don't watch them won't, no matter how many commercials or Instagram likes there are.

Edited by ByTor
29 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Advertising doesn't only mean TV commercials...there's print advertising, billboards, radio.

Honestly, maybe I'm full of it, but as far as I'm concerned, people who are going to watch these Bachelor shows are going to watch them, people who don't watch them won't, no matter how many commercials or Instagram likes there are.

Social media is interactive, in a way print ads, radio and traditional advertising isn't. 

When people can vote, like, comment and interact, they feel a lot more connected to the show, or event.  As if how they think & feel actually matters to the people they are seeing.  Many disregard the fact that these shows were filmed months ago and nothing they contribute NOW will make any impact on what they see on the screen. 

But they still want to participate, and social media allows them to be active, not passive.  And it's not going away. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 3

I'm fine with her leaving the Instagram stuff up. After being dumped by the green haired possum, she might welcome the ego boost. 

The only way that they can keep this secret is film as they air and let the Bach/ette do a live dump and pick. Which would probably really spike the ratings...

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, dbell1 said:

I'm fine with her leaving the Instagram stuff up. After being dumped by the green haired possum, she might welcome the ego boost. 

The only way that they can keep this secret is film as they air and let the Bach/ette do a live dump and pick. Which would probably really spike the ratings...

Well since they have taken to showing the finale before a "live" audience and having the lead show up it will be interesting if they include the dump and reset on the finale or pretend until After the Final Rose for all the people who don't know.  I wonder if and when the booing will start.

1 hour ago, leighdear said:

When people can vote, like, comment and interact, they feel a lot more connected to the show, or event.

Then let the show have a SM account where they can moderate the comments to avoid spoilers.

• Love 1

I'd drifted away from The Bachelor when I heard about the spoilers of Jason dumping his F1 for the runner-up. I just had to see how that would play out and I've been a regular viewer ever since.

My guess is that TPTB were upset with Kaitlyn for spoiling that it was Shawn because they were playing up her attraction to Nick that season, so fans knowing it was the other guy would mess up the storyline they were trying to promote. This year Arie has not generated the most excitement among the fanbase or media, so maybe the producers are fine with anything that will generate buzz. 

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Bugs Meany said:

People fast forward through commercials, if they see them at all.

I watch commercials.  Either they’re bad and give me something to bitch about, or I discover a new sexy guy.  Lot of sexy guys in commercials.  

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, crgirl412 said:

Oh...!!  I know the one you mean!! 

Not. 

One day there'll be a Bachelor season where they cast 26 women named Lauren, each having a last name that starts with a different letter of the alphabet.

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, leighdear said:

I think there's just THE Lauren left.  

I thought they missed an opportunity for a great group date early on, where a date card could be for Lauren, Lauren, Lauren, Lauren and Lauren. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 8
36 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

Nope, Kendall is the one who likes taxidermy. She had the book of questions.

Ha ha ha ha.  You can tell how into this I am!  I am going to stick with Blonde vs Brunette.  

• Love 2