Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor Season 22: Spoilers & Speculation

CindyBee
  • Start Topic

46 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

"Burning Love."  Was that a show about STDs?

It was a spoof of the Bachelor franchise created by Ken Marino and his wife. IIRC, it aired as a Yahoo web series at the time, you can try looking for it on YouTube or rent it on Amazon Video. It was hilarious.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 4

RS posted a new info for this week's episode summary (per ABC press release):

Jacqueline is the only one does not get a date but eliminates herself. Seinne takes her 1-on-1 date and ends up being eliminated. Tia, Kendall and Bekah M. are taking for a 3-on-1 date, Bekah eliminates herself as well. No rose ceremony is held for the episode. The four remaining wives-to-be are guaranteed for hometowns as you know posted an info back in October.

http://realitysteve.com/2018/02/06/the-bachelor-arie-spoilers-episode-6-recap-women-tell-all/5/

Edited by ApprenticeFan

Well, I'm hoping that Arie ditched Sienne because he liked her too much to take her further, then have to let her go.  She was really great, and will find somebody equally great. 

But that nasty piece of work called Tia deserves to be dumped, and dumped HARD, right on her bony, judgmental and condescending ass.  I didn't like her from the beginning, and now she's rivaling Krystal for my feelings of disgust and dislike.  I can't stand the tattletales.  

I think in the beginning, it's always a toss-up between the editors hiding the actual top relationship forming, like with Sean & Catherine, and showing it front & center like with Kaitlyn & Shawn.  For the unspoiled viewers, it definitely makes it more of a challenge to figure out, but it's the main reason I like being spoiled. 

This season, we know it's ultimately Lauren, albeit with a pit stop in Becca town.  But it makes it more obvious that while we "see" 2 fairly quiet people on the dates, Arie & Lauren are definitely talking and interacting way more than what's aired.  

No matter what's happening, I still like Arie. I still think he's cute & chill and is going to ultimately find a fun girl.  He may be 90, but he'll find her.....*LOL*

• Love 4
On February 11, 2018 at 8:51 PM, ApprenticeFan said:

RS posted a new info for this week's episode summary (per ABC press release):

Jacqueline is the only one does not get a date but eliminates herself. Seinne takes her 1-on-1 date and ends up being eliminated. Tia, Kendall and Bekah M. are taking for a 3-on-1 date, Bekah eliminates herself as well. No rose ceremony is held for the episode. The four remaining wives-to-be are guaranteed for hometowns as you know posted an info back in October.

http://realitysteve.com/2018/02/06/the-bachelor-arie-spoilers-episode-6-recap-women-tell-all/5/

I had read this and so was surprised when Bekah most definitely did not eliminate herself. Reality Steve, you gave her too much credit.

• Love 5

Knowing that he originally picks Becca only to change to Lauren after the fact, it is interesting watching him so obviously in love with Emily....um, Lauren.

I am curious to see what makes him pick Becca. He seems to like her well enough, but seems to be totally into Lauren. Maybe Becca blows his, um, mind in the fantasy suite and it confuses him. lol 

If I were unspoiled, these past two episodes would make me think without a doubt that he picks Lauren, which he does, eventually, but why the interlude with Becca? Maybe production put him up to it to give her a storyline in preparation for being the next Bachelorette? I'm kind of hoping for Kendall but Becca is my runner up out of this crop so who knows. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

I had read this and so was surprised when Bekah most definitely did not eliminate herself. Reality Steve, you gave her too much credit.

Did he change it?  I read this yesterday before the show and only Jacqueline is described as eliminating herself.

1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

Knowing that he originally picks Becca only to change to Lauren after the fact, it is interesting watching him so obviously in love with Emily....um, Lauren.

I am curious to see what makes him pick Becca. He seems to like her well enough, but seems to be totally into Lauren. Maybe Becca blows his, um, mind in the fantasy suite and it confuses him. lol 

If I were unspoiled, these past two episodes would make me think without a doubt that he picks Lauren, which he does, eventually, but why the interlude with Becca? Maybe production put him up to it to give her a storyline in preparation for being the next Bachelorette? I'm kind of hoping for Kendall but Becca is my runner up out of this crop so who knows. 

I don't know how I'd feel if I were  watching this unspoiled.  Like I said in the episode thread, it's clear Arie likes her.  They're showing that.  But I was also surprised how little material they have.  No producer talk this week--although I guess their deep declarations of out-of-nowhere love were enough this week. 

The only other season I've seen was this last season of The Bachelorette and I think that show did a great job of showing her connection with all of her Final Four.  Peter and Brian were the clear romantic leaders but even her relationships with Dean and Eric felt affectionate and real...if sometimes a bit more platonic.

Whatever the reality is, they had the material to create those narratives.  There's a bit too much telling here with too little showing.

• Love 1

I know Becca wins, but Arie does not seem interested in her. You can tell he's into Lauren even without the I love you talk.. just by the way hes attentive to her and looks interested in her. With Becca, he looks like hes' falling asleep and can't muster up enough strength to look in her direction (that is, when he's not kissing her.) I know the spoilers say that he leaves Becca for Lauren and I believe it... but I'm surprised he would even choose Becca in the first place. My guess is that he acknowledges how boring and personality-less Lauren is, but his attraction to her overcomes a good personality.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I know Becca wins, but Arie does not seem interested in her. You can tell he's into Lauren even without the I love you talk.. just by the way hes attentive to her and looks interested in her. With Becca, he looks like hes' falling asleep and can't muster up enough strength to look in her direction (that is, when he's not kissing her.) I know the spoilers say that he leaves Becca for Lauren and I believe it... but I'm surprised he would even choose Becca in the first place. My guess is that he acknowledges how boring and personality-less Lauren is, but his attraction to her overcomes a good personality.

sadly that is true of a lot of men. And I have heard women say over and over that once you get to know someone they can become more attractive to them. But a lot of these bachelors in the end go for the very skinny model types. totally off topic, but that just made me think of Blob and Estella.-I felt so bad for that super cute girl who was runner up.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

sadly that is true of a lot of men. And I have heard women say over and over that once you get to know someone they can become more attractive to them. But a lot of these bachelors in the end go for the very skinny model types. totally off topic, but that just made me think of Blob and Estella.-I felt so bad for that super cute girl who was runner up.

Yeah but all the girls on this show have model bods.. I haven't seen a girl yet on any of the seasons that don' t have a flat stomach. A lot of the bachelors pick girls in the end that I don't find to be so pretty, especially not the prettiest one there. But we all have different taste. I do think Arie just wants a blonde bombshell on his arm though.. And he probably likes that Lauren doesn't talk a lot.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

My suspicion is that it is editing.  Neither Arie nor Becca are dynamic tv so they went elsewhere for their drama and Bekah and Klrystal were the drama.  Now that they are gone we are going to get the long promised "I fell in love with two women" storyline but with the added dynamic which they only were able to edit in recently that he chose two different women in order.   It will be the most energetic thing he has done all season

• Love 3

I'm just trying to figure out how Arie is supposed to be more interesting and this season less "boring" to so many people. 

Is he supposed to screech and whoop and giggle at all the girls when he walks in the house, high-fiving and bear hugging them? 

We know he doesn't plan the dates, so he can't make them more interesting. But is he supposed to pull his pants down and flap his weanie around while walking around Paris?  Would that ratchet up his entertainment value?

We know he doesn't choose the female on his dates, so he can't pick a more interesting girl.  Is he supposed to just pick a random female passerby in Tuscany and start motorboating her and mugging at the camera? 

Is he supposed to go renegade, shove a senior citizen off their scooter and trailblaze through the vineyards, screaming like a banshee?  

I simply don't know what people expect when the lead (Arie) has almost ZERO input into what happens.  Sure, he's in charge of who's throat he's shoving his tongue down at a given time, but that's about it.  

He's never been a frantic, hyper and extra-energetic life-of-the-party guy.  Why do people expect him to suddenly emerge as precisely that? 

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, leighdear said:

I simply don't know what people expect when the lead (Arie) has almost ZERO input into what happens.  Sure, he's in charge of who's throat he's shoving his tongue down at a given time, but that's about it.  

Ok, I'll take a stab at this. I didn't watch Emily's season, so the only thing I knew about Arie was his reputation - the infamous wall kiss, his fling with Courtney Robertson, all the love for him on these boards. He definitely had player street cred (at least in my mind), so I was expecting tons of charisma and magnetism. He's turned out to be more ordinary that I'd thought he would be, which certainly isn't his fault - and to your point - he really has very little control over the activities. Maybe the expectations were just too high. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, leighdear said:

Is he supposed to screech and whoop and giggle at all the girls when he walks in the house, high-fiving and bear hugging them? 

I know very little about Arie and it's hard to prescribe charisma.  What could he do?  While any of the things you mentioned would certainly create a fascinating dumpsterfire of a season, as opposed to a boring dumpsterfire of a season, I don't think things need to be that extreme. 

I think someone mentioned up thread that it seems like the only thing Arie actively takes interest in on these dates is kissing.  He doesn't really seem to ask questions to show interest in them beyond a few banalities and kissing.  The more interesting dates are with the more interesting women.  Even with Lauren, who he's clearly into, he is pretty quiet.  We get all the talking heads of him willing her to be more open and show interest but I don't think he does really much to try to get her to open up. 

Some humor and general wouldn't hurt either.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I think someone mentioned up thread that it seems like the only thing Arie actively takes interest in on these dates is kissing.

This. I'm old-fashioned and the ratio of kissing to *meaningful* conversation turns me off. Maybe that's what the editors thing we want to see, but I look back at my book when the kissing starts.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, leighdear said:

I'm just trying to figure out how Arie is supposed to be more interesting and this season less "boring" to so many people. 

leighdear I totally agree with you and your whole post made me laugh out loud. I think Arie is genuinely nice and open and attentive to these women, and he even stood on top of his bicycle!, but nice and attentive comes off as boring on the show. But when we had the opposite of that: Juan Pablo, Ben Flapjacks, who were actually rude to the women it was stomach-turning television. At this point in the franchise, we know that the majority of the conversations that go on are not shown. This show has a structure and the players stand on their marks and say their lines and only certain scenes are shown. When you look back at the bachelors, I struggle to see one who was able to break out of the constraints of the show and not be boring: Chris Soules, Ben Higgins, Nick Viall, Sean Lowe?

The seasons that really stand out to me are the ones with the nutter contestants... when we get a Kelsey Poe it is golden. There is nothing like it ... but even she eventually had to leave, and we were left with the basics.

I think the producers know this, but they have a winning formula and they are smart not to mess with it. But we are in the spoiler thread, and how can we accuse Arie of being boring when we know he's delivering a Mesnick to us in just a few weeks? Angst, and tears and recrimination ahead. A TRULY SHOCKING after the final rose show. I'm totally looking forward to it and know it will be anything but boring. 

• Love 7
12 hours ago, leighdear said:

We know he doesn't plan the dates, so he can't make them more interesting... We know he doesn't choose the female on his dates, so he can't pick a more interesting girl.

We know that, but the vast majority of the audience doesn’t :-/

• Love 1

I honestly think all the bachelors come off boring.. but that's only because they have to basically read from a script of 2 lines... "I see a future with her" and "I can see myself falling in love with this person"... it's not the guys that are boring. It's the script. Even Nick Viall who was known to not be boring.. came off boring on his season. The producers are their bosses and they have to say what they want them to say. I wish they would change it up and let them be real.. thats why I like bachelor in paradise better. Still scripted to a degree but a lot less.

• Love 2

I think he would appear to be more interesting if he displayed more interest in his surroundings.  He seemed really happy/excited when he started to drive the red triumph around Paris until to broke down.  He could be commenting on what they are seeing beyond "it's pretty."  He has lived in Europe.  He could very well show interest in the architecture (this is Notre Dame with its famous Rose window...), in the history (this is where the city of Paris was founded), in the fashions, music, etc.  Instead he walks around with his hands in his pockets and says that things are pretty.  Maybe he could even tell stories about when he was a child and his parents took him on vacations to some of these sites.  I don't know, maybe he could take his date cardigan shopping.  He just seems disinterested in anything except kissing the women.  

• Love 9

yeah but in the bachelors defense ( because boy do they usually need one), the producers aren't going to show them having meaningful, everyday conversations. They want to show the kissing, they want to show the drama aspects and the moments they're talking about their relationship. I don't think these people spend the  entire day on dates and don't talk about anything at all. It's just what the editors choose to show us.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, dleighg said:

This. I'm old-fashioned and the ratio of kissing to *meaningful* conversation turns me off. Maybe that's what the editors thing we want to see, but I look back at my book when the kissing starts.

It grosses me out.  I don’t want to hear smerpy noises and see spit.  Surely there is a better way than this.  Ugh.  

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

It grosses me out.  I don’t want to hear smerpy noises and see spit.  Surely there is a better way than this.  Ugh.  

I would love to see a lead who chooses not to kiss on group dates and rose ceremony nights. The making out with multiple people within minutes of each other grosses me out the most.

• Love 10

I think it depends on the personality of the lead. Rachel's season was quite entertaining because she was a social butterfly while Arie comes off as boring because he's laid back and if the girls he's dating don't bring anything interesting either, especially the one he ends up with, then it's boring tv.  Not that I want made up drama like Krystal either. Arie and his batch of women just didn't give production much to work with and I for one am disappointed because I was definitely pro Arie vs Peter before the season began and was excited for this season. Btw, as much as I didn't believe her choice, Rachel managed to have all the drama and it not be just for show. Power to her for proving me wrong and making a genuine love connection.

Edited by dizzyd
  • Love 3

Well, the Women Tell All has the potential to be epic, if the editors will cooperate. 

Reality Steve reports that during the filming, Krystal got called up to the hot seat of course, and they were all shown clips of her trashing the other girls and Arie.  The words Cun! and Needledick were supposedly used by her.  

Sounds like a hoot & a half!

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

I don't need to see their tongues either.

• Love 4

I also don't need to see any more of the women running up to the guy, jumping up and wrapping their legs around him.  I wish that, just once, a guy would just jump to the side and let her fall face down.

• Love 21
18 hours ago, leighdear said:

Well, the Women Tell All has the potential to be epic, if the editors will cooperate. 

Reality Steve reports that during the filming, Krystal got called up to the hot seat of course, and they were all shown clips of her trashing the other girls and Arie.  The words Cun! and Needledick were supposedly used by her.  

Sounds like a hoot & a half!

Needledick?  Oh Krystal.  I don’t know whether to be horrified or send flowers to your home.

• Love 4
On 2/15/2018 at 8:25 AM, seacliffsal said:

He just seems disinterested in anything except kissing the women. 

I think he (like bachelors before him) just start kissing because he can't think of anything to say...not anything "interesting," just can't think of anything at all.   KISS!

Edited by Former Nun

I actually think the leads can think of plenty of things to talk about.....

I just don't think they're allowed to talk about normal things, and when they do, those conversations certainly won't be aired.  No doubt at all that the producers GUIDE the conversations toward appropriate subjects. 

Unless the topic is sufficiently dramatic and shocking, like the death of a loved one, the horrendous breakup of a relationship, a drug overdose, an alcohol-induced car accident, getting kicked out of school or fired from a job, the conversations are multiple versions of "This is crazy!" and "I love this!" and "Isn't this wild/mind-blowing/awesome!" and "You look so great!"

REAL conversations take place.  We just don't get to hear them.  So they kiss.  And that's what we get. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

I actually think the leads can think of plenty of things to talk about.....

I just don't think they're allowed to talk about normal things, and when they do, those conversations certainly won't be aired.  No doubt at all that the producers GUIDE the conversations toward appropriate subjects. 

Unless the topic is sufficiently dramatic and shocking, like the death of a loved one, the horrendous breakup of a relationship, a drug overdose, an alcohol-induced car accident, getting kicked out of school or fired from a job, the conversations are multiple versions of "This is crazy!" and "I love this!" and "Isn't this wild/mind-blowing/awesome!" and "You look so great!"

REAL conversations take place.  We just don't get to hear them.  So they kiss.  And that's what we get. 

I agree and that's why I think we as viewers are shocked when some of these relationships last longer than 6 months or so. Besides the obvious ones who married off the top of my head I can think of Kaitlyn/Shawn, JoJo/Jordan, Rachel/Bryan, who did. Maybe more from previous seasons that I didn't watch but I think some do manage to make genuine connections. Given the crazy premise of this show lasting past 6 months is an accomplishment in my opinion.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 5
On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 8:43 AM, Jaclyn88 said:

I honestly think all the bachelors come off boring.. but that's only because they have to basically read from a script of 2 lines... "I see a future with her" and "I can see myself falling in love with this person"... it's not the guys that are boring. It's the script. Even Nick Viall who was known to not be boring.. came off boring on his season. The producers are their bosses and they have to say what they want them to say. I wish they would change it up and let them be real.. thats why I like bachelor in paradise better. Still scripted to a degree but a lot less.

22 hours ago, leighdear said:

Yes, there's none of what we would consider "normal" dating talk, like about movies, tv shows, books, hobbies, etc.  Even where they went to school, what kinds of jobs they've had, funny family stories, all that.  I assume something happens between the "you look great"  and the makeout session, I think it would be more interesting to see more conversation, and less making out. 

When they do talk, It's only talk about love, and occasional sob stories if someone has had a traumatic experience, but never the normal conversational stuff that is how people get to know each other, and get to the "I think I'm falling in love"  stage.  

• Love 10
3 hours ago, backformore said:

Yes, there's none of what we would consider "normal" dating talk, like about movies, tv shows, books, hobbies, etc.  Even where they went to school, what kinds of jobs they've had, funny family stories, all that.  I assume something happens between the "you look great"  and the makeout session, I think it would be more interesting to see more conversation, and less making out. 

When they do talk, It's only talk about love, and occasional sob stories if someone has had a traumatic experience, but never the normal conversational stuff that is how people get to know each other, and get to the "I think I'm falling in love"  stage.  

This is all true.  But still...when Arie and Lauren were in Paris they couldn’t even manage a conversation about what they were seeing.  Or even much non-verbal excitement.  It wasn’t just her.  Now i can understand that they may have been trying to avoid saying anything too telling about their “feelings.”   But who hasn’t been forced to make conversation at some time and still managed to do more than mutter the occasional word.  And I don’t think that is just the editing.   It would be in the interest of production to make Arie interesting.  If he was giving them something to work with i think they would use it.  Maybe it is because he was sick during filming.  But i just don’t buy the notion that if production would just let us see all the interesting thoughts he had we would be impressed.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

I don’t see the connection between Arie and Lauren.  Other than her stillness reminds me of Emily.  Clearly he was most into her, though, judging by his nervous sweating at her family’s house. 

I think that's why he didn't choose Lauren right away. Becca has a much better personality and more to give in a relationship, so he initially chose her. But ultimately the heart wants what it wants, and Arie's heart wanted a dainty blonde ice princess.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, chocolatine said:

I think that's why he didn't choose Lauren right away. Becca has a much better personality and more to give in a relationship, so he initially chose her. But ultimately the heart wants what it wants, and Arie's heart wanted a dainty blonde ice princess.

I noticed this evening that he said something about Becca having all of the qualities to make a good wife and mother.  I think he knows she’s the logical choice, and she’s good on paper, so he does what he is supposed to do but ultimately changes his mind and goes for what he wants instead. 

Now what it is that he sees in Lauren, I couldn’t tell you. I don’t see it myself.  She’s pretty and dull. He could probably find half a dozen girls just like her at any random Starbucks on a random weekday morning.  She looks like every sorority girl on Instagram in those “check out these amazing dorm room” photos.  

• Love 4

I’m thinking that he chooses Becca because the ex boyfriend shows up, making her seem like more of a ‘prize’.

I felt so horrible for Becca while watching last night knowing how this will all turn out. I hope she flees from the franchise after all this- maybe she and Peter can go make pretty babies- but odds are she’ll be the new bachelorette and we will be forced to relive her sob story.

• Love 8

They are definitely swaying the audience to think he picks Lauren. During last night's show, I kept saying "whatever happens that he chooses Becca instead of Lauren?". I guess for a moment, his real brain took over, telling him she was the logical choice, good wife and mother material. But alas, that did not last!! Little Arie quickly took over.