Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor Season 22: Spoilers & Speculation

CindyBee
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, rlc said:

I’m thinking that he chooses Becca because the ex boyfriend shows up, making her seem like more of a ‘prize’.

I felt so horrible for Becca while watching last night knowing how this will all turn out. I hope she flees from the franchise after all this- maybe she and Peter can go make pretty babies- but odds are she’ll be the new bachelorette and we will be forced to relive her sob story.

Do we have the low-down on whose ex shows up? I assumed it was the opposite. My theory: Arie was going to pick Lauren but then her ex shows up. Arie gets freaked out that Lauren isn’t over her ex, so he picks Becca as the safe choice. Then sometime between then and now Lauren proves to Arie that she wants him, not the ex, so Arie pulls the ol’ Mesnick switcheroo.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Do we have the low-down on whose ex shows up? I assumed it was the opposite. My theory: Arie was going to pick Lauren but then her ex shows up. Arie gets freaked out that Lauren isn’t over her ex, so he picks Becca as the safe choice. Then sometime between then and now Lauren proves to Arie that she wants him, not the ex, so Arie pulls the ol’ Mesnick switcheroo.

RS said it's Becca's ex.

• Love 1

The editors are really milking the eventual story line.

While Arie is leaving Lauren's hometown date, there's a voice over (no visual of her saying it) "If he chooses someone else over me that's gonna be devastating". 

The exact same clip (with the visual of her saying it) at the RC. 

Hit us over the head, ok?

• Love 1

At least we saw some more spark with Lauren this episode.  She had a liveliness that seemed hidden before, ala Catherine in Sean's season. 

To clarify with her dad being impressed with Arie's trip to Iraq and "flying" a C-130, it's a huge transport plane, not a sexy turbo jet.  It transports supplies and troops all over the world, so his "flying" it is the equivalent of your 7 year-old going to the cockpit of a 747 and the captain allowing him to "fly" the plane from the co-pilot seat.  And then giving him a spiffy pair of plastic wings.

That being said, I think Lauren's dad was impressed that Arie went on a goodwill trip to literally one of the most dangerous places on the planet.  Not that being a race car driver is without risk, but supporting the troops that way obviously impressed him more. 

And frankly, I was impressed.  I don't know of any other leads that did something like that.  

• Love 11

I've seen some moments where Arie and Becca seem to really like each other.  But I think it's being edited to show that Lauren is his one true love.  When he picks Becca, we're all supposed to be throwing things at the TV, saying, "NO!  wrong choice!", and then feel vindicated when he dumps her for Lauren.  

I'm always reminded of Jimmy Kimmel's description of the Bachelor, saying the bachelor eliminates women one by one, until he's left with the final woman whom he chooses to be contractually obligated to pretend to be engaged to for the next 6 months. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, leighdear said:

At least we saw some more spark with Lauren this episode.  She had a liveliness that seemed hidden before, ala Catherine in Sean's season. 

Damn, I must have blinked and missed this. ;-)

Edited by Wings
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, leighdear said:

To clarify with her dad being impressed with Arie's trip to Iraq and "flying" a C-130, it's a huge transport plane, not a sexy turbo jet.  It transports supplies and troops all over the world, so his "flying" it is the equivalent of your 7 year-old going to the cockpit of a 747 and the captain allowing him to "fly" the plane from the co-pilot seat.  And then giving him a spiffy pair of plastic wings.

That being said, I think Lauren's dad was impressed that Arie went on a goodwill trip to literally one of the most dangerous places on the planet.  Not that being a race car driver is without risk, but supporting the troops that way obviously impressed him more. 

And frankly, I was impressed.  I don't know of any other leads that did something like that.  

There was Luke Pell, who was supposed to be a lead, who actually served in Afghanistan, but Arie (I like Arie) probably is the only lead to tour in a war zone. (Jubilee and Alex, I think his name was, and Chad were also veterans of course but never in the running for the lead.) 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

There was Luke Pell, who was supposed to be a lead, who actually served in Afghanistan, but Arie (I like Arie) probably is the only lead to tour in a war zone. (Jubilee and Alex, I think his name was, and Chad were also veterans of course but never in the running for the lead.) 

This is reaching deep into the archives, but wasn't Andy Baldwin a physician in the Navy? I only watched one of his episodes on YouTube; he bored me half to death.

And frankly, I was impressed. I don't know of any other leads who did something like that.

It's not technically the same thing but Ben did/does a lot of mission charity trips to third world countries which I think is very commendable.

But yeah props to Arie for supporting the troops.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Does anyone else think they went back after he dumps Becca and re-filmed scenes with Lauren and her family to strengthen the viewers’ beliefs that they are meant to be? And added them in? Cuz I do. 

It didn't occur to me, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

• Love 3
On 2/20/2018 at 10:49 AM, Meowwww said:

Does anyone else think they went back after he dumps Becca and re-filmed scenes with Lauren and her family to strengthen the viewers’ beliefs that they are meant to be? And added them in? Cuz I do. 

No need to—I think they have so much unaired footage from every episode that they could easily reedit the scenes with Lauren and her family (or any of the other b’ettes, too) to make it appear she is or isn’t Arie’s true love. 

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

No need to—I think they have so much unaired footage from every episode that they could easily reedit the scenes with Lauren and her family (or any of the other b’ettes, too) to make it appear she is or isn’t Arie’s true love. 

I also think that they have to maintain the "I fell in love with two women" story line that he has been putting forth.  They want them both to seem to be madly in love with him both to heighten the drama for the reveal and also to see if Becca has the following to become the next bachelorette.  I do think that the preview of his simply walking out the door while she is crying in the background is cold--even for a Bachelor.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, call me ishmael said:

I also think that they have to maintain the "I fell in love with two women" story line that he has been putting forth.  They want them both to seem to be madly in love with him both to heighten the drama for the reveal and also to see if Becca has the following to become the next bachelorette.  I do think that the preview of his simply walking out the door while she is crying in the background is cold--even for a Bachelor.

Right. I would love to see Uncle Gary waiting outside the door with his cane and promptly thump him as he walked out.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 11

As usual, what we THINK they are showing us in previews and clips aren't necessarily things that actually happened at that moment, in that place or with those people

We see the fake edits EVERY.SINGLE.SEASON.  

Baiting & switching is their specialty. 

EVERY.SINGLE.SEASON.

And I wonder if maybe Arie is not absolutely 100% at fault for the shift from Becca to Lauren.  Nobody was at the safe house visits.  Nobody knows what she may have said to him or him to her.  Nobody knows how they behaved together when the cameras were off and they were alone.  Maybe she has a nasty streak behind that pretty smile.  Maybe she decided SHE made a mistake as well, but refused to take any joint responsibility.  No, he didn't have to move right back on to Lauren, but I think plenty of men would do the same thing.  Hell, we see them do that on this franchise in every show. 

It may well BE 100% the fault of Arie the man-child, but I've known pretty, smart and seemingly perfect women that can turn into vicious bitches at the drop of a hat.  And while that probably isn't Becca, we'll never know for sure. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, leighdear said:

As usual, what we THINK they are showing us in previews and clips aren't necessarily things that actually happened at that moment, in that place or with those people

We see the fake edits EVERY.SINGLE.SEASON.  

Baiting & switching is their specialty. 

EVERY.SINGLE.SEASON.

And I wonder if maybe Arie is not absolutely 100% at fault for the shift from Becca to Lauren.  Nobody was at the safe house visits.  Nobody knows what she may have said to him or him to her.  Nobody knows how they behaved together when the cameras were off and they were alone.  Maybe she has a nasty streak behind that pretty smile.  Maybe she decided SHE made a mistake as well, but refused to take any joint responsibility.  No, he didn't have to move right back on to Lauren, but I think plenty of men would do the same thing.  Hell, we see them do that on this franchise in every show. 

It may well BE 100% the fault of Arie the man-child, but I've known pretty, smart and seemingly perfect women that can turn into vicious bitches at the drop of a hat.  And while that probably isn't Becca, we'll never know for sure. 

She wouldn’t even have to be bitchy—she could just have buyers remorse after being caught up in the competitiveness and realized she didn’t love him. Plus her fiance showing up the day of the final rose ceremony trying to get her back may have had a delayed reaction for Arie, if he later felt Becca’s and his hearts belonged elsewhere. 

• Love 6

Reality Steve has a new blog up today and Molly & Jason will be on the live Tuesday night show.  My guess its to show the public "look see, switching works out really well".    Or maybe not.  Who knows with these producers.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, CindyBee said:

Reality Steve has a new blog up today and Molly & Jason will be on the live Tuesday night show.  My guess its to show the public "look see, switching works out really well".    Or maybe not.  Who knows with these producers.

Well, no surprise there, LOL!! You can't fool us ABC!

2 hours ago, CindyBee said:

Well, no surprise there, LOL!! You can't fool us ABC!

Per Reality Steve:

I tweeted this out last night, but for those that didn’t see it, the ATFR will be live over two nights, Monday March 5th and Tuesday March 6th. We’ll have the regular 2 hour finale on Monday March 5th which is with Becca and Lauren and everything that went down in Peru. I’m guessing that 1 hr ATFR will consist of showing us the footage of everything that happened post show when Arie broke up with Becca and ended the engagement, then also the footage of him traveling to Virginia to talk with Lauren. As for the Tuesday night ATFR, obviously since ABC hasn’t even announced it yet, we don’t know what it will entail, but if it follows the pattern of Jason’s season (where the exact same ending happened), I’m guessing that’s the night we’ll have Becca and Arie together for the first time since the break up, then they’ll bring Arie and Lauren out together. However, I can confirm exclusively that Jason & Molly will be part of the filming on Tuesday the 6th. Gee, I wonder why?

• Love 2

Ugh. It appears that the Bachelor Powers That Be are going to offer us another counseling session to help us process what happened, like they did with the Bachelor in Paradise debaucle.  Endless preaching from Chris Harrison and Mesnick blah blah blah. 

I hope Uncle Gary is there with his cane and some of those hard mallard ducks Becca's dad carved and he gets to take the stage and demand some answers from Arie.  That would make it worthwhile.

Edited by TheFinalRose
My thoughts appeared twice and I'm not sure why.
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, TheFinalRose said:

Ugh. It appears that the Bachelor Powers That Be are going to offer us another counseling session to help us process what happened, like they did with the Bachelor in Paradise debaucle.  Endless preaching from Chris Harrison and Mesnick blah blah blah. 

I hope Uncle Gary is there with his cane and some of those hard mallard ducks Becca's dad carved and he gets to take the stage and demand some answers from Arie.  That would make it worthwhile.

No doubt you are right. That is going to be so tedious. Just let Arie have his blonde ice princess. We don't need to be convinced he did the right thing. His bed let him lay in it.

But...it would be nice to see Becca come out with a big smile and a winning at life attitude. Then Chris would announce she will be our next Bachelorette!

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, yorklee2 said:

No doubt you are right. That is going to be so tedious. Just let Arie have his blonde ice princess. We don't need to be convinced he did the right thing. His bed let him lay in it.

But...it would be nice to see Becca come out with a big smile with a winning at life attitude. Then Chris would announce she will be our next Bachelorette!

Actually I’m hoping that it turns out Becca dumped him and the scene of him walking out with the sound of sobbing is actually at Lauren’s  house after he went down to ask her to take Becca’s place.

Edited by call me ishmael
I forgot Lauren’s name
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, call me ishmael said:

Actually I’m hoping that it turns out Becca dumped him and the scene of him walking out with the sound of sobbing is actually at Lauren’s  house after he went down to ask her to take Becca’s place.

Even better...lol

The Bachelor preview after Winter Games Tell All only showed Lauren and Becca.   Way to spoil the fantasy suites results. Also, Becca is shown to be positive and secure while Lauren was full of doubts.   Clearly he went with the safe choice 

Fun preview, and I'm absolutely in Bekah's corner.  I think Tia needs to STFU and go back to her little skanky corner of Arkansas and "protect" some new asshole's heart.  

I'm ok with Becca being the Bachelorette, I just hope she brings a bit more personality.  Though the ladies's seasons are more about the man-candy, I like them to be well spoken & have some natural intelligence.  It's not enough for them to just memorize what the producers want them to say and parrot it back in front of the cameras. (Hello, Kaitlyn & JoJo!)

• Love 5
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

I'm ok with Becca being the Bachelorette, I just hope she brings a bit more personality.  Though the ladies's seasons are more about the man-candy, I like them to be well spoken & have some natural intelligence.  It's not enough for them to just memorize what the producers want them to say and parrot it back in front of the cameras.

I have the feeling she has more personality then we were shown. Every once in a while there was a glimmer of a sense of humor, a little bit more there. Unlike Arie, who I think did better when he was in a competition (Maybe it's the race car driver in him, thriving when competing), I think Becca would shine more when she's not in competition with a bunch of eager little fame whores. For a normal person it's got to be exhausting trying to get attention when a dozen attention seekers are throwing themselves at not only him but the cameras and the drama and doing whatever it takes to win. 

I like to think I've got a great personality, fun, funny, a bit silly and playful, but I would close up like a clam if thrown into the pit with women who are wiggling their asses and constantly pushing themselves to the front of the line and playing up to the cameras. I think Becca might be the same. I'm hoping, if the Ette comes from this batch that it's either Becca or Kendall. I have no interest in watching any of the rest who are pretty much either boring or exhausting. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I have the feeling she has more personality then we were shown. Every once in a while there was a glimmer of a sense of humor, a little bit more there....

I think Show just totally downplayed Becca—she was F1 when filming ended and they wanted to keep her appeal under wraps so viewers wouldn’t guess early in that she “won.” We have no idea what she is really like, but she wouldn’t have been cast if she were as dull as Show has edited her. F8 through F3 or so usually get treated well imo to make us surprised when they get sent home. If Becca is a serious candidate for Bachelorette, we should see some mighty sympathetic treatment in ATFR and a little spunk and I hope humor from her. 

• Love 5
On 2/23/2018 at 6:05 PM, peachmangosteen said:

Way to go Bekah! Tia's actions were intentionally mean and catty please with the, "protect his heart" bs. I was watching an interview with her after the WTA and she made the comment that America loved, "tears and vulnerability" in response to being asked about her reaction after her elimination. Her strategy has been to become the B'ette all along. The more I learn about her the more I dislike her. Please Bach producers if you are reading this don't make her the Bachelorette.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Diana Berry said:

Is the women tell all filmed after Arie  got back with Lauren or before?  I saw the previews of one gal basically saying I know what you did  or  something.  Pls advise.

I was filmed after. RS first reported about Arie and Lauren on January 23rd, and the WTA was filmed on February 13th.

• Love 1
On 2/20/2018 at 2:01 PM, leighdear said:

But would soldiers really be excited to have Arie be the American who comes to entertain or whatever?  At least a singer could sing, or a comedian could tell jokes, or a real celebrity could just be there.  But a Bachelor lead? 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

But would soldiers really be excited to have Arie be the American who comes to entertain or whatever?  At least a singer could sing, or a comedian could tell jokes, or a real celebrity could just be there.  But a Bachelor lead? 

He didn't go as a Bachelor lead, he said he went as part of a group of race car drivers.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, b2H said:

The “we know what you did” statement in the middle of his segment was a clear indication toward the Lauren thing.

According to Reality Steve, Caroline, who is good friends with Becca, is the one saying "I know what you did", and it's in reference to dumping Becca. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, chocolatine said:

He didn't go as a Bachelor lead, he said he went as part of a group of race car drivers.

On 2/20/2018 at 2:01 PM, leighdear said:

... I think Lauren's dad was impressed that Arie went on a goodwill trip to literally one of the most dangerous places on the planet.  Not that being a race car driver is without risk, but supporting the troops that way obviously impressed him more. 

While I think it's great that Arie went on his trip to entertain the troops, I hardly think it says anything about him as a lead or a person vs other leads as leads or persons.

He's a participating member of a racing dynasty and as such is an athlete/entertainer and would be approached to do such a tour. I don't know what, say, we'd expect a Brad or a Ben (either) or Jason to do (outside of just being a reality tv personality--and few of them are interesting enough to get away with 'just being themselves' on a non-Bachelor stage) in such a situation.

Edited by nicgwatchingtv
  • Love 1

Thanks.  Sure looks like it might be Tia given the line of questioning by CH. I am losing interest in this franchise.  A few changes are needed but they will never do that.  So I don’t much care who they choose. I’d rather someone other than Tia though.  

10 hours ago, backformore said:

According to Reality Steve, Caroline, who is good friends with Becca, is the one saying "I know what you did", and it's in reference to dumping Becca. 

I was wondering whether she had some first-hand info from Becca or had just read RS like the rest of us. She was over the top with her indignation but if she's friends with Becca and genuinely hurt on her behalf, I can cut Caroline a tiny bit of slack.

• Love 5
On 2/20/2018 at 7:53 PM, backformore said:

But I think it's being edited to show that Lauren is his one true love.  When he picks Becca, we're all supposed to be throwing things at the TV, saying, "NO!  wrong choice!", and then feel vindicated when he dumps her for Lauren.  

Frankie Heck is that you?  

I was out the whole season and am on board after the WTA.

• Love 3