Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor Season 22: Spoilers & Speculation

CindyBee
  • Start Topic

I don't even know how many of them are left. Let's see...

1. Tia, the southern one 
  2. Krystal - the attention whore (I only remember her name because I think of Krystal Meth, and the others are forced to talk about her constantly)
  3. The taxidermy one who I now know, thanks to you fine folks, is Kendall and cannibal girl (LOVE HER)
  4. that pretty brunette, Jacqueline?
  5. Bekah
  6. Becca
  7. Lauren but I don't know which one
  8. Oh, and Chelsea the original villain who got displaced by the crazy attention whore

The rest are basically extras milling around in the background. 

Oh, wait, Seinne. I keep trying to imagine she is not there because she can do way better than this shit. 

Edited by Mabinogia
I just woke up so my brain isn't fully functioning yet
  • Love 10
On 2/3/2018 at 10:40 AM, Mabinogia said:

I don't even know how many of them are left. Let's see...

1. Tia, the southern one 
  2. Krystal - the attention whore (I only remember her name because I think of Krystal Meth, and the others are forced to talk about her constantly)
  3. The taxidermy one who I now know, thanks to you fine folks, is Kendall and cannibal girl (LOVE HER)
  4. that pretty brunette, Jacqueline?
  5. Bekah
  6. Becca
  7. Lauren but I don't know which one
  8. Oh, and Chelsea the original villain who got displaced by the crazy attention whore

The rest are basically extras milling around in the background. 

Oh, wait, Seinne. I keep trying to imagine she is not there because she can do way better than this shit. 

I would include Tia and Kendall as being above this shit.  Jaqueline the mime is probably too good as well.

But they’re all in it for the opportunities to make quick Bachelor nation and social media cash. 

Did he keep the realtor with the sad looking hair? Ashley?

• Love 1

I see they are setting us up for the Lauren & Arie 4evah love story tonight by trying to explain Lauren's perma-sneer face at the rose ceremony as being caused by loving Arie so so so much, and not from being self-centered, boring and unlikeable.

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, TheFinalRose said:

I see they are setting us up for the Lauren & Arie 4evah love story tonight by trying to explain Lauren's perma-sneer face at the rose ceremony as being caused by loving Arie so so so much, and not from being self-centered, boring and unlikeable.

Yup, and they must have been really desperate for material, since conversations with producers are rarely aired. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, rlc said:

I’m sitting here thinking how much better all of this would have been with Peter instead of dorky Ari...

Amen!

24 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

Yup, and they must have been really desperate for material, since conversations with producers are rarely aired. 

I said the same thing. It’s way obvious. 

Just now, Madding crowd said:

Arie is not even embarrassed to be telling someone he is not smart enough for them. Not everyone is a genius but if a guy actually admits to not being smart, it would be a deal breaker for me.

I've had several men say that to me, and it has never been a deal breaker. If a man is self-aware and perceptive enough to recognize that, he meets my standard for "smart." To me, intelligence is like beauty in the sense that you're born with it and don't really "earn" it. I care more about kindness, positive attitude, good work ethic, humor, and curiosity about the world.

• Love 15
34 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

I think that makes sense if you get to know someone, but if I heard that on a first date before the guy barely knew me it would be a turn off.

When you're in academia like Jacqueline, or in a STEM field like I am, almost everyone you meet will have that reaction when you tell them what you do. At least that's been my experience.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 6
On 2/3/2018 at 10:40 AM, Mabinogia said:

On 2/4/2018 at 3:50 PM, Mu Shu said:

I would include Tia and Kendall as being above this shit.  Jaqueline the mime is probably too good as well.

Before BIP and Instagram, when being on the show didn't mean easy money, I believed in the possibility of too-good-for-this-show. Maybe 1-2 women from each season got a book deal or hosting gig; the rest went back to their lives. Too-good-for-this-show doesn't exist anymore (if it ever did). Kristina from Nick's season started out that way. Then she went on BIP, hooked up with fuckboy Dean and moved to LA like every other product hawker does now. How is she any different from her Paradise rival, Danielle L.? Btw, Tia is the least 'above' this shit. She went on this show to 'avenge' her friend Raven, the self-proclaimed America's Sweetheart who was denied the Bachelorette crown.

Aside 1: If I lived in LA I would despise this show. It's more thing that gets useless famewhores to move there and contribute nothing.

Aside 2: Seinne is pronounced 'sen.' She should change her name to Sienne if she's going to pronounce it 'see-en.'

Edited by Bugs Meany
  • Love 2

In the previews for the rest of the season that they showed last night: Did they include a clip of Arie breaking it off with Becca post-show? We know they filmed it and there is a clip of Becca alone crying in a room with white walls and she is sitting on a grey couch. It reads 'sterile, meet-up spot' to me. Then they end the clip with Arie sitting on the same couch alone with sobbing heard in the background (which can always be voice-over). It's not a scene or setting we've been teased with before, and it certainly doesn't look like it takes place in Tuscany or Machu Pichu or wherever else they're heading. 

2 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

I think that was a scene from the break up. Reality Steve tweeted that it was.  

They filmed their breakup? What, did Arie call them and say get a film crew here, I am going to breakup with Becca.  I am missing something.

• Love 6

i wondered if Arie let Last Lauren go before the final rose ceremony (like Emily ditched him) and that was her sobbing we heard in the preview? Becca could be sad and alone after old boyfriend showed up to beg for her return, before the f1.

Now that I'm spoiled, I can spot all the editing tricks they use to make the "shock" ending make sense from a storyline perspective. All I can say is that it's very sad Arie is still in love with Emily, a fact made clear by his choice of look alike and act alike girlfriend Lauren. Lauren is younger than Emily, doesn't have a child, and needs to be protected from the big world, so in Arie's mind, she's perfect. So sad. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Fallacy said:

Now that I'm spoiled, I can spot all the editing tricks they use to make the "shock" ending make sense from a storyline perspective

I noticed that. Lauren "I'm so afraid he's going to pick someone else!" Camera switch to perfectly frame Becca. LOL. Sometimes I think they do this stuff to make it amusing for us spoiled people!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Fallacy said:

Now that I'm spoiled, I can spot all the editing tricks they use to make the "shock" ending make sense from a storyline perspective. All I can say is that it's very sad Arie is still in love with Emily, a fact made clear by his choice of look alike and act alike girlfriend Lauren. Lauren is younger than Emily, doesn't have a child, and needs to be protected from the big world, so in Arie's mind, she's perfect. So sad. 

It appears that perhaps the only woman Arie has ever been in love with is Emily.  It's been years, she's happily married, he needs to find a way to move on.  Counseling perhaps?

Lauren was a non starter, especially in previous episodes.  He seems to like her because he thinks he can protect her?

Arie on the gray couch is twirling the ring in his fingers.  At least Becca is spared a breakup on After the final rose.

Arie is looking for a new Emily, Lauren looks like her and Becca has a spark about her that probably reminded him of her.

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

Arie is looking for a new Emily, Lauren looks like her

She doesn't. (Pretty and blonde isn't enough to make them lookalikes.) I think you guys are reaching here. Arie isn't emotionally developed enough to be hung up on someone.

Edited by Bugs Meany
  • Love 9

I don't think she looks just like Emily so much as she is acting just like Emily, making him work for it. I think it's true that Arie wants what he can't have, or at least has to work for. Not sure why, but that seems to be his preference. I think, once he gets Lauren he will get bored and go out looking for his next conquest. 

• Love 7

Emily's nose, perhaps a surgeon's work, is considerably narrower. They have different face shapes. If the Bachelor had been Peter, I very strongly doubt anyone would look at Lauren and think of Emily Maynard, the Bachelorette from six years ago.

• Love 5

I guess that’s why he’ll end up with Lauren.  They’re both so dull. 

They remind me of the scene in “Best in Show” when Jennifer Coolidge’s character is talking about her ancient husband:

”We have so much in common, we both love soup and snow peas, we love the outdoors, and talking and not talking. We could not talk or talk forever and still find things to not talk about.”

• Love 11
13 hours ago, Wings said:

They filmed their breakup? What, did Arie call them and say get a film crew here, I am going to breakup with Becca.  I am missing something.

He probably was obligated to so that.  I was wondering if they were going to save the breakup and replacement for After The Final Rose but clearly they are going to make it part of the finale.  I wonder if Becca will actually show up on the live show?

• Love 1

Sure she'll show up for the live show.  Chris will ask her if she'll ever be able to love again, and she'll tearfully explain how the breakup helped her really learn what love is and that she has been able to grow from loving Arie and growing stronger due to their breakup.  Then Chris will tell us that she'll learn to love again as the Bachelorette....(this post contains absolutely no spoilers about who the next bachelorette will be...).

• Love 5
On 2/6/2018 at 4:21 PM, dleighg said:

I noticed that. Lauren "I'm so afraid he's going to pick someone else!" Camera switch to perfectly frame Becca. LOL. Sometimes I think they do this stuff to make it amusing for us spoiled people!

I honestly think they do it now too.  Reality Steve & his spoilers are pretty well known now in the Bachelorverse, that the editors have absolutely no reason to pretend they don't exist.  We may be giving them too much credit, but it's like finding those "Easter Eggs" in movies.  Fun to spot & makes you feel observant & clever.....*LOL*

I was SO relieved when Krystal finally got shit-canned.  I knew it was coming, but really wished it happened sooner.  I literally had to mute my TV every time she was speaking on screen, I hated her stupid voice THAT much.  

• Love 3

They look so much alike to me. And again, it's not just appearance. Their personalities seem to be lining up too. We don't know that much about Lauren yet but I never thought Emily had that much to say about her surroundings either, and they both seem like the "I'm so vulnerable that I have to guard my heart" type. Who knows...maybe Arie and Lauren will shock me and live happily ever after, but I highly doubt it, especially when Arie sees that many on the internet think he just found a replacement for Emily. 

emily-maynard-a-435.jpg

Lauren B.jpg

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Fallacy said:

They look so much alike to me. And again, it's not just appearance. Their personalities seem to be lining up too.

They do look alike, but I disagree about the personalities. Emily was always gracious and tried to engage all her dates in conversation. She found nice things to say about every locale she visited even if it was just "it's so pretty here." And if she didn't like something she said so politely but firmly instead of scowling into the camera. Emily was not the sharpest tool in the shed, but with her you never had to wonder whether she still had a pulse or brain activity.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, chocolatine said:

They do look alike, but I disagree about the personalities. Emily was always gracious and tried to engage all her dates in conversation. She found nice things to say about every locale she visited even if it was just "it's so pretty here." And if didn't like something she clearly said so politely but firmly instead of scowling into the camera. Emily was not the sharpest tool in the shed, but with her you never had to wonder whether she still had a pulse or brain activity.

I agree that Emily has more personality by far than we've seen out of Lauren, but to be fair, we've seen many hours of Emily footage compared to about 20 minutes of Lauren It's just something in the way they carry themselves and the way they talk that seems eerily similar to me. Perhaps it's the fact that they have the exact same haircut and clothing style that's making me think they could be cast as sisters in a movie and the audience would believe they were really related. 

• Love 4

Ok so I couldn't stand anymore of this dull season without being spoiled and all I can say is wow...just unbelievably wow. Where do I even begin?

First off I will be so glad when this screwed up dumbass Arie season is over. What a waste in casting him. Of course him and Lauren are perfect together. Both are dull, dim and about as exciting as watching paint dry but I didn't want to see that on my TV. Again what a waste. 

I had commented in the episode thread about the never seen before uniqueness of showing the Lauren conversation after the final RC and hoped we saw more of this in future seasons. Now I see why they did that. But just blah. Blah on Lauren as the F1. Blah on Arie and blah on this season.

And regarding Tia as the next B'ette I think from a intellectual and personality standpoint she would be OK. Heck she couldn't be any worse and probably better than some have been but I agree that from a totally shallow standpoint her nose (for me) would be so distracting. Also @ByTor and @Bugs Meany, I was one of the posters discussing if she had had a nose job in a earlier episode thread. Someone had commented that it looked like she had a bad one and I said if that was a nose job I would be sueing a surgeon if I were Tia and I certainly wouldn't be going on national TV. Nah unfortunately she was born with that. Of course as someone suggested if she had time and did have work done (if she were chosen) before her season there would be thousands who would judge her for having had work done but I would be applauding her for doing something she felt was right for her and to make her feel pretty and more self confident. Of course many really screw up majorly when they have these procedures done as they don't need them but I feel this could only improve her looks if she gets a good surgeon.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 1
On 1/30/2018 at 9:27 PM, Mu Shu said:

Of course, it was cupcake.  Thanks.  I really enjoyed that Mesnick.  All the more dramatic in the cliffs of moher.  Cupcake was a winner. 

I loved Cupcake!! Now he would have made a good Bachelor. Show really messed up when they picked Ben over him. Of course he has proven himself to be a class act since that season so it was probably best for him that they didn't. But I would have loved to see him on my TV screen as the Bach. He has a killer body. Not to mention the fact he was/is accomplished and smart.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, yorklee2 said:

Someone had commented that it looked like she had a bad one and I said if that was a nose job I would be sueing a surgeon if I were Tia and I certainly wouldn't be going on national TV. Nah unfortunately she was born with that. Of course as someone suggested if she had time and did have work done (if she were chosen) before her season there would be thousands who would judge her for having had work done but I would be applauding her for doing something she felt was right for her and to make her feel pretty and more self confident.

I had a nose job, so I can tell you she doesn't have that option pre-Bachelorette (which starts filming several days after the announcement). There's some bedrest and then you have black eyes for up to 2 weeks.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Bugs Meany said:

I had a nose job, so I can tell you she doesn't have that option pre-Bachelorette (which starts filming several days after the announcement). There's some bedrest and then you have black eyes for up to 2 weeks.

I wondered as much. But she might have time if she did it right now. I suppose it's all a mute point anyway as it obviously doesn't bother her and that's what's important. I wonder if there have been any comments to that effect on social media though as I don't do Twitter and such. I know producers follow that closely.

And good for you Bugs. I hope that worked out good for you.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Who is Cupcake?

He was on Kaitlyn's season. Google Chris Strandburg aka "cupcake". You can find videos on YouTube as well. Then you'll see what I'm talking about. 

He was famous for riding up on night one in a motorized cupcake hence the nickname. And crying on the Cliffs of Moher in Ireland when Kaitlyn dumped him.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

I don’t see the problem with Tia’s nose.  Overall, I find her to be very attractive.

I think she's attractive from the front, but sideways her nose is curved like a witch's.

• Love 2

I never notice their noses. Fake lashes are more distracting to me. Who thinks the spider leg look is sexy?

I'm just popping in hoping that Arie dumped Lauren for another runner up. Does that mean I'm going to hell? 

• Love 12
9 hours ago, dbell1 said:

I never notice their noses. Fake lashes are more distracting to me. Who thinks the spider leg look is sexy?

I'm just popping in hoping that Arie dumped Lauren for another runner up. Does that mean I'm going to hell? 

No, because I’m hoping the same.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Mu Shu said:
10 hours ago, dbell1 said:

No, because I’m hoping the same.  

Or perhaps you're both we're all going to hell :)

• Love 5
14 hours ago, dbell1 said:

That would make a great spinoff: "Dumped by Arie."  They could all live in a house together and have lovable hijinks.  

• Love 9