Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor Season 22: Spoilers & Speculation

CindyBee
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I know what you mean but this is too good a story line for them to pass up next season 

48 minutes ago, Nedsdag said:

Can anyone confirm the rumor that Becca and gap-toothed Peter were seen together at the Super Bowl?

ETA: I know Becca had the "story" line, but I'm surprised she would put herself through this again. Especially since the guys who'll be chosen will all say the same thing over and over again: "I saw Becca on the Bachelor and I told my parents/sister/brother/best friend/boss/wife/ex-girlfriend that I was going to marry that girl."

I hope so Jaclyn88. I thought she probably would be for awhile but then when I saw Tia's "performance" on WTA and how social media loved her I was worried. 

You know we don't know for certain that Becca was 100% happy when this all went down. I think she cared for Arie and rejection hurts period but it's possible she may have been sensing Arie wasn't completely satisfied anymore and therefore she wasn't as blissfully happy herself. In other words after the initial shock of being rejected wore off she may have been more ready to move on then it might seem.

As to why she would put herself through it again I've always wondered why any of these people would. Some I'm sure do it for fame but I think others may still think they can find love this way. As the saying goes "hope springs eternal".

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, yorklee2 said:

I hope so Jaclyn88. I thought she probably would be for awhile but then when I saw Tia's "performance" on WTA and how social media loved her I was worried. 

I guess we were reading different social media spots because I read the exact opposite regarding Tia and it wasn't pretty.

• Love 1

The only way I see Becca not being the next Bachelorette after all this is if she decides to turn down the role or plays hard to get.

As to why she'd put herself through this?  To get over the suck of the previous experience.  She gets to be around hot guys and I'm sure she will find at least one she wouldn't mind spending some fake months/years of engagement.  I think she's in like with Arie but I'm not convinced she's in love. 

36 minutes ago, Nedsdag said:

Can anyone confirm the rumor that Becca and gap-toothed Peter were seen together at the Super Bowl?

Haven't heard this but I think they'd get along.

6 hours ago, scenicbyway said:

But what does he SEE in Lauren?  She doesn't speak or smile?  What is IT?

An ex?  Strong pheromones.  Or, like I said in this week's thread, a blank slate he can project all his hopes and dreams.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Nedsdag said:

I guess we were reading different social media spots because I read the exact opposite regarding Tia and it wasn't pretty.

Oh really?! I don't do Twitter so I was only going by what I was hearing. Good. Her actions deserved consequences IMO. Where did you read this by the way?

The only way I see Becca not being the next Bachelorette after all this is if she decides to turn down the role or plays hard to get.

Up until recently though (when they chose JoJo over Caila) they always went with F3 over F2.  Supposedly because F2 wouldn't be seen as having had enough time to get over the "heartbreak" before filming started on Bachelorette. Some people were sure they would never change that rule before they went with JoJo. The producers have proven time and again that they do what they want to do so that's why I'm afraid to celebrate early. So I'm cautiously optimistic. 

Edited by yorklee2
1 minute ago, yorklee2 said:

The producers have proven time and again that they do what they want to do so that's why I won't celebrate early. So I'm cautiously optimistic. 

Exactly but what would be a better story at this point?  Tia? 

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Exactly but what would be a better story at this point?  Tia? 

Psst..she wishes. Yes I know your right and I agree. I actually don't think they will go with anybody else but there's that small part of me that doesn't completely trust these producers. Not trying to be negative just will feel better when it's announced.

Edited by yorklee2
58 minutes ago, yorklee2 said:

Oh really?! I don't do Twitter so I was only going by what I was hearing. Good. Her actions deserved consequences IMO. Where did you read this by the way?

Twitter and Facebook.

4 hours ago, dbell1 said:

Best part of the news is that Tia won't get The Bachelorette spot!! 

Agreed. Tia and Raven were two of the least genuine contestants ever, in my opinion. They whipped out I love yous for guys they had nothing in common with. I fully believe they'd have used the same game plan for Peter and Luke.

It's all about air time and a crack at being the bachelorette. I wish them all the money in the world shilling hair gummies, but please stay off my TV screen.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, yorklee2 said:

Up until recently though (when they chose JoJo over Caila) they always went with F3 over F2.  Supposedly because F2 wouldn't be seen as having had enough time to get over the "heartbreak" before filming started on Bachelorette. Some people were sure they would never change that rule when they went with JoJo.

I think in this case, most of the viewers would happily want to see Becca as the lead as they'd probably see it as an "in your face" to Arie. I don't think anyone would care about her "not having enough time to get over the heartbreak" bullshit with the shit Arie pulled. And I'm sure the producers are well aware of that. As I recall, there was a huge swell of support for Melissa to be the Bachelorette after the Jason switcheroo situation. And the only reason she didn't do it is because she was already back with her ex Ty, who she ended up marrying and who is also the reason I never bought Melissa had any more deep feelings for Jason as he did her. But that's a whole other story. 

As for the Peter and Becca thing, I read this somewhere last week and all I could think is hasn't the poor woman suffered enough? By Becca's own words, the ex that showed up in Peru was essentially 7 years of jerking her around in that relationship (but shows up to win her back conveniently when there's a camera present and he gets a free trip to Peru) and then there's this latest shit fest with Arie. And yet some want to push the idea of her and another emotionally unavailable and manipulative guy. Joy. I'm also tired of Lauren Zima (Peter fangirl numero uno) and the others trying to push damn near every popular woman from this season into saying that they wouldn't mind dating Peter For awhile it was never ending with poor Sienne who eventually had to just let it known that she ain't interested. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

As to why she'd put herself through this?  To get over the suck of the previous experience.  She gets to be around hot guys and I'm sure she will find at least one she wouldn't mind spending some fake months/years of engagement.  I think she's in like with Arie but I'm not convinced she's in love. 

Haven't heard this but I think they'd get along.

An ex?  Strong pheromones.  Or, like I said in this week's thread, a blank slate he can project all his hopes and dreams.

I think Becca will get Caila'd that could not be chosen as the official announcement is underway for next week's ATFR.

• Love 1

Show was really pushing both Tia and Seinne in TWTA, filmed after the Becca breakup went down. I will be very very surprised if Becca is the next Bachelorette—perhaps the one after that. I could definitely see Tia being cast only because she is so different from Rachel, the last B’ette, and I don’t think most people think Tia is a bad person or harmed Baby Bekah in any way. Personally I would enjoy Kendall—she’s a possibility too—but I’d bet on Tia.

Edited by MakeMeLaugh

I agree that the Tell All show seemed to be pushing both Raven Tia and Sienne, but I assume the producers think we will want Becca after seeing the heart-wrenching breakup.   I can't wait!     

Edited by hyacinth
  • Love 1

Wonder if Sean will unfriend his best bud after this debacle is shown?

And I feel sorry for Jason and Molly having to be there.  I didn't like Jason for letting TPTB film him telling Melissa on camera that it was over and he was interested in trying with Molly... Melissa was over him too (she was recovering from her Stockholm Syndrome by then), and they should have been allowed to make a joint announcement, rather than making it look to the world like she'd been dumped.  Of course, she got her own back when DWTS had someone drop out only days later and they needed a replacement ASAP as the first show was on Monday and Melissa had that cheerleader background...

And as said up above, Jason and Molly took their time.  She wouldn't even move to his city for months, not until she was sure they had a future.  They really grew on me with their mature approach, especially with Jason having a son.

No such hope Ari and Lauren will be that mature about things.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, yorklee2 said:

As to why [Becca] would put herself through it again I've always wondered why any of these people would. Some I'm sure do it for fame but I think others may still think they can find love this way. As the saying goes "hope springs eternal".

Based on how her personality is portrayed on the show, she might say, "Heck, why not?" If offered, she may refuse if it means giving up her job. Most employers wouldn't like someone having two multi-week leaves that close together, but since she works for a public relations company, she might actually bring in business if she continues to look good on TV.

• Love 3

Thinking back on all the Bachelorettes, I can only think of TWO who managed to still "look good" on TV. The rest either looked thirst, insecure, pathetic, or whorish. I don't like the odds of Becca "Looking good" On TV.

• Love 2

Lauren is in for a treat. The fact that you're willing to be with someone who sees nothing wrong with proposing to someone else (and dumping u in the meantime).. followed by a couple weeks later, that guy calling a tv network to film himself dumping that person and then calling you to see if you want to give it another try.. then proposing to u a couple of weeks after he proposed to another person..... she deserves what she's gonna get.. and Ari can kiss his good boy image goodbye.

I noticed how when Becca asked Ari what their future looks like in terms of moving in together, he looked like he had seen a ghost. He was all " well you can come out to Arizona to see me"... so you propose to someone but don't want them living with/near you?

At the beginning of Ari's season, his ex girlfriend was tweeting " this show is perfect for Ari, except for when it comes time to picking just one"... she hit the nail on the head. I hope they bring her out at the finale.

• Love 12

Okay... People Magazine has a story where Arie says he knows he is going to get backlash for what he did, but he said it was all worth it.  People declined to spoil what happened.

US Magazine, on the other hand, has this up on their website:  https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/bachelor-arie-luyendyk-jr-called-off-engagement-to-date-his-runner-up/

ETA:  

"For roughly two months. After spending alone time in South America, they met up stateside a few times, says the insider. But as the series’ January 1 premiere crept closer, Luyendyk started to doubt his happy ending. “He had second thoughts,” explains the show insider. “He realized who he really wanted to be with and really loved. He just couldn’t stop thinking about the other woman.”

Those apprehensions became all-consuming. By early January, Luyendyk — dubbed “the kissing bandit” after his 2012 stint on The Bachelorette — once again met up with his winner. But this time it was to end their short-lived union. “Arie didn’t handle the situation well,” notes the insider. “He wasn’t sympathetic or even very nice.” His callous behavior floored his onetime fiancée: “She was in shock.”

As was the other woman. Post-split, he flew to the runner-up’s hometown to explain himself — with ABC’s cameras in tow. “He begged her to take him back,” reveals the show insider. “And she did.”

Now in a relationship with his runner-up, the real estate agent is taking things slowly. Reveals another insider,“They don’t want to jump into anything.”

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

“Arie didn’t handle the situation well,” notes the insider. “He wasn’t sympathetic or even very nice.” His callous behavior floored his onetime fiancée: “She was in shock.”

Wish I could say I'm surprised, but given what I've seen of him this season, I'm not. He's a manchild.

7 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Now in a relationship with his runner-up, the real estate agent is taking things slowly. Reveals another insider,“They don’t want to jump into anything.”

But isn't she already moving in with him? Or at least to wherever it is he lives.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, dleighg said:

I thought he checked in with Lauren before dumping Becca to make sure his backup plan was in place?

3 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

They don't want to jump  into anything?  

Aren't they engaged?

US Magazine may not have all the info if some of this just happened in the last few days/week.

2 hours ago, hnygrl said:

Thinking back on all the Bachelorettes, I can only think of TWO who managed to still "look good" on TV. The rest either looked thirst, insecure, pathetic, or whorish. I don't like the odds of Becca "Looking good" On TV.

I can only think of one.  

I didn’t watch some seasons because I already didn’t like the bette 

5 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

They don't want to jump  into anything?  

Aren't they engaged?

Just another instance of him saying one thing and doing another

3 hours ago, hnygrl said:

I'm curious, which two? ;)

• Love 1

Seems like the US Magazine reporter failed to check in with Reality Steve before they sent their story out. RS seems as if he's been mining several sources on this story for weeks, whereas US Mag seems to have jumped on the story fairly recently and may be using only one source, especially if they don't have the "Arie and Lauren are engaged" angle in their story.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

If all this really did happen and I were in her position , I'd make sure to be the hottest , most fun , best dressed bachelorette and go find me a guy much hotter and much more sincere than arie .. that guy gives me the heebie jeebies

Well, that shouldn't be too difficult!!! ?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

I'm curious, which two? ;)

Trista (the one who started it all) and Emily (who made the show come to HER, and said oh hell no to fantasy suites. She was a fricken BOSS).

• Love 8
19 hours ago, huahaha said:

Agreed. Tia and Raven were two of the least genuine contestants ever, in my opinion. They whipped out I love yous for guys they had nothing in common with. I fully believe they'd have used the same game plan for Peter and Luke.

It's all about air time and a crack at being the bachelorette. I wish them all the money in the world shilling hair gummies, but please stay off my TV screen.

7 hours ago, hyacinth said:

I agree that the Tell All show seemed to be pushing both Raven Tia and Sienne, but I assume the producers think we will want Becca after seeing the heart-wrenching breakup.   I can't wait!     

I can see for people who didn't like Raven where they would think being friends from Arkansas that her and Tia are very alike. But I see major differences and I am not alone as I see many people on social media who dislike Tia but liked Raven. As far as Raven not having anything in common with Nick I don't see that Vanessa had anymore in common with him other than maybe a stronger connection. And unlike Tia I don't think Raven went into it to win at all costs. I think Tia saw how well Raven did in the process and thought she could too. And she still might that remains to be seen.

I don't have Instagram/Twitter so I don't know how much or if at all Raven shills products but from what I have most recently seen in the media she and Adam are doing really well and seem to lay pretty low and concentrate on building their relationship. 

As others have said I'm not so sure being the lead is such a coveted prize as it seems they always end up disliked more than not. BIP has a just as good as if not better chance of a lasting relationship coming out of it IMO. So maybe it would be better if Becca didn't get the spot. Although I still (probably in vain) hope to see a good season with a likeable lead have a good result. So I hope like others that Arie's treatment of Becca will earn her the spot. Tia with her decisions and actions doesn't deserve it IMO but we'll see what happens.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, hnygrl said:

Trista (the one who started it all) and Emily (who made the show come to HER, and said oh hell no to fantasy suites. She was a fricken BOSS).

Emily did go on all the fantasy suites dates, including when she was on Brad's 2.0 season. She made a big show beforehand how she was a mother so nothing untoward would be going on after the cameras left, but she went anyway.

• Love 8

Show was really pushing both Tia and Seinne in TWTA, filmed after the Becca breakup went down.

I wouldn't read too much into this as I think the show likes to cover all the bases and make sure they have backup options in case something goes wrong. If they offered it to Becca she could very well turn in down. Same goes for Kendall or Seinne. Tia in my opinion couldn't say yes fast enough.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, sistersledge said:

I’m pretty sure she sent each guy home on her season, nobody spent the night.

That’s what was shown on tv as per her contract... as per spoilers and, as said above, Sean.

• Love 3

Still my point stands.

ON TELEVISION she came out of it looking GOOD. She will for all intents and purposes be seen by others as "Saint Emily" to the huddled masses.

The rest of the bachettes got really horrible edits, and thus far, every one since has as well. Rachel included. I always end up having little respect for the lead after the season is over.

• Love 2
On 2/28/2018 at 6:39 PM, chocolatine said:

Sean is a lot of things but I don't think he's a liar.

I wouldn't give him that much credit.  For one thing, how would he know what goes down in the Fantasy Suites?  I also remember him on Celebrity Wife Swap, claiming Catherine ironed his socks which turned out to be a joke for TV.  

• Love 3
On 2/27/2018 at 12:14 PM, TheFinalRose said:

how they blindsided Becca with the cameras

Well, I bit the Spoiler bullet. Now I can safely go to the grocery store. :-)

About this convoluted ending: What if, as with Ross's "Surprise Visit," the ENTIRE SCENARIO---from On-Camera Proposal to Becca to On-Camera Rejection of Becca to On-Camera (you see the trend here) Acceptance by Lauren---WAS STAGED?? An agreement among ABC, Arie, Becca, and Lauren, for ratings, "water-cooler" discussion, and a huge boost to Becca's "Bachelorette" season?

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Well, I bit the Spoiler bullet. Now I can safely go to the grocery store. :-)

About this convoluted ending: What if, as with Ross's "Surprise Visit," the ENTIRE SCENARIO---from On-Camera Proposal to Becca to On-Camera Rejection of Becca to On-Camera (you see the trend here) Acceptance by Lauren---WAS STAGED?? An agreement among ABC, Arie, Becca, and Lauren, for ratings, "water-cooler" discussion, and a huge boost to Becca's "Bachelorette" season?

Yes, I have wondered about that as well.  

So much of what we see is scripted.  Right from the start,  the "clever" intros and costumes when they get out of the limo, the whole show is arranged to some extent by the producers.  So of COURSE they would come up with something to break the monotony.  They can't have yet another season of the Bach choosing between two women, one gets a ring, the other cries in the limo.   They needed a story line that would compel people to watch.  They're even leaking it out to tabloids and TV shows.  

• Love 2

@LennieBriscoe and @backformore, I've also wondered that.  But then I have to wonder if Becca is that fame hungry that she would be willing to be fake-humiliated so publicly (keeping in mind that we're supposed to believe it's real).  But then again, even going on this show is ultimately humiliating in one way or another, so, besides the participants themselves, who knows?

10 hours ago, backformore said:

So of COURSE they would come up with something to break the monotony.  They can't have yet another season of the Bach choosing between two women, one gets a ring, the other cries in the limo.   They needed a story line that would compel people to watch.  They're even leaking it out to tabloids and TV shows.  

But would they do a retread of the Mesnick? I mean, this has been done already. *yawn* Though I would laugh my ass off if, at the end of the worlds longest five hours of television, they all turned to the camera and said "You've been punked!" Bachelor has been cancelled and Chris Harrison is now hosting a new show called "The Long Con" it's a season long version of Punked.

I have to say, I was excited to see the fallout of all of this until I found out there's going to be 5 hours. Which means about an hour of the show, 3 hours of people sitting in a studio shouting over each other because they all have soo much opinion about everything and 2 hours of bringing out celeb guests and former Bach Cult..um, family members to weigh in on how shocking it all is. Pass.

• Love 3
(edited)

YMMV but while we all know how manipulative the producers are, I've never heard of the producers and the cast full on staging an entire situation. I guess anything is possible and there's a first time for everything but I don't buy it. I know Kaitlyn tried to suggest some months after her season that the sex with Nick never happened and that was all the producers' idea but no one bought that because Kaitlyn has changed her story about a million times, regarding what really happened between her Nick, starting from before he even showed up on her season. 

I can definitely believe the producers manipulated all involved. For example, I can buy Reality Steve's statement that they led Becca to believe the cameras at what she thought was a normal SHV, were purely to film a sort of real-time update of her and Arie's relationship. But I don't buy that all three and the producers came up with this massive ruse. I'm sure some thought the same when it happened with Jason/Molly/Melissa and that wasn't the case. I can buy Becca using the situation to secure herself a sweet deal as the next Bachelorette and the show playing things up to establish her season because that's what the producers do. By the end of one season, they're already done with the lead and are looking towards the next season. 

But yeah, call me naive, I don't think the entire situation was planned and staged. I think Arie is just an insensitive tool who decided he wanted the other woman instead of the one he chose and dumped the one he chose, when the other one told him she'd take him back. 

I have to say, I was excited to see the fallout of all of this until I found out there's going to be 5 hours. Which means about an hour of the show, 3 hours of people sitting in a studio shouting over each other because they all have soo much opinion about everything and 2 hours of bringing out celeb guests and former Bach Cult..um, family members to weigh in on how shocking it all is. Pass.

I think the episode itself will be the usual two hours and I am assuming it will end on the proposal to Becca as most finales do. But then it seems there will be footage of Arie dumping Becca on what she thought was a safe-house visit, then going to Lauren and asking her to take him back, etc. So those two things already will likely be drawn out for maximum effect, so that alone will take up the usual one hour ATFR. 

And then we're going to have the Chris Harrison interrogating Arie about his actions, which will take a few minutes, then Becca has to come out and you know that will take another how many minutes, then there will be the update of him and Lauren. And if RS's rumor is right that he and Lauren have gone and gotten engaged this past weekend and it was filmed, that's another thing that will take another how many minutes. 

And yes, they're trotting out Jason and Molly and there will likely be more Bachelor Nation people in the audience to weigh in. Yeah I can see why they're giving this an additional 2 hours. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 4
(edited)

As much as Arie has been defending himself on Twitter over much less I find it hard to believe he would agree to such a ruse that would make him look like a complete asshole. He may be dim but he's not that dim. Plus the more people you have in on a secret the harder it is to keep it. Even if the show pulled it off it looks like they would have to worry that when these peoples contract expires they might leak it out. Heck they can't keep RS from leaking spoilers as is. All it would take is one person even inadvertently letting something slip. The show would take a big hit if that were to happen. So as much as I don't trust them I don't think they would risk trying to pull that off.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 1

The only thing I hope is a ruse is the tapped confrontation with Becca. I hope he had the decency to tell her off camera but the show then made them reenact it for the camera because, clearly something this huge has to be shown on TV. So they promise Becca the Bachelorette gig if she pretends to be getting broken up with on camera. God I hope so. Otherwise he is truly the worst bachelor ever, including Chris "I killed a man and expect to get away with it" Soules.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, TomGirl said:

It’s  the King of URL.  Or at least the Duke,

I thought, "Oh, is this what the youths are doing now?  Ranking things and assigning relative titles?"  Then about 5 hours later I got it. 

One thing about that URL--I've been known to try to cobble together a URL to get around a paywall or the like, and have occasionally been successful, but this one would definitely have been a challenge.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

The only thing I hope is a ruse is the tapped confrontation with Becca. I hope he had the decency to tell her off camera but the show then made them reenact it for the camera because, clearly something this huge has to be shown on TV. So they promise Becca the Bachelorette gig if she pretends to be getting broken up with on camera. God I hope so. Otherwise he is truly the worst bachelor ever, including Chris "I killed a man and expect to get away with it" Soules.

If you are referring only to the time Chris was the bachelor than I agree otherwise no. I don't think drunkenly killing someone even deserves a comparison. 

I agree that the scenario above would be plausible and better understood. I can see Arie agreeing to that if he must have Lauren. I don't see him agreeing to the big conspiracy suggested upthread before hand simply because going in he wouldn't have had any connection to Lauren yet. And if his Twitter is any indication he wouldn't want to come out looking like a total jerk. Unless maybe he was offered big money. As they say, "money talks". Still can't see the show wanting to take that risk though.

• Love 2