Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E09: Playing Family Picnic

amandabanana
  • Start Topic

OMG. David sure showed his true colors tonight. Scary. 

Kail seriously needs to stop wearing leggings, tights, whatever she had on in the scene where Lincoln rode his bicycle.  You could see the hail damage in her butt cheek!

• Love 21
1 minute ago, poeticlicensed said:

Because Javi gets health insurance and his mom watches Lincoln, kail shouldn't have to pay child support? Not the way it works, bitch. And in the previews it looks like Jo is planning on taking her to court also. Double teamed!

I really wish that barb could articulate a cogent argument . Maybe she should start emailing Janelle. The phone calls always end up up in a screaming match and barb loses focus. David swinging that machete looking thing around was super scary . And who the fuck does he think he is that he can dictate terms and conditions for Nathan's parents seeing Kaiser? And what's wrong with the skin on his hands and arms? It looks meth-y 

David has vitilligo.

• Love 10

Probably my favorite episode title "playing family picnic " was what Janelle was doing "David is going to be there taking pictures of us having a picnic!" Um.. okay. Look I know people take pictures and all that on holidays but sometimes you don't always need to have a picture. But I guess the whole Instagram followers and Janelle is now on this kick when everything needs to be documented so she can had proof of things to show the court "look I'm a great mom! We had a picnic on Mother's Day!" And videotaping her calls with Barb now.

Didnt watch any of Brianna until her last two seconds why was se so grumpy at her shower? 

Leah and Ali break my heart and I can't seem to remove the situation from my projection based on my own life. So it's a lot.

chelsea kind of boring.

Kail.. ugh.

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, Linny said:

How fucking creepy was that aerial shot of Jenelle's house showing just how isolated they are? They're so removed, and David's outside ranting while swinging around tools, telling Jenelle to go in the house and stop pushing his buttons. I'm telling y'all, some day this dude's gonna snap and Jenelle will wish her only problem was planning Mother's Day. Barb has Jenelle's number: playing family picnic for pictures to be posted on social media is all Jenelle knows how to do. She certainly doesn't understand how to be a caring mother, because her snotty dismissal of Jace's feelings concerning David was so insensitive. Great message to give a kid, that his feelings don't matter and you don't care enough to investigate what's causing those emotions. Just have him pose for a picture long enough to pretend everything's fine before you resume cussing out Barb. God, I hate Jenelle so much, and I especially hate watching her say and do terrible things with baby Ensley right beside her. It's an awful juxtaposition of wicked and innocent, and it hurts to know that soon this poor baby is going to be aware of the sea of dysfunction she's been thrust into. The whole situation is scary and sad for everyone involved, and it's beginning to make me uncomfortable watching it play out every week. 

I couldn't agree more! It's really creepy. David is a loose cannon and I feel like David and Jenelle are abusive to the kids and now they live so far away no one would be able to monitor what is happening. It's scary and sad for the kids, no doubt. I don't understand how child protective services hasn't investigated this situation already.

• Love 12

I'm watching, therefore illegally posting, but I swear I heard (and rewound) Brianna say "Melissa isn't even doing anything for this baby shower", and I thought to myself that her story would be waayyy more interesting if there was a "Melissa" involved. Luis is just an ugly lump of shit with a 70's bush growing out of his face.

Babes...thanks babes, for listening to me babes. Babes, I love you all babes.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Babes...thanks babes, for listening to me babes. Babes, I love you all babes.

Oh God, I hate this so much.  Between that and the constant "mi amor" on my other guilty pleasure, 90 Day Fiance, I'm burned out on pretty much all cutesy-pie terms of endearment.  /rage vomit

• Love 16

Jenelle you are a pos and a horrible mother and human. If she's so bored sitting there too then go help or go hang out with the 2 kids that are with you. David is crazy and I'm sure if he wasn't being filmed he would've been freaking more. There land is ugly and creepy.

Brianna ff.

Leah and Ali was the only kind of interesting part. Glad it's not her heart or lungs in trouble. Poor little girl.

• Love 12

David scares the ever loving shit out of me. Even during the rare times Jenelle is rational and reasonable, he's still a total psycho. I notice any time she mentions making an effort for Nathan to see Kaiser, he immediately shuts it down. He is the textbook definition of a controlling abuser and I fear for their safety.

Ali is breaking my heart. She's starting to look so discouraged. Dr. Tsao is so kind and sensitive, but he seemed sad when he told Ali she was a smart girl. It's making me wonder if things are about to go downhill fast. 

Briana is so boring but Brittney was kind of funny with the way she was trolling their grandmother about Luis.

I think hell has frozen over because I liked Chelsea's makeup in that scene with Lois and the sister. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 16
7 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

David scares the ever loving shit out of me. Even during the rare times Jenelle is rational and reasonable, he's still a total psycho. I notice any time she mentions making an effort for Nathan to see Kaiser, he immediately shuts it down. He is the textbook definition of a controlling abuser and I fear for their safety.

Are we even watching the same show? He calls her "babe", says things in a higher pitched voice sometimes, and moves foliage around "The Land". He's a dream. 

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, Booted said:

Im sorry but I have not liked Chelsea at all this whole season - she is very obnoxious and entitled acting - not a good look make up or no make up. 

Chelsea is very spoiled and it's showing pretty badly this year. Randy always caved to her, Cole is a yes-man and Mary is clueless, so she's not used to being disagreed with. The only one who didn't kiss her ass was Adam. For the record, I thought Angie was right.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

There's a lot to unpack this episode, but one thing stood out so glaringly I had to run over and share: 

Briana: "when you have a second baby daddy it's supposed to be an upgrade from your first baby daddy" !!! WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?? Is that a thing? She said it with a straight face and utter conviction. Dear sweet tap dancing Jesus I'll retire to Bedlam. 

I am officially over the hill because I didn't realize there's a pecking order to baby daddies. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 18

Why was 'right now' the only time David can work on the yard?  Seems to me he has nothing BUT time.

It's Chelsea's reception so she can do what she wants, but I was is Rapid City, SD on October 4, 2013 and there was a straight-up blizzard.  Nearly 3 feet of snow, everything shut down, even Walmart.  Something like 75,000 head of cattle were killed in it.  Craziest thing I've seen.  Days before it was 75 degrees.  We were wearing tank-tops.  And the day after it was in the upper 60's/lower 70's and people were out in shorts & short sleeves digging out.  October is wayyyy to unpredictable for an expensive tent party.  Heads, it's beautiful-Tails, it's a nightmare. 

• Love 10

Briana:  Please shut up.

Briana's family:  Please shut up.

Janelle:  If you truly cared about your children more than yourself then:  1.  You would have taken any time you could get with Jase on Mother's Day, even if it meant Daddy David didn't go with you;  2.  You would realize that poor little roll is starving for some love, affection and time from you and you wouldn't just give him a quick kiss after the Mother's Day present and turn all your attention back to Daddy David and 3.  You would subject your kids to being around someone as out of control as David (who looked liked an unhinged psycho character right out of a very bad Lifetime Movie when he was chopping up the yard.

Kail:   Javi is more of a parent to your own son (Isaac) than you are.   And he didn't tell you that he was filing for child support?  Um, did you tell him you were filing the restraining order?  No?  Okay. back to your life that is all about you.

Leah:  I think that she is doing a surprisingly good job with Ali, considering how Leah can be.  I am still not onboard with Mom Leah but she has bugged me way less this season so far (of course, that could be because Kail, Janelle and Briana are so horrid acting).

Chelsea:   You do make cute kids.  Watson and Aubrey are darling.

Edited by penbrat
  • Love 21
7 minutes ago, eskimo said:

Why was 'right now' the only time David can work on the yard?  Seems to me he has nothing BUT time.

It's Chelsea's reception so she can do what she wants, but I was is Rapid City, SD on October 4, 2013 and there was a straight-up blizzard.  Nearly 3 feet of snow, everything shut down, even Walmart.  Something like 75,000 head of cattle were killed in it.  Craziest thing I've seen.  Days before it was 75 degrees.  We were wearing tank-tops.  And the day after it was in the upper 60's/lower 70's and people were out in shorts & short sleeves digging out.  October is wayyyy to unpredictable for an expensive tent party.  Heads, it's beautiful-Tails, it's a nightmare. 

Not defending him or anything but UBT had loads of sod that would dry out if it didn't get unrolled and laid down so that's probably why he had to keep on working. He should've just used Jenelle's money and called a landscape company but I guess he wanted to be Mr. Macho and do it all himself.

You're right about the weather. Hopefully Chelsea has a Plan B in place like a smart bride should.

I'm so sick of Leah's hypocrisy. Sometimes I wish I could just write an anonymous letter to Dr. Tsao and tell him the willchair isn't used enough, they've got her running the bases in T-ball and they believe prayer will cure her. 

• Love 14
9 hours ago, Linny said:

How fucking creepy was that aerial shot of Jenelle's house showing just how isolated they are? They're so removed, and David's outside ranting while swinging around tools, telling Jenelle to go in the house and stop pushing his buttons. I'm telling y'all, some day this dude's gonna snap and Jenelle will wish her only problem was planning Mother's Day.  

That scene gave me the willies. Seriously. 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, ElderPrice said:

Dr Tsao looked so sad and wistful for a moment when he said "she's a cute little girl, and a smart girl." It's like he sees what's ahead for that poor child. Heartbreaking. 

And if Jenelle wants to go to the park with the kids, why can't she go to the park with the kids? Put them in the car and go and let that scary maniac flailing around with lawn tools wear himself out. Is she forbidden to leave his sight? LOVED Barb's "playing family picnic" remark. She hit a nerve and sent Jenelle over the edge. 

Reading this post it just occurred to me: doesn't this show owe it to that kid to stop filming BEFORE all of the really bad shit starts happening? Do you as fans (I'm no longer watching because it's just too fucking depressing) feel like they owe it to you? I do (okay so I'm a fan as far as it comes to this board!). This show is on the guilty pleasure rung of the television landscape. Filming while that poor little girl's body really begins to betray her, the fallout that surrounds it, that's no longer entertainment. It's invasive. I wish they'd have stopped filming already, who knows if the lack of camera presence would have stopped them from this "Pluck and determination will cure her!" path they seem to be on. Maybe it wouldn't have, but come on, don't you think Leah got pretty used to the adoration and encouragement from the twittersphere bubble world they live in? Anyway, I hope like hell at some point they are going to come to an end point before shit really gets dark, which it will, sadly. But you can't cut from Kailyn bitching about her baby daddy while sipping a latte and texting from her leased luxury car to "We have to have Ali intubated because she's having trouble breathing." 

And MTV owes them a lifetime of assistance if they have any decency. 

• Love 11
59 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Jenelle's segments were once again terrible.  She was acting like you get a whole weekend for Mother's Day. It's just one DAY, honey. Especially for someone who isn't a real parent. Whining about everyone being with their mom on mother's day except her kid was real rich. Jace IS with his mother. You know, the woman you GAVE him to, because you couldn't be fussed to stop clubbing and take care of your own kid. Barb is the only mother he's ever known. And, ya know, maybe YOU might want to pay some attention to YOUR mother on Mother's Day. Notice she never included Barb in anything. 

And David was super scary too. I get why he gets angry with her. She sits around on her phone and watches him bust his ass, then whines about not having fun like a 5 year old. She never tries to help him.  He's supposed to do everything at their new house AND entertain her too. But damn, when he reaches his boiling point, it is TRULY frightening. The way he was whacking that tool around, I could see him killing Jenelle in the same manner. Yikes. 

It's interesting that Jace finally seems to be drawing a line. He seems done with David. He doesn't want to go over there, he doesn't want to go to the park if David is there. Barbara is trying to be the middle man, and advocate for him. And Jenelle just dismisses it. "Jace is going to have to be civil and get used to it because David is here forever". I wanted to PUNCH her when she said that. First, it's laughable that David and Jenelle are going to be together more than another year or so. Second, what kind of nasty bitch puts their 3rd baby daddy above their own son like that??? You don't tell an 8-year-old to be civil. You show some concern that he's that apprehensive to be around your man. You wonder, what the hell has that dude done that has my son so anxious about it? 

But, no, not Jenelle. She's a selfish bitch who doesn't care about anyone but herself. I hope when all her kids grow up they run far away from her and never speak to her again. 

Word!

Maybe if the bitch got along with her mother and went to go see her mother, she could have been seeing Jace. Hey bitch, it's Mother's Day, go see your mom and you will get to see Jace. Why didn't she arrange to take her mom out to dinner or something for all the shit she's done and put up with over the years. But NOOOOOOOOO it's all about Menelle.

And about Jace not wanting to go around David. That says a lot. This isn't something that Barb put into his head, he is old enough to be scared of this dude and rightfully so. Hate to tell Menelle but when the judge asks Jace in a couple years where he wants to live, he will say Barb. She isn't shacked up with some shit bag abuser and Barb gives him stability and he seems happy there riding his bike, playing tricks on Barb, hanging with his cousins and boy scouts. What does he have at Menelle's, an angry about to be stepdad, some kids that aren't related to him, a mom who is too busy on her phone and out in the middle of nowhere. FUN, not.

• Love 21
3 minutes ago, fountain said:

I felt really bad for Jace when Barb told Jenelle about him not wanting David there.  To me that is a secret your kid shares with you and as the caregiver and adult need to take the information and then use it to say "I am not comfortable with Jace around David". Now Jace will be worrying about what David will be like the next time he sees him.  Poor kid like he doesn't have enough worries.

And that's why Jace is in therapy. Jenelle, her endless parade of psycho boyfriends and all her dramas are going to screw up all her kids for years. Kaiser will be next.

• Love 13

Briana (and her whole coven) are nauseating.  She straight up said she was having the baby shower to get stuff she needed.  Etiquette rules are changing, but throwing yourself a baby shower is the epitome of tacky!  The coven rented a house to throw it in.  In the Disney World area vacation rentals are everywhere but they aren't free so there was that expense.  Then all the food and stupid decorations.  (Two of the coven were arguing over how to properly spray paint a big wooden S.)  Here is an idea!  Instead of blowing money on a tacky party, use that money to buy the baby gear you need!

Lying to everyone about her and Luis being together was just the icing on the cake.  Like people won't figure it out!  Crying and boo-hoo'ing over the guy not helping with the baby shower was so over the top.  

David was seriously creepy yelling and cussing while he chopped up the yard with that swing blade!  Why does Jenelle sit on her ass pissing and moaning about how bored she is when she could be helping?  Oh, yeah, I know why!  Because she is c-r-a-z-y!   Even the two of them can't (if Jenelle wasn't lazier than a sloth) work fast enough to lay sod before it dries out.   It is easy to put together your own crew of people needing some work and pay them straight cash for the one time task.  Considering how expensive sod is it would be a reasonable investment to hire people.  

Good for Barb and Jace to stand up for themselves against that creep.  Barb straight up said something about she had enough of David filming her with his phone (as he was sitting there filming Jenelle talking to her).

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Miss Chevious said:

Not defending him or anything but UBT had loads of sod that would dry out if it didn't get unrolled and laid down so that's probably why he had to keep on working. He should've just used Jenelle's money and called a landscape company but I guess he wanted to be Mr. Macho and do it all himself.

Or he could have prepped the ground before having the sod delivered.  But that would require forethought.  Lol 

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

I totally agree.  Not only that, but she then tried to put Jace on the phone to talk about it, with David right there on speakerphone!  I'm Team Barb, but nothing about that was handled properly.  Poor Jace.

Re: Javi - yea for going after child support.  I love how he said there's a simple formula - you just plug in your salary.  How much does Kail get from MTV?  It's over a hundred thousand, right?  Go get it, Javi!  You too, Jo.  (Has he ever tried?)

More like 300,000 per  season  plus 20,000 grand bonus for every new baby. Javi probably making half of that and that is even with his salary from the AF included.

• Love 2

Barb might not have known David was sitting two feet away but I guess she should have, since when is he not? Even if David hasn't done anything else to scare Jace, that last shit show with the phone and the parking lot should be enough. Outbursts like that must be really frightening for kids.  

• Love 12
7 hours ago, fountain said:

I felt really bad for Jace when Barb told Jenelle about him not wanting David there.  To me that is a secret your kid shares with you and as the caregiver and adult need to take the information and then use it to say "I am not comfortable with Jace around David". Now Jace will be worrying about what David will be like the next time he sees him.  Poor kid like he doesn't have enough worries.

I can just imagine the next time David gets Jace alone... he grabs a fistful of Jace's shirt, pulls him in face-to-face, and in a quiet but extremely threatening tone- speaking through his clenched teeth- tells him to never make him look bad on TV again.  Or else. 

Edited by eskimo
  • Love 24
7 hours ago, Booted said:

Im sorry but I have not liked Chelsea at all this whole season - she is very obnoxious and entitled acting - not a good look make up or no make up. 

That makeup makes me want to wash my face.  It looks like it is caked on so thick you can feel it.

Also please step away from the eyebrow stencils!

2 hours ago, Miss Chevious said:

Someone on twitter (or here?) said that he is a landscaper and pointed out that the sod looked dead already and the topsoil UBT was pushing around looked like it was crap.  

What WAS UBT doing anyway, it looked like he was just pushing the dry dirt about??

And I was really uncomfortable when he was swinging that sickle around!

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I feel like I say the same shit with Leah every week. I am loathe to judge her, because I cannot imagine having a child with limits like Ali has, but who is also very strong willed. Ali WANTS to walk. Knowing how hard her life is going to be, how it might be a short life, I might be temped to just let her do what she wants. Give her some control in her life. Make her happy. But, at the same time, seeing her fall like that just kills me. And then I think, as the the mother, you should just tell her she HAS to use her chair. Don't make it optional. I don't know. It's hard. 

Another week, another hour of Briana and co bashing Luis for pretty much nothing. "Can you believe Luis isn't helping me with the baby shower???" Um, yea. I don't know ANY men who have helped put together a baby shower. In fact, Briana was being a super diva about it to EVERYONE. Maybe people aren't that thrilled to "shower" you with gifts and attention when this is your second "oopsy" baby. 

Jenelle's segments were once again terrible.  She was acting like you get a whole weekend for Mother's Day. It's just one DAY, honey. Especially for someone who isn't a real parent. Whining about everyone being with their mom on mother's day except her kid was real rich. Jace IS with his mother. You know, the woman you GAVE him to, because you couldn't be fussed to stop clubbing and take care of your own kid. Barb is the only mother he's ever known. And, ya know, maybe YOU might want to pay some attention to YOUR mother on Mother's Day. Notice she never included Barb in anything. 

I know this is not the same thing at all, but it reminds me of my grandma - she is a smoker.  Her doctors tell her that if she keeps smoking she will die soon.  My grandma loves to smoke, it makes her happy.  She would rather smoke and not live as long than not smoke.  It reminds me of that line from Steel Magnolias: "I would rather have thirty minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special."

As for Luis, yeah men don't help with baby showers.  That was ridiculous, do they think he should be spray painting letters??

Not only did she not include Barb, she didn't even wish her a happy mother's day on the phone!  

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 6

Just watched it. David's anger goes from 0--->60 pretty quickly and Janelle seems to throw gas on that fire. It was a little freaky to see him with that large blade thing and then throw the shovel in anger into the woods.

It was nice to see David interacting with Kaiser. It was scary to see Janelle and David talk through the plan after deciding they wanted to keep Kaiser that weekend. Can she just decide that at the last minute? Additionally, Barb really should have not revealed that information to Janelle the way she did.  They must have filmed Jace saying that. A nice edit would have been either a flashback to Jace saying it to Barb, or showing that beforehand and not the lame, do you have a girlfriend clip. I'm definitely team Barb, but Janelle isn't going to hear anything bad about David at this point, she just wants the "happy family" thing.

Mother's day for us is taking the grandmothers and me out to lunch, and a card. It's not a trip to Disney land or a weekend of manufactured fun. I still get to clean the house that weekend... Honestly, I'm happy if I can get a few minutes of me time. 

I agree with Uncle Juice that there is going to be a time where it gets pretty real with Allie. Leah should make it clear when they should stop filming her to preserve her dignity.

• Love 4

When Barb told Janelle that Jace didn't want to see David, wasn't Janelle's reaction that Jace needs to get over it. Way to go Janelle, mother of the year. I am waiting for the inevitable Janelle/UBT break up. Janelle will run to Barb and bash UBT. She did exactly that with Nathan. I also find it interesting that both Nathan and UBT both had terrible relationships with Barb. It's like Janelle encourages her current guys to hate Barb and fight with them. It's sick. 

• Love 18
1 hour ago, fountain said:

I felt really bad for Jace when Barb told Jenelle about him not wanting David there.  To me that is a secret your kid shares with you and as the caregiver and adult need to take the information and then use it to say "I am not comfortable with Jace around David". Now Jace will be worrying about what David will be like the next time he sees him.  Poor kid like he doesn't have enough worries

This is a good point. Barb knows they're going to blame her anyway, she should have just taken the bullet for Jace. 

I'm assuming she was hoping that by letting her daughter in on this, Jenelle might show some compassion toward her own kid. But Barb should know better by now. 

• Love 13