Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E06: The Sip-N-See Stand Off

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, bravofan27 said:

Yeah, I spend so much money putting my kids on their back at night. I'm like, broke now. 

Not broke but broken by medical advice? Babies who are healthy have been surviving for centuries sleeping positions aside.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, mbaywife123 said:

Not broke but broken by medical advice? Babies who are healthy have been surviving for centuries sleeping positions aside.

How do they make a buck? And do you have any clue what the infant mortality rate used to be? Yeah, a lot of babies survived, but a lot didn't. Babies who sleep on their backs are at less of a risk of SIDS. It's just a fact. No one makes money from it. 

• Love 18

Oh, Vicki.  It's hard to hurt people that don't give a shit about you.  Also, when you let Ryanette (not sure which kid it was) from the garage he said he needed to change his pants because he peed in them.  Then, Steve picked up one of them and took him out to cook.  The other one threw a fit and you picked him up to sit at the table.  Neither kid changed his pants.  Where was the gagging then?

• Love 23
4 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

How do they make a buck? And do you have any clue what the infant mortality rate used to be? Yeah, a lot of babies survived, but a lot didn't. Babies who sleep on their backs are at less of a risk of SIDS. It's just a fact. No one makes money from it. 

I guess we agree to disagree and will add nothing further except that people should do what they think is best for their babies.

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, Avon.Blakes7 said:

I know, she's the devil in disguise! The others broads are no saints! They were born here; what's they're excuses for being "them?" ;-)

None of them are saints. LOL There's no excuse for any of them, including Peggy. 

47 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

Yes, but in that culture, the men are educated and women are expected to be wives and mothers. Therefore, Peggy probably did not receive an education and was expected to be a typical Armenian wife, where the men were expected to acculturate to obtain financial security. It's very common and not surprising at all that Peggy has kept her accent. She probably spends most of her time around her family and very little time with others, unlike her husband/ men in her family who have different pressures to be successful but yet maintain a traditional wife. 

Peggy went to school, elementary/middle/high at the very least, she was raised in this country. Her family didn't keep her locked in the house until she married. LOL

• Love 22
1 hour ago, bagger said:

Have to go to bed and I haven't watched but I did flip through and vicki's face was all I saw. WHAT IN THE HELL DID SHE DO TO HER UPPER LIP?

It is so over injected that in some lighting, it casts a weird shadow upward, giving her the appearance of a mustache like an old time villain would have or that dirt is smuged around her mouth. It was particularly bad at the start of the sip & see scenes.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Oh, Vicki.  It's hard to hurt people that don't give a shit about you.  Also, when you let Ryanette (not sure which kid it was) from the garage he said he needed to change his pants because he peed

Not true. If you don't love , like,  or respect yourself first, how can you expect others to? 

1 minute ago, Lizzing said:

It is so over injected that in some lighting, it casts a weird shadow upward, giving her the appearance of a mustache like an old time villain would have or that dirt is smuged around her mouth. It was particularly bad at the start of the sip & see scenes.

I agree with you and the juxtaposition of her lips sometimes is not flattering. 

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Oh, Vicki.  It's hard to hurt people that don't give a shit about you.  Also, when you let Ryanette (not sure which kid it was) from the garage he said he needed to change his pants because he peed in them.  Then, Steve picked up one of them and took him out to cook.  The other one threw a fit and you picked him up to sit at the table.  Neither kid changed his pants.  Where was the gagging then?

IF they don't "give a $#!t," why do they invoke her name in every conversation even though Tamra said she hadn't seen her in months? Spare me that BS! lol! They care all too much; esp. Shannon who blames her for becoming a beast in the past year, in more ways than one! ;-)

Edited by Avon.Blakes7
  • Love 5

I'm 10 minutes in and Peggy just lost me.  I've been giving her the benefit of the doubt, but something about her scene with Diko just seemed so forced with the "What?  I no speaka the English" bullshit.  I officially cannot stand her.

• Love 23

I actually thought Tamara looked very pretty at the sip and see.   I will have to reconsider my issues with Tamara if she and Shannon can continue to ice out Vicki for the whole season.  Vicki is not amusing or entertaining.   

The OC is just such a monumental letdown after the great season NYC had.  I actually found the Dallas girls more entertaining tonight.

• Love 17
1 minute ago, HunterHunted said:

I really liked Meghan's cutout idea at the sip & see.

It was definitely apropos for Tamra! Her infantile mean girl act is tiring already! She's much too old to continue acting like this; now egging Shannon to behave just as petty and petulant! If blaming one woman outside of their own pathetic insecurities is still being foisted on us after 2 seasons, it says more about them than Vicki! ;-)

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I really liked Meghan's cutout idea at the sip & see.

I did too... between Archie, Aspen, and the cutout, there were three lighthearted moments that I genuinely enjoyed this evening. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Sonoma said:

No, Peggy is just dead inside.  She said it herself-- "Something is dead, it's dead."  It explains her dead monotone voice, dead glazed eyes, and dead blank stare.  

Peggy. Is. Dead.  And yet, she is still the most interesting Housewife in this hot mess of a snooze fest of a shit show.

That is pretty powerful and the perfect summary of Peggy and the show.  It's so much deeper than any of these women deserve. 

2 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

Ha!, just like peanut allergies, gluten allergies , back sleeping, side sleeping, stomach sleeping, non- vaccination, ADD, ADHD, and all the rest of the special snowflake bullshit the medical profession is trying to sell to parents now since all of this shit is nonsense. They gotta make a buck somehow.

Anaphylaxis is no joke, just sayin'. 

2 hours ago, LadyK said:

I believe Peggy was born in Kuwait to Armenian parents and moved to the U.S. when she was a year old.  She grew up in the U.S. and attended school there.  Her confusion with common expressions is disingenuous  at best.  And I say this as the Queen of Malapropisms in my family. ;)

It's like she is trying to be the Ricky Ricardo of the OC.

• Love 18

I try to remember that Peggy recently lost her mother to breast cancer and just underwent a double mastectomy. She might be depressed and that's the reason she's a bit unemotional and dimwitted. I've seen it before. A very bright and animated co-worker went through a divorce and became a different person. I don't think it's healthy for her to be on a reality show.

This show is just zzzzzzzz. It seems like the same old fights over and over. They need to either re-cast or cancel it. The highlight of the show for me was seeing that old clip of Heather Dubrow and I was far from being any fan of hers. Without her, though, all that's left are the petty and boring hags (Vicki, Shannon, Tamra), psycho Kelly and Meghan. No thanks.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

I try to remember that Peggy recently lost her mother to breast cancer and just underwent a double mastectomy. She might be depressed and that's the reason she's a bit unemotional and dimwitted. I've seen it before. A very bright and animated co-worker went through a divorce and became a different person. I don't think it's healthy for her to be on a reality show.

This show is just zzzzzzzz. It seems like the same old fights over and over. They need to either re-cast or cancel it. The highlight of the show for me was seeing that old clip of Heather Dubrow and I was far from being any fan of hers. Without her, though, all that's left are the petty and boring hags (Vicki, Shannon, Tamra), psycho Kelly and Meghan. No thanks.

Nope. Peggy's mom died 20 years ago. She died when Peggy was 21. Her father died recently.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/season-12/blogs/peggy-sulahian/peggy-sulahian-i-took-it-upon

This cast is terrible. 

• Love 12

I double-take everytime I see Lydia's kids and those wild bieber haircuts.  Not only does it scream "i'm soft and spoiled" to me but they cant't even see! The swoops are so intense, I just can't. I feel old now, bring back Luke Perry lol.

Edited by Inspectabecky
Mixing 90210 boos
  • Love 9
14 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

Ya horrible time to start a show, she seems super hopped up on painkillers. She fits the script on paper but that's it. I'm mad at her and bravo for thinking she's remotely entertaining. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Avon.Blakes7 said:

Ever thought being a traditional married Armenian wife she never got out much early on; esp. when raising her kids? I try not to assume too much with such a short window of viewing their lives! I'll give them more time to reveal themselves before assuming the worst! ;-)

She's been here since she was 1. 

• Love 7

Vicki people who truly know you that you're a vile piece of shit the only reason anyone, including your children, hang out with you is becaus3 it benefits them financially.

25 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

She's been here since she was 1. 

This cannot be said enough.

• Love 16

This show is boring as shit, the season is going nowhere what'd I just watch ?

"We're getting a barbershop." Gurl....What? Lydia and the whole Nobleman thing is outrageously stupid and vain.  "It's just like, I just, I feel like", head turn, chicken neck move arm swoop needs to STOP, Lydia. 

• Love 16

I kind of love that Tamra and Shannon have finally figured what many housewives before them could not--how to film with a bitch you can't stand. Don't say a fucking word to her. Show up at the event, have a drink, eat some food, and not say a single word. Vicki is such a toddler that this is worse than screaming at her. 

It doesn't really matter if they don't talk to her when they spend every scene talking about her.  The entire season revolves around Vicki and the everyone's thoughts about her.  

• Love 6

I do not want to hear again about Lydia''s husband''s vasectomy combined with potty training. Ugh. 

Why would someone as wooden as Peggy even dream of auditioning for this show?  She does not belong on TV. How did this come about? 

• Love 12

I did agree with Vicki on her assessment of the Sip-n-See:  "How many damn gifts do I have to buy?"  I live in the south, and up until a few months ago, had never heard of a Sip-n-See.  I heard about it from another TV show based in NYC.  I thought it was a northern thing.  If you've had the pre-birth baby shower, I think it's in bad taste to expect people to bring you more gifts after the birth.  If I were going to have a Sip-n-See (which I wouldn't), I'd specifically state "no gifts," then if somebody brought one, that's on them.   YMMV. 

• Love 16
On 8/11/2017 at 4:23 AM, biakbiak said:

Because current best practices is to have babies sleep on their back which can create a flat back of the skull that can lead to other issues. It's also what leads to babies having "tummy time," helmets on babies is fairly common.

When my daughter was born in 1999  our child's pediatrician told us to get the baby side positioner. So every 45 minutes or so,we would switch her from side to side to prevent her head from getting flat.  We only used it for the first month and a half, and it worked great.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, QQQQ said:

In the Midwest we invite people over for desserts and gossip. It's called a Fudge-N-Judge.

(Okay, I'm kidding, but it might catch on!)

Ok this comment was light years more entertaining than anything I saw on Bravo last night from 9pm to 10pm EST.  10 gold stars for YOU, QQQQ! 

9 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

Ha!, just like peanut allergies, gluten allergies , back sleeping, side sleeping, stomach sleeping, non- vaccination, ADD, ADHD, and all the rest of the special snowflake bullshit the medical profession is trying to sell to parents now since all of this shit is nonsense. They gotta make a buck somehow.

I mean, sure. And babies survives for many decades - maybe centuries - while their mothers smoked, drank large quantities of alcohol, etc. But that doesn't mean we should still do it today. Because we know better. 

• Love 16

Vicki's bragging that she can "spot a bad boy a mile away" now. But can you spot a bad GIRL? Because you are one. 

I just can't get on board with the Vicki Redemption Tour. She can call herself "classy" and act like she's ready to move on all she wants. But someone who lies about cancer will NEVER classy. And I'LL never be ready to move on. I think she is the most odious person on any Housewife show and I wish someone would cancel her ass. 

I just don't like the idea of making it seem like Tamra and Shannon are bitches who hold grudges and bring drama. I mean, they are. For other reasons. But not this. No one should have ever welcomed that bitch back in and I wouldn't even give her an ice-cold "hello" if it were me. 

(Not going to lie, the practice "hello" scene had me rolling.) 

Oh, I also laughed when they were baby shopping and Shannon was all, "I just want a traditional, conservative outfit". As opposed to all the hooker outfits for baby? 

So Kelly does the fake gagging thing too? I guess she and Vicki really are a match made in heaven. Oh, and Vicki - way to snark on another woman's weight when your very own daughter has been struggling with hers for years. 

But wow, did Shannon NEED that alcohol right after they left the party? She needs to see a therapist and learn some coping skills. STAT. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 24
5 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

She's just so flat and humorless.  The repeated telling of Meghan that she was at fault for shattering Peggy's phone, and that Meghan was obligated to replace it, was bizarre. 

What?  What that mean?  Coal - what coal?  Who Santa Claus?  What mean ears ringing?

Ha! Exactly. She doesn't know what the fuck coal is, but she damn sure knows how to tell someone to get to the Apple store and buy her another phone. 

2 hours ago, QQQQ said:

In the Midwest we invite people over for desserts and gossip. It's called a Fudge-N-Judge.

(Okay, I'm kidding, but it might catch on!)

Holy shit. I'm in the midwest and you just described my perfect night. We are making that a thing!!!

• Love 18
9 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

the rate of SIDS has drastically decreased since parents started places babies on their backs. The consequence of that that is a flat head. What do you want-- dead baby or baby a flat head so he/she wears a helmet? 

https://www.nichd.nih.gov/sts/campaign/science/Pages/backsleeping.aspx

Absolutely. When I was a baby, we didn't sleep on our backs. My mom would actually go in and "turn" us as we slept, so we'd have nice, round heads. But they didn't know then what we do know about SIDs, which is very real. Why not do what you can to prevent it? My 2nd sister couldn't be turned, because she had horrible reflux. She had to sleep in her car seat, in fact, to keep her elevated so she didn't choke on her vomit. The back of her head is entirely flat. It's not SO bad with a girl. You can hide it with hair. But with boys....

My oldest has a flat side to his head. It's not just the back. And it wasn't just from sleeping on his back. He had a stiff neck after he was born and would favor one side, always leaning his head that way. The doctor had us doing some strengthening exercises, and he got better. But by then, his head was already all sloped. Right around this time my husband was laid off in the 2008 crash and we lost insurance, went through a huge move, and it took us awhile to get back on our feet. We saw a doctor about my son's head, and she said the time to use a helmet had passed. It wouldn't do any good now. I WISH we had been able to get him a helmet. He may be embarrassed about his head when he's older. It's not SUPER noticeable, but his hair line in the front and his eyebrows are a little off because of it. 

Sorry to go on so long - but my point was, helmets aren't just some fad. Babies can have legit medical issues that require them. I don't know Aspen's medical history. She could have simple positional plagiocephaly or she could have actual craniosynostosis - where the skull fuses abnormally and restricts brain growth. And it's not like it's plastic surgery. If wearing a helmet for a few months can correct the issue, what's the big deal?

• Love 17
8 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

I actually thought Tamara looked very pretty at the sip and see.   I will have to reconsider my issues with Tamara if she and Shannon can continue to ice out Vicki for the whole season.  Vicki is not amusing or entertaining.   

The OC is just such a monumental letdown after the great season NYC had.  I actually found the Dallas girls more entertaining tonight.

I thought I might have been the only one to feel like Dallas was better than OC.  And I never in a million years would have thought I would feel that way.

Tonight's OC episode was the most boring hour of TV I've ever sat through.  

• Love 6

I just don't understand Tamra and Shannon's continued anger at Vicki.  I may be biased, because I love Crazy Vicki, but if they truly believe she perpetuated a cancer scam, how does it hurt them?  Shannon's continued embarrassing antics on this show are way more damning than anything Vicki did to her, and I won't even get into Tamra, who has been hateful and mean for seasons.  Not defending Vicki, but get over it, or get in her face and fight to entertain us.  If they think they are rising above, that ship has sailed, because everybody who is on a Real Housewives show at some level is gross.

Shannon's alcoholism was on full sad display tonight.  She was practically sweating avoiding the booze while her enemies were there.  As soon as Vicki left, she leapt over to the vodka and 'joked' about drinking the whole bottle.  But it was no joke.  Shannon, you may need inpatient rehab.  If this show is making you drink and eat, it's up to you to fix it.  The fact that you won't is almost as sad as the fact that Tamra is willing to lose her child to remain in the spotlight.

• Love 14

Only enjoyable part for me was watching Tamra on her 12 inch stiletto's tip toe on the tile down the hallway of Shannon's house trying not to fall and break a hip and Shannon sitting on her ass at the end of the hall watching her... then both of them hobbling towards the door. 

I'm kind of liking Peggy's husband. Apparently he thinks his wife is as dumb as the rest of us think she is!

45 minutes ago, DrivingSideways said:

Shannon's alcoholism was on full sad display tonight.  She was practically sweating avoiding the booze while her enemies were there.  As soon as Vicki left, she leapt over to the vodka and 'joked' about drinking the whole bottle.  But it was no joke.  Shannon, you may need inpatient rehab.  If this show is making you drink and eat, it's up to you to fix it.  The fact that you won't is almost as sad as the fact that Tamra is willing to lose her child to remain in the spotlight.

Shannon is a sad, sick woman. The minute Vicki leaves the party, she's practically jumping over the counter to get to the booze and food saying it's because Vicki stresses her out that much. STFU Shannon! You're giving Vicki much more power over you than she deserves. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 18

This season is. an. utter. drag. 

I've come to realize I ain't liking any of these chicks to varying degrees.

Yes, Vicki is terrible but I just can't at Tamra's #1 gripe about Vicki being that she came after her family.  Tamra is a lesser narcissist than Vicki but a narcissist nonetheless. This from the bitch who stayed in Slade's business about his ill son and child support payments. This from the bitch who recruited Slade's baby mama, who is dealing with her child having cancer, to appear on the show in order to get back at Slade and Gretchen. This from the "You went to Bass Lake" bitch. This from the bitch who stayed coming for Alexis and basically called her a bad mom because of a stroller/pool incident. This from a woman who outed Vicki's alleged infidelity with some Don look alike. Hell, she airs all Vicki's business every time they had a falling out. And that is just the shit from the top of my head that I can remember. I just really can't with her getting heated about a rumor that has been around since Eddie 1st appeared on screen. Kick rocks heifer. I can't help it, I don't care how born again she supposedly is, Tamra will always be that bitch who is joyfully evil and gets the most malicious malevolent self satisfied look in her eye when going after someone.

Something has got to give. Either the show needs to get rid of Vicki, get rid of those that can't/refuse to interact with the whole cast or get rid of everyone and recast the lot of them.  This fracturing of the cast has made the show unwatchable and not enjoyable, however Kelly, Peggy and Lydia the muppet should go regardless. Dicko is better housewife material than any of these 3.

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 16