Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E18: Make Out, Make Up

• Start Topic

47 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

In Luann's defense she only asked to be addressed as Mrs. not by her first name or Countess. I find that a reasonable request and not at all out of line. 

I found it out of line because she only expected to be addressed Mrs. De Lesseps for hired help "like you do with little kids." An adult driver (who was not hired by her) is not on the same level as a child. It made it seem like she felt above him, imo.

• Love 17

Looks like Sonja will keep Grey Gardens alive for another season.  Luann can move back in and the can have fun.

Tom does something next week and it involves talking about Missy.  Maybe Luann saw the tape and pulled the plug.

Another cougar on the prowl.  Luann has been out of commission for about 20 months so I am sure she will make up for lost time.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

when flying to visit a friend who lives in Dunedin, FL, I often saying that I'm going to Tampa.  I'm not trying to fool anyone, I'm just using the larger city name.

Yep, I do this as well.  My husband is from a very small town in southern Illinois, about an hour away from St. Louis.  When we go visit I just always say I'm going to St. Louis, or outside St. Louis, just because it's easier and doesn't need any explanation.  But of course, STL is no PB or WPB so no one really gives a shit, hahaha.

• Love 9
37 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Well....I'd say it's out of line UNLESS she addresses everyone else as formally.

This has always been Lu's problem. Manners are so everyone feels comfortable. So insisting that the driver call her Mrs. de Lesseps, she should have been calling him Mr. Surname and not Mike or whatever his first name was.

22 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I don't think it was as high as four THOUSAND, but it was still a pretty pricey amount and I thought, "Damn, that's a bargain to you? I'd never spend that much on one piece of clothing." She is pretty out of touch. 

It was "I could spend not that much. You know 500, 600, or 700 on a dress and put together something cute."

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ShawnaLanne said:

LuAnne is a social climber and a snob at her core. One of her first memorable acts was schooling Bethany on how to introduce her to the help. 

Lu is a wannabe and a snob. And she likes to rub people's face in her supposed superiority. 

She got her ass handed to her by TINSLEY. Karma.

This is why I can't feel sorry for LuAnne.  She "forced" her way into this marriage knowing Tom was cheating on her, all because she wanted the Penthouse/"Palm Beach" lifestyle.  She loves nothing more than to demean others because she feels she is "superior" to them. LuAnne is soulless, all flash and NO substance.  She is the worst type of person. 

This has always been Lu's problem. Manners are so everyone feels comfortable.

Yes, having good manners means that you are kind and considerate of others.  LuAnne uses her what she has learned from the Count by way of "good manners and social graces" as a weapon to keep others in their place.  The way she will put someone down in a nasty way but do it with a gentle voice and smile on her face is vicious. 

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • Love 24
7 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

This has always been Lu's problem. Manners are so everyone feels comfortable. So insisting that the driver call her Mrs. de Lesseps, she should have been calling him Mr. Surname and not Mike or whatever his first name was.

It was "I could spend not that much. You know 500, 600, or 700 on a dress and put together something cute."

Except Luann didn't say it to the driver she said it to Bethenny.  Boundaries.  Luann was letting Bethenny know what she was comfortable with.

Back to this week's episode-so Tinsley gets a pass for loudly dropping f-bombs in a restaurant?  I don't think it is out of line to express discomfort when someone gets out of line.  Luann tried to calm Dorinda in the Bronx and when it didn't work she exited the table.

I have a hard time believeing there is some sort of medal of valor awaiting Tinsley in Palm Beach for defending the social boundaries.  I would think she has a ot of behavior to make up for including an arrest, permanent restraining order and numerous drunken moments on this season.

3 minutes ago, nexxie said:

So Lu threw away her title for seven months of married blisslessness?! Can she get it back?

My guess is she will go back to Luann de Lesseps like Yolanda Hadid Foster did..

I doubt there are even monogrammed towels at this point.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 14
5 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

My guess is she will go back to Luann de Lesseps like Yolanda Hadid Foster did..

I doubt there are even monogrammed towels at this point.

But can she reuse Countess, or is she shit out of titles?

• Love 3
Just now, nexxie said:

But can she reuse Countess, or is she shit out of titles?

Don't know-I think she was pretty comfortable with losing the title and just using it as a brand name.  I think that will be the number one question asked.  She pretty much has trademarked her Countess Collection crap.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, breezy424 said:

Well, so much for the Palm Beach/West Palm Beach debate....

Funny lady, Breezy.  Let's hope Luann's next relationship finds her with someone who sis Aspen not that truck stop Vail and lives on the right side of the bridge. 

• Love 10

i wonder if the showing the clip from next episode precipitated lu's divorce announcement.

she might not have known about until last night.  the reason i'm speculating because beth said last night on wwhl that she didn't know carole didn't catch that fish until she saw the episode.

well lu certainly proved me wrong (like that's never happened before).  i thought she would never divorce tom  

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

That would be weird to use your former husband's name when you've remarried an divorced. 

She should just go back to Nadeau (?) Forget about being defined by a man for awhile Luann

I knew not one but two women (one my ex MIL and the other my BFF's mother) who kept their former married names even though they remarried other men. Mrs. Smith divorces Mr. Smith and remarries to Mr. Jones and stays Mrs Smith  awkward!

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

The bright side of Luann's marriage unraveling faster than a pair of cheap underpants is that nothing seems to embarrass her.  She shares that trait with Sonja.

No, she is not easily shamed, and she has a guaranteed storyline for next year. Which perhaps was the point. 

The reunion will be interesting, and in light of this is it probably too bad for her it has already filmed. It will be interesting to see how hard she works to claim their love is true and their bond strong. That the real problem is that everyone is jealous and cannot stand to see her happy. Or maybe she will be honest about the fact that there are issues. They only filmed a couple of weeks ago, so it would be hard to believe things changed so dramatically in the last two weeks. All eyes will be on her and what she has to say. 

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, bosawks said:

Someone should just look Lu in the eye and state the obvious truth of life:  

Just like every night has its dawn

Just like every cowboy sings his same sad old song

Every rose has it's thorn

And .... Tom's thorn was stuck in anyone he could find .... 

• Love 21

So .... how long before Sonja hooks up with him?  :D

(Ouch ... I kind of feel bad for typing that.  Sorry, LuLu, if you see this.  I actually had something worse written before this so there is that.  )

• Love 12
17 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

The bright side of Luann's marriage unraveling faster than a pair of cheap underpants is that nothing seems to embarrass her.  She shares that trait with Sonja.

Another reason for a Luann/Sonja love connection.

One of my favorite scenes from this epi was when Sonja was just about to guzzle the margarita from the pitcher and Luann swoops in: "no, no, no".  It was quick but it was authentic. I like that Lu feels protective over Soan.  I even like that she calls her 'Soan'.  They kind of need each other.  And I see the physical attraction.

It would be completely uncharted and fresh territory for a HW franchise and the time is right.  Luann can move into Grey Gardens and clean that mess (and Sonja) up.  Or Sonja could sell it and together with Lu's proceeds from 1/2 the penthouse, buy a spiffy little apartment on the UES.  Or, preferably, another part of the city, for a fresh start.

I'd rather see them wind up together as partners, than as 2 cougars, forever on the prowl at the likes of Beautique.  I'm over that storyline.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, malibu said:

I knew it !     Its not the obvious reason though why I was sure it was soon.  It was because when Luann was on WWHL she was acting decent.   She not once put on her haughty phony airs, cackled or gufawed about Tom and she just got married.

She was just being herself which in her case only comes out like when they all started to comment how they like the real Luann in between the Count and Tum.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, ryebread said:

One of my favorite scenes from this epi was when Sonja was just about to guzzle the margarita from the pitcher and Luann swoops in: "no, no, no".  It was quick but it was authentic. I like that Lu feels protective over Soan.  I even like that she calls her 'Soan'.  They kind of need each other.  And I see the physical attraction.

It would be completely uncharted and fresh territory for a HW franchise and the time is right.  Luann can move into Grey Gardens and clean that mess (and Sonja) up.  Or Sonja could sell it and together with Lu's proceeds from 1/2 the penthouse, buy a spiffy little apartment on the UES.  Or, preferably, another part of the city, for a fresh start.

I'd rather see them wind up together as partners, than as 2 cougars, forever on the prowl at the likes of Beautique.  I'm over that storyline.

This would be a great spinoff, but they would need someone to talk some sense into them every once and awhile.

If only Charlotte Rae were still working.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

This would be a great spinoff, but they would need someone to talk some sense into them every once and awhile.

If only Charlotte Rae were still working.

Alas, Mrs. Garrett was diagnosed with bone cancer earlier this year. 

Now you've got me wondering about a spin-off and what that would look like.  They *do* need a Mrs. Garrett.   However, Sonja would need to lose the interns.

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Looks like Sonja will keep Grey Gardens alive for another season.  Luann can move back in and the can have fun.

Nah, I think Ramona has dibs on it next. It seems to be the jump-off for finding a relationship. 

Although, given how Lu's crashed and burned, maybe not a good idea....

22 minutes ago, jaybird2 said:

well lu certainly proved me wrong (like that's never happened before).  i thought she would never divorce tom  

I figured she would, but that she'd wait a few years - to really try and prove the "haters" wrong. 

• Love 8
48 minutes ago, IKnowRight said:

Yikes, I was misquoted again, just to clarify....

Second time this week, but the other time wasn't you!  

FYI, I never made that comment!  I know the difference between the two! xo

Corrected!  I copied it from a reply, not an original post...live and learn! Sorry about that!  ;)

Edited by OldButHappy
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, ryebread said:

It would be completely uncharted and fresh territory for a HW franchise and the time is right. 

Yes!

I said a couple of weeks ago I'd love to see a lesbian couple join the franchise -- or (in this case) come out of Sonja's Wesson-filled closet -- welcome to SuAnn!

~carole in next year's promo:  "Of course there were rumours..." :)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 5

Oh!   Luann didn't have to change her monogrammed towels and sheets when marrying Tum

and if she goes the Harry Dubin route she could keep using the same bedding and bath.

Another bad decision but economical.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, walnutqueen said:

"When you know, you know."

Walnutqueen, that made me laugh out loud! And yep, when we knew, we knew. Pretty much right out of the gate. I will say that I am shocked that they did not carry the charade on until at least after their first anniversary. TomCat must have really pissed Lu off royally. Lu must be really ticked off, as others have said, that she gave up her countess title - all for a white wedding, apparently. I doubt she can get the title back, but I would not be surprised if she goes back to the count's last name and justifies it that it is her children's last name. I think Lu should go for an annulment - maybe she could retain her title that way. Lol. Sorry Lu but Tom has never come off as a rose, but thorn (and a really prickly one) title suits him just fine. 

Regarding Beth in the nude - wow. It makes me glad that I am not thin, (just average sized) as while she wears clothes well, the protruding ribs were not a pretty sight. I also find at my age (almost 60) that my face looks younger than my thin friends' faces. There is something to be said about having enough fat to fill out wrinkles (and rib cages). 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 12

So Bethenny's default is to assume that if someone's pissed at her, it's because they're jealous of her success? I never would think that of Dorinda, and Dorinda's life ain't too shabby. Anyway, didn't Bethenny strongly imply that Dorinda and John were cokeheads at last year's reunion? I think Dorinda's entitled to throw a little shade her way...and telling someone to chill out, they don't have to be perfect, is hardly a take-down of Bethenny or SkinnyGirl.

Sonja gives new meaning to "any port in a storm." Jesus! Wicked amusing though.

Can these women ever show up on time for dinner? Bethenny was 90 minutes late and still was the first person there? I'm sure the house staff just *loved* that, trying to plan meals for people who can't be bothered to show up within an hour of the assigned time.

• Love 14
13 minutes ago, ryebread said:

They *do* need a Mrs. Garrett.  

Maybe go with a real dame of a housemotherfucker -- Holland Taylor (partnered with the fab Sarah Paulson) might be good -- she wouldn't live there, but HMF could arrive once a week (having reviewed the tapes) to give them a play by play & lay down some hardass life lessons. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 2

Good God, these women need to stop drinking.  They are messy, horrible, dangerous drunks. I will say, though, that I did enjoy LuAnn's drunken fall last week.  Even though she did stumble and fall, she did it gracefully and laughed about it.  She is right that she's a pretty happy drunk.  But the rest . . . 

Dorinda sure can be a mean and aggressive drunk. I can't side with her on the Bethenny thing. She was in the wrong. Bethenny can certainly be a dog with a bone about things but I'm like her - - I cannot stand it when people are late. And vacation or not, being over an hour late is just rude.  Honestly, they aren't going anywhere and they really don't have to dress for dinner so there is no excuse.   It's Bethenny's trip, she invited everyone and if she wants dinner at 7 pm (or whenever), the other "ladies" should respect that time and be ready at 7 pm.  Sheesh.  It's not difficult.   You know if Dorinda had something planned at her place she wouldn't be thrilled if people rolled in 2 hours later. 

Sonja is a mess.  How on earth she has custody of her daughter is beyond me. Isn't her daughter a teenager now?  How embarrassing to have your mother acting this way  - - and caught on film.  Ugh.  I don't think I've ever had so much to drink that I ended up wearing someone else's clothes.  I mean, it's entertaining for us but it's pretty sad at the same time.

Boy, Tinsley went after Lu, didn't she?  They all seem uber-competitive.

The boat trip looked like it would be fun.  I'll give Carole props for taking a swim. The whales were incredible to see but I would have been nervous to get in the water at the same time. I hope Captain Fred got a good tip.

And Tequila, Mexico celebrates as these crazy ladies leave their country in peace.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, film noire said:

Maybe go with a real dame of a housemotherfucker -- Holland Taylor (partnered with the fab Sarah Paulson) might be good -- she wouldn't live there, but HMF could arrive once a week (having reviewed the tapes) to give them a play by play & lay down some hardass life lessons. 

Hahaha.  Like SuperNanny.  As a kindergarten teacher I used to LOVE when my students' parents told me they watched this show.  She could whip Soan and Lu into shape in no time

Lu could help her update her wardrobe and teach her how to wear statement necklaces and Sonja could finally get rid of the interns.

supernanny-jo-frost2.jpg

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, archer1267 said:

So Bethenny's default is to assume that if someone's pissed at her, it's because they're jealous of her success? I never would think that of Dorinda, and Dorinda's life ain't too shabby.

I don't think Bethenny would have assumed that if Dorinda hadn't made the dig about SG and the tour they got. 

10 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

Sonja is a mess.  How on earth she has custody of her daughter is beyond me. Isn't her daughter a teenager now?  How embarrassing to have your mother acting this way  - - and caught on film

I keep forgetting Sonja HAS a daughter. I hope her daughter has forgotten as well. 

• Love 13
26 minutes ago, OldButHappy said:

Corrected!  I copied it from a reply, not an original post...live and learn! Sorry about that!  ;)

No worries!  It's just odd because it never happened to me before and twice in one week...;(

Although it was expected I am slightly surprised that this happened so quickly.  Whatever was the straw that broke the camel’s back must have been serious because I figured that she would at least stay in the marriage for a year at least to save face. 

How many think that the marriage was kaput a lot earlier but she kept it under wraps until after the Reunion was filmed?   Oh everybody, cool. LOL

I guess next year’s storyline for Lu will be the public dragging that Ramona, Sonja and B will give her. 

Regarding her “abdicated” title.  That’s gone for good.  I am pretty sure that Lu commented on this in some fashion last season.  Being that she married into the the title  when she married Tom she relinquished her claim to it forever and no takesy backsy. 

A defrocked countess with no penthouse, no yacht, no Palm Beach.  To quote RHOA – How Dreadful    

• Love 9

Hey gang! I know we've had some insane news drop on us 

Luann-de-Lesseps-quitting.gif

bethenny_twitter_1.gif?itok=OqBUMnNG

But... let's keep it out of the episode thread as it's not really relevant. Aside from him being her rose... I guess now he's her thorn.

• Love 15

I'm stunned...not surprised they would split, but just blown away by how quick it was!!!

Well, another lesson learned:  

Sometimes (just like with Beth assuming people are jealous) people are actually trying to be good friends when they warn you about your fiancé tomcatting around on you.  They tried hard to warn Lu and she blew them all off, with her delusional thought that they just wanted what she had with Tom.  Most of those ladies saw the red flags but Lu ignored them and buried her head in the sand to get married in Palm Beach...

Hope she treads very carefully the next time.

• Love 5
46 minutes ago, ryebread said:

I ship them too. After she gets her liquid courage, Sonja sets her sights on Lu. The pawing and kissing begins. It's been this way for years. Luann, ever the lady, always demurs (at least when the cameras are on). I'm ready for them to realize that the men they've shared/swapped were simply a buffer to a love neither dared speak of.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Lisin said:

Hey gang! I know we've had some insane news drop on us 

Luann-de-Lesseps-quitting.gif

bethenny_twitter_1.gif?itok=OqBUMnNG

But... let's keep it out of the episode thread as it's not really relevant. Aside from him being her rose... I guess now he's her thorn.

Sorry!   I wrote my comments before I saw your post! 

• Love 4

Say what you will about this show.  There have been times when it's been a major snoozefest. 

However, "THEY'RE NOT MY PAAAAANTS!" had me doubled up, on my side literally -- and yes, I mean *literally*, Bethenny -- laughing out loud. 

• Love 8

I don't get Lu. She's a smart woman. What would possess her to go forward with this charade and constantly go on and on about being so happily married? I doubt they were getting along before the marriage, even though she said they patched things up, so what does she do? Why, throw a big, expensive wedding of course!  With after parties for weeks on end! I'm beginning to think Lu has some very deep rooted issues... 

• Love 9

I doubt these women eat much anyway. Of course, Bethenny couldn't shriek and pitch a fit about people being tardy.

Beth only cared about everybody being late because shit-stirring during mealtime is a fave of hers. Having nobody there obviously disrupted her plans.

What amazes me about Dorinda, Lu, Moaner and Sonja is how they can drink so incredibly much and function the next day.

Hardcore bitches are hardcore. My liver was shaking for them.

But when Dorinda said that shit about Skinny Girl, that made Beth think her friend had secretly been harboring some resentment towards her.

Why would Miss Zero Fucks care what the cokehead/village idiot/missing link thinks?

Luann as Sonja's full-time snatch guard? Bring.It. (I always wondered if Sonja's being upset about Luann/Tom was more about her feelings for Luann than the loss of a fuckbuddy.)

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, jaync said:

Luann as Sonja's full-time snatch guard? Bring.It. (I always wondered if Sonja's being upset about Luann/Tom was more about her feelings for Luann than the loss of a fuckbuddy.)

Gosh. Didn't figure that option into it but you have me thinking. 

• Love 3