Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

The ice cream cake recipe has been posted:

Ingredients:

24 ice cream sandwiches

8 ounces of Cool Whip

2 King-size Butterfinger candy bars, chopped up

10 ounces chocolate syrup

1 8oz. bottle caramel topping

Directions:

Arrange in six layers in a 9x13-inch pan

First layer: 12 ice cream sandwiches, placed over bottom of pan.

Second layer: half the container of Cool Whip®.

Third layer: half of the chopped-up Butterfinger® bars topped with half of the chocolate syrup and half of the caramel topping.

Fourth layer: the rest of the ice cream sandwiches.

Fifth layer: the rest of the Cool Whip®.

Sixth layer: the rest of the chopped-up Butterfinger® bars, topped with the rest of the caramel topping and the chocolate syrup.

Freeze and eat as desired.

ADE8EC4E-DA89-4540-AD93-42D0E0E89F4E.jpeg

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Ingredients:

24 ice cream sandwiches

8 ounces of Cool Whip

Directions:

Third layer: half of the chopped-up Butterfinger® bars topped with half of the chocolate syrup and half of the caramel topping.

Sixth layer: the rest of the chopped-up Butterfinger® bars, topped with the rest of the caramel topping and the chocolate syrup.

My teeth hurt. Seriously, can they be any more lazy???

Edited by Westiepeach
  • Love 10
On 4/21/2018 at 1:30 PM, Westiepeach said:

Well, she DID deliver every one of them. She SHOULD get something for the effort. *eye roll*

She also sacrificed a back muscle for gods sake!  

On 4/21/2018 at 11:18 AM, Ohiopirate02 said:

I also like the reusable Happy Birthday banner complete with a different font for the child's name. 

Poor Hannie is wearing Josh's face!  Doppleganger that one.

13 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Ingredients:

24 ice cream sandwiches

8 ounces of Cool Whip

Directions:

This sounds like a stoners paradise

• Love 10

It sounds delicious to me, honestly.  I think the grandkids would like it too.  But I'm not making it.  There are just three of them and one of me.  Mr. lookeyloo can't eat dairy and I think son and daughter in law would not enjoy.

• Love 12

It's really rather surprising that the Duggars in general aren't overweight (not talking about Smuggar here). My only guess is that there are so many of them still at home, there isn't enough food for all of them to overeat, and that keeps them at a decent weight. 

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, Heathen said:

It's really rather surprising that the Duggars in general aren't overweight (not talking about Smuggar here). My only guess is that there are so many of them still at home, there isn't enough food for all of them to overeat, and that keeps them at a decent weight. 

Both Smuggar and Joseph bloated once out of the TTH, I'm guessing because food restrictions went out the window and they could eat whatever and how much they wanted (Josh is clearly eating his feelings at this point). As did Joy though pregnancy probably contributed to her weight gain. Jill, Jessa and Jinger have stayed slim aside from some pregnancy pounds but I'm guessing they've always had a lot of pressure on them to be thin because of Gothard and his creepy creepy controlling instructions on how women should look. JD is overweight as well which IMO supports the theory that he's got a pad of his own these days. Boob is definitely overweight, sometimes more so, but he's the lord of the manor and can demand cooked meals at any time, including during his wife's labour so that's not surprising.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

My only guess is that there are so many of them still at home, there isn't enough food for all of them to overeat, and that keeps them at a decent weight. 

I tend to think so. It also wouldn't surprise me if the Duggar kids had a high fat to muscle ratio even though none of them look overweight to the naked eye. They eat nothing but processed carbs, they're just dividing the food by so many peope it probably keeps the portion sizes down.

• Love 12

Smuggar didn't really blow up until Ofsmuggar was pregnant with Mackynzie, when they both packed on a lot of weight (and Smuggar never stopped). Has Joseph put on a lot of weight in the thirty seconds since he got married? 

3 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

It sounds delicious to me, honestly.  I think the grandkids would like it too.  But I'm not making it.  There are just three of them and one of me.  Mr. lookeyloo can't eat dairy and I think son and daughter in law would not enjoy.

It sounds  great to me  also , of course  I could  only eat about 3 bites  but I would  enjoy them.

• Love 2
Just now, Heathen said:

Smuggar didn't really blow up until Ofsmuggar was pregnant with Mackynzie, when they both packed on a lot of weight (and Smuggar never stopped). Has Joseph put on a lot of weight in the thirty seconds since he got married? 

Not really. I could see Joseph gaining about as much weight as individuals typically gain as they get older. He strikes me as more disciplined compared to Smuggar. I think the massive weight gains are more linked to the Smuganna part of the family since Anna has also gained a lot of weight (and lost it when the scandals came out).

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Ingredients:

24 ice cream sandwiches

8 ounces of Cool Whip

Directions:

Swap out the Butterfingers for Milky Way, sub real whipped cream for the Cool Whip and I'm in. For like one 24th, anyway. I like ice cream sandwiches, what can I say. I   know what I'm having for dessert when I watch Svengoolie Saturday night. 

Okay, maybe not because it's too much trouble with chocolate sauce and caramel and crap. I don't have room for that in my fridge for five years. But maybe just the ice cream sandwich and a dollop of Redi Whip. Mmmmm.

Is anyone  interested in my recipe for sliced pineapple set in green jello right in the can?? Just let me know!  

• Love 11

For me, the issue isn't that it would taste bad -- I think it would because the Duggars buy the cheapest possible ice cream sandwiches, and I will bet they buy "whipped topping" rather than splurging on CoolWhip. The issue for me is that it's just something they slapped together in 10 minutes out of stuff that they probably already have in the pantry.

It's his 18th birthday, and somebody should have gotten out the bundt pans -- or whatever -- to make the special cake that Jason really likes. Maybe this really is a special favorite of his -- there are plenty of crappy low-rent things from my childhood that I love -- but it just feels so Duggar-like, so much like nobody can be bothered to take any time to do anything nice. These people have lots of money and lots of time, and they still put zero dollars, and zero effort into everything they do.

• Love 19
8 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

For me, the issue isn't that it would taste bad -- I think it would because the Duggars buy the cheapest possible ice cream sandwiches, and I will bet they buy "whipped topping" rather than splurging on CoolWhip. The issue for me is that it's just something they slapped together in 10 minutes out of stuff that they probably already have in the pantry.

It's his 18th birthday, and somebody should have gotten out the bundt pans -- or whatever -- to make the special cake that Jason really likes. Maybe this really is a special favorite of his -- there are plenty of crappy low-rent things from my childhood that I love -- but it just feels so Duggar-like, so much like nobody can be bothered to take any time to do anything nice. These people have lots of money and lots of time, and they still put zero dollars, and zero effort into everything they do.

It probably is Jason's favorite and that is why they made it.  It's not like he has much to compare it to.

I love sweet stuff but just reading the ingredients was way too much for me.  Yuck!

• Love 5
5 hours ago, sixlets said:

Nothing says 'happy birthday' more than a pan of sugar.  "You're so godly at 18, and you'll have diabetes by  25 minutes after eating that cake."  

Fixed it for you.  :-)  I felt I needed a blood test just from reading the ingredients.  And I'm in the camp of whomever said that with all those people in the house, no one could get off their lazy arse and google a cake recipe and make it for him - lazy and sad.

Speaking of lazy in the photo with Johannah? there is a piece of masking tape on the top of the dishwasher that says - Broken, pls do not use.  Which begs the question, since all they seem to use is paper and styrofoam plates and plastic silverware, how many years has it been broken?  

Edited by DragonFaerie
  • Love 17
7 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Not really. I could see Joseph gaining about as much weight as individuals typically gain as they get older. He strikes me as more disciplined compared to Smuggar.

No? In the last few pictures I saw of him he looked decidedly bigger than he used to. Perhaps it was just the badly fitted suit.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

Speaking of lazy in the photo with Johannah? there is a piece of masking tape on the top of the dishwasher that says - Broken, pls do not use.  Which begs the question, since all they seem to use is paper and styrofoam plates and plastic silverware, how many years has it been broken?  

I can't recall a time I've ever seen the Duggars use real dishes and silverware. Even if the dishwasher is broken, they've got twenty freaking people living in the house. They could easily rotate dish washing duties if they actually gave a damn about the environment. 

• Love 13
19 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I had got a major sweet tooth, but that seems too sweet to me. 

To me, Jason just looks so sad, like, "it's my 18th birthday and I'm celebrating with my family rather than friends (if I had any)."  These kids (especially the younger ones) seem to have no life or happiness in them.

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Love 10
20 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

She also sacrificed a back muscle for gods sake!  

Poor Hannie is wearing Josh's face!  Doppleganger that one.

I used to have a recipe called "Death by Chocolate" that sounds like organic health food next to the Duggar ice cream cake.

• Love 11
16 hours ago, Heathen said:

Didn't Josh get married not too long after the period of food deprivation?  I think the oldest probably have food issues to this day.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Didn't Josh get married not too long after the period of food deprivation?  I think the oldest probably have food issues to this day.

It wouldn't surprise me if all of them do. Didn't one of the shows have Johannah standing at the freezer door eating frozen fruit? 

I had 5 kids and had to lock my pantry door or they would devour a month's worth of snacks, treats, and pop in a weekend. But, there was always bread, peanut butter, jelly, and fresh fruit available for anyone who was hungry or who didn't get full at mealtime. My husband passed away when they were 15, 14, 13, 11, & 8 and for the next two years, I struggled horribly with depression and while I always made dinner, they were on their own for the rest. To this day, dinner is the only meal that all of them plan and make.

• Love 21
On 4/22/2018 at 9:58 AM, Barb23 said:

Looks like MEchelle got all dressed up for the party as opposed to Joy who looks like she threw on whatever  T-shirt that was available. Jessa is wearing her signature Old Navy swing dress (or whatever it's called).

Eh, Joy has an infant and doesn't live right next to the house of sister-auntie-moms, so I'll give her a pass. 

On 4/22/2018 at 10:37 AM, bigskygirl said:

I am surprised JB and Josh were not shoving everyone out of the way to get to the food.

Maybe the other Duggars don't tell them to come down/over for the party until after people have started eating the food. 

13 minutes ago, Nysha said:

It wouldn't surprise me if all of them do. Didn't one of the shows have Johannah standing at the freezer door eating frozen fruit? 

I had 5 kids and had to lock my pantry door or they would devour a month's worth of snacks, treats, and pop in a weekend. But, there was always bread, peanut butter, jelly, and fresh fruit available for anyone who was hungry or who didn't get full at mealtime. My husband passed away when they were 15, 14, 13, 11, & 8 and for the next two years, I struggled horribly with depression and while I always made dinner, they were on their own for the rest. To this day, dinner is the only meal that all of them plan and make.

OT, but I just want to say (as someone who has struggled with chronic depression most of my adult life) that you're a rock star, @Nysha.  I can't even begin to imagine.  I know your kids think you're a rock star, too. :)

(And dinner is the only meal anyone in my family ever planned or made, all others were kind of decided as we got hungry & made it work.)

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 18
On 4/25/2018 at 12:59 AM, DragonFaerie said:

And why do they buy multiple private planes and real estate properties but don't replace or repair the dishwasher in their own home??? 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 24

Lol, my daughter is well fed and she still stands at the freezer and eats frozen fruit out of the bag!  

And I hear ya on the pantry snacks!  My 3 will devour all their lunch snacks for the week or a gallon of ice cream!  We have to hide the good stuff!  

• Love 7
8 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I can't recall a time I've ever seen the Duggars use real dishes and silverware. Even if the dishwasher is broken, they've got twenty freaking people living in the house. They could easily rotate dish washing duties if they actually gave a damn about the environment. 

They still have the industrial dish washer & another regular one (thinking they have 2) so no one should have to wash anything.  They must not have a "family friend" to sponge a repair off of. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

OT, but I just want to say (as someone who has struggled with chronic depression most of my adult life) that you're a rock star, @Nysha.  I can't even begin to imagine.

Thank you.

• Love 3
On 4/24/2018 at 6:18 PM, ginger90 said:

Ingredients:

24 ice cream sandwiches

8 ounces of Cool Whip

Directions:

Well, I think that's a clever recipe hack, and probably cheaper than store bought.  They even got the crunchy cookie layer effect with the candy bars.  I'd eat a piece if you set it in front of me, though I'm just "OK" on ice cream sammiches in general so I can't imagine fiending over it.

• Love 3

I'm supposed to bring a dessert to friend's house this weekend. I think I'll make this. I'm going to use good quality ice cream bars and cut them into bite-size pieces and real whipped cream, though. 

• Love 15
7 hours ago, Nysha said:

I'm supposed to bring a dessert to friend's house this weekend. I think I'll make this. I'm going to use good quality ice cream bars and cut them into bite-size pieces and real whipped cream, though. 

Let us know how it goes over!  You'll have a good story to go along with it too.

• Love 8
On 4/22/2018 at 9:58 AM, Barb23 said:

That gift bag with the pink hearts & ribbon for a manly Duggar guy is driving me nuts. Was that JB approved? Maybe that's the only gift bag the giver had.  

That looks like a small diaper bag to me, but I could certainly be wrong.

On 4/24/2018 at 3:27 PM, Natalie68 said:

Hey, I'm stoned right now, but the list of ingredients alone made me feel like gagging.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

While I am a serial plant killer, they live in Arkansas, shouldn't they have already done this?  It's almost blueberry time here in eastern NC. 

But the Duggars do everything a little more half-assed differently than the rest of us, you know.

• Love 22
3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

While I am a serial plant killer, they live in Arkansas, shouldn't they have already done this?  It's almost blueberry time here in eastern NC. 

Yes, but I'm guessing they are also on Duggar time when it comes to everything, including gardening

• Love 15
5 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Why do I think that they don't give a crap about the garden. They just like to ride around on motored machines. 

• Love 20
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Why do I think that they don't give a crap about the garden. They just like to ride around on motored machines. 

I think that's true for the boys.  I know I'm in a different part of the country but that grass is the shortest I've ever seen.  I don't see how it would be comfy to play on or walk in, especially barefoot.  It's barely more than dirt.  Jana probably enjoys the garden just so she can get out of the house, such as that is.

Edited by DragonFaerie
  • Love 8

Yeah, they're late. I murder all plants in my wake, but my grandparents always plant a big garden here in the Arkansas Ozarks. They've easily had everything planted a couple of weeks, if not longer. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Zella said:

Yeah, they're late. I murder all plants in my wake, but my grandparents always plant a big garden here in the Arkansas Ozarks. They've easily had everything planted a couple of weeks, if not longer. 

I've already got most of my tomatoes/peppers in. My kale, lettuce, and peas have been growing for a while. Beans planted but haven't come up yet. Still need to get a few more San Marzano tomatoes and some eggplant. I'm a bit early with it, really...we generally plant the more tender things after Memorial Day here in Connecticut, but it's been reasonably nice and there doesn't appear to be any frost on the horizon.

Have to get some zucchini in as well, but haven't prepared that bed. The weeds are certainly happy.

• Love 3

I saw that the Duggar page (the official family one) had an interview with JD. 

Either they are trying to marry him off or they have an offer and are reminding the fans that he exists!  Beating the drums to get everyone to notice him! 

• Love 2
(edited)

I think they're trying to marry him off. It would be nice if they found someone closer to his age than his newest SILs.  There are plenty of single women of different ages all over the religious spectrum including fundie. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1

What I will say about the marriages is that at least there aren't huge age differences between the couples. The largest age difference is JinJer at 6 years. There haven't been any relationships that have veered all the way into Handmaid's Tale territory (e.g., 20- or 30-something Nick and his new 15-year-old wife). Therefore, I think it is unlikely that JD will end up with someone Lauren's age, for example.

• Love 9
(edited)

Anyone ever wonder  just who is going to take financial care of Jana in her old age if she never marries? She’s not allowed to work, so she won’t have social security, a pension , a 401k, or even a savings account. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 21
On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 10:35 AM, madpsych78 said:

What I will say about the marriages is that at least there aren't huge age differences between the couples. The largest age difference is JinJer at 6 years. There haven't been any relationships that have veered all the way into Handmaid's Tale territory (e.g., 20- or 30-something Nick and his new 15-year-old wife). Therefore, I think it is unlikely that JD will end up with someone Lauren's age, for example.

They might be biding their time until a young widow comes a long.  Of course that means JD will start with a dozen kids.

• Love 1