Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

Does Jana have an Instagram account?

I'm guessing no.  I took a peek, and there are fan pages for her, but there is no verified account with her name.  I did read a few times that she updates the family Facebook page, and it has been mentioned that only her and Michelle have the password for getting online.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

Does Jana have an Instagram account?

Not that I know of, but her friends do. I've only seen pictures from them on this forum, so I don't know their handles but there's been photos of Jana hanging out with friends, eating cheese, climbing bathtubs and whatnot mined from those IG's (though I suppose they could be FB accounts come to think of it). She's not what I'd call a social butterfly, but unlike the other Duggar girls she does appear to be hanging out with friends somewhat regularly.

• Love 4

I saw the post that the Josiah and [insert name here] poll is working again and the new topic will be up soon. Looks like I might lose the bet I had going with myself that they would break up before it was fixed and we wouldn't need to bother with the new thread anymore.

• Love 3

Josiah REALLY looks like Josh in several of these pictures. I don't know how to insert a picture into this post, but #11 in particular on the slideshow made me do a double take.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Booey said:

Josiah REALLY looks like Josh in several of these pictures. I don't know how to insert a picture into this post, but #11 in particular on the slideshow made me do a double take.

Josiah-Lauren-5.png

• Love 2

Hay bales, a desk?, random picture of them, rose petals, and carnations turned upside down. It's like drunken pinterest. 

Agreed hes turing into facial Josh. It's not a good look. I'm betting he gains weight the first few years of marriage, too.

• Love 11

See, I’m not a fan of Lauren. I think because she reminds me of someone I do not care for. So no offense to her, she might be the nicest person in the world, but I don’t like her. I know it is not fair, but it’s how I feel. 

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Why does Lauren look like she's screaming "Help Me!" with her eyes? 

I thought that she looked that way in several of those pictures, but I got more of a desperate vibe, like she really wants to please her future headship and doesn't really know what's expected of her.

• Love 11

Wow, Josiah looked like a completely different person when he was with Marjorie!!!! Marjorie, however, looks just the same. I bet she is breathing a sigh of relief that she isn't currently caring for the two young children of a Josh duggar clone. 

Isn't it too bad that Josiah and Marjorie couldn't have gone off to college together? I would love to see him expanding his mind. He seems clever, so he might have been able to pass classes despite his SOTDRT education, with a lot of hard work. It makes me sad when I see the most capable of these kids throwing their lives away doing nothing. Not saying at all that everybody has to go to college, but wouldn't you think out of nineteen kids, at least one would have the ability/ interest?

• Love 14
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I’ll bet she was tapping the same phrase in Morse Code with her fingers during the photo shoot!

• Love 5

I was more remarking on her lack of verticality. Look at how teeny she is when Josiah, who's not much more than 5'8". is kneeling. 

eta: Being vertically-challenged myself, I tend to notice these things. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Wow, Josiah looked like a completely different person when he was with Marjorie!!!! Marjorie, however, looks just the same. I bet she is breathing a sigh of relief that she isn't currently caring for the two young children of a Josh duggar clone. 

Isn't it too bad that Josiah and Marjorie couldn't have gone off to college together? I would love to see him expanding his mind. He seems clever, so he might have been able to pass classes despite his SOTDRT education, with a lot of hard work. It makes me sad when I see the most capable of these kids throwing their lives away doing nothing. Not saying at all that everybody has to go to college, but wouldn't you think out of nineteen kids, at least one would have the ability/ interest?

I've said this all along about the kids.  If they had had a normal upbringing, it would be interesting to see how their future paths would have turned out.  Who would have been the standout athlete?  Which one is the nerd or smart one  that loves school?  Who loves cooking so much they went on to have a career in the food industry?  Think of the possibities Jana could have with her sewing skills.  I also wonder how many would have been married or have children by now if they had been allowed to date & not marry the first person who came along. 

• Love 21
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I was more remarking on her lack of verticality. Look at how teeny she is when Josiah, who's not much more than 5'8". is kneeling. 

eta: Being vertically-challenged myself, I tend to notice these things. 

I'm another shortie, and my guess is Lauren is maybe 5'1". At least fundie shorties don't have to worry about hemming pants.  

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I've said this all along about the kids.  If they had had a normal upbringing, it would be interesting to see how their future paths would have turned out.  Who would have been the standout athlete?  Which one is the nerd or smart one  that loves school?  Who loves cooking so much they went on to have a career in the food industry?  Think of the possibities Jana could have with her sewing skills.  I also wonder how many would have been married or have children by now if they had been allowed to date & not marry the first person who came along. 

I totally agree and at the same time this makes me very sad

• Love 6
18 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Hay bales, a desk?, random picture of them, rose petals, and carnations turned upside down. It's like drunken pinterest. 

If a guy went out of his way to purposely propose to me in front of pre-arranged bales of hay, I'd run the other freaking way. WTF. 

Also, I have bad allergies....so YUCK.

18 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Because she is. 

I would be too if I was being sold getting engaged to one of the most fabulously repressed Duggar boys. Or hell, any of the Duggar boys. Having JB & Michelle as in-laws alone is enough to scream over.  I think Lauren knows something is up with Josiah's "former" fabulosity, but she doesn't have enough life experience & exposure to the real world to realize what exactly is up with him and how it will impact her life.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, Barb23 said:

If they had a normal upbringing they wouldn't be interesting enough to be on TV. Leghumpers watch b/c they fantasize that their own family is a Godly as the Duggars. And a whole lot of people hate watch because they can't believe that an entire family of clueless morons is breeding for TV. 

I follow Christi Cason, who was on Kids by the Dozen. Her and her husband have 18 children and are trying to conceive #19, their kids go to public school, and they've been trying to pitch a TV show for several years with no luck. Normal people are boring.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Nysha said:

If they had a normal upbringing they wouldn't be interesting enough to be on TV. Leghumpers watch b/c they fantasize that their own family is a Godly as the Duggars. And a whole lot of people hate watch because they can't believe that an entire family of clueless morons is breeding for TV. 

I follow Christi Cason, who was on Kids by the Dozen. Her and her husband have 18 children and are trying to conceive #19, their kids go to public school, and they've been trying to pitch a TV show for several years with no luck. Normal people are boring.

I wouldn't call them normal. Normal people, IMO, don't spend their time trying to conceive yet another kid when they already have a shit load they can't really afford. In their Kids by the Dozen episode, Christi came across as grossly immature, too. 

• Love 1
On March 29, 2018 at 1:59 PM, EVS said:

There’s a Jason?

3 minutes ago, louannems said:

Yes, and he looks like a gnome.  

1 minute ago, EVS said:

You’ll have to be more specific. ?

Wait is he the guy that's balding???  LOl - Total snark there folks

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, EVS said:

You’ll have to be more specific. ?

I don't know, but in his Talking Heads, he appears old and pointy, yet he is obviously still young.  His features are not typically Duggar.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, louannems said:

I don't know, but in his Talking Heads, he appears old and pointy, yet he is obviously still young.  His features are not typically Duggar.

9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

He's balding and has patchy facial hair. Not a good looking specimen.

He also has the overall greasy look the guys seem to be acquiring as they get older. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I appreciate this as a thought experiment, but there are just too many issues in their lives for me to contemplate the idea that they could ever have had a normal upbringing, and too many issues for me to believe that they would ever be more than very average, uninteresting people.

Even in a world where they weren't part of a cult, and "homeschooled," and intentionally isolated, remember that:

They are JB and J'chelle's biological children. Both JB and J'chelle are pleasant looking and of reasonable intelligence, but have shown little in the way of intellectual curiosity, creativity, athletic ability, industriousness, etc.

They are each one of 19. They got very little time, attention, and affection from their parents. The lack of nurturing in their formative years is going to cause them issues for the rest of their lives.

The older kids were crammed into that tiny house for years. i wrote in an earlier post about the traumatizing effects of overcrowding -- aside from the mental trauma, it can have effects on mental and physical development.

They suffered from food scarcity. That's not a result (completely) of their parents being religious nuts, but of there being too damn many of them. Food scarcity can be incredibly traumatizing and can have real lasting effects in mental and physical development.

Their parents are selfish, bone-lazy, and disinterested. I don't see them -- even in an alternative universe -- providing their children with encouragement to excel in school, or sports, or any other activity. Having the support of a loving family can go a long way in encouraging people to succeed, but it's just not there.

I'll leave out the fact that they were beaten by their parents, and four of the girls were sexually abused because you could make a valid argument that without the religious indoctrination and the isolation, that might not have happened.

Overcoming the life that they have led would be difficult for anyone without tremendous drive and strength of will, and I just don't see that in any of the Duggars. I do think that they are (for the most part) reasonably pleasant looking and of average intelligence. Perhaps with teachers and friends in their lives, some of them might have developed interests and had their talents nurtured. There are so many awful things that did happen that its hard for me to strip them all away and try to imagine what could have happened if (there weren't 19 of them, if their parents weren't narcissists, if they hadn't been starved, squished, beaten and abused, if they had been educated, if they had been allowed to have friends, if they had been allowed to have thoughts, etc., etc., etc.)

To expand on the bolded point, I think that the lack of attention and affection that the Duggar children got may be partially due to being part of 19 children, but it also may be due to being part of the Duggar family, regardless of the number of children they had. Look at the Bates family - also with 19 children - and I would argue that the Bates children received more attention and affection at least within the capacity of a 19-kid household. 

• Love 16
13 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

Overcoming the life that they have led would be difficult for anyone without tremendous drive and strength of will, and I just don't see that in any of the Duggars. I do think that they are (for the most part) reasonably pleasant looking and of average intelligence. Perhaps with teachers and friends in their lives, some of them might have developed interests and had their talents nurtured. There are so many awful things that did happen that its hard for me to strip them all away and try to imagine what could have happened if (there weren't 19 of them, if their parents weren't narcissists, if they hadn't been starved, squished, beaten and abused, if they had been educated, if they had been allowed to have friends, if they had been allowed to have thoughts, etc., etc., etc.)

I understand what you're saying, but even with the overcrowding, food scarcity, and lack of parental attention, public school and friends would have resulted in a normal, if still dull, adulthood for the majority of them. For the eldest 4 or 5 and the more intelligent/resilient younger children, it would have given them other adults who cared about their progress and access to attainable goals. 

While I don't know anyone who had a horrible childhood AND 18 siblings, I do have 7 cousins who were raised pretty much the same as the Duggars, food scarcity, horrible homeschooling, fear of anyone not following the right Jesus, physical abuse, and isolation.  While all of them had very rough lives for most of their 20s, they all managed to get it together by 35. Some are more successful than others, but if you had looked at the family when there were 7 uneducated kids ranging from 6 to 17, you would have figured none of them would manage anything more than what they had right then. 

The big difference between my cousins & the Duggar children is that my cousins were pretty much kicked out of the house at 18 and had to sink or swim on their own.

Edited by Nysha
  • Love 13

I can’t believe that we’ve reached the point where every year another Howler is old enough to join this thread.

It sounds like something that belongs on a scare-mongering news show with a soap opera overvoice. 

When Howlers Court: A Dugger Family Special.

• Love 12

Jason is that kid whose picture is above? How the hell do Duggar males, except Jim Bob, manage to look so much older than their age? Is Jim Bob sprinkling some potion in their tater tot casserole? 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Unless they hurry up and get Jana and/or JD in a courtship, I think Jeremiah and/or Jedidiah will be the next ones to announce courtships since they are 19 years old.

I think the sinner twin is next. I bet JB already has him married off to Kendra's sister. That way they all know each other no shock and awe that might come after the marriage to a complete stranger.

• Love 2