Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, OneMoreStop said:

Unless I missed it, there weren’t any postings of Jana’s birthday celebration down under. Instead we got JB’s embarrassing announcement of “She’s still single!” And pictures of Jana the bag wrangler. To me, this ignoring of Jana speaks volumes.  We did get JD’s ratchet looking party pictures though. At least he got some recognition.  I don’t know why but from the annual pictures of them taken together on their birthday, I always assumed that they liked celebrating together. But that’s a lot to interpret from pictures, I know.  We’be been speculating that JD gave up his ticket to Si’s supposed new intended, but still....

If they are going to post these other events, why not post Jana’s birthday celebration, I unless it didn’t happen, which wouldn’t surprise me.

I don’t know why this bothers me so much. 

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this was at Jana's request. She clearly hates the spotlight and had enough embarrassment with Boob's "she's still single!"

19 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

Gross. Ditch Josh’s beard. And do something with your hair that doesn’t look like “blond Josh”.  Get plugs!

Lauren is pretty, she’s just got a bad tooth to gum ratio.

I hope she’s not as TV ready as Marjorie was. That was really weird. 

I actually find Lauren prettier than Marjorie--Jill gums/teeth notwithstanding--who has the misfortune of looking like her father when her mother is much more attractive. And yeah, Marjorie was even worse than Jeremie in her enthusiasm for the cameras. I didnt like her until after she called things off.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Lauren isn’t as pretty as Marjorie.  She’s got a horsey look about her. I don’t like mocking people for things they have no control over, such as the crapshoot that is our DNA. I hope Josiah is pleased with her and she with him and they aren’t being married off due to boob and his machinations.  People’s lives are not for the sport of Boob.

See, I kind of think Lauren is prettier, if maybe in a slightly quirky way. Marjorie always looked a little harsh to me, as well as older than her years. Lauren has a much softer look. And I've always found gummy smiles sort of endearing, so I can't hate on that. She does look like the sort of person, as Josiah described her, who is always looking to give someone a little boost if they seem to be down

That being said, there's nothing I see between them in any of these pictures which feels as though there is any sort of spark there. Maybe something will become evident when we actually see them interact. I hope so. I hate to see them married off at this sort of age to someone who just happened to be convenient. On the other hand, infatuation can burn out fast, while arranged marriages can lead to a real and lasting love, so who knows...I wish them the best if this courtship goes all the way to the altar this time. 

I definitely have a gummy smile like that, I'm very careful to not have my picture taken with my smile too wide. I think she's pretty, but I do feel bad for the both of them. She's 18! And I agree woth @Jynnan tonnix above me. There's no spark or anything. Like with Jinger and Jeremy, you could see it, even though they couldn't touch. But these two? Not much. 

I guess with Josiah's IBLP indoctrination at ALERT that changed him for the worse, it was inevitable that he found himself a good little obedient Gothard girl. 

Edited by Sew Sumi

It’s entirely possible to have a mouthful of horsey teeth without the gum ratio. Even those with no bite issues or crooked teeth can look like they could eat an apple through a fence.  Many people feel self conscious about their own gummy smiles. I’m not going to ridicule someone for something they can’t help. Some people look cute with gummy smiles.

Sometimes face shapes just look more severe with a lantern jaw and high cheekbones.  

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 1

Yawn.  We called it. She sure has been well trained with the headship gaze and long curls cascading down.  I'm sure she'll be a model fundie wife.  And the story will be so identical to the rest of them that even we die-hard snarkers are going to have a tough time telling these couples and grandbabies apart. 

So the count is 3 currently known to be pregnit, one likely (jessa), and three more potentials this year (jill, anna, lauren.)  Ever closer to the 200 goal!

Edited by awaken
  • Love 1
On 1/15/2018 at 7:17 PM, madpsych78 said:

Josiah would then get his own thread. The couple is nicknamed SiRen elsewhere, so I like the idea of incorporating that somehow into his thread.

SiRen:  Not As Exciting As It Sounds

• Love 3

I think both Marjorie and Lauren are reasonably attractive young ladies. It's hard to say now, but maybe Lauren is smart too. That would be nice.

This whole thing seems highly arranged. She's from the most Gothardite family since Anna. She's eighteen so really young. Josiah had a spark to him when he was younger. He spent the most time at ALERT and JB has worked hard to make sure he's married before he gets too old.  

All of the Duggar brides (meaning wives for the sons) have started courtships in their teens. Anna was the only twenty years old when she got married (so far), and my guess is Lauren will be married by twenty if not a mother. JB certainly has a type in mind for his sons. Teenagers from a very religious background, who live at home. Their fans don't seem to care, but then Duggar boys aren't that much older. Josh and Anna are the same age (he's older by a few months). Joe and Kendra are the farthest apart (3.5 years). Assuming Lauren turns 19 by August, she and Si are a little less than 3 years apart.  (I think she will be 19 and he will be 21 when they get married.) Wonder if the audience would care if 28+ John David starts courting a teenager. I think a few of them would, but not necessarily most.

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Kokapetl said:

Gross. Ditch Josh’s beard. And do something with your hair that doesn’t look like “blond Josh”.  Get plugs!

Lauren is pretty, she’s just got a bad tooth to gum ratio.

I hope she’s not as TV ready as Marjorie was. That was really weird. 

I am curious how they are getting around the fact Sia does NOT have his whole heart!  He gave away pieces to Marj doncha know!  

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I think both Marjorie and Lauren are reasonably attractive young ladies. It's hard to say now, but maybe Lauren is smart too. That would be nice.

This whole thing seems highly arranged. She's from the most Gothardite family since Anna. She's eighteen so really young. Josiah had a spark to him when he was younger. He spent the most time at ALERT and JB has worked hard to make sure he's married before he gets too old.  

All of the Duggar brides (meaning wives for the sons) have started courtships in their teens. Anna was the only twenty years old when she got married (so far), and my guess is Lauren will be married by twenty if not a mother. JB certainly has a type in mind for his sons. Teenagers from a very religious background, who live at home. Their fans don't seem to care, but then Duggar boys aren't that much older. Josh and Anna are the same age (he's older by a few months). Joe and Kendra are the farthest apart (3.5 years). Assuming Lauren turns 19 by August, she and Si are a little less than 3 years apart.  (I think she will be 19 and he will be 21 when they get married.) Wonder if the audience would care if 28+ John David start courting a teenager. I think a few of them would, but not necessarily most.

The girls have to be young to marry a Duggar boy.  Any woman with a spec of life experience (and self confidence, pride, high intellect)  would NOT find them to be a good catch.  I mean really.  Would you be excited over the age of 21 to have your dad say hey, I found your husband!  He is 22, has a receding hairline and bad acne, will work cleaning toilets for me, you get to live next to Ma and me, he's not a deep thinker but can 'trash' the car of a newlywed like no other, looks mature (translation, he looks 45 even though he is just 22) and he's been to Alert to get rid of any remaining impure thoughts!  

• Love 1

She's definitely a strange mix of both parents who aren't real lookers. I don't think she's beautiful but pretty and definitely out of Josiah's league who will be unrecognizable from Josh in just a few short years.

Boob needs to hurry and marry off the twins before their looks start to deteriorate and they end up like JD. They don't have the luxury of waiting and remaining single like the Bates boys who are just getting more good looking with age.Screenshot_20180123-125623.thumb.jpg.301c80fbbd7a7cc0f0653d6ed49301e3.jpg

Edited by Lunera

I think Lauren is objectively prettier than Marjorie, but Marjorie's personality shines through so strongly in her pictures. Plus, you could see the chemistry between her and Josiah in pictures. 

To me, Lauren looks like the basic sorority girl. If she was wearing leggings and a long-sleeved shirt advertising some fraternity bike-a-thon, she'd fit right in. In the real world, Jessa would be the sorority president, and she'd meet Lauren there and introduce her to her brother. 

16 minutes ago, Lunera said:

She's definitely a strange mix of both parents who aren't real lookers. I don't think she's beautiful but pretty and definitely out of Josiah's league who will be unrecognizable from Josh in just a few short years.

Boob needs to hurry and marry off the twins before their looks start to deteriorate and they end up like JD. They don't have the luxury of waiting and remaining single like the Bates boys who are just getting more good looking with age.Screenshot_20180123-125623.thumb.jpg.301c80fbbd7a7cc0f0653d6ed49301e3.jpg

Like the opposite of Kendra?

I think Lauren is pretty and I hope this couple is a bit more interesting than paint drying aka Joy & Austin, Kendra & Joe. 

At least Josiah has some personality.  The other Duggar boys are super dull. I still can't tell them apart and there is no reason to try. 

3 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I don't know, I think Lauren's mother is attractive. But her father doesn't hold a candle to Hot Pastor Caldwell.

Mixed feelings here. Mrs. Lauren’s Mother looks like a relative of mine that I do not care for. Mr. Lauren’s Father just does not impress me. I don’t like his “look.”

Why, yes, I am shallow. Why do you ask?

Just now, Rabbittron said:

I can't wait to see the wedding because her parents are doing the wedding. 

I'll bet she'll have the same dressmaker as Jinger, Joy, and Kendra. I expect it will be a lot like Joe's and Joy's, etc. 

• Love 1

I think both Lauren and Marjorie are attractive, but SiRen is just not ringing true to me at all. I'm getting serious shades of TFDW, and not because I think Si is gay, but because I think he's acting out a script for a life he doesn't want. If he had options, he wouldn't be marrying this girl.

• Love 2

Weren’t the Bates girls only allowed to go to Clown College? None of them have actual useful degrees from an accredited school, do they?

I think Tori was going for a teaching degree. I could be wrong though. I cannot remember what Carlin was getting a degree in. I am just glad the Bates girls went to college, even if it is at Clown College. It is more than the Duggar girls, which really is a low bar.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Lauren said that she didn't have a clue that Josiah was ready to start a courtship with her.  That sounds to me like they hardly know each other and that she has no attraction to him at all.  How could she be totally surprised to learn that he was that interested in her?  This is way too weird.

http://www.tlc.com/tlcme/josiah-duggar-is-courting/?sf180019055=1

Just in that snippet, her personality seems very different from Marjorie's. I get a Josh & Anna 2.0 vibe from these two.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I think both Lauren and Marjorie are attractive, but SiRen is just not ringing true to me at all. I'm getting serious shades of TFDW, and not because I think Si is gay, but because I think he's acting out a script for a life he doesn't want. If he had options, he wouldn't be marrying this girl.

In German you could call them Lausi(g) . Sort of lousy, bad , shitty . But that's a bit too harsh .

1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

So much scripted life for Josiah.

Find a girl, court get married.

Get her pregnant gain more adoration.

Rinse, repeat.

Once upon a time Josiah had high hopes of a real education. Boob stomped all over Josiah learning because he fears his son might someday become successful and move on. The Duggar brand is just that....a brand. You can't deviate from Boob's playbook, no way otherwise your on the street with no skills or education.

What a sad life for Josiah. He found Lauren because he was forced to hurry up and get married. So much lost potential. All that ambition stomped on. 

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

It’s entirely possible to have a mouthful of horsey teeth without the gum ratio. Even those with no bite issues or crooked teeth can look like they could eat an apple through a fence.  Many people feel self conscious about their own gummy smiles. I’m not going to ridicule someone for something they can’t help. Some people look cute with gummy smiles.

Sometimes face shapes just look more severe with a lantern jaw and high cheekbones.  

I think her mouth and teeth suit her overall facial arrangement.  She is a pretty girl

Josiah gives me the creeps. I can’t quite figure out why. He just seems like the type who would express his affection for a girl by leaving a dead mouse on her doorstep because that’s what cats do and he once heard that girls love cats.

Sigh. All these girls are so young. It’s not hard to figure out why; a grown woman with actual life experience or ambition would run screaming from a Duggar boy just like Marjorie did. They have nothing to offer except life under JimBob’s thumb and an occasional appearance on “Counting On.”  Of course, life experience and ambition don’t seem like strong points of the fundie set, so maybe their age doesn’t matter as much as I thought. 

3 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

I fucking loved when he said he found a great friend.  Who the hell calls a girlfriend that?

"Great friend" or "best friend" is the main Duggar phrase for a court-ee/spouse, isn't it? I expect it mostly reflects the fact that in the Gothard cult you're not supposed to have friends? So your partner is your "great" or "best' or whatever friend, and then I guess your children are allowed to call you their "best" or "great" or some kind of friend? And since none of the Duggar kids have ever had any actual friends, and since Josiah's been to Alert about 42 times, I'm thinking that, no matter what his interests may or may not be, at this point, he'll use that language! 

3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

If only he could have figured out at some point that, unless you're chained to a wall, everybody has options. 

3 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

If they were friends for as long as they claimed wouldn't they know each other's likes and dislikes?

You'd think. But on the other hand Meeechelle and Boob have known some of their kids for nearly 30 years, and they don't know any of their likes and dislikes. 

3 hours ago, BetyBee said:

I think Lauren is pretty and that she has a lovely smile.  She's so young.  I hope she's not making the biggest mistake of her life.

She's marrying a Duggar. I'm afraid that usually qualifies. Sooner or later, anyway. 

• Love 1

I guarantee you that Lauren and Sia we're engaged either before they left 4 Australia or right when they got to Australia because of the way that I signed the book Lauren and Josiah.  If they just quote started their courtship why would they have sign the book that way.

Edited by Rabbittron
  • Love 2

Eh – I’m sure they’ll be a usual Duggar couple.  Maybe not as boring at JoeKen and Joy/Aus and maybe a bit more vocal bc Josiah has always been opinionated.  I feel like their marriage won’t be as “satisfying” as JoeKen/JoyAus.  I’ve always said about those 2 couples that all 4 are complete simpletons.  They want nothing more than working on cars/houses to bring home the bacon to their wives who will fry it up and pop out a kid yearly for the next decade.  It’s like they don’t realize that there are options in life, and if you offered them a minor life curveball like – hey you can go live in NYC for a year; or both work office jobs for a year that involve lots of business travel to cool places like London – they’d be like, uh why would anyone want that?

Josiah OTOH DOES realize there are options.  Not even commenting on whether he even wants to marry (a woman), I think once upon a time, he had dreams.  Accounting comes to mind.  He shoved it aside bc no way was that going to be allowed – nor do I think their brand of homeschooling preps anyone to go to UArkansas for an accounting degree.  But still had he fought with JB and pursued it, or even just done “college” the way Ben did it (is doing it?) 1-2 classes at a time and then finished it post marriage when daddy has less control, he could have had that dream.  And now instead here he is at 21, engaged (or if he isn’t they will be this spring), probably married by Sept, and a baby on the way his fall.  Meanwhile other guys his age with that goal are seniors in college, last semester and probably super pumped with their first real job offer at a Big 4 firm or a job like Derick used to have at Walmart. Good luck to him convincing himself for the next 60+ yrs that this is the life he wanted . . . .

I sure hope there are lots more “family friends” in Arkansas with daughters that need to be married off bc that’s the only way the Duggar boys are getting married.  First Kendra and now Lauren.  I think after the whole Josh molestation and then cheating on Anna thing, the “normal” avenues for the Duggar boys to meet fundie women are pretty much closed.  Sure they probably still go to conventions and on missions and maybe fundie girls are even awed by their pudge and their mid 40s looks at age 22, but then when said fundie girls tell their daddies that maybe God is laying it on their heart to that daddy should seek out JB Duggar for a Duggar boy – I think a lot of daddies put a kibosh on it bc they’re thinking – IDK what the hell is happening in that man’s homes when a son is molesting the daughters, cheating on the wife etc.; maybe it’s just that son but I don’t want to take that chance with my daughter after all it’s not like she’s Tabby Paine yet and has to just marry anyone.

Yet for the homegrown family “friends” they see the Duggars more regularly, not just once a year.  Joseph’s father in law and I imagine Josiah’s probably got the sense that Joseph and Josiah aren’t a whole like Josh so maybe the explanation for Josh was Satan did it just to the one son . . . .

For the daughters OTOH the husband train has more potential to keep going bc there will always be losers who need an fundie arranged marriage (i.e. Derick) or worldy men suddenly discovering their fame-whoreness and fundie-ism who are getting off on the idea of banging a virgin (i.e. Jeremy) who may be willing to take on a Duggar daughter.  Plus they may not be as bothered by Josh bc they will be the headships and can take their wife/kids away from her brother . . . .

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

If only he could have figured out at some point that, unless you're chained to a wall, everybody has options. 

This is when I bring up my bi-annual reminder of the Allegory of the Cave. Just because the kidult has been released from the chains of parental indoctrination once they're deemed adult enough to court, it doesn't mean that they will change their behavior. 

• Love 1

My first glance at that pic with Si and Lauren made me think she looked like a mash-up of Jessa & Anna. Then I stared at it for a while trying to figure out who else she reminded me of, until I remembered I had better things to do.

So weird how all those fundy girls look so alike, across so many different families.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, cereality said:

Eh – I’m sure they’ll be a usual Duggar couple.  Maybe not as boring at JoeKen and Joy/Aus and maybe a bit more vocal bc Josiah has always been opinionated.  I feel like their marriage won’t be as “satisfying” as JoeKen/JoyAus.  I’ve always said about those 2 couples that all 4 are complete simpletons.  They want nothing more than working on cars/houses to bring home the bacon to their wives who will fry it up and pop out a kid yearly for the next decade.  It’s like they don’t realize that there are options in life, and if you offered them a minor life curveball like – hey you can go live in NYC for a year; or both work office jobs for a year that involve lots of business travel to cool places like London – they’d be like, uh why would anyone want that?

Josiah OTOH DOES realize there are options.  Not even commenting on whether he even wants to marry (a woman), I think once upon a time, he had dreams.  Accounting comes to mind.  He shoved it aside bc no way was that going to be allowed – nor do I think their brand of homeschooling preps anyone to go to UArkansas for an accounting degree.  But still had he fought with JB and pursued it, or even just done “college” the way Ben did it (is doing it?) 1-2 classes at a time and then finished it post marriage when daddy has less control, he could have had that dream.  And now instead here he is at 21, engaged (or if he isn’t they will be this spring), probably married by Sept, and a baby on the way his fall.  Meanwhile other guys his age with that goal are seniors in college, last semester and probably super pumped with their first real job offer at a Big 4 firm or a job like Derick used to have at Walmart. Good luck to him convincing himself for the next 60+ yrs that this is the life he wanted . . . .

I sure hope there are lots more “family friends” in Arkansas with daughters that need to be married off bc that’s the only way the Duggar boys are getting married.  First Kendra and now Lauren.  I think after the whole Josh molestation and then cheating on Anna thing, the “normal” avenues for the Duggar boys to meet fundie women are pretty much closed.  Sure they probably still go to conventions and on missions and maybe fundie girls are even awed by their pudge and their mid 40s looks at age 22, but then when said fundie girls tell their daddies that maybe God is laying it on their heart to that daddy should seek out JB Duggar for a Duggar boy – I think a lot of daddies put a kibosh on it bc they’re thinking – IDK what the hell is happening in that man’s homes when a son is molesting the daughters, cheating on the wife etc.; maybe it’s just that son but I don’t want to take that chance with my daughter after all it’s not like she’s Tabby Paine yet and has to just marry anyone.

Yet for the homegrown family “friends” they see the Duggars more regularly, not just once a year.  Joseph’s father in law and I imagine Josiah’s probably got the sense that Joseph and Josiah aren’t a whole like Josh so maybe the explanation for Josh was Satan did it just to the one son . . . .

For the daughters OTOH the husband train has more potential to keep going bc there will always be losers who need an fundie arranged marriage (i.e. Derick) or worldy men suddenly discovering their fame-whoreness and fundie-ism who are getting off on the idea of banging a virgin (i.e. Jeremy) who may be willing to take on a Duggar daughter.  Plus they may not be as bothered by Josh bc they will be the headships and can take their wife/kids away from her brother . . . .

I don’t know. I’m willing to bet that Nurie Rodriguez, for instance, would snap up a Duggar boy in a heartbeat. He might be a simplistic, chauvinist asshole, but I imagine he’d at least feed her. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

“I came up behind her at a meal” that’s what I heard!

For some reason, he has always been my least favorite Duggar. The video didn’t change that.

At one time I would have put money on Josiah going mainstream HARD. He was so intelligent in his youth talking heads.  Now, he is so fucking creepy. Stepford Josiah. He is GREAT advertising for the reprogramming centre. 

tenor.gif

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 2