Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

It doesn't look over the top to me. If anything, I think it's almost lacking in the basics, no dishes or towels. And I noticed there's an ice scooper, but no ice bucket. I do think the door knob handles are ugly and pretty much impractical though. Those handles will just take up room and won't lend to stacking or easy storage. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Are they really going to wait until the end of August? A Duggar wedding takes 2-3 days to plan, tops.

If you are being generous. And paying attention to details. Yeah, right. Details ...

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Are they really going to wait until the end of August? A Duggar wedding takes 2-3 days to plan, tops.

Josiah's birthday is August 28, so that date is probably just a placeholder. With typical Duggar timing, this wedding will take place in late May or early June.

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Josiah's birthday is August 28, so that date is probably just a placeholder. With typical Duggar timing, this wedding will take place in late May or early June.

They did the same thing with Joy's list and that resulted in those shot gun wedding rumours .

• Love 3

I like the fact that it seems that Lauren maybe knows how to cook with all the kitchen tools and such on the list.  Hopefully something better than tater tot casserole

Edited by DragonFaerie
Mixed up Lauren and Kendra - need more coffee
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Have we snarked on the outrageous registry...err...Leghumper Gift Grab yet? There are some doozies here.

https://registry.theknot.com/lauren-swanson-josiah-duggar-august-2018/24728057

On 3/5/2018 at 1:54 PM, DragonFaerie said:

I wonder if the Bed, Bath and Beyond registry is closed?  I can't see it.

But I did read elsewhere that Lauren registered for a $600 Kitchen Aid mixer!  And I see someone bought her the $399  mixer instead from Amazon.

I take it Lauren is going with country style theme.

2 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

No. They're using Josiah's birthday as a placeholder. 

• Love 1

We snark on the Duggars for their insane registries, but insane registries seem to be getting more common. For example, this woman I know registered for all these power tools, furniture, electronics, etc. I know people can register for what they want and sometimes the stores give discounts to make it more affordable. But it seems like a lot to ask for what you're asking for a)stuff you won't use that much or b) stuff that $90.00 or more. So this woman has a lot of stuff that costs around 100 bucks and multiple items over 200 dollars.  It wouldn't surprise me if she was a Duggar fan, because her ex's family always reminds me of the Duggars. She also has gift cards on there. 

Si and Lauren have fewer expensive items than this woman. But all those quirky signs. One or two of the better signs would be cute. Do they really need one that says "Toliet"? 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Don't they stick with the tradition of the bride's family being responsible for the wedding? Josh & Anna's wedding was one of the nicer ones because of the Keller's. I didn't watch JoKen, but the pics I've seen look nice. Hopefully between Lauren and Josiah they can have a decent event. He should call TFDW for tips.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Temperance said:

We snark on the Duggars for their insane registries, but insane registries seem to be getting more common. 

I agree. There's really nothing I saw on Lauren's registry that I haven't seen on a dozen others. It doesn't even come close to the level of tacky of Jill's or Jessa's. If we're talking insane registries and no shame, I know a trust fund baby who signed up for a bazillion expensive gifts when she was having her fourth kid by her third husband, then made Daddy's secretary write her thank-you notes for the people who attended her shower. Grifting comes in all class levels, lol.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 4

I am an ex-Mormon and am still friends with a lot of Mormon girls.  We’re mid-20s so wedding mania is in full swing.  That’s not to say some of my more um, basic friends aren’t making giant registries.  The Duggars are TAME compared to some of the girls I know.  One girl from an old math class of mine popped out two kids before getting married and posted some ish about how Baby 2’s birth cost them so much and they work so hard being young parents that they deserved donations for a honeymoon.  Not sure how much they actually got but all four of them went to Aulani Disney Resort on Oahu for a week.  That resort is $600 a night and I, a working professional providing only for myself, would have to sell a kidney before being able to afford that.

• Love 22
On 3/17/2018 at 4:50 PM, tabloidlover said:

Who the hell wants a bathroom sign in book?   Or a couch sign in book?   Waaay too much Kool-Aid for these two.

My sister got me that bathroom guest book as a joke for my birthday one year.  We keep it in our powder room on the main floor and get some really funny entries.  It has a spot to draw a picture and silly questions to rate your experience  The only thing that weirds me out is the pen we keep in there with it--I sanitize that constantly, lol.  

The rest of their registry seems pretty normal compared to the ones I've seen recently.

• Love 8
On 3/17/2018 at 11:49 PM, Temperance said:

Si and Lauren have fewer expensive items than this woman. But all those quirky signs. One or two of the better signs would be cute. Do they really need one that says "Toliet"? 

Maybe the reality of joining TWO SOTDRT families has caught up. And J and L realize that they'll need to label everything so their relatives don't make egregious mistakes in their house.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, bob.loblaw said:

My sister got me that bathroom guest book as a joke for my birthday one year.  We keep it in our powder room on the main floor and get some really funny entries.  It has a spot to draw a picture and silly questions to rate your experience  The only thing that weirds me out is the pen we keep in there with it--I sanitize that constantly, lol.  

The rest of their registry seems pretty normal compared to the ones I've seen recently.

A friend covered the walls of his guest bathroom with chalkboard paint(is that a thing?) so people could leave messages on it!

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

A friend covered the walls of his guest bathroom with chalkboard paint(is that a thing?) so people could leave messages on it!

I painted an old coffee table with chalkboard paint when I was in college. It was just kind of fun to leave ridiculous messages and drawings on it.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I painted an old coffee table with chalkboard paint when I was in college. It was just kind of fun to leave ridiculous messages and drawings on it.

Ooh, I like that idea.  I have a very old coffee table which now lives outside, and I may do that during the no rain months - set it up near the chairs outside and let people write stuff.  For now, I've just used it on the rims of pots to write what's in them.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

Hmm, I looked up Byrd's adventure center and the restaurant is only open friday-sun, March to December.  Weren't they just in Colorado last week? When did they go?

I didn't get any plane alerts yesterday. They could have gone before the Colorado trip. We know that these couples will be featured on that episode, since we know TLC was filming. 

The pics of the restaurant on the Adventure site, show everyone in tshirts and jeans.  Why is Joe wearing a suit and tie for goodness sakes?  

Also mapping from Tonitown to Ozark Arkansas is a whopping 2 hour drive.  

• Love 1
21 hours ago, flyingdi said:

chalkboard paint(is that a thing?)

It was trendy for a very brief period about a decade ago when all the home decorating/remodeling shows on HGTV were pushing it. It never really caught on, though.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Nah, Joe's in the suit at the restaurant and Kendra is in the polka dot dress. 

I meant on the Adventure place site - all the patrons in the restaurant photos are in tshirts and jeans.  I was wondering why Joe decided to wear a suit to a place like that?

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I got an alert that the plane was in action today. Must be nice to fly around on a random Monday to go out to lunch/dinner. 

If I didn't read this thread and know who these men were, I swear, between the pants and the hairlines, these dudes look like AARP members. 

1 hour ago, momofsquid said:

From my perspective the boys have blended into one big balding amorphous blob. I don't know how the wives/fiancees will know which one is theirs.

I think it's weird they all have  ended up with the same balding hairline as they age.  Maybe it's with the styling or lack there of. I know families where the sons have different hair patterns, my cousins included. I guess it's just the luck of the draw with the genes.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, zoomama said:

the guy is nathan bates i believe.

Let's see, engaged heterosexual couple, married heterosexual couple expecting baby, John David and Nathan. . . .  are you Duggs trying to tell us something?

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Vaysh said:

I thought Joe was John David at first but then I spotted the real one. This picture really showcases how badly the Duggar boys are aging. And for heaven's sake Duggars, get your suits fitted. I can't even with that clunky monstrosity Joe is wearing. How can a suit be too tight and too big at the same time?

I did as well.  These ARE the oldest looking youngsters around.

• Love 3

Maybe TLC should have all of the male members (sans Jimblob and Smugger) visit a tailor and a hair salon- sort of like a What Not to Wear makeover.  They can’t possibly be happy with the way they look. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LilJen said:

Let's see, engaged heterosexual couple, married heterosexual couple expecting baby, John David and Nathan. . . .  are you Duggs trying to tell us something?

Please God, no!

Maybe Nathan is using the photo op as a way to let his former lady friend, Ashley in NYC, he’s still single? (I’m so embarrassed that I know this stuff, truly.)

I have always thought (and still do) Nathan & Lawson Bates are so damn hot. As in Teen Beat magazine needs to print posters of them! As in I see them on TV and ask myself “Why aren’t there any guys around here who look like them?” 

I have also always thought “I won’t be surprised when Lawson announces he’s into dudes doesn’t ever get married.” 

• Love 4
On 3/14/2018 at 2:48 PM, Marshmallow Mollie said:

It's so hard to believe Josiah is the same kid who was always dressed up in bright colors and a bow tie. It makes me sad to think why that is. He's like Jinger in reverse. Instead of blossoming, he's wilted.

Well, from watching this happen to several people in fundamentalism........you can't pray away (ie: repress) certain parts of yourself forever.  And when those parts "reappear," it will be a disaster, especially for Lauren & her kids. 

1 hour ago, Bridget said:

Please God, no!

Maybe Nathan is using the photo op as a way to let his former lady friend, Ashley in NYC, he’s still single? (I’m so embarrassed that I know this stuff, truly.)

I have always thought (and still do) Nathan & Lawson Bates are so damn hot. As in Teen Beat magazine needs to print posters of them! As in I see them on TV and ask myself “Why aren’t there any guys around here who look like them?” 

I have also always thought “I won’t be surprised when Lawson announces he’s into dudes doesn’t ever get married.” 

I would totally watch a Lawson + JD "courting" reality show. 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 12