Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

I don't know why a lot of snarkers think that JB has such a huge problem with Jeremy that he would prevent his kids from interacting with the Vuolos.

Jeremy, Ben and Derick were never Gothardites and JB still allowed them to court his daughters. Jeremy and JB are not BFF and disagrees on a lot of things, but I think they tolerate each other. As long as Jeremy is a conservative Christian, I don't think JB makes such a big deal out of it. Also, I don't think JB is as controling with his adult children as a lot of people think.

If Jeremy ever starts talking shit publicly about JB like Derick did, the Vuolos will get banned from the Duggar house.

• Like 20
23 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Oh thank goodness I wasn't the only one who noticed the creepy, possessive hand!

Every single photo he is gripping her arm. Really creepy. 

• Like 18

I realize that Michelle, like all of us, is getting older. But she looks tired in that photo. I know she has willfully embraced the IBLP teachings and shared them with her too many children. I realize she's been heartbroken by Pest being caught and imprisoned. I suspect she is tired of smiling while being in the grip of JBlob. But she looks tired and fragile to me.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 5
  • Useful 4
10 hours ago, awaken said:

Every single photo he is gripping her arm. Really creepy. 

If you want to add an extra layer of creepiness remember he has posed like that with Jana and Johanna. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 14

My dad, who was a really wonderful person, always held on to my mom, or me, or whatever family member was in the picture with him.  I'm not sure why, but it never bothered any of us.  I always thought it was just because he liked his family.  But my dad wasn't creepy about it, and it was not to show who was in "power".  He just wanted everyone in the  picture.  With JB, I always feel that  he wants everyone to know who is in charge.  

• Like 18
1 minute ago, CalicoKitty said:

My dad, who was a really wonderful person, always held on to my mom, or me, or whatever family member was in the picture with him.  I'm not sure why, but it never bothered any of us.  I always thought it was just because he liked his family.  But my dad wasn't creepy about it, and it was not to show who was in "power".  He just wanted everyone in the  picture.  With JB, I always feel that  he wants everyone to know who is in charge.  

JB only does it with women. 

• Like 12
14 hours ago, BetyBee said:

I realize that Michelle, like all of us, is getting older. But she looks tired in that photo. I know she has willfully embraced the IBLP teachings and shared them with her too many children. I realize she's been heartbroken by Pest being caught and imprisoned. I suspect she is tired of smiling while being in the grip of JBlob. But she looks tired and fragile to me.  

I may need a seat in a handbasket but my first and still dominant response to that is "good." Reap what you sow, MEchelle.

• Like 14
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, jcbrown said:

I may need a seat in a handbasket but my first and still dominant response to that is "good." Reap what you sow, MEchelle.

Scoot over in there. 

Only an idiot, or a completely brainwashed cult member, would have thought it was a good idea to have kid after kid (after kid after kid) when they didn't have enough space, food, or time for the kids they already had. 

• Like 17
  • Applause 3
5 hours ago, jcbrown said:

Same here. I've always felt Michelle was either partner or wore the pants in the marriage. 

• Like 9
(edited)
On 5/14/2023 at 3:06 PM, auntieminem said:

From Jinger and James IG it appears Jana is also at Jinger's.

One of the Haight's is getting married on Santa Catalina Island, CA to one of Hilaria's boy pets, Logan Smith.  Their wedding website lists it as today, May 16 at 11:30am.

Of course Elijah is also in CA. Does that guy ever miss attending a fundie wedding???

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 7
  • Useful 4
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

One of the Haight's is getting married on Santa Catalina Island, CA to one of Hilaria's boy pets Logan Smith.  Their wedding website lists it as today, May 16 at 11:30am.

Of course Elijah is also in CA. Does that guy ever miss attending a fundie wedding???

Made Haight-Ashbury come to mind, and then I chuckled. 😁

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

i see at least two duggar looking guys inn the picture but i dont know how to mark the picture to locate them for ya'll.  one is right above the grooms bent knee with a big lei around his neck and one is way in the back on the left side of the photo next to the guy looking down at his phone wearing a greenish yellow shirt.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, AstridM said:

I’m not a cruise person, but isn’t Carnival known for being the trashy, boozy, party cruise line?

I had some family members go on a Carnival Cruise last week and one of them was complaining because "it's not a place for Christians."  I wanted to yell, "IT'S A CARNIVAL CRUISE!  WHAT DID YOU EXPECT?" 

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Like 1
  • LOL 22
On 5/19/2023 at 2:33 PM, zoomama said:

with a big lei around his neck

Enjoy that, James, as it's the only "lei" you'll be getting.

I’m not a cruise person, but isn’t Carnival known for being the trashy, boozy, party cruise line?

Some friends dragged me out for a three-day on Carnival and may I say never again.  It's a low budget cruise so that's the type of clientele it attracts.  Picture Black Friday crowds/mentality on a ship.  Buffet lines were a stampede as if everyone hadn't eaten in a month.  Manners were left on land.  It was Animal House for adults.  And then, at 4AM on our first full day at sea, a man (RIP) fell overboard (or was pushed over by a pissed off girlfriend...that was never verified) and the ship sat in place in the ocean for hours until the investigation was complete.  People were heard to say on the elevator,"This is such an inconvenience!  We're going to be late for our excursion we have booked in Nassau."  Good Lord, a man DIED here, folks.  And may I repeat....never again. 

• Like 8
  • Mind Blown 6
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 7
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Angeltoes said:

Some friends dragged me out for a three-day on Carnival and may I say never again.  It's a low budget cruise so that's the type of clientele it attracts.  Picture Black Friday crowds/mentality on a ship.  Buffet lines were a stampede as if everyone hadn't eaten in a month.  Manners were left on land.  It was Animal House for adults.  And then, at 4AM on our first full day at sea, a man (RIP) fell overboard (or was pushed over by a pissed off girlfriend...that was never verified) and the ship sat in place in the ocean for hours until the investigation was complete.  People were heard to say on the elevator,"This is such an inconvenience!  We're going to be late for our excursion we have booked in Nassau."  Good Lord, a man DIED here, folks.  And may I repeat....never again. 

There must’ve been a lot of “Nike” for incel chuds like James. JB allowed them to go on this cruise?

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
21 hours ago, Angeltoes said:

I've been on a number of cruises, but never Carnival and this is why.  But even cruising on better lines, there is always the chance you are going to run into someone who gets obnoxious drunk and makes a scene.  I remember one cruise where they finally put a woman off the ship in San Juan because she was harassing other passengers and even performers.  

Looking at the picture, it's clear that whoever this couple is, they don't subscribe to the Gothard modesty rules.  I did laugh at Elijah describing the cruise as crazy.  I doubt he realizes how crazy people outside his little group got.

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
5 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

Did Jana really go on the cruise? If so I wonder what she thinks of all the men wearing only shorts. Surely there's some cute ones for her to notice.

Yup. She's in the group picture that Elijah posted. Nike! 😂

• LOL 3

Dave and Pris posted pictures of them staying in their stateroom reading the Bible when they went on a cruise.  I guess they just came out to eat.  I wonder how many of this group have become more "worldly" and participated in activities.  A Carnival Cruise can be pretty lively in ways they are not used to.

• Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1

James released a video of him and Elijah skiing in Switzerland. This was when they were on their trip to Italy.  I wonder if it was posted now as a distraction. Is the cruise over?  

The scenery is beautiful. His narration is inarticulate as usual (thanks to dugs homeschooling).  All these trips with so little work, JB really has a hold on all the boys. 

Here it is. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 6

Since the Duggars no longer appear on TV they don't really need distraction posts any longer. Their best defense is to just lay low and not post. The minute any post goes up gives haters an opportunity to publicly share their opinions of the family.

James seems to be an odd duck, with a mind of his own. Who knows if he's thinking about the upcoming docuseries, or what his opinions about it are.

After the Derick debacle it seems JB has given his kids some type of pay out once the reach adulthood. James could be recklessly spending that money or spending money he's made working for Jason.

• Like 8
  • Useful 3
(edited)
13 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Dave and Pris posted pictures of them staying in their stateroom reading the Bible when they went on a cruise.  I guess they just came out to eat.  I wonder how many of this group have become more "worldly" and participated in activities.  A Carnival Cruise can be pretty lively in ways they are not used to.

At a logical level, I don't understand why these people would go on a cruise if it meant they needed to hide in their cabins to prevent spraining their necks from whipping their heads around and judging everyone so hard if they dared to venture out amongst the heathens.  On a petty level, I am hoping to try my first cruise in a couple of years, after having saved up enough money where I'm comfortable using it for a trip.  But these people?

Cruises.  The Swiss Alps.  Italy.  Australia.  China.  And the other 78 yearly vacations around the continental USA they seem to take constantly.  The majority of us don't have the means to do this, so how can it be that some has-been, Z-list disgraced reality stars can zip around the world on a whim?  It hurts my brain and it ticks me off, because deep down I assume they only go for the social media aspect and so they can say they've gone, and not because they've studied the area and wanted to go for the history, or the art, or because they really want to experience a culture other than their own.

/rant

EDIT: @GeeGolly might have answered part of my question but if JB did give his kids a payout, they have to know that blowing through that money means they're not going to get any more, right?  It's not as if JB's pockets are as deep as they once were, and will likely never be again.  

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 14
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I do think the kids know the pay out is a one shot deal. It seems some of them, maybe most, have used the money wisely. It also seems James hasn't. Not too surprising to see a young kid spend money foolishly though.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I do think the kids know the pay out is a one shot deal. It seems some of them, maybe most, have used the money wisely. It also seems James hasn't. Not too surprising to see a young kid spend money foolishly though.

Maybe that's JB's plan to keep James under his thumb. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
23 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Since the Duggars no longer appear on TV they don't really need distraction posts any longer. Their best defense is to just lay low and not post. The minute any post goes up gives haters an opportunity to publicly share their opinions of the family.

I'd agree, but I suspect that at least some of the Duggars think that some sort of counter-programming - see? We joined the IBLP and now we're wealthy enough to go to Italy and Israel and go on a cruise in the same year! Pay no attention to those evil Amazon people over there - just watch how successful we are!

Meanwhile, over here, I'm noticing that apart from the skiing part, none of this is exactly luxury travel - Carnival is one of the cheaper cruise lines, and they went to Italy and Israel during the cheaper off season and ate some of their meals at McDonalds. It's not that great of an argument for wow, look at how successful we are, even leaving aside the tiny issue that posting about all this has, as you correctly note, generated some significant negative feedback.

And, more importantly, at least two of the Duggarlings have felt the need to flee social media completely; most of the older Duggarlings are visibly choosing to have fewer children than their parents did - not exactly a great advertisement for the Quiverfull lifestyle there; and oh, yes, that tiny, tiny, pesky little problem that the oldest son is in federal prison.

• Like 9
  • Useful 2

I don't see the Duggars are as calculating as some thinks. I don't think their posts on SM is to distract from the documentary, book or Josh. I think they are mostly just living their lives. Of course, some of them like Joy and Jessa post to make money, but I don't think it's a big plan to make everyone forget about all the scandals.

• Like 12

In the past Duggars did have a PR person to manage stuff when the Josh stuff came out. Mike Huckabee's advisor, Chad Gallagher.  He has a consulting company.  At one time he was managing their social media. So at one point they were manipulating social media to distract and to try to skew perceptions.  I don't know if Chad Gallagher is still working with them. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 5

I think they used to try to post to distract more than they do now. Mainly because I think after the trial they learned that the distraction thing doesn't usually work because most people see through it. I am not sure their takeaway from it would have been most people's takeaway from the experience, but I think they for the most part aren't as interested in being roasted and eaten alive in comments for every post. So, it limited social media a lot for them. 

I think the ones who still post now do so because of some combo of trying to make money off monetization, oversharing being normalized in their family, and seeking attention/affirmation from the devotees who are left. 

• Like 10