Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

39 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jessa reminds us that Jana is AMAZINGLY doing her thing. 

What would be cool is if Jana has a special garden growing weed  - for medical reason of course. None for Michelle.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 17
4 hours ago, Genevrier said:

Free at Last

If Jana ever gets her own thread I think that for now it should be titled "Jana Lisa" (or "Mona Jana") because she is just as mysterious as the smiling lady in the painting.

Edited by Bayarea4
to add something.
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, pinesol said:

Odd that Caleb is the only one who didn’t deny a relationship—Only apologized for his underwear.

Maybe he's the polite and mature one. Who doesn't see the need to yell, "Ewwww!! Cooties!!" if somebody he doesn't know suggests that he's linked to a person he isn't actually linked to or even to a person he justifiably feels is a horrible bitch. After all, the stuff that Duggar "fans" say and that then gets picked up in gossip rags doesn't actually affect anybody. And it'll vanish in a couple of weeks or so if there's no "announcement" or whatever. 

10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jana built Izzy and Spurge? 

• Love 12

In yesterday's NY Post there is a picture Tim Tebow with Savannah Chrisley from Chrisley knows best. They confirm they are dating. Apparently, she likes dating athletes, and has been a busy girl this year and has dated and dropped 4 of them. She broke up with the last because he cheated. She states she is a woman of faith. They look good together. Savannah's beautiful, girl with a bubbly personality If anyone has watched her show, there's always lots of drama with the crazy father, but most of it is harmless. She's good arm candy. In my mind I tried to substitute Jana with her sweet smile. dowdy clothes, demure countenance and there's no comparison. Savannah knows how to work the room

• Love 5
On 9/28/2017 at 10:13 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Jessa must be getting pressure from Boob to sell off Jana. And she might get a percentage of the brokerage fee.

((Pssstt...Jessa.......Listen up....get Jana to ditch the "skirt under a dress" thing. Complete turn-off.))

Edited by drafan
  • Love 9
34 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

It sounds to me like Jessa is trying to stay on Jana's good side so she can keep getting free babysitting. There's a lot of married daughters competing for the last J'Slave these days.

Jessa needs to keep those Couple Dates going, and all her other date nights, which couldn't possibly include single Jana.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

It sounds to me like Jessa is trying to stay on Jana's good side so she can keep getting free babysitting. There's a lot of married daughters competing for the last J'Slave these days.

Poor Jana can't even enjoy her garden in peace. Seems like Jill, Jessa, and Anna keep using it as a dumping ground for their kids.

• Love 15

I can't believe how heartless these guys are! I had a similar thing happen once, on my birthday. I had just gotten out of a bad relationship, and was nowhere near healed, but my partnered friend insisted on bringing this guy along who had a crush on her to be my "date." I really didn't want it, but whatever. When he showed up, he was not my type at all, and I'm guessing I wasn't his. He spent the whole evening sneering in disgust and acting like I was about to rape him if I just politely asked a question. He was also ogling the friend. Obviously we weren't a match, which was fine! I still had a great time with my friends. That night, though, he bothered to send me a Facebook message explicitly stating that he was not at all interested in me. Wtf??!! I was in my early twenties, but knowing some women are sensitive about being single on birthdays, that was an incredibly douchey thing to do! I didn't intend to contact him ever, so he could have done the same and just let it go!

a year later, this same "friend" invited my boyfriend over to her apartment while she wore a see-through shirt. We are not friends today!

the sad thing is, Jana won't go on to have a regular boyfriend in a year. Every rejection to her has got to feel like the end of the world! Even if she's not interested in them, it does suck epically to hear a guy who would probably be interested in some of your friends or family members spout off about how much he is not attracted to you. 

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Every rejection to her has got to feel like the end of the world! Even if she's not interested in them, it does suck epically to hear a guy who would probably be interested in some of your friends or family members spout off about how much he is not attracted to you. 

Exactly and for them to say it in a tone like "Ewwwww, no! I wouldn't be caught dead with that loser!" is just beyond the pale. It sucks for anyone to be treated like that, but when you're part of a cult where women have no value unless they're married and breeding, it has to sting even worse. It's like Jana's become the punchline of a long running joke, and even Jessa's disingenuous sympathy compliments on social media can't make it better.

• Love 15

I wish a nice young conservative Christian doctor would take an interest in Jana, and she would run away with him! Hotter than Jeremy, with money, and a career that he has no intention of giving up just because women are in the workforce. I would LOVE to see the envy from everybody else! They could have two kids and Jana could laugh at the rest of them all day from the comfort of the country club. 

• Love 20
2 hours ago, Christina87 said:

the sad thing is, Jana won't go on to have a regular boyfriend in a year. Every rejection to her has got to feel like the end of the world! Even if she's not interested in them, it does suck epically to hear a guy who would probably be interested in some of your friends or family members spout off about how much he is not attracted to you. 

Although I'm not sure she didn't reject them first. It's possible JB asked if she wanted to get to know one of them (in preparation for a courtship) and she said no.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Although I'm not sure she didn't reject them first. It's possible JB asked if she wanted to get to know one of them (in preparation for a courtship) and she said no.

Can Jana even have an account on social media since she's a female and not married?

• Love 1

The problem with that of course, is that any educated doctor/vet with money isn’t going to be interested in someone of Jana’s limited education and experience unless he’s the same kind of controlling creep many here accuse Jeremy of being.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

He could be a doctor who's also handy. Or he could just encourage Jana in her own handiness.

Orthopedic surgeon weild hammers and screwdrivers!  I worked in the OR taking x-rays during hip/knee/spine, etc, surgeries.  These doctors act almost like carpenters!

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, louannems said:

Orthopedic surgeon weild hammers and screwdrivers!  I worked in the OR taking x-rays during hip/knee/spine, etc, surgeries.  These doctors act almost like carpenters!

Indeed! Orthopedic surgery isn't for the faint of heart.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

She wants someone who works with his hands (like in building things). 

I'm an OB/GYN and I work with my hands all day long!  She can marry any sort of surgeon, we all work with our hands.

I've had both a hip and knee replacement and will second the notion that orthopods are glorified carpenters; it's all about hammering, nailing and sawing stuff.  Before my hip replacement, which was done with a spinal anesthetic (my choice), I reminded the anesthesiologist that I didn't want to be hearing any of that 'carpentry shit' and to make sure I got plenty of sedation.  At one point, I recall being awake and commenting on the power tools being used.  He looked at me and said 'Oh crap! You're awake!'  Last thing I remember until the recovery room.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 22
7 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I'm an OB/GYN and I work with my hands all day long!  She can marry any sort of surgeon, we all work with our hands.

I've had both a hip and knee replacement and will second the notion that orthopods are glorified carpenters; it's all about hammering, nailing and sawing stuff.  Before my hip replacement, which was done with a spinal anesthetic (my choice), I reminded the anesthesiologist that I didn't want to be hearing any of that 'carpentry shit' and to make sure I got plenty of sedation.  At one point, I recall being awake and commenting on the power tools being used.  He looked at me and said 'Oh crap! You're awake!'  Last thing I remember until the recovery room.

doodlebug I had hip replacement surgery and the spinal anesthetic and sedation too.  I don't remember any of it except the surgeon said he heard some "interesting" words come out of my mouth during the procedure.  He said he told the operating room crew that I was really a "nice lady".  We all laughed about it.  They tried to explain to me what was going on and I put my fingers in my ears and said lalalalalala.  I had a list of questions beforehand and got my answers so didn't need any more information!!!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, TresGatos said:

Color me shocked!! Virginia Woolf NEVER thought of such a thing 100 years ago. . . <rolls eyes>

(I hope she has it fully soundproofed and can lock & bolt it to keep out the overly demanding family members when needed.)

Edited by LilJen
  • Love 7

I woke up when I had my wisdom teeth out this summer, and when they originally put me to sleep, it happened so fast. Suddenly the doctor was saying, "hit it! Hit it again!" I felt someone banging the s*** out of my tooth hahahahahaha! In my delusional state, I thought I hadn't yet been to sleep. I decided to try to say, "hey, I haven't been to sleep yet!" Somehow it came out like, "uhhhhhh," and suddenly all the hands were out of my mouth, and I don't remember anything after that. 

Hahahahaha surgery can be really funny sometimes! "Hit it! Hit it again!"

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 6

I just hope whoever she ends up with keeps encouraging her to have hobbies that keep her from having to live in the kitchen with a baby on her boob. She actually seems genuinely happy in her garden and it’s refreshig to see a Duggar girl outside and not attached to the hip of a man/“buddy”. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, louannems said:

It does seem so staged though.

Everything is staged with this family.  But it really feels they're focusing on marketing Jana for a husband now, and a little less - look Jana isn't Cinderella, she actually leaves the house. 

And I really hope she installs floor to ceiling blinds and closes them when the howlers stick thief noses up against the glass and make pig faces. Blinds down, iPod on, serenity.  Maybe she can get a little futon and sleep there at night instead sharing a bed with Josie. I'm sure Josie kicks and pulls all night long.  Add a nice oil diffuser, some lemonade, and maybe a cute little pink flask of vodka - she can tell the morons it's a special concoction for her lady's time of the month.  

• Love 17

I do not think Jana has any desire for a marriage or a family of her own.  She has what she wants even if we do not understand it.  I think she is quite happy.  And I think she loves taking care of her siblings, oddly enough.  I think she does it because she wants to, not because she has to.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Jellybeans said:

I do not think Jana has any desire for a marriage or a family of her own.  She has what she wants even if we do not understand it.  I think she is quite happy.  And I think she loves taking care of her siblings, oddly enough.  I think she does it because she wants to, not because she has to.

I agree. While it might not be what others have chosen I think Jana finds a lot of freedom in her life compared to being married to someone like Derrick. Not to say she won't ever get married or have any children, but I think she enjoys running the TTH. The Little's respect and love her, and she still has JD. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I agree. While it might not be what others have chosen I think Jana finds a lot of freedom in her life compared to being married to someone like Derrick. Not to say she won't ever get married or have any children, but I think she enjoys running the TTH. The Little's respect and love her, and she still has JD. 

There is a LOT of freedom when you are single.  :-)

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:

While I'm not fully convinced yet, I don't disagree with this, either. At this point, I think it's a fair assumption to say that Jana is, at the very least, content with her life, and any desire for marriage and kids is more theoretical than anything else at this point. Because if she really were unhappy, she would have easily been long married by now. Pickiness is smart, no doubt, but I have to wonder how much of that pickiness is just masking a lack of desire for marriage (I always called myself picky--which I am--before it really hit me that I just had zero interest in marriage, so I'm projecting, here), because in her world, where being a wife and mother is the only ambition she's allowed, it's just odd that she wouldn't have met anyone that she'd consider marrying. There's no doubt that plenty of men have been interested.

There's a whole lot of possible reasons that likely intersect:

1) She's not that romantic, falling desperately in love/lust type like Jill and Jinger, so she thinks a lot more about the ramifications of marrying a particular suitor in a way that I doubt those two did;

2) She's also not the pragmatic Jessa, who wanted to be married so went for the first guy she liked who met all her requirements for a husband (too bad financial independence wasn't on that list). 

3) She clearly hates being on the show, so any man who's eager to be part of it turns her off on a subconscious level.

4)She's got a good deal going now...a large house she runs without the financial responsibility and freedom to do what she wants (wants that have been molded by her upbringing, of course, but how to separate the two at this point?) except avoiding the cameras, and no potential suitor has been able to match that. Why go live with a stranger she'd have to answer to when she's got a comfortable, familiar gig?

On top of all that, I think she had a courtship go bad-JB didn't approve?-that probably soured her on the whole thing. 

In short, if Jana wanted to be married by now, she would be. 

• Love 10

I think that both Jana and JD are very shy and introverted, and it would take time and effort to get to know them well. Since no one is allowed more than a passing "hello" without initiating a "courtship" and, therefore, an eventual marriage, I just don't see how either could really develop any sort of relationship.

I also don't think that the relationships of Josh, Jill, and Jessa are anything to envy, and I can't see them pining after what they have -- it's too early to tell with Jinger and Joe.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Jellybeans said:

1 hour ago, louannems said:

Also, we lose freedom after adding babies in the mix.

That's funny this topic came up.  My BIL was just telling me about a conversation he had with my nephew regarding the difference between dating and marriage.  Nephew has  been dating his girlfriend for years and I'm sure will end up married just not sure when. BIL reminded him once they get married & the reality sets it, life will not be the same as when they were dating so you better be ready.  I'm not sure any of the Dugadults were ready for marriage except to use it as an escape.

I love Jana's She Shed.  

• Love 5

I think Jana is in place. She doesn't miss what she has never had....an actual life, freedom to leave the house and go shopping, to the library, out for a coffee or lunch BY HERSELF...develop any real interest or hobbies that she can do AWAY from the TTH. So, she's conditioned in to this lifestyle and that's what she knows. Still sad for her as she has been robbed of her own life. One's 'own life' doesn't have to include sinful, radical, wild things.  There was a photo on their family website showing about a 10 year old Jana photographed with JB at Silver Dollar City...Josiah was in an umbrella stroller, next to Jana in the photo. We all know that Jana was pushing that stroller and was completely responsible for that boy. Goes to show you, this IS ALL she knows.

• Love 14
5 hours ago, Jellybeans said:

Yes, if you have your own place, your own money, and you don't have to raise a passel of your siblings because your parents are too checked out / obsessed with their own grandeur to raise them.

• Love 14