Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I'm trying to picture a 21 yr old going to a pizza buffet with his parents for his birthday. Lame, lame, lame. 

The older Duggars are on social media. Surely they see in their feeds sincere birthday posts, like Mama Bates does for her kids. The Duggar formula can't be lost on them. 

To be brought up in a home where you're supposed to stifle any resentment has be hard enough when you are isolated from the world, but it must be especially conflicting as an "adult" with more exposure to other families.

Jessa is on SM and posts the exact same sanctimonious nonsense that her parents do. Possibly hers is worse.

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, latetotheparty said:

That's one of the most depressed-looking birthday boys I've ever seen. And who can blame him m?

With all those kids you have to wonder if any of the boys, I say boys because the girls had Jill the snitch, ever went up to another one and whispered, like my siblings did, "I gotta get the hell out of here. If you want to come meet me in my room at 12." I mean, come on, didnt everyone sneak out one time?

• Love 3

I grew up on CiCi's; im telling too much about myself here but it started in my hometown. My moms pregnancy craving was CiCi's, during each of her pregnancies she ate at CiCi's religiously every Friday lol. We used to eat there at least twice a month as kids, the children's buffet back then was only 99¢. It's a super affordable way to feed a family, and you can even get custom fresh pizzas made (getting a deep dish supreme with extra sauce and extra cheese was my JAM back in the day) no extra cost. 

That being said I haven't been back in YEARS; it no longer agrees with my "bougie" adult taste buds, it's extremely salty but flavorless, if that makes sense. It doesn't agree with my adult metabolism either, all of that cheap bread and cheese binds my intestines for DAYS. Quality over quantity is the name of the game these days. 

Seeing Siah at CiCi's made me feel a mixture of nostalgia and nausea deep in the pit of my stomach. 

• Love 8

He looks happy to be celebrating the big 21...my dad had to fireman lift me home as he & my mum had got me so drunk at my party I could not walk (classy) but every single one of the pictures that night including one of me slung over his shoulder my face was biggest brightest smile on it.

• Love 6

Looks like Josiah got some hours in the small Duggar plane this afternoon. Just flying from place to place (they're podunk) with no real plan. 

Happy birthday. You get to fly the small plane once you're certified. 

20 hours ago, Temperance said:

The commercial's for Cici's are on all the time here, but I've never gone.

The only one of the seven deadly sins some people (like JB and Michelle) seem to worry about is lust outside of a heterosexual marriage. 

Well that's not quite true.  They worry about all kinds of lust except if you're married to "your best friend". And you better make sure it's the opposite sex.  Dancing, hugging, hand holding leads to all kinds of lustful thoughts.

• Love 2

Josiah seems to be aware that this is a really sad ass way to spend your 21st birthday.

There's nothing wrong with celebrating your birthday without booze or sex, but it would really be nice to see one of them celebrate with friends. Of course there is no way a group of young men would be allowed to go out for pizza without a gaggle of minders.

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

Josiah seems to be aware that this is a really sad ass way to spend your 21st birthday.

There's nothing wrong with celebrating your birthday without booze or sex, but it would really be nice to see one of them celebrate with friends. Of course there is no way a group of young men would be allowed to go out for pizza without a gaggle of minders.

Eating his feelings. 

• Love 9
33 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

If they are going to Texas to "help" my guess is they are bringing bibles.  Because people who have lost literally EVERYTHING need to have a bible to read .  Then Jesus will provide everything else!

Excuse me, I believe they will also be bringing dum-dums and nail polish. Priorities, you know.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

If they are going to Texas to "help" my guess is they are bringing bibles.  Because people who have lost literally EVERYTHING need to have a bible to read .  Then Jesus will provide everything else!

This might be true. We had JWs coming 'door-to-door' twice after the tornado. The first time, before our condemned house was removed and were going through debris, we didn't even have a front door for them to knock on and the second time we were living in a trailer on our property. The second time I was a little less nice.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

If they arrive it will be strictly for photo shoots &  their "show".  The people suffering will merely be used as props. Bibles and/ or tracts will be handed out. They will look smug at the "charity" they did.  Hey y'all we did something!

• Love 8

Ok hold on... I got this one... No soda Jim Boob?? Cheap!! Is that actual fruit in Boob's bowl?!? We know he won't eat it. What is Josiah eating?!?! No wonder his ugly face is so broken out. Michelle looks hunched over, is wearing a jean shirt... 3 unused plates just sitting there!! Does that brick look like it has a black eye to anyone else??  Josiah does not have his napkin on his lap. These losers probably don't know what to do with it because it's not paper. Bland, fried, food. No wonder they are all so awful looking. Who is the extra glass of water for?! Wearing a hat indoors!? Is that a huge cup of ranch?!? Look how the light is hitting Michelle from the blinds. Bitch thinks she is saintly or something. No salsa for the chips?!  Aaaand Josie might be there under the table lisping and sucking on sugar packets. 

• Love 6

Ugh, do these male headships in Gothard always eat like that? No greens or fruit? They expect to have 20 kids and wives that don't work, and then eat like that and don't expect to have heart attacks and die and leave their army of God to fend for Themselves? 

I'm amazed only Josh has blown up like a balloon, really!

Edited by Baby Button Eyes
  • Love 4
45 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

Fish n chips, guvnah.

Yessssssss!

That's not fish n chips, mate. First of all, too exotic for Jim Boob's plebeian palate.

That's more like chicken fried snake, what I call the Southern delicacy otherwise known as chicken fried steak.. 

• Love 3
On 9/1/2017 at 2:22 AM, Temperance said:

I would probably eat that. It looks better than the pizza. 

I don't know if I would order whatever he has, but I looked at their menu, I'm weird like that, and I'd order quite a few different items. Much like my nephews, all three around Siah's age, one slightly older and two slightly younger, it looks like he's ordered fries and mashed potatoes. I'll never get that one, but I'm not a 21 year old guy. 

• Love 2
On 8/31/2017 at 1:28 PM, queenanne said:

I thought pesto.

I'm pretty sure that's what Cici's spinach pizza looks like. I had some a couple of months ago. .... Don't know that they have any with pesto, although I didn't try to special order.  Kind of doubt the Cici's I attended has pesto, though. I recently saw one of those "here's what we learned from social media" graphics on "the most hated food in each state" and "pesto" was Ohio's most hated food! ..... It's nearly my favorite food -- right up there with sushi -- so I guess it's a good thing that I'm now only an occasional short-term visitor and not even a part-time resident. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I'm pretty sure that's what Cici's spinach pizza looks like. I had some a couple of months ago. .... Don't know that they have any with pesto, although I didn't try to special order.  Kind of doubt the Cici's I attended has pesto, though. I recently saw one of those "here's what we learned from social media" graphics on "the most hated food in each state" and "pesto" was Ohio's most hated food! ..... It's nearly my favorite food -- right up there with sushi -- so I guess it's a good thing that I'm now only an occasional short-term visitor and not even a part-time resident. 

I saw that list too, and I was surprised at the Ohio pesto thing. I've lived in Ohio my entire life, outside of Cleveland, next county over, and while I don't care for pesto, I see it everywhere. Someone must be eating it. It could be Cleveland has a sizable Italian community though and it does seem the farther you get from Cleveland in any direction in the state, the more Italian the local Olive Garden gets. We had our Christmas party at a Buca Di Beppo last year, shut up, I literally found out not only was I in charge of planning it on Dec 7,  I had to have it in the works for the next Friday, and the person helping me plan it in Columbus seemed to think most of the food options were super exotic and didn't know what any of them were beyond the standards.

Now I'm trying to picture Jinger meeting my giant Italian family. Let's be honest, Jeremy's family is Italian, but his family seems more genteel than my loud family. Hell, even my sister's ex-husband was a bit shell shocked the first time he met the whole extended group, all the uncles on my grandfather's side, and he came away feeling like he had just stepped in a live Sopranos episode, and he knew there were actual "family" connections. 

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

I saw that list too, and I was surprised at the Ohio pesto thing. I've lived in Ohio my entire life, outside of Cleveland, next county over, and while I don't care for pesto, I see it everywhere. Someone must be eating it. It could be Cleveland has a sizable Italian community though and it does seem the farther you get from Cleveland in any direction in the state, the more Italian the local Olive Garden gets. We had our Christmas party at a Buca Di Beppo last year, shut up, I literally found out not only was I in charge of planning it on Dec 7,  I had to have it in the works for the next Friday, and the person helping me plan it in Columbus seemed to think most of the food options were super exotic and didn't know what any of them were beyond the standards.

Now I'm trying to picture Jinger meeting my giant Italian family. Let's be honest, Jeremy's family is Italian, but his family seems more genteel than my loud family. Hell, even my sister's ex-husband was a bit shell shocked the first time he met the whole extended group, all the uncles on my grandfather's side, and he came away feeling like he had just stepped in a live Sopranos episode, and he knew there were actual "family" connections. 

Yeah, I thought the pesto thing was weird, too. .... I'm from a medium-sized urban area in the northern part of the state, and as far as I know there have been large Italian communities in all those areas since at least the turn of the 20th century and in many cases before. And most of the Italian families I know in Ohio still keep up lot of great food traditions. But I guess there are a lot of parts of the state where that isn't true -- ...

Plus, I always think that majorities pretty much control trends of all kinds, even when the majorities are slim ones. So I guess there must be a bland-food majority overall.....Must be, if Buca Di Beppo seems exotic...............Either that, or some crazy anti-pesto meme took off around the time of that survey and swamped the results. ... Like -- Auntie Pesto is the name of Pepe the frog's new archenemy or something ... 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Yeah, I thought the pesto thing was weird, too. .... I'm from a medium-sized urban area in the northern part of the state, and as far as I know there have been large Italian communities in all those areas since at least the turn of the 20th century and in many cases before. And most of the Italian families I know in Ohio still keep up lot of great food traditions. But I guess there are a lot of parts of the state where that isn't true -- ...

Plus, I always think that majorities pretty much control trends of all kinds, even when the majorities are slim ones. So I guess there must be a bland-food majority overall.....Must be, if Buca Di Beppo seems exotic...............Either that, or some crazy anti-pesto meme took off around the time of that survey and swamped the results. ... Like -- Auntie Pesto is the name of Pepe the frog's new archenemy or something ... 

I'm from Cleveland, too, huge Italian-American community here and plenty of options for Italian food including pesto.  I am also not fond of it. but it is certainly common 'round these parts, virtually every Italian restaurant has multiple pesto dishes.  Not Italian myself, but know my way around Little Italy and actually attended the Feast at St. Rocco's just last night.  I can only imagine it is the smaller, more rural communities in southern Ohio where pesto would be considered a 'weird' ingredient.

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

most-hated-foods-in-each-state-hater-dat

59720590b4ec012d008b4acb-1536-1152.jpg

The surveys might not be all that accurate.

Ya think?   lol

On the other hand, my current home hates turkey bacon and the idea that everyone has a soulmate. And that's right on the money, for me.  And Arkansas hates cilantro and -- wait for it -- "cleaning"! .... 

Now if that doesn't sound like the Duggars, I don't know what does. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

I'm from Cleveland, too, huge Italian-American community here and plenty of options for Italian food including pesto.  I am also not fond of it. but it is certainly common 'round these parts, virtually every Italian restaurant has multiple pesto dishes.  Not Italian myself, but know my way around Little Italy and actually attended the Feast at St. Rocco's just last night.  I can only imagine it is the smaller, more rural communities in southern Ohio where pesto would be considered a 'weird' ingredient.

You would have laughed at the Christmas party I planned. Like I said, the person helping me was from our Columbus office and she didn't know what half the things on the list of menu choices were. Then when we were actually at the dinner, the Cleveland contingent were all well versed in the foods served, but the Columbus crew, not so much. I will say the Columbus people are pretty "country" for Ohio, but I didn't realize things like calamari, cannoli, and chicken piccata were exotic. Even better was the person helping me had a farmer father and is all about beef, but she practically panicked when I mentioned veal parm. 

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

You would have laughed at the Christmas party I planned. Like I said, the person helping me was from our Columbus office and she didn't know what half the things on the list of menu choices were. Then when we were actually at the dinner, the Cleveland contingent were all well versed in the foods served, but the Columbus crew, not so much. I will say the Columbus people are pretty "country" for Ohio, but I didn't realize things like calamari, cannoli, and chicken piccata were exotic. Even better was the person helping me had a farmer father and is all about beef, but she practically panicked when I mentioned veal parm. 

Having lived in Columbus for 11 years(undergrad, med school and residency), I don't doubt it. Despite the university, there's not a lot of cultural diversity and a lot of folks are rather unsophisticated. For a goodly portion of the population, Olive Garden and Domino's are their only experience with Italian food.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 3
On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 11:23 PM, cmr2014 said:

And if Josiah is such "a wise, strong man of God" according to his parents, then why can't they trust him out of their sight for a few hours without a minder?

• Love 21
28 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Having lived in Columbus for 11 years(undergrad, med school and residency), I don't doubt it. Despite the university, there's not a lot of cultural diversity and a lot of folks are rather unsophisticated. For a goodly portion of the population, Olive Garden and Domino's are their only experience with Italian food.

My daughter is at OSU. Columbus seems better than this now, but not a whole lot. The Short North has some good spots. 

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Beth64 said:

My daughter is at OSU. Columbus seems better than this now, but not a whole lot. The Short North has some good spots. 

Oh yes, in general, the University area has always been more diverse; it's the rest of the city and it's neighborhoods and suburbs that are 'white bread heaven' as we used to say.  Columbus has always been a hotbed of WASP's as well as the immigrants from the small towns/rural areas of southern Ohio, West Virginia and Kentucky; not much diversity; racially, culturally or ethnically.  It's better now, but still miles behind Cleveland, Cincinnati and other 'real' cities; the world's biggest small town.

Congrats  to your daughter attending THE Ohio State University!  My alma mater x 2.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 3