Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

Austin was wearing a Fort Rock Tshirt in the clip we saw last nite so I figured there was a connection. 

I was hoping Joys Texas necklace wasn't a bridesmaid gift from Jinge.  Who gives a friend a necklace of a state that has no importance to the recipient?  It's one thing if Jinge wants to wear a Texas necklace but why would anyone else want one?  

MEchelle ain't fooling anyone with that apron.  How old is JB's shirt?

I suffered thru most of the Wallers visiting Fort Rock video.  Poor Pris, that girl really needs some serious help. 

• Love 4

It doesn't matter how many times I see JimDick blatantly pimp his family "tune in to see more of Austin and JoyJoy's courtship on TLC" I still question how a dad who loves their kids can do such a thing! (Reminds me of - On Monday our youngest had the day off school. We went to the mall and there was no line for Santa. He talked to my daughter for a bit but the last thing he said was "come visit me again and tell your mom to buy the pictures"  How can Santa do such a thing!  I guess Santa gets a commission just like Jim Bob!)

• Love 7
10 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Oh fuck, it's too early for such news!

I'm utterly horrified. Joy is a mere baby. Urgggggggggggs.

So she'll be married off before she's 20, I assume, in order to pump out a gazillion kids. Who'd a thunk it'd be Joy?

No idea who these people are, not sure I can stomach watching videos.

Having said that, so what now? Is this really news? Who wants to watch this show, all they do is marrying off their girls, who will pump out baby after baby. All that is left now are a whole load of uneducated and, quite frankly, dim and unattractive kidult guys, some little girls who cannot be married off anytime soon and well, the parents. Does anyone really want to watch that?

I haven't watched for over a year. But this board is fun.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Readalot said:

It doesn't matter how many times I see JimDick blatantly pimp his family "tune in to see more of Austin and JoyJoy's courtship on TLC" I still question how a dad who loves their kids can do such a thing! (Reminds me of - On Monday our youngest had the day off school. We went to the mall and there was no line for Santa. He talked to my daughter for a bit but the last thing he said was "come visit me again and tell your mom to buy the pictures"  How can Santa do such a thing!  I guess Santa gets a commission just like Jim Bob!)

"Love" is a word we all know, so everybody can say "I love my kids" and really think they mean it. BUt I can think of quite a few people who say it but don't in a million years define "love" the way I or, I gather, you would. I think Jizm Bob's in that group. If your brain lacks the empathy button, you may not even have the capacity to fully realize that "love" as most of us see it is giving or self-denying or caring or accepting in any way, I expect. I think that's probably Jizm Bob. He feels the attachment of proximity and DNA likeness to them. So he goes through life firmly believing he really really loves them, but in reality he doesn't love them at all in the ways most of us think are required. Because for his personality type, he always comes first. I really think he's that diminished a person.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

It looks like Mr. Austin has been around for going on five months? They're totes engaged.

To be fair, the Forsythes and Duggars have been close for years. I bet they were in "get to know you" stage five months ago. JinJer were in that phase for about five months.  I think the courtship began in early October when Joy, her parents,and Smuganna were at Fort Rock. Note fall leaves just starting to show in the video. That would be about right for the South.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

She didn't even have time to find a fake career. No fake EMT, no fake midwifery, no fake photography... nothing.

Well, she's dumb as a post. I doubt she had any real individual interests. She's always just been barely "there." And given her TH segments, I DO mean "barely "

• Love 10
Just now, Sew Sumi said:

Well, she's dumb as a post. I doubt she had any real individual interests. She's always just been barely "there." And given her TH segments, I DO mean "barely "

I think she may have developed some interests if:

1. She were able to age chronologically past 19 before getting married. Emotionally, I'd put her at 13.

2. She hadn't been taken out of her comfort zone and thrust into pedicures and housework at such a crucial age.

• Love 7

Why is Joy already featured in the Family Camp photo??  Isn't this a bit premature?  Sure, they've been courting for a few months but they aren't even engaged yet, are they?  I mean, I know in Duggar-speak, "courting" means "just waiting a few months for the wedding so it will appear as if we spent more than 15 minutes getting to know each other," but sheesh, it seems really strange to put Joy in that photo already.  If I didn't know better, I'd think that Mr. Family Camp is super happy to have a Duggar join the family, thereby increasing his campers who follow the Duggars (and I do know better).  This just creeps me out.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 16
6 minutes ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

I think she may have developed some interests if:

1. She were able to age chronologically past 19 before getting married. Emotionally, I'd put her at 13.

2. She hadn't been taken out of her comfort zone and thrust into pedicures and housework at such a crucial age.

Unfortunately, watching a couple segments of that "World's Strictest Parents" episode, the women don't do many "outdoorsy" things, unless you're there to be taught a lesson. Joy will be stuck in the kitchen for the most part. Thankfully, laundry duty is light, as campers being their own sheets.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Unfortunately, watching a couple segments of that "World's Strictest Parents" episode, the women don't do many "outdoorsy" things, unless you're there to be taught a lesson. Joy will be stuck in the kitchen for the most part. Thankfully, laundry duty is light, as campers being their own sheets.

And pillows.  If I'm not mistaken when JB and Michelle recently went on their marriage retreat there, Joy Anna came along to volunteer in the kitchen.

• Love 2

Joy is obviously the next sacrificial lamb put up for slaughter/tv ratings but I also wonder if this quick courtship is in response to the 'Is Joy gay?' speculation. In the past, the rumor mill was swirling around Josiah, then bam!! He was courting. 

At this point I wouldn't put anything past KJB.

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Maybe Jill can clue her in on naturally controlling her fertility. (Jill is holding strong at what 18 months?) Perhaps she'll get some horseback riding in before the pregnancies come.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

She didn't even have time to find a fake career. No fake EMT, no fake midwifery, no fake photography... nothing.

At least they were honest with this one.

1 hour ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

At least they were honest with this one.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I mean, I know in Duggar-speak, "courting" means "just waiting a few months for the wedding so it will appear as if we spent more than 15 minutes getting to know each other,"

This made me literally laugh out loud. So spot on!!!

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, scriggle said:

I guess they've given up on marrying any of the boys off. The Bates seem to be having the same problem. I wonder why.

I think more guys might see the fantasy of having the subservient little virgin with very little brain as tempting than the typical woman would dream of a domineering lout (of similarly limited brainpower) who wants to literally keep her barefoot and pregnant.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 9
21 hours ago, Saytura said:

Looks like Austin's dad owns Fort Rock Family Camp in NWA and has been friends with Jim Bob for years.  I think that's where the marriage retreat with Jim Bob/Michelle and Josh/Anna was that the Reddit guy went to.  We all thought it was weird at the time Joy was there... Guess we know why!

I think there was an episode a long time ago when the whole family spent time at the camp. Recognized it immediately when I looked at the website.

I watched that episode that someone linked to unthread featuring Austin and his family and they are 100% in line with the Gothard/Duggar ways of thinking, doing, and speaking, so I get why Austin would be easily approved to court Joy. The parents and sister actually seemed very nice in the episode, so I'm sure Joy won't be unhappy with them as long as she continues to drink the fundie koolaide. I think Austin is plenty handsome. Poor Joy has so much acne, I can't help but be reminded of her tender age every time she's on camera. Hope it's a long courtship/engagement, but I doubt it. This time, JB and Michelle will excuse their daughter's youth and ridiculously short engagement based on her "15 years of past friendship" with the soon to be groom. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, SongbirdHollow said:

I think there was an episode a long time ago when the whole family spent time at the camp. Recognized it immediately when I looked at the website.

Boob and Mechelle were also shown there at another marriage retreat (another retread plotline). Fort Rock has been featured on the show more than once. And now we know that we'll see plenty of it next season as they play out Joy's courtship/engagement (which I expect around the holidays).

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

To be fair, the Forsythes and Duggars have been close for years. I bet they were in "get to know you" stage five months ago. JinJer were in that phase for about five months.  I think the courtship began in early October when Joy, her parents,and Smuganna were at Fort Rock. Note fall leaves just starting to show in the video. That would be about right for the South.

Geez, our brains were taxed trying to figure out JinJer's timeline and here we go again.......

• Love 4
19 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Oh fuck, it's too early for such news!

I'm utterly horrified. Joy is a mere baby. Urgggggggggggs.

So she'll be married off before she's 20, I assume, in order to pump out a gazillion kids. Who'd a thunk it'd be Joy?

No idea who these people are, not sure I can stomach watching videos.

Having said that, so what now? Is this really news? Who wants to watch this show, all they do is marrying off their girls, who will pump out baby after baby. All that is left now are a whole load of uneducated and, quite frankly, dim and unattractive kidult guys, some little girls who cannot be married off anytime soon and well, the parents. Does anyone really want to watch that?

Give it a few of years and JB can force Hannie into one of those creepy underage Gypsy marriages like they had on Arranged. (Big TLC Crossover event!)

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Micks Picks said:

Was Joy the one who wanted to horseback riding with Michelle?  They did go, whomever it was.  Didn't she want to be a veterinarian?  If so, I see her liking a "ranch".If Joy wasn't the horse/vet one, who was it?

My ears have thought that Joy was the one who really really really wanted the guys to hit the cat with the sled. (A positive frenzy of Git eeeemmm!!!! Git eeeeeeem!!!) So I'm thinking she's not the vet type....although maybe she wanted an injury so she could work her magic. (or maybe my ears deceive me ...)

But my very very dim recollection says that the horseback thing was one of the younger girls? Jenni, maybe? (or Hannie?)

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

At least Joy looked happy. I'm glad they aren't marrying her off to some unknown crazier fundie family. She has known him for years. He seems to like the outdoors, she's a tomboy, not a bad match.

Well, we know they're fundie, but hopefully they're not as bad as some. I just cannot wrap my brain around Joy courting. I mean, they all act so juvenile and clueless, but she is an extreme case. It's just impossible for me to picture her in a wedding dress and being pregnant within a year from now. I just have this sense that we may eventually see an announcement that, after prayer, they have decided to remain good friends. But who knows? She obviously has no ambitions or interests, and may see this as as good a chance as any. 

• Love 8

Just saw the little clip of Joy's "announcement." She strikes me as, shall we say, very casual. More like he'd said, "Wanna walk down to the 7-11 and pick up a Big Gulp" than announced he'll probably be spending his life with her and impregnating her on a regular basis. And I actually think she was surprised. But that it was a surprise not because she was particularly drawn to him and really excited about it but because the thought had never occurred to her, and might never have. It sort of seems like, "Why the hell not? What the heck else am I gonna do?" And in her situation that seems appropriate. Not appropriate for a marriage, of course. But unsurprising for a reaction from somebody like Joy who really does have nothing else to do and never expects to. And is an extremely dim bulb, of course.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 16

Watched JB & Michelle congratulate Joy on her courtship.  Why does Michelle have to talk to all of her kids like they're still 5?  Because she missed their childhoods maybe?  If there was one word I could delete from the Duggars vocabulary it would be 'excited'.  

• Love 13
On 11/16/2016 at 6:33 AM, MunichNark said:

I found the link to that TV show and scrolled through. Fucking hell, they are batshit crazy. Even worse than the Duggars, hell, they make them look liberal.

On 11/17/2016 at 5:28 AM, becca3891 said:

Well, we know they're fundie, but hopefully they're not as bad as some. I just cannot wrap my brain around Joy courting. I mean, they all act so juvenile and clueless, but she is an extreme case. It's just impossible for me to picture her in a wedding dress and being pregnant within a year from now. I just have this sense that we may eventually see an announcement that, after prayer, they have decided to remain good friends. But who knows? She obviously has no ambitions or interests, and may see this as as good a chance as any. 

@becca3891 - you're a nicer, or at least more optimistic, person than I am. Because I don't think that Austin's dad and JimBob would have been close friends all this time if they didn't share that fundie world view. I refuse to waste time watching that old episode, so thank you @MunichNark for taking one for the team, and I'll go with your assessment. (I prefer to do my time-wasting in PTV fora and other places where intelligent people hang out. Just saying.)

The Duggars are but one of zillions of fundie families, and not all of those nutjob fundies are Quiverfull. "Not a Duggar," as we've seen now with Anna and three sons-in-law, doesn't translate to "not a fundie nutjob." Anna and Ben are from fundie families, with fathers just as patriarchal and rulers of their own roost, as JB is. Derick comes from an SBC background, not IFB, but has thrown in his lot with the Jim Bob world including SOS Ministries, which is owned and operated by another Jim Bob crony. Jeremy's already taken control, including as we now know planning a fairly decent wedding. JB was so threatened by Jeremy that he virtually peed all over Jeremy's apartment on camera. There's a possibility that unlike Derick and Bin, Jeremy won't be JB's bitch, but Jeremy is still a fundie nutjob. 

They rein it in for the TLC cameras and People hacks, but the Duggars, including the Duggars by marriage, are all totally swimming in that kool-aid, IMO. They're raking in all the money they can, to support themselves and their mission to convert more people to their religious beliefs. And no doubt the more intelligent of them (not including Joy, from what I can tell) are laughing their asses off at the con they are pulling on the gullible heathens.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, Micks Picks said:

Was Joy the one who wanted to horseback riding with Michelle?  They did go, whomever it was.  Didn't she want to be a veterinarian?  If so, I see her liking a "ranch".If Joy wasn't the horse/vet one, who was it?

Hannie was the girl who loved horses and got to horseback riding.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, lulu69 said:

Joy is obviously the next sacrificial lamb put up for slaughter/tv ratings but I also wonder if this quick courtship is in response to the 'Is Joy gay?' speculation. In the past, the rumor mill was swirling around Josiah, then bam!! He was courting. 

At this point I wouldn't put anything past KJB.

I have to admit , I thought about this as well . It would also fit into what we know about TFDW who was pressured into marriage while his older brother wasn't getting the same treatment from their parents and was still unmarried at the time . Jim Bob married off Josh , the Sinner early, too . Marriage seems to be the fix all for everything .

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, lianau said:

I have to admit , I thought about this as well . It would also fit into what we know about TFDW who was pressured into marriage while his older brother wasn't getting the same treatment from their parents and was still unmarried at the time . Jim Bob married off Josh , the Sinner early, too . Marriage seems to be the fix all for everything .

Ditto for Brandon Keilen, Michael Bates' husband. He had no interest in marriage either until he was shoved in Michael's direction. 

• Love 3

My secret conspiracy theory is that Jinger was really meant for Austin.  Jeremy showed up, met Jinger somewhat organically, and ruined those plans.  Remember, Jinger was starting to pull back on the big city living narrative right before she met Jeremy.  Joy is the only girl left that makes sense to marry Austin.  The lost girls are too young and Jana is too old (and picky, from what reports say).

Austin's getting to the point where he needs to be groomed to take over the family business.  He doesn't have four more years to wait for Joy to experience life a little bit.

I do think that the Forsythes and the Duggars have always planned for their children to marry.  The synergy between the two families and their "businesses" have been at the forefront for years.  The Duggars have featured them on the show, the Forsythes use Jim Bob and Michelle as ads for marriage counseling weekends, and Joy is on the website already.  Anyways, that's my cynical side.  This is much more of an arranged marriage then we've seen for the other children so far, except for maybe Anna and Josh.

• Love 20
39 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

What kind of a camp is this? No idea what "family camp" is supposed to entail.

They have a website - Fort Rock Family Camp.  Pretty informative.  I especially like the accommodations section that tells you that you need to bring your own linens - sheets, towels... Looks like a blast from the past.  The town from the 1800's. Enjoy!

He's Ballinger, Jr. The sister is two years older than Austin, currently pregnant with their first... maybe 5 months along at this point. FJ may know her due date. Joy won't marry until the first grandkid is due and given a couple extra weeks buffer.

My Spidey sense says holiday engagement, early spring wedding (April).

• Love 2

I just watched part of the Strictest Parents show.  Austin was 14 at that time, and could have passed for a Duggar.  His family is so much like the Duggars, it's as if he could be a brother to Joy.  The first three guys were each different in their own way, but this guy is not different at all, he's a Duggar clone.  That seems like a very unexciting marriage to me.  Poor Joy, wait till the newness wears off of that relationship, and she finds herself in the country cleaning a camp for ever and ever.  Looks like a very boring, dull life to me.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, TaxNerd said:

What about the sister?  Is she married or too young for a Dugger boy?

Even if the sister was single, I don't think this would happen.  Clearly, the Duggar girls do not have a problem when it comes to securing a mate.  For peace sake, tomboy Joy is courting.  However, after what happened to the Kellers, I don't think the other fundie families are willing to risk their daughters with a Duggar guy.  Marjorie's parents seem to bear this out.  It's a shame, because I believe John David, Joseph and Jeremiah have the potential to be good husbands. 

• Love 1