Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The Texas necklace, if it is a bridesmaid gift, aren't they usually given the morning of the wedding? Or at least not worn until the wedding?

When my sister got married we got it at the rehearsal. 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Yep, this is the part the really bugs me about those sundaes. This, and the fact that, when she's done eating, somebody is going to have to pick up that sundae dish with the half-eaten fudge sauce all over it.

Those sundaes are one of the grossest food items I've ever seen, if not the grossest. They're dirt and germs in the making and sticky horror and dirt in the cleaning up and disposing. I guess they're supposed to look festive. But to me they look like something you accidentally messed up and had to throw in the dumpster.

Yes, but it's the one sure time in a year that a Duggar girl gets to eat something she doesn't have to make for herself. I don't think dirty and sticky register on the Duggars anyway. Think about Josie and the licked kitchen counters in the TTH. I'm still reeling from the Spurge-in-a-drawer closeup of the filthy cabinets, floors, and dishwasher.

Edited by BradandJanet
misspelled the no-good, very bad name
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The Texas necklace, if it is a bridesmaid gift, aren't they usually given the morning of the wedding? Or at least not worn until the wedding?

Remember, the Duggars do everything "different." From those pics Marjorie posted, Jinger had her shower a couple of weeks ago (or thereabouts; it was a weekday). She could have presented them then.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TaxNerd said:

This necklace has a heart on Austin.  They sell these all over the state, with Houston, Dallas, whatever.  I think this one is Austin specific, not a Laredo bridesmaid gift.

These charms are from Hobby Lobby (of course) ...the heart goes where it fits, without getting too close to the edge. They are $1.99....$1.20 with a coupon.  Uh oh, Jinge is putting her love of  Texas: Home of the Babe  above her "love of the lord ".  tm

• Love 6
7 hours ago, sometimesy said:

Drippy melting messy chocolate sundae..mmmmm

All this talk of messy sundaes reminds me of Kathy Griffin's cake soup. Recipe: Put cake and ice cream in bowl. Smash until you get the desired texture. Eat from bowl.

• Love 3
On October 30, 2016 at 10:40 PM, Almost 3000 said:

All this talk of messy sundaes reminds me of Kathy Griffin's cake soup. Recipe: Put cake and ice cream in bowl. Smash until you get the desired texture. Eat from bowl.

My husband does that with cake and milk.  It's something his grandpa taught him when he was a kid.  

• Love 2
On 10/28/2016 at 4:44 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Happy birthday, Joy! Enjoy your drippy sundae! 

Holy crap, you guys.  In my teen years, I worked at an ice cream parlor.  It is entirely possible to create an ice cream sundae with hot fudge and caramel without making it look like an exploded volcano experiment.  There would've been no way that serving something like this would've been presentable or acceptable where I used to work.  This looks for all the world like it was put together, and then extra hot fudge was purposely pumped all over the cold ice cream in order to make it look like this.  I have to think that JB orders it this way on purpose.  The restaurant would not want to waste that much hot fudge, and ain't no way anyone would want to run that sticky mess through a dishwasher.

This is a photo-op and nothing more.  I'm sorry, Joy, you deserved so much better for your 19th birthday.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Holy crap, you guys.  In my teen years, I worked at an ice cream parlor.  It is entirely possible to create an ice cream sundae with hot fudge and caramel without making it look like an exploded volcano experiment.  There would've been no way that serving something like this would've been presentable or acceptable where I used to work.  This looks for all the world like it was put together, and then extra hot fudge was purposely pumped all over the cold ice cream in order to make it look like this.  I have to think that JB orders it this way on purpose.  The restaurant would not want to waste that much hot fudge, and ain't no way anyone would want to run that sticky mess through a dishwasher.

This is a photo-op and nothing more.  I'm sorry, Joy, you deserved so much better for your 19th birthday.

I feel your pain. But apparently these sundaes are a fairly long-running fad in various restaurants around the country and even around the world. Kind of boggles the mind, doesn't it?

https://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g32578-d2358903-i46680890-Sammy_s_Woodfired_Pizza_Grill-La_Jolla_San_Diego_California.html

https://www.tripadvisor.it/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g2266070-d2235864-i85518409-Roadhouse_Grill-Buguggiate_Province_of_Varese_Lombardy.html

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3

I feel like I don't even know what I'm looking at with that sundae.  It's like they painted the glass with chocolate.

Joy looks cute there, though.

And the sundae in that San Diego link looks waaay grosser than the Duggar one.  Eewwwww.

Edited by 88Keys
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

I feel like I don't even know what I'm looking at with that sundae.  It's like they painted the glass with chocolate.

Joy looks cute there, though.

Google image search for "messy sundae" turns up evidence that this is a thing.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1138&bih=503&q="messy+sundae"&oq="messy+sundae"&gs_l=img.3...1131.3837.0.3961.14.13.0.0.0.0.145.638.2j4.6.0....0...1ac.1.64.img..8.5.553...0j0i10k1.sK9UV0arur8

I'm surprised we haven't seen the Duggars embrace the (gross in my opinion) trend of milkshakes served with food shoved in the glass or stacked on top. I would think JB would be all over some of the monstrosities I've seen. This pancake strip milkshake is one of the tamer ones. Maybe the next Jkid to have a birthday will get a milkshake that they can also count as a meal.

pancake milkshake.jpg

• Love 1
2 hours ago, sometimesy said:

I think Joy is a poster child for fundy. No education or ambition and happy as a lark.

Well, she's a few peanuts short of a Snickers. Great job in brainwashing there, Boobchelle. 100% success. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, kalamac said:

I'm surprised we haven't seen the Duggars embrace the (gross in my opinion) trend of milkshakes served with food shoved in the glass or stacked on top. I would think JB would be all over some of the monstrosities I've seen. This pancake strip milkshake is one of the tamer ones. Maybe the next Jkid to have a birthday will get a milkshake that they can also count as a meal.

pancake milkshake.jpg

Yikes. I saw a couple of these when I was searching for the messy sundaes. Seemed to me that the sundaes are fading a bit in prevalence as these horrors take over. .... I expect this may be the Duggs' next birthday fad. Maybe there just isn't a cut-price local restaurant that does them yet. Cause they look like they're right up the Duggar food alley.

• Love 1

When I was a kid,  very very long time ago, in NJ there was this famous ice cream place called Jahn's if I remember correctly, and the thing to do was bring a group of people and order a concoction I can't remember the name of, that was many, many scoops of all flavors of ice cream in a giant stainless steel bowl with all the toppings and a ton of whipped cream.  It was as big as a dishpan. then they brought spoons and smaller bowls but most of the time most of the groups just ate out of the communal bowl.  It was a fun thing to do back in the olden days.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

When I was a kid,  very very long time ago, in NJ there was this famous ice cream place called Jahn's if I remember correctly, and the thing to do was bring a group of people and order a concoction I can't remember the name of, that was many, many scoops of all flavors of ice cream in a giant stainless steel bowl with all the toppings and a ton of whipped cream.  It was as big as a dishpan. then they brought spoons and smaller bowls but most of the time most of the groups just ate out of the communal bowl.  It was a fun thing to do back in the olden days.

Yeah, but did they deliberately smear all the sauces and the cream and nuts all over the outside of the bowl and the plates? I'll bet they didn't -- because that's what makes today's fad so cool and modern! ....

Really -- I'm all for eating ice cream out of large containers. It's the "outside of the dishes smeared with fudge" part that I just do not get. At all.

• Love 8

No, but, considering the mess it made and everyone dipping in, maybe it was a foreshadow of a messy modern dessert.  Think of everyone's spit mingling in the giant bowl.    If I didn't have to share one of those messy sundaes I would probably enjoy cracking off the chocolate from the outside.  But only if no one else touched it.  And who could be sure of that in the preparation phase?  Anyway, I guess each generation has its own messy dessert thing!

Edited by lookeyloo
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

We had one here in Maryland, not John's I think Wiley's. They also had the giant concoction with all the ice-cream flavors in a steel bowl and did the same thing, bringing out smaller bowls and spoons.  The sundaes were as big as the Duggars sundae, but not messy unless you were a messy eater. We brought my nephews there for special occasions.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Like a trip to the pawn shop or your mother giving you only bags of Wal-Mart candy cuz she knows you so well. (Ala Jill's 21st birthday.)

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Huh.  I didn't know "messy sundaes" were an actual thing.  So they're not just sloppy, they're...trendy?  Does the Duggar Messy Sundae actually take the place of a proper birthday party with a cake and candles?

14 hours ago, kalamac said:

pancake milkshake.jpg

I am happy to say that this is the first I've seen of this. WHY?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Yes, had a Jahn's in NY next to a roller skating rink. Apparently Jahn's was a chain. I believe the sundae was called the 'Kitchen Sink'. Good times.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

No, but, considering the mess it made and everyone dipping in, maybe it was a foreshadow of a messy modern dessert.  Think of everyone's spit mingling in the giant bowl.    If I didn't have to share one of those messy sundaes I would probably enjoy cracking off the chocolate from the outside.  But only if no one else touched it.  And who could be sure of that in the preparation phase?  Anyway, I guess each generation has its own messy dessert thing!

Yep, I expect you're right!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Ewwwww, made me think of the Duggar analogy of "cups of spit"!

I expected Joy's drippy sundae to say "Hidey ho!"

I'm sorry if any of you are eating, all I could think of was Mr Hankey from South Park!

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I was at a bar the other weekend with some friends and one of them got a bloody mary with like an entire steak dinner shoved in the top. I, too, asked why. I'm in no way, shape or form a health nut who avoids sugar or anything like that, but I'd take about three bites of Joy's monstrosity before lapsing into a diabetic coma. That just looks foul. And huge. Way too much sugar and garbage for a human being to consume in one sitting. Happy birthday Joy--for our annual acknowledgement of your existence, let's contribute to your future liver disease.

Edited by Aja
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, lulu69 said:

Yes, had a Jahn's in NY next to a roller skating rink. Apparently Jahn's was a chain. I believe the sundae was called the 'Kitchen Sink'. Good times.

I had no idea it was a chain, but, those were the good ole days.  And yes, the Kitchen Sink!!!!

1 hour ago, Aja said:

I was at a bar the other weekend with some friends and one of them got a bloody mary with like an entire steak dinner shoved in the top. I, too, asked why. I'm in no way, shape or form a health nut who avoids sugar or anything like that, but I'd take about three bites of Joy's monstrosity before lapsing into a diabetic coma. That just looks foul. And huge. Way too much sugar and garbage for a human being to consume in one sitting. Happy birthday Joy--for our annual acknowledgement of your existence, let's contribute to your future liver disease.

Probably also cost about 10X what a bloody mary should. SMDH.

• Love 2

We were way old fashioned back in the day and made our own drippy sundaes, not necessarily on purpose though. We would mix caramel and warm chocolate, maybe nuts and bananas, and put about 10 cherries on top. Then we'd squirt endless amounts of whipped cream directly in our mouths. If we were determined we would actually get to the ice cream when we finally started eating it.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

This is hugely popular in NYC.  For a while the line outside the restaurant was so long to get in - it may be still on occasion, I walk past it and there are still Tensabarriers on the street, though the lines were only modest at the time - that they were hiring the same line sitters who wait for iPhones and Hamilton tickets.  Said restaurant is called Black Tap; you can watch them being constructed here:

http://www.eater.com/2016/3/6/11161882/how-black-tap-makes-their-gravity-defying-milkshakes

I personally think the "frosting as adhesion, a la waffle cone methodology of enrobing with chocolate and sprinkles" is way clever, but then again I'm one of those people who can honestly say I've never tasted a sugary concoction and deemed it "too sweet" for me.  Ever.  Sometimes I find artificial flavors cloying or poor (fake strawberry, watermelon, etc.); but "too sweet"? Never, so grain of salt.

• Love 2
On November 2, 2016 at 5:09 AM, lookeyloo said:

Sounds like the Pig Trough they used to serve at Farrell's in Seattle! I never had one but it was fun to see them brought into the dining room by TWO servers, hoisting it like they were transporting Cleopatra. 

I love ice cream but hate the trend of overflowing dishes. My favorite Italian joint serves the zabaglione that way, too, and it just kisses me off. What a waste. 

16 hours ago, Love2dance said:

In California we had Farrell's, with big communal Sundays called the "Zoo."

Personally, I will eat good hot fudge any way it is served, even on the side of a dish and melting down in a puddle. Yum.

Oops, just saw this! I guess I was thinking of the Zoo. Maybe the Pig Trough was just for two?

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Love2dance said:

In California we had Farrell's, with big communal Sundays called the "Zoo."

Personally, I will eat good hot fudge any way it is served, even on the side of a dish and melting down in a puddle. Yum.

Yes!!! They had them in Dallas when I was a teen, but I haven't ever seen them in Houston, Austin, or San Antonio...doesn't mean they aren't there, but maybe Dallas is as far south as that chain goes.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Sounds like the Pig Trough they used to serve at Farrell's in Seattle! I never had one but it was fun to see them brought into the dining room by TWO servers, hoisting it like they were transporting Cleopatra. 

I love ice cream but hate the trend of overflowing dishes. My favorite Italian joint serves the zabaglione that way, too, and it just kisses me off. What a waste. 

Oops, just saw this! I guess I was thinking of the Zoo. Maybe the Pig Trough was just for two?

Gosh, now I'm confused. Pig Trough sounds familiar too. Maybe they had both, like you said. Ahhh, memories!

2 hours ago, toodles said:

I remember Pig Trough.  But not the Zoo.  Adding my two cents to the discussion.

Looks like they had them both ??

Wikipedia › Farrell's_Ice_Cream_Parlour

Farrell's Ice Cream Parlour is an American ice cream parlor chain founded in Portland, Oregon, in 1963. ... The largest, the "Zoo" sundae, is delivered with great fanfare by multiple employees carrying it wildly around ...

Yelp › menu › item › no-3-the-pigs-trough

No. 3 the Pig's Trough - Menu - Farrell's Ice Cream Parlour Restaurant - Rancho Cucamonga - Yelp

• Love 1

Got bored and looked up the one in Maryland: Weile's ice cream. And they were ahead with their drippy sundaes!  They also colored the whip cream in pastel shades.  It was a favorite place for teens.

Weile's.jpg

Edited by Catlyn
those pictures needed a description about the colored cream
  • Love 2
On Tuesday, November 01, 2016 at 10:27 AM, laurakaye said:

I feel sorry they get cheap shit for their birthdays. Joy is 19?? I remember her at 6/7. I feel bad she has to be a Duggar. 

• Love 3
On 03/11/2016 at 2:35 PM, queenanne said:

This is hugely popular in NYC.  For a while the line outside the restaurant was so long to get in - it may be still on occasion, I walk past it and there are still Tensabarriers on the street, though the lines were only modest at the time - that they were hiring the same line sitters who wait for iPhones and Hamilton tickets.  Said restaurant is called Black Tap; you can watch them being constructed here:

http://www.eater.com/2016/3/6/11161882/how-black-tap-makes-their-gravity-defying-milkshakes

I personally think the "frosting as adhesion, a la waffle cone methodology of enrobing with chocolate and sprinkles" is way clever, but then again I'm one of those people who can honestly say I've never tasted a sugary concoction and deemed it "too sweet" for me.  Ever.  Sometimes I find artificial flavors cloying or poor (fake strawberry, watermelon, etc.); but "too sweet"? Never, so grain of salt.

31350ex.png

Cotton candy, 4 chipwiches or a piece of cake as a garnish. 

• Love 3
On 11/2/2016 at 11:54 AM, Aja said:

Happy birthday Joy--for our annual acknowledgement of your existence, let's contribute to your future liver disease.

Well she isn't getting a beer for her 21st, so got to start on her liver early!

• Love 4

First time commenting but long time reader :) Not sure if this was ever discussed but I just saw on the website Hollywood gossip that there is a deleted clip from counting on about whether or not John is courting anyone. From what was said it sounds like he may be. I don't know how to link the article here 

• Love 5