Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

24 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Ugh.  He just has that smug, entitled look, and he has nothing to qualify him to run for any elected office, anywhere.  He's Beavis to Jer's Butthead, or maybe the other way around.

🤮

Does this smug asswipe have a prayer to actually get elected, anywhere?  Please, no.

“I can’t look you square in the tits and my only sexual release is wet dreams. Vote for me!”

Anybody else notice Jim Bob's hand operating the puppet strings in the photos of Smuggar 3.0? 

Hopefully that’s just a sign of desperation. I mean look they created a fake charity, robbed a hurricane struck country, and now they’re going with THIS?  Maybe Jim Bob knows there is not much time left on the fame clock and is just running a smash and grab operation at this point. 

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 3
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

5 pictures:

Just envisioning Jed trying to connect with all the potential Hispanic and Marshall Islander constituents in Springdale and convince them that he gives a flying fuck about them is making me roll my eyes so hard. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
13 minutes ago, Zella said:

Just envisioning Jed trying to connect with all the potential Hispanic and Marshall Islander constituents in Springdale and convince them that he gives a flying fuck about them is making me roll my eyes so hard. 

"You-o vote for me-oh?" 

• LOL 16
  • Love 1

I'd be truly shocked if he has actually moved out of the TTH. I'm quite sure he's still sleeping in the bunk beds with his brothers, eating the food his sisters cook, and having them wash his dirty underwear. I bet that little shit doesn't even own his own vehicle, let alone anything else. 

• Love 19

The only family member I’ve seen comment on this was Jill, on one of his posts. Has anyone seen anyone else comment, endorse?

And even Jill's post wasn't that enthusiastic, at least for Jill. There was no "yay!" in sight!

• LOL 10
56 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I'd be truly shocked if he has actually moved out of the TTH. I'm quite sure he's still sleeping in the bunk beds with his brothers, eating the food his sisters cook, and having them wash his dirty underwear. I bet that little shit doesn't even own his own vehicle, let alone anything else. 

I'm positive he doesn't own a vehicle. I tried searching him in the personal property records yesterday--which is code for vehicle in Arkansas--as another means of getting info on an address. And nothing was registered to him. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Guy in the plaid shirt and jeans looks familiar? Maybe Bobby Ballinger?

Yes, I think you're right!

Confession: I initially thought you meant the kid in the first picture and not the guy in the third picture. My bad--sorry! 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 1

Maybe Josiah wa there too? It looks like his hairline in the third pic.

Also, Jed can't have a litter of kids behind him so he brings his twin and half of a twin set. JD must have been too busy with those long kisses.

• LOL 7
8 hours ago, Zella said:

I'm positive he doesn't own a vehicle. I tried searching him in the personal property records yesterday--which is code for vehicle in Arkansas--as another means of getting info on an address. And nothing was registered to him. 

Not even his brain is registered to him.  All of his thoughts and "opinions" are of JimBob.  Ugh!

• LOL 6
  • Love 15

Have to say, I really, really like Jana's dress here. From the length of it to the sleeves to the way it ties at the waist, and the dark green color, it just flatters her. And it looks as though she went lighter with her hair as well in a nice ombre with the lighter ends. Well done!

• Love 18
6 hours ago, Lunera said:

Yup, that lady right there is the one that still washes his undies. 

And brings his meals over on the days he abandons his tinker-bunk to stay at 'his house" because he needs to throw people off the scent of his only semi-legitimate residency.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10
13 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Have to say, I really, really like Jana's dress here. From the length of it to the sleeves to the way it ties at the waist, and the dark green color, it just flatters her. And it looks as though she went lighter with her hair as well in a nice ombre with the lighter ends. Well done!

I like her dress, too. Except that I would bet a fair amount that the knee exposure is part of a strategy to throw people off the scent of their cultism. 

38 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Someone commented that his father was in politics, and they were taught civics while being homeschooled. So, there you have it!

Civics-According-to-Bill-Gothard. Yikes. 

• Love 2

Someone commented that his father was in politics, and they were taught civics while being homeschooled. So, there you have it!

Does he have a GED?

• Love 2

She's shown her knees previously. The big difference that I can see in this dress is that it's much more figure hugging. From the picture where Jed is in the middle you can clearly see an outline of her bottom. Surprised that they let that stand considering their need to "nike" everything. 

On a side note, sinner twin must not tow the line very well. He's MUCH better looking than his brother and if they haven't pushed him forward into the public eye there has to be a reason. Jed looks just like Smuggar; he looks years older than his twin. 

• Love 8

If Jana is Jed's accountability partner and she's wearing a dress that shows her knees, isn't a rule being broken in there somewhere?  It's all very confusing.

In the picture of Jed holding court with his potential constituents, I find it hysterical that Jana is standing there listening.  Did she have to spend her day following him all over the Capitol?  Does she stand outside the bathroom door and consult her watch while he takes a pee?

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 14
42 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

If Jana is Jed's accountability partner and she's wearing a dress that shows her knees, isn't a rule being broken in there somewhere?  It's all very confusing.

Given that they also left one of his actual "jobs" off his campaign resume -- the one where he was "director" of Gothard-connected retreats for young people in 2018 and 2019 -- I'm pretty sure they're doing what they can to hide the Gothard-cult connection.....Otherwise there'd be zero reason to leave any job or supposed job off his teensy resume......

In fact, I'd bet the reason they invented that job for him in the first place was to have some "leadership" roles on his resume in preparation for this political run. .... In the interim, though, they -- or some politico they know and discuss things with -- tested the waters and thought things through and came to the conclusion that Jed's electoral chances would be better if they hid the cult connection....Thus -- leaving off his political resume the "executive" position they originally created for the purpose of building his political resume. 

Similarly, since it's the Gothard cult that sets the Duggar women's clothing rules, I would bet heavily that Jana's knee exposure is another deliberate attempt to portray Jed and his family  as  just your average conservative Christians. Not a bunch of cultish nuts. 

It's all strategy, I'm convinced........Notice, for example, that we've seen tons of pictures of Jana in various skirts in 2019....And, until this political photo, her knees haven't been showing to this extent -and neither has her figure. When she's been photographed standing up straight, she's either been in skirts that end at or below the bottom of her knees -- just a hair (or more) below where the skirt ends in this standing-up-straight picture  -- or she's had leggings on under the skirt -- or both -- in picture after picture. And all her dresses and skirt-and-top outfits have been baggier and less figure-hugging, too, 

Having her knees showing in this picture -- in a quite normal-looking (even nice-looking) dress -- and ditching the baggy clothing is no accident. They want to show that, yes, they are conservative Christians, but not over-the-top conservative Christians. We're normal, voters -- just like you!  

Just like the resume stripped of the Gothard connection, it's a statement designed to make it easier to get Jim Bob's (and Gothard's) sock puppet into the state legislature. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 3
  • Love 12
52 minutes ago, EVS said:

Does he have a GED?

No, probably not. A handful of the very oldest kids got them. But they stopped mentioning the GED years ago, possibly in response to the fact that a revised, more difficult GED debuted in 2014. 

(and maybe also partly because they intended their boys to work only for Jim Bob, and their girls never to work at all -- so why bother?)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

5 pictures:

"Let's see.....what address am I using?"

3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe Josiah wa there too? It looks like his hairline in the third pic.

I think you are right.  I think it's funny we can identify the guy Duggs by their hairlines. 

• LOL 17
  • Love 3

I do wonder what JB's master plan is for Jed.  Even if he wins this election, he does not have the qualifications to run for anything higher.  Maybe he can become a cog in the repub machine in Arkansas, but he is never going to be a leader.  Is JB willing to cede control of one of his 19 to someone else?  Someone who's priorities can shift at any moment?  What if the leader of the party is a woman?  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

No, probably not. A handful of the very oldest kids got them. But they stopped mentioning the GED years ago, possibly in response to the fact that a revised, more difficult GED debuted in 2014. 

(and maybe also partly because they intended their boys to work only for Jim Bob, and their girls never to work at all -- so why bother?)

That’s what I figured. Thanks for confirming. Do you think this would hurt him in the election? I know I wouldn’t vote for someone who was home schooled and didn’t have a GED simply because I would have no way of knowing if they possessed even the basic knowledge necessary to do the job properly. Honestly, I would probably expect a candidate to at least have a bachelor’s degree but would be open to someone with a high school degree or GED. 

eta: except I would never vote for a Duggar for any office, whether they had a GED or not.

Edited by EVS
  • Useful 1
  • Love 20

How rigorous are campaign financing laws in Arkansas? I could see this as just an elaborate grift.

I know the story is that JimBob blew $250k on his own failed attempt, but that could be a rural legend and/or a way to keep donors appeased.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

I know the story is that JimBob blew $250k on his own failed attempt, but that could be a rural legend and/or a way to keep donors appeased.

Good question about the Arkansas laws. I don't know the answer to that, but I can imagine the Duggars doing something like this as grift -- or doing anything as grift, actually. 😁

However, JB blew the $250K on a primary run for the U.S. Senate against an incumbent.

And it'd be very very very very hard to spend less than that in such a race -- even if your campaign were a complete sham. Even if you're just pretending to run, you're pretending to run for a statewide office -- and one with national implications. So you have to do a lot more than just put up sign-sleds in your town  -- even to run a race that you didn't mean to win and that was essentially phony. 

And JB's run clearly wasn't phony. He wanted that power and wanted that seat and truly thought he could get it because Tim Hutchinson had had an affair, which JB figured would outrage conservative Arkansas folks. So I'm sure he didn't steal that money. 

I agree that JB isn't above doing anything for money.

But I also feel pretty sure that money isn't the only thing that interests him.......I believe that a) his ego wants not only money but als power and control -- look how he demonstrates that trait in his own family, even! and b) he does truly believe that he has some kind of mission from God (and the white patriarchy) to help white conservative Christian men get back into power in this country (and the world!) to recreate the world as they (and Jesus!) really really want it! 

I'll bet he was incredibly distressed by his own political losses (for both the above reasons), that by far his worst disappointment with Joshley throughout Josh's life was his dropping the ball on getting a career of political influence, and that he's been plotting and working ever since that moment to put another son on a truer path to getting some political power back in the Duggar name. 

JB doesn't just drag his family to DC year after year and in and out of congressional offices here for nothing. He's in search of political power and influence for himself and for his causes....I'm sure of it. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 2
  • Love 17
19 minutes ago, EVS said:

That’s what I figured. Thanks for confirming. Do you think this would hurt him in the election? I know I wouldn’t vote for someone who was home schooled and didn’t have a GED simply because I would have no way of knowing if they possessed even the basic knowledge necessary to do the job properly. Honestly, I would probably expect a candidate to at least have a bachelor’s degree but would be open to someone with a high school degree or GED. 

eta: except I would never vote for a Duggar for any office, whether they had a GED or not.

It would be interesting to know what civics or government lessons were taught at the Duggar Academy. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

It would be interesting to know what civics or government lessons were taught at the Duggar Academy. 

Definitely would be interesting. But...maybe more than we think.

They do want power.  So lessons on how to get your hands on the reins of government would be way more appealing and important to them than, say, lessons in algebra or whatever. And Gothard and his minions want/wanted power -- and influence and a presence in government -- also. 

I wonder whether the Duggar Academy would include some kind of conservative-Christian-activist-written self-paced online learning program about how to be an activist for the cause...

On the other hand, we know that they didn't do the things that many other conservative-Christian homeschoolers do in this line, such as participating in Christian-homeschool debate tournaments and so on... 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

He's Beavis to Jer's Butthead, or maybe the other way around.

No you had it right.  Jed's Beavis.  Butthead was just a hair smarter than Beavis. 

4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Hey, my dad was a doctor* and I took biology my sophomore year in HS.  Anyone need surgery?  I can totally do it, I swear!!

(JK, my dad wasn't a doctor, but using their logic, this would work.  Of course, Duggar and logic don't belong in the same sentence.)

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

You know, I would have no problem voting for someone who had a GED if they had some life experience. Plenty of people have advanced degrees and still aren’t educated. But this guy has done nothing outside of the Duggar Bubble that would have given him any understanding of or appreciation for the huge variety in the human species.

He’s deliberately ignorant. Give him unearned authority and he’s dangerously so.

Yes, willful ignorance is a frightening thing.

• Love 20

I've said that anyone running for office needs to take a Civics and an American History test as a prerequisite to running.  I can just picture Jed's home-fooling on both of these tests.  "The Constitution isn't important, it's just a lot of long words.  We're supposed to follow the Bible and the Bible only."

• Useful 1
  • Love 22