Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, questionfear said:

Exactly! IIRC, there's several girls between JD and the next youngest boy (Joseph?), so I'm guessing JD was "allowed" to pursue any and all interests that kept him too busy to question how his parents were handling Josh. The girls could be shut up by being told to be submissive, but JD hasn't ever seemed like much of a "babble bible verses and pretend to be smart" type, so they couldn't just steer him around telling him to forgive Josh because bible; instead, they let him be as busy as needed to keep him from paying close attention. Plus maybe they figured letting JD channel all his energy into construction/house flipping/law enforcement meant he wouldn't pull a Josh while bored or curious

In fact...this might also explain why Joe got to go to Clown College for a semester, and why Josiah went to Alert eleventy billion times-they were literally trying anything and everything to distract/exhaust/redirect the boys in order to insure no one got handsy again, or asked too many questions. 

I would not put it pass JB to pull something like this. Plus the fact Josh failed as the golden oldest son, so the next son had to be proven as the model son and brother.  JD may not care for the fact he had to step up to the plate and prove to the universe he was the good son. I still cannot stand JD at all, but he is a small step above Josh in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Fuzzysox said:

I can see them being engaged since then because they have been way too touchy feely.  I agree too that Abbie was given a corsage for the wedding because she is somebody not a no body.  I suspect that they have kept the engagement  underground for a while. Abbie is hanging out in Tonitown why? I think to get the wedding coordinated and to set up her new house. In conclusion this whole, courting and sudden engagement didn't happen overnight. They just waited for the perfect famewhoring moment to announce.

This sounds about right. I agree that they seem way too comfortable for the whole thing to be that new. There's a real sense there that both of them had just been waiting it out until the right person came along, and at their ages, even if they hadn't been allowed the opportunity for normal dating, they would have been thrown together with this, that, or another person somewhere along the line to see if anything developed, so I am pretty optimistic as to their really being suited for one another. Is it a love for the ages? Who knows, but does it need to be? The most passionate of love stories may fizzle out and become bitter, while a pairing of shared backgrounds and a spark of attraction can turn into something beautiful.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, PoshSprinkles said:

With this marriage there's going to potentially be a record-breaking number of Duggars pregnant in 2019. Anna, Jill, Jessa, Joy, Lauren, and Abbie! Kendra & Jinger are iffy. 

And there’s still time for at least one or two more courtships, engagements, and weddings before you even get to 2019 ...

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

So we can assume Abbie doesn't actually have a job as a nurse? Has she ever?

That’s what I’m wondering. Unless like some, she works 3 on, 4 off. 

Except for pictures from the wedding, and the one Jill posted that stated when it was taken, who knows when any other pictures were actually taken, though. 

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

So we can assume Abbie doesn't actually have a job as a nurse? Has she ever?

Given how often she's in Arkansas, I'm starting to wonder. She only got her license a year ago, so I can't imagine she'd have enough seniority at any facility to arrange her schedule aground her relationship.

• Love 6

If she works at a hospital then she might do like I do,  three twelves then 4 days off.  You can also arrange to have long stretches off pretty easily around your schedule.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Reddust said:

If she works at a hospital then she might do like I do,  three twelves then 4 days off.  You can also arrange to have long stretches off pretty easily around your schedule.

Yes @Reddust, that's what I was thinking - 3 12 hour days and then 4 off.  I've also know supervisors that were ok with someone swapping a shift with a co-worker, with supervisor approval and that it didn't put either of them into overtime.  So doing a 2 or even 3 day weekend for SiRen's wedding would be doable, as well a a trip to the college world series and a couple of days together in Arkansas.  

I also think that only announced the "courtship" because someone, probably from TLC, had the foresight to think, "Oh hey, Abbie will be with JD at the wedding probably so we should um, say something about that before then."  Abbie has routinely had her ring finger hidden in several of their photos.  I can totally see their engagement coming a couple of months ago but between Garrett, SiRen, Felicity, they had to literally "schedule" when to release it.  That's what happens when you have 19 kids.  Meanwhile, I'm still hoping that the Sinner Twin meets like a Pagan chick while filling up the lawnmowers with gas one day and hops off with her and travels the globe, has a couple of kids, maybe they get married, maybe they don't, and leaves this whole mess behind.  Just make sure when you leave in the middle of the night to pack, Jackson, Jana, Hannie, Izzy and Sam in the car and drop them off with friends of hers.

• Love 4
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Jenniferbug said:

They've been engaged a while. The clothes they're wearing in the engagement pictures are the same as the first picture posted on their joint Instagram account. 

His shirt looks the same, but she’s dressed differently.

6EFA117A-631A-424F-8EB6-CB899AE846CB.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 3

Most pictures we have seen of Abbie has her ring finger hidden further adding to the theory that they have been engaged for a while.

As for who is getting engaged next year Pickles speculates it's Jason!? Hmm I don't know perhaps he is ready since he is like Austin flipping houses. Maybe he will snag a nice girl but not Lauren Caldwell I want her to marry the sinner twin! 

2 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

Most pictures we have seen of Abbie has her ring finger hidden further adding to the theory that they have been engaged for a while.

As for who is getting engaged next year Pickles speculates it's Jason!? Hmm I don't know perhaps he is ready since he is like Austin flipping houses. Maybe he will snag a nice girl but not Lauren Caldwell I want her to marry the sinner twin! 

Once again ... there’s a Jason?

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

Of course there's a Jason!  We just saw him pictured recently.  You know, for his birthday.  He has a servant's heart and he loves the Lort or Lord.  And they made him a sugary dessert that sent half of us into diabetic comas just reading the ingredients.  Snort!

No idea if it is a typo but the part he loves the Lort or Lord cracks me up. Did Jason just turn 18? Way too young to think about courting and marriage.

(edited)

Josiah courted Marjorie when he was 18, but he would have been a 19 year old groom. Marjorie was just 17.

Edited by Sew Sumi
I really hate the autocorrect on this damn tablet
  • Love 1
(edited)

Could someone explain the rapture references to me please.

JD and Abbie: JB and the Lord's Handywork

JD and Abbie: Come Fly Away With Me

JD and Abbie: He Finally Got Permission to Find the Right One

JD and Abbie: One of the Twins Had to Be Next

JD and Abbie: Another Duggar Relationship

JD and Abbie: Mile High Marriage Duggar Style

Edited by bigskygirl
3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Could someone explain the rapture references to me please.

JD and Abbie: JB and the Lord's Handywork

JD and Abbie: Come Fly Away With Me

JD and Abbie: He Finally Got Permission to Find the Right One

JD and Abbie: Who Will Be Next

JD and Abbie: One of the Twins Had to Be Next

JD had jokingly commented that he was going to be a bachelor ‘til the rapture.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Mollie said:

It's about a four-hour drive from Abbie's home to Springdale, AR.  If the wedding is near the Duggar compound, many of Abbie's friends probably won't be able to attend. 

I disagree. I know that region; I hail, as they say, from OK/TX. For many (if not most) people there, a four hour drive to attend a wedding is no big deal. Depending on the scheduling it's probably not even an overnight trip. 

(The "pile in the car and cover a few hundred miles" mentality of people in the US becomes an interesting issue on some of the travel forums I belong to. It's always interesting to watch Brits trying to explain to Texans that a driving distance that may be a quick zip down the four-lane highway back home, will on a *good* day in the UK take more hours than they would believe. And that you take Google maps' driving time estimates for UK trips, with large pinches of salt.)

I wonder how Abbie's family is going to handle the wedding. Will they basically bow down to the Duggar/TLC media consortium and hand over control? Which AFAIK is what Kendra's and Lauren's families did. The Duggars and TLC have a lot more money than the average fundie family; I don't know if that's true of Abbie's family. Maybe they are all such happy followers of Gothard that nobody cares if the wedding is in Arkansas and not Abbie's home town and home church.

I have also sometimes wondered what some of the other Gothardite heads of households really think of JB, behind the friendly "we're in this together for Jesus and against Satan" facade. Isn't Abbie's dad kind of a big deal in IBLP, or am I mis-remembering that?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

His shirt looks the same, but she’s dressed differently.

6EFA117A-631A-424F-8EB6-CB899AE846CB.jpeg

You're absolutely right! I should have double checked.

47 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

JD and Abbie: We Beat the Rapture

JD and Abbie: Sorry Jana, It's All On You Now...

JD and Abbie: Adults in Love

JD and Abbie: Pilot and Mrs. Co-Pilot

JD and Abbie: We Beat the Rapture is my favorite so far!

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

Please do not let Ms. Renee anywhere near Abbie. I hope she finds her wedding dress elsewhere......anywhere but Ms. Renee.

Lauren Si Duggar had a different wedding dress venue. 

It would be nice if they got married in OK. 

• Love 2
(edited)
4 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I think they're adorable, and I wish them the best.

It really sucks that JD couldn't ask his girlfriend to marry him without cameras being there. It sucks that they have to make a special video for the fans to encourage them to "continue watching." It would be nice if they could enjoy personal, intimate, moments of their lives without both sets of parents and umpteen kids and cameras filming every minute.

Nobody's forcing them to accept the TLC money. Not many people get paid to "propose" on camera to the woman they love, or to "accept" on camera a proposal from the man they want to marry. Few people collect an appearance fee for showing up at their own wedding.

They grew up Gothard in big families. They'd probably be lost if left alone. And they are raking in a few thou of TLC bucks every time they turn around. They seem to be doing just fine.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 9
(edited)

Congratulations!  They are actually both working and we’re able to vote in the last presidential election so all I can say is good for them and don’t let that woman who made Joy/Austin get married in the hay touch your decor.

i vote “still no rapture, no longer a bachelor”

Edited by Soaper410
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

I disagree. I know that region; I hail, as they say, from OK/TX. For many (if not most) people there, a four hour drive to attend a wedding is no big deal. Depending on the scheduling it's probably not even an overnight trip. 

(The "pile in the car and cover a few hundred miles" mentality of people in the US becomes an interesting issue on some of the travel forums I belong to. It's always interesting to watch Brits trying to explain to Texans that a driving distance that may be a quick zip down the four-lane highway back home, will on a *good* day in the UK take more hours than they would believe. And that you take Google maps' driving time estimates for 

I have also sometimes wondered what some of the other Gothardite heads of households really think of JB, behind the friendly "we're in this together for Jesus and against Satan" facade. 

Me too!  I’m curious what conversations are had behind closed doors about this family. Admiration?  Disgust?  Envy?  

And were they, and are they continuing to be, chaperoned throughout the relationship?

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Nobody's forcing them to accept the TLC money. Not many people get paid to "propose" on camera to the woman they love, or to "accept" on camera a proposal from the man they want to marry. Few people collect an appearance fee for showing up at their own wedding.

They grew up Gothard in big families. They'd probably be lost if left alone. And they are raking in a few thou of TLC bucks every time they turn around. They seem to be doing just fine.

If I was JD I would have done a fake proposal for the show and to please his idiot father. I would have find a way to sneak off and do the real proposal with just Addie and no other family members around. Of course we are talking about the Duggars here. Everything has to be a big deal especially courting, proposals, weddings and having a baby.

12 hours ago, questionfear said:

I think the whole family is nuts...but I will say, he genuinely seems happy and so does she. I'll provisionally be happy for them but reserve the right to remove that as soon as they say something bigoted or homophobic. :)

There was a lady posting in one of the other threads who knows Abbie and her family and said they were genuinely good people (and she’s an atheist, so it’s not a fellow fundie). I’m sure Abbie thinks being gay is a sin, because I’ve never met a fundie who didn’t, but I don’t think she’s the fire-and-brimstone Instagram or robocall type. These two kind of remind me of Joe and Kendra... they all share the same beliefs but if they had a gay person in their living room I don’t think they could be rude to them, they’re just too genuinely nice.

Which is not to say their beliefs aren’t repugnant, because they are. I just don’t see them being vocally hateful like Derick or Michelle or Ben before Jessa lowered the shut-up hammer. 

• Love 12
(edited)
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Given how often she's in Arkansas, I'm starting to wonder. She only got her license a year ago, so I can't imagine she'd have enough seniority at any facility to arrange her schedule aground her relationship.

She may do what is called ‘per diem’ Shifts, meaning she’s basically a contractor and can mark off the days she doesn’t want to work.  She won’t get as many benefits, but she does get a flexible schedule. 

JD and Abbie: he reconsidered the bachelor till the rapture thing. 

Edited by mythoughtis
Added the title suggestion
  • Love 6